PDA

View Full Version : GITP Monster Competition XXXV: Beings of Legend III (Voting Opened)

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-06-23, 08:28 PM
Beings of Legend III

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/AwakenedDreamer/Monster%20Comp/LegendBook.jpg
“Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.” - Winston Churchill

Stories are told of legendary beings. Spread by word of mouth around the fire, sung in great halls, or whispered in the dark of night. Some are told to be as majestic as the setting sun, others darker and more ominous than a rumbling thunderhead. Whether terrifying or comforting, immense in stature or unimpressive to the eye, they compel both awe and wonder. Gather around and hear their tale...

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

The contest begins with the posting of this thread and will continue until Midnight of July 20th (EST).

Soon after a poll will be opened for everyone to vote for their favorite that will last until the last day of the month.

Rules

1. You will be creating an 'unique' D&D monster. This contest will be a little different, so read on carefully. This contest requires two things.

I. All entries this month must be Epic-leveled. Any beings whose Challenge Rating is 21 or higher is considered an epic creature. For the purpose of the contest this does not include deities or demi-gods of any kind, though their avatars are allowed.

For rules on Epic-levels click here (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm).

Basically there is little difference in monster making except epic creatures may now take epic feats and gain special types of qualities and abilities, for example, Damage Reduction #/epic.

II. All entries must also be done as an Epic. This means that along with the creature's stats and ability a short story, poem, saga, etc., must be written to go along with it.

Creature and Epic will be voted on separately, one for the best creature and the other for the most well-done story.

Sample Epic Creatures
Lord Beast (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6023615&postcount=2)
Oomn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11303)
Shekinah (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4982200&postcount=4)

2. The entry must include name, complete stat-block, physical description, basic background information, and detailed combat behavior if any. A plot hook or similar in addition is optional but encouraged. Incomplete entries will be disqualified upon the deadline.

3. Entries must be 3.5 edition, using the standard format listed below (not that new one seen in the Monster Manual IV, except for a lore section which is encouraged).

4. Post all entries on this thread. Do not post conversation here. Any and All Comments and discussions will take place on a separate thread here (this is a link) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5578957#post5578957).

5. One entry per participant. No double-teaming.

6. Entries copied from some other source (splatbook, alternate website, etc) will be disqualified. All entries must be a new creation, not one already posted. Merely adding class levels or templates to an already published or posted creature does not count as a new monster.

7. No reserving posts. Feel free to post a creature and tweak it, but you have to have the basic beast already done.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Add a banner to your signature!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/AwakenedDreamer/Monster%20Comp/MonCompBannerXXXV.jpg (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115962)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/AwakenedDreamer/Monster%20Comp/MonCompBannerXXXVSmall.jpg (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115962)

Banner Code
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/AwakenedDreamer/Monster%20Comp/MonCompBannerXXXV.jpg (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115962)

OR

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/AwakenedDreamer/Monster%20Comp/MonCompBannerXXXVSmall.jpg (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115962)

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-06-24, 05:51 AM
Vorpal Tribble's Guide To Making Monsters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43009)

As well, here is the standard 3.5 monster format. Only complete entries will be accepted. If there are any questions feel free to ask me or post queries in the GITP Contest Chat Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5578957#post5578957).

-=-=-=-

Name

Epic/Story/Poem

<Size> <Type>
Hit Dice:
Initiative:
Speed: (# squares)
Armor Class: (), touch, flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple:
Attack:
Full Attack:
Space/Reach:
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities:
Saves: Fort +, Ref +, Will +
Abilities: Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
Skills:
Feats:
Epic Feats:
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating:
Treasure:
Alignment:
Advancement:
Level Adjustment:

Description/background/characteristics

Combat

Ability descriptions

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

- Optional -

Lore

Plot Hook

unosarta
2009-06-24, 10:10 PM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/292/guoreeat.th.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/i/guoreeat.jpg/)

A sketch made by a Wizard, just before the Guoreeat ate the sun. The wizard was not harmed, and Planeshifted away just before the plane started to crumble in on itself.

Just click on the Picture!

Guoreeat

Fear not the night, little children.
Fear not the dreams, and the screaming moon.
Fear not the Fire, the Burning, and the Blaze
Fear not the Water, the Drowning, and the Bitter Cold.
Fear not, little children, the Pain, the Death, or the Hate.
Fear the Gulper, the Pig, and the Eater of Cosmos.
For his eye is upon you little children.
He has come, to seek your soul.
He has come, to devour you whole.
He has come, to destroy our world.
So run, little children.
For he will tear down the stones,
The pillars of hope,
The trust of many,
For the desires of one.
He has come for you little children,
So go, run away, run away,
For he cannot be overcome.

-Vaimus, Overdiety of Kasande.

Large Aberration [Extraplanar]
Hit Dice 67d8+1340 (1642 hp)
Speed 90 ft. (18 squares)
Initiative: +12
Armor Class 69; touch 13; flat-footed 65
(-1 size, +4 dexterity, +55 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple +50/+98
Attack Bite +80 (6d8+60, x4)
Full-Attack Bite +80 [6d8+60, x4], 4 Secondary Bites +80 (6d8+30, x4)
Space 10 ft./10ft.;
Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks: Devour Whole
Special Qualities: Aberration Qualities, Devour Spell, Aura of Fear, Consume, Bottomless Stomach, Regeneration 25, Fast Healing 20, Damage Reduction 40.
Saves Fort +48 Ref +41 Will +43
Abilities Str 70, Dex 21, Con 50, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills Jump +41, Escape Artist +30, Spot +36
Feats Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Run, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will, Improved Unarmed Strike, Defensive Sweep, Multiattack, Deflect Arrows, Combat Reflexes.
Epic Feats Epic Fortitude, Superior Initiative, Epic Speed, Epic Reflexes, Epic Will, Reflect Arrows, Improved Multiattack, Improved Combat Relfexes, Improved Darksight, Infinite Deflection, Legendary Wrestler, Spellcaster Harrier.
Environment Any
Organization alone.
Challenge Rating 34
Treasure Standard [expeditions into the monsters mouth looking for treasures eaten]
Alignment Neutral.
Advancement -
Level Adjustment –

The Guoreeat is the scourge of everything. It stalks every plane and consumes all it finds on that plane, eventually eating even the air that surrounds the plane, and the Stars, the Moon, and Sun. Because of this, on any plane that knows of the Guoreeat calls it the All Consuming. Often seers and oracles tell the coming residents of planes that the Guoreeat is coming to of the incoming apocalypse. So far, any force that has attempted to stop the Guoreeat has been eaten. The Guoreeat looks like a large worm, with mouths all over its body, and a primary jagged mouth on its face. Even with mouths all over its body, it still does have room for normal skin, and doesn’t look just like a giant roiling mass of mouths. It has stalks that come off of its back, similar to spines, but more ductile, and able to move on their own. On the end of each stalk is a single mouth. The Guoreeat has a long prehensile tail, which also has mouths all over it and a single large mouth on the end. Its arms are similarly mouth covered, but on its hands, instead of fingers like a normal human, it has yet again- more mouths [one for each arm.] Its eyes are small and incredibly hard to see without getting close to its face, which few will be able to do without being eaten. It walks on its back legs, which have claws on the end, similarly to how a humanoid walks. Its head is slightly thicker than the rest of its body. Its skin is slightly pink colored, and its mouths [all of them] constantly drool, so its body drags slime and saliva wherever it goes. When the Guoreeat uses its swallow whole ability, its mouth opens up to a very large size, and attempts to swallow the target. Unlike most humanoids, the Guoreeat only has a stomach for an internal organ, but, when the Guoreeat’s flesh is cut enough, it does not cut through the creatures stomach. The Guoreeat’s stomach cannot be cut by any means. The creature may still die from damage, but his stomach will still remain intact. When the Guoreeat starts to eat a plane, he first eats all inhabitants of the plane, then he eats all living organisms, then he starts to eat the ground, or whatever he is standing on. When he is done with that, he starts to try to eat the air, or whatever the inhabitants breathed. Then he starts to eat the very core of the plane, the stuff that holds it together. When he is done eating that, the plane starts collapsing, and the Guoreeat Teleports away, to start eating a new planet. The Guoreeat does not know what its home plane is, and neither does anyone else. When a spell effect like that of the Banishment Spell targets the Guoreeat [and it even works(which it wont, but this is just an example)] he is sent to a random plane, but because of the way his needs are processed, he immediately returns to the plane that he was banished from. Nobody knows what planes he goes after, or why he seeks to come to these planes.

Combat

the Guoreeat usually focuses on foes that can fight from a long range, like archers or casters, and will dimension door next to them and attempt a grapple. After eating the long ranged combatants, the Guoreeat goes after whoever else is within sight. After killing and eating all of the opponents he can find, he goes off in a new direction, searching for more food.

Devour Whole (Ex): the Guoreeat may swallow a creature with a successful grapple attempt. The Guoreeat gains a +30 bonus to grapple attempts in order to swallow a creature [this is not in the statistics for grapple attempts; this bonus only applies to Swallow Whole]. If the Guoreeat uses its main mouth to start the grapple attempt, he may grapple incorporeal creatures into his stomach.

Immunities: the Guoreeat is Immune to Fire, Acid, Cold, and Electricity damage. He is Immune to Ability Damage, Ability Drain, and Poison.

Bottomless Stomach (Ex): Unlike normal monsters that have the Swallow Whole ability, the Guoreeat does not have a restriction on the size of a creature it can eat, neither does it have a requirement on the amount of matter that can fit inside of its stomach. While in the Guoreeat’s stomach, a creature takes no damage from the stomach, but does not have its living functions still available necessarily. Most creatures that are swallowed die from hunger or thirst. Those who do not are often killed by the stronger opponents that the Guoreeat has swallowed. Some races that are strong enough, when the Guoreeat swallows them, might even have their whole race in his stomach [it is not unusual].

