PDA

View Full Version : The Most Memetically Mutated

Llama231
2009-06-30, 04:50 PM
What character of everyone is the most memenotically mutated? I would assume Chuck Norris, but then that leads to Mr. T...and O-Chul...and Yo Mamma...and so on. Really, if everyone were to get into a fight, with all of their memenotically mutatedness, who would win? This is not a vs. thread, but rather asking the question about who is the most mutated.

KnightDisciple
2009-06-30, 04:57 PM
Toho Tohon.:smallbiggrin:

chiasaur11
2009-06-30, 04:58 PM
Rodgers. Fred.

I mean, martial artists and heroes getting the whole badass bit, it's logical extension.

Lovable children's show hosts who solve their problems with politeness and decency though?

Lorolar
2009-06-30, 05:09 PM
I second Toho Tohon, he's less a man more a collection of memes rolled into one awesome package.

Anteros
2009-06-30, 05:11 PM
No way. It has to be Chuck Norris.

Aging, infomercial sell-out, turns into God-killing abomination?

Mando Knight
2009-06-30, 05:20 PM
Rodgers. Fred.

I mean, martial artists and heroes getting the whole badass bit, it's logical extension.

Lovable children's show hosts who solve their problems with politeness and decency though?

The guy convinced the US Senate to fund PBS practically single-handedly...

Prime32
2009-06-30, 05:38 PM
Captain Falcon, Batman and Mikuru Asahina are strong contenders. I'd say Vegeta, but his mutation only benefits him in a shouting contest.

KnightDisciple
2009-06-30, 06:02 PM
Runner up behind Toho Tohon is this guy:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8269/1239775112707.png

Teddy Roosevelt.
Who's tied with Batman.

chiasaur11
2009-06-30, 06:40 PM
Runner up behind Toho Tohon is this guy:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8269/1239775112707.png

Teddy Roosevelt.
Who's tied with Batman.

Here's the thing.

For Roosevelt, it's all stone cold fact.

Rutskarn
2009-06-30, 06:43 PM
I would hate myself forever if I didn't say Richard Nixon. It's kind of obligatory.

Beyond that: religious figures aside, I'd say Washington is a candidate.