PDA

View Full Version : Week 27-(June 29-5th of July) Steampunk avatar week

Pages : [1] 2

Ichneumon
2009-05-29, 09:34 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce:

Steampunk Avatar Week
June 29 till July 5

It's time for all of us to acknowledge who we really are, steam engine loving Si-Fi people. It's time to turn our avatars steampunk!

You can post here to discuss it and show of your new avatars and ask for people to draw them for you.

It would be nice if everybody could wait till the actual week before using them though.

(Also, please be aware of xkcd-week in week 25)

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-29, 10:50 AM
ask for people to draw them for you.

I hereby request some kind of steam-driven Panda from some eminent avateur. Or perhaps a top hat, walking cane and monocle would suffice. I don't know...

Bisected8
2009-05-29, 11:18 AM
How can I make my avatar more steampunkish? I could change the goggles, but apart from that I can't think of anything else.

KingGolem
2009-05-29, 01:07 PM
I hereby request some kind of steam-driven Panda from some eminent avateur. Or perhaps a top hat, walking cane and monocle would suffice. I don't know...

DamnedIrishman, I accept your request. I will send the completed avatar to you later today.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-29, 01:38 PM
DamnedIrishman, I accept your request. I will send the completed avatar to you later today.

Well, that was an unexpectedly quick response. My gratuitous thanks, mysterious stanger!

KingGolem
2009-05-29, 02:37 PM
No problem. After all, you were the first one to request an avatar. I just sent it to you by a private message.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-29, 02:55 PM
Good to see someone was more decisive than I am. :smalltongue:
Must...resist...urge...

Xallace
2009-05-29, 03:33 PM
I whole-heartedly support the idea of steampunk week and will show said support during the appropriate period!
That said, could anyone steampunk mein avatar? I'm not sure how you could steampunk an abjurer wizard; possibly with a Fantastical Protectional Sphere Generator?

KingGolem
2009-05-29, 04:17 PM
I whole-heartedly support the idea of steampunk week and will show said support during the appropriate period!
That said, could anyone steampunk mein avatar? I'm not sure how you could steampunk an abjurer wizard; possibly with a Fantastical Protectional Sphere Generator?

I'll do this one too. However, I have to go somewhere in just a little while, so I probably won't get it done until tomorrow. While I am still willing to do avatars, I am but one man. All you other skill-havers get out here and join in the fight for Steampunk Week!

Emperor Ing
2009-05-29, 04:19 PM
Now all i gotta do is figure out how to steampunk a tarrasque...
Sorry guys, I wont be taking requests.

Ichneumon
2009-05-29, 04:24 PM

The first image that comes to my mind when I hear "steampunk tarrasque" is the pokemon blastoise...

Jkoshe
2009-05-29, 04:26 PM

Clockwork tarrasque!!! It's from an WOTC updated adventure. Something Mountain.

Fri
2009-05-29, 04:27 PM
actually it's already rather steampunk. The other side of steampunk is victorian england!

Emperor Ing
2009-05-29, 04:36 PM
The first image that comes to my mind when I hear "steampunk tarrasque" is the pokemon blastoise...

As simple (and awesome) as that sounds, I feel I should do what I do best
Draw something unnecessarily complicated and extremely over-the-top. :smallsmile:

VampireRot
2009-05-29, 04:47 PM
Meh. I have no idea how I'm going to do this. Mostly because I only have a basic grasp of what Steakpunk actually is. :smallannoyed:

Emperor Ing
2009-05-29, 04:53 PM
Do you know what Cyberpunk is?
If yes, take that except replace it with brass victorian steam technology.
If no...this picture gives you a general idea. (http://api.ning.com/files/h94kHYgPmI5J8SPgcPQryszy8udmWVFFWbw8pL9jo5i62mN4sn oyhf-6lTZ-5hzrxLcV0z64XULileA1vNDPIl4JrMbWgb4u/cyberpunk_symphony.jpg)

Castaras
2009-05-29, 05:15 PM
Do you know what Cyberpunk is?
If yes, take that except replace it with brass victorian steam technology.
If no...this picture gives you a general idea. (http://api.ning.com/files/h94kHYgPmI5J8SPgcPQryszy8udmWVFFWbw8pL9jo5i62mN4sn oyhf-6lTZ-5hzrxLcV0z64XULileA1vNDPIl4JrMbWgb4u/cyberpunk_symphony.jpg)

That's more cyber punk than steam punk

Steam punk is cool victorian looking gadgets with lots of cogs.

A (http://hydralisk.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/montres_steampunk_1.jpg) B (http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/steampunk2.jpg) C (http://www.wired.com/images/slideshow/2007/06/gallery_steampunk/steampunkLaptop2.jpg)

Ichneumon
2009-05-29, 05:18 PM

Steam punk is cool victorian looking gadgets with lots of cogs.

A (http://hydralisk.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/montres_steampunk_1.jpg) B (http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/steampunk2.jpg) C (http://www.wired.com/images/slideshow/2007/06/gallery_steampunk/steampunkLaptop2.jpg)

That laptop is amazing.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-29, 05:20 PM

Ya I know, I was just giving him the general idea of what Cyberpunk is so he gets a better idea what Steampunk is.

And those are cool btw. :smallwink:

MrEdwardNigma
2009-05-29, 05:21 PM
Not sure how one could make a steampunk version of my avatar, but I sure would appreciate it if someone did.

VampireRot
2009-05-29, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I have no clue how to do this. So I'm going to ask someone else! I need an avatarist to make a Steampunk Rot. Please?

Trizap
2009-05-29, 05:55 PM
steampunk Trizap won't be hard- I'm already a mad scientist, I just need to replace the white labcoat and icefire with some victorian coat and a floating gear like I said before, perhaps I should add a monocle too?

VampireRot
2009-05-29, 05:56 PM
steampunk Trizap won't be hard- I'm already a mad scientist, I just need to replace the white labcoat and icefire with some victorian coat and a floating gear like I said before, perhaps I should add a monocle too?

Monocle, definetly.

MethosH
2009-05-29, 05:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/hazare19891/STEAMPUNKLAW.png
Check out my me steam punk :D

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-29, 06:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/hazare19891/STEAMPUNKLAW.png
Check out my me steam punk :D

Save the avatar for the week!
:smallsmile:

Dogmantra
2009-05-29, 06:35 PM
How to steampunk my Half-orc jedi?

Hmmm...
Top hat, coat of tails, monocle, and lightsabre with cogs?

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-29, 06:48 PM

Hmmm...

Lightrapier, sir.

Trizap
2009-05-29, 06:49 PM

Hmmm...

no, no no, turn lightsaber into light-rapier or a light cutlass, you know one of those colonial era swords used by naval officers that look like rapiers or foils.

edit: sarnath'd. someone posted light-rapier right before me

Dogmantra
2009-05-29, 06:59 PM
That, good sirs, is quite possibly the best idea ever.

Light Rapier. Awesome.

Szilard
2009-05-29, 07:00 PM
I think I once drew Elan as Luke Skywalker with a lightrapier...

Icewalker
2009-05-29, 07:05 PM
I'm hoping to get an avatar of my steampunk character, Kairos, engineer for The Archaeopteryx.

Whitish hair, pretty short, straight. Thick bronze goggles, one eye covered by a metal plate, the other with a darkened lens, with a gear on the side of the goggles.

The body and clothing is pretty open steampunkish, although I think it'd be best with a belt-sash across his chest covered in tools, and a screwdriver in hand as well as a few more along his waist. Vest, buttons, buckles, whatever, just general steampunk feel: bronze. Probably some oil smears, considering.

Wraithy
2009-05-29, 07:28 PM
For some reason, I now want to see a steampunk version of the Engineer from TF2 :smallconfused:

Dogmantra
2009-05-29, 07:28 PM
Aaaaaand done!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/steampunkhalforcnerd.png
He's a little smaller than my current avi, since the hat extends him upwards.
Still, comments?

Edit:This means I'm free to do steampunk for others. Priority given to those who currently have one of my avatars.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-29, 07:32 PM
For some reason, I now want to see a steampunk version of the Engineer from TF2 :smallconfused:

Verily, it would be my pleasure if thoust could construct a dispenser in this specific location old chum.

:smalltongue:

MethosH
2009-05-29, 08:03 PM
Save the avatar for the week!
:smallsmile:

Ohhhhh! its JUNE 29... lol

Gourtox
2009-05-29, 08:12 PM
Could anyone do a steampunk version of my avvie?

EDIT: Preferablely with a chainaxe if you can.

Trizap
2009-05-29, 08:15 PM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Trizap/steampunkTrizap-1.png

heres steampunk Trizap!

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-29, 08:18 PM
I have a great idea!!! :smallbiggrin:

Trizap
2009-05-29, 08:19 PM
tell us then.

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-29, 09:19 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g3811.png

Ceric
2009-05-29, 09:28 PM
Well don't change your avatar yet! Wait another month.

Now how do you steampunk-inize a wizard robe? I might just change it into a dress.

Icewalker
2009-05-29, 09:50 PM
Yeah, wait for later to put up your avatars!

Actually, if I can get a good Kairos avatar, I think I'd use it long-term. Freaking awesome character.

Kris on a Stick
2009-05-29, 10:03 PM
That, good sirs, is quite possibly the best idea ever.

Light Rapier. Awesome.

No sir, you need to get into the language of the thing. Not light rapier, phlogistonated rapier. Or at least ionised rapier. Or what about Rapier phlogistonising device? :smalltongue:

Edit: Photic Rapier!!!

Also, missed a whole page. >.<

GrlumpTheElder
2009-05-30, 08:19 AM
I'm anoyed. It is really hard to get all the detail I want in a 120 x 120 avatar!!!

Tamburlaine
2009-05-30, 08:36 AM
Now how do you steampunk-inize a wizard robe? I might just change it into a dress.
Labcoat. Can steam powered technology be 'sufficiently advanced'?

Xallace
2009-05-30, 10:51 AM
Labcoat. Can steam powered technology be 'sufficiently advanced'?

If not labcoat then modified frock coat. We're punk, right? Tear it up a little, wear it open. Ooh, and with belts of alchemical liquids underneath! Then of course we'll need a pair of goggles just above the brim of the hat.

Sufficiently advanced? As in, "indistinguishable from magic?" Steam-powered Tenser's Floating Disk. Ride it. Awesome.

Verily, it would be my pleasure if thoust could construct a dispenser in this specific location old chum.

Chaps, your assistance please! It is my impression that a gentleman of dubious affiliation is nullifying the workings of my multi-range high-velocity projectilating sentinel!

Emperor Ing
2009-05-30, 03:10 PM
I are finished.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/steampunktarrie-1.png

Questions? Comments? Critique?

Ichneumon
2009-05-30, 03:15 PM
I like it, although those are actually not the Tarasque's eyes, but its ears. Its "nosetrils" are its actual eyes.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-30, 03:17 PM
I allow myself some artistic liberties :smalltongue:

Ichneumon
2009-05-30, 03:18 PM
I allow myself some artistic liberties :smalltongue:

Of course, although I know it is "wrong", I still always see the ears as eyes.

Dogmantra
2009-05-30, 03:19 PM
I like it, but don't use it yet!
We've got another month before steampunk week.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-30, 03:21 PM
Whats the point? :smalltongue:
1) Its ridiculously awesome
2) people set their avatars to the specific week they're participating in up to a month before it starts ALL the time
3) I might use this after the week is over. :smallcool:

Dogmantra
2009-05-30, 03:57 PM
But xkcd week is before!
At least use an xkcd atar!

Emperor Ing
2009-05-30, 03:59 PM
But xkcd week is before!
At least use an xkcd atar!

I will not. I've always personally seen that thing as a colossally overrated piece of crap anyway. :smallyuk:

Bisected8
2009-05-30, 04:02 PM
I will not. I've always personally seen that thing as a colossally overrated piece of crap anyway. :smallyuk:

Wow, what a well reasoned and carefully explained argument.

Dogmantra
2009-05-30, 04:05 PM

Any friendship we had anulled!

onasuma
2009-05-30, 04:43 PM
xkcd isnt the best webcomic in the world. Its pretty average to be honest. What it is is reliable and it does stand out on the internet as no one else really does a similar comic of any note i.e. one with appaling art.

So yeah, I think xkcd is fine. Its shining feature is reliablity.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-30, 04:48 PM
I always found it to be, at it's very best, :smallsigh:
at it's worst, it's :smallmad:

You don't have to chasticize me because I never found that webcomic to stimulate my funny bone.

Anyways, yeah. Skrew the other week, i'm using this avatar until I feel like taking it down. :smallcool:

MethosH
2009-05-30, 04:54 PM
You guys should really stop arguing with the Randomizer... his actions are totally random. :smalltongue:

Dogmantra
2009-05-30, 04:55 PM
Rand: you do realise I was joking, yes? I like xkcd, but not to the point of anulling friendships over it. I just joke about anulling them :smallwink:

Darkcomet
2009-05-30, 04:56 PM
...I just realized this week on my birthday.

Whee. Now I'm pretty much obliged to participate in this one.

*wonders if he will find someone to do a steampunk version of his avatar*

*looks at ion cannon*

Unlikely.

onasuma
2009-05-30, 05:03 PM
Dibs please.

xPANCAKEx
2009-05-30, 05:19 PM
how would someone draw a steampunk pancake anyway?

THATS RIGHT! IM THROWING DOWN THE GAUNTLET!

Bisected8
2009-05-30, 05:36 PM
I always found it to be, at it's very best, :smallsigh:
at it's worst, it's :smallmad:

You don't have to chasticize me because I never found that webcomic to stimulate my funny bone.

Anyways, yeah. Skrew the other week, i'm using this avatar until I feel like taking it down. :smallcool:

I'm chastising you for calling something crap without any constructive criticsm when you know a significant amout of people who like it will read your comment. At best it's sheer stupidity, at worst it's trolling.

