PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Vs Ninja

Xyk
2009-06-30, 04:35 PM
Who would win in a fight between a jedi and a ninja? I'd say a really good jedi like Qui Gonn, Mace, or Yoda against a really good ninja like...I don't know any by name...

Ordinarily, a ninja would sneak in at midnight and just stabby stabby in the Jedi's sleep, but the force often acts like an alarm system, so here's the scenario: A ninja silently creeps into Yoda's sleeping chambers in the middle of the night. Yoda senses his approach and awakes.

chiasaur11
2009-06-30, 04:41 PM
Jedi are magic. Ninja, while capable of amazing bits, often only have basic human abilities at their best and a lot of lying. Generally, I'd go with the Jedi.

However, a few ninjas are exceptional. If we're talking Dr. McNinja, then we got ourselves a ninja victory, even against Clone Wars cartoon Jedi. McNinja, after all, beat Death himself.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-30, 04:43 PM
If we're talking about mystical jedi I think its fair to talk about mystical ninja. Espically if we're taking about you know...lead characters. In which case, its a ninja win if they get them at night. Which...their ninja....they're always going to go at them at night.

Linkavitch
2009-06-30, 04:44 PM
If a Jedi sees the ninja (or is able to tell where they are do to the Force) Then instantly, they are immobilized/disarmed/something. If a ninja manages to fire poisoned darts/shuriken/arrows/whatever at the Jedi, the Jedi just bats it away with his Lightsaber. Same goes for swordfights.

Arlion
2009-06-30, 04:50 PM
The ninja is Doctor McNinja?

Dienekes
2009-06-30, 05:35 PM
The whole point of the lightsaber being a useful weapon was because the Jedi can see slightly into the future giving them faster reflexes. (or at least that was one of the reasons given)

Sorry a ninja can't do much when their opponent can see their tricks before they even do it.

Green Bean
2009-06-30, 06:13 PM
Honestly, things are so far stacked in the Jedi's favour that I almost find myself rooting for the ninja out of pity. It's like watching a Chihuahua attacking a Space Marine.

Anteros
2009-06-30, 07:24 PM
Honestly, things are so far stacked in the Jedi's favour that I almost find myself rooting for the ninja out of pity. It's like watching a Chihuahua attacking a Space Marine.

Ah...the Space Marine's one, secret weakness...

I suppose the ninja could poison the Jedi...or something similar. In a straight up fight they'd get slaughtered.

Guancyto
2009-06-30, 07:28 PM
I suppose the ninja could poison the Jedi...or something similar. In a straight up fight they'd get slaughtered.

This. It depends on how much the ninja in question knows about the capabilities of the Jedi, and if they know enough to not try a direct confrontation.

My money's still on the Jedi (curse you, healing powers!), but if the ninja is any good he'll try to avoid a straight fight as much as possible.

chiasaur11
2009-06-30, 07:29 PM
Ah...the Space Marine's one, secret weakness...

Well, Atton Rand said clouding your mind lets you get the drop on Jedi, and ninjas can cloud the mind well enough. One of the more famous ninja tricks. Not that it gives the ninja much of a chance, but it rules out precog.

Mando Knight
2009-06-30, 07:31 PM
The correct answer is:
The Jedi ninja.

Berserk Monk
2009-06-30, 07:41 PM
Who would win in a fight between a jedi and a ninja? I'd say a really good jedi like Qui Gonn, Mace, or Yoda against a really good ninja like...I don't know any by name...

Ordinarily, a ninja would sneak in at midnight and just stabby stabby in the Jedi's sleep, but the force often acts like an alarm system, so here's the scenario: A ninja silently creeps into Yoda's sleeping chambers in the middle of the night. Yoda senses his approach and awakes.

A nameless ninja taking down the greatest Jedi master? You're joking right? Also, the Jedi would win: force powers and a high tech weapon like a light saber.

Zocelot
2009-06-30, 09:56 PM
Considering that some Bounty Hunters are able to take out Jedi, I don't see why a Ninja could not. That said, the ninja's need some sort of mysticism to make up for the lack of technology, and the jedi would have to use swords, not lightsabers.

