PDA

View Full Version : Strange spells from a bored mind

Maryring
2006-03-08, 07:50 AM
I was feeling bored, so just out of sheer boredom I created these spells. Though the question is, are they useable?

Lesser Safeground

Abjuration [Good]

Level: Sanctified 3
Components: V, S, Sacrifice
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: One square 5x5 feet.
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Holy energy fills the ground beneath the caster. This holy ground makes good aligned characters who stand on it take half damage as long as they do not perform any action that would break an invisibility spell. If they do, the safeground has no effect on them for one minute. The holy ground has no effect on Neutral or Evil characters and sheds light like a Light spell. Any concealment from invisibility is negated by those who stand on a safeground but the spell itself is not negated. The magic is bound to the ground itself and does not move with the caster.

Sacrifice: 1d2 con damage

Safeground

Abjuration [Good]

Level: Sanctified 6
Target: One square 15x15 feet.

Holy energy fills the ground beneath the caster. This holy ground makes good aligned characters who stand on it take half damage as long as they do not perform any action that would break an invisibility spell. If they do, the safeground has no effect on them for one minute. The holy ground has no effect on Neutral or Evil characters and sheds light like a Light spell. Any concealment from invisibility is negated by those who stand on a safeground but the spell itself is not negated. The magic is bound to the ground itself and does not move with the caster.

Sacrifice: 1d4 con damage

Greater Safeground

Abjuration [Good]

Level: Sanctified 9
Target: One square 30x30 feet.

Sacrifice: 1d6 con damage

Crushing Light

Evocation [Good]

Level: Scantified 9
Range: See text
Target: See text
Duration: 1 round per level or until discharged

This spell calls upon holy energy surrounding the caster. All safeground squares in a 15 foot radius around the caster is immediately consumed to give power to the spell. For each 5x5 square of safeground consumed the spell creates a searing orb of light that swirls around the casters head. The caster can use these magic orbs as ranged weapons as a full round action. To succeed, the caster must suceed on a ranged touch attack. Each orb deals no damage to good characters, 10 damage to neutral characters and 20 damage to evil characters. The orbs of light are created of pure goodness and can't be dispelled, counterspelled, is unaffected by an antimagic field and affects creatures on the etheral plane.

Sacrifice: 1d4 str and dex damage.

Maryring
2006-03-10, 08:58 AM
And here comes yet another new spell. I hope this one is more intresting than the last one.

Rise of the Martyr

Necromancy [good]

Level: Sanctified 8
Components: V, S, M, Sacrifice, Location, Abstinence.
Casting time: 10 minutes
Range: Touch
Target: One symbolic rose touched.
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Reciting the deed of martyrdom, this spell returns life to a good creature who sacrificed itself for a good cause. Upon completion of the spell, the creature is immediately restored to full hit points, vigor, and health, with no loss of level (or Constitution points) or prepared spells. Rise of the Martyr can even revive someone killed by a death effect or someone who has been turned into an undead creature and then destroyed. This spell can also resurrect elementals or outsiders, but it can’t resurrect constructs or undead creatures. The creature cannot have been dead for more than one year. The spell do not require the body of the martyr, only at least one drop of blood that once belonged to the martyr.

Material Component: A white rose, blessed by "Protection from Evil" for the duration of the spell and coloured red with the blood of the martyr and the blood of the one who casts the spell (if the martyr or the caster doesn't have blood, a ground piece of the body or other bodily fluids can be substituted) and diamond dust worth at least 5000 gp sprinkled over the rose. A vial of holy water and five pounds of silver worth 25 gp.

Sacrifice: 1d4+1 points of intelligence, wisdom and charisma damage.

Abstinence: The caster must abstain from casting necromancy spells for a month before casting this spell.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-03-10, 09:16 AM
Nicely worked out!

A few questions (and my own opinion to go with each):
Do the Safeground areas move with the caster? (I'd say "no")

Can a person act to break the protection, leave the area then return and have the protection again? (I'd say "no protection for 10 rounds" or similar)

Is the Con sacrifice really necessary? (It hurts the caster enormously!! I don't think it would be unbalanced to have the same spells with HP loss instead of Con loss if you must have a sacrifice...)

Similarly, the sacrifices for Rise of the Martyr are huge! Can they be lower?

All just opinion - these look like great spells that I might just ::)Steal ::) for my game...

