PDA

View Full Version : Bunnyflower googles. Now with extra pink sugar.

Maryring
2006-02-13, 04:21 PM
Well I've been struck by lightning (figuratively speaking) and got an awesome/stupid/scary/:o/ idea for a magical item and I want your input, so here is the bunnyflower googles.

The bunnyflower google looks like a regular pair of googles untill worn. Then they alter the sight of the one who wears the googles. The googles weave an illusion of peace, joy, safety and serenity into the world around the owner, giving the wearer a +2 morale bonus on all checks, but makes him or her oblivious to danger. The googles have no effect on those under the effect of True seeing.

But... what is it? Minor, Major? What spell is to be used at what cost, caster level and such? Help and feedback is appreciated.

Keld Denar
2006-02-13, 04:28 PM
I thought of a couple spells that could be used, but unfortunatly, most of them fall under the 101 spells not worth memorizing.

Greater Programed Delusion
Targeted Invisibility (enemys only)
Rary's Narcotic Enhancer

It's a funny list, look it up.

Not much input here, but good for a laugh

TSGames
2006-02-13, 04:30 PM
googles...google...googles...googles...googles... googles
Help and feedback is appreciated.
Sorry, but this really annoyed me. You failed to spell it corectly all six times. It's "goggles," or "goggle." Please do not misspell the same word six times in one post.

endoperez
2006-02-13, 05:50 PM
Don't try that with image search. There is a reason for it being caleed 'Google Seppuku'.

Brickwall
2006-02-13, 06:03 PM
It didn't do anything with image search, except for showing cute bunnies with flowers.

Anyways, the guy should also be allowed to take ten on checks in combat, seeing as he's obviously not under pressure.

Besides, I like the spelling. It creates evocative images (I'll never stop associating google with relationships since I saw that one commercial for something).

They were cute bunnies. Fuzzy and all that. Maybe my computer is trying to save me from horrific evils.

Leperflesh
2006-02-13, 06:04 PM
Yeah, 'googles' are the results of a web search, not something you wear on your head.

I'm pretty sure what we're talking about are 'rose-tinted glasses', along the lines of the old metaphor (she looks at the world through rose-tinted glasses), makes the whole world rosy-looking.

I'm also fairly sure I've seen such a magic item at some point. Maybe in Dragon or one of the old AD&D supplements.

-Lep
the googles... they do nothing! nothing!

The_Werebear
2006-02-13, 06:38 PM
I think they may be cursed items.

Also, a will disbelief save to attack or make reflex saves, because you can't see anything as being dangerous.

Rigeld2
2006-02-13, 07:09 PM
the googles... they do nothing! nothing!

Fixed.. that had to be said. Thanks for beating me to it. :)

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-02-13, 07:30 PM
Well I've been struck by lightning (figuratively speaking) and got an awesome/stupid/scary/:o/ idea for a magical item and I want your input, so here is the bunnyflower googles.

The bunnyflower google looks like a regular pair of googles untill worn. Then they alter the sight of the one who wears the googles. The googles weave an illusion of peace, joy, safety and serenity into the world around the owner, giving the wearer a +2 morale bonus on all checks, but makes him or her oblivious to danger. The googles have no effect on those under the effect of True seeing.

But... what is it? Minor, Major? What spell is to be used at what cost, caster level and such? Help and feedback is appreciated.

Yadda yadda "google"/"goggle" typo. Now, to business...

Major - as the "oblivious to danger" drawback is purely a role-playing aspect, and you're giving out a +2 morale bonus to EVERYTHING.

Though you could apply a -2 to REF saves, AC ("Oh! Did I need to jump out the way?"), Sense Motive ("Clearly the dragon just wants to be our friend.") and many more.

Does that help?

Jaime
2006-02-13, 07:43 PM
Um, we need a better name for this. It's actually a cool idea. But please... no Bunnyflowers. Or "Googles." Goggles of Jaime's Drug-Induced Delusion is a little more appropriate.

Rei_Jin
2006-02-13, 07:52 PM
I think that I'd call them "Goggles of Inexperience."

Cursed Item

Goggles of inexperience.

This item is both a curse and a boon. It grants the subject a +2 circumstance modifier on all positive dice d20 rolls (eg attacks, charisma checks, caster level checks, initiative) and a -2 circumstance modifier on all negative d20 modifiers (eg saves, opposed skill checks).

A character wearing these goggles is unable to remove them without taking a permenant -2 circumstance modifier to all d20 rolls as they had become accustomed to seeing life "through rose tinted glasses". The only way to remove this penalty is with a miracle or wish spell.

Cost: 30,000gp

Spuddly
2006-02-13, 08:03 PM
Sorry, but this really annoyed me. You failed to spell it corectly all six times. It's "goggles," or "goggle." Please do not misspell the same word six times in one post.

It wasn't an oblivious typo, as she was consistent. She obvioulsy didn't know she was misspelling it. And next time you point out someone else's grammatical errors, make sure your grammar is done correctly.

Leperflesh
2006-02-13, 08:48 PM
Or, not to be overly pedantic, your spelling, which is not the same thing.

-Lep

Seffbasilisk
2006-02-13, 09:25 PM
Yay for all the hate!

ok. Stop it now. No more bashing.

play nice.

(And those would be PERFECT for my 1/2 orc barbarian!)

Ferahgo
2006-02-13, 09:44 PM
The real problem is that the description is pretty vauge; maybe something like what Mr. T. Vexed said would help, and The Werebear's suggestion. A Wisdom check to attack, etc. (not a Will save; you aren't avoiding anything, just trying to do something), penalties to many things that involve combat, or aggresion at all, like AC or Intimidate. Quite honestly, I do see this more as a cursed item than something someone would willingly use. You would become much less effective in battle, and probably, as has been mentioned, a good deal gullible, and I don't see a person who is enjoying such peace to want to take the goggles off. Perhaps a Wisdom check to remove them.
This would be a very light-hearted cursed item, though. I can see a player roleplaying his character stumbling around like some woozy animal in a Warner Bros cartoon in a construction site, with a stupid grin on his face, narrowly avoiding sword blows in the midst of battle, stumbling out of the way... much more fun that nasty scarab that burrows into your heart.

Ick.

Spuddly
2006-02-13, 10:32 PM
Or, not to be overly pedantic, your spelling, which is not the same thing.

You are correct. I should have said orthography.