PDA

View Full Version : Help With A New Anime Music Video Project

Foeofthelance
2009-06-06, 04:35 PM
So, I'm bored, and figured I'd start a new AMV project, maybe even one that's contest qualifiable. Except for the fact that I really have no ideas, but I'm open to suggestion! Any, song qualifies but animes need to be picked from the following list:

Berserk
Burst Angel
Black Lagoon
Coyote Ragtime Show
Daphne in the Brillian Blue
DNAngel
.hack//sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
Escaflowne
Ghost in the Shell/Stand Alone Complex/2nd GiG
Full Metal Panic
King of Beasts Go-Lion!
Gundam SEED/Destiny
Grenadier
Hellsing
Kite (Uncut)
Kite 2
Assorted Lupin the Third movies. (Castle Cagliostro, Dead or Alive, Secret of Nastrodameous)
Mezzo
Mezzoforte (Uncut)
Martian Successor Nadeisco
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Outlaw Star
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (Season 1)
Yu-Yu Hakusho (Up to the dark Tournament)
Witchblade

So, thoughts? Winners will get posted to Youtube, and hopefully not get pulled down!

UltraDude
2009-06-06, 05:21 PM
Something from the Lion King with Go-Lion! Or Masaaki Endoh's Go Go Power Rangers cover >_>

Iron Savior - Battering Ram could work with Outlaw Star for an action-oriented AMV.

I'll get back to you after I listen to some more music...

Nerd-o-rama
2009-06-06, 05:58 PM
Nadesico and something! It needs more publicity. Always.

UltraDude
2009-06-07, 08:14 AM
Yu Yu Hakusho + Dare by Metalium

Attilargh
2009-06-07, 09:06 AM
An obvious one: Ghost in the Shell + Bad Boys by Inner Circle.

Xallace
2009-06-07, 09:20 AM
I want to say...YuYu Hakusho + either the Ghostbusters theme or the X-Files theme.

Foeofthelance
2009-06-11, 10:25 AM
I'm going to do the Yu-Yu Hakusho/X-Files vid today, wish me luck!

darkblade
2009-06-11, 10:28 AM
Evangelion with Chop Suey! by System of a Down

UltraDude
2009-06-11, 10:37 PM
Evangelion with Chop Suey! by System of a Down

Ya know, the lyrics, crazy Serj vocals, and back and forth slow/energetic structure is great for Eva, but I bet it's been done. To. Death.

Sadly, a lot of the good ideas get taken fast.

Now, let's see Evangelion using Titans of our Time by Iron Savior.

darkblade
2009-06-12, 08:29 AM
Ya know, the lyrics, crazy Serj vocals, and back and forth slow/energetic structure is great for Eva, but I bet it's been done. To. Death.

It has been done a lot but best I can tell by browsing youtube never done well.

Mr.Silver
2009-06-12, 10:53 AM
I want to say...YuYu Hakusho + either the Ghostbusters theme.

This :smallwink:

Foeofthelance
2009-06-12, 09:53 PM

Define "Well". I've got a full day of nothing tomorrow, and the scent of challenge is in the air...

Brewdude
2009-06-12, 10:50 PM
Bodies hit the floor and Black Lagoon.

UltraDude
2009-06-13, 01:23 AM

I bet I could find at least one good one on animemusicvideos.org buuut don't feel like browsing through such a massive catalog any time soon.

darkblade
2009-06-13, 08:54 AM
Define "Well". I've got a full day of nothing tomorrow, and the scent of challenge is in the air...

At the very least attempting to have the clips match the lyrics. With all the angst, religious symbolism and parental issues of both the song and the anime it shouldn't be too hard I have yet to see one that managed to do anything more than pick random clips and throw them in at random points in the video but I have only searched youtube not animemusicvideo.org so maybe there are better out there.

Mr. Mud
2009-06-13, 09:12 AM
I'm not really affiliated with tons of anime... but may I suggest this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGIbRnRQjKU&NR=1). Maybe you could have it, such that whatever anime you pick, the protagonist has a friend mentor or father that died or something... Good song regardless :smalltongue:.

Foeofthelance
2009-06-13, 09:48 AM
I'm not really affiliated with tons of anime... but may I suggest this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGIbRnRQjKU&NR=1). Maybe you could have it, such that whatever anime you pick, the protagonist has a friend mentor or father that died or something... Good song regardless :smalltongue:.

Hmmm, actually, I might be able to do something with Gurren Lagann, or however its spelled. I always thought that the song as about two friends and the part where

Kamina dies

would be a good drop for this...

So, the current ideas are:

YuYu-Hakusho --- X-Files Theme
Neon Genesis Evangelion --- Chop Suey
TTGL --- Watching Over Me (Well, either that or the end of Berserk
King of Beasts Go Lion --- Something from the lion king, should I manage to get the songs from my brother.

Foeofthelance
2009-06-13, 03:23 PM
The first AMV is done, and can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s37Cx-27O_o

Mr.Silver
2009-06-13, 04:04 PM
:

YuYu-Hakusho --- X-Files Theme

Ghostbusters theme, as it would be funny. The X-files theme is really slow-paced with no vocals and would therefore suck- and you've already gone ahead and done it.

Oh well.

Foeofthelance
2009-06-13, 04:10 PM
Ghostbusters theme, as it would be funny. The X-files theme is really slow-paced with no vocals and would therefore suck- and you've already gone ahead and done it.

Oh well.

The GHostbuster's theme is waiting on my brother. He's got the larger music collection.

darkblade
2009-06-13, 04:14 PM
Having next to no familiarity with YuYu-Hakusho that seemed to come out a lot better than I thought it would.