Eldrys
2009-05-30, 05:47 PM
I like Xkcd because they make Firefly references, als o how do you make a steampunk hound archon?

Gahh, why does it keep happening quintuplet ninja.

Dogmantra
2009-05-30, 05:51 PM
Cooking on a giant cog?

Xallace
2009-05-30, 05:53 PM

Not the pancake, but the incredibly large and convoluted fantastical breakfast making device.

Darkcomet
2009-05-30, 06:16 PM
Dibs please.

If that was for mine, well...

You may want this for a better basis on the cannon.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/IonCannon.png

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-05-30, 06:27 PM
Dude, it'd be ridiculously fun and rather easy to take your Ion Cannon and convert it into a jolly good Clockwork Ionization Projector. If I had talent.

This one... I can't do on my own. I'll have to request a Fullbladder with a Steampunk Arm and clockwork rocket boots sticking out of a Victorian Era fancy-style suit or something.

Or a Steampunked Shockwave. That'd be fun.

Kris on a Stick
2009-05-30, 09:04 PM
Now, to get started on my ridiculously complicated steam-punk art. Because really, why stop with an avatar? :smallsmile:
*sobs*

Rutskarn
2009-05-30, 09:06 PM
Already begun my Meisterwork.

Well, okay, it's just very good.

Well, it will be.

Probably.

I guess.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-31, 04:07 AM
I'm chastising you for calling something crap without any constructive criticsm when you know a significant amout of people who like it will read your comment. At best it's sheer stupidity, at worst it's trolling.

*facepalm* am I not allowed to like or not like something now? :smallannoyed:

You want constructive criticism? Fine.
The comics I have read always lack a punchline. I try reading a comic, waiting for the inevitible punchline, only to be dissapointed by the comic ending, being too generalized about a person's reaction, or the ending feels strongly artificial.

Bisected8
2009-05-31, 08:21 AM

The comics I have read always lack a punchline. I try reading a comic, waiting for the inevitible punchline, only to be dissapointed by the comic ending, being too generalized about a person's reaction, or the ending feels strongly artificial.

You're allowed to like or dislike whatever you please, as long as you're polite about it.

Groundhog
2009-05-31, 08:37 AM
Time to create my mad steampunk scientist, woohoo!

Oh, and think you for giving us not-quite-as-talented avatarists (like me) ample time to make our new avvies.

Ichneumon
2009-05-31, 09:19 AM
Oh, and think you for giving us not-quite-as-talented avatarists (like me) ample time to make our new avvies.

Your welcome.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-05-31, 09:38 AM
Your welcome.

No! It's my welcome! You can't have it!

Morty
2009-05-31, 09:44 AM
Looks cool. If any artist has some spare time, I'd be grateful for a steampunk version of my avatar, which would include:
- Some vaguely mechanical contraption instead of the crossbow
- A huge wrench instead of the pickaxe
- An apron with lots of screwdrivers, wrenches and mechanical parts
- Googles
- Oil stains here and there
- Demented grin

Dirk Kris
2009-05-31, 10:03 AM
I'm up for it if someone wants to draw an avatar for me. I have exactly ZERO talent, so...yeah, I'll leave it up to the creativity of whomever wants to do it.

banjo1985
2009-05-31, 12:13 PM
I will be participating, though heck knows when I'll have any time to do an avatar for this...oh well, I'll start out with the best intentions.

Tamburlaine
2009-05-31, 12:18 PM
I'm probably going to draw the avatar myself, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to steampunkicise a big blue naked guy...

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-31, 12:40 PM
I'm probably going to draw the avatar myself, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to steampunkicise a big blue naked guy...

Cog symbol on his forehead instead of a hydrogen atom?

CurlyKitGirl
2009-05-31, 07:13 PM
Too easy sadly.
I have Curly Heterodyne.
End of.
Unless Bath has time to make a new one. Nonetheless, a Girl Genius avatar automatically wins when it comes to steampunk. I think so at least.

Dihan
2009-05-31, 07:17 PM
I may make myself a steampunk version of the OotS version of my current avatar... I'm not too knowledgeable on the genre so what are the steampunk clichés?

CurlyKitGirl
2009-05-31, 07:20 PM
Goggles, gadgets and gears.
And look at Cassie's pictures of real life steampunk stuff. Pretty cliched stuff the detail is.
I wonder if Jibar'll be around for that week, he's steampunk mad. Didn't he buy/make/covet for himself a proper pair of steampunk goggles?
I'm sure he mentioned it somewhere.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-31, 07:51 PM

You must really hate Monty Python...

Emperor Ing
2009-06-01, 04:34 AM
You must really hate Monty Python...

As much as you want that to be true...:smalltongue:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-06-01, 06:06 AM
That's IT.

I've already asked 'ruki-kun for a cyberpunk avatar.

onasuma
2009-06-01, 11:27 AM
Dude, it'd be ridiculously fun and rather easy to take your Ion Cannon and convert it into a jolly good Clockwork Ionization Projector.

That'd be why I called it.

Comet: I have a load of exams this week, but after friday, Ill get it done.

EvilDMMk3
2009-06-01, 11:56 AM
If I could have one, I would be very happy. Seeing as I am I allready a cyborg it should be a fairly similar idea really.

banjo1985
2009-06-01, 03:19 PM
I'll give my right arm to anyone who will do a Steampunk'd Elan for me :smallsmile:

...seriously, I have the cleaver and everything :smallamused:

Nevrmore
2009-06-01, 03:33 PM
Wow, what a well reasoned and carefully explained argument.
Wow, what a kneejerk, whiny reaction from a fan of the work Randomizer insulted that shows he doesn't know how to just ignore adverse but equally valid opinions that aren't being directed towards him.

Oh, sorry, was I supposed to be sarcastic, there?

Phase
2009-06-01, 09:31 PM
Hey, check it out, I made one too!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/Guanlong93/PHASE/Steamoon.png

GrlumpTheElder
2009-06-02, 05:50 AM
Well, This is mine:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/Vesterbule.png

Gourtox
2009-06-02, 05:55 AM
Well, This is mine:

Wow. That's all I have to say. Well except another Wow. Wow.

Bisected8
2009-06-02, 07:25 AM
Wow, what a kneejerk, whiny reaction from a fan of the work Randomizer insulted that shows he doesn't know how to just ignore adverse but equally valid opinions that aren't being directed towards him.

Oh, sorry, was I supposed to be sarcastic, there?

Putting "in my opinion" or "I believe" in a statement doesn't make it immune from criticism. He could easily have said "I do not personally like it" rather than "It's an over-rated piece of crap", knowing full well there were fans of the webcomic on the board. While it's a valid opinion, the manner in which it was presented is a classic case of a) Thoughtless complaining or b) Trolling.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-03, 05:02 AM
You do realize in your overblowing on an issue that should have been dealt with at least a page ago, you're doing a bit of trolling yourself? At least I had the decency to limit myself to one post. :smallsigh:

Mauve Shirt
2009-06-03, 08:19 AM
I have absolutely no idea how to steampunk my avatar, so this is me requesting one.

