PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Twig (Evil Party)

tynger1234
2009-06-15, 05:13 PM
DM
This story starts at a camp site, the cult of the Erkekjetter has sent out a small group to serve as a raiding party to help "collect" more funds. The group consists of a half dragon, a gnoll, a goblin cleric of the dark one, a beguiler, a drow, and an elf. The Goblin was made leader of the group due to his wisdom, and a mind for tactics. They are all sitting by a camp fire off to the side of a small trading road, far enough out of a town that no-one will be able to notice if a trader is "late" for a shipment. Everyone but the Half-Dragon is asleep at the moment.

Player

Calack is slowly patrolling the outside of the camp. He does'nt seem to be paying much attention to the group behind him.

Draxonicar
2009-06-15, 06:47 PM
A shadow leers out of the tree canopy, a strange cackling voice echoes from the treetops "My my...you look very tasty..hmmm...would be too bland..the spiky bits would give me indigestion...Name's Blackfang. He says as he Levitates above the ground over to the half-dragon, doing so he shifts from his wolf form, suited for creeping, to his goblin form, and as the fur recedes, his hairy squat form is covered in a black cloak, covering his face and with tiny green eyes poking out. at his waste is a small pouch containing various bones and a dagger.

Oh don't be so alarmed, never seen a shapeshifter, let alone a Barghest, have you?

Well, I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say, your lifeforce would be an excellent appetizer for the main course He beckons out to the resting group But I suppose I shouldnt eat you just yet, so, tell me what plans you have out here, as you can see He gestures to his floating form I have some "special" abilities at my disposal. If you wish, and if the task intrigues me, I could join you. If not, you can always be a tasty snack. Think it over, I'll be here at twilight tomorrow. saying so, he floats back to the trees and observes the going on of the camp

for sake of simplicity, I didnt roll the DC 14 test for levitation, in the future if you wish I will, but I find this more dramatic :smallredface:

tynger1234
2009-06-15, 08:12 PM
As blackfang hovers into the trees Calack glares at him. Watching each movement that the strange wolf like creature makes.If you truly have some worth while skills other than levitation and illusion, why don't you come down here and help me with my watch over my group.
Calack then gestures the Barghest down to beside him

Draxonicar
2009-06-16, 08:26 AM
Illusion he sneers. How illusory does THIS feel! He jumps from the treetops and midair shifts to wolf form and pounces on top of the half-dragon NOW. He growls What do you think of THIS Illusion Saying so he reverts to his natural form, sitting on his hind legs, looking like a vaguely humanoid wolf with goblin features. and claws for forepaws

Fine... I'll take first watch. you can trust me, otherwise you would be lying in a puddle of blood With that, he gets up and walks over to a tree and scrambles up it, and freezes his gaze upon the camp and surrounding area

my avatar looks like natural form and I get +11 to spot/listen

tynger1234
2009-06-16, 02:06 PM
With the Barghest off of him Calack gets up off the ground sneering at the Barghest again for his display of abilities. Calack then cautiously walks back near the center of the camp and goes over to Grak'als bedroll giving him a light kick in the nose.Its your shift now. He then whispersTheres a wolf thing in the tree over there.slightly nodding towards blackfang. Calack then goes over to his bedroll.

PS, I think this would be a pretty cool idea of what what blackfang would look like
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/caresaboutcreature/stevewang393106.jpg

Draxonicar
2009-06-16, 07:34 PM
The barghest yells from the trees "I Can Hear You!!! +11 to listen checks! His cover blown, he drops down from the trees to greet the new arrival. Hello, It sems your friend has alerted my presence to you. Oh well, I'm not really hungry...say....whats your Hit Dice...HAHA, just kidding So, who's taking first watch? he asks, seemingly oblivious the oddness of a random creature walking into a camp and offering to take watch

if anyone attacks me, I'll roll to dimension door out of there

THAT. IS. AN . AWESOME. PICTURE

SO much better than this: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG22b.jpg

Night Monkey
2009-06-16, 07:52 PM
Grak'al opens his eyes, and starts to take in the scene. There is a stranger in the camp, whose presence the half-dragon appears to have tolerated. Grak'al has less patience for strangers. "What in the Hells brought you here, creature?" he grunts, picking up his halberd from under his bedroll, where it had lain under his neck. He holds it partially pointed at the newcomer in a defensive posture, his wolfish eyes glaring in the same direction. "My character build is none of your business, but your unexpected arrival is mine. Tell me why it isn't in my best interests to gut you for every experience point your beastly hide is worth!"

Draxonicar
2009-06-16, 08:04 PM
Grak'al opens his eyes, and starts to take in the scene. There is a stranger in the camp, whose presence the half-dragon appears to have tolerated. Grak'al has less patience for strangers. "What in the Hells brought you here, creature?" he grunts, picking up his halberd from under his bedroll, where it had lain under his neck. He holds it partially pointed at the newcomer in a defensive posture, his wolfish eyes glaring in the same direction. "My character build is none of your business, but your unexpected arrival is mine. Tell me why it isn't in my best interests to gut you for every experience point your beastly hide is worth!"

Because of this He calmly states, with a friendly smile he casts Charm Monster and hovers above the Gnoll, speaking in a hushed voice. That dragon over there called you a hairy, nose-licking buffoon, doesn't that make you ANGRY? It does to me, I think you should do something about it.

Sorry 'bout this, but hey, you threatened an outsider with lethal force, and I DON'T think a gnoll fighters charisma is very good, but I'm sure calack's is. I mean, a gnoll? you'd fail pretty much any charisma based check. anyway, don't threaten in the future, and I won't do this. I'm trying to join this shindig, yunno? Oh, and, as before, if the spell fails and he attacks, I'm outta here dimension door style, if it does fail but he, for some reason, isn't threatend enough to attack, i'll cast blink and travel over to the trees again

tynger1234
2009-06-16, 08:21 PM
Charisma based means that as a caster you use your Charisma modifier +10 as the DC. Grak'al only has a will +1 (goody for me) so he is almost gaurenteed to fail.Don't listen to his lies, when I insult someone I atleast have the decency to say it to their face. Calack then unsheives his swordand readys incase Grak'al advances on him.Now, we're both nothing if not Lawfully alligned so I give you this, If you attack me and kill me then you will be the only one here to protect the rest of our group. This means you will be the only one infront and in combat and you will need to pull all-nighter shifts to keep your allies alive. Calack then tells him this. Who do you trust more, me or him. and Calack points at the Barghest.

your not the only one who spent points in listen, and i'm about 10ft. away right now so whispering wont do much

Draxonicar
2009-06-16, 08:24 PM
K, my charisma is 14, and since you're obviously interested in fighting (who wouldnt?) contenders, FIGHT! (now if only there were a "conjure popcorn" spell..how did those roaches get it...)

This sort of thing doesn't happen in the good party!

Night Monkey
2009-06-16, 08:35 PM
My will save bonus is +1, I reckon I'd fail that save

Falling under the subtle influence of the Barghest's spell, Grak'al's military-drilled instincts of paranoia and hostility fall away. (Perhaps this creature isn't all bad after all,) he thinks to himself. (It's presence is very... calming, and that fur is just fabulous, I wonder if it uses something to give it that stylish look? Perhaps if I just do what it says, it'll let me in on the secret...) Being told of the offensive things his companion had said of him, Grak'al is angered, but does nothing more than leer at the half-dragon, for striking a comrade would go against his nature. Wondering how best to impress the delightful stranger, Grak'al decides to engage it in the one topic of conversation he knows; battle.

"So, friend. How many have you slain in combat? My halberd has tasted the blood of 241 foes in my lifetime, I count each one. Did you know I have 4 hit die? I also have the Spinning Halberd feat, that's from the Complete Warrior." At this, Grak'al raises his head proudly, reflecting on how he had carefully optimised his feat choices, and how the creature beside him might be in awe of his tactical prowess.

tynger1234
2009-06-16, 09:03 PM
Nice feat choice, I'm planning on getting eyes in the back of your head to get rid of those pesky flankers. Could be something for you to look at too. Calack quickly noticing that the attention was drawn off of him now trys to join in on the new conversation that Grak'al started with the Barghest.

Pyron
2009-06-16, 11:18 PM
Lenore woke from her slumber at a very peculiar sight. The half-dragon and gnoll is taking to a wolf? An ugly looking mutt.. more like a crossbreed of a wolf and mud. Pulling herself to a knee she conjured rousing energy to her other comrades [ie: rouse] to help wake them from their slumber.

Lenora steps over to Calack; everyone seemed to be in a stand-off. But, nothing seemed out of the ordinary, well, aside from the random encounter.

“Who invited Scrappy Doo?”

Sense Motive to detect the enchantment: [roll0]

Draxonicar
2009-06-17, 06:26 AM
Impresssive, I have a natural 17 strength and 15 dexterity. I also have many spell like abilitys, among them....Charm monster, which, my friend, you are under. The barghest breaks the spell at that

Sorry, about that, but that mage over there He gestures to lenore She met with me while you were sleeping and put me up to it

knighttp01
2009-06-17, 08:02 AM
Ka'randoor rises from his slumber I'm sure there is a good reason for this...