Maryring
2006-03-10, 09:37 AM
They are sanctified spells, and most all of them have some sort of sacrifice, most often ability damage. But remember that this ability damage can be cured by restoration or rest. And they are there to prevent abuse. Casting Greater Safeground and Crushing Light can take as much as 14 points of ability damage. I put them there so that you'll know that this isn't your first grade prestigidiation spell you're playing with. Perhaps the Rise of the Martyr sacrifice is big though. I might change it to 1d4.

As for your two other questions, yes you are correct. I just forgot to write them in. Will do in a second.

Maryring
2006-03-13, 04:41 AM
And now...

Heartbreak

Evocation [Sonic]

Level: Sor/Wis 5
Components: V, S, M
Range: 60 ft.
Area: Line
Saving throw: Fortitude half and Will Negates.
Spell Resistance: Yes

Heartbreak creates a sickenly sound, as if a heart is broken. The sound creates a sonic blast that deals 1d6 points of sonic damage per caster level (max 15d6) and sickens those who are struck by it for 1d4+1 round. A fortitude save halves the damage and a will save negates the sickening effect.

Material component: A heart made of glass.

Dhavaer
2006-03-13, 04:44 AM
It looks balanced, except that the range is too short. Maybe make it Range: Short, so it scales with level?

Maryring
2006-03-14, 02:39 AM
No, but I can increase the range to 60 ft. It's enough that damage scales with level. I also see that I forgot the material component and how long you are sickened. I'll get to that, after THIS SPELL...

Red Water

Abjuration [Evil]

Level: Sor/Wis 3, Clr 3
Range: See text.
Target: One evil creature drenched.
Duration: 1 day/level (D)
Saving throw: Will Negates (harmless)

Red water twists the moral energies of a creature. The caster drenches the target in the red water created by mixing blood and tears and then places a holy symbol on the target. For the duration of the spell, the target creature reacts to magic as if it was a good aligned creature regardless of actual alignment. This means among other things that the creature isn't hedged out by a "protection from evil" spell, scans as good with a detect good and takes no damage from a Paladin's smite evil. It is almost impossible to magically detect the creatures true evil alignment. Only a true seeing effect and a detect evil effect used by the same creature at the same time can pierce the abjuration. The spell only does not prevent "detect thoughts" and does not prevent mundane means of discerning the creatures true alignment.

Material Component: One cup of blood from an innocent child, one cup of tears from a good hearted widow and a holy symbol.

Wee. How will the party react when that good little boy who has been "helping" them all along turns out to actually be the incredibly evil BBEG?

Dhavaer
2006-03-14, 02:52 AM
I've no idea of whether that's balanced, but it's very cool.

Jothki
2006-03-14, 03:10 AM
And here comes yet another new spell. I hope this one is more intresting than the last one.

Rise of the Martyr

Necromancy [good]

Level: Sanctified 8
Components: V, S, M, Sacrifice
Target: One Martyr touched.
Saving Throw: None (see text)

Reciting the deed of martyrdom, this spell returns life to a good creature who sacrificed itself for a good cause. Upon completion of the spell, the creature is immediately restored to full hit points, vigor, and health, with no loss of level (or Constitution points) or prepared spells. Rise of the Martyr can even revive someone killed by a death effect or someone who has been turned into an undead creature and then destroyed. This spell can also resurrect elementals or outsiders, but it can’t resurrect constructs or undead creatures. The creature cannot have been dead for more than one year. The spell do not require the body of the martyr, only at least one drop of blood that once belonged to the martyr.

Material Component: A white rose, coloured red with the blood of the martyr and the blood of the one who casts the spell.

Sacrifice: 1d6 points of intelligence, wisdom and charisma damage.

That seems way too easy. It could arguably apply to any in-combat death of a Good character, and the components are more or less free. Carry around a vial of blood for every member of your party, and they can freely throw themselves into battle without any concern for their own safety. Even if everyone else dies, you can just flee and revive them at your leasure. Heck, you could even sit outside a dungeon while everyone else charges in and confronts whatever vast evil lurks within, and if they don't return in a few days, you start the resurrections.

