PDA

View Full Version : DMG Artifacts.

Shinizak
2009-05-30, 08:14 PM
Does anyone ever actually use the artifacts from the DMG? Please share your stories.

Sinfire Titan
2009-05-30, 08:19 PM
Philosopher's Stone only. My players know better than to use the gold option too, as it deprives them of a free True Rez.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-05-30, 08:21 PM
My DM didnt see the limit on uses per day on the Moaning Diamond. So he let us use it at will.

:smalleek:

Starscream
2009-05-30, 08:47 PM
I've given my party the Deck of Many Things before, because I know that's one item you do NOT want to overuse.

My old DM actually had us getting Philosopher's Stones a few at a time. From some low level mooks. Yeah, he liked to kill us A LOT, and this was his way of not driving us into negative levels.

dragonfan6490
2009-05-30, 09:26 PM
My old DM was fond of Decks of Many Things, a twisted joy which I have inherited. :smallsmile: But the Philosopher's Stone has also been used, and I've used the Orbs of Dragonkind before, and who hasn't thrown some unfortunate PC's a Sword of Kas or two? I am most definitly an evil DM, as my favorite book is the Book of Vile Darkness. *Evil laughter*

SoD
2009-05-31, 12:53 AM
Always been a fan of the Sheild of Prator, I must admit. Played a LG gestalt Goblin Warmage/Swashbuckler once, who wanted to eventually get the Sheild of Prator. His name was Thudruk.

Harperfan7
2009-05-31, 12:59 AM
I played a chaotic good fighter trying to find the shield of thulior for several adventures (the DMs idea, not mine). When another friend pointed out that if you aren't lawful good you gain negative levels, I thought "oh ****" and kept it a secret. When the DM finally figured it out and found out that I already knew that and didn't tell him, he got mad and punished my character. We stopped playing after that.

(Also, the reason I didn't tell the DM was because he was a notorious **** and hardass who would probably not change it, even though it was his idea)

Bob the Urgh
2009-05-31, 01:15 AM
I remember a terrible campaign i was in where at level 4 my dwarven fighter recieved the hammer of thunderbolts and the cleric the shield of Prator

BlueWizard
2009-05-31, 01:23 AM
Does the Deck of Many Things Count?

Michaelos
2009-05-31, 08:04 AM
Deck of many things: After attempting to take on it's guardians solo, A monk/wizard/enlightened fist had that chaos disease and was going to go insane until he died. First card he drew was a void card, which did save him (He can't go insane from an affect on his body if his soul is elsewhere) but he ended up remaking a new, similar character (Monk/sorc/enlightened fist), who was less likely to end up splitting up and going solo. (He ended up doing it anyway, but that was after he ascended to godhood.)

Orb of White Dragon Control: Used in conjunction with magical aging to create several very dumb Great Wyrm White Dragons to be used by the Druid of Cold for her evil plans.

Orb of Copper Dragon Control: Used in conjunction with magical aging to create an enormous number of Young adult copper dragons to be used as army cannon fodder. Managed by a fertility goddess to greatly increase numbers, as opposed to the White dragons, above, whose numbers were much smaller.

Lunawarrior0
2009-05-31, 09:50 AM
well, I am thinking of starting a campaign that will revolve around the orbs of dragon control, so I will count that, essentially the players will be sent to retrieve the orbs, in order to free the dragons captured inside.