PDA

View Full Version : Setsuna Sakurazaki vs. Setsuna F. Seiei

Prime32
2009-06-01, 05:05 PM
Setsuna F Seiei (Gundam 00)
Setsuna Sakurazaki (Mahou Sensei Negima)

Seiei is in the Exia, in the state he was in at the start of the series, and not receiving any strategies from Sumeragi. Sakurazaki has paper charms, her sword, her Pactio card, and is receiving buffs from Negi.

The battleground is a mountain range with scattered forest.

I'm nuts. :smalltongue:

Nerd-o-rama
2009-06-01, 05:17 PM
Well, Gundam-kun can't hit for crap at the beginning of the series, and whoever this other person is probably can't deal mobile-suit scale damage. Certainly not up to par with Exia's armor - even other mobile suits couldn't penetrate it at the beginning of the series.

I'm going to call this a draw pending further research into Negima. So, indefinitely.

Tyracus
2009-06-01, 10:54 PM
Hmm... If it was start of series Exia vs. current Se-chan I'd have to favor our Shimei Ryuu practitioner. Mainly because Exia is built as an anti-gundam gundam.

Zanganken with it's particular effectiveness against inanimate objects may allow Setsuna to deal damage if she got close enough with her wings and with her defensive abilities she'd likely get close enough. The real clincher though is that even the late 2nd season Gundams were subject to the electical style attacks that the mobile armors were using. The Shin Raikahouken (as seen in the battle against Eva in the tournament arc) would be a potent enough energy discharge to damage/disable the Exia. That and early season Setsuna was a pretty wussy pilot (even in the 2nd season he mostly won by the cheat code that the 00 Gundam was).

It wouldn't be an easy fight but then again Sakurazaki with her full suite of powers could probably pull it off.

Revlid
2009-06-03, 11:24 AM
Well, Gundam-kun can't hit for crap at the beginning of the series, and whoever this other person is probably can't deal mobile-suit scale damage.

Incorrect, sir. Sakurazaki's ridiculous shonen sword-abilities, and demon heritage, should allow her to cut through pretty much anything so long as it's dramatic enough.

[qupte=Nerd-or-rama]I'm going to call this a draw pending further research into Negima. So, indefinitely.[/QUOTE]

Shame on you. Shame.

Tengu_temp
2009-06-03, 12:15 PM
Incorrect, sir. Sakurazaki's ridiculous shonen sword-abilities, and demon heritage, should allow her to cut through pretty much anything so long as it's dramatic enough.

You mean that there is nothing her sword cannot cut?

Prime32
2009-06-03, 01:48 PM
One of her attacks is "Zankanken". So yeah.

Revlid
2009-06-03, 02:26 PM

It's Negima. If it's dramatic enough, then yes.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-06-03, 03:01 PM
Shame on you. Shame.My tastes just don't run to...wait, what the hell is Negima about? Some kind of harem shonen fightan show, right?

Prime32
2009-06-03, 03:04 PM
My tastes just don't run to...wait, what the hell is Negima about? Some kind of harem shonen fightan show, right?
More accurately, a shonen fighting manga which starts off disguised as a harem comedy. It's about as typical as Nanoha.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-06-03, 03:14 PM
Hm.

Is it super-long like most shonen fightan anime? I literally cannot watch more than 52 episodes of one show, and even that I usually have to take a long break during. Which wouldn't be a problem if I was watching it on broadcast, I guess.

Prime32
2009-06-03, 03:33 PM
Hm.

Is it super-long like most shonen fightan anime? I literally cannot watch more than 52 episodes of one show, and even that I usually have to take a long break during. Which wouldn't be a problem if I was watching it on broadcast, I guess.
Don't watch the anime - there are a number of... weird alternate continuities, some of which were made before it became apparent that it wasn't really about harems.

The manga comes out weekly, and is well drawn. (I don't normally enjoy action scenes in manga that much, but these are good). It picks up when they go on a class trip, then again at the school festival, and by the Magic World arc it's almost unrecognisable (i.e. better).

Nerd-o-rama
2009-06-03, 03:49 PM
So it's a super-long manga series rather than a super-long anime series. That doesn't really help me.

Maybe if I get a lot of free time I'll check it out.

Getting back to the topic, though, if this lady's got a Zankantou and shonen fightan powers, as well as support, I think Gundam-kun loses here. Setsuna sucked as a pilot at the start of the series. Episode 26 Setsuna in the Exia Seven Swords, now, that'd be a fairer fight.

Prime32
2009-06-03, 04:07 PM
So it's a super-long manga series rather than a super-long anime series. That doesn't really help me.

Maybe if I get a lot of free time I'll check it out.
Just don't get the one with "Neo" in its name by mistake - make sure it says Ken Akamatsu (yes, that guy).
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MahouSenseiNegima