Devour Spell (Su): Whenever a Spell Affects the Guoreeat, the spell is immediately consumed by the Guoreeat [has no effect whatsoever], and grants the Guoreeat Temporary Hit Points equal to the spells level times five. If a spell has different spell levels depending on caster, it automatically takes the highest spell level. So if a Fear Spell is cast upon the Guoreeat, the Guoreeat Consumes the Spell, granting it 20 Temporary Hit Points [he may choose not to affect his own spell like abilities with this ability.]

Aura of Fear (Ex): Any creature within 30 feet of the Guoreeat must make a DC 43 will save or become panicked for as long as they stay within the radius of this ability plus 150 feet past the radius. If they make their save, they may not be affected by this ability for one day. This is a mind affecting ability. if a creature fails this save by 20 or more, they die [the Guoreeat will still attempt to eat their corpse].

Consume (Ex): Any attack against the Guoreeat forces the weapon to make a DC 63 Fortitude Save or be eaten by the multitude of mouths that cover the Guoreeat’s Skin. If the Wielder has a Higher Save Bonus than the Weapon [or if the Weapon has no bonus at all], than the Wielder may substitute its Bonus instead of the Weapons bonus. You may attempt to drop your weapon if it is completely consumed, and must do this as an immediate action. If you don’t, the Guoreeat may start a grapple attempt against you. If a creature makes an unarmed strike or natural attack against the Guoreeat and fails its save, then that Creature automatically starts a grapple with the Guoreeat, and receives a -10 penalty to the grapple check. Whenever the Guoreeat just grapples a creature, and does not swallow them, he gets 2 free bite attacks per round of grappling. When he makes these attacks, the opponent does not have his or her dexterity bonus to Armor Class.

Spell like Abilities: At Will- Dimension Door, Fly, Planeshift, True Seeing, ; 5/day- Haste. the Guoreeat casts these spells with a caster level of 30.

Bite Attacks (Ex): the Guoreeat’s bite attacks count as magical and epic for overcoming damage reduction, and hitting incorporeal targets.

Regeneration (Ex): All damage against the Guoreeat is converted into Nonlethal damage, and the Guoreeat heals 25 points of Nonlethal Damage a round. the Guoreeat takes normal damage from Sonic Attacks.

Fast Healing(Ex): the Guoreeat heals 20 points of Lethal damage a round, unless it has Nonlethal Damage. Then it heals the Nonlethal damage first, and then the Lethal damage [Fast Healing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fastHealing).]

Lore:

{table=head]
Knowledge DC|
Result
39|
the Guoreeat is a plane traveler
44|
He attempts to eat all that he can find on a plane
49|
the Immunities, and several Special Qualities.
54|
All of the Guoreeats abilities[/table]

Plot Hooks:

• All Prophets and Oracles scream out at the Same time, and Fall into a deep coma. The PCs are asked to find out why [it means that the Guoreeat has turned his attention to your plane, and will go after it after he is done eating the plane he is on now.]
• the Guoreeat has already invaded <insert Plane here> the PCs find out, and are asked to help stop the Guoreeat.
• the Guoreeat has invaded the current Material Plane, and has started consuming people. the PCs must stop it, before it eats everyone, and starts to consume the actual plane.

Vaynor
2009-06-25, 09:05 PM
Tome of the Worlds

http://www.wizards.com/magic%5Cimages%5Ccardart%5CWL%5Cthran_Tome.jpg

”It was beautiful. All of life in one Volume. I’ve never seen so much knowledge in my life. Just looking at the cover I felt like I knew more about the world than I ever had.

I touched it. I know I shouldn’t have. These visions have been floating through my head for the last three hours. I continue to be amazed, after all the wonders that I’ve seen.

It was magnificent. Even as I write these words I know that my life will never be as wondrous as it was when I saw the Book.

I wonder, why It would hide Itself away like that, everyone should be able to see it. I feel dizzy just thinking about touching it again. Oh, the wonders it contained. If knowledge is power, why, I must be the most powerful man in th...”

- Ellon Rodrick, mage, found dead with his final moments inscribed into his flesh

Small Construct
Hit Dice: 84d10+60+10 (532 hp)
Initiative: +71
Speed: 10 ft. levitate
Armor Class: 93 (+15 natural, -3 Dex, +70 insight, +1 size)
Base Attack/Grapple: +25/--
Attack: Slam +21 (1d4-4)
Full Attack: Slam +21 (1d4-4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell knowledge
Special Qualities: All knowledge, control life, emanate, levitate, precognition, reality containment, rewrite reality, telepathy, construct traits, DR 50/-, immune to acid, cold, electricity, fire, polymorph, and sonic, SR 74
Saves: Fort +103, Ref +100, Will +129
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 4, Con --, Int ∞, Wis 63, Cha 58
Skills: Appraise +∞, Balance +84, Bluff +111, Climb +83, Concentration +87, Craft +∞, Decipher Script +∞, Diplomacy +111, Disable Device +∞, Disguise +111, Escape Artist +84, Forgery +∞, Gather Information +111, Handle Animal +111, Heal +113, Hide +84, Intimidate +111, Jump +83, Knowledge (Any) +∞, Listen +113, Move Silently +84, Open Lock +84, Perform +111, Profession (Any) +113, Ride +84, Search +113, Sense Motive +111, Sleight of Hand +84, Spellcraft +∞, Spot +113, Survival +113, Swim +83, Tumble +84, Use Magic Device +113, Use Rope +84
Feats: Augment Summoning, Magical Aptitude, Iron Will, Improved Counterspell, Lightning Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Enhance Spell, Intensify Spell, Tenacious Magic (Telepathy), Spell Opportunity, Improved Metamagic, Epic Spellcasting, Spontaneous Spell, Spell Stowaway, Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Epic Will, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes, Epic Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Epic Skill Focus (Knowledge (Arcana)), Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Epic Toughness, Epic Toughness, Ignore Material Components, Improved Combat Casting
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary (unique)
Challenge Rating: 62
Treasure: None
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Advancement: –
level Adjustment: –

A large Book, the largest, some might say. The Tome of the Worlds. On its cover a constantly shifting myriad of writing. One word. Life.

The Tome of the Worlds is an incredibly large Book, although it is hard to tell exactly how large. On its cover the word “Life” is written in every language. Also appearing on the cover is a large dial, with a single point centered in the midst the names of every plane of existence. When the Book is closed, this dial is set to choose which plane of existence’s knowledge the Book shall contain (the Book is most often set to a default of the Material Plane). The Tome contains the knowledge of everything. Every action, every being, every spell, every thought. If anything ceases to be within the Tome, it no longer exists. The knowledge is so immense, many have strived to gain it. Accessing the knowledge, however, is another matter entirely. The origins of the Tome are unknown; it is a continued debate among the few that know of it whether or not the Tome created the universe or the universe created the Tome.

The Tome is 13 pounds, 10 inches thick, and 2 feet tall. The Tome can “speak” any language.

Combat

The Tome of the Worlds will defend itself at all costs. It disregards race and alignment when defending itself, any threat is immediately dealt with. The Tome will first attempt to neutralize their opponents without harming them, but will use deadly force if necessary. The Tome will also aid any creature willing to help it.

The Tome in most cases will start with Time Stop to destroy all enemies before they have a chance to act. The area in which the Tome resides is always heavily guarded by spells and enchantments.

All Knowledge: The Tome of the Worlds contains information on everything. There is nothing not contained within its covers; anything that has newly occurred is instantly added to the Books knowledge. Because of this, the Tome automatically succeeds on all Intelligence-based skill checks. The Tome also gains a +70 insight bonus on Initiative checks (based on its intimate knowledge of the world and its inhabitants), as well as a +70 insight bonus on all Saves and armor class. Because of its knowledge, the Tome also has no need for sight. It may “see” anything in reality, on any plane, at will. This ability is constantly in effect and the Tome may view as many locations as it wants at once with no penalty.

Control Life: Any being who touches the Tome is instantly flooded with knowledge and must make a DC 63 Will save or be immediately driven insane by the immense flow of knowledge (they still retain much of the knowledge, but are in no state to use it). Any creature driven insane in such a manner has a 50% chance to automatically succeed on a knowledge check, and gains a +10 bonus to all knowledge checks at the cost of permanent insanity. The insanity can never be removed by any means unless a being rewrites it in the Tome.

If the being who touches the Tome succeeds on their Will save, they immediately gains and affect similar to the All Knowledge ability. The being automatically gains +20 Intelligence, can “see” as the Tome does, can speak any language, automatically succeeds on all Knowledge checks, and uses their Intelligence check on all attack rolls (replacing Strength or Dexterity where applicable), saving throws (replacing each save’s respective ability modifier), initiative checks (replacing Dexterity), and armor class (replacing Dexterity). If the original score used (not Intelligence) is higher than the newly modified Intelligence score, use the original ability score’s modifier instead.

The being also gains control of the Tome (henceforth known as the controller). The controller may use the Tome to cast any spell available to the Tome. The controller may also use a standard action to rewrite reality (no limit on number of uses). The controller may rewrite reality however they please, with no restrictions as the Tome without a controller would have.

The controller immediately loses all bonuses from controlling the Tome when the Tome is no longer within at least 5 feet of the controller. If this occurs, the controller immediately loses control of the Tome and becomes permanently insane (as if he had not succeeded on the initial save).

The controller is slowly driven insane while controlling the Tome. Every full minute of controlling the Book, the controller must make a DC 63 Will save or lose 1d4 points of Intelligence permanently. Every time the controller fails this save, the DC increases by 2. Once the controller reaches 0 Intelligence (or lower) he loses control of the Tome and must make a final DC 63 Will save or die. If successful, he/she reverts to 1 Intelligence and is permanently insane.

