PDA

View Full Version : Weapon enhancement to go with keen (ultimant crit)

Lord Orcus
2009-06-02, 10:45 PM
So how does this sound, for every enhancement bonus point cost increase you can increase the critical multiplier by an additional x1, ex. A +5 keen ultimate crit kukri with an additional x5 to critical would cost the same as a weapon with a +12 enhancement bonus, and deal 1d4+5 damage and have a 15-20 x7 critical!!! Now that's the best combination I can think of right now, but you could increase the multiplier by 1 or 2 at lower levels. This sounds awesome does it not.

Stormthorn
2009-06-03, 12:26 AM
Hmm...very interesting.

I kinda like this idea.

The Mentalist
2009-06-03, 01:45 AM
I may just be slow but would it not make more sense (I hate buying straight enchantment bonus mainly) to have something like this for Keen and your new enchantment.

Keen (The remake)
Cost: +1
Effect: Adding this enchantment adds 2 numbers to the threat range of a weapon (Yes this makes it better for axes worse for 18-20 swords) this may be applied more than once

Hewing (Yours under a different name)
Cost: +1
Effect: Adding this enchantment improves the critical multiplier of the weapon by 1 this may be applied more than once

Cieyrin
2009-06-03, 09:57 AM
I point you back to this old thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31302), which I think does an excellent job of dealing with question of improving crits in a different manner than keen.