PDA

View Full Version : weird foods

xPANCAKEx
2009-05-30, 02:36 AM
so we all have our odd eating habits. I don't mean quaint as in "i only like my tea when it is stired counter clockwise" or picky things like that... i mean food that on paper look horrible, but turn out to be a tasty treat

i'll start things off with 2 sandwiches
all of these are made with vegan substitues, but im sure they taste just as good with '

*Cream cheese, peanut butter and picallily sandwiches
cream cheese on one slice of the bread, peanut butter with the picalilly on top of it. Put the two pieces together. Slice if neccessary. Eat.

*Faux-Bacon, Fried Pinapple Slice and Mayonaise sandwich
used baguette on this one
fried 2 rashers of faux-bacon and 2 thin slices of pinapple in the same pan
pineapple between the 2 pieces of bacon
add mayo
eat

Alleine
2009-05-30, 02:49 AM
Peanut butter pickle toast.

Take a pickle, slice it to a desired thickness, take toast and apply peanut butter. Lay the pickle on top of it.

Most people I talk to say it sounds horrid. I don't even like pickle and I think its good. The trick is to get the right balance between the amount of pickle and peanut butter.

Serpentine
2009-05-30, 03:01 AM
Microwaved Weetbix with brown sugar.
Put two (or whatever) weetbix in a bowl, cover liberally with milk. Microwave for a minute. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Yum =d

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-30, 03:10 AM
@ Serp: That sounds delicious.

I don't really have any 'disgusting sounding foods that are actually delicious', me being the unadventurous sort when it comes to food, but a strange, personal personal one would be sauerkraut.
Because, really. It's:
A) Pickled, which is yucky, and
B) Cabbage, which is yucky,
but put them together and you get something that somehow manages to be incredibly delicious. The nerve. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-05-30, 04:36 AM
Well, I don’t really think any food is weird. Mainly because it’s really just about opinion and how you’re bought up. For example, in most western countries people would find eating cat weird and drinking milk perfectly fine, however if you go to China it’s the exact opposite. :smalltongue:

Anyway, I eat Pancakes with Humus, and Eggy-bread with Humus.
I also eat egg… Why is this weird? YAY CHICKEN PERIOD! :smallbiggrin:

Bouregard
2009-05-30, 06:27 AM
Black pudding with mustard. Mhmmmm delicious...

onasuma
2009-05-30, 06:43 AM
I feel ablidged to link this: http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_6-most-terrifying-foods-in-world.html

Anuan
2009-05-30, 07:34 AM
Ahem.
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wUJg5hTrIU&feature=PlayList&p=ECEE3920752FAF2B&index=0&playnext=1) :smallbiggrin:
Clicky.

GrlumpTheElder
2009-05-30, 08:17 AM
Chips and Custard,

Simple, effective and delicious!

Anuan
2009-05-30, 09:05 AM
Assuming you mean hot chips, not like, crisps? I tried that when I was a kid just randomly, wasn't bad but I wouldnt bother doing it again.

GrlumpTheElder
2009-05-30, 09:21 AM
Well actually, cheese and onion crisps and custard is quite a nice combo to.

Nameless
2009-05-30, 09:28 AM
Hmm... Who's idea was it to squeeze a cows nipple and drink the liquid that squirts out? :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

Spiryt
2009-05-30, 09:36 AM
Hmm... Who's idea was it to squeeze a cows nipple and drink the liquid that squirts out? :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

Some guy who have seen cow with calf and mother with child and then thought " Hell, why not?".

Linkavitch
2009-05-30, 01:27 PM
I feel ablidged to link this: http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_6-most-terrifying-foods-in-world.html

Oh, my word... that's the most disgusting thing I've ever clicked on...

*soaks brain in acid, then breifly contemplates eating it#*

#Hey, it's not as gross as some of the things on that list.

Rutskarn
2009-05-30, 01:52 PM
Vanilla Ice Cream, Fried Chicken.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-30, 06:31 PM
Candy sandwhich:

reeces, kit kat, twix bar, and any other chocolate candy bar you desire placed between two hersey bars.

PURE AWESOME!!!

golentan
2009-05-30, 07:33 PM
Fried Banana sandwich.

1. Take 2 bananas, slice them in half lengthwise.
2. Pan fry in cooking oil or butter according to taste.
3. Take bread, slather it with mayonnaise, and place hot fried bananas between.
3a. (Optional) include chili or sloppy joes as a condiment, but only ever in moderation. If using this variant, DO NOT USE MAYONNAISE!
4. Enjoy to the horrified looks of your friends.

It doesn't taste sweet at all, and it's delicious.

rankrath
2009-05-30, 09:13 PM
Double stack Luther burger. (For those who don't know, luther burgers are bacon cheeseburgers that use a glazed donut as a bun).

Rutskarn
2009-05-30, 09:14 PM
Double stack Luther burger. (For those who don't know, luther burgers are bacon cheeseburgers that use a glazed donut as a bun).

Looking at those makes me nauseous.

Its inventor, no doubt, had his family murdered by a healthy cardiac system, and tearfully swore revenge.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-30, 10:45 PM
They have something similar to Balut in my hometown, except it's a chicken egg as opposed to a duck egg, and said chick isn't quite so developed (basically a regular egg with a half-developed chick instead of a yolk). It's quite delicious, actually, as long as you close your eyes while eating it.

Innis Cabal
2009-05-30, 10:49 PM

Thats.....thats....awful.

Aystra
2009-05-30, 10:59 PM
Half of these recipes sound delicious and the other half.....I'm not quite sure.

Fostire
2009-05-30, 11:18 PM
I personally have never tasted it but down here, in the rural areas, it is common to eat the calves' (and other farm animals') testicles.

Ravens_cry
2009-05-30, 11:34 PM
That sounds good actually. Though if I want some sweetness in my beef burger, i'll just add some jam, generally raspberry or blackberry.
I found that chedder cheese, peanut butter, raw onion, a dab of miracle whip and sriracha sauce on whole grain bagels are quite delicious when those became practically the only things left I had that were edible.

HPsauce
2009-05-31, 04:11 AM
What about fish, icecream and crisps.
yum yum:smallyuk:
havent tried it myself and by the sound of it don't want to either

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-31, 04:13 AM
Neil Arksey likes his fish covered in chocolate.

Coidzor
2009-05-31, 04:15 AM
What's this Picallilly you use? Chopped? Shredded?

V: My best friend in Highschool used to do that...

littlequietguy
2009-05-31, 11:46 AM
I drink balsamic vinegar raw in a cup.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-31, 11:51 AM
Spicy chicken broth, beer, and tea. I've drunk it and it tasted FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!

Hazkali
2009-05-31, 12:23 PM
I have on occasion eaten ice-cream and peanut butter. Nice, but the peanut butter would have been better slightly thinner.

Ravens_cry
2009-05-31, 12:55 PM
I have had nacho chips and ice cream, the nacho being basically used as an edible scoop, and honestly, it was quite good.

darkblust
2009-06-06, 03:52 PM
Has you had cucomber and peanut butter on toast?it is quite delicious.mmmm

Ravens_cry
2009-06-06, 09:34 PM
Yes I have. I find wheat toast and a sprinkle of chilli powder in-between the peanut butter and the cucumber tastes best.

xPANCAKEx
2009-06-06, 10:00 PM

i have pb + cucumber sandwiches on the regular - if its fresh and in a baguette, then a sprinkle of pepper is a winner too

xPANCAKEx
2009-06-06, 10:05 PM
What's this Picallilly you use? Chopped? Shredded?

chopped - the sweet yellow kind