The save is Wisdom based, with a +10 racial bonus.

Emanate: The Tome of the Worlds emits a powerful aura upon any being within 100 feet. All beings attempting to protect the Tome or apprehend those who would use it for selfish purposes are healed inversely to the distance they are from the Book, reduced by a factor of 10 (rounded up). For example, if a benefactor of the Tome was 72 feet away from the Tome, he/she would be healed for 3 hit points every round. If he/she then moved increasingly towards the Book, to a distance of 8 feet, he/she would be healed 9 hit points every round. The same effect applies to those who would harm the Tome or use it for selfish purposes. However, they are instead damaged the same amount a benefactor would be healed. Healing/damage effects are applied at the end of every round.

Levitate: The Tome of the Worlds may levitate at a speed of 10 feet/round. This ability is always in effect and cannot be canceled.

Precognition: The Tome of the Worlds sees actions as they happen 5 rounds before they occur. The Tome may view both present and future events at the same time without penalty.

Reality Containment: Whatever is written in the Tome is immediately transcribed to reality. The Tome and reality are one and the same. Also, the Tome cannot be altered by any means except its own. If the Tome is destroyed, reality is as well.

Rewrite Reality: Although the Tome of the Worlds may not normally rewrite its own pages, once per day it may do so in order to protect itself. Once activated, the Tome may alter any part of reality in its favor. This is a standard action, and is irreversible unless the Tome uses this ability again to change it (or another being who is controlling the Tome rewrites that same part of reality).

Spell Knowledge: Because the details of all existing spells exist within its pages, the Tome can call forth any of these spells at will, barring spells that do not meet the following criteria: the spells must be 0-9th level spells. These spells have no limit on number of times they are able to be cast, and need not abide by any cast time, material component, somatic component, verbal component, XP cost, or focus rules (all spells cast are a free action), and never needs to make a Concentration check. The Tome may use any metamagic feat with these spells without penalty. All spells cast by the Tome use Intelligence as the main ability score in all regards. The Tome can use any Metamagic feat on the spells it casts, and as many as it wants at a time without increasing the effective spell level. Spells of a greater magnitude are more limited (such as epic spells).

The Tome of the Worlds can cast any epic spell at will for which it can easily achieve the Spellcraft DC. Cast times still apply. All spells can only be used in defense of itself or those that would protect it (directly or indirectly).

Telepathy: The Tome of the Worlds may speak telepathically to any creature (regardless of distance or the plane they are currently residing on). This is a free and unlimited action, and the Tome may speak to any amount of creatures at the same time.

Lore

Knowledge DC

Result

There exists a Book that contains all knowledge

This Book directly controls reality

The Book, called the Tome of all Worlds, can be controlled

Controlling the Tome will drive you insane

Plot Hooks

Knowledge of the whereabouts of a Book that controls reality have surfaced, and it may be the only way to destroy a great enemy.
Your greatest enemy has learned of the Tome’s whereabouts and is going to attempt to control it. The world as you know it may be lost if you do not defeat him before he achieves his goal.
An old, powerful wizard (who has long been completely insane) may be the only person able to stop a powerful villain. However, his insanity can only be cured by gaining control of the Tome of the Worlds.

BisectedBrioche
2009-07-03, 06:51 PM
7000 years ago a city called Ferrogaea,
Became known for its work with iron,
Producing tools, art and weapons,
Armour for the chest, arms and headgear

Empires had them in their sights,
They sent spies scouts and spotters,
Some were caught and hung,
So Ferrogaea prepared to fight

The armies met on the field,
They charged across the planes,
Blood was spilt upon the grass,
Plans were plotted and revealed

In amoungst the first wave,
There was a girl tumbling in the sea,
Just another sword wielding grunt,
Falling to protect the knaves

Hjordis was here name,
Forgotten all but family,
But both for his city's glory,
And to give their daughter fame

Her father set to work,
To produce a weapon for the labour,
Of preserving both the memory,
Of Hjordis and Ferrogaea's legacy

He worked metal and magic,
Working on a sword of power,
He gave his work its own mind,
And the form of his daughter, a stoic

And so he forged a sword,
Which he called Hjor,
And gave it a form,
With which it presented to their lord

The mayor of the city,
Was impressed by the construct,
He commended the craftsman on his pride,
Although partly out of pity

Then he said to the blade,
"Now young womansword,
Here is your quest,
Firstly, smithing shall be your trade"

Then the mayor continued,
"As you travel on your journey,
Look for the worthy",
Find a warrior then duel"

"Duel them in this place,
Even should the city turn to jungle,
Should they best you, reward them,
Through this action the world will remember us"

"My only condition",
The sword stressed,
"Is that I be allowed,
To take the name of she I was modeled on"

The mayor spoke again,
"Then as you travel you shall,
Be known as Hjordis",
And so that became her name

So the she set off,
And to this day journeys on,
Searching for opponents to challenge,
In the name of Ferrogaea and Hjordis

Hjordis
Size/Type: Medium Construct (Chaotic)
Hit Dice: 45d10+20 (245 hp)
Initiative: +15
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 37, touch 25, flat-footed 22 (+15 dex, +12 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +30/+45
Attack: Hjor +45 melee (1d8+15); Kick +40 melee (1d6+15); Hjordis Knife + 45 ranged (1d6 +15)
Attack: Hjor +45 melee (1d8+15); Kick +40 melee (1d6+15); Hjordis Knife + 45 ranged (1d6 +15)
Special Attacks: 9 Strikes, Hjord, Stunning Kick
Special Qualities: Chaotic and Construct Traits, Goddess of Swords, Reforge Self, Challenge, Damage Reduction (10/epic slashing), Eons of Words
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +27, Will +20
Abilities: Str 41, Dex 41, Con —, Int 36, Wis 27, Cha 27
Skills: Balance (dex) +63, Bluff (Cha) +56, Intimidate (Str) +63, Gather Information (Cha) +56, Diplomacy (Cha) +56, Climb (Str) +63, Knowledge (int, History) +61, Profession (Wis, Swordsmith) +56, Craft (Int, Weaponsmithing) +61, Sense Motive (Wis) +56, Hide (Dex) +63, Jump (Str) +63, Survival (Wis) +56, Search (Wis) +56, Listen (Wis) +56
Feats: Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Improved Unarmed Strike, Deflect Arrows, Snatch Arrows, Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Overrun, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Darkvision [Epic], Legendary Leaper [Epic], Run (B), Track (B)
Organization: Solo
Challenge Rating: 22
Treasure: Standard plus Hjordis Knife
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Hjor is a powerful magical sword capable of creating a human avatar to wield herself. The sword uses the name Hjordis when interacting with sapient beings, taken from the fallen warrior she was created in the image of. See below for a description of Hjor. Hjordis resembles a young human woman of ambiguous ethnicity. She has tanned skin and her dark brown hair is in a French braid which splits into pigtails that go down to her shoulders. No matter what angle she is seen from, her eyes seems somehow obscured. Her clothing resembles a casual version of the ceremonial battledress the actual Hjordis wore before she fell; a highly polished blue steel breastplate (with a harness for Hjor) and pauldrons over a white and black tunic which extends to about knee length, stopping just short enough to avoid getting caught in her shin-guards, worn over a pair of comfortable leather and cloth shoes. She wears leather hand-wraps with metal greaves to hold them in place on her arms. A knotted linen belt at her hip holds the Hjordis Knife.

She (or it, if you wish to be impolite) was created thousands of years earlier by a master weaponsmith to preserve the memory of his home city, Ferrogaea (Feh-Row-gee-ah). When deciding on what the sword's avatar should look like, he settled on the image of his daughter, who fell defending it. He then commanded his creation to wander the world in search of worthy opponents to challenge in the name of the city. Hjordis will return to the ruins of the long destroyed city occasionally, but never consistantly.

Hjor (Su) See below for details of Hjordis' powers as a sword.

9 Strikes Whenever Hjordis successfully strikes someone with Hjor, roll a d10 and consult the following chart for the effect. This effect only occurs once per round. Hjordis may choose not to use this if she wishes;

{TABLE=head]d10|Strike|Save DC|Effect
1|False Start|n/a|None
2|Easy Pair|n/a|Hjordis may make an extra strike (this ability does not apply to this strike).
3|Birth of Three|DC 20 (will, Charisma based)|Target becomes lost in their early memories and may not use any abilities or feats granted by their last 1d6 levels for the next three days.
4|Deadly Four|DC 22 (Con, Strength based)|1d4 Con damage
5|No fives|DC 20 (Will, Charisma based)|For the next 5 days any 5s the victims rolls count as 1s.
6|Falling 6|n/a|The target immediatly falls prone.
7|Lucky 7|n/a|The next successful strike against that creature with Hjor automatically crits.
8|Golden 8|DC 22 (Con, Strength based)|The target takes 1d4 dex damage
9|Emperor's 9|DC 20 (Will, Charisma based)|The target becomes unable to bring themselves to attack Hjordis for 1d6 rounds. This effect is broken if she manages to hit them.
10|Double Digits|n/a|Roll twice, use both effects[/TABLE]

Chaotic and Construct TraitsA construct is an animated object or artificially constructed creature.

Features
A construct has the following features.

10-sided Hit Dice.
Base attack bonus equal to ¾ total Hit Dice (as cleric).
No good saving throws.
Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the construct has an Intelligence score. However, most constructs are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.

