PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on new Tonight Show, with Conan O'brien?

Erts
2009-06-15, 02:35 PM
Thoughts, opinions? Conan has taken over from Jay Leno, and is in his second week.

Any one watch it? What do you like? What don't you like?
Still funny? Never thought it was funny?
Etc.

chiasaur11
2009-06-15, 02:40 PM
It's Conan.

Saw a couple, liked em fine, but trying to go to sleep before 2 is making catching it uncommon.

But, it was all bbut guaranteed to be solid. It's Conan. Man made the Monorail episode of the Simpsons, and is thus granted status seldom afforded to mere mortals.

raitalin
2009-06-16, 04:19 PM
Yep, I think he's stayed pretty true to the humor and tone of his old show. Except that he's replaced New York references with LA ones. An excellent move in my book, especially since I never found Leno funny at all.

Jimmy Fallon, OTOH, I don't think is going to make it. He just seems so uncomfortable and nervous, even when he's dealing with people from SNL.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-16, 04:23 PM
Jimmy Fallon has never been funny in his life, nor as Conan really. Really miss Leno. The end of an age.

Muz
2009-06-16, 04:24 PM
Is Andy still behind that podium? (It annoys me, I wish it to go 'way. ...The podium, not Andy.) Otherwise, I liked what I saw so far, but I've only seen the premiere night.

Zarah
2009-06-16, 04:29 PM
You're all wrong. Everyone knows that Craig Ferguson is the King of Late Night Television. He said so himself.

Oh, and he's also been elected President of Iran.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-16, 04:40 PM
You're all wrong. Everyone knows that Craig Ferguson is the King of Late Night Television. He said so himself.

Oh, and he's also been elected President of Iran.

Oh, I forgot about him. Well, +1 to this then.

chiasaur11
2009-06-16, 05:18 PM
Jimmy Fallon has never been funny in his life, nor as Conan really. Really miss Leno. The end of an age.

You didn't like the Monorail episode of the Simpsons?

What are you, a communist?

JaxGaret
2009-06-19, 02:25 PM
Jimmy Fallon has never been funny in his life

Truth. He is a very likable guy, though. That's his shtick.

, nor as Conan really.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

raitalin
2009-06-19, 03:04 PM
Jimmy Fallon was funny when he was ruining sketches on SNL by not being able to stop laughing.

While thinking Conan isn't funny is somewhat strange in my mind what is really odd to me is that someone, somewhere thought Leno was funny. That cornball hack should've stuck to selling Doritoes.

Neko Toast
2009-06-19, 03:07 PM
Hm. I haven't seen Conan's show just yet. I'll keep an open mind about it.

I do know that I never liked Leno. When my parents did watch late night talk shows, we watched David Letterman. I thought he was funny.