Eldrys
2009-06-03, 09:15 AM
are avatarists accepting requests here?

Reinholdt
2009-06-03, 09:15 AM
Oh hey. I'm already prepared for this week.
http://plaza.ufl.edu/neoseph/avatar9d120b.png
http://plaza.ufl.edu/neoseph/avatar9d120a.png
Hooray for Neoseph7. :smallcool:

Eldrys
2009-06-03, 09:20 AM
I think a steampunked hound archon would be really weird so could someone do an akk bronze mechanical grey hound, seeming alert.

EvilDMMk3
2009-06-03, 06:08 PM
Please? Anyone?

Hazkali
2009-06-03, 07:36 PM
Updated my avatar, heraldry for a Martian Expeditionary Force. Originally the bar at the bottom said "First Martian Fusiliers" as well as the date, but couldn't be read when shrunk. Which sort of clouds the meaning of it... ho hum.

GrlumpTheElder
2009-06-04, 06:36 AM
Please? Anyone?

I'll do this for you!

Cheesegear
2009-06-04, 07:01 AM
Anyone got any ideas on how I can Steampunkify Cheese that already has a cog?

...What does Steam-Powered Cheese look like?

GrlumpTheElder
2009-06-04, 08:13 AM
Here you go EvilDMMk3

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/g13167.png

And in Avatar size:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/DMMDKDNMJAHDUIASGfrmjgerytweyrjy34Q.png

EvilDMMk3
2009-06-04, 10:52 AM
Here you go EvilDMMk3

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/g13167.png

And in Avatar size:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/DMMDKDNMJAHDUIASGfrmjgerytweyrjy34Q.png

AWESOMAGE!

Klose_the_Sith
2009-06-04, 11:29 AM
I do like the idea of this week, but keep in mind that I'll change to this avatar and probably not change back. Current intention is to keep mutating the marine until we achieve an unholy union of the nth degree.

So, yeah ...

Any takers? :smallwink:

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-04, 02:21 PM
Does anyone think they can make a steampunk avvie based on my current one?

I'm thinking maybe he could have a typewriter and sport a more radical hairstyle, and a monocle! I want a monocle! :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-06-04, 04:55 PM
Well, I've made mine:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/CleonSteampunk.png

Headless_Ninja
2009-06-05, 02:26 PM
I would love, love, love to be a part of this. What a brilliant idea! Steampunk for the win. If any avatar artist would be so kind as to steampunk-ise my avi (or not; while lovely, it may be difficult to distinctively steampunk-ise and I'm sure Bisected8 wouldn't mind my having a completely unrelated one for a week, if that's easier) I would be so, so grateful. But if not, I'd still love to have a Steampunk-themed chat.
Incidentally, is there any chance we could have a different thread for the XKCD-yay/XKCD-nay conversation? It does seem to be invoking some rather impassioned responses that may be better played out in their own environment.

The Bushranger
2009-06-05, 03:02 PM
Hmm.

Can anybody make a steampunk'd BR?
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7603/103il1.png
^Doc Bath's excellent, normal, rendition

Nevrmore
2009-06-05, 03:23 PM
Putting "in my opinion" or "I believe" in a statement doesn't make it immune from criticism. He could easily have said "I do not personally like it" rather than "It's an over-rated piece of crap", knowing full well there were fans of the webcomic on the board. While it's a valid opinion, the manner in which it was presented is a classic case of a) Thoughtless complaining or b) Trolling.
God, people are so quick to yell "Troll!" nowadays when anybody presents a disagreeable opinion in anything other than "Well, sir, I don't mean to tread on your completely logical beliefs, but..."

Of course it's opinion when he says it's an over-rated piece of crap. He didn't bust out charts and graphs to prove it as scientific fact. Face it, you're overreacting to a harmless proclomation of his feelings on a subject as if it were a personal insult towards you, which makes you look like the troll.

Pyrian
2009-06-05, 03:54 PM
God, people are so quick to yell "Troll!" nowadays...
...which makes you look like the troll.Apparently so! :smallbiggrin:

Keris
2009-06-05, 04:01 PM
God, people are so quick to yell "Troll!" nowadays when anybody presents a disagreeable opinion in anything other than "Well, sir, I don't mean to tread on your completely logical beliefs, but..."

Of course it's opinion when he says it's an over-rated piece of crap. He didn't bust out charts and graphs to prove it as scientific fact. Face it, you're overreacting to a harmless proclomation of his feelings on a subject as if it were a personal insult towards you, which makes you look like the troll.

Your argument is illogical. You claim that people are quick to accuse others on trolling, and then go on to argue that it is his opinion. Bisected's last post stated that was a valid opinion, but the manner of presentation was trolling. You seem to have accepted this, but continue your argument, closing by accusing Bisected of trolling. Your behaviour seems to be deliberately antagonistic, and bordering on outright trolling yourself.

Randomizer's post could well be trolling. This is a board which Randomizer is fully aware is fond of xkcd, the upcoming avatar week being evidence of this. Randomizer then posted his opinion that is was a "colossally overrated piece of crap", which could be seen to be primarily to incite angry responses. That would be trolling.

Of course, whether it is trolling or not is for a moderator to decide, not us. And discussion of xkcd is off topic for this thread, so let's just stick to talking about the steampunk week.

Does anyone think they can make a steampunk avvie based on my current one?

I'm thinking maybe he could have a typewriter and sport a more radical hairstyle, and a monocle! I want a monocle! :smalltongue:

I would love, love, love to be a part of this. What a brilliant idea! Steampunk for the win. If any avatar artist would be so kind as to steampunk-ise my avi (or not; while lovely, it may be difficult to distinctively steampunk-ise and I'm sure Bisected8 wouldn't mind my having a completely unrelated one for a week, if that's easier) I would be so, so grateful. But if not, I'd still love to have a Steampunk-themed chat.
Incidentally, is there any chance we could have a different thread for the XKCD-yay/XKCD-nay conversation? It does seem to be invoking some rather impassioned responses that may be better played out in their own environment.

I'll give these ones a go, but if anyone else wants to try them, go ahead.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-05, 04:04 PM
:facepalm: Holy crap Keris, is all you do go around threads and find someone to argue against? :smallbiggrin:

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-05, 04:07 PM
I'll give these ones a go, but if anyone else wants to try them, go ahead.

You have my appreciation and thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Headless_Ninja
2009-06-05, 04:14 PM
And mine. Thanks!

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 02:01 PM
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/skimmer21/steampunk-avi2.png
I'll probably keep it for now

Thoughts?

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 07:29 PM
I've been thinking about it for a bit, and then it hit me.

Critique: It doesn't look very steampunkey.

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 07:51 PM
I've been thinking about it for a bit, and then it hit me.

Critique: It doesn't look very steampunkey.

That's possible as I'm not sure how steampunk crow-like clockwerk should look without redundant amount of cogwheels on it, I mean, it's supposed to fly somehow.....the wings are drawn as elbow blades on purpose though....