Traits
A construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Construct Size Bonus
Hit Points
Fine —
Diminutive —
Tiny —
Small 10
Medium 20
Large 30
Huge 40
Gargantuan 60
Colossal 80

No Constitution score.
Low-light vision.
Darkvision out to 60 feet.
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
Cannot heal damage on their own, but often can be repaired by exposing them to a certain kind of effect (see the creature’s description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
Because its body is a mass of unliving matter, a construct is hard to destroy. It gains bonus hit points based on size, as shown on the table.
Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
Proficient with no armor.
Constructs do not eat, sleep, or breathe.

Chaotic Subtype
A subtype usually applied only to outsiders native to the chaotic-aligned Outer Planes. Most creatures that have this subtype also have chaotic alignments; however, if their alignments change they still retain the subtype. Any effect that depends on alignment affects a creature with this subtype as if the creature has a chaotic alignment, no matter what its alignment actually is. The creature also suffers effects according to its actual alignment. A creature with the chaotic subtype overcomes damage reduction as if its natural weapons and any weapons it wields were chaotic-aligned (see Damage Reduction, below).

Goddess of Swords (Su) Anyone attempting to strike Hjordis with any non-bladed weapon takes a -5 penalty to hit.

Reforge Self (Ex) While she appears to be a normal human, "Hjordis" as most people percieve her is simply a construct generated to wield her; her true self is the sword, Hjor, she carries, with the "human" body being more of an extra limb. If Hjordis is reduced to 0 hp she immediately disappears. She is reformed after 24 hours with full HP unless someone claims Hjor, in which case she cannot reform until the new owner gives up possession of her.

Challenge (Su) Hjordis travels in search of worthy swordspeople to challenge to a duel. If they accept the challenge, she invites them to the ruins of the city where she was created, providing a map if necessary, but never acting as a guide (although if the challenger can track her there she won't complain). See combat below for details of the rules of the duel. If the challenger defeats her, they will gain a Hjordis Knife. Hjordis will only challenge someone she has already thought if they have gained power since she last fought them (at least 2 additional HD or CL) and fought fairly during the duel.

Damage Reduction Hjordis ignores the first 10 points of damage from any non-slashing, non-epic weapon.

Eons of Words (Ex) Having travelled the earth for many thousands of years, Hjordis can speak any language of the world (this doesn't apply to language that are not spoken terrestrially, secret languages such as Druidic, or languages not spoken by sapient creatures). When she does so, however, it is always in an archaic manner for that language.

Stunning Kick As per the ability granted by the Stunning Fist feat, however Hjordis may substitute any kick with a stunning kick.

Combat

Normal Combat

Hjordis does not usually prepare for combat, preferring to take challenges as they come. A round by round breakdown of her strategy is as follows;

Move in and perform a stunning kick on one opponent (if there is more than one). She prioritises swordsmen and women, whom she prefers to save until last.
Perform a full attack on another opponent, using nine strikes.
Try to keep most of her opponents stunned with kicks so she can fight them one at a time.
If she cannot avoid fighting multiple opponents at once she keeps her distance and uses her Hjordis Knife.
If the battle turns against her then she will at least try to make sure she is defeated by someone with a bladed weapon.

Dueling

When Hjordis is dueling she will not use her 9 Strikes ability or her Hjordis Knife, her strategy this time is;

Move in and use stunning kick on her opponent. Keeping her distance until it works.
Attack with Hjor.

Lore

The following can be learned with a Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History) check

{TABLE=head]DC|Lore
55|This is Hjordis, a mysterious swordswoman who sometimes challenges worthy fellow warriors to duels in the ruins of a city.
60|Those who win those duels are rewarded with powerful weapons. The rare few who are worthy to wield her sword becomes her travelling companion.
65|Hjordis is actually a construct, "she" is in reality the sword Hjor itself.
70|Those who wield Hjor gain a wonderful shine on their armour.[/TABLE]

Hjor - Major Artifact

Hjor is an intelligent Longsword with the following attributes; Brilliant Energy, Mighty Cleaving and Vorpal. In addition as an intelligent weapon she can use the following abilities;

can bless its allies 3/day
has 10 ranks in Spot
has 10 ranks in Sense Motive
Item has 10 ranks in Diplomacy
has continuous detect scrying effect
can use haste on its owner 3/day
can locate creature 3/day

It is able to create an avatar (Hjordis) to wield it in stead of an owner while both are one and the same, Hjordis has her own skills while manifested. If Hjordis is defeated then the weapon can be claimed by anyone who picks it up within 24 hours. The sword itself (but no its avatar) has 120 ft. darkvision, blindsense, and hearing and may communicate by speech and telepathy while wielded by someone other than Hjordis. In addition, Hjordis may appear as an illusion visible to the wielder and anyone else she wishes to appear to for ease of communication.

While carried as a weapon, Hjor has an ego score of 28. She refuses to be carried by any character whose alignment is not within one step of chaotic good and has less than 25 HD or CL. If such a character should best and wield her she will make ego checks as often as possible to force them to discard her and allow her to regenerate her avatar. She will otherwise simply encourage her wielder to seek out worthy challenges. As long as she is being carried by someone she has no conflicts with Hjordis can also help them guide their movements or act as an advisor; The wielder has access to her Eons of Words and Stunning kick abilities and is able to use any of her mental scores and skill ranks in place of their own.

Finally, anyone who carries Hjor(dis) will experience two cosmetic effects; any steel armour they wear will become blue and highly polished (like the armour Hjordis appears to wear) and their hair will turn the same shade of dark brown as Hjordis' (as long as it is possible for that character's race). If the wielder is female, Hjor will encourage them to wear their hair in the same style as Hjordis (A french braid which splits into pigtails that extend to the shoulder), possibly dominating them if they're too dead set against it.

Hjordis Knife - Minor Artifact

A Hjordis Knife is a Returning, Seeking, Distance, Ghostouch +3 throwing knife (treat it as a Dart for damage and range) granted to anyone who accepts Hjordis' challenge and defeats her. When she has been reduced to 0 hp the weapon immediatly appears in the owner's throwing hand. They may summon or dismiss it at will from then on. If they lose it, they can still summon it, it is automatically dismissed if it moves more than 50ft. from the owner. The owner is automatically proficient with it even if they are not proficient with that type of weapon. If the owner is killed their Hjordis Knife appears next to their corpse and shatters. If the owner is brought back to life they may reform the knife from one of the shards. If they cannot recover a shard then they must track down Hjordis, challenge her to a rematch and win again.

Hjordis Knife is not a unique artifact and there is no limit to the amount of people who have access to one.

Bhu
2009-07-13, 06:02 AM
work in progress, as usual

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/bhutastan/monsters/FalseGOd.jpg

False God
Large Outsider (Evil, may also be Lawful or Chaotic, Abomination)
Hit Dice: 40d8+360 (680 hp)
Initiative: +15
Speed: 50 ft (10 squares), Climb 50 ft., Swim 50 ft., Burrow 50 ft., Fly 50 ft. (Perfect)
Armor Class: 45 (-1 Size, +7 Dex, +13 natural, +16 Deflection), touch 32, flat-footed 38
Base Attack/Grapple: +40/+50
Attack: Annihilate +46 Melee or Ranged Touch (Annihilation, see below)
Full Attack: Annihilate +46 Melee or Ranged Touch (Annihilation, see below)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Annihilation, Spell-Like Abilities, Domain, Divine Aura
Special Qualities: Abomination Traits, Fast Healing 20, Regeneration 20, SR 42, DR 40/Epic, Energy Resistance (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Sonic) 20, Dark Vision 240’, Divine Power
Saves: Fort +47, Ref +45, Will +47
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 25, Con 29, Int 26, Wis 28, Cha 43
Skills: Bluff +50, Concentration +45, Diplomacy +50, Gather Information +50, Intimidate +50, Knowledge (Arcane, Geography, History, Local, Religion, The Planes) +42, Listen +43, Search +42, Sense Motive +43, Spellcraft +42, Spot +43, Use Magic Device +50, any three other skills at 36 ranks
Feats: Blind-Fight, Blinding Speed, Boost Spell-Like Ability, Combat Reflexes, Empower Spell-Like Ability, Heighten Spell-Like Ability, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Intimidating Strike, Master Manipulator, Maximize Spell-Like Ability, Quicken Spell-Like Ability, Superior Initiative, Violate Spell-Like Ability
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 30
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Any Evil
Advancement: 41+ HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: -----

” The Gods visit the sins of the fathers upon the children.“

Occasionally a Deity mates with another powerful Outsider, or being of some power. Or perhaps if it is powerful enough it's dreams and emotions take up a life of their own. There are many theories on the origins of the False Gods, but there are only 2 consistencies to all of them:

The Gods are responsible for their creation, and their continued existence.

They are irredeemably vain, sociopathic, and without mercy.

A False God wanders the Planes until it finds a suitable niche somewhere far from the attentions of it's Divine parent, and begins to try to set itself up as a God by the use of it's magical abilities. It is believed they wish to convert worshipers away from the true Gods in a bid to usurp their power, although it isn't likely they have a real chance of doing this. At least it's widely assumed that this or just a blatant attempt to grab power in the material world is their goal.

Of equal concern and controversy is why their parents do nothing to stop them. At least not directly. Some Gods have subtly backed mortal champions who have undertaken missions to defeat their more evil progeny. Some have been spectacularly less than subtle. But none of them have ever personally raised a hand to smite one of their children despite their being so viciously sadistic.

it is also unknown exactly why their progeny are so vile. For Evil deities their children being murdering, manipulative monsters comes as no surprise. But what cause the children of Good deities (and whatever they mated with) to be so unconscionably foul? There are even rumors of a seductress of some power who personally hopes to defeat the Gods with their own sons and daughters.

