PDA

View Full Version : I miss the open road

golfmade
2009-06-17, 11:01 AM
I left this behindhttp://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yfr4jk&noresize=1&nostamp=1&quality=70

for this http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/162/0/9/Advertise_much__by_golfmade.jpg

Obviously a lot of things I like about Taiwan otherwise I wouldn't have moved here but still, I do miss the blue skies, and well I don't know the proper word for it other than big sky. Being able to look out and just see forever with nothing but nature to see.

What I'd give some days to get back home and just hit the road on a day trip.

Moff Chumley
2009-06-17, 11:21 AM
I feel ya, man. :smallfrown:

Where are you from, originally?

golfmade
2009-06-17, 11:03 PM
I feel ya, man. :smallfrown:

Where are you from, originally?

The land of potatoes known as Idaho.

toasty
2009-06-17, 11:38 PM
Big cities pwn.

I'm sorry, but having lived in a city of 11 million (Dhaka) for ten and a half years (the major of my life) I just have to say it.

I don't care if its a corrupt, dirty, violent, dangerous and smelly city with two or three hours of loadshedding every day and unbearable heat most of the year, I love this place!

Durp
2009-06-17, 11:48 PM
At least you're not in Mogadishu. I'm not, but it's still a hell hole.

Zeb The Troll
2009-06-18, 12:16 AM
I like where we are now. We're not IN the big city, but we're close to two of them and an hour from several nice beaches as well as plenty of big sky. So we can have the open air if we want without sacrificing ready access to movie theaters, stage theatres, museums, airports, fine dining, et cetera.

golfmade
2009-06-18, 07:57 AM
Big cities pwn.

I'm sorry, but having lived in a city of 11 million (Dhaka) for ten and a half years (the major of my life) I just have to say it.

I don't care if its a corrupt, dirty, violent, dangerous and smelly city with two or three hours of loadshedding every day and unbearable heat most of the year, I love this place!

Well I have hard enough time with Kaohsiung (~2 million) so I think I'll pass on Dhaka, thanks though.

Understand how you feel =)

Came from the middle of nowhere, Texas, then lived out in a city in Japan. Came back home again this summer, and am just getting ready to head out again.

There really is something about the open plains and endless sky...

I do of course feel a bit weird when I go back home and get craving for Chinese food or tea and realize oh wait, I'm not in Taiwan any more, that said there are things I love about both places but they are not inclusive of each other. I guess I just need to win the lottery and spend half the year here half the year back home.

Where in Japan did you live?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-18, 10:12 AM
I have to say that, while I like to visit the country, I could not live there. I'm born and raised in the city, and in the city I will stay!