I havent technically chose spells yet, i was going to do that IC, som I'm just going to assume I have my full quota of 0-level cleric spells

He looks at the Barghest, who seems to be causing trouble and with a wave of his hand casts Light on its backback

Just so we always know where you are.

Now would you kindly tell me whats going on?!

Draxonicar
2009-06-17, 08:15 AM
Eh heheheh....Nothing much, really, I came down here and started chatting with Calack, then that gnoll over there got a little rowdy, so I charmed him so he would leave me alone, got a bit mischievous so I told him that calack insulted him, but hitting him is sadly against his nature, so I removed the charm and told him lenore put me up to it. Pretty normal behavior for an evil outsider, really At that, the barghest levitates and begins whistling to himself, amused at the others reactions

tynger1234
2009-06-17, 04:24 PM
Are you going to leave us alone so we can get some sleep or are you just going to harass us until we or you die?Calack then starts taking off his armor to get some rest.

Pyron
2009-06-17, 05:15 PM
Lenore rolled her eyes. This mutt is a sad, sad little animal without the adorable eyes.

"You're a terrible lair, puppy."* She snickered. "Maybe someone should throw you some scraps."

OOC:

FYI: Blackfang's little back story about meeting Lenore earlier is false. He forgot to roll the Bluff check, it's safe to say that the DC is 0.

Unless, Draxonicar actually wants to insist that the two characters did meet. But I never agreed to that, and it would be bad form for him to take control of another character's action without their permission. Nature abhors god modding. :smallyuk:

smuchmuch
2009-06-17, 05:47 PM
Tenetius is walking buy from nearby bushes

"Sorry I was at the little elf room. What's the noise all about ?"

He takes a look at the hovering whilsting stranger. his eyed widden in astonishement as his brain is checking his "knowledge(monster)" skill.

"Is that a Barghest ?! A soul feeding demon from the blackest pit of the abyss ?!"

"Cool ! I never saw one before. Can we keep him* ?"

*Because you can have 17 INT and still ask incredibely stupid things thanks to a low wisdom score.

Draxonicar
2009-06-18, 07:07 AM
Ahh...ofcourse.....man...and I get a +11 to bluff, too...

Finally! somebody who knows what he's talking about!

The barghest lowers himself to the ground and shifts into a goblin to shake the elve's hand I dunno, you'd have to ask your leader about it. If not, I'll go sulk in a corner and cry about how noone loves me. He then shifts into a wolf and begins whimpering softly with his ears behind his head

I'll make a diplomacy check at +6 to convince them I'm harmless and want to join them and put on my puppy dog face "awwwww I wanna keep him" so they'll take me in

knighttp01
2009-06-18, 10:08 AM
[roll0] here goes my +6 will save woop
i do believe I beat it since you did not post your roll

Look im getting quite annoyed with you, leave us so we can sleep

With that Ka'randoor goes back and prays to his god for his new spells.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=128714 now with spell choices for today

He smiles as the Dark One grants hime new spells and returns to bed, with a turning shot to the Barghest he says

You are lucky I dont get Dismissal until next level

tynger1234
2009-06-18, 11:01 AM
Calack notices the voice of reason from ka'randoor and finally goes to bed hoping that the Barghest will have left by morning.

OOC: you got to remember your rolls for your barghest, it doesnt matter when you have a +13 to a skill if you never actually roll on it

Draxonicar
2009-06-18, 11:23 AM
argh..can't roll right..

whoops

Draxonicar
2009-06-18, 11:25 AM
[spoiler] here I go for rolling [roll0]

Pyron
2009-06-18, 11:36 PM
"Good night, Benji." Lenora said to the barghast, and laid back down on their bedroll. "Some of us have work in the morning!"

Her mind became restless,

"Wait a minute, what are we really waiting for?" She sat back up, and looked towards the sky as if she tried to place it under her dominating gaze, "Ahem (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0155.html)... the next morning!"

I figured we should fast forward since everyone's been introduced. Although, it's your call if you want to move forward..

smuchmuch
2009-06-18, 11:38 PM
"Hey somme of us do need the 8 hours to prepare their spells, you know ?"

Pyron
2009-06-18, 11:47 PM
"You're not familiar the concept of story transitions are you, Spock?"

tynger1234
2009-06-19, 06:16 AM
Yeah we can fast forward to the morning as long as the barghest did'nt kill us in our sleep we would have made it into the morning.

Draxonicar
2009-06-19, 06:09 PM
Yeah we can fast forward to the morning as long as the barghest did'nt kill us in our sleep we would have made it into the morning.

Which I won't!.. Honestly..can't I join a group of evil adventurers without them thinking of me killing them in their slee- Actually, I can see where your going....But I still wouldn't!....taint gives me indigestion

wait, are we using the rules for taint in HoH?

knighttp01
2009-06-20, 02:50 AM
We have no need for you in our party, we are a fully rounded party, currently at a Combat Rating to provide a stiff challenge for the Good party, with you in our party we would become too strong.

I mean you have a Level Adjustment higher than our starting levels plus apparentally some class levels, so whats with that?

Draxonicar
2009-06-20, 09:01 AM
well.....I can be a sidekick! He then pulls out an OOTS strip containing the demon roaches I could be like one of them! Come on, give me a chance I won't break the plot and will provide comedic relief to the otherwise serious group we have gathered here! Besides, I tell great jokes.

A fighter walks into a tavern, when asked if he likes mutton, he replied "sword of"

since we're all breaking the fourth wall here..,. And yes, I DID steal that joke from the complete adventurer ( I think thats the book the entrtainer type class is in..)

knighttp01
2009-06-20, 11:13 AM
Fine just dont get in my way, stick to the back, I'm sure we can find something to do with you, for the moment be quiet.

With that he turns from the Barghest and adresses the party

Well we should move on. I want to know if there is any villages nearby, I think its high time we got some fresh... supplies...

Pyron
2009-06-20, 03:23 PM
"A sidekick, huh?" Lenora mused... "Just what we need, a wise cracking animal to tag along. Although, your material is not that bad so I'll help you out."

She pulls out a copy of Savage Species and tosses it to Blackfang. "Why don't you look at the Barghast class.... but stay away from the Feral template."

After tossing the book to the mutt, she turned towards the pink cloaked goblin. "We're not far from a road that's a popular trading route between two villages. I thought the plan was to whack a caravan."

knighttp01
2009-06-20, 04:12 PM
WHack a caravan, raze a village same difference. Caravan beating will be easier of course.

Night Monkey
2009-06-20, 04:19 PM
Shaking off the effects of the spell, and disoriented by the sudden transition to morning, Grak'al emits a low growl. Seeing that the party is unlikely to deliver to the Barghest the kind of Lawful Evil justice he is sorely tempted to dish out, he stalks off to find a good sized stone on which to sharpen his halberd. He leaves the remainder of the party to decide on their next course of action, too embarrassed by recent events to speak up.
"By the will of Asmodeus, give me the patience to endure the presence of this accursed beast, lest he make me test my steel against his damage reduction."

smuchmuch
2009-06-20, 04:21 PM
Tenetius looks uneasily at the newly rised dawn.
Okay I understand how that can be convenient naratively but this is going to be a pain on my biochemical system.
To no one in particular:
By the way aren't we supposed to have a drow rogue somewhere ? I didn't see her from the "night".

He shrugs then walks to Pinkcloack.
"I'm going to prepare my spells, do you have a particular strategy in mind and want me to take something particular or do I keep the habitual "deep fried" mix?"

Nixie Face
2009-06-20, 04:24 PM
"Who turned on the light?"

The drow is the last to awaken. The morning glare hammers against her skull until she summons the resilience she learnt to survive above ground.

"Why do we have to travel in the day? We're the evil party, it'd be atmospheric to travel at night. Or do some of us not have darkvision? Surface whelps."

She pulls her sleeping bag over her eyes to try and shut out the hated sunlight for just a minute longer.

knighttp01
2009-06-20, 04:28 PM
I like fried Good/Neutral Humanoid in the morning

Turning to the drow with a little sneer

You really think that caravans are going to travel at night when there are far worse things than us out there, little do they know we will be waiting during the day when they least expect it....

So pull yourself together and grather your stuff, we are going on a trader hunt

With that he gathers together his gear and pulls out the morningstar and waits for everyone to be ready

tynger1234
2009-06-20, 09:41 PM
Yay, we get to pillage and loot.... just as a side note i'm not allowed to attack any surprised or flanked opponents so leaping out and killing them in one round is something i'm not allowed to do without losing most of my knight abilities
After Calack states this he gives his advice on a different tactic
How about me and Grakal charge out out in a screaming frenzy alerting everybody while the rest of you guys sneak around and get free surprise attacks

DM

ok, it's time for the first encounter. Everybody make a listen check DC15

I'm just going to use this for my rolling, you guys can too.
D&D dice roller (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm)

Calack's listen check, d20+3 = 14

knighttp01
2009-06-21, 02:56 AM
Ka'randoor smiles slightly

Sounds like fun.