False Gods can generally appear as almost anything they like with their ability to Shapechange. They often appear as a member of whatever race they are attempting to influence, or at least in a form that they would find attractive or comfortable. But in moments of great anger or frustration their true nature bubbles to the surface, and they momentarily lose control and appear as some sort of ever shifting monstrosity. False Gods speak all known languages.

Annihilation (Ex): Mortal beings cannot withstand the assaults of a False God. As a Standard Action the False God can make a Melee or Ranged Touch Attack (range is 240’). If the attack is successful, and the victim has no Divine Rank, he must make a DC 46 Willpower Save or Die. If the Save is successful he instead takes 10d6 untyped damage. If the opponent has Divine Rank and the attack is successful it instead does 3d6 plus the False Gods Charisma Modifier. The exact appearance of the attack varies from False God to False God, and can look like virtually anything (however they all operate the same mechanically).

Spell Like Abilities (Sp): False Gods may cast the following at will as Spell-Like Abilities: Heal, Limited Wish, Mass Charm Monster, Mass Cure Serious Wounds, Shapechange. Caster Level is equal to Hit Dice.

Domain (Su): False Gods have access to one Domain associated with their Divine Parent. They may cast any Domain spell of 6th level or lower at will as a Spell-Like Ability. 7-8th level Domain spells can be cast 3/day as a Spell-Like ability, and 9th level spells 1/day. Caster Level is equal to Hit Dice. It can use the Domain Ability at will, Cleric Level is equal to it’s Hit Dice.

Divine Aura (Su): Any being within 100' is affected by the False Gods Divine Aura if they fail a DC 46 Willpower Save (Save DC is Charisma Based). If they succeed they are immune to this False Gods Aura for 24 hours. If they fail they are subject to the Aura's effects for the duration of the encounter and for 1 hour after. The False God can use one of the following effects. It is born able to use this effect and cannot change it later:

Fear: All beings in the Area of Effect are Shaken.

Love: All beings in the Area are Charmed as if by a Charm Person spell.

Bedazzlement: Opponents are Fascinated.

This is a Mind-Affecting Effect. Beings with a Divine Rank or more Hit Dice than the False God are immune to this ability.

Abomination Traits False Gods are immune to Death by Massive Damage, Polymorph, Petrification, Energy Drain, Ability Drain/Damage, or Mind-Affecting Effects. They also have Blindsight 500’, Telepathy 1000’, Nondetection, and True Seeing at will.

Regeneration (Ex): False Gods cannot Regenerate damage done by weapons of opposing alignments. For example a Lawful Evil False God cannot regenerate Chaotic or Good damage. It also cannot regenerate damage done by the spells cast by Clerics of it's Divine Parent.

Immunities : Immune to disease, stunning, sleep effects, poison, Death Effects, and Disintegration.

Divine Power (Su): False Gods get a Deflection Bonus to their AC, and a Profane Bonus to their Saving Throws equal to their Charisma Modifier.

Skills: The False God has a +12 Racial Bonus on any 3 Skills associated with it’s Divine Parents Domains or Portfolio.

Combat: False Gods attempt to hide their nature as long as possible using their spell like abilities to pretend to be priests or wizards. But if something should actually harm them or upset their plans, they will be quick to use their Annihilation ability.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (Religion) may have heard the stories about the False Gods. When the character makes a skill check, the following lore is revealed, including the information from lower DCs.

{table]DC|Lore
50| The False Gods are Abominations, children of a Deity and a Lesser (possibly mortal) being (this reveals all Abomination traits). False Gods are incredibly powerful and can kill with a gesture if necessary.
55| The False Gods are utterly Evil, and driven to destroy their parents by trying to replace them in the hearts of their worshipers. They are vulnerable to the Clerics patronized by their Divine Parent.
60| The Gods themselves will not personally attack the False Gods, but they will back mortal champions who do so. [/table]

Plot Hook
The PC's have been asked to find out what's behind raids in the local desert. Defeating the bandits, they stealthily follow them to their lair, and find a camp built around an oasis on no maps they know of. What lurks in the pool can only be called an abomination before the Gods. A monstrous violation of nature. Fleeing back to their city bound employers they make ready to lead an assault that may well be the death of them all.
Animals in a nearby forest have been somehow picking off the villages one by one. Eventually the PC's find a deserted town filled with the staring malignant eyes of what should be dumb beasts gazing at them from every cranny. After enduring countless assaults from animals far craftier than they should be, the PC's venture into the forest to find the source of their discomfort, and find waiting for them a thing that demands to be worshiped on pain of their deaths.
The High Temple of Pelor has been destroyed by what appears to be a rival God. A God with...less than benevolent intentions. A God who claims to have defeated Pelor and replaced him as deity of the Sun. All of the priests are dead so there is no one to say otherwise. The PC's have been asked to find out what has happened. If they can escape the city.
The PC's rescue what appears to be a lone woman surrounded by a gathering of Druids. The Druids seem to give up a little too easily, perhaps even without combat. And long after they have left the forest, the PC's new traveling companion begins to exhibit certain powers. Powers that suggest that perhaps she never needed the PC's help. Powers that suggest they may have been wrong in 'rescuing' her. But how can they find out what her intentions are now?

Nhoj
2009-07-18, 06:46 AM
Loutae

Epic
" Maybe you expected some sort of surprise, for me to present you with a secret that had perhaps eluded you, something that would forever change your prespetive, an event that would have shattered your soul. There was never a great revelation, nor any grand secret. Yes I have betrayed you, but there must always be the one, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Those who have been betrayed in their heart, and those who will betray in turn.

I have used you, from the moment your father let me cradle you in my arms. I have used you. I manipulated events so that you could thwart my enemies. To rob them of their precious victories for my own gain. You lured them on your own pursuit, but did you not benefit?

I have given you what your heart desired most, the greatest tale ever sung. I made you the greatest king that ever lived. Yet underneath the thin veneer of your glamour you have realised that your a monster as much as I or our child Orren".

- Louate, Last words spoken to Bragramor.

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/037/a/b/Kaguya_Hime_2___WIP_2_by_aruarian_dancer.jpg

Medium Undead
Hit Dice: 30d12 (200 hp)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 45, touch 27, flat-footed 38
(+8 armor, +5 Deflection, +7 dexterity, +5 insight, +10 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+17
Attack: +5 Quarterstaff +22 (1d6+8)
Full Attack: Quarterstaff +20/+15/+10 (1d6+8)
Special Attacks: Spells, Spell-like Abilities
Special Qualities: DR 10/-, Dark Speech, Memory manifestation 240 ft., Mock Divinity, Permanent Spells, Spell-like Abilities, SR 35, Undead Traits
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +17, Will +29
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 24, Con -, Int 20, Wis 34, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +30, Concentration +38, Diplomacy +40, Intimidate +27, Knowledge (Arcana) +38, Knowledge (History) +38, Knowledge (Religion) +38, Knowledge (the Planes) +38, Listen +30, Sense Motive +30, Spellcraft +51, Spot +30
Feats: Automatic Quicken Spell, Craft Wondrous Items, Dark Speech, Extend Spell, Maximize Spell, Quicken Spell, Skill Focus (Spellcraft)
Epic Feats: Craft Epic Wondrous Items, Epic Spellcasting, Epic Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Improved Spell Capacity
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 32
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Advancement: 31-50 HD
Level Adjustment: N/A

Description
Loutae is said to have two forms, one an advanced zombie (said to be her true form), and the other, a human female of dark beauty. In the latter form, Loutae has long black hair and is of fair complexion. It is said none who have seen her true form still live.
Loutae was adopted by the High Priestess Allesca. She was at one time the apprentice of Agarne Moyziz. Loutae's power is so great that some contend she has achieved demigod status. Besides her magical might, Loutae is also known to have ruled several empires as a Tyrant, and manipulating world events for her own personal gain.

History
Loutae is said to have been once named Kymell, and it is under this name she was adopted by the high priestess Allesca. Under Allesca's tutelage, Kymell grew into a devoted and talented cleric, and soon became known as "Kymell the wise".

Loutae next appeared in Zenurtha some 1000 years ago, in the tenth century, where she was also known as Ersara. After being driven from Hhonne for unsealing a demonic entity (Where it is assumed she acquired the Celestial Robe), Ersara made her way to the capital city of Ywnd. Now using the name Ymel, Loutae encountered the dark priest Agarne Moyziz, who quickly took her as an apprentice. After a century or so, Ymel served as a commander of the Jaobe emprie's army, leading her back to Zenurtha. Where she and the Jaobe army decimated the once peaceful city. She and her master Agarne Moyziz imprisoned the Archdevil Moloch, unknown to Agarne, Ymel spoke to the imprisoned archdevil, and learned many secrets. Soon after, Loutae fleed with several powerful tomes in Agarne's possession, including a copy of Iggwilv's Demonomican.

Loutae eventually reached the Tilcek Mountains, now transformed into a mockery of its former self now called Loutae's Keep; it is said to be the final resting place of the ancient cleric Jontsah. There, using the lore and power she had stolen from Moloch and Agarne, she bound Jontsah in mortal form to serve her using him as a slave for three centuries.

Loutae's next appearance in the historical records of Feyze'Brue in the year 497. Using what she had stolen (and learned) from Agarne. Loutae assembled an army and attacked Feyze'Brue from her base in the Tilecks known as the Memoria Crypts, In the year 506 her conquest of Feze'Brue was at last completed, she held the nation in an iron grip until Jontsah rebelled, a first time in the years of his servitude. She ferociously fought against the maddened spirit, weakened from the battle against her ancient slave. The people of Feyze'Brue managed to defeat her forces and regained their nation once more. After the loss of Feyze'Brue little was heard of Loutae, and after a short while, many believed Loutae had finally died.