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 07:58 PM
That's possible as I'm not sure how steampunk crow-like clockwerk should look without redundant amount of cogwheels on it, I mean, it's supposed to fly somehow.....the wings are drawn as blades on purpose though....

It's not the wings, it's well...everything. It seems too sleek to me.
And you don't have to have COG wheels, some good Steampunk accessories include:
A Furnace (keep in mind they aren't small)
Pipes
Whistles
Cog wheels (:smalltongue:)
Bolts
Pistons
Gauges

Neko Toast
2009-06-06, 10:28 PM
Got my own avi up now.

200x200
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/Pathae/DracoSteamreg.png

120x120
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/Pathae/DracoSteamsmall.png

I really wanted to add on the fangs, mostly cuz she's a werewolf, and therefore has them. I like how this one turned out, but the avi size doesn't work so well. It's harder to see the detail work put into it.

Mr. Mud
2009-06-06, 10:31 PM
How could I steam punk my football player... I ahve some ideas but I want to be different! Different but unifrom. Discuss! :smalltongue:.

Like my jersey could be chain and the number could be some wahcky runes or something. Explosive ones.

Recaiden
2009-06-06, 11:27 PM
How could I steam punk my football player... I ahve some ideas but I want to be different! Different but unifrom. Discuss! :smalltongue:.

Like my jersey could be chain and the number could be some wahcky runes or something. Explosive ones.

Needs goggles and steam.

celtois
2009-06-07, 01:06 PM
I'm getting really lazy so I figured rather then making a standard avatar I'll do something like this

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/celtois/Ooops-1.png

Szilard
2009-06-07, 01:14 PM
My current attempt:
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/steampunkorc.png
Any critique, or should I go to the Rate the Avatar thread?

@^: I just saw your post after I posted this. The idea is so similar to my avatar. Conspiracy.:smalltongue:

Crimmy
2009-06-07, 03:06 PM
Okay, I have already made a steampunk for meself, but...
As usual, I like to have something to choose from.

So, could anyone try and make a Mechamancer, steampunk style?

Also, the only thing that's really necessary is that it has a crimson theme to it.

Please?
Will anybody be kind enough to help this young Crimson?

SinisterPenguin
2009-06-07, 09:29 PM
I finally got some ideas.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/steampunksp.png

Any thoughts?

Szilard
2009-06-07, 09:33 PM
Looks good, though maybe you should have kept the top hat. :smalltongue:

OverdrivePrime
2009-06-08, 01:11 AM
I love the idea of Steampunk week, but I'm having trouble trying to brew up a Steampunk look for my avatar. Greatsword & Dragonscale armor translates into what? A generic bladed wrench and a suit of cogs? Not very original.

Any suggestions?

Recaiden
2009-06-08, 01:22 AM
A monocle, a scale patterned dark colored vest, a complex assemblage of pistons and gears with a blade as the weapon.

OverdrivePrime
2009-06-08, 01:36 AM
A monocle, a scale patterned dark colored vest, a complex assemblage of pistons and gears with a blade as the weapon. Hmm... that's a cool idea. I've always wanted to randomly wear a monocle. And if I had the gearblade hooked up to a backpack... Interesting! :smallamused:

Nevrmore
2009-06-08, 03:54 AM
Apparently so! :smallbiggrin:
Shot myself in the foot with that one, didn't I?

Your argument is illogical. You claim that people are quick to accuse others on trolling, and then go on to argue that it is his opinion. Bisected's last post stated that was a valid opinion, but the manner of presentation was trolling. You seem to have accepted this, but continue your argument, closing by accusing Bisected of trolling. Your behaviour seems to be deliberately antagonistic, and bordering on outright trolling yourself.
Contradictions in the opening and closing of my post aside, the point of the post was to say that it doesn't matter if Bisected relents that it's Randomizer's opinion and only his "presentation" was wrong, the fact that he blew things so out of porportion in the first place is the problem. Revealing that it's a valid opinion is a moot point.

Randomizer's post could well be trolling. This is a board which Randomizer is fully aware is fond of xkcd, the upcoming avatar week being evidence of this.
Speculation doesn't justify unwarranted action.

Randomizer then posted his opinion that is was a "colossally overrated piece of crap", which could be seen to be primarily to incite angry responses. That would be trolling.
No way, really? That's what trolling is?

Yeah, don't talk down to me. I know what Bisected's motivation for getting all bent out of shape was, but he still got bent out of shape.

Of course, whether it is trolling or not is for a moderator to decide, not us. And discussion of xkcd is off topic for this thread, so let's just stick to talking about the steampunk week.
No.

GrlumpTheElder
2009-06-08, 12:44 PM
I've made myself a bannar for my Sign ature to Celebrate Steampunk Week!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/Group.png

EvilDMMk3
2009-06-08, 04:04 PM
AWESOMEAGE!

Are they playing Deathrays and Destruction?

Gourtox
2009-06-08, 04:08 PM

Awesome. I have a question though. Are those just avatars you've made yourself or from various artists?

Emperor Ing
2009-06-08, 04:09 PM
FYI, your banner dimensions are off. I think its 400-something by 128.

GrlumpTheElder
2009-06-08, 04:39 PM
Awesome. I have a question though. Are those just avatars you've made yourself or from various artists?

All made by me for other people...

FYI, your banner dimensions are off. I think its 400-something by 128.

Noted, I'll sort this when I get a chance.

Icewalker
2009-06-09, 01:18 AM
I would like to request not a steampunk version of my current avatar, but an avatar of a steampunk character of mine.

Kairos, engineer of Three Bullet Sign. Somewhat pale, young, short white hair. Heavy bronze goggles, one eye is a solid bronze plate riveted in place, the other is a darkly tinted lens.

Clothing can be anything steampunkish that is rather casual, perhaps a vest, plus a belt/sash across his chest covered in tools, and several additional screwdrivers around his waist and one in hand. Grease/oil stains likely as well.

The Bushranger
2009-06-09, 02:30 AM
Hmm.

Can anybody make a steampunk'd BR?
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7603/103il1.png
^Doc Bath's excellent, normal, rendition

Anyone? :smallconfused:

Klose_the_Sith
2009-06-09, 04:11 AM
My poor, crushed, steampunk baby dreams.

(Hint hint hint)

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-09, 04:17 AM

Hey! I see me! In the corner! With a monocle!

Serpentine
2009-06-09, 07:39 AM
So...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/SerpentineSteampunk.gif

Larger:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/SerpentineSteampunkLg.gif

Thoughts?

OverdrivePrime
2009-06-09, 07:55 AM
So...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/SerpentineSteampunk.gif

Larger:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/SerpentineSteampunkLg.gif

Thoughts?
In the 120px sized one, your internal gears are too small and lose detail, and so it just looks like you're bleeding horseradish and honey. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I don't know that you're going for that concept. Aside from that, it's absolutely FLIPPIN' AWESOME. :smalleek:

Serpentine
2009-06-09, 07:59 AM
"Bleeding horseradish and honey."
This image appeals to me for some reason :smallconfused:
Thanks.