+3 bonus

smuchmuch
2009-06-21, 03:23 AM
Listen check [roll0]

Spells for the day while we're at it:
1)
-Greasse
-Magic missile
-Burning hands
-Mage armor
2)
Invisibility
Scorching ray (2)
3)
Fireball
Lightning bolt

Nixie Face
2009-06-21, 07:59 AM
I reckon I get a -2 circumstance penalty because I'm trying to block out the world

[roll0]

No modifier

Draxonicar
2009-06-21, 08:07 AM
[roll0] Hearing the news, the barghest changes into his natural form and listens intently

Night Monkey
2009-06-21, 08:45 AM
[roll0]

Knowing my luck, this could be the first of many natural 1s that get rolled by me in this game.

Draxonicar
2009-06-21, 10:03 AM
[roll0]

Knowing my luck, this could be the first of many natural 1s that get rolled by me in this game.

OR it could be a 24..

Pyron
2009-06-21, 12:13 PM
“Not too bad,” Lenora thought, “We can certainly identify any guards or adventures when they charge Cal and Grak. When they bunch up we can paint targets on their ass and drop smoke*”

(*By that, she means cast spells like glitter dust / fairy fire followed by fog cloud / obsuring mist to take advantage of the concealment. I'm sure she would had mentioned that tactic to the group in detail, so I see no need to explain it in depth.)

Listen: [roll0]

OOC
You're not even going to look at the Savage Species book, are you, BlackFang?

Pyron
2009-06-21, 12:18 PM

"Darn, my dice fell off the table."
[roll0]

Draxonicar
2009-06-21, 12:44 PM
“Not too bad,” Lenora thought, “We can certainly identify any guards or adventures when they charge Cal and Grak. When they bunch up we can paint targets on their ass and drop smoke*”

(*By that, she means cast spells like glitter dust / fairy fire followed by fog cloud / obsuring mist to take advantage of the concealment. I'm sure she would had mentioned that tactic to the group in detail, so I see no need to explain it in depth.)

OOC
You're not even going to look at the Savage Species book, are you, BlackFang?

I don't have a copy of it at my house >.> I got the barghest stats etc from SRD. only books I have are fiendish codex, heroes of horror, MM 3.5 , players handbooks 1&2 complete adventurer, arcane and warrior...

tynger1234
2009-06-21, 12:49 PM
ok, so Grakal, Karandoor, Lenore, and Blackfang all heard it.

From the road that everyone is camped along you hear what soundss like a pair of horses pulling a cart, and a small group of people probably between 5-10 people. Grakal (because he rolled a 24) guesses that they are about 50ft. away.

What is everybody doing?

Draxonicar
2009-06-21, 01:40 PM
Blackfang turns into a wolf, and tries to sneak into the underbrush to get a better view. once he spots them, he will report his findings to the group move silently[roll0] and hide (I get a +4 circumstance bonus as a wolf on top of my +11) [roll1]

tynger1234
2009-06-21, 03:21 PM
Blackfang sees a small cart with a tarp over it, kinda like out of old western movies. The cart is being pulled by two horses and driven by what you think is a trader. around the cart are a group of seven people, six of them in splint armor and one in full plate. the ones wearing splint are carrying longspears while the one in plate is carrying a greatsword. When the cart passes by from your hiding spot you see a person wearing leather armor and holy robes to pelor sitting in the back of the cart.

none of them are even paying attention to you.

Draxonicar
2009-06-21, 05:47 PM
Seeing the holy man and armored guards, he slinks back into the underbrush and reports his findings (# of guards, equipment, the holy man etc, everything of note) to the group

Pyron
2009-06-21, 08:13 PM
Lenora
“Bullet time.”

While the scrappy wolf sneaked off, Lenore muttered a soft incantation. “Haste”*. For a brief second: Lenora, Grakal, Calack, Varah'na, and Pinkcloak could almost see the mental impression of a fast moving stop watch before a surge of adrenaline coursed into through veins.

She then nodded to the hyena pikeman and blue scales to spring the attack.

OOC: If you're wondering how a fifth level Beguiler can cast a 3rd level spell. Two words: Versatile Spell caster. Lenora burns two 2nd level spells and it can only affect five people for 5 rounds.

knighttp01
2009-06-22, 02:10 AM
Pinkcloak moves silently round the flanks and waits for the attack to begin.

[roll0]+8

Night Monkey
2009-06-22, 07:28 PM
Utilising the increased alacrity of the Haste spell, Grak'al straps on his armour. He stalks towards the target, ready to prove himself in battle after his humiliation.

I'll get the penalty for hastily donned armour I think.

Roll for initiative is [roll0].

tynger1234
2009-06-22, 08:29 PM
No, putting on armor would go along with the transition into morning. Everyone has their armor on (if any). This will also be a surprise round because no one in the caravan was expecting to be attacked.

Calack picks up his sword and shield and follows Grakal into combat.

current positions(the camp is'nt on the map)
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Pyron
2009-06-22, 08:58 PM
Lenora

I'll assume that casting Haste was my surprise action.

Initiative
[roll0]

smuchmuch
2009-06-22, 09:06 PM
Tenetius take position way back, slightly on the right.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Draxonicar
2009-06-23, 06:56 AM
As soon as the 2 combatants engage, blackfang will levitate above the ground in his natural form and will attempt to cast crushing despair on them all (dc 16)

Nixie Face
2009-06-23, 07:48 AM
Varah'na grabs and loads her hand crossbow. She darts into a shadow behind Ka'randoor, preparing to launch a suprise strike.

Initiative roll: [roll0]

tynger1234
2009-06-23, 09:21 AM
ok, the surprise round is over. I still need Blackfangs Init.
heres mine,

d20+2=21

the rest

Cleric: -1 mod
fighters: +1 mod
leader: +1 mod

15 + mods= 14 ,16, 16

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Draxonicar
2009-06-23, 03:27 PM
Ok, my dex bonus is +2, so 17, I guess

(just to make it clear, I will cast Crushing Despair (dc 16) ON THe ENEMIES, not my alllies, however fun it would be)

tynger1234
2009-06-23, 04:01 PM
Here are the initiatives

Calack 21
Tenetius 19
Blackfang 17
Lenore 16
fighters 16
cleric 14
Varanah 10
Karandoor 8
Grakal 5

I went first, I use a knight's challenge on the leader and charge him

I rolled a 9 on the d20, +12 =21 so I hit. Irolled a 4 on damage +10 = 14dmg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Draxonicar
2009-06-23, 05:46 PM
errm...4+10 is 14..not 15..unless you are counting another modifier aswell
Hahaha...this will be fun! Saying that he begins to lift off the ground, waiting for his turn to play.. gleefully awaiting the lifeforce the bodies will have for him to snack on
If blackfang is forced to choose a specific target (which at this rate I probably will, no way in hell I'll hit em all...) He will target the closest fighter and move to engage for the spell (crushing despair DC 16).. he will then, after it works or not, dart about distracting them (in his natural form, it seems more unnerving for something like that to fly through the air above you screeching) unless one pulls out a magic weapon, then he casts blink and will move away.Also, like a monk, as a ninja I get to add my wisdom modifier (+2) to my AC of 18 (plus DR of 5) if anyone starts casting a spell at me, I'll stop whatever I'm doing and blink out of there, no way I'm dying now....stupid no outsider ressurections... will make for interesting RP though, with me forced between risking my own hide to help them.... and please...PLEASE make an OOC so I can stop putting this stuff in my post

smuchmuch
2009-06-23, 06:58 PM
Tenetius uses his movement action to get a clear line of sight at the caravan, partculary the cleric if he can. He then proceed to fireball the crap out off them with his standart action.

Damage:[roll0]

Pyron
2009-06-23, 07:02 PM
Lenora

Lenora will delay until after the good guys make their move.

tynger1234
2009-06-24, 11:53 AM
ok the 4 back fighters and the cleric need to make ref saves against the fireball
fighters all +1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

cleric +0
[roll4]

I think everyone failed, the fighters are wasted and cleric is badly hurt

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Draxonicar
2009-06-24, 04:32 PM
Ok, since not much is happening now that fighters died, blackfang will float in and engage the cleric in hand to hand combat (bite+9, 1d6+3 dmg) (should I roll or do you want to?)

Pyron
2009-06-24, 04:49 PM
Ok, since not much is happening now that fighters died, blackfang will float in and engage the cleric in hand to hand combat (bite+9, 1d6+3 dmg) (should I roll or do you want to?)

Levitate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/levitate.htm)

Levitate allows you to move yourself, another creature, or an object up and down as you wish. A creature must be willing to be levitated, and an object must be unattended or possessed by a willing creature. You can mentally direct the recipient to move up or down as much as 20 feet each round; doing so is a move action. You cannot move the recipient horizontally, but the recipient could clamber along the face of a cliff, for example, or push against a ceiling to move laterally (generally at half its base land speed).

Morbo
"Levitate does not work like that!" :smallbiggrin:

Draxonicar
2009-06-24, 05:08 PM
Then he will RUN towards the cleric and fight in hand to hand then.....

tynger1234
2009-06-24, 05:32 PM
ok, roll for your attack and damage incase you hit the target

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Pyron
2009-06-24, 05:37 PM
Then he will RUN towards the cleric and fight in hand to hand then.....

(( Aww, I think'll be funny to see him run in place midair being comedy relief and all...

Isn't BlackFang is still in midair and levitating? Keep in mind, it takes another standard action dismiss a spell or spell-like ability. ))

Anyway, I'll direct your attention here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6359701#post6359701).

knighttp01
2009-06-25, 02:39 AM
ooc: apologies but it would still appear to be round 1 so my go? :ooc

Ka'randoor watches the action unfold before him, Might as well get involved he thinks

Using his crossbow he fires on the leader
[roll0] +5

knighttp01
2009-06-25, 02:43 AM
apologies for double post, but since cant add new dice rolls in edit...

crit confirmation: [roll0]
damage before crit: [roll1]

thus overall damage = 10

Nixie Face
2009-06-25, 06:48 AM
I was hidden but forgot to make a hide check

[roll0]

Am I seen?

Draxonicar
2009-06-25, 07:15 AM
DMG:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]

tynger1234
2009-06-25, 07:38 AM
ok, Blackfang hit dealing 8 to the cleric and karandoor confirmed his critical on the leader for 10.

Both are getting beat up pretty bad, but now it's their turn.

The leader attacks Calack with his greatsword
[roll0] +9 to hit an AC24
if hit [roll1] +5

And the cleric went after him so

The cleric withdraws from Blackfang to do a cure moderate wounds on himself.
[roll2] +5

tynger1234
2009-06-25, 07:40 AM
sorry about the double post but I need to confirm the leaders crit... on myself... probably getting rid of the rage after Karandoor crit him

[roll0]

WOOT he rolled a one!!!

tynger1234
2009-06-25, 07:46 AM
now the other 2 fighters

F1 goes to help the cleric using 2 move actions to within Blackfangs reach
and F2 charges the gnoll who is just in reach of his long spear.

[roll0] +3 +2 for charging

if hit (probably not going to) [roll1] +3

sorry for triple posting, it's lenora's turn now

The guy rolled a 1, he is only level 1 so im going to say that he accidentaly threw the spear at Grak'al and is now unarmed. YAY
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Pyron
2009-06-25, 03:14 PM
Lenora

"I think you'll be better as one of them silent monk type. Monk as priest not the class. Silence!"

Standard Action: Lenora will cast Silence on the Cleric. (Will Save DC: 16)
Move: Action: She'll move up near K and V (so I can see her on the map).

tynger1234
2009-06-25, 05:53 PM
k, the cleric has a +7 will so it should'nt be too hard
[roll0]

and last but not least grak'al's turn

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Night Monkey
2009-06-25, 06:21 PM
Doesn't the Drow go before me?

Draxonicar
2009-06-25, 06:33 PM
Well...this is just GREAT....hmmmmm..........I've got an Idea Blackfang casts levitate, and when able will fly into the air as high as he can (20ft or so) and shout CANNONBALL as he drops onto the fighter as he dispels the effect,claws outstretched as he makes a grapple check to pin the fighter down ( I get a +9 to grapples, for the record)

tynger1234
2009-06-25, 06:36 PM
Doesn't the Drow go before me?

sorry, missed her. Thanks for pointing that out for me

Draxonicar
2009-06-25, 06:45 PM
Why aren't people in the good thread rolling for DMG, to hit, ETC?

Pyron
2009-06-25, 09:29 PM
k, the cleric has a +7 will so it should'nt be too hard
[roll0]

(( Is that 13, with or without the modifier? ))

"Pelor sucks!"
Lenora is not sure if the spell worked, but either way the line fits.

tynger1234
2009-06-26, 12:45 PM
he passed his save, it ended up a 20. Thats what you get when you try a will save on a cleric.

Nixie Face
2009-06-26, 03:26 PM
Varah'na takes aim at the cleric with her crossbow, deciding to blame Pelor's servant personally for the terrible sunlight.

"OLIST THRITYH, ELG'CARESS"

Roll to hit is [roll0]

If I hit the sneak attack hand crossbow does [roll1] plus [roll2] damage.

Nixie Face
2009-06-26, 03:28 PM
"Xal Lolth cha'kohk dos lu' dosst Yah, fa'la zatoasten!"

Draxonicar
2009-06-26, 04:18 PM
since It seems tynger is away, i'll roll for the grapple etc on the forum

Grapple Check[roll0]

tynger1234
2009-06-26, 04:42 PM
grak'al still has'nt gone yet. It's nowhere near your turn anyway so why are you rolling for your grapple?

Draxonicar
2009-06-26, 06:27 PM
grak'al still has'nt gone yet. It's nowhere near your turn anyway so why are you rolling for your grapple?

Because I'm forgetful and may not check the thread for days :redface:.......

Night Monkey
2009-06-27, 12:30 PM
"CHAAAAAAAARGE!" Grak'al roars, half warcry, half wolfish howl. He runs towards the Cleric and attempts to gut the foolish sun-worshipper on the end of his pointy pointy stick.

[roll0] to hit. [roll1] to damage.

tynger1234
2009-06-27, 01:48 PM
You wont be able to make it to the cleric but I will allow you to use that attack and damage on either the fighter, leader, or merchant.

I'll be using last rounds initiative order just to keep things simple.

Draxonicar
2009-06-27, 03:34 PM
As blackfang descends on the fighter he says I'd help calack with the leader, me and mister fighter here have a little bit of discussion to do..mainly, what alignment he is, chaotic is VERY delicious..

By Cas*, I hate the Bitterleaf Effect** He says. Frozen in mid fall

*:God of vengeance and spite from heroes of horror
**creatures and objects falling are frozen in motion until it is their turn to act

Night Monkey
2009-06-28, 06:26 AM
Whoops, sorry.

Grak'al charges the party leader, delivering him a punishing blow with the blade of his halberd.

tynger1234
2009-06-28, 08:11 AM
ok the leeader is really hurt (1 hit left). I'm using same initiative order as last time Calack is up.

Calack
I finish off the pesky human with a full attack

sword: [roll0] if hit [roll1]
bite: [roll2] if hit [roll3]

*edit, I fumbled with the sword attack so I'm just going to count that as a miss and I count as flanked for anyone who attacks me for overextending on the attack.

The bite hit and killled him

smuchmuch
2009-06-28, 05:46 PM
Tenetius

"I'd say something witty but I'm all burned out.
Not as much as you though."

Scorching ray on the cleric
[roll0]

tynger1234
2009-06-28, 07:15 PM
ok, the cleric is badly scorched... again. next up is Blackfang

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Draxonicar
2009-06-29, 09:26 AM
Alright, at this point I believe I am falling on the fighter and attempting to make a grapple check to restrain him and then proceed to lick his face

do you want me to use the grapple check I rolled previously or roll again?

tynger1234
2009-06-29, 10:32 AM
You can use that old grapple, but he gets an attack of opprotunity while your falling because he has a long spear

to hit: [roll0] if hit [roll1]

grapple: [roll2]

*he missed with the attack of opp. but he beat you grapple attempt. Go ahead who is ever next in initiative

tynger1234
2009-06-29, 08:37 PM
The fighter by Grak'al picks up his weapon and runs over to stab Grak'al in the back.

[roll0] if hit [roll1]

the fighter by blackfang takes a five foot step backward and stabs at you with his spear.

[roll2] if hit [roll3]

the cleric uses a cure serious wounds on himself

[roll4]

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

tynger1234
2009-06-29, 08:39 PM
illr oll to confirm the critical hit on Grak'al

[roll0]

if this confirms you take 21 damage

Night Monkey
2009-06-30, 07:05 AM
My AC is more than 9, so I have 34hp left.

Draxonicar
2009-06-30, 09:17 AM
Did he hit me? doesnt really matter with 21 ac but still.. whether he is hit or not hit, blackfang casts Blink (at will SLA) and runs away from combat to hide in a nearby bush saying
Ahh!.. spears are pointy....you all are the PC's, not me!

waterpenguin43
2009-06-30, 12:57 PM
I'm here. You see an Cold and evil-looking gnome cloaked in blue and black before you. (Init 1d20+2) (22). When it's my turn I cast Evard's black tentacles on the leader and cleric.
8 tentacles within 20 ft.
Grapple starting check
Cleric:1d20+4(11)
Edit:Oh, the leader's dead. YAY CLERIC IS BEING GRAPPLED! My character is called Nolunias.

tynger1234
2009-06-30, 01:56 PM
the leader died.. anyway heres the clerics grapple.

[roll0]

Pyron
2009-06-30, 05:16 PM
“This... is why I hate Sunny Boy Clerics.”

Lenora sighs as that blasted Pelorite keeps healing himself. Then again, he is a good guy.

That mean..... ohh, idea!

She loaded her hand crossbow and took aim at the merchant.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Pyron
2009-06-30, 05:18 PM
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Crit Confirmation [roll0]
If confirmed then that's 6 HP damage.

... and subtract -2 to the crit confirmation: I forgot to factor in the -2 range penalty.

tynger1234
2009-06-30, 05:28 PM
merchant drops (he has -2 hitpoints hehe), and he falls out of his chair and onto the ground.

Just to be easy he occupys the same square he was in.

Pyron
2009-06-30, 05:46 PM
"10 Gold says their boss bleeds before the holy roller can save him!"

