PDA

View Full Version : Request: Sumo PrC (3.5)

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-06-12, 12:52 AM
So, I can build classes, items, and monsters pretty well, but the problem I usually have is balance. My item creations ten to work fine, but my classes tend to be overpowered and worthy only for one time use on NPCs and monsters.
So, I am coming to you, GiTP home brewers, could I possibly request help building a PrC based around the art of Sumo. It's always been a hobby of mine (I'm not too terribly over weight, I just love the art of toppling an opponent larger than yourself), and I want to implement a usable, and fun Sumo PrC for players to possibly use.

Basic necessities would of course require improved grapple, and I would like it accessible to more classes than just a monk, and possibly enterable(not a word, I know) at level 5 at minimum. The level 5 is of course flexible, but I would like it to be an option for multiple classes. If you cannot work it to work for non-monks that is okay, I have a friend whom loves to play monks and his options tend to be limited because he has a small spectrum of creativity. I think he would possibly love this.

Notes: In my game Monks do not qualify for monster feats, and I ike to keep power gaming at a minimum.

Roderick_BR
2009-06-12, 08:07 AM
I think you could use the Reaping Mauler Prc, since it's made for grappler builds.
For the large size, use the feat Jotunbrud from Forgotten Realms (allowing it for others races other than human, if needed) to get entry into it, and give a boost to grapples, since you count as a size larger, allowing you to grapple bigger enemies.

Yuki Akuma
2009-06-12, 08:15 AM
You'll need the ability to 'bull rush' without having to charge, because... that's really what sumo is all about, pushing each other around.

Oh, and Improved Unarmed Strike.

The Tygre
2009-06-12, 03:30 PM
Mongoose Publishing's 'Quintessential Monk' had an entire section on sumo wrestling and making it out of a variation of monk.