Xyk
2009-06-30, 10:03 PM
That's about the response I expected. I totally agree that the ninja would have to sneak up at night, but many people also forget that Jedi are mortal. Maybe Yoda was not the best example. Ninjas are generally humans at the absolute peak of their fitness, strength, and agility, and Jedi are creatures at a relatively high point of all that with the addition of mystical powers and technology. What if the ninjas also have the mystical powers often associated with them?

13_CBS
2009-06-30, 10:22 PM
If we're talking about mystical jedi I think its fair to talk about mystical ninja.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/2/198022_13555_front.jpg

A lightsaber is no match for THE PIPE.

Athaniar
2009-07-01, 04:12 AM
The correct answer is:
The Jedi ninja.

See also: this. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Assassin)

Green Bean
2009-07-01, 06:26 AM
That's about the response I expected. I totally agree that the ninja would have to sneak up at night, but many people also forget that Jedi are mortal. Maybe Yoda was not the best example. Ninjas are generally humans at the absolute peak of their fitness, strength, and agility, and Jedi are creatures at a relatively high point of all that with the addition of mystical powers and technology. What if the ninjas also have the mystical powers often associated with them?

I've always wondered why that's the case. Ninja are disguise artists, and don't get into straight up fights. It doesn't take much physical prowess to slit someone's throat while they're sleeping, or poison their food. If anything, they should be less physically capable than your average warrior.

Dienekes
2009-07-01, 08:25 AM
h v, in real life ninja were peasant farmers or other lower class that turned to assassination and stealth without any real formal training until after their period of prestige was coming to a close. They at all times tried to avoid getting into fights by using odd weapons designed to confuse and slow down their opponent so they could run away.

So no, they are not really the pinnacle of martial prowess they are presented to be. However, in these discussions it's generally accepted that everyone is discussing the legendary super ninjas and not their real life counterpart.

thubby
2009-07-01, 08:41 AM
we have more than 1 jedi ninja, and they suck

jedi all the way.

rakkoon
2009-07-01, 08:48 AM
Some ninja's were in the personal guard of the Emperor so they were not all farmers :smallsmile:

If the ninja is one of the guys that actually got some information before he enters a bedroom I think he would sabotage a Star Destroyer so that it accidentally crashes on the Jedi's bed!

And if he recognizes who's he's going to fight he should do a Forrest Gump

Linkavitch
2009-07-01, 09:19 AM
The correct answer is:
The Jedi ninja.

Oh, my word...this brings entirely new possibilities too the equation...kudos, have a cookie.:smallsmile:

TengYt
2009-07-01, 09:26 AM
Jedi Ninja VS Sith Pirate. Go!

Oslecamo
2009-07-01, 10:35 AM
If Naruto-level ninjas are allowed, then I say the jedis are screwed, since even a lightsaber won't stop a falling mountain-sized-toad from crushing him.

Prime32
2009-07-01, 11:06 AM
If Naruto-level ninjas are allowed, then I say the jedis are screwed, since even a lightsaber won't stop a falling mountain-sized-toad from crushing him.

Spin To Deflect Stuff? Or, well... tunnel, in this case.

Oslecamo
2009-07-01, 11:17 AM
Spin To Deflect Stuff? Or, well... tunnel, in this case.

Well, that'll just allow the jedi to suffocate in toad guts. Altough jedis can indeed use their lightsabers to tunnel trough stuff, they aren't particulary fast about that for what we've seen.

A cheesier trick would be using jutsus to reanimate dead jedi masters and throw them against the living jedi. For all we know, the only way to stop ninja reanimated zombies is with the death pact to strip the soul from the dead body, otherwise they'll just regenerate no matter how many times you take them down.:smallbiggrin:

Prime32
2009-07-01, 11:31 AM
A cheesier trick would be using jutsus to reanimate dead jedi masters and throw them against the living jedi. For all we know, the only way to stop ninja reanimated zombies is with the death pact to strip the soul from the dead body, otherwise they'll just regenerate no matter how many times you take them down.:smallbiggrin:Only early-series Orochimaru can do that, and it would require someone to get the bodies from valleys filled with Force Ghosts. And if the jedi chosen were already Force Ghosts it might not work.

Mando Knight
2009-07-01, 11:32 AM
Jedi Ninja VS Sith Pirate. Go!