Lenora speaks mockingly in a loud enough tone to goad the cleric.

waterpenguin43
2009-06-30, 07:24 PM
With the tentacles I made, it's a safe bet your right, Cackles Nolunias evilly.
Anyway, I forgot to post the grappling for damage after the cleric had failed to escape the grapple:1d20+4(16) that is his grapple,
if the cleric fails his grapple here's the damage:1d8+4(10)
.a tentacle attempts to start a grapple with the merchant:1d20+4(9). I'll hope a dying merchant isn't going to put up much of a fight for a giant tentacle:smallbiggrin:.
Damage grapple:1d20+4(17)
Damage:1d8+4(9)
Oh dear, looks like the merchant is screwed.
Edit: Oh! The merchant is in the radius and is dead now!

knighttp01
2009-07-01, 04:07 AM
Pink cloak smiles, seems like the cleric is best

He aims his crossbow and fires at the cleric.
[roll0]

dmg(if hit)
[roll1]

He also moves out of the woods 2sq NW then 1sq N to end up in front of the nearest horse close to the close combat meat sheilds, ready to heal if needed

tynger1234
2009-07-01, 08:49 AM
Well, is'nt this encounter one sided. Calack says this as he follows the cleric with his eyes, watching the cleric being flailed around like a cheap toy.

The grey stuff is Evard's
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Draxonicar
2009-07-01, 07:56 PM
Says you, I almost got made into a shishkebab.. The barghest whines

(on his turn he will run up and start munching on he bodies to heal any suffered damage)

waterpenguin43
2009-07-02, 10:21 AM
If the fighters are still alive, next time it's my turn I'll cast creeping cold on the nearest one. Hey cleric, can you die already? I'm in a bit of a hurry for XP at the time and it's annoying waiting for you to get squeezed to death?

Pyron
2009-07-02, 03:46 PM
Well, is'nt this encounter one sided.

"Don't say that; otherwise.... ninja... halflings bersekers will pop out of the cart."

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 11:57 PM
Anyway, I humbly suggest we take a peak at the good guy thread, and get an idea of what their plans and abilities are, I have already gathered that their is a spellcaster capable of Summon monster II and some sort of class that gains wings at level 6. Says Nolunias.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 12:04 AM
"Meh, they're just hitting goblins. And they don't even bother with dice rolls. we're the chalenge in that ?"

"If anything, since we're the bad guys, we should be the one making plans."
NO LOOKING GOOD GUYS!!! (I mean, we ARE the evil ones)
That's right actually, I have an idea luckily, I think one of us could :Pretend to be a weak civilian and warn them of some sort of danger that threatens the weak, and kidnapped his/her children. Then, when they go, and our little "civilian" sneaks behind them, we pop out and crush them!! Maybe we could add a couple of traps, summoned monsters and buffs for flavor and boom. Think it's a good plan? Says Nolunias with an evil grin.
P.S: Any XP from the last fight?

smuchmuch
2009-07-04, 12:10 AM
"Meh, they're just hitting goblins. And they don't even bother with dice rolls. we're the chalenge in that ?"

OOc: Sorry I deleted my previous post by accident.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IC:

Pretend to be a weak civilian and warn them of some sort of danger that threatens the weak, and kidnapped his/her children. Then, when they go, and our little "civilian" sneaks behind them, we pop out and crush them!! Maybe we could add a couple of traps, summoned monsters and buffs for flavor and boom.

"Don't you think it's a little early to plan a fight between the two PC teams ? "
asks Tenetius sceptic. He then adds :
"We need to get an edge first. I was more thinking we should plann something along the lines off getting somme minions or getting somme influence."

He takes a small as his poor 10 wisdom finaly manage connect to his brain and finishes:

"And comme to think of it, who in the nine hells are you ?"

Ps: And as well as Xp, is there any loot ? (I mean that's why we were raiding a caravan in the first place.)

Night Monkey
2009-07-04, 06:04 AM
Ok, a few things.
1.) The fight hasn't finished, so talking about xp and loot is pointless.
2.) Peeking at the good guy thread is completely unsportsmanlike. We may be evil characters, no need to be cheating players.
3.) We can't possibly plan how to engage the good party when we don't know where they are.
4.) Who the heck's turn is it?

smuchmuch
2009-07-04, 07:41 AM
OOc:

1.) The fight hasn't finished, so talking about xp and loot is pointless.
At this point and given the remaining forces, I think we can consider the two remaining enemies as good as dead.

2)Peeking at the good guy thread is completely unsportsmanlike. We may be evil characters, no need to be cheating players.

Just so you know, they are doing the same with our thread.
But in retropect, you do make an excelent point. So I'll stop.

3)We can't possibly plan how to engage the good party when we don't know where they are.

But that doesn't mean we can't make plans for when we meet them.
Thus said , I don't think this will happen before a while, so it's prety pointless indeed.

4)Who the heck's turn is it?

Let's just list the characters who have already acted or said what they were going to do at theyr turn.:
-Calack
-Tenetius
-Blackfang
-Lenora
-Pinkcloack (who kinda acted out of turn)
-Mystery gnome (Who didn't act but said what he was going to do when his turn commes)

Those who haven't (in order of initiative)
-Varanah
-Grakal

I'd like to remind everyone that here is now an OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6346876#post6346876) thread for that kind of discution.
Also if you could go and posts your character sheets and background there it would pretty usefull for when the recruitement thread get deleted.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 09:29 AM
OOc:

At this point and given the reamining forces, I think we can consider the two remaining enemies as good as dead.

Just so you know, they are doing the same with our thread.
But in retropect, you do make an excelent point. So I'll stop.

But that doesn't mean we can't make plans for when we meet them.
Thus said , I don't think this will happen before a while, so it's prety pointless indeed.

Let's just list the characters who have already acted or said what they were going to do at theyr turn.:
-Calack
-Tenetius
-Blackfang
-Lenora
-Pinkcloack (who kinda acted out of turn)
-Mystery gnome (Who didn't act but said what he was going to do when his turn commes)

Those who haven't (in order of initiative)
-Varanah
-Grakal

I'd like to remind everyone that here is now an OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6346876#post6346876) thread for that kind of discution.
Also if you could go and posts your character sheets and background there it would pretty usefull for when the recruitement thread get deleted.

I'll stop looking too, I guess.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 09:34 AM

OOc: Sorry I deleted my previous post by accident.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IC:

"Don't you think it's a little early to plan a fight between the two PC teams ? "
asks Tenetius sceptic. He then adds :
"We need to get an edge first. I was more thinking we should plann something along the lines off getting somme minions or getting somme influence."

He takes a small as his poor 10 wisdom finaly manage connect to his brain and finishes:

"And comme to think of it, who in the nine hells are you ?"

Ps: And as well as Xp, is there any loot ? (I mean that's why we were raiding a caravan in the first place.)
My name is Nolunias, I seek to master the deepest of waters and bend them to my will. I have already achieved a level of becoming one with the dep ocean, and I wish to learn of it's offensive capabilities. My malenti masters sent me to join a powerful group evil group, I found out about you like that and have sought you out. Now here I am, your new ally.

tynger1234
2009-07-04, 10:29 AM
right now it's the fighters turn, I'm not gunna bother with the cleric's grapple roll because it's abbysmal. The merchant is dying, and there are only two fighters left.

Fighter1 notices the tentacles, and rushes in to try and save the cleric

grapple [roll0]

Fighter2 tries to make another stab on Grak'al because he was somehow succesful

attack [roll1] if hit [roll2]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 10:51 AM
Tentacle grapple:1d20+4(17)
Fighter is grappled.:smallbiggrin:
Damage:1d8+4(12)
Cleric damage:1d8+4(11)
Edit: Good rolls on my part!!

tynger1234
2009-07-04, 12:40 PM
the cleric is almost dead and can't heal himself from the grapple, the fighter is at 0 hits, and the merchant is dead... way to break an encounter

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5874/currentpositionsoott.png

Nixie Face
2009-07-04, 06:54 PM
Varah'na uses her turn to move towards the caravan itself, ready to get first look at the treasure.

Night Monkey
2009-07-04, 07:14 PM
Grak'al lets out a terrible roar. "If this was 4th edition I'd almost be bloodied! You will pay!

Calling upon his training to unleash his signature move, Grak'al sweeps the halberd blade towards the fighter who had just injured him, allowing the momentum of his swing to carry the blunt end of the weapon towards his enemy's skull.

Full attack!
Attack with pointy end [roll0] and damage if successful [roll1]
Attack with non-pointy end [roll2] and damage if hit [roll3]

Pyron
2009-07-04, 07:27 PM
"Hey Grak" Lenora cries out, "You are still under the effect of Haste. That gives you one more attack!"

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 07:50 PM
Ooh, if it's my turn then I go to a horse and use wild empathy to make it obey us.
Wild empathy:[roll0]
Oh, now I have to wait until next round to make them obey us.Says Nolunias in an annoyed way.

Night Monkey
2009-07-04, 07:58 PM
"Hey Grak" Lenora cries out, "You are still under the effect of Haste. That gives you one more attack!"

