PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstruck

TheThan
2009-06-15, 08:32 PM
Ok here’s the deal: the massively huge rock band AC/DC is coming to the small town GI Joe headquarters is located in. This (obviously) is a fantastic opportunity to see such a legendary band in concert, not to mention a chance to go and rock out. I’m unfortunately not going to be able to go, mostly due to finances, well the lack of finances really. Besides that, the tickets went on sale yesterday and are nearly sold out already, so it looks like I’m going to miss out on what could be a once in a lifetime event.
:smallfrown:
Anything like this ever happen to anyone in the playground? Any bands coming to your area that you want to see?

Decoy Lockbox
2009-06-15, 09:28 PM
That really sucks man. I had an incident somewhat like that last year.

This band called Sigh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4qYCqBNs6Y) came to town all the way from Japan. Now, they arent very well known, so coming to America is serious business, since they don't have big piles of tour money to use. Anyway, I was planning on going to their show, but I had a project I had to do for school. So I convinced myself to stay home and work instead. Except I just ended up procrastinating and not doing the work. So I missed an amazing show from one of my favorite bands, AND ended up being behind on my work.

Killer Angel
2009-06-16, 02:31 AM
:smallfrown:
Anything like this ever happen to anyone in the playground? Any bands coming to your area that you want to see?

Ouch... very painful. I've seen AC/DC only once in my life, but they open the show with thunderstruck (Razor's edge tour). Epic performance.

About your question, yes, I missed one of my favourite thrash bands: Overkill.
This sad memory still haunts my dreams... :smallsigh:

Linkavitch
2009-06-16, 09:15 AM
Yes. A band I love, Skillet, came to a town near me (well, relatively near; I would have had to drive for an hour or so each way) and the tickets were only $15. And that band almost never comes close enough for me to go.:smallfrown:

TheThan
2009-06-16, 04:03 PM
funny enough as a read this thread, Thunderstruck is playing on the radio.

Hunter Noventa
2009-06-16, 04:13 PM
Rush came to the nearby Six Flags a couple of years ago. I would have loved to go but didn't have the money.

Xenre
2009-06-20, 06:00 AM
I actually got to see one of the shows that Metallica and Guns and Roses played together. It was absolutely horrible. They had their amps cranked up so loud that you couldn't hear squat. It kinda ticked me off.

However the best concert I have ever been to was an Accept, Paradise Lost, and Whitesnake concert back in 2006. It was awesome.

ghost_warlock
2009-06-20, 07:08 AM
I used to be a hardcore Counting Crows fan and really digged all of their albums but the Saturday Nights/Sunday Mornings one. Turns out they're playing in a free concert in my town later this summer.

Too bad I have to work that night and will miss the show completely. :smallfrown:

Adding insult to injury, my cousin (who isn't a fan) is going. :smallsigh:

Gaelbert
2009-06-21, 08:19 PM
I missed Ozzy Osbourne coming to a town 15 minutes away from my own. I live in the middle of nowhere, so any band coming in is a big event. I'm also going to have to miss Bob Dylan, both for a lack of finances.

TheThan
2009-06-21, 09:03 PM
Hmmm bob Dillan and a few others are heading to a town near me soon as well…

Not that I’m a Bob Dillian fan.

Serpentine
2009-06-22, 12:48 AM
Woooo AC/DC!
A couple of years ago, I discovered that Cake had a website. Then, on that website, I discovered that they'd been in Sydney a week before :smallsigh:
On the up side, Foo Fighters and Kaiser Chiefs are great in concert :smallbiggrin:

JabberwockySupafly
2009-06-22, 07:04 PM
I moved from Iowa to Australia to live with my then-fiancée now wife. Simon & Garfunkel were having their reunion tour and it was going to be in Chicago, Illinois (only 2 hours away)... the day after I left.

That's not the only time either. I missed out on Aesop Rock AND Atmosphrere playing here in Australia because of various incidents working to thwart me.... Um... A month before I returned home for a visit to Iowa, Reel Big Fish played a free concert in my home city.

And my current dillemma: I'm going back to visit my family this October/November. I return home on the 7th of November.... Arch Enemy is playing in Sydney on... you guessed it, the 6th of November. I am going to be in mid-air while some of my best friends are all going to see one of the best metal acts around. So very upset.