PDA

View Full Version : Modern spell, PEACH

Dhavaer
2006-04-10, 03:57 AM
Eyeburn
Evocation [Fire], [Sympathetic]
Level: Arcane 3; Components: S, F; Casting Time: Full Round action; Range: Short; Target: One creature/2 levels, no two of which can be more than 30 feet apart; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throw: Fort Negates; Spell Resistance: Yes

You ignite a cigrette, and channel the heat into the eyes of your victims, burning them from the victims' sockets. The loss of eyes is permanent, and can be reversed only through surgery (if the replacement is normally possible with current medical technology) or with a Remove Blindness/Deafness spell. A casting of Remove Blindness/Deafness allows a second saving throw, if the saving throw is successful, the eyes grow back, but are still blind. A second casting will restore sight. This method of eye replacement may be attempted one per month.
Focus: The cigarette and lighter or match.

Gyrfalcon
2006-04-10, 04:16 AM
Hm... I might say this should be Arcane 3 if the Modern system is anything like standard AD&D. It's a multiple-target version of the Blind aspect of Blindness/Deafness, which is a 2nd level spell for sorcerers and wizards. Otherwise, I would say Remove Blindness/Deafness should heal it outright as it would the standard spell, and this should deal fire damage to the recipients. (Which would peg it solidly at 3rd level).

Either 1d4 or 1d6?

Dhavaer
2006-04-10, 04:51 AM
Hmm... I though the single use aspect, shorter range and longer casting time might keep it at 2, but I see the point. I'll change it to 3.

stainboy
2006-04-10, 06:57 AM
A spell based on putting cigarettes out in people's eyes... awesome.

Dhavaer
2006-04-10, 06:58 AM
Look at the Lucifer comic Devil in the Gateway. Lucifer lights a cigarette and Mahu's hench-creatures grab at their eyes. That's the kind of thing I was going for.