In 940, Loutae had two clashes with the Company of White, who had sent adventurers to foil her plans. The first took place in the fabled Memoria Crypts of Jontsah and ended with the destruction of her companion (and lover), the archmage Uarfoi. The second regarded her plans to bring forth a large legions of devils to the material plane, which was thwarted by another band of adventurers.

Her last confrontation with the Company of White happened in 987, when the Glorious King Dhenque employed a band of adventurers to recover a copy of Iggwilv's Demonimicon, Loutae currently resides in the Bleak Eternity of Gehenna. Her current plans are unknown.

Combat
Spells: Loutae casts spells as a 30th level cleric.
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 30th)
Epic - Dirge of Infernal Fire*, Peripety (already cast), Ruin
10th - quickened greater dispel magic, quickened harm
9th - Gate, Miracle (2), Soul Bind, Summon Monster IX (D)
8th - Create Greater Undead, Fire Storm (2), Greater Planar Ally, Summon Monster VII, Unholy Aura (D)
7th - Blasphemy, Destruction (2), Greater Scrying, Inflict Serious Wounds Mass, Repulsion, Soul Link (D)
6th - Banishment, Blade Barrier, Dispel Magic Greater, Harm (2), Word of Recall
5th - Command Greater, Dispel Good, Dominate Person (D), Scrying, Slay Living (2), True Seeing, Unhallow
4th - Charm Monster (D), Discern Lies (2), Inflict Critical Wounds (2), Spell Immunity (2), Tongues (2)
3rd - Animate Dead (2), Bestow Curse (2), Deeper Darkness, Dispel Magic, Inflict Serious Wounds (2), Suggestion (D)
2nd - Beckoning Call (D), Death Knell, Darkness, Hold Person, Inflict Moderate Wounds (2), Status (2), Undetectable alignment
1st - Charm Person (D), Comprehend Languages, Detect Good, Doom, Inflict Light Wounds (2), Protection from Good (2), Shield of Faith
0 - Detect Magic (2), Inflict Minor Wounds (3), Light
D domain spells; Domains Evil, Temptation**
*This spell is unique to Loutae.
** This domain may be found on page 90 Fiendish Codex I

Dirge of Infernal Fire
Conjuration (Calling) [Evil]
Spellcraft DC: 58
Components: DF, XP
Casting Time: 3 rounds
Range: 75 ft.
Target: One Hellfire Wyrm
Duration: 1 hour
Saving Throw: DC 40, Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
To Develop: 648, 000 gp; 13 days; 25, 920 xp, Seed: summon (DC 14). Factors: summon CR 26 dragon (+58 DC), no verbal component (+2 DC), no somatic component (+2 DC), increase duration by 100% (five times, +10 DC), increase saving throw DC by +8 (+16 DC), reduce casting time by 13 rounds (+6 DC). Mitigating factors: burn 5,000 XP (-50 DC).

This spells allows Loutae to reach out across the multiverse to bring forth a Hellfire wyrm, forcing the dragon to appear before her to follow her orders. This is a CR 26 Hellfire wyrm with statistics identical to those given on page 125 of the Monster Manual II. Loutae must beat the dragon's SR of 37 in order to cast this spell, and the Hellfire wyrm can resist being summoned if it makes a DC 40 Will save (normally only possible with a 19 or higher)
XP Cost: 5, 000 XP.

Spell-like abilities: At Will - Plane Shift
3/day - Detect Scrying, Identify
2/day - Legend Lore
1/day - Foresight
1/month - Time Stop

Ability descriptions
Dark Speech Loutae can use this forbidden language to achieve four effects, as follows:
Dread: When Loutae uses Dark Speech in this manner, she takes 1d4 points of charisma damage. Every other creature within 30 feet must make a DC Will save. Evil creatures who fails this save cower in fear for 1d10 rounds if their 4th-level or lower, are charmed (as charm monster) for 1d10 rounds if they're 5th-10th level, and 11th level or higher evil creatures are impresed (granting Loutae a +2 competence bonus on attempts to change their attitude). Non-evil creatures who fail this save are shaken for 1d10 rounds and must flee from Loutae until she's out of sight if they're 4th-level or lower, are shaken for 1d10 rounds. If they're 5th-10th level, or are filled with loathing for Loutae if they're 11th-level or higher.
Power: Loutae takes 1d4 points of charisma damage by incorperating Dark Speech into the verbal component of a spell, increasing its effective caster level by +1. By using it while creating an evil magic item, she increases its caster level by 1 without increasing its cost.
Corruption: As a full-round action, Loutae can use Dark Speech to reduce an inanimate object's hardness by half. She can use this ability only once per object.
Dark Unity: Loutae can establish a hive mind in any swarm of vermin or animals with an intelligence score of 2 or lower, and then can give the swarm one suggestion (Cl 30th). Using Dark Speech in this way deals 1d4 points of Charisma damage to Loutae.
Memory Manifestation (Su): Loutae has a unique aura that surrounds her at all times. In areas of concentrated emotions, the strongest memories of the area manifest. All beings and actions are forever cursed to replay their last moments. They do not affect the plane.
Mock Divinity (Ex): Loutae casts spells as a 30th-level cleric, She has access to the spheres of Evil and Temptation. She cannot spontaneously cast cure or inflict spells, nor can she turn or rebuke undead.
Permanent Spells Loutae has the following permanent spell effects on herself; darkvision, read magic, see invisibility and tongues.

Possessions
- Belt of Battle, Bracers of Armor +8, the Celestial Robe*, the Demonomican, Gloves of storing (2), Mirror of Truths*, Pale green ioun stone, +5 Quarterstaff, Ring of freedom of movement (does not use a ring slot), Ring of protection +5, True seeing ointment (4 doses).
*the Celestial Robes (Major Artifact)
Once long ago, a celestial being forged this article of clothing. Bestowing it upon his love, a mortal princess. The Celestial Robes were later stolen several centuries later by a demoness, although it has reportedly surfaced briefly from time to time since then. This robe may only be worn by females. The Celestial Robe grants a +5 insight bonus to AC and grants SR 36. It gives the wearer 10/- damage reduction to those who wear it. It also allows the wearer to plane shift at will, as per an amulet of the planes.
CL 30th.
*Mirror of Truths (Major Artifact)
A hero of old, the mage Andros crafted this relic two millenniums ago, weaving together divine power into the metal circle frame. The Mirror of Truths acts as a divine focus, as well as a crystal ball with the true seeing ability. The Mirror of Truths also has these powers.
Time Stop: Once per month the mirror may allow the user to temporary halt time.
Identify: three times per day the relic can identify a magical item, as per the identify spell (in the Players Handbook)
Detect Scrying: Three times per day warns you of magical eavesdropping.
Legend Lore: Two times per day you can learn tales about a person, place or thing.
Foresight: once per week the Mirror of Truths can alets you of an impending danger.
CL 25th.

Experience Points
Loutae has 27, 000 experience points to use for spells like gate or miracle.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lore
{table]Knowledge (History) DC|Lore
DC 42|Loutae is a powerful Cleric who has ruled the nation of Feyze'Brue, she also bound the corrupted soul of a corrupted Jontsah into her servitude.
DC 47|Loutae took slowly manipulated the monarchy of Canthet, becoming matron to the young crowned prince Bragramor. Eventually gaining political power counselling King Bragramor. They sired the Quasi-Deity Orren.
DC 52|Loutae achieved Undeath in 714; she helped her son to acheive divine status.[/table]

Plot Hook

Loutae has allied with Szass Tam using the adventuring party to thwart him, leaving the Lich to weaken himself. The PC's eventually find out the plot to over throw the Zulkir of Necromancy. They debate on whether to trade one tyrant for another. (Faerun)
The PC's are on the continent of Khorvaire they are employed to recover an ancient relic called the Celestial Robe, stolen from a young acolyte. Once they returned the artifact to it's "rightful" owner, the PC's realize they aided their nemesis.
Playing a dangerous game of chess with her rival, the Witch-Queen, Iggwilv. Loutae and the Archmage have slowly conquered several small nations, uniting them under one banner. the PCs must stop both Iggwilv's and Loutae's forces before they decimate the Perrenlands

The Gilded Duke
2009-07-20, 07:39 PM
The Known World

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/407620/earth_1_apollo17.gif

Epic: How We Came to Be

Listen!

Grip your sword tight and hear our story.
This is our home.
It was forged from the stars by smiths unknown.
Our mountains and valleys were hammered by meteor
Our plains and oceans were tempered by the solar winds.

Cast your spell and don your armor.
This is our home.
But it is not our home alone.
The grass grows, the bulette digs, and the stirges sing.
We tend our fields and our children grow.

We wrote epic and law
We saw monarch and tyrant
We won our wars, we sang our songs.
Our magics grew and flourished.
Our nations were the greatest might once known.

Say a prayer and let your heart be heard.
Though the sky is dark with battle,
Though the oracles are silent,
Though the quintessence has been released.
Though we have no assurance of success,
We must fight.

For this is the only home we know.

We fight for ourselves,
for the neighbors we once warred,
for the graves of our ancestors,
and for the lives of the children who are yet to come.

Listen.
We are the last defenders of our world.
If we do not prevail none will remain to view our failure.
We must fight.

For that is all they have left us.

Description:
This is the world. There may be other worlds in the Prime Material, but there might not be. For the people that live here any other worlds are at best distant or mythical. This is what they have. They were born here, they lived here and they will die here.

In time they developed magic and the means to defend themselves. They thought they were safe. Until you showed up with the intent to destroy.
They don't know why, but an entire world will not go out without a fight.

Entire races of humanoids do not quietly disappear. But even if you do managed to defeat the many nations of the world, the planet is not without its own defenses.

First Stage:
Fighting the Known World is a multi-staged fight.
When the fight begins The Known World, the Biosphere, Civilization, and Advanced Civilization attack any opponents.