Maryring
2006-03-14, 05:05 AM
Except, you know, the sacrifical cost and that it has to be the death of a martyr. MARTYR. Martyr does not imply only good alignment, but exalted alignment and that you died for an extremely good cause. Reckless behaviour does not grant you martyrdom. It can be easily abused with a bad DM, but a good DM would be incredibly careful with what martyrdom is. But perhaps I can even it a bit out by increasing the cost of the spell by adding some diamonds to the mix.

Hoseki
2006-03-14, 08:33 AM
Hmm... If elementals can be martyrs, it doesn't make sense that a spell component is blood, a thing which elementals are lacking.

Catch
2006-03-14, 10:27 AM
Hmm... If elementals can be martyrs, it doesn't make sense that a spell component is blood, a thing which elementals are lacking.

You probably could substitue a peice of the subject's body. Though, at this point, it's just a higher-level version of True Resurection, with cheaper components, and the prerequisite death conditions. And TR works on outsiders.

Here's an idea. The spell is supposed to be a cheap way of retuning to life someone who has died for a noble/heroic cause. Right now, it's just a cheap TR. If you wanted to continue with the Martyr theme, perhaps they could rise from the grave with bonuses, renewed vigor with which to combat evil. Something like +2 to one ability score. Abuse could be avoided by giving it a duration of a few days, and since the death must be martyrdom, a player can't just rush into a mob of orcs and expect to be resurected with bonuses.

Maryring
2006-03-15, 06:25 AM
Maybe... that wasn't exactly how I thought it, but it might work...

On the other hand, because I have way too much free time, I've created a minute by minute walkthrough for the ritual. And added a few spell components. So to begin with, here are the changes.

The spell must be cast in a holy place affected by Hallow. You also need a vial of holy water, five pounds of silverdust and diamond dust worth 5000, not 500 as I wrote before. And another note, the Rose must be picked/cut/uprooted no more than one hour and must have had the spell "Protection from Evil" cast on it.

And now it begins...

Before the spell begins:
The holy site is Hallowed, and the components are prepared. Right before the casting begins, Protection from Evil is cast on the white rose.

1 Minute:
The spell begins. The caster places the rose within the center of the hallowed site. Then he/she begins to chant the holy incations of the spell.

2 Minute:
The chanting continues and the blood of the martyr is prepared.

3 Minute:
The blood of the Martyr is dripped on the rose. The magic is beginning to take effect and the rose draws the blood into it's petals, getting a slightly red hue.

4 Minute:
The caster wounds him/herself and bleeds on the rose. The blood flows freely over the rose as it slowly begins to hover in the air. The blood sticks to the rose and does not fall to the ground. When the caster has shed enough blood, the wound immediately closes.

5 Minute:
The caster walks around the rose while chanting the words of the spell and performing the somatic components required.

6 Minute:
The caster opens the vial of holy water and pours the contents over the rose. When the last drop of holy water hits the rose, it begins to glow with a holy light.

7 Minute:
The caster takes the silver dust and spreads it in a circle around him/herself and the rose. The circle has a ten foot radius.

8 Minute:
The caster continues to speak the holy words of the ritual. Already the spell is beginning to take it's toll on the caster and she suffers one point of intelligence, wisdom and charisma damage. (Should this bring her casting ability score below the level needed to cast this spell, the spell does not end. The caster will manage to finish this spell.)

9 Minute:
The caster now sprinkles the diamond dust over the rose. The light emitting from the rose increases even further and becomes a glorious pillar of light that contains both itself and the caster. All creatures with evil hearts who look at the light from a distance less than ten feet per hit die of the martyr is permanently blinded.

10 Minute:
The sacred symbolic rose and all the components of the spell are consumed into the rose as the rose begins to reshape into the form of the martyr. When the tenth minute is up, the caster is expelled from the pillar of light far enough so that the martyr can appear, breathing once more. The caster takes no damage from the expelling, but does suffer the mental strain caused by the spell.

And that's that. Good, bad or trash? That's up to you to decide.

bosssmiley
2006-03-15, 08:53 AM
Good stuff Maryring, and I like, correction, I love the flavour you've written for Rise of the Martyr. I'll be stealing it for resurrection rites in my games from now on. What higher flattery (other than envelopes full of cash) is there. ;)

Perhaps poppies or lillies (traditionally associated with funerals and the dead) might be more fitting than a rose though?

prufock
2006-03-15, 09:09 AM
Where exactly is the Sanctified from? Exalted Deeds?

Catch
2006-03-15, 10:55 AM
Yes, it's from Exalted Deeds.

Great job on the ritual rites, it's a very nice flavor. I can see you've put a lot of thought into the spell/ritual, and it would make for some good RP'ing. (if my group would put down thier books for once)

Great work. *high five*

Maryring
2006-03-15, 04:41 PM
Thank you. I'm glad to hear that people appreciate my work. I was tired of spells with a casting time of 1-10 minutes that always ended up as "I cast spell x". Because of that, I want to make the casting ritual more than just a "I cast spell x".

Good stuff Maryring, and I like, correction, I love the flavour you've written for Rise of the Martyr. I'll be stealing it for resurrection rites in my games from now on. What higher flattery (other than envelopes full of cash) is there. ;)

Really? Because it wouldn't take long to give you my adress ;)

Perhaps poppies or lillies (traditionally associated with funerals and the dead) might be more fitting than a rose though?

Maybe. There are many greeneries that might fit better. Maybe a pomegranate? When I chose a white rose, it was because it was to be a symbol of purity. Not life and death.

belboz
2006-03-15, 06:40 PM
I like these (perhaps the text for "Rise of the Martyr" should be altered to make it completely clear that it has to be a truly great, noble and selfless cause--so killing orcs, even evil and nasty orcs, doesn't generally count). And you definitely want to keep the sacrifices as-is. The Greater Safeground/Crushing Light combo allows the caster to deal 720 points of damage (36 5x5s in a 30x30, times 20 pts each), no save, to an evil creature. That's some serious mojo, even for someone casting 2 9th-level spells.

Maryring
2006-03-16, 12:40 PM
Well, a high touch AC makes up for that, and (at least normally, I'm not diving into the murky depths of Munchkin or Epic here) you can only fire at most, two orbs each round. It's very good, but I wouldn't call it unbalanced.

belboz
2006-03-16, 01:14 PM
Fair enough; I should have paid closer attention. I wasn't calling it unbalanced, anyway...just needing those point costs to be balanced.

Maryring
2006-03-17, 06:56 AM
To prove that I have way too much free time.

Reflecting invisibility

Illusion (Glamer)

Level: Sor/Wis 8
Components: V,S M.
Range: Personal or Touch
Target: You or a creature or object weighing no more than 100 lb./level
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless) or Will negates (harmless, object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless) or Yes (harmless, object)

The spell disrupts the light that reflects of the target and makes him or her appear to be somewhere else. The target is essentially invisible, and instead an illusionary copy takes the targets looks somewhere else. The target and the copy must always have line-of-sight to each other. If the line-of-sight is broken, the spell ends. The target can not be found by see invisibility or true seeing, but detect magic can find the aura of the spell component. Otherwise the spell functions like "Improved invisibility".

Material Component: A glass prism worth at least 10 gp that shatters when the spell ends.

Dhavaer
2006-03-17, 07:21 AM
It looks kind of like Mislead. A little too tired to comment right now, though. The level might be somewhat too high.

Maryring
2006-03-18, 06:58 AM
Maybe... but I don't think THIS one has an equal. Or, well, it is a little similar to haste.

Twin strike (I need a better name)

Transmutation

Level: Sor/Wiz 2, Brd 2
Components: V, M
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)

Twin strike greatly increases the speed of the target for a very short amount of time. Any creature affected by twin strike gains another round worth of actions at an initiative count equal to the targets initiative count -10.

Material component: The feather of an eagle.

Dhavaer
2006-03-18, 07:13 AM
Increase it to second or third level. Maybe higher. That's really, really powerful.

Catch
2006-03-18, 10:18 AM
I agree, though perhaps even higher. Compare it to haste, which is third level. You get one extra attack and a bonus to your AC and base speed. "Twin Strike" effectively doubles the actions a character can take, which is significantly more powerful than something like haste. I'd put it at 4th level.

Edit: Ok, I misread the spell. If it's a one-time effect, then I'd put it at third level.

Jack Mann
2006-03-18, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't say it's necessarily more powerful than haste, since it only lasts one round, compared with haste's one round per level. It's certainly too powerful for a first level spell, but second or third might be about right.

Maryring
2006-03-18, 06:05 PM
Yeah I should probably change it. Second level was my first intention, so perhaps I should have gone with that.

