PDA

View Full Version : Question about Strength Penalty on Off-Hand

Altaria87
2009-05-30, 06:28 AM
I'm currently playing a Cleric in a 3.5e game and I have a -2 strength penalty. I was looking at the SRD recently and saw the 1/2 Strength Bonus on off-hand thing (we never stumbled upon it in the games as we use out better hand by common sense). So anyway, my question is, if I used my weapon in my off hand would i get half the Strength Penalty.
Sorry about any mispellings, I'm a bad typer.
Thanks in advance.

TheCountAlucard
2009-05-30, 06:31 AM
Err, no; you'd get half your Strength bonus, but if you have a penalty, you'd use the full penalty. Sorta like why a person with a Dex penalty doesn't have a higher flat-footed AC than normal AC.

Altaria87
2009-05-30, 06:35 AM
Err, no; you'd get half your Strength bonus, but if you have a penalty, you'd use the full penalty. Sorta like why a person with a Dex penalty doesn't have a higher flat-footed AC than normal AC.
Ok, thanks, was just thinking there was a little way to cheat the system, should have known it was in vain

TheCountAlucard
2009-05-30, 06:42 AM
Ok, thanks, was just thinking there was a little way to cheat the system, should have known it was in vain

Oh, there are plenty of ways to do that; most of them involve being a caster. :smalltongue: