PDA

View Full Version : Class Feats (PEACH FTW!)

TBPBenni
2006-04-23, 10:39 PM
After seeing a goodly number of "how would you fix this class" threads degenerate into a goodly number of "This class is not overpowered" threads, I figured I'd try my hand at giving the classes I think need a little boost, a little boost.

Please, lemme know what you think. =)

BARD
What post from me would be complete without bardic love? I mean, seriously. We deeply heart bards at TBP, Inc.

Bombtrack
General Feat
Requisites: Perform(any) 6 ranks
As a standard action, you may use one of your daily bardic music attempts to deal 2d6 sonic damage to one enemy within earshot (will save half).

Melody of Life
General Feat
As a standard action, you may use one of your daily bardic music attempts to heal 2d6 damage to one ally within earshot.

Bassline
General Feat
You may keep two bardic music effects going at once, with the same instrument.

FIGHTER
With the mass amount of possible fighter builds, and ways that they could be improved, it would require about 20 feats to be able to cover everything. ...wait, I can think of a big stack of feats that have already been written to improve fighters! And hey, let's let the rest of the melee guys in on the fun while we're at it.

Lord of War
General Feat
Requirements: BAB 15+
You may ignore the Epic prerequisite for Epic feats. Any other prerequisites, including skill ranks, class abilities, feats, and ability scores, must be met.

PALADIN
While the divine feats are nice and all, they do tend to boost the power of clerics as well as paladins. Since the point of the exercise is to boost classes that I don't think get enough love from WotC, I decided to play with another, rarely used ability of the paladin's, one that only gets out of the box when those pesky plagues come around.

Unconquerable Faith
General Feat
Requirements: Remove Disease as a weekly class ability
You may use a weekly Remove Disease attempt to recieve the benefits of a Divine Power spell cast by a cleric of level equal to your paladin level.

Unfettered Faith
General Feat
You may use a weekly Remove Disease attempt to recieve the benefits of a Freedom of Movement spell cast by a cleric of level equal to your paladin level.

Unclouded Faith
General Feat
You may use a weekly Remove Disease attempt to recieve the benefits of a Divination spell cast by a cleric of level equal to your paladin level.

RANGER, MONK, AND BARBARIAN
I have a few ideas for these gentlemen, but right now I am very lazy and wish to hit post. I will write out these two later.

AREAS OF CONCERN
I don't have the Epic Handbook out in front of me, if somebody can note an Epic feat that Lord of War qualifies you for, that somebody just shouldn't have before 21st level, please, lemme know.

Omniplex
2006-04-24, 12:44 AM
AREAS OF CONCERN
I don't have the Epic Handbook out in front of me, if somebody can note an Epic feat that Lord of War qualifies you for, that somebody just shouldn't have before 21st level, please, lemme know.
Well, let's see. There's epic Toughness. that seems like a lot, but maybe I'm just being crazy. Storm of throws? Improved Manyshot? Improved Whirlwind Attack? The rest look fine, I guess.

hyenahyena
2006-04-24, 12:50 AM
Just as a vague idea, for bard, why not have a bardic ability that lets you heal 1 d6 hit dice for every level in bard you have? Maybe have a few prerequisites, X many ranks in heal + bab-X

but yeah, as it stands the melody of life seems to have potential to out do clerics, at least at lower levels. Though maybe im mistaken : )

bassline.
Much like roy said at one of the oots strips, the bard can do what he likes, cause i doubt he's going to have a severe impact on the battle anyhow.
2 songs at once? sure why not. I can't see that severely breaking anything.

also are these feats that you need to take? Cause im not sure id give up a feat as a paladin, just so i could get the freedom of movement spell, once a week

TBPBenni
2006-04-24, 01:23 AM
Omniplex -- Dire Charge is also a little problematic, but no more frightening than polymorphing into a creature with Pounce. Surprisingly, Dire Charge, Improved Whirlwind Attack, and Storm of Throws are about the same, but all require that the melee fighter get within range. In many cases this simply won't be possible. Improved Toughness is also immense. The only thing really balancing it is that Lord of War does nothing outside of allowing further feat progression, and that you're basically burning two feats to get one (two if you're a 20 classed fighter).

Hyena -- The reason why I decided not to do damage or healing per level, is because at 20th level, you would be dealing/healing 20d6 per round, basically keeping up with the clerics and wizards. Bards are not meant to do this, ever. =) I thought about it, though.

While Freedom of Movement isn't exactly amazing, it's no slouch in noncombat. You can move without a problem even if you're bound, gagged, stuck in a gelatinous cube, wrapped in a web, wrapped in another web, while the Tarrasque is sitting on your head, all at the same time, which has a little more application than "cure mumps 1/week."