Maryring
2006-03-20, 04:18 AM
Is it a plane? A dragon? A Balor? No, it's Maryring's new painless assasination spell.

Razor Wind

Evocation

Level: Assasin 2, Sor/Wis 3, Slayer of Domiel 2
Components: S,
Range: Short 25/2 ft. per level
Target: One creature of at least small size
Saving Throw: Reflex negates or Fortitude Negates (Object, Construct)

Razor wind creates dangerous rifts in the air and causes it to swirl, tear and cut at the creature targeted by the spell, dealing 1d6 points of damage per caster level (Max 10d6). The spell require's a listen check of DC 17 + spell DC modifier to be noticed. If the listen check fails, the target doesn't notice that anything has happened to it before 1 round later for living creatures and 1d4+1 rounds later for constructs and undead because the spell causes no pain at all.

Dhavaer
2006-03-20, 04:21 AM
A bit too powerful for a second level spell. I think it should be third, and you might be able to get away with medium range.

bosssmiley
2006-03-20, 07:19 AM
Agreed, that looks like a silent Fireball spell to me. Up the level to third, with the single target (rather than an area effect) countering the subtlety of the effect (you can pull this off in a crowded room!)

Maryring
2006-03-21, 07:06 AM
Modified the Sor/Wis level. Still think the other levels are correct though. Fireball has an incredibly higher damage chance and reflex half instead of reflex negates.

In other news... should I stop making spells?...

Nah, not for a while at least.

Charming bow

Enchantment (charm) [mindaffecting]

Level: Sor/Wis 9
Components: V, S, F
Casting time: 1 full round action
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)

Charming bow fuses the spells focus into your hand and turns it into a magical bow that you are automatically proficient with. For the duration of the spell you can make special ranged attacks with the bow like with any other ranged weapon with these exceptions. The bow doesn't need any ammunition, but insteads provides the bow with a magical supply of special arrows. These arrows deal only 1 point of damage, but all those struck by the arrow must make a will save or be charmed as the spell "charm monster". The arrows have the ghost touch special quality, and provide a +5 bonus on them to bypass damage reduction and increase hit chance. They also have the same alignment as the caster. The bow can not be sundered or disarmed and returns to it's normal state once the spell is over and done with.

Focus: A small ebony bow worth at least 100 gp.

Maryring
2006-03-22, 05:52 AM
Finally a truly strange spell. A surgery spell. ;D

Painless slumber

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind affecting]

Level: Sor/Wis 1, Clr 1, Druid 1, Apostle of Peace 1.
Casting time: 1 minute
Range: Short 25/2 ft. per level
Target: One living creature
Duration: 24 hours

This spell induces the target into a deep slumber that one cannot be woken from by normal means. The subject sleeps for 24 hours and feels no pain whatsoever during that time. An alarm spell can be included in the spell to wake the subject up earlier. The subject of the spell must be truly willing to go to sleep, or the spell won't work. If the creature is under a compulsion or charm effect, the spell does not work.

Arcane Material Component: A handful of sand.

Catch
2006-03-22, 08:04 AM
I can see some combat purposes for this one. They have to be willing to go to sleep, right?

1. Suggestion: You are getting verrry sleeeepy....

2. Painless Slumber

3. Coup de Grace

Not painless anymore. ;D

Maryring
2006-03-22, 08:39 AM
Fixed it for you, but you still have a 1 minute casting time, so it won't be a combat spell at all.

Maryring
2006-03-23, 09:18 AM
Spells, spells and even more spells. Why? Because I like magic.

Aqua Wave

Evocation

Level: Sor/Wis 6, Wu Jen 6 (water)
Components: V, S
Range: 120 ft.
Area: 120-ft. line
Saving Throw: Reflex negates

The spell creates a shockwave of water that strikes through anything in it's path. Any creature caught in the path of the shockwave take 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage per caster level (up to a maximum of 15d6 at 15th level) and creatures with the fire subtype take 50% more damage from the spell. The spell ignores hardness and passes through any non magical barrier, even if the barrier withstands the attack. If the target fails their reflex save, they must make a fortitude save or be knocked on the ground.