Jedi Ninja. No contest. :smalltongue:

Oslecamo
2009-07-01, 11:45 AM
Only early-series Orochimaru can do that, and it would require someone to get the bodies from valleys filled with Force Ghosts. And if the jedi chosen were already Force Ghosts it might not work.

If we go by statistics, most of jedis in existance can't block a droid's blaster for the sake of their life, as seen in episode II. In the comics there's even a rebel jedi being taken down by just three stormtroopers. So I guess it's only fair we pit the best of each side against the other.

Plus geting the bodies isn't that hard when you can teleport and stuff. This is, I doubt the hokage bodies were buried in that roof in the first place right?

And actually, considering that the zombies just keep regenerating, one may not need jedis at all, just grab some bobba fett clone bodies. He was good enough to kill nameless jedis after all.

If everything else fails, the ninja gets the higher ground and proceeds to cut the jedi into little pieces. Everybody knows that even the strongest jedis are powerless against oponents in an higher ground!:smallbiggrin:

Prime32
2009-07-01, 11:55 AM
Plus geting the bodies isn't that hard when you can teleport and stuff. This is, I doubt the hokage bodies were buried in that roof in the first place right?That was a summoning technique. You can't teleport into an unknown location, but you can perform the equivalaent of a Drawmij's instant summons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/instantSummons.htm) spell. The exception to this is the Fourth Hokage, who invented the "Flying Thunder God" technique which allowed him to summon himself behind enemy lines.

Prime32
2009-07-01, 11:59 AM
If everything else fails, the ninja gets the higher ground and proceeds to cut the jedi into little pieces. Everybody knows that even the strongest jedis are powerless against oponents in an higher ground!:smallbiggrin:
's tru, dat. (http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/road-1/29308)

Dienekes
2009-07-01, 12:40 PM
Some ninja's were in the personal guard of the Emperor so they were not all farmers :smallsmile:

Sources please. Not that I'm doubting you, it actually makes sense to have a few assassins on payroll, but I have never heard of this before.

And I did say "other lower classes" which while not clear was intended to mean lower than the samurai class who could afford to spend great portions of their life training.

dillugoa
2009-07-01, 12:58 PM
i think that the jedi have a good chance exept if we are talking about naruto nijas because they r freakin awesome

J.Gellert
2009-07-01, 01:11 PM
Eh, Jedi and Ninja are a varied group. There are worthless Jedi that get killed by *gasp* clone troops and *double gasp* droids. And there are worthless ninja that get killed by giant dwarves with hammers.

The ninjas problem is that he can't block a lightsaber.
The jedi's problem is that the ninja won't have to.

Also, if it's a duel, it's a lone ninja, so he can't lose.

Oslecamo
2009-07-01, 01:35 PM
Also, if it's a duel, it's a lone ninja, so he can't lose.

Well, cartoon general Grievous acted pretty much like a ninja, and it worcked wonders untill he started smoking and having mooks. Obi-Wan was indeed a tactical geniuus by attacking Grievous when he was in his base surrouded by his mooks, making sure its ninja skillz would be at their weackest.

J.Gellert
2009-07-01, 02:01 PM
Well, cartoon general Grievous acted pretty much like a ninja, and it worcked wonders untill he started smoking and having mooks. Obi-Wan was indeed a tactical geniuus by attacking Grievous when he was in his base surrouded by his mooks, making sure its ninja skillz would be at their weackest.

Indeed. Jedi or Ninja, you win if you are genre-savvy enough.

Mando Knight
2009-07-01, 03:16 PM
Sources please. Not that I'm doubting you, it actually makes sense to have a few assassins on payroll, but I have never heard of this before.

Not exactly Palpy's bodyguards (that would be the Royal Guards), but the Emperor's Hands (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Hand) were his elite assassin/super-spec ops/death bringer-type lackeys. Including one (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mara_Jade_Skywalker) that got killed forty years after she quit by her nephew (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Caedus), a Palpatine-and-Vader-wannabe.

