PDA

View Full Version : Thurged Ur/suel

RagnaroksChosen
2009-06-08, 10:33 AM
Is it possible or worth thurging with mystic thurge or another thurge style class, to combine ur priest and sual arcanamach?

Seems like it would be good I meen by level 20 you would have 9th level spells form both wizard and cleric...

I'm sure this has probably been done but I couldn't find any posts any where.

Edit: Crap before i get flamed... I ment 5th level spells from Sual

Goatman_Ted
2009-06-08, 10:50 AM
Sure it can be done.
High Fortitude Class 5/Ur-Priest 3/Arcanamach 3/Mystic Theurge 7 does it easily.

You'll see it more often with classes like Nar Demonbinder or Sublime Chord, which do advance to high-level arcane spells. Arcanamach just doesn't pack the same puch.

edit:
As to being worthwhile, I'd probably pass on it. Ur-Priests already take a while to catch up to the normal casters (ECL 10 to match spell levels) and their main advantage is faster access to high level spells. Arcanamach doesn't actually add much with its restricted handful of low-level spells (cast off another stat to boot) and it slows down Ur-Priest advancement.

If you want to make it worthwhile: With Duskblade entry, there might be something to be gained by channeling Ur-Priest spells and cherrypicking Swift buffs from the Wizard list.
Your BAB might hurt, but you'll have Cleric buffs and you'll only need one attack per round.

ZeroNumerous
2009-06-08, 10:52 AM
Sure, but the question is: Do you want to? You could have just as easily used wizard, sorcerer, beguiler, warmage or your other arcane caster of choice.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-06-08, 02:04 PM
Sure it can be done.
High Fortitude Class 5/Ur-Priest 3/Arcanamach 3/Mystic Theurge 7 does it easily.

You'll see it more often with classes like Nar Demonbinder or Sublime Chord, which do advance to high-level arcane spells. Arcanamach just doesn't pack the same puch.

edit:
As to being worthwhile, I'd probably pass on it. Ur-Priests already take a while to catch up to the normal casters (ECL 10 to match spell levels) and their main advantage is faster access to high level spells. Arcanamach doesn't actually add much with its restricted handful of low-level spells (cast off another stat to boot) and it slows down Ur-Priest advancement.

If you want to make it worthwhile: With Duskblade entry, there might be something to be gained by channeling Ur-Priest spells and cherrypicking Swift buffs from the Wizard list.
Your BAB might hurt, but you'll have Cleric buffs and you'll only need one attack per round.

is nar deamonbinder out of FR?

Goatman_Ted
2009-06-08, 02:43 PM
is nar deamonbinder out of FR?

Yeah it's in Unapproachable East. And on the WotC web page (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030502a&page=2).

It's a seven-level bare-bones summoning class. It gets Greater Planar Ally at level 14, stacks CL with another casting class (with access to every Holy Word variant) and gets an Improved Familiar for free.

Since it doesn't have second level spells, it takes some trickery (Southern Magician or Arcane Disciple) to qualify for MT.

Chronos
2009-06-08, 09:48 PM
Man, I hope that's better-edited in the book, because as-is, it's a mess: Table 2-6 only gives them 6 levels of advancement, but then there's a table for spells known that goes to level 7. And then, despite the "spells known" table, their spell list says "Demonbinders know all spells on the following list.".