GrlumpTheElder
2009-06-09, 11:18 AM
Here's an updated banner

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/RSteam233885.png

If your avatar appears in it and you want to, you can use this.

Crimmy
2009-06-09, 05:27 PM
So...

Larger:

Thoughts?

It appeals to me because you made her sex-ay.
The corset is made of win, and it also gives a nice, lovely victorian touch to Serpie.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-10, 04:02 PM
Here's an updated banner

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/RSteam233885.png

If your avatar appears in it and you want to, you can use this.

As I said before, WAAAY too big.

Darkcomet
2009-06-10, 10:35 PM
Here's mine (by Onasuma):

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/pal153/cometsmall.png

Bigger version:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/pal153/cometlarge.png

Serpentine
2009-06-10, 10:40 PM
As I said before, WAAAY too big.I think it's okay for spoilering in your sig, just not for having it hanging out there.
Thanks Crimmy :smallsmile:

billtodamax
2009-06-10, 10:41 PM
Someone willing to steampunk my mime? Nice one DC.

Quincunx
2009-06-13, 07:08 AM
<@lilValdar> that would probably be an unwise thing to say at a steampunk wedding, on account of your ladie's corset being pressurized sufficiently to drive 3 feet of titanium whalebone through you
<@lilValdar> and your would-be father in law is on an airship right then. . .and you dont know what else he has up there with him
<@lilValdar> (hint: it might be spiky)
<@lilValdar> (and launchable)
<@Zadown> almost everything is launchable once yer high enough
<@Zadown> as long as ye want to launch it downwards
. . .
<@Tzimfemme> would it have those little flaring bits over the hips loaded with poison darts?
<@lilValdar> a corset _is_ a weapon, all you need is to take a deep breath xD
<@Zadown> I always thought it was the eyes that shot darts - looks-that-can-kill and all that ;)
<@Yar-No> yeah corsets are weapons of mass distraction!
<@Yar-No> The heaving bust of a comely lady, with silk white skin and..
<@Tzimfemme> . . .an atomizer loaded with blindness powder tucked into the cleavage, activated by attempting to take a deep breath?
. . .

I can work with this. Oh yes indeedy.

The Bushranger
2009-06-13, 11:11 AM
<@Zadown> almost everything is launchable once yer high enough
<@Zadown> as long as ye want to launch it downwards

Rule 11, I believe, applies.
Everything is air-droppable at least once.
:smallamused:

Thufir
2009-06-13, 05:14 PM
OK, while a steampunk version of my current avatar would be interesting, that's not what I want.

What I want is, essentially, a head-shot of me, only with a view through where my forehead should be revealing my brain to be made of clockwork.
For reference, I look like this: http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/Razor-Sharp_H7/2008_05290001.jpg

Any takers?

Moff Chumley
2009-06-13, 07:31 PM
I'm in. I'm thinking googles, Victorian, backpack-generator powered guitar, and gold a modular synth in the background. Those things look steampunk without any help. =D

LordSintax
2009-06-14, 04:53 PM
I'm in. Partially because I forgot XKCD-itar week, and also because I do enjoy me some steampunk, Bruce Sterling specifically. Although how I'm gonna steampunkize my avvy is beyond me.

Icewalker
2009-06-14, 05:37 PM
:smallfrown:

Repost of a sufficient number I've lost count.

I would like to request not a steampunk version of my current avatar, but an avatar of a steampunk character of mine.

Kairos, engineer of Three Bullet Sign. Somewhat pale, young, short white hair. Heavy bronze goggles, one eye is a solid bronze plate riveted in place, the other is a darkly tinted lens.

Clothing can be anything steampunkish that is rather casual, perhaps a vest, plus a belt/sash across his chest covered in tools, and several additional screwdrivers around his waist and one in hand. Grease/oil stains likely as well.

Elrond
2009-06-15, 03:48 AM
Yay I made one
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/Elfunzo/SteamPunkElrond.gif

Thoughts comments?:smallsmile:

I'm in. I'm thinking googles, Victorian, backpack-generator powered guitar, and gold a modular synth in the background. Those things look steampunk without any help. =D
Ill do this if you like:smallsmile:

Coplantor
2009-06-17, 01:48 PM
Behold! For now I can fly!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/Coplantor/cop-steampunk.gif

Crimmy
2009-06-17, 01:57 PM
Coplantor, you rock my socks.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-17, 02:02 PM
Yay I made one
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/Elfunzo/SteamPunkElrond.gif

Waaaaaay too colorful IMO.

Trizap
2009-06-17, 02:15 PM
I do like the idea of this week, but keep in mind that I'll change to this avatar and probably not change back. Current intention is to keep mutating the marine until we achieve an unholy union of the nth degree.

So, yeah ...

Any takers? :smallwink:

you called? I'm good with OOTS art.

Roland St. Jude
2009-06-17, 02:51 PM
I'd love to join in. My thought would be to change the back garb to a rich brown and replace the six-shooter with a chaingun (chain gun arm?). Alas, I have no drawing skills, so anyone willing to help out would be appreciated.

The Bushranger
2009-06-17, 02:53 PM
Well, if nobody makes a steampunk'd BR :smallfrown:, I have this...

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0906/d17/1454/4e71188.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/28025260)

Emperor Ing
2009-06-17, 02:55 PM
I'd love to join in. My thought would be to change the back garb to a rich brown and replace the six-shooter with a chaingun (chain gun arm?). Alas, I have no drawing skills, so anyone willing to help out would be appreciated.

I'll accept this commission. ETA 1 to 2 days.

Neko Toast
2009-06-17, 02:56 PM

Guess I should have checked here before posting in the xkcd thread.

I'm on it.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-17, 02:59 PM
Guess I should have checked here before posting in the xkcd thread.

I'm on it.

:smallconfused: Guess I have another competition

Neko Toast
2009-06-17, 03:10 PM
:smallconfused: Guess I have another competition

You're on. :smallamused:

I suppose it isn't a big deal. I think Roland will be cool about it and use both somehow.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-17, 03:53 PM
Roland, due to motivation from competition, I got it done way way way way WAY ahead of schedule. :smalltongue:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/roland-1.png

edit: missing hand :P

Questions? Comments? Critique?

Neko Toast
2009-06-17, 04:00 PM

Okay, maybe I'm not on it after all. :smalleek: That was fast, man.

Xsesiv
2009-06-17, 04:18 PM
My Steampunk Avatar:

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp203/Xplosiv_bucket/avvypunk.png

Thoughts? (Be kind, I'm new to avatarring ;).)

Avatarring? Is that a word? It should be.

Roland St. Jude
2009-06-17, 04:20 PM
I'll accept this commission. ETA 1 to 2 days.

That looks great! The hat seems very steampunkish, and I like the barrel-forward view of the chaingun. Very nice.

You're on. :smallamused:

I suppose it isn't a big deal. I think Roland will be cool about it and use both somehow.