Dienekes
2009-07-01, 03:58 PM
referring to Medieval Japan, not the Galactic Empire Mando

Mando Knight
2009-07-01, 04:36 PM
referring to Medieval Japan, not the Galactic Empire Mando

Oops. My bad. :smallredface:

Cryssandra
2009-07-01, 05:02 PM
A Jedi would probably put up a good fight, but in the end, it would probably be the ninja. Although a Jedi is skilled, but you have to think of how long he can keep it up without messing up..

Come on... It's a ninja...

Green Bean
2009-07-01, 05:05 PM
A Jedi would probably put up a good fight, but in the end, it would probably be the ninja. Although a Jedi is skilled, but you have to think of how long he can keep it up without messing up..

Come on... It's a ninja...

Length isn't a good thing for a ninja. If the fight lasts longer than a few seconds, then the ninja's almost certainly lost.

Mando Knight
2009-07-01, 09:04 PM
Length isn't a good thing for a ninja. If the fight lasts longer than a few seconds, then the ninja's almost certainly lost.

Yep. If you've got a reasonably-experienced Jedi Knight against a Ninja, if the Ninja can't kill the Jedi within the first few seconds of combat, he can only expect to be thrown across the room, get beheaded by a cut-anything sword, get his own weapons deflected right back at him, etc. Not a good plan for survival.

rakkoon
2009-07-02, 02:17 AM
Sources please

Hmm, trying to find an online source and keep getting into Anime sites.
Anyway, the source I got it was oral teaching from Soto Tanemura (http://www.genbukan.org/cgi-bin/site.pl?Tanemura_Shoto) and his book "Ninpo Secrets". But since there are apparently dozens of RPG Ninja classes this is no longer relevant :smallsmile:

Xuincherguixe
2009-07-02, 09:01 AM
My understanding was that Oda Nobunaga kept a few Ninja around disguised as "gardeners". The garden tools were actually disguised Ninja tools. Though some of those garden implements don't really need any changes to be dangerous...

I'm trying to remember what program it was that I saw that from.

As to getting back on topic...

Ninja vs Jedi isn't actually that ridiculous sounding. Because Jedi are pretty much Samurai. And the some of the Sith were fairly Ninja like.

It's only reasonable to put a Supernatural Ninja up against a Jedi. More myth than fact. That being said? Most commonly depicted Jedi would defeat most of the commonly depicted Ninja protagonists (Law of Inverse Ninja doesn't count here). It's not completely out of reason that one of those guys might slip in a poison dart through the light saber.

While I'm tempted to say that we should give the Ninja a lightsaber (he stole it!), chances are they wouldn't last too long in a fight. Even if we also assume Ninja magic training counts for the force sensitivity required in using a lightsaber without hacking your own arm off.

Of course, if it's Ninja Magic involved... he could breath a fireball or fling ten thousand venomous spiders at the Jedi. (That fireball is the better choice naturally)

Demons_eye
2009-07-02, 07:51 PM
i think that the jedi have a good chance exept if we are talking about naruto nijas because they r freakin awesome

Wow.... please tell me that you meant to put a /sarcasm some place.

A normal jedi fighting a normal ninja I would igve it to the jedi 62% of the time. Ninja enters at night jedi feels it in the force and wakes its still goes to the jedi most of the time.

Now plot critical jedi (Bane Maul Luke) vs Magic ninjas jedi owns the ninja hard. They have been trained (the sith even more so) to watch for ticks and assassin attempts. Magic ninja would also be more likely to fight an oponet 1v1 so the jedi now can use his force power and better sword skill to fight them, win for jedi

J.Gellert
2009-07-03, 04:43 AM
Er, I don't see a (named) Jedi killing a (named) naruto-ninja... Ever. If you see that, then you haven't seen Star Wars, or you haven't watched Naruto.

And while I am deadly serious with the above, here's a half-serious explanation: Jedi are Finesse-based fighters. Naruto-ninjas are wizards. GG.

skywalker
2009-07-03, 01:14 PM
If we go by statistics, most of jedis in existance can't block a droid's blaster for the sake of their life, as seen in episode II. In the comics there's even a rebel jedi being taken down by just three stormtroopers. So I guess it's only fair we pit the best of each side against the other.

Even the best of us have off days. Michael Jordan had days where he scored 6 points, but he didn't have people trying to kill him. If you put yourself in deadly situations long enough, you will eventually screw it up.