The Biosphere takes half of all damage done to the Known World. Civilization takes half of all damage dealt to the Biosphere. Advanced Civilization takes half of all damage dealt to Civilization.

While Advanced Civilization still exists Civilization takes no damage from The Known World's attacks. Both Civilization and Advanced Civilization have abilities that harm the Biosphere.

Second Stage:
After Civilization and Advanced Civilization are both destroyed the Animus Guardian becomes active. Animus Guardian takes half of all damage dealt to the Biosphere. If the Biosphere is destroyed it takes half of all damage dealt to the Known World.

Animus Guardian enhances the abilities of The Known World and makes its own attacks.

The Known World Statistics

The Known World
Colossal + Ooze (Planet)
Hit Dice 179d10 HD+5,191 (6091)
Speed 0
Initiative: +0
Armor Class 0; touch 0; flat-footed 0
(-10 Size, + 0 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple +134/+203
Attack -
Full-Attack -
Space 90,000,000 ft [Starship Scale 400].; Reach 45,000,000 ft. [Starship Scale 200]
Special Attacks Gravity, Atmosphere, Storm System, Volcano, Quake
Special Qualities Planet, Immune to Ability Drain, Immune to Ability Damage, Regeneration 200, DR 50/-, Bonded Symbiont, Planet Death
Saves Fort +73 Ref +53 Will +49
Abilities Str 100, Dex 10, Con 50, Int -, Wis 2, Cha 30
Skills -
Feats Toughness x 7 B, Epic Toughness x 53 B
Environment Space / Non Planetary
Organization Single or System (1-9)
Challenge Rating 35
Treasure Half (Gems Only)
Alignment Neutral
Advancement by Symbiont
Level Adjustment -

Combat

Gravity (Ex): At the beginning of the World's turn it attempts to pull all creatures and objects within it's reach towards it as a free action. Treat this as an opposed grapple check. Corporeal creatures normally immune to grapple, or who automatically succeed on grapple checks must roll as if they did not have this ability. If World wins the grapple check it pulls the creature or object 225,000 feet [1 starship scale] closer. For every additional 300 points the World beats its target in the grapple check the target moves an additional 225,000 feet closer.

Creatures moved by Gravity provoke attacks of opportunity. If the target is moved to 0 feet from the World, both it and the world take 20d6+45 points of damage. Creatures effected by Gravity may also take damage from Atmosphere.

Creatures that are within 9,000 feet of World at the beginning of the World's turn are immune to the world's Gravity ability, however they treat the area within 9,000 feet of the World as a normal gravity environment, and treat the World as the center of that Gravity.

Atmosphere (Ex) If any creature or object within 225,00 feet [1 starship scale] of the world move more then 1,000 feet in a round they take 20d6 fire damage. Symbionts may give additional atmospheric effects.

Storm System (Ex) World can create a storm as a swift action. World can have three Storm Systems active at a time. All storm systems effect a two mile(10,560 feet) radius around a targeted location within 225,000 feet of World. All storm systems include:

75+ MPH Winds
Perceptitation that blocks all sight
6 lightning bolts per round targeted at creatures in the area.
10d6 electricity damage. DC 55 Reflex half

When each storm is created roll a d10. On a 1-6 use the above statistics. On a 7 or 8 the winds are instead 175 MPH
On a 9 or 10 the area is also severely cold. (Frostburn pg 9)

Volcano(Ex) World can cause a volcanic eruption as a full round action at any point 0 feet from it's surface.
Everything within 30 feet of the target point is immersed in lava. The lava spreads five feet every round for 2d10 rounds. Each round a creature or object is immersed in lava they take 20d6 fire damage. All creatures and objects within 300 feet of the lava are partially exposed and take 2d6 fire damage a round.

The ash within 300 feet of the lava is not breathable, and may require living creatures to hold their breath. The ash blocks all sight including darkvision farther then 5 feet.

Creatures and objects that are no longer exposed take half damage for three rounds.

Inside the Lava it is severely hot. Inside the ash cloud it is only extremely hot.

Quake (Ex): As a swift action World can create a Quake, targeting a 2 mile (10,560 feet) radius area of the World's surface. The Quake lasts for 2d10 rounds.

Any creature trying to cast while standing in a Quake area has to make a concentration check of 1d20+spell level.

All creatures within the radius must also make a Reflex save DC 55 save or fall down. There is a 25 percent chance that any creature or object must also make a save against falling into a fissure Reflex DC 55. As the fissures grind, any creature inside is killed.

Planet (Ex): As a Planet, World is too massive and diverse to be affected by any targeted spell, power, spell like ability, or supernatural ability.
The Known World can still be targeted by other attacks such as a sword or a siege weapon. Targeted effects that activate on hit fail to effect the Known World if they require a target. Area affecting spells and abilities work on The Known World normally.

As a Planet, World has no natural weapons, cannot wield weapons, and cannot perform unarmed strikes or touch attacks.

Regeneration(Ex): No form of attack deals lethal damage to the World. The World is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds. If the World fails its save against any spell or effect that would kill it instantly the World instead takes nonlethal damage equal to the creature's full normal hit points (6091). The World cannot be destroyed through nonlethal damage. See Symbionts and Planet Death.

Bonded Symbiont: The World has a series of symbiont which are bonded to it. These symbiont give The World additional defensive abilities and absorb damage done to the World. If all of the Symbionts are destroyed then the World begins the process of Planetdeath.

Planetdeath (Ex): Once every last Symbiont has been destroyed Planetdeath has begun. Fire, Electricity and Acid now deal normal damage to The Known World. Once the Known World has reached half hit points (3,045 hp) it is no longer able to use any Storm System attacks, and all currently running Storms stop. Once the Known World has reached one quarter hit points (1522 hp) it no longer has the Atmosphere Special Attack or Damage Reduction.

Once it reaches -1 hit points The Known World is destroyed.

Biosphere

The Biosphere
Colossal + Plant (Symbiont)
Hit Dice 134d8 HD+ 3941 (4481)
Speed 0
(-10 Size, + 0 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple +100/+169
Attack Swarm (1d6) See Fauna, +145 See Dire Fauna
Full-Attack Swarm (1d6) See Fauna, +145/140/135/130 See Dire Fauna
Space 9,000 ft [Starship Scale 1].; Reach 9.000 feet [Starship Scale 1]
Special Attacks Flora, Dire Flora, Fauna, Dire Fauna, Disease
Special Qualities Planet Symbiont, Regeneration 50, Biosphere Suffers, Atmosphere, Spell Like Abilities
Saves Fort +80 Ref +40 Will +40
Abilities Str 100, Dex 10, Con 50, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 30, Ego 23
Skills -
Feats Toughness x 7 B, Epic Toughness x 38 B
Environment Planet
Organization Single
Challenge Rating +5
Treasure None
Alignment Neutral
Advancement -
Level Adjustment -

Atmosphere(Ex):
All creatures within range of the bonded planet's Atmosphere ability are considered to have breathable air available to them.

Flora(Ex):
Any hostile creature within 100 feet of the bonded planet must make a reflex save DC 55 or become entangled. The creature can break free as a full round action with a DC 20 Strength check or DC 20 Escape Artist check. If a creature makes its reflex save, or breaks out after being entangled it can only move at half speed through any point within 100 feet of the bonded planet.

Dire Flora (Su):
Every round a hostile creature spends entangled by Flora there is a 50 percent chance that it takes a single point of con damage as carnivorous plants attempt to devour it.

Fauna(Ex):
Any hostile creature that begins it's turn within the reach of the Biosphere takes 1d6 damage from local wildlife as a swarm attack. Any creature that begins it's turn within the reach of the Biosphere must make a DC 55 fort save or be nauseated. Creatures damaged by the Biosphere's swarm attack continues to bleed each round, dealing 1 additional damage until healed by a DC 10 Heal check or any curing spell. Multiple wounds do not stack. Creatures effected by Fauna's swarm attack may also be effected by disease.

The Biosphere can also coup de grace any disabled or paralyzed creature within its reach as a free action, dealing 1d6+45 x2 damage as an automatic critical.

Dire Fauna (Su):
Fauna of Legend try to destroy hostile creatures and objects. Treat this as a full round attack by the Biosphere against any targets within its reach. Dire Fauna attacks count as ghost touch and beat damage reduction as if they were magical and epic. They do 3d8+45 damage on a hit. If instead the Biosphere tries to Grapple creatures its grapple modifier is 169. For any special attacks or abilities that take size into account treat the Biosphere as Colossal.

Any creature hit by Dire Fauna must make a Fort Save DC 55 or be affected by Legendary Poison. Legendary poison does 2d6 dexterity initial damage and unconciousness as secondary damage. Being damaged by Epic Fauna may also trigger Disease.

Disease (Ex):
Any creature who breaths within 9,000 feet [1 Starship Scale] of the Biosphere's bonded Planet, or who takes damage from Biosphere must make a DC 55 fort save or be effected by the Planet's disease. Native creatures to the planet, and all attached planet symbiont are immune to Planet's disease.

Planet's Disease has an incubation period of one day and does 2d8 constitution damage.

Planet Symbiont (Ex):
A Planet Symbiont has all the traits of a normal Symbiont but can range in size up to Colossal +. They can only be bonded to a planet, which is usually an Ooze or Living Construct of Colossal+ size. Planet Symbionts do not take up item slots. Planet symbiont do not make natural attacks or use weapons.

Regeneration (Ex): The Biosphere only takes normal damage from acid. It has no identifiable body parts that can be removed.