I'm fairly sure the guy's dead now anyway. Thanks for the spell though.

tynger1234
2009-07-05, 09:47 AM
Yeah, he's dead

OOC
He only had 12 hitpoints, if you didnt kill him one round there would be a big problem... and you missed you bite attack

Night Monkey
2009-07-05, 10:29 AM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0034.html) pretty much sums up Grak'al, it seems.

Good thing this encounter is well below our power level by at least nine orders of magnitude.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-05, 10:49 PM
Next round tentacle damage:
Grapples:
Fighter:[roll0]
Cleric:[roll1]
P.S: I just learned how to roll on thread

waterpenguin43
2009-07-05, 10:51 PM
Damage:
Fighter:[roll0]
Cleric:[roll1]
P.S: Sorry for the double post.

knighttp01
2009-07-06, 12:41 PM
Pinkcloak smiles at the devastation. Seems theres nothing left for me to do offensively

Therefore he walks over to Grakal
Here have some HP Cure Light Wounds

[roll0]

tynger1234
2009-07-06, 01:14 PM
I'm not going to bother with the clerics grapple roll. He is brought to -6 and the fighter that wase at 0 hitpoints dies instantly.

This was only a CR 8 encounter so noone gets much xp
4500/8= 562.5= 563 for each person

In the caravan you will find an assortment of weapons and armor:

10 longspears
6 other polearms
25 longswords
10 greatswords
10 shortswords
15 medium wooden shield
10 heavy "" ""
10 suits of leather armor
5 suits of studded
1 breastplate

in money that is inside of a chest
1216 silver
428 gold
5 gems each worth 50gp

I know this seems like alot, but it was a caravan and did you see the size of the cart (it was 30ft. by 15ft.).
The last thing you find is a halfling hiding inside of a box, probably because of the fight that was going on.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 01:20 PM
Can I take 2 gems and nothing else? And if anyone else needs healing, I can provide it with the spontaneous curing and augment healing feats. says Nolunias.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 01:21 PM
He then makes another Wild Empathy check on the horses.
Wild empathy horse 1:[roll0]
horse 2:[roll1]
I convince the second horse to come with us.
P.S:Sorry for the double post.

Night Monkey
2009-07-06, 02:11 PM
"Tiny cowardly scum!" Grak'al roars, grabbing the halfling by the head, carrying him out of the caravan, and slamming him into a nearby tree. "You look like excellent sport! How about one of the casters summons some beast from the Hells to chase you around a bit, before we gut you and roast you and feast upon halfling flesh!"

TheLibrarian
2009-07-06, 05:19 PM
The halfling looks up and grins, "Hey now, that's no way to talk to strangers. Besides, fighting is so... savage, why would I want to get caught in it if you all are willing to do the job for me."
He looks around at the aftermath of the battle,"Though I must say you may have gone a little overboard, serves them right I guess."

Wiggling out of the grip
Escape Artist check [roll0]
He extends a hand to Grak'al

"Name's Cael, thank you for dealing with that obnoxious merchant for me."

tynger1234
2009-07-06, 05:24 PM
OoC: It's very hard to read that writingwhen you use the light blue

TheLibrarian
2009-07-06, 06:09 PM
/ooc I have no idea what you're talking about >.>

Night Monkey
2009-07-06, 06:28 PM
Grak'al grabs Cael's outstretched arm by the wrist and holds the tip of his halberd to his throat.

"Why don't you give me one good reason to not run you through where you stand runtling?"

TheLibrarian
2009-07-06, 07:04 PM
"Such hostility, and here I was hoping that we could be friends" Cael shakes his head in dissapointment.
"Well if that's the game you want to play"
With a flick of his wrist, Cael produces a dagger in his free hand, and holds it against the Gnoll's side.
Now, I'm not that familiar with Gnolls, but I would imagine that with some pressure this could hurt... a lot, so which one of us do you think is faster?
He grins.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 08:24 PM
Now now, no fighting, but you, Cael you say, woould you be willing to join us, I can promise you the allegiance of two VERY powerful malenti. Nolunias says, going between Cael and Grak'al attempting to break them up.

tynger1234
2009-07-06, 08:40 PM
Looking at Nolunias Calack says "What makes you think that your one of us, we just met you. We have enough problems with that stupid wolf thing. As Calack says "wolf thing" he gestures towards Blackfang (who I bet is eating a fighter right now).

TheLibrarian
2009-07-06, 09:08 PM
Hahaha, I deleted my post to go by the one you posted.
One sec, putting up the original post.

Using the distraction Cael will attempt to wiggle free Escape artist original roll was 32 and I don't think it really matters that much anyway and then hide the dagger sleight of hand to hide it original roll was 17

"Now now, can't we all just get along?" Cael then notices Blackfang "Wow, what an ugly dog."

Night Monkey
2009-07-06, 09:10 PM
Fuming at the insolence of the halfling, although amused by his insult towards the Barghest, Grak'al lowers his weapon slowly.

"Why should we trust you, runtling? Prove to us you aren't here to lead us into some sort of trap."

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 09:24 PM
Or rather, I will cast augury and discern if he is a worthy ally.
He draws out his scroll and asks: Tell me, should we side with the halfling known as Cael?
(Chance of success 75%)

Night Monkey
2009-07-06, 09:27 PM
Oh, by the way, I touched Cael's hand, so the Touch of Golden Ice ability should start to affect me. What does it do?

TheLibrarian
2009-07-06, 09:38 PM
/ooc you're looking at a different character, http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=135317 is Cael

"Oh no, you've figured out my elaborate plan to get myself arrested and dragged out into the middle of nowhere so that I can lead a bunch of random people into a trap, brilliant."

Cael will brush the dust and Gnoll fur off of his clothing. Great, now I'm going to smell like dog for a week. T

urning to Grak'al Well, as an unfortunate victim of circumstance, I'm trying to make the best of my situation, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that subtlety is not your strong suit.

He grins obnoxiously “Now, I think you all might benefit from someone of my special… talents, I assure you, despite my less than warm welcome I have no intention of harming you all."

Nixie Face
2009-07-06, 09:54 PM
Speaking of subtelty, Varah'na is attempting to secretly nick as much of the gold as she can without being spotted.

sleight of hand [roll0]

knighttp01
2009-07-07, 04:19 AM
Pinkcloak looks at the horde of treasure

Well unless anyone has any burning desire to use the equipment i say we give it to our masters.
As for the gold, we'll give them some of it, they dont need to know how much was in it.

He sees the commotion with the halfling and walks over

Now now Grak'al theres no need to take offense at everyone

So what do we have here, a halfling? I'm sure our masters can find use for you...

tynger1234
2009-07-07, 06:32 AM
I Agree with what to do with the horde...But honestly, what are our masters going to do with some obnoxois cowardly halfling

Spot check to see Varan'ha [roll0]

TheLibrarian
2009-07-07, 08:00 AM
"I take offense to that my scaly chum. I wasen't so much hiding, as trying to avoid the giant black tentacles that showed up out of no where, I mean really, those things are just obnoxious"
Spot check as well [roll0]

Night Monkey
2009-07-07, 08:34 AM
Once again seeing the situation spiralling out of his control, Grak'al growls and starts pulling leaves off the nearby trees with which to clean the blood from his halberd. The sooner this quest was over and he could return to the ranks of the army the happier he would be.

Spot check [roll0]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-07, 09:30 AM
I wasen't so much hiding, as trying to avoid the giant black tentacles that showed up out of no where
Spot check as well [roll0]
Nolunias giggles slightly as he mentions the tentacles he made. "Sorry about that, but you find that sometimes several grasping black tentacle is the most efficient way of disposing of people who can heal themselves and their allies.

TheLibrarian
2009-07-07, 09:39 AM
Besides, I'm not the one you should worry about trustingCael winks and motions toward the drow.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-07, 10:03 AM
The drow may be stealing treasure as we speak, but she is a valuable ally. Nolunias says, shaking his head.

smuchmuch
2009-07-07, 10:22 AM
Tenetius raises an eyebrow in disbelief
"Is she ?"

tynger1234
2009-07-07, 10:22 AM
Looking towards Nolonius
Why do you keep calling yourself an ally, we just met you.
Walking over towards the horde that his team members have recently came into posetion of he grumbles under his breath
...I hate working with rogues

Nixie Face
2009-07-07, 12:16 PM
"Stealing? Your mistrust hurts me abbilen. I was checking to ensure the gold was of good quality and not fake."

Bluff check [roll0]

tynger1234
2009-07-07, 04:11 PM
Sense motive[roll0]

smuchmuch
2009-07-07, 04:21 PM
OOC: Sense motive
[roll0]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-07, 06:13 PM
Sense motive:[roll0]

Night Monkey
2009-07-07, 06:38 PM
Sense motive: [roll0]

Night Monkey
2009-07-07, 06:42 PM
"Is it real then? Or were these humans carting rubbish?"

Grak'al stares hard at the newcomers.

"Extra hands would be of use, but I suggest keeping the details of our quest strictly to ourselves. If they aren't happy with that, they can leave."

Pyron
2009-07-07, 06:51 PM
Lenora

"The Straight Line Syndicate can always use new faces. More fodder for the cannon."

