PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Monk/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen v.s Dracula and Dexter Morgan.

DarthArminius
2009-06-19, 01:15 PM
Recently, important members of Parliament have been found dismembered, dead, or missing in the United Kingdom. In truth, Dexter Morgan, the vigilante murderer of serial murderers has been found working for Dracula by M. Dracula has black mailed/extorted Dexter into working for him, or else he will expose Dexter through his human servants. (Yes, Dracula has many lawyers on his side.)

Meanwhile, Dexter has returned to the United States to continue his killing career, watched over by Dracula, and sometimes killing for Dracula, and has run across a major problem. Adrian Monk has currently discovered Dexter Morgan's recent murders of several victims, mysteriously drained of all their blood. Not knowing Dracula was involved, he manages to ruin Dexter's career and run him into hiding.

The Extraordinary Gentlemen finally manage to track Dexter and Dracula to the USA, where they meet Adrian Monk. Adrian Monk has been informed of Dracula's actual existance, and has been recruited, at least temporarily, until Adrian can prove Dracula's existance, or somehow manage to pin the murders on him. Meanwhile, the Gentlemen have to protect Adrian Monk from being murdered by Dexter Morgan without revealing themselves. Dracula currently has the alias of "Vladimir Rustov'.

Assume that Dracula is more powerful than Mina Harker, and a threat to the Extraordinary Gentleman, in this version.

darkblade
2009-06-19, 02:57 PM
I'd certianly hope that Dracula is more powerful than Mina Murray seeing as she is human. A human with a very powerful personality that barely manages to hold a team of varying ranges of deranged lunatics together and achieve things for the greater good of the Imperial British Empire.

Unless we're talking movie continuity in which case everyone dies horribly at Dracula's hands because they don't have anything powerful enough and they aren't crazy enough to do something truly suicidal which would somehow stop him.

Thats before we even get to Monk and Dexter which only raises the question of how the Leauge is alive in the 21st century since they lived in Victorian England. I might forgive movie vampire Mina but no one else.

In terms of dectective ability Monk is way out of his league here. Dexter spends his whole series running circles around detectives the likes of Monk there is no way Monk would be able to find Dexter.

Further more why would Dexter be killing for Dracula. If anything the second he finds out about someone like Dracula existing he is going on his list of dangerous criminals who have escaped justice. He will likely end up being eaten really quickly but he under no circumstances would work with someone who is even in his weaker and nicer portrayals killed more people than all of Dexter's victims combined.

kpenguin
2009-06-19, 03:53 PM
This match up begs many questions, like...

How is Dexter and Monk conteporary with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?
How is Mina not a vampire or dead if Dracula is still alive
Why is hasn't Mina reverted to her maiden name?
How did Dexter get blackmailed into working for one of the most notorious murderers of all time?

chiasaur11
2009-06-19, 03:56 PM
Wait. The whole League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Well, that one's easy. Jeeves. By a landslide.

(Alternate answer: Given the insanity of the scenario, a young Elijah Snow comes in, freezes Dracula, and punches him in the crotch.)

DarthArminius
2009-06-20, 09:24 PM
This match up begs many questions, like...

How is Dexter and Monk conteporary with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?
How is Mina not a vampire or dead if Dracula is still alive
Why is hasn't Mina reverted to her maiden name?
How did Dexter get blackmailed into working for one of the most notorious murderers of all time?

While I know the EG is basically Victorian Era, I thought that they always had members ever since King Arthur's Day? Was there no continuing the EG past 1900?

kpenguin
2009-06-20, 09:41 PM
While I know the EG is basically Victorian Era, I thought that they always had members ever since King Arthur's Day? Was there no continuing the EG past 1900?

Well, there was, but we know nothing of the EG's composition contemporary to Dexter and Monk.

Furthermore, Dracula is already established as dead in the LoEG universe. Otherwise, Mina would be a vampire.

DarthArminius
2009-06-20, 09:51 PM
Well, there was, but we know nothing of the EG's composition contemporary to Dexter and Monk.

Furthermore, Dracula is already established as dead in the LoEG universe. Otherwise, Mina would be a vampire.

Oh, I see.

Here's what I think. . . I didn't know enough about these guys to really make the post. :smalleek:

How about we have Quartermain alive because of the film version's ressurection of him? I don't know what exactly to say about any of the other guys.

lisiecki
2009-06-23, 08:41 AM
Monk wins...

While quite a few of the Gentlemen have morality that is questionable at best.
Harry's code wouldn't let Dexter harm Adrian

Revlid
2009-06-23, 06:21 PM
Actually, in comic continuity, both Mina and Quatermain have been established as being basically immortal (albeit for different reasons). They could well be part of a modern-day League, perhaps including James Bond, Hermione Granger, Shaun (of the dead), and... Wallace & Gromit, or someone.

