PDA

View Full Version : Igor Bars in the Playground...

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-03, 12:05 AM
So, has anyone else attempted making these treats from Dork Tower? Alas, I've only made them once, but upon giving the recipe to my sister, she's made them on several occasions (but they never lasted long enough for me to get any :smallfrown:).

Any interesting additions to/deviations from the standard recipe? My sis is coming up tomorrow, and I thought I might surprise her. :smallsmile:

Flame of Anor
2009-06-03, 12:37 AM
Where's the link? I might try making them, if only because yours is the coolest avatar on the playground.

Coidzor
2009-06-03, 12:39 AM
Never heard of 'em, but the name alone is striking my fancy to provoke interest in this beast.

tyckspoon
2009-06-03, 12:43 AM
Google, yos.

Igor Bars! (http://www.dorkstock.com/IgorBars.html)

In short:
Make bar-style chocolate chip cookies. Melt some caramel. Use the caramel to glue the chocolate chip to a layer of Rice Krispy treats (or other marshmallow-glued cereal bar.) Cover the top with melted chocolate. Press whatever the heck you like into the top of the chocolate (nuts, M&Ms, marshmallows, etc.) Let set and cut into small pieces.

Coidzor
2009-06-03, 12:52 AM
Sounds perfect. If my parents hadn't both managed to be diagnosed with diabetes I'd be making some within the week. I'll have to bide my time until I have an oven away from them...

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-03, 12:54 AM
Sounds perfect.They are really good - probably not good for you, mind you...

Connington
2009-06-03, 12:58 AM
They are really good - probably not good for you, mind you...

They're good for your soul.

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-03, 12:47 PM
They're good for your soul.

I suppose that much is true. :smalltongue:

alchemyprime
2009-06-03, 02:07 PM
Just made one here at school using prepackaged items.

I need to homemake these things.

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-03, 04:33 PM
So, has anyone else made these delicious (and surprisingly dense) treats?

My sis didn't bring up the Igor bar stuff today; turns out that she's got a date, and making tasty treats with her brother would cut into that... hopefully we can do so on another day...

Monkeyking
2009-06-03, 05:46 PM
OMG.....Igor Bars!

I have only just gotten in touch with the lovely chicka I met on the intrawebs who introduced them to me....ahhhh it reminds me of the first forum I joined where they were prolific...otherwise, yes, I have made them, once......then had to do stuff, lots of stuff....sugar rush is good.

Rutskarn
2009-06-03, 07:28 PM
...is it sad that the first thing I thought of was that one pub in Ankh-Morpork?

alchemyprime
2009-06-03, 08:43 PM
...is it sad that the first thing I thought of was that one pub in Ankh-Morpork?

I thought the same thing.

NowallIcanthinkaboutisthefactthatIhavesomuchsugari nmethatanormalpancreaswouldbeturnedoffbynowbutIhav eaSuperPancreasbutsadlynotsuperotherorgansandtheya reallshuttingdownfromthesugaroverload!
:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :elan: :elan: :elan: :elan:

They turned me into Elan!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-03, 09:04 PM
Alch :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, my first thought was that one undead/unalive bar in Ankh-Morpork.

Still sound delicious though.

The Igor Bars, not the bar with an Igor.

I would imagine Igor's aren't very delicious

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-06, 04:16 PM
Well, I talked to my sister, and she's going to make some Igor bars for me this weekend, with butterscotch chips on top. :smallbiggrin:

They turned me into Elan!Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? :smalleek:

I would imagine Igor's aren't very deliciousI'm inclined to agree with you on that. :smallyuk:

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-08, 07:12 PM
Well, sis came up today, and together we made Igor bars. She used peanut butter instead of peanuts, but it's an interesting substitution.

I got to lick the spoon! :smallbiggrin:

(is in heaven)

Mr. Mud
2009-06-08, 07:31 PM
Well, sis came up today, and together we made Igor bars. She used peanut butter instead of peanuts, but it's an interesting substitution.

I got to lick the spoon! :smallbiggrin:

(is in heaven)

Bleh, they aren't as good with regular peanuts... I love peanut butter Igors :smalltongue:. Preferably with Crunchy.

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-12, 06:23 PM
Picture time? :smallsmile:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/TheCountAlucard666/Pictures/0011.jpg
An Igor bar, alongside a penny.