Biosphere Suffers (Ex):
The Biosphere has a continually active Shield Other like effect with any planet that it is bonded to. The subject planet only takes half damage from all attacks. The Biosphere takes the damage not taken by the warded planet. The Shield transfered damage is treated as nonlethal damage unless the damage was originally acid damage. If it was acid damage it is treated as lethal damage.

Spell Like Ability(Sp): Origin of the Species: Civilization 1/1000 years. The Biosphere is assumed to have recently used Origin of the Species: Civilization within the past thousand years. If you want to have the spell like ability ready and usable increase the challenge rating of the encounter as if there was an additional Civilization Symbiont present.

Animus Guardian

Animus Guardian
Colossal + Outsider (Symbiont)
Hit Dice 100d8 HD+2861 (3265)
Speed 90 Fly (Perfect)
Initiative: +20
Armor Class 20; touch 20; flat-footed 0
(-10 Size, + 20 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple +100/+144
Attack -
Full-Attack -
Space 9,000 ft [Starship Scale 1].; Reach 45,000,000 ft. [Starship Scale 200]
Special Attacks Spell Like Abilities, Epic Spell Like Abilities, Animus Reach
Special Qualities Animus Slumber, Regeneration 50, Animus Suffers, Planet Symbiont
Saves Fort +80 Ref +80 Will +80
Abilities Str 50, Dex 50, Con 50, Int 50, Wis 50, Cha 50, Ego 57
Skills 123 All Knowledges, 123 Concentration, 123 Autohypnosis, 123 Psicraft, 123 Spellcraft, 123 Use Psionic Device, 123 Appraise, 123 Decipher Script, 123 Bluff, 123 Diplomacy, 123 Gather Information, 123 Handle Animal, 123 Listen, 123 Spot, 123 Search, 123 Survival, 123 Use Magic Device, 123 Sense Motive
Feats Toughness x 7, Epic Toughness x 28
Environment Planet
Organization Single or Pantheon (1-12)
Challenge Rating +5
Treasure None
Alignment Neutral
Advancement -
Level Adjustment -

Animus Reach (Su): The Animus Guardian uses its own reach for the range of any spell, spell like ability or epic spell that it uses. If a spell originally had a range of touch it instead becomes a ranged touch attack with a range equal to the Animus Guardian's reach.

Spell Like Abilities: At Will: Miracle (dc 39)
Epic Spell Like Abilities: 1/day Vengeful Gaze of God 1/day Momento Mori (dc 50) 1/1000 years Origin of the Species: Biosphere

Regeneration(Ex): No form of attack deals lethal damage to the Animus Guardian. The Animus Guardian is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds. If the Animus Guardian fails its save against any spell or effect that would kill it instantly the Animus Guardian instead takes nonlethal damage equal to the creature's full normal hit points (3265). The Animus Guardian cannot be destroyed through nonlethal damage. See Animus Suffers for more information.

Animus Slumber (Ex): If the bonded planet has a civilization symbiont bonded to it The Animus Guardian takes no actions. If there is no civilization symbiont bonded to the planet the Animus Guardian takes normal damage from negative energy. If there is no civilization symbiont bonded to the Planet, half of the damage dealt by the planet is untyped.

Animus Suffers (Ex): If the Animus Guardian is active and there is a Biosphere bonded to the planet then the Animus Guardian shields half of the damage dealt to the Biosphere as a shield other spell. Any negative energy damage shielded from the Biosphere is dealt to the Animus Guardian as negative energy damage. Any other damage shielded from the Biosphere is dealt to the Animus Guardian as nonlethal. The Animus Guardian is no longer resistant to negative energy damage.

If there is no Biosphere bonded to the planet the Animus Guardian instead shields damage dealt to the planet itself.

Planet Symbiont (Ex):
A Planet Symbiont has all the traits of a normal Symbiont but can range in size up to Colossal +. They can only be bonded to a planet, which is usually an Ooze or Living Construct of Colossal+ size. Planet Symbionts do not take up item slots. Planet Symbiont do not make natural attacks or use weapons.

Civilization

Civilization
Colossal + Humanoid (Symbiont, Civilization)
Hit Dice 75d8 HD+ 2061(2365)
Speed
(-10 Size, + 0 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple +56/+70
Attack - +76 See Last March of Man
Full-Attack -+76/+71/+66/+61 See Last March of Man
Space 9,000 ft [Starship Scale 1].; Reach 300 feet
Special Attacks Last March of Man, Burn the Sky, No Quarter
Special Qualities Regeneration 25, Civilization Suffers, Unconquerable, Planet Symbiont
Saves Fort +42 Ref +45 Will +42
Abilities Str 50, Dex 10, Con 50, Int 10, Wis 50, Cha 50, Ego
Skills
Feats Toughness x 7, Epic Toughness x 18
Environment Planet
Challenge Rating +5
Treasure X gold; X gems; X art; X magical items
Alignment Standard
Advancement -
Level Adjustment -

Last March of Man (Ex):
Civilization can full attack any creature or object within its reach. On a hit Civilization does 3d8+20 damage and also gets to make a free grapple and a free trip attack. Civilization can hold its attacks to try and interrupt the spell casting or other abilities of creatures within its reach.

Burn the Sky (Ex):
As a full round action Civilization can do two points of constitution damage to any Biosphere bonded to the bonded planet. For 10 rounds treat all squares effected by the bonded planet's Atmosphere are effected as the area of a Solid Fog spell. If there is no bonded Biosphere Civilization cannot use this ability.

No Quarter (Ex):
There is no refuge for the enemies of Civilization. Treat any location within the reach of Civilization as a location of extraordinarily violent motion and distraction requiring a concentration check of dc 20 to perform any action requiring focus or concentration.

Regeneration (Ex):
Civilization takes normal damage from elemental damage and negative energy damage.

Civilization Suffers (Ex):
If the bonded planet also has a Biosphere then Civilization shields half of the damage dealt to the Biosphere as a shield other spell. Any negative energy or elemental damage shielded from the Biosphere is dealt to Civilization as lethal damage. Any other damage shielded from the Biosphere is dealt to Civilization as nonlethal. Whenever the bonded planet makes a Volcano or Earthquake attack Civilization takes two points of constitution damage.

Unconquerable (Su):
Any negative spell or effect that targets or hinders Civilization ends immediately three rounds after it started, if the effect did not end before then. Treat instantaneous effects as permanent effects instead for the purposes of Unconquerable.

Planet Symbiont (Ex):
A Planet Symbiont has all the traits of a normal Symbiont but can range in size up to Colossal +. They can only be bonded to a planet, which is usually an Ooze or Living Construct of Colossal+ size. Planet Symbionts do not take up item slots. Planet Symbiont do not make natural attacks or use weapons.

Advanced Civilization

Advanced Civilization
Colossal + Construct (Living, Symbiont)
Hit Dice 56d10 HD+1501 (1923)
Speed
Armor Class 10; touch 10; flat-footed 0
(-10 Size, + 20 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple +42/+70
Attack +72 Touch attack, +76 Sunder See Destroy the McGuffin
Full-Attack -
Space 9,000 ft [Starship Scale 1].; Reach 9.000 feet [Starship Scale 1]
Special Attacks Sky Cavalry, Evocation, Orb Defense, Destroy the McGuffin, Quintessence-Fireball Device
Special Qualities Weather Immunity, Knowledge Suffers, True Seeing, Civilization Symbiont
Saves Fort +36 Ref +36 Will +36
Abilities Str 50, Dex 50, Con 50, Int 10, Wis 50, Cha 50, Ego
Skills
Feats Toughness x 7, Epic Toughness x 12
Environment Planet
Challenge Rating +5
Treasure X gold; X gems; X art; X magical items
Alignment Double Standard
Advancement -
Level Adjustment -

Scry and Die (Ex): As a full round action Advanced Civilization can study any target within a Host planet's reach. Next round as a full round action Advanced Civilization makes the target make a Fort save DC 40 or die. Creatures normally immune to death effect get a +5 bonus on this save.

Evocation (Sp): As a standard action Advanced Civilization can make a ranged touch attach on any target within its reach. It does 10d6 damage of an elemental type of its choice upon hit.

Orb Defense (Su): Any creature affected by the Last March of Man also takes an additional 5d6 Force Damage, all attacks from Advanced Civilization and its host can effect incorporeal creatures.

Destroy the McGuffin (Su): As a standard action Advanced Civilization can make a ranged sunder attempt on any object within its reach. Advanced Civilization does not provoke an attack of opportunity for this attack. If successful Advanced Civilization does 2d8+30 damage to the targeted item, treat this damage as if it was dealt by an adamantine weapon.

Quintessence-Fireball Device (Sp): As a standard action Advanced Civilization can deal 20d6 untyped damage to every creature within a 1 mile area. Reflex DC 40 saves for half. The range on this ability is normally equal to Advanced Civilization's Reach. Advanced Civilization can instead make this attack anywhere within the Host Planet's reach if it takes a full round action and does two constitution damage to any planet bonded biosphere.

Weather Immunity (Sp):
Advanced Civilization and its bonded civilization is immune to the negative effects of weather and any planet host abilities.

Knowledge Suffers (Ex):
If bonded to a Civilization, Advanced Civilization shields half of the damage dealt to its host as a shield other spell.

True Seeing (Su):Advanced Civilization, and its bonded Civilization are able to see things as they really are, as the spell True Seeing however the range of the True Seeing effect is equal to Advanced Civilization's reach.

Civilization Symbiont (Ex):A Civilization Symbiont has all the traits of a normal Symbiont but can range in size up to Colossal +. They can only be bonded to a Civilization, which is usually a Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid of Colossal+ size. Civilization Symbiont do not take up item slots. Civilization Symbiont cannot make natural attacks or use weapons.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-07-21, 06:54 PM
This month's contest has come to a close. A voting thread has been posted here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119012).

Good luck!