Mystic blast

Evocation

Level: Sor/Wis 2, Wu Jen 2
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: Target within reach
Saving Throw: Reflex negates

The spell creates a rainbow hued shockwave of force that travels along the ground to strike the target. Any creature less than five feet up in the air that is targetet by this spel must make a reflex save or take 1d4 points of force damage per caster level (up to a maximum of 10d4 at 15th level) as the shockwave crashes into the creature. You must have a clear line between you and the target for the spell to work.

Elemental weapon

Transmutation (acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic)

Level: Sor/Wis 3
Components: V, S, F
Target: Weapon held
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless, object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless object)

Magical energy swirls around the weapon you hold and gives it the ability to be flaming, shocking, corrosive, screaming or frost capabilities. You can change the elemental property of the weapon to another one as a full round action as long as you hold the weapon for the entire round. Ranged weapons bestow this property to their ammuniton.

Focus: A masterwork weapon with no magical enchantments that turns into the elemental weapon.

(I don't know the names for the weapon elements, and I don't have the time to look them up at the moment, so I'll probably change them later on. So please don't comment on that unless you know what the real name is.)

Catch
2006-03-23, 08:58 PM
Aqua Wave is a balanced for a 6th level spell; I wouldn't make any changes other than to specify what type of damage the spell deals. If it's done by rushing water, then it's probably bludgeoning damage. Might be interesing if it had a chance to knock it's targets prone. I know I'd be on my butt if I got hit with a torrent of water.

Mystic Blast looks good, but again, I'd specify what type of damage it deals. The damage cap is a little high, however. Ten dice for a second level spell is pushing it, I think, though the "reflex negates" along with a short range and single target compensates. I'm on the fence for this one.

Elemental Weapon looks fine to me, (the names you weren't sure on are Frost and Screaming), but change

Bows give their magical abilities to the arrows they fire, but only once each round.

to: "Ranged weapons bestow this property to their ammuniton." I'd let ranged weapons fire the enhanced arrows without any restrictions, unless you also apply the same to melee weapons.

Maryring
2006-03-24, 05:56 PM
(Yay for lowlevel performance spells.)

Weather Illusion

Illusion (Figment)

Level: Bard 2, Sor/Wis 3
Components: V, S,
Casting time: 1 full round action
Target: Illiusionary weather created
Duration: 10 minutes/level (D)
Saving Throw: None or Will Negates (harmless, interaction)

This spell creates illusionary weather. The weather can be all from sunshine to rain, sleet and even hail. However, the weather has no effects other than looking like real weather. There is no heat from the illusionary sunshine and the rain doesn't make you wet.

Wounding

Transmutation

Level: Bard 1, Sor/Wis 1
Target: One living creature
Duration: 10 minutes/level (D)
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates (harmless)

This spell causes the target to appear wounded. Though the wounds aren't technically real, they look so real that only a DC 30 heal check can discern them as fake, and that requires one minute of uninterupted study. The spell makes the body appear, bruised, broken, bleeding or any combination of the above, but it cannot create major changes like twisting a limb or removing organs. When the spell ends, the creature's wounds closes and all blood and body fluids created by the spell instantly vaporize and disappear.

(And now... other incredibly strange spells that I made because of Vorpal Tribble's Spiderbelly.)

Devourer

Transmutation

Level: Sor/Wis 4, Drd 3, Rgr 4,
Target: One living creature touched
Duration: 24 hours
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates

This spell gives the target of the spell the target creature the "swallow whole" special attack. The target must have a bite attack for the spell to work, otherwise the spell has no effect. Devourer can be made permanent with "Permanency"

Material Component: A bit of hair or a few scales from a creature with the "Swallow Whole" extraordinary ability.

Permanency cost: 500 xp

Harmless digestion

Transmutation

Level: Sor/Wis 4, Drd 3, Rgr 4
Components: S, V, M
Target: One creature with the "Swallow Whole" Extraordinary quality.
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates and see text

This spell affects the target creature's digestive nature and prevents the natural digestive system to run it's course and replace it with a different alternative. All creatures swallowed by the creature does not take damage from being swallowed, but must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + spell level + ability modifier or DC 10 + 1/2 HD + creature's con modifier, whichever is greater) or be paralyzed by the gaseous substance that replaces the normal digestive system. The paralyzing doesn't actually paralyze the creature, and it isn't considered helpless, but it is to weak to take any strenuous actions. The caster can change from the normal digestive system to the magical nonlethal alternative made through this spell, but each time the caster make the change, as well as when the spell is originally cast, the creature and the caster must make opposable will saves. If the creature's will save beats the casters will save, the creature wrestles the control from the caster and can decide for itself which alternative to use. Changing alternative is a move action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Harmless digestion can be made permanent with permanency, but only if the creature is in control of the spell effect.