"But, I'm more worried about the cache of weapons they were moving." Lenora remarks before casting detect magic on the weapons and better inspecting their quality.

Sense Motive: [roll0]
Appraise: [roll1]

tynger1234
2009-07-08, 11:43 AM
When you use your detect magic you sensea small amount of magic on the merchants finger, and inside the cleric pocket.

Ooc: only Lenora knows this so I don't want everyone mysteriously searching only the merchant or cleric

Pyron
2009-07-08, 06:10 PM
Lenora

"The weapons appears to be just steel and leather hides." She remarks as she studies the merchant. She then pulls out her dagger and cuts off four of the merchant's fingers (two on each hand, one of them being the source of the magic aura, and places them in her pouch.

"Hey Mr. Pink, you might want to search cleric's body. He might be carrying a tonic or potion or something."

(Spellcraft on the finger: [roll0] )

tynger1234
2009-07-08, 06:52 PM
I'ts a ring of protection +1, i'm betting your puttin it on

knighttp01
2009-07-09, 03:53 PM
Fine

Pinkcloak searches the clerics body [roll0]

He smiles at the rogue whilse doing it, flashing his yellow fangs

As long as you dont steal too much I dont have to make an example of you.

As for the halfling, we cant trust him so we must take him back without him knowing our bases location in case hes lying, which lets face it he probably is

With that he raises his hand to the halfling

I was saving this for the barghest but hes gone so... BLINDNESS!

Dont worry i can cure it tomorrow... at the earliest if you behave

cast blindness/deafness DC 16, Fort negates...

tynger1234
2009-07-09, 04:03 PM
In the clerics belt poach you find three potions of cure light wounds and a holy symbol to Pelor made of solid gold with a pair of small saphires for eyes

waterpenguin43
2009-07-09, 04:13 PM
I search the fighters body. Search:[roll0]

tynger1234
2009-07-09, 04:36 PM
you find [roll0] silver coins in his pocket

waterpenguin43
2009-07-09, 04:49 PM
Yes, I am certain THIS can fulfill all my needs. Says Nolunias, annoyed.
I take a 10 on wild empathy for the horse (16) so he is now friendly as well.
We now have two horses with us :smallbiggrin: I will take one and I will give one Varanha.

knighttp01
2009-07-10, 04:38 AM
Ka'randoor smiled

This will make a tidy sum i should think

TheLibrarian
2009-07-10, 07:37 AM
Fort Save[roll0]
What an appropriate reaction, you guys make friends rather easily don't you. Cael turns his sightless eyes to the cleric It seems rather strange, here I've been nothing but helpful and you guys see it necessary to slam me against a tree and blind me...

waterpenguin43
2009-07-10, 05:45 PM
Sorry about that. I'm a druid, so you'd THINK I could cure it, but SOMEBODY *cough*Gygax*cough* wouldn't let me. Oh well, I have nothing against you, Gary, you are my creator, after all. But I promise I'll make it up to you somehow. Whispers Nolunias to Cael.

Pyron
2009-07-10, 08:28 PM
"Don't forget; the cleric and guard leader could make a decent offering. I'm guessing that's at least 7 to 10 hit dice of undead pawns."

Lenora pointed out; while she searched the merchant. She's curious about who he is, and is looking for any signet or identifying features.

Search: [roll0]

I'ts a ring of protection +1, i'm betting your puttin it on

OOC: Eventually

TheLibrarian
2009-07-10, 10:42 PM
Cael coughs
"It is possible that I might know something about the merchant..."
Turning his sightless eyes to the cleric and grinning.

Pyron
2009-07-10, 10:54 PM
"It is possible that I might know something about the merchant..."

"Yeah, but you're blind so how are you reading the text in my posts?" :smallconfused:

waterpenguin43
2009-07-10, 11:12 PM
Please don't make undead begs Nolunias. I may be evil, but undead are twisted abberations mocking nature, I loathe them utterly, and I am afraid to say I may have to resort to positive energy to dispose of them if you create them.
Diplomacy:[roll0]

knighttp01
2009-07-11, 05:32 AM
Pinkcloak turns to the halfling

True, you have been helpful, thats why ive only blinded you and not killed you

He flashed a smile, knowing that the halfling couldnt see

So tell me about this merchant and ill think about preparing a remove blindness spell tomorrow

Draxonicar
2009-07-11, 02:40 PM
The barghest looks up from his grisly meal and saysAhh..that that the spot.....And no, I will NOT be a seeing eye dog for him

TheLibrarian
2009-07-13, 10:48 PM
Why does everyone seem to think they can kill me at will, gods you guys are cocky Cael kicks at the ground Really now, I come extending the hand of friendship and its "I'll gut you with my halberd this" and "I'll blind you instead of kill you that" what a warm welcome.
er, could you pm me any stuff that Cael would know about the merchant and his entourage after being arrested by them?

smuchmuch
2009-07-13, 10:55 PM
Tenetius

Tenetius look at the halfling in his temporarily blinded eyes (the fact that he doesn't need to look down since they are about same eye level frustrating him greatly,)
"At this point it's not "being cocky", it's being realistic. We are outnumbering you seven to one. "
tenetius claps his hand and turn To Pink cloack
"Anyway what's next ?"

Pyron
2009-07-13, 11:07 PM
Please don't make undead begs Nolunias. I may be evil, but undead are twisted abberations mocking nature, I loathe them utterly, and I am afraid to say I may have to resort to positive energy to dispose of them if you create them.

"Are you groveling? What are you, gnome. Some sort of diet coke super-villain?" Lenora asked, arching a brow at the gnome. Rather odd for someone with a spell list right from one of Lovecraft's fever dreams to be squeamish about undeath.

She scratched her head, and turned away, "I hate to break it you, Keebler. If you find undeath offensive then the Straight Line Syndicate might not be right for you."

Night Monkey
2009-07-14, 03:35 AM
"We could make him into an undead, let him understand things from their point of view. In any case, I've always been curious as to what the effects of the Corrupted Wild Shape feat look like."

knighttp01
2009-07-14, 04:56 AM
pinkcloak walked to the cart

Why we return to camp. Ranger's I need your wilderness skills overhere, I dont see why we should walk when we have the cart.

Also keep the bodies in it, our necromancers might need them

He looked at Tenetius and Grak'al

Bring the Halfling, dont be too hard on him, tie him in the cart, I dont think hes going anywhere, being blind and all, but he is insulting us, so lets show him we dont like strangers insulting us.

Draxonicar
2009-07-14, 07:06 AM
The barghest looks to the goblin Can I PLEASE torment him? pretty please!!! I'll lick him and mark him and sit on him and everything!

waterpenguin43
2009-07-14, 09:43 AM
I'll go set up the horses then. Says Nolunias with a bit of annoyance.

knighttp01
2009-07-16, 03:55 AM
Pinkcloak looked at the barghest

I maybe evil, but i want the halfling sane and uninjured, so no you wont be doing that, nor will you be in the caravan.

Night Monkey
2009-07-16, 06:41 AM
Grak'al picks up the halfling and bundles him back inside the caravan.

"You be on your best behaviour for the goblin, or I'll make that affliction permanent."

tynger1234
2009-07-16, 04:51 PM
So..,are we going back to base with the weapons or are we going to the next town to sell them?

knighttp01
2009-07-18, 11:51 AM
Depends, if we return back with this they might'nt be as happy, but unless someones got high Diplomacy or Intimidate we might not get a good price.

Plus will we be welcome in the village?

He mused to himself

Pyron
2009-07-18, 12:18 PM
Lenore

"Selling these weapons in town might not be a good idea. We have to remember, somebody is expecting this caravan's shipment back in town. Once they figure out the merchant is missing; they're going to catch on if we try to hock two thousand gold pieces worth of equipment."

"Besides we have..." Lenora thinks trying not to reveal too much, "clients who could always use this equipment."

waterpenguin43
2009-07-18, 11:54 PM
I would leave this cursed abomination of pestilent civilization soon, or we may have all the authorities on us. And though the first group may be pitifully easy to slay, soon after we will have the whole force, probably with some rather powerful members, stalking us. Says Nolunias warily.

knighttp01
2009-07-20, 05:02 AM
Indeed, then let us return to the Syndicate. he said ominously

tynger1234
2009-07-20, 04:19 PM
DM

the syndicate is about a week and a half (10 days) away. I'll be rolling random encounters for travel unless anybody wants to do something first.

TheLibrarian
2009-07-20, 07:04 PM
Cael will sit quietly in the caravan, and attempt to strike up a conversation with anyone who comes by him.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-20, 11:26 PM
And thus striking up a conversation with me, about whatever.

