PDA

View Full Version : NWN - An Homage to Xykon - Help Wanted

FantomFang
2009-06-11, 02:56 PM
So I decided to install Neverwinter Nights again on my computer after a long time, and went through the long process of wading through Vista problems and CD Drive problems in order to play it, and in the process I decided I wanted to make the first character I play a certain Lich Sorcerer that we all know. The question I guess I have here is, what does Xykon have in the form of skills, feats, and stats, and such things? I want to do this properly, and have my NWN incarnation be as close as possible to the real thing (I even made a custom portrait with some awesome fanart I found). So here goes!

Current idea for stats (Will go from Lv1 to 40):

Xykon
Alignment - Chaotic Evil (I would guess)
Race - Human (I can take LA races for free, but he is a Human :smalltongue:)

Final levels - Sorcerer 30/Lich 10 (The lich is a template class I have in the game through a player mod, which provides 4 levels of lich prior to epic to represent the abilities of the standard lich, and 6 levels during epic play for demi0lich)
NOTE: Any prestige classes I might consider to fill this out? Might I consider giving Xykon levels in Archmage, or should I leave it as is?

Ability scores: 30 point buy, starting at 8 in each stat, so what would be the best spread? A few have come to mind:

10/14/12/10/8/18
12/14/14/10/10/16 -- What do you all thing the stat spread should be?

EDIT: I might be very well able to mod some of my stats ingame, if people think I need better stats to accurately represent him :smallsmile:

Skills:
Lore, Spellcraft, Concentration. Cross-class to social skills if i have extra skills points (persuade, bluff, etc.)

Feats:

(Greater) Spell Focus in both Evocation and Necromancy (+2, and +4 DC respectively in NWN)
(Greater) Spell Penetration (see spell focus, but for SR)
Corpecrafter (bonus HD and other goodies with created undead)
Craft Feats (not sure which, need to check what the game has, but I'll at least need it for his phylactery and soul gems)
Not sure on the rest, need some help with that.

So that's what I've got so far...any comments or opinions would be appreciated as to what his stats/skills/feats would be. And thanks to the giant for such a "fun" character to recreate! I might have to try and recreate members of the order for fun to run through modules after this :smallbiggrin:

woodenbandman
2009-06-11, 02:58 PM
He needs good INT, as we've all recently found out.

I get the feeling that Xykon is secretly a wizard with a LOT of divination magic.

Lapak
2009-06-11, 03:22 PM
He needs good INT, as we've all recently found out.

I get the feeling that Xykon is secretly a wizard with a LOT of divination magic.I got the impression that his INT was not so hot when he was human; the lich-bump gave him a significant push in that regard. What recent event indicates that he has a high INT? Most of his best strategies come from his subordinates.