Material Component: A small vial of water and a handful of sand.

Permanency cost: 1000 xp.

(Perhaps I ought to stop... this is seriously strange I tell you.)

Maryring
2006-03-27, 03:00 PM
Saving my thread from death. It still has more to give when school work is done, and it makes for easy reference material to those who wonder WHEN Sorcerers began blasting waves of water.

Maryring
2006-03-28, 05:52 AM
Summon Hero

Conjuration (calling) [good]

Level: Sor/Wis 9, Drd 9, Clr 9.
Components: V, S, M, F
Target: One living creature and one hero.
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Will Negates (harmless)

This spell summons the spiritual energy of a hero, living or dead, to come to your aid. The spell fuses your spiritual energy and the spiritual energy of the hero into one powerful being, however if the Hero isn't willing the spell automatically fails. The Hero will know the situation the spell is cast in, what intent the caster has, and her alignment. The Hero can at any time choose to leave the caster, ending the spell immediately. For the duration of the spell, you can switch between your own form and that of the hero. Your ability scores change so that only the best of both worlds is given. For example, if you have an intelligence of 18, and the hero has 14 intelligence, you will have 18 intelligence. If the hero has 18 strenght and you have 10, you gain the heros strenght of 18. You also share feats and skills, and they are usable in any form. You also gain the heros proficiencies, extra ordinary abilities, spell casting abilities, spell like abilities, racial bonuses and supernatural abilities, but only when in the hero form. For example, if Sakurai a 19 level wizard casts Summon Hero to fuse with Hikari, the level 18 fighter, she gains all of Hikari's feats and skills. She also gains his strenght, dexterity and constitution scores because they are greater than hers. She can now change into Hikari to gain his weapon proficiencies and Hit Dice, and be incredibly effective in melee, but she can't cast any more spells unless she changes back into her original form. Changing forms is a swift action that can be performed once each round.

Generally speaking, a Hero is anyone who has done a significant exalted deed and is of good alignment. Usually, a Hero will only accept a caster if he or she is of good alignment.

Material Component: Seven jewels coloured red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Each gem must be worth at least 100 gp.

Focus: An image of the hero, or something that once belonged to him/her.

Summon Villian

Conjuration (calling) [evil]

Sor/Wiz 9, Clr 9, Drd 9.

This spell functions like summon hero except as noted here. The spell summons a villian rather than a hero. A villian is one who is of evil alignment and has done a significant vile deed.

Material Component: Seven jewels coloured black, purple, grey, brown, crimson, tan and white.

Focus: An image of the villian, or something that once belonged to him/her.

Maryring
2006-05-16, 05:00 PM
Umm... no I didn't do necromancy. I'm using... healing magic. Yeah, that's right. I'm casting true ressurection on this thread.

New Reality.

Illusion (Glamer) [Mind Affecting]

Level: Sor/Wis 9, Wu Jen 9.
Casting time: 3 rounds
Range: Medium (100+10/level)
Target: Area (S).
Duration: Concentration+1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will Negates (harmless)

New reality forces the surrounding area to seem different. During the duration of the spell, the caster can decide what everything inside the area seems to be. For example, she can make a forest look like it is on fire. The creatures inside the area of effect will see, hear, smell, feel and taste the fire as though it is real. A successful willsave allows the target to notice that it is only an illusion, but he still can't sense anything but the illusion. Creatures standing near the edge of the illusion can look into it or out of it and gain a +10 on their willsave to notice it as an illusion.

And now I leave it for you to pick appart.

Maryring
2006-06-07, 12:53 PM
Star Rain

Evocation [Force]

Level: Sor/Wis 9, Warmage 9, Wu Jen 9
Target: 20-ft.-radius spread
Saving Throw: Reflex half.

Star rain calls upon a rain of starshaped blasts from the heavens. Upon striking the ground on the spot you designate, they explode in a blizzard of light. All caught in the blast takes 1d4 points of force damage per caster level to a maximum of 25d4. The explosion causes no pressure or heat, but it is certainly a sight to behold.