Dracula's grave might as well have a revolving door, so he's in.

As for Dexter being controlled by Dracula... Blackmail doesn't cut it. Dexter would die trying to dust the vampire, not give in and murder some (largely) innocent MPs. I think hypnosis/domination of Dexter's darker nature is more likely, as he is forced to watch the The Dark Passenger break the Code of Harry, while he is only able to subtly drop hints to the League from inside his own body.

Why Dexter, though? More efficient servants could likely be found... I'm guessing he's the one that raised Dracula, probably by accident. Something involving his blood trophies, I shouldn't wonder.

DarthArminius
2009-06-23, 07:28 PM
Actually, in comic continuity, both Mina and Quatermain have been established as being basically immortal (albeit for different reasons). They could well be part of a modern-day League, perhaps including James Bond, Hermione Granger, Shaun (of the dead), and... Wallace & Gromit, or someone.

Dracula's grave might as well have a revolving door, so he's in.

As for Dexter being controlled by Dracula... Blackmail doesn't cut it. Dexter would die trying to dust the vampire, not give in and murder some (largely) innocent MPs. I think hypnosis/domination of Dexter's darker nature is more likely, as he is forced to watch the The Dark Passenger break the Code of Harry, while he is only able to subtly drop hints to the League from inside his own body.

Why Dexter, though? More efficient servants could likely be found... I'm guessing he's the one that raised Dracula, probably by accident. Something involving his blood trophies, I shouldn't wonder.

Because I hate the show .

Revlid
2009-06-24, 05:51 AM
Because I hate the show .

...What? You hate the show (Dexter, I assume), so you set up a versus thread that he's a central part of?

kamikasei
2009-06-24, 05:56 AM
They could well be part of a modern-day League, perhaps including James Bond, Hermione Granger, Shaun (of the dead), and... Wallace & Gromit, or someone.

I'd watch it.

Incidentally, this scenario seemed a lot more bizarre when I initially misread the title as "Adrian Mole vs. ..."

J.Gellert
2009-06-24, 07:04 AM
Even if Dracula was around in that universe, could he win? Does Dracula ever win? The only villains who seem to be "defeated" more often than Dracula are the robbers who try to break in Scrooge McDuck's fort (can't say what they are called in english).

DarthArminius
2009-06-24, 12:03 PM
...What? You hate the show (Dexter, I assume), so you set up a versus thread that he's a central part of?

I know that he's very competent. So I thought he would be a match for Monk. And yes, I hate the show. There's a chance he could get caught or killed, so I took it. :smallbiggrin:

thepsyker
2009-06-24, 10:33 PM
Actually, in comic continuity, both Mina and Quatermain have been established as being basically immortal (albeit for different reasons). They could well be part of a modern-day League, perhaps including James Bond, Hermione Granger, Shaun (of the dead), and... Wallace & Gromit, or someone.I thought that Mina and Quartermain both gained their immortality from bathing in the same pool that made Orlando immortal. Also Bond wouldn't work for the current lineup because he already exists in the comics in the 50's and served as an antagonist for a Mina and Quartermain who are on the run from the British government of the time.

edit: The Beagle Boys are the ones who keep trying to rob Scrooge McDuck, at least they were in the Ducktales cartoon.

edit2: On second reading you meant Mina and Quartermain were immortal for different reasons than shown in the movie, as opposed to different reasons from each other as I mistook you for meaning?

chiasaur11
2009-06-24, 10:40 PM
Even if Dracula was around in that universe, could he win? Does Dracula ever win? The only villains who seem to be "defeated" more often than Dracula are the robbers who try to break in Scrooge McDuck's fort (can't say what they are called in english).

Beagle Boys.

Carl Barks is awesome, isn't he?

TheThan
2009-06-24, 11:08 PM
I dunno but I think that Adrian Monk is a perfect candidate for a league membership.

lisiecki
2009-06-27, 02:44 AM
I know that he's very competent. So I thought he would be a match for Monk. And yes, I hate the show. There's a chance he could get caught or killed, so I took it. :smallbiggrin:

Ya...

But why on Earth would Dexter kill Monk?

the whole gimmick of dexter is that he WON'T kill people who dont "deserve" to die.

Monk is perhaps the most innocent adult character in all of media.

Explain this to me please.

DarthArminius
2009-06-27, 07:11 AM
Ya...

But why on Earth would Dexter kill Monk?

the whole gimmick of dexter is that he WON'T kill people who dont "deserve" to die.

Monk is perhaps the most innocent adult character in all of media.

Explain this to me please.

Monk has been framed before, Dracula could control Dexter into killing more innocents. He has more power so if he chose, he could end hundreds of innocent lives for every life Dexter refuses to take.