I usually try to "wear" all the cool avatars people make me (even the ones from the Draw Roland Iron Avatar "competition" from April Fools Day.) :smallsmile:

Alarra
2009-06-17, 05:43 PM
I may have overdetailed this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/avatars/steampunka.gif

Dirk Kris
2009-06-17, 05:49 PM
Nonsense. I think she looks positively maaaaaaaaah-velous.

billtodamax
2009-06-17, 08:41 PM
Someone willing to steampunk my mime? Nice one DC.

Anyone? More Victorian would be good, don't necessarily need cogwheels.

Alarra
2009-06-17, 09:41 PM
Anyone? More Victorian would be good, don't necessarily need cogwheels.

I could do this.

billtodamax
2009-06-17, 09:44 PM
Thanks Alarra. It'd be much appreciated.

The Bushranger
2009-06-17, 09:47 PM
*once more asks for a steampunk BR*

Coplantor
2009-06-17, 10:42 PM
*once more asks for a steampunk BR*

Sigh... I ussually dont make avatars for other people, but if you tell me exactly what you want, maybe I can make you one.

golfmade
2009-06-17, 10:59 PM
I enjoy playing the tabletop game Warmachine, if someone could sketch up a gobber for me with a big wrench and goggles that'd be cool, thanks.

The Bushranger
2009-06-17, 11:07 PM
@Coplantor - ^_^

Something like this:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/ghostranger.png
...except steampunk-ified. Exactly how is up to your imagination. :smallwink:

Coplantor
2009-06-17, 11:21 PM
OK, I'll see what I can do.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-06-17, 11:58 PM
Are we supposed to post our Steampunk avatars made for us by other people here to show everyone beforehand? 'Cause, that kinda makes sense, as it's free bragging/advertising.

So, um, I present a Djinn in Tonic production.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Djinn_in_Tonic/SteampunkFullbladderAvatar.png

I can fly.

Alarra
2009-06-18, 01:54 AM
Bill-
How's this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp/billtodamaxsteampunk.gif

billtodamax
2009-06-18, 01:59 AM
Thanks Alarra! I'll change it when the week starts. It looks great.

Dihan
2009-06-18, 11:18 AM
Here's mine - it's a lot nicer when it's big.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/Cymru_Lad/icegenasisteam120.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/Cymru_Lad/icegenasisteambig.png

petersohn
2009-06-19, 04:12 AM
Here is my Steampunk avatar.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5205/cowboysteam.png
Big version:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3319/cowboysteambig.png

Coplantor
2009-06-19, 10:53 AM
Joining the steampunk sky armada...

The Bushranger!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/Coplantor/BRSTPW.gif

The Bushranger
2009-06-19, 03:53 PM
Joining the steampunk sky armada...

The Bushranger!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/Coplantor/BRSTPW.gif

Awesome.
:smallbiggrin:
A hundred thousand thanks!

Quincunx
2009-06-19, 04:01 PM
:smallfrown:

Repost of a sufficient number I've lost count.

I'm not sure where the quiff and the lapels came from, myself.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/voltmancer.png

J.B. Ganning
2009-06-20, 05:23 AM
Since this seems common enough, I'm going to assume there have been several of these 'weeks' and ask "Has there ever been a Dilbert Week?"

I would suspect there was what with all the proud geeks and nerds on this forum. I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't.

Pocketa
2009-06-21, 05:41 PM
Can I just use a regular image like this:

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/059/a/c/Steampunk_Gun_v_2_Pt__1_by_300pockets.jpg

(it's my steampunk gun, fully-functional light gun, works with a PC, for videogames, made by me, owned by me, no credit to anyone else but moi)

As my avatar?

Or must it be drawn?

Mauve Shirt
2009-06-21, 05:47 PM
Of course you can use a picture.
Also, that's freakin' sweet! :smallbiggrin:

Generic Archer
2009-06-21, 10:10 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/364/genericsteampunk.png

Done, archer with hydraulic steam powered repeating crossbow, trench coat, amethyst monocle and sapphire goggles

EvilDMMk3
2009-06-22, 05:28 AM
Since this seems common enough, I'm going to assume there have been several of these 'weeks' and ask "Has there ever been a Dilbert Week?"

That would be very fun

SeptAngel
2009-06-22, 09:29 PM
I was told to post here for a request as well.

If anyone has time I wouldn't mind a steampunk avatar of Mercedes(giatar in my spoiler). I was told she would probably look the best done that way. Anyway, it would be my first player-made avatar and not just a giatar that I cheat with. :smallsmile:

Coplantor
2009-06-22, 09:35 PM
I think I can make your avatar, it'll be done before friday, probably.

SeptAngel
2009-06-22, 09:41 PM
*glomple-huggles* Thanks!

SDF
2009-06-23, 12:56 AM
He has a steam powered flying kiteboard.... >_> YEY!

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2201/steamkid.png

Quincunx
2009-06-23, 03:49 AM
(sings!) Great big gobs of greasy grimy gobbie guts, mutilated gobbie meat, stinky slimy gobbie feet! Zombie go bonk that gobbie on the head! Wow it says 'ow' an' sounds a lot like a guildie waitaminute (whips out a gnomish army knife) (unfolds it to the pie-crust-unpeeler) (peel peel peel the gobbie skin) That IS my guildie, silly, whatcha doin' slinking around as a yucky gobbie, wanna go kill stuff? Zombie quit bonkin' that gobbie on the head!

LordSintax
2009-06-24, 11:24 AM
My first attempt at a steampunking of my avvy. Let me know what you guys think.

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/LordSintax/rect3329.png

I don't think the chainsaw dagger's teeth came out quite the way I wanted them to.

also, that thing came out freaking massive. Does anybody remember the max size for avvies on these boards?

Fostire
2009-06-24, 11:26 AM
also, that thing came out freaking massive. Does anybody remember the max size for avvies on these boards?

120px x 120px

Arokh
2009-06-24, 12:18 PM
We decided to create something new for this week (and probably beyond.)

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/616/arokhgunmage.png

Bigger:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/384/arokhgunmageg.png
Does the playground approve?

So Long, Arokh.

The Witch-King
2009-06-24, 11:10 PM
I would LOVE for some generous artist to steampunkify my avatar!

I was thinking of my necromancer standing in the center with a steam-driven chainsaw scythe and on either side of him, black-robed skeletons with steampunk chainguns and green targeting monocles.

Recaiden
2009-06-25, 12:10 AM
Fixed mine:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/CleonSteampunk-2.png

@Dihan: That's amazing.

Dogmantra
2009-06-25, 01:11 AM
Stop being so good at avataring, Recaiden! You're making me look bad!

Crimmy
2009-06-25, 08:38 AM
Stop being so good at avataring, Recaiden! You're making me look bad!

It's Inkscape.

You know you wanna sell your soul to the Devil... hehehe:smallamused:

Xallace
2009-06-25, 09:43 AM
He has a steam powered flying kiteboard.... >_> YEY!

That's actually really awesome.

