PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] The Plant avatar,Druid Prc (PEACH)

zagan
2009-06-03, 04:47 PM
Ok I create a Druid Prc. It's suppose to be weaker than a normal druid I hope it's weak enough so that any DM could allow it without too much problem.

No fluff for now, perhaps later. I present you the:

The Plant Avatar.

Requirements:
To qualify to become a Plant Avatar, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
Alignment: Any Neutral
Skills: Survival 13 ranks, Knowledge(Nature) 13 ranks, Profession(Gardener) 13 rank
Feats: Skill focus(Knowledge(Nature)), Plant defiance
Spell: Able to cast Speak with plant
Special: The character must have made peaceful contact with an inteligent plant creature and stay with it for at least a month to learn how to be a plant.
Special: Wild shape class feature

Plant Avatar
{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
Spellcasting

1st|+0|+2|+0|+0|Plant shape, Animal companion, Fire weakness|

2nd|+1|+3|+0|+0|Bark armor +1|
+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

3rd|+1|+3|+1|+1|Plant summoning|

4th|+2|+4|+1|+1|Bark armor +2|

5th|+2|+4|+1|+1|Speak with plant|

6th|+3|+5|+2|+2|Bark armor +3|

7th|+3|+5|+2|+2|Plant companion|

8th|+4|+6|+2|+2|Bark armor +4|
+1 level of existing divinespellcasting class

9th|+4|+6|+3|+3|Plant Healing|

10th|+5|+7|+3|+3|Plant type, Bark armor +5|

[/table]

Class Features:
Hit Die: 1d8
Class Skills: (2 + Int modifier per level) Concentration (con), Craft (int), Knowledge(Geography), Knowledge(Nature) (Int), Profession(wis), Spellcraft (int), Survival (wis).

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Plant avatar receives no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At each level except 1st and 10th, the character gains new spells per day (and spell know if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in a divine spellcasting class he belonged to before adding the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that Class would have gained, except for an increased effective level of spellcasting. If a character had more than one divine spellcasting class before becoming an Plant Avatar, he must decide to which class he adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.

Fire weakness: A plant Avatar lose the abilities to cast spell with the Fire descriptor in addition he take half again as much (+50%) damage from fire effect, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or faillure.

Plant shape: A Plant Avatar gain the abilities to use wild shape to change into a plant creature with the same size restrictions as for animal forms. (A Plant Avatar can’t use this ability to take the form of a plant that isn’t a creature.) In addition a Plant Avatar can add his Plant Avatar level to his druid level to determine the size, number of Hit dice and number of time per day she can use this abilities, but the Plant Avatar is restricted to turning only in creature with the plant type.

Animal companion / Plant companion: A Plant Avatar can add his Plant Avatar level to his effective druid level to determine the capabilities of his animal companion, in addition at 7th level his animal companion gain the plant template. Even though his companion his now a plant, he can cast spell on it as though it were an animal.

Bark Armor(Ex): At 2nd level a Plant Avatar’s skin becomes barklike and grants him natural armor. At 2nd level, he receieves a +1 natural armor bonus to AC. This bonus increases by +1 every even level thereafter, for a total of +5 a 10th.

Plant summoning(Su): At 3rd all animal summon by the Plant Avatar using summon’s nature ally gain the plant template (see below) for as long as the summoning last.

Speak with plant(Su): At 5th level a Plant avatar gains the ability to converse with plants. Treat him as being constantly under the effects of a speak with plants spell.

Plant Healing(Su): At 9th level a Plant Avatar gain fast healing equal to half his constitution modifier round down for as long he is standing in natural sunlight.

Plant type: At 10th a Plant Avatar as achieve perfect understanding of the plant world and gain the plant template (see below).

Edit: Alright I made a couple change remove two caster level, remove slam attack, add a fire vulnerability and retarded the plant type for the animal companion.

In advance thanks for any help you can give me.

Edit: Below, the plant template, apart from fly speed just add the plant trait

The plant template:

Plant creature are creature that have gained a very strong connection to the plant world and gain the typical trait of plant.

Plant is an acquired template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Size and type:
The creature type change to plant. Size is unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus or saves.

Hit dice:
Increase all current and future Hit Dice to d8s.

Speed:
If the base creature can fly, its maneuverability rating drops by one step to a minimum of clumsy.(perfect>good>average>poor>clumsy)

Attacks:
A plant creature retains all the natural weapons, manufactured weapon attacks, and weapon proficiencies of the base creature.

Damage:
Same as base creature.

Special Attacks:
A plant creature retains all the special attacks of the base creature.

Special Qualities:
A plant creature retains all the special qualities of the base creature and the base animal, and also gains those described below.

Low-light vision(Ex)

Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.

Not subject to critical hits.

Plants creature breathe and eat, but do not sleep.

Saves:
Same as base creature.

zagan
2009-06-15, 01:29 PM
Bump because I change a few thing.

My inspiration and the example I look to compare it are the 3.0 Forest master Prc from Faith and pantheon, The land walker Prc from Secret of Xendrik, The aliennist from complete arcane and the walker in the waste Prc from sandstorm.

I relly like to have a few opinion on it and if not at least a reason why nobody want to comment. Not original enough ?, too awfull grammar ?, too powerfull ?.

As a side note any help for a better name for the Prc itself but also the abilitie would be welcome.

Pie Guy
2009-06-15, 07:25 PM
It looks like a good class, but the plantshape is broken, as is wildshape, so as long as you don't take natural spell it won't be to overpowered. Add to the special requirments line "Must not have at any point even considered taking Natural Spell."

zagan
2009-06-16, 04:16 AM
Thank you for your comment.

Yes, Plantshape is powerfull but far less than normal Wildshape simply because you have way less choice.

Natural spell is broken I agree with you on that but I think that's an issue best left to the DM because it depend on the powerlevel of the gameworld.