Also, there were literally thousands of droids. I know that that BAMF Obi-Wan could do it, but realistically I think it is a bit too much to ask 1 person to block thousands of blaster bolts. But Obi-Wan has the best win ratio in the films, so he's one of the 3 best saber-users no question.

I give it to the jedi in a land-slide.

Demons_eye
2009-07-03, 03:10 PM
Er, I don't see a (named) Jedi killing a (named) naruto-ninja... Ever. If you see that, then you haven't seen Star Wars, or you haven't watched Naruto.

And while I am deadly serious with the above, here's a half-serious explanation: Jedi are Finesse-based fighters. Naruto-ninjas are wizards. GG.

You never read Bane books then While I had watched both I also read the starwars book. And if Naruto fought Luke the first thing he would do is try to stop his glowing sword with his dagger and bam no hand for naruto. then no seals meaning only 1 move for naruto.

Prime32
2009-07-03, 03:16 PM
then no seals meaning only 1 move for naruto.Turn into a demon who can blow up mountains? :smallamused:

Demons_eye
2009-07-03, 03:23 PM
If I saw some one start to change like that and I had a sword like lukes I would chop his head off fast

Oslecamo
2009-07-03, 05:22 PM
Also, there were literally thousands of droids. I know that that BAMF Obi-Wan could do it, but realistically I think it is a bit too much to ask 1 person to block thousands of blaster bolts. But Obi-Wan has the best win ratio in the films, so he's one of the 3 best saber-users no question.

Ninjas have ranged weaponry.
Ninjas are master of hit and run tactics.
Ninhas can indeed summon minions/clones/bugs by the rows to swarm the oponent.

By your logic, the ninja will eventually win with enough hit and run ranged attacks, since the jedi can't counter attack by deflection, as he's being attacked by fireballs/explosive darts/giant toads.

Well Obi would stand a chance, since he's the only jedi in existence with enough brains to use a blaster in dire moments, but then we're pitying him against orochimaru, raiser of invicincilbe ninja-zombies, and then he's screwed as orochimaru hides below the earth waiting for his minions to finish the job.

Fan
2009-07-03, 05:24 PM
Then Star Killer comes out, and tears the entire village hidden in the leaves to shreds by crashing a star destroyer into it.:smallamused:

That's not bringing up Exar Kun, or any of the other PRIMAL force users.

chiasaur11
2009-07-03, 05:26 PM
Ninjas have ranged weaponry.
Ninjas are master of hit and run tactics.
Ninhas can indeed summon minions/clones/bugs by the rows to swarm the oponent.

By your logic, the ninja will eventually win with enough hit and run ranged attacks, since the jedi can't counter attack by deflection, as he's being attacked by fireballs/explosive darts/giant toads.

Well Obi would stand a chance, since he's the only jedi in existence with enough brains to use a blaster in dire moments, but then we're pitying him against orochimaru, raiser of invicincilbe ninja-zombies, and then he's screwed as orochimaru hides below the earth waiting for his minions to finish the job.

What about Revan?

Seems a sensible enough chap.

Oslecamo
2009-07-03, 05:38 PM
Then Star Killer comes out, and tears the entire village hidden in the leaves to shreds by crashing a star destroyer into it.:smallamused:

That's not bringing up Exar Kun, or any of the other PRIMAL force users.

If we're allowed to bring the obscure characters, Naruto has it's own godlike ninjas. T

Never wondered who created all those giant frogs and foxes did you?

Fan
2009-07-03, 05:41 PM
....How are they obscure? Star Killer has HIS OWN VIDEO GAME, and Exar Kun has a trilogy of books that revolve around him... If their obscure then so is Jabba the Hut, or Bobba Fett.

Mando Knight
2009-07-03, 05:48 PM

Well, obviously. They have the Yoda-Man and Luke Skywalker. When they give it their all, things go boom. Or fall into a zillion tiny pieces.

Demons_eye
2009-07-03, 06:03 PM
What about Revan?

Seems a sensible enough chap.

Revan Exar Kun Bane Maul are sith and master's of hit and run and assassination. If we are talking about naruto people they are not that ninja like in the sense they will hit and run.