So, I haven't been keeping up with any of the topics. Are we doing anything special for Steampunk week aside from our avatars? I was going to try and brew up a good amount of steampunk materials for the 4E folks (don't look at me like that, there's plenty of steampunk 3E; I own 3 books of it!), maybe hold a contest or something... I dunno, was anything in the works?

LordSintax
2009-06-25, 11:04 AM
ho-kay. after much weeping and gnashing of teeth, I present steampunkitar part 2: this time, it's not even remotely personal.

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/LordSintax/rect3334.png

Recaiden
2009-06-25, 11:12 AM
It's Inkscape.

No souls required; it's free.
And I'm sticking with that one, because a steampunk of this one would just be wrong.

Dogmantra
2009-06-25, 11:37 AM
It's Inkscape.

I refuse! Paint forever!
Hail Paint! Hail Paint!

One of these days I may have to download Inkscape... because the only reason I even use paint is because I thought I'd only be making one avatar...

Crimmy
2009-06-25, 11:38 AM
You know it...
Luke, come over to the Dark Sid-- sorry, got a little carried away.

Dogmantra
2009-06-25, 02:09 PM
I caved, Crimmy...

My new steampunk avvie:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/steampunk.png

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-25, 04:10 PM
But... It still has a lightsaber. You need it to have a STEAMsaber.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-06-25, 04:11 PM
I refuse! Paint forever!
Hail Paint! Hail Paint!

One of these days I may have to download Inkscape... because the only reason I even use paint is because I thought I'd only be making one avatar...
Even I use Inkscape.
<--------
Also ^

Emperor Ing
2009-06-25, 04:13 PM

What I did was I just make it look like a metal tube that was heated until it was glowing hot. :smalltongue:

Kopaka
2009-06-25, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure if I'll have time to do this (finally got on the site for first time in ages), so would someone mind making me a steampunk avatar? Making one of the avi below would probably be easier (and more fun):
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww354/carped20/OOTSKopaka.png

Zeb The Troll
2009-06-26, 12:37 AM
Alarra made me a steamed punk too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp/steamzeb.gif

Dogmantra
2009-06-26, 01:06 AM

I kind of forgot about that... The Paint Version had a Light Rapier...

Rutskarn
2009-06-26, 01:08 AM
So.

It's everything I ever dreamed of.

(Sheds tear)

Alleine
2009-06-26, 01:45 AM
Does anyone wanna steampunk me?

I'm thinking a skittle-producing steampunk throne + a victorian style suit with monocle and top hat, maybe even an pocketwatch although I doubt it would be noticeable.

Please? *puppy dog eyes*

EDIT:
Oh, the majesty of the steam-skarn! It.. its beautiful yet terrifying!

Cheesegear
2009-06-26, 02:40 AM
I still can't think of how to Steampunkify an Avatar that already has a Gear in it.

Icewalker
2009-06-26, 03:34 AM
Make the cheese bronze? I think it's less an issue of 'what can I do more' and more of a 'I don't need to change much' kind of deal.

J.B. Ganning
2009-06-26, 03:41 AM
I still can't think of how to Steampunkify an Avatar that already has a Gear in it.

Steampunk has always been about needless accessories. You could add more gears, make the cheese metal/bronze, add bolts to the cheese, have a cheesework robot, etc.

billtodamax
2009-06-26, 03:49 AM
Woo! New Avatar!

banjo1985
2009-06-26, 07:11 AM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8269/steampunkelan.png

I'm struggling, I don't think this looks right, too bright and clean. Too small as well. :smallfrown:

EDIT: Ah hang on, I think I've worked out something better:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8269/steampunkelan.png

Crimmy
2009-06-26, 09:32 AM
Banjo, Rutskarn, Zeb.

Your avvies are the best steampunk'd I've ever seen.

Coplantor
2009-06-26, 10:27 AM
Well Sept, here is yours. Hope you enjoy it, I might fix some details tonight and post it again.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/Coplantor/avatarkalie.gif

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-26, 10:46 AM
Steampunk is win, by all accounts.

Rutskarn
2009-06-26, 12:22 PM

Are you kidding me? Give the cheese a top hat and a monocle!

GrlumpTheElder
2009-06-26, 01:54 PM
I'm all set for Steampunk week with my avatar

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/HerrSteamGrlump.png

I'm anoyed that in avatar size you can't get the detail clear enough.

Here is a larger version:

The Bushranger
2009-06-26, 02:52 PM
Well Sept, here is yours. Hope you enjoy it, I might fix some details tonight and post it again.

*boggles*

WOAH.

SeptAngel
2009-06-26, 03:38 PM

Awesome thanks!

Zocelot
2009-06-26, 03:52 PM
I've had the privilege of having Mortugg do my steampunk avatar. He also made my current avatar. I'm very impressed and will have a hard time deciding whether or not to use this as my full time avatar.

Kopaka
2009-06-26, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure if I'll have time to do this (finally got on the site for first time in ages), so would someone mind making me a steampunk avatar? Making one of the avi below would probably be easier (and more fun):
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww354/carped20/OOTSKopaka.png

Repostness...

lindorm
2009-06-26, 04:59 PM
Steampunk avvie it is then...

http://img2.pict.com/0b/87/94/961746/0/path3679.png

Quincunx
2009-06-26, 05:00 PM
I caved, Crimmy...

My new steampunk avvie:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/steampunk.png

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't succumb! . . .actually it's a quite nice avatar.

Dogmantra
2009-06-26, 05:02 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't succumb! . . .actually it's a quite nice avatar.

I couldn't help myself... I didn't want to like Inkscape, but it's just so much quicker and cleaner than Paint... Thanks for the compliment, too :smallwink:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-06-26, 05:13 PM
Hey, Thanatos, why don't you show off the Steam/Cyberpunkatar here?

Okay.

<-----------

GolemsVoice
2009-06-27, 06:29 AM
Changed mine, too!

Emperor Ing
2009-06-27, 06:37 AM
mines been changed since May I believe :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2009-06-27, 06:54 AM
Oh... alright then.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2009-06-27, 07:38 AM
I've had mine for ages. I think I'll go back to Anglo-Saxon after the 5th.

Dogmantra
2009-06-27, 08:32 AM
I thought that I might as well put mine up now.

Huzzah!

Morty
2009-06-27, 09:52 AM
Well, I put my steampunk avatar on. Fear it!

Yarram
2009-06-28, 12:12 AM
Steampunking is fun. I think I could to more though.

EDIT: I have.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-28, 01:36 PM
Only a few more hours to go...

Might as well get changed now.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-28, 09:00 PM
happy steampunk avatar week everyone!

Hah, three hours late and I'm still the first. Win!

Kris on a Stick
2009-06-28, 09:04 PM
Well, there are those little things called 'timezones'...

On another note, it's been steampunk week for 9 hours here, and I still haven't made my avatar. Damn you EaW!!!!
*goes off to play EaW*
Go Rebels!

Fostire
2009-06-28, 09:49 PM
It's a few minutes early here, but I put on mine.