TheLibrarian
2009-07-21, 12:12 AM
So, what brings you here my fine... forgive me but I seem to be ocularly challenged, what are you exactly? Cael turns to his companion.

knighttp01
2009-07-21, 04:43 AM
no i do not wish to do anything though I'll state that I'll renew my spells and take Remove Blind/Deaf tomorrow

Pinkcloak climbs to the front of the wagon along with, whichever Ranger is driving the cart, as he does not have the skills required to drive it himself

waterpenguin43
2009-07-21, 06:22 PM
A wavecrest gnome, my blinded friend. I seek mastery of the deepest ocean depths and revenge upon the fools that tried to imprison me for trying to awaken the Kraken lord Drukan from his slumber. Says Nolunias darkly.

smuchmuch
2009-07-21, 06:30 PM
Tenetius

Tenetius sit in the middle of the wagon and start singing an elvish song whose mysterious and enchanting lyrics are only matched by the it's fascinating rythm.
It basicaly translate like:
999 Bottle of healing potion on the wall....
This is going to be a loooong trip

Draxonicar
2009-07-23, 07:29 PM
The barghest, seeing how he can't very well travel in broad daylight, hops into the caravan and sits down in a corner in goblin form, wearing his hood and mask, bits of purple skin showing (I just learned barghest skin is purple in goblin form)

tynger1234
2009-07-26, 08:35 AM
It's been a while before anyone has posted so I'm just going to to roll for the random encounter each day

If any of these are a 1 then we have an encounter on that day, if the first roll between midnight and noon, if second then it's between 12:01 and 11:59pm.

day 1 [roll0] [roll1]
day 2 [roll2] [roll3]
day 3 [roll4] [roll5]
day 4 [roll6] [roll7]
day 5 [roll8] [roll9]
day 6 [roll10] [roll11]
day 7 [roll12] [roll13]
day 8 [roll14] [roll15]
day 9 [roll16] [roll17]
day 10 [roll18] [roll19]

edit: Wow encounter on the first day of travel, in the same day we took out the caravan. Ignore the rest after the second 1 there will only be 2 encounters during travel.

While traveling back to the syndicate everyone notices someone else on the road going in the oppisite direction. The traveller is riding a horse and has a cloak covering most of his body and a hood that shadows all but his mouth.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-26, 09:56 AM
Nolunias glances at the rider in a suspicious way, wondering who he is.

druid91
2009-07-26, 06:11 PM
"I'd wondered when this caravan would come through. though from the looks of things it has gained new management." The rider grins and stops his horse, pulling his hands into the cloak.

He is attempting to reach for a short spear. 1d20+2, and no he is not going to throw it yet.

Draxonicar
2009-07-26, 07:29 PM
The shrouded goblin hops out the back end of the caravan and watches the encounter intently, eyes flaring orange at the remark made.

He'll watch the fight, but if he comes close to and tries to fight him, he will Blink and engage the foe in hand to hand

knighttp01
2009-07-27, 12:25 PM
damn no new spells yet then?

Pinkcloak grinned, fingering the handle of the morningstar though keeping it stowed.

It might have indeed come under new management, what of it?

He casually looked around the surroundings, possibly looking for a route to the back out of the main fight.

spot: [roll0]

druid91
2009-07-27, 07:38 PM
"Ah, well I was going to see if I could um, "relieve" them of some of their wares but you seem to be higher in number and level then they were." he frowns "So, uh, how is the looting business lately?" smiling again.

knighttp01
2009-07-28, 05:38 AM
Looting goes as well as it ever does...

He paused, thinking of any advantages to be gained from this situation, the person in front of them was distinctly less annoying than the barghest and halfling so far

But there are always bigger targets with more rewards, which require larger partys.

He left the sentance hanging

TheLibrarian
2009-07-28, 10:25 AM
In order to pass the time, the blinded halfing has begun to sing

perform singery check [roll0]

“A little traveler was out one day
When he spied a merchant bright and gay

With a wink and a handshake he said hello
Trying his best to seem a trustworthy fellow

He gave a handshake and a nice pat on the back
And took a few coins lifted right out of his pack

With a smile and a grin and a tip of his hat
He waved good bye but the merchant screamed rat

A boot to the head, and manacles too
Lucky he had the key in his shoe

He picked himself free and went to escape
But suddenly the shadows began to change shape

Rolling out of their reach he jumped into a barrel
Until he was retrieved by a gnoll who looked quite feral.

Then he was smacked around and blinded”

tynger1234
2009-07-28, 11:37 AM
“A little traveler was out one day
When he spied a merchant bright and gay

With a wink and a handshake he said hello
Trying his best to seem a trustworthy fellow

He gave a handshake and a nice pat on the back
And took a few coins lifted right out of his pack

With a smile and a grin and a tip of his hat
He waved good bye but the merchant screamed rat

A boot to the head, and manacles too
Lucky he had the key in his shoe

He picked himself free and went to escape
But suddenly the shadows began to change shape

Rolling out of their reach he jumped into a barrel
Until he was retrieved by a gnoll who looked quite feral.

Then he was smacked around and blinded”

...stick to the thieving your voice made my ears bleed.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-28, 01:44 PM
funny-ish, but lets stop the singing please, NOW.

Pyron
2009-07-28, 07:57 PM
Lenora eyes the stranger... he's pretty bold to state his intentions. That's for sure. But, he's smart enough

"Let's not be hasty..." She grins, "We have about thirty pounds of meat that's perfect for halfling drop soup. If you want some, we make a deal. Price is a silver per IQ point. So, that's...."

"8 copper pieces."

TheLibrarian
2009-07-29, 02:18 AM
"I have no intention of stealing from you all, gods know that would end poorly"
The halfling grins
"Thought I'd entertain you with a little story and explain how I came to be here."

waterpenguin43
2009-07-29, 10:55 AM
Oh, good, well here is mine (not in a song): It all begins at my home village, surrounded by other members of my species dancing and singing and generally being exasperating. So I left to a small islet to try and bond with the seas in peace and quiet. There I met to malenti, tthough they would have killed me; I told them I loathed my home village and wished to become a wavekeeper. They then brought me on my first mission: Freeing the Kraken druid imprisoned beneath a guild of paladins. They caught me, however and placed me in an antimagic cell. There I was rescued by a conjurer who hated the paladins and he teleported me back, the wound he recieved killed him after we arrived though. And I had managed to complete the first part of the ritual to awaken the Kraken. Now it only requires more power to free him, so my malenti masters sent me to join you, the straight line syndicate, in order to gain the necessary power and some powerful allies. Explains the wavecrest gnome almost as if he expects anyone to care.

TheLibrarian
2009-07-30, 08:13 PM
Cael nobs in the druid's direction
"Well that beats my story, I just wanted some shiny things. Why is freeing this druid so important?"

druid91
2009-07-31, 06:47 AM
ooc: sorry for my absence.

the rider laughs "Sounds interesting, maybe, But it would most likely be from time to time, I have other business than looting to tend to. Right now though, I'm free for a while. And why is everyone blurting out there life story all of the sudden?"

knighttp01
2009-08-01, 05:38 AM
They seem to have decided that exposition is required right now in this random encounter

He says with derision in his voice

ooc: I'm going to be away at the edinburgh fringe for 3 weeks so my posting will be sporadic at best, sorry!

Draxonicar
2009-08-03, 02:13 PM
Draxonicar emerges from the shadows and walks towards the stranger.

Well then..........Now that the formalities are out of the way....what do we do with him?............He doesn't look too tasty...and I bet he'd scream too much anyway.......hmmm.............and we're already saving the halfling for stew, anyway........ugh..being a lifeforce eating monster is so hard......... with that remark, he turns into his true form, clothes disappearing to reveal fur and fangs
Bah....do what you will with him, I'll be eating

Saying so, he walks over to the bodies and resumes his feast

druid91
2009-08-12, 07:42 PM
"So what is that thing?" the rider points to blackfang.

waterpenguin43
2009-08-12, 08:30 PM
As for the reason to free my master, with his power; We could conquer nations, build immense armies capable of blotting out whole nations.
He says.
Anyway, as for you sir he gestures at the rider. Who precisely are you?

druid91
2009-08-14, 11:42 AM
"you can call me Giles if you like." the rider laughs and stows his spear away.

Draxonicar
2009-08-17, 01:22 PM
Draxonicar looks up from his meal
I'm a barghest, now leave me alone or I'll devour your lifeforce

druid91
2009-08-23, 08:24 PM
"Okay then, note to self :remember to leave the furry thin- I mean barghest alone." the rider laughs before continuing," so, goblin, would you like to talk business? and what is your name? I can't go on calling you 'goblin' forever."

knighttp01
2009-08-24, 02:37 PM
I return! Sorry about that no internet access for a while

My name is Karaandoor Hellion though most of my associates call me Pinkcloak

What is your business Giles?..

he asked carefully

waterpenguin43
2009-08-25, 09:54 AM
Nolunias appears to hastily write these names down on a piece of paper.

druid91
2009-08-25, 09:59 AM
"I believe you were implying that you wanted help on a raid." the rider stops grinning and pulls down his hood revealing a nondescript human with Black hair and green eyes."Or were you bluffing to get my guard down?"

knighttp01
2009-08-25, 11:54 AM
Pinkcloak smiled, always good to see the faces

I was enquiring if you wanted to join our merry band, the people we work for always need new hands, a raid is likely going to happen in the future.

He paused

If i wanted to Bluff you I would have made a Bluff check

diplomacy check: [roll0]

druid91
2009-08-26, 06:33 AM
"I always forget to look if their making the check. I wonder, if we see them make the bluff check why do we still fall for the bluff? but anyhow sure I could use something to do for a while." the rider laughs and asks "So... where are we going?"