Edit:Hell bane recreated the 2 sith at a time thing and he stayed hidden for years with out anyone knowing he was alive.

And as far as I can remember Oslecamo people made pacts with those animals I dont think some one made them

Haven
2009-07-03, 06:19 PM
I am curious about how Jedi vs. Dr. McNinja would go down. He has no special powers, but he does have a surfeit of Crazy Awesome that could even it up.

Fan
2009-07-03, 06:22 PM
Revan Exar Kun Bane Maul are sith and master's of hit and run and assassination. If we are talking about naruto people they are not that ninja like in the sense they will hit and run.

Edit:Hell bane recreated the 2 sith at a time thing and he stayed hidden for years with out anyone knowing he was alive.

And as far as I can remember Oslecamo people made pacts with those animals I dont think some one made them

Pssh, Naruto people arent even ninjas. They run around in DRESSES, and BLAZE ORANGE. They also shout out all of their attacks. NOT STEALTHY.
There also exists the fact that a Jedi can sense other minds around him, and has precognition for danger coming to not only himself, but OTHERS on top of that.

Sith maintain the same thing, and if we use the BOOKS of Luke Skywalker who came back from the Sith path, he can pop a bubble of telekinetic energy inside your veins, and cause them to explode.

Also, for those of you who doubt my claims of Naruto ninjas being the opposite of stealth.

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/naruto-butter-believe-it.jpg

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 06:28 PM
The ninja (as some sort of assasin) would probably know about the jedis capabilities beforehand, and have some sort of equipment etc. for countering or defeating them and would be agile and equipted. The jedi has telekinesis, lots of agility and a sword somehow composed of superhot light.
My thoughts are that a ninja would win if it had suprise or some other highly advantageous position and the jedi would win in a toe-to-toe fight. Basically, if the jedi is distracted the ninja throws poisoned shurikans and it's over, if the jedi sees the ninjs, he uses telekinesis and kills him with his light saber.

chiasaur11
2009-07-03, 06:30 PM
I am curious about how Jedi vs. Dr. McNinja would go down. He has no special powers, but he does have a surfeit of Crazy Awesome that could even it up.

McNinja'd win.

Precog would only lead to thirty seconds of "What? No way that could happen. Maybe he has some kind of super advanced anti precognition technique. Or maybe..."

And then the Jedi would suffer a fate both insane and awesome. Plus, Doc is genre savvy and has probably watched Star Wars,

Fan
2009-07-03, 06:41 PM
The ninja (as some sort of assasin) would probably know about the jedis capabilities beforehand, and have some sort of equipment etc. for countering or defeating them and would be agile and equipted. The jedi has telekinesis, lots of agility and a sword somehow composed of superhot light.
My thoughts are that a ninja would win if it had suprise or some other highly advantageous position and the jedi would win in a toe-to-toe fight. Basically, if the jedi is distracted the ninja throws poisoned shurikans and it's over, if the jedi sees the ninjs, he uses telekinesis and kills him with his light saber.

Except these are Naruto ninja's who CANONICLY can't even sneak up on a fat, domestic, cat.

Demons_eye
2009-07-03, 07:11 PM
I remember a jedi in a book that used the force to stop a poison in him. So I dont even think poison is going to be a factor.

Sholos
2009-07-04, 02:45 AM
Force Heal can cure poison. Also, if we're going with Exar Kun, we're talking about a guy that got entire fleets sent after him. Not a strike team. Fleets.

Shosuro Ishii
2009-07-04, 01:04 PM
As much as I love ninjas, Jedi really have trumps for everything that a ninja could throw at him.

Posion is trumped by force healing
Stealth is trumped by pre-cog
Unconvential weapons and styles are trumped by the force
Hell, canonicaly, the ninja can't even exploit family and loved ones, since jedi aren't supposed to have them.

Only ninja tactic I could ever see working is some kind of decoy trick, where one ninja's whole job is to die distracting the jedi's force power and clouding his pre-cog, but that would require 2 ninajs, and that histroically doesn't work too well.

KjeldorMage
2009-07-05, 07:29 AM
Psssh,

ninjas would totally get their asses handed to them,

Now Pirates on the other hand, they would put up a better fight. If there is anything we learned from the Star Wars movies, it is that the one weakness of the a Jedi is concentrated firepower.

