PDA

View Full Version : A question on gnome workmens leathers.

Badgercloak
2009-06-24, 01:41 PM
I have a Human Cleric/Techsmith of Gond.

I found stats on Gnome workmens leathers which work like leather armour. It's covered in pockets to carry tools, parts, and what not. When those pockets are filled your AC increases by one, Max Dex decreases by one, and armour check penalty increases.

The main question is: Should enemies be able to Sunder or Disarm the tools though or out of the armour?

Full stats can be found at

http://www.spelljammer.org/chars/equip/weapons3e.html

derfenrirwolv
2009-06-24, 01:45 PM
Well, since the tools are individual items, you'd have to figure out how many tools there are, you'd then be able to figure out when you'd sundered about half of them. That would then drop the ac by one.

Of course it would probably be easier to just kill the gnome.

Badgercloak
2009-06-25, 04:46 PM
Of course it would probably be easier to just kill the gnome.

If that were the goal, however the goal is whether or not to invest gp into a new suit of armour which may or may not have an unforseen disadvantage.

Being a Techsmith means having a ton of tools and there are times when one can be parted from a Handy Haversack, having tools on ones person comes in handy.

erikun
2009-06-25, 06:38 PM
I think the question "how much stuff needs to be in the pockets before the AC changes" would need to be answered first.

As for sundering, I see no reason why not - it's much like sundering a beltpouch. However, it wouldn't be very effective. Each individual pocket is likely a fine-sized target, giving it an AC 18 + dexterity modifier. In addition, you'd need to sunder enough pockets to "unload" the armor enough to lower the AC. A jacket with, say, 100 filled pockets may need 50 sunder attempts to drop the AC by one point.

Isn't there rules for sundering armor? :smalltongue: I think that would be more practical.

Badgercloak
2009-06-26, 01:21 PM
Isn't there rules for sundering armor? :smalltongue: I think that would be more practical.

You can't sunder armour worn by another character.

So it looks like sunder no, disarm no aslong as the items are secured.