PDA

View Full Version : Two New Feats

Drakevarg
2009-06-14, 11:44 PM
Eh, why not? Wrote these two the other day cause I was bored. Thought I'd toss 'em out. I'm pretty sure you all know where I got them, and yes I know they're stupid. I just have nothing better to do.

New Feat: Three-Weapon Fighting [General]
Prerequisites: Dex 15, Two-Weapon Fighting
Benefit: You can wield a light or one-handed weapon in your mouth. This third weapon is treated like an off-hand weapon in terms of bonus attacks and attack roll penalties. However, while weilding a weapon in your mouth you cannot cast spells with verbal components. Finally, you recieve a -4 penalty against disarm attempts against your third weapon.
Normal: You cannot attack with a third weapon.

New Feat: Titan's Grip [General]
Prerequisite: Str 17
Benefit: You can wield any two-handed weapon you are proficient with in one hand. However, you only add the wielder's Strength bonus during damage rolls, as opposed to 1.5x the bonus as is normal for two-handed weapons. Also, you receive no bonus during disarm attempts, as opposed to the +4 normally granted by two-handed weaons.
Special: Using this feat works the same as having an Exotic Weapon Proficiency with a Bastard Sword in terms of holding it in one hand.

Kornaki
2009-06-15, 07:43 AM
You can wield a light or one-handed weapon in your mouth.

What

New Feat: Titan's Grip [General]
Prerequisite: Str 17
Benefit: You can wield any two-handed weapon you are proficient with in one hand. However, you only add the wielder's Strength bonus during damage rolls, as opposed to 1.5x the bonus as is normal for two-handed weapons. Also, you receive no bonus during disarm attempts, as opposed to the +4 normally granted by two-handed weaons.
Special: Using this feat works the same as having an Exotic Weapon Proficiency with a Bastard Sword in terms of holding it in one hand.

I think there's a feat called Monkey Grip or something similar that does this. It's a great concept

Cieyrin
2009-06-15, 11:56 AM
For Three-Weapon Fighting, you may want to look at this old thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71159

As for Titan's Grip and comparing it to Monkey Grip, Monkey Grip used to work that way back in 3.0. In 3.5, Monkey Grip lets you grab a weapon one size larger and swing it around at a penalty, which, if you look at escalating damage by size of weapon, is essentially what Monkey Grip used to, as a Large longsword does the same damage as a Medium greatsword, plus with less explanation. You can find it in Complete Warrior or just here (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Monkey_Grip,CW).

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

PumpkinEater
2009-06-15, 09:30 PM
You can wield a light or one-handed weapon in your mouth.

What

Roronoa Zolo from One Piece...

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww94/JaliscoMex_MT/RoronoaZoro.jpg

Kiren
2009-06-15, 09:49 PM
It must be hard to parry with a sword in your mouth.

There should be a penalty to attack rolls with a third weapon, increased penalty for the first two weapons, correct me if I am wrong. Normal: You cannot attack with a third weapon, Should be added.

lsfreak
2009-06-16, 02:23 PM
It would make... much more sense if that allowed you to instead attack with unarmed strikes, bootblades, or the like. Because if you're mouth is strong enough to hold a damned sword in it, you might as well just bite them.

Shinizak
2009-06-16, 02:31 PM
How about this:

Any time you hit with an attack from your third weapon, your jaw is instantly broken (DC to avoid= 10 + damage rolled + strength modifier + (Creature's DR)+ (etc.))

Do you see where I'm going with this?

MageSparrowhawk
2009-06-16, 03:22 PM
maybe just set a minimum strength score of like...19?

Shinizak
2009-06-16, 04:43 PM
The point just kinda went over your head, didn't it?

Kiren
2009-06-16, 10:22 PM
The point sounds like Ouch. Although in actuality your jaw would break, remember that this is fantasy, where a monk can punch metal armor without breaking his hands.

Cieyrin
2009-06-17, 12:33 PM
worrying about breaking your jaw makes this seem less worthwhile. this is fantasy, i don't want to worry about the physical impact on whatever is holding my weapons of choice upon using it to wreak bloody ruin upon my enemies, no matter how ridiculous I look doing so.

readsaboutd&d
2009-06-18, 05:32 AM
Actually, he can slice air to create a flying windblade and cut in half a wagon that cannonballs literally couldnt scratch. And he actually uses nine swords (http://www.volonte-d.com/techniques/images/zorro27.jpg).
Who wants to make a feat for that?

Cieyrin
2009-06-18, 10:45 AM
That, my friend, is the Multiweapon Fighting version of the feat at work. I don't know how you'd adjud the blades around his throat, though. That would be its own extension of the Three-Weapon Fighting chain (which would need a new name, as it's a misnomer at that point. Unusual Weapon Handling or something like that).

Drakevarg
2009-06-19, 11:48 PM
It would make... much more sense if that allowed you to instead attack with unarmed strikes, bootblades, or the like. Because if you're mouth is strong enough to hold a damned sword in it, you might as well just bite them.

Eh. I can hold a sword in my mouth. Not with any elegance, mind you, but I can.

Also, added your suggestion Kiren.

Roderick_BR
2009-06-20, 11:10 AM
How about this:

Any time you hit with an attack from your third weapon, your jaw is instantly broken (DC to avoid= 10 + damage rolled + strength modifier + (Creature's DR)+ (etc.))

Do you see where I'm going with this?
How many times Roronoa's jaw broke in One-Piece?

@Kornaki: You meant the old version of Monkey Grip. Since it was changed in 3.5, the OP proposed a new feat to work like the old MG.

Jane_Smith
2009-06-20, 02:08 PM
Also note that Hero's Arm was created before 3.5 in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 for the Ps2. It was the barbarians special ability, which roughly used dnd rules. (Roughly....) I use hero's arm instead of monkey grip in most of my games, especially when a player attempts to play a goliath or a bugbear >.>... BAD PLAYER! BAD COLLOSAL GREATSWORD USING PLAYER!

Foryn Gilnith
2009-06-20, 02:20 PM
It would make... much more sense if that allowed you to instead attack with unarmed strikes, bootblades, or the like.

I'd love to see a feat like this. Multiweapon wield two boot blades, two elbow blades, two knee blades, one spiked shield, one sword, one attack of armor spikes on your chain shirt, two sleeve blades...

iain62a
2009-06-20, 02:59 PM
I request a Titans Jaw feat.