(CoughPirateskickninjasassescough)

Demons_eye
2009-07-05, 09:33 PM
Psssh,

ninjas would totally get their asses handed to them,

Now Pirates on the other hand, they would put up a better fight. If there is anything we learned from the Star Wars movies, it is that the one weakness of the a Jedi is concentrated firepower.

(CoughPirateskickninjasassescough)

+1

Jedi would win in that fight tho...

Cryssandra
2009-07-05, 11:44 PM
Haha... are you serious?
Naruto ninjas would lose in about 10 seconds.
(i'm not even going to go into why you think they are awesome)

HamHam
2009-07-06, 12:04 AM
Here's what would pretty much happen if Sauske attacked a Jedi:

"Fireball Jutsu!"

"Negate Energy, wth?"

"Oh, he's doing something! Sheringan! Wait, why isn't this working? Is that not a jutsu? Oh shi..."

*slam*

"That huu... oh my god..."

*splat*

"Stop slamming me into the ground god damn it..."

*squishing noishes*

"I think that was my spine."

Aotrs Commander
2009-07-06, 08:59 AM
To be fair though, Sasuke is a prat at the best of times...

Callos_DeTerran
2009-07-06, 09:43 AM
Haha... are you serious?
Naruto ninjas would lose in about 10 seconds.
(i'm not even going to go into why you think they are awesome)

I'm going to hate doing this, but why not? If we're using Naruto ninja then I can probably give a reason why most any main character or villain could beat a Jedi by themselves with either very little or, depending on the character, no difficulty. But down this path lies madness, rampant fan-boyism, and hat. Does anyone still want to go down this road?

Can't we use less...shonen ninja?

Fan
2009-07-06, 10:09 AM
I'm going to hate doing this, but why not? If we're using Naruto ninja then I can probably give a reason why most any main character or villain could beat a Jedi by themselves with either very little or, depending on the character, no difficulty. But down this path lies madness, rampant fan-boyism, and hat. Does anyone still want to go down this road?

Can't we use less...shonen ninja?

Down that road also lies copious amounts of Force Power abuse to make a bubble of vacuum, and various other horrible things like making the local sun go Nova.
(Exar Kun Canonicly did this I believe.)
So, unless you can rationlize ANY of the naruto ninja living after a literal Solar System annihilating attack happens. You DESERVE to win. (And I just finished the arc in which Naruto beats Pain, so I've seen the near greatest extent even Naruto's Kyuubi can do.)

Callos_DeTerran
2009-07-06, 10:17 AM
Down that road also lies copious amounts of Force Power abuse to make a bubble of vacuum, and various other horrible things like making the local sun go Nova.
(Exar Kun Canonicly did this I believe.)
So, unless you can rationlize ANY of the naruto ninja living after a literal Solar System annihilating attack happens. You DESERVE to win. (And I just finished the arc in which Naruto beats Pain, so I've seen the near greatest extent even Naruto's Kyuubi can do.)

I wasn't even going to involve the Kyuubi, since it's abilities are largely unknown besides massive blasts of chakra. Describe the attack for me please.

Oslecamo
2009-07-06, 12:01 PM
Yes! You go Carlos! I'm really not a deep expert of either Naruto or jedis, but I'm gonna enjoy a full scale battle between them now that you have arrived to defend the ninja side!

(on the other hand, if you know naruto power level ninjas from other universe, I wouldn't mind you bringing them on. I just couldn't remember any stronger ninjas, but then I'm no ninja expert)

Fan
2009-07-06, 12:17 PM
I'd support a full scale battle so long as we would entirely ignore Naruto Fanon (In horribly written Mary Sue example: Seritu Hyuga...), and instead stick strictly to the Mangas. (If for the sole reason of exempting 4kids from this discussion.)

However, if we go full scale, I will have to bring up the Super Nova Causing Exar Kun, Darth Revan, Darth Malak, the Star Forge, battle meditation, Star Killer, and EU Luke Skywalker.

Oslecamo
2009-07-06, 12:29 PM
I don't think the star forge is a valid weapon for the jedis. They didn't build it after all, they just found it and took it for themselves.

