PDA

View Full Version : David Carradine RIP

kamikasei
2009-06-04, 01:27 PM
It seems (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm) the star of Kung Fu and Kill Bill has been found dead in his hotel room in Bangkok, where he was filming a movie.

The article makes it sound like suicide, other reports suggest it may have been an accident.

I'm saddened I've never seen him in anything but Kill Bill. Rather want to go track down some Kung Fu episodes now. By all accounts he was an awesome guy, his passing is a shame.

chiasaur11
2009-06-04, 01:28 PM
He's in some old MST3Ks too.

Including The Unearthly with Tor Johnson, available on DVD.

Starscream
2009-06-04, 02:20 PM
I'm going to miss this guy. Even when he was in bad movies he was the best part.

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-06-04, 02:36 PM
Death Race 2000 had some very funny social commentary, good action scenes, and some major names before they became to big for little budgets.

The reimaging? Meh. Good special effects and action scenes, but it took itself far to seriously. And any attempt at humor fell flat on its face.

Of course, any Car Wars fan will like both of them. :smallbiggrin:

Joran
2009-06-04, 02:53 PM
I grew up on Kung Fu: The Legend Continues and I greatly enjoyed his role in Kill Bill.

Sad to hear it may be suicide. R.I.P.

TheThan
2009-06-04, 03:02 PM
This is sad to hear, however, how do you accidentally hang yourself?

kamikasei
2009-06-04, 03:12 PM
This is sad to hear, however, how do you accidentally hang yourself?

Autoerotic asphyxiation. Apparently they edited that out of early versions of the BBC story, because it's in better taste to imply he killed himself, somehow.

The Tygre
2009-06-04, 03:21 PM
Good night, sweet prince. He's karate choppin' angels now. :smallfrown::smallfrown:

TheThan
2009-06-04, 03:58 PM
Autoerotic asphyxiation. Apparently they edited that out of early versions of the BBC story, because it's in better taste to imply he killed himself, somehow.

Yeah,i see.
its just that I hear that a lot when these things happen.

“Oh celebrity X died”

“Maybe it was an accident”

I’m enough of a realist to know that “bad things happen”. So I try to hold back comments.

Verruckt
2009-06-04, 04:08 PM
Sad to see him go, whatever the manner of his passing. I rather liked him in Wild West Tech of all things, and of course Kill Bill. This of course leads to the depthlessly tactless way in which I was informed of his death:
a friend of mine texting me a picture of an obituary with the header "Bill Killed"

kyoten
2009-06-04, 05:38 PM
This is a sad event indeed. I was a huge fan of David Carradine. Hopefully his family will be permitted time to grieve before the media starts to hawk them.

Rest In Peace my Old Friend. :frown:

BlueWizard
2009-06-04, 07:42 PM
Very sad indeed. :smallfrown:

Gorgondantess
2009-06-04, 09:14 PM
Good night, sweet prince. He's karate choppin' angels now. :smallfrown::smallfrown:

Aye. May the angels fear his mighty fist.:smallfrown:

Mr. Scaly
2009-06-04, 11:07 PM
...Wow. First David Eddings now David Carradine... This day is just starting on one bad note...

I hope there's a special kind of heaven where the most classic old movie stars go to.

BROCK22
2009-06-08, 03:40 PM
so sad. I used to see him at this place near my house wearing this HUGE ring with a skull on it...and i thought you WOULD wear that. haha.

I totally suspect foul play...i mean the papers say that the Thai police/ hotel are being shady.