Fan
2009-07-06, 12:31 PM
Well, they have it is what matters. If you want to argue taken/owner ship I'm sure I can find some stolen goods in Naruto.:smalltongue:

Oslecamo
2009-07-06, 12:38 PM
Well, they have it is what matters. If you want to argue taken/owner ship I'm sure I can find some stolen goods in Naruto.:smalltongue:

By all means, feel free to remove any item the ninja in question didn't craft himself.

Otherwise I'll have my ninja force hunt for a certain drill that will pierce the heavens and then we'll talck:smalltongue:

EDIT:Anyway Carlos is waiting for you to describe the super star destroying jedi attacks if I'm not mistaken.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-07-06, 01:23 PM

No, what matters if they are bringing starships into one on one combat. :smalltongue: Skewed much? And yeah, I kinda am waiting. I know a fair enough bit of Star Wars lore and...well...all of Naruto lore (and I was never going to count fanon) but my knowledge of events outside KOTOR games and the movies series (and some books set after them) IS a bit limited. I can't really describe a defense or offensive until you tell me what exactly star-crushing attack is.

Just please don't tell some book or comic said an attack had the energy of a super-nova or could have destroyed star and are basing what you said that. Exaggeration for the purposes of being awe-inspiring is all well and good, but unless a character actually did it or was recorded doing it, please don't say they could. It just really muddles things up since the argument will basically become...

'Well he/she can destroy a star with the Force!' (to use your example)
'Has he/she?'
'No, but he/she did *list of deeds*'
'But has he/she destroyed a star?'
'No.'
'Then don't say he/she can until he/she does it'

Cause I mean, the Jedi/Sith/whoever are getting their lightsabers and other personal equipment, a high step above the technology of the people I'm defending, lets not tilt it anymore with starships or theoretical powers. :smallwink:

@Oslecamo: Yeah..I'm not sure I'd count Naruto ninja and shinobi as anything close to historical or even semi-historical fantasy ninja but it's what they are called so why not? And Callos not Carlos.

HamHam
2009-07-06, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that Naruto ninjas and Jedi would be basically an even fight really. Random nameless mook ninjas and random nameless mook Jedi are of about equal competency.

Random badass side characters like Mace Windu and Naruto's mentor guy are as well.

Luke and Naruto could have a "which of us is more overpowered and can win via plot power first" contest.

And the Emperor and Orochimaru would just keep stealing new bodies and it would never end.

Zeful
2009-07-06, 02:55 PM
Except these are Naruto ninja's who CANONICLY can't even sneak up on a fat, domestic, cat.

Zabuza. Point refuted.

And just to point something out. What's a jedi's defense against the Fuuton: Raisenshriuken?

pflare
2009-07-06, 03:00 PM
Jedi hands down. A jedi would be able to sense the ninja and predict their actions, not to mention deflect their shuriken and dismember them. Plus a jedi could force throw them, jump over them, a dark jedi could fry the ninja with lightening. There are numerous ways that the jedi could wipe the floor with the ninja and none (that I can think of ) that the ninja could possibly win.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-07-06, 03:20 PM
A jedi would be able to sense the ninja and predict their actions,

Same as the Sharingan and it has been bested before too.

not to mention deflect their shuriken and dismember them.

No serious ninja attack ever involves shuriken and dismemberment is just as much a risk with regular swords except a Jedi's sword will be glowing and can't be traditionally blocked.

Plus a jedi could force throw them,

Assuming they can get a bead on them, and I give the benefit of the doubt to the Jedi on this one. Assuming said ninja is not a clone, body substitution, rooted to the ground, or un-bothered by being flung about like a rag-doll. I can name a few who wouldn't be harmed by it.

a dark jedi could fry the ninja with lightening.

There is an entire school of ninjutsu devoted to lightening and with more creative applications of it. A dark jedi or sith is hardly unique in that respect. By extension, there's several defenses against lightening as well.

Well...for Naruto ninja anyway.

Demons_eye
2009-07-07, 02:57 AM
Well...for Naruto ninja anyway.

See that's makes it all moot, for me anyway.

Its like bringing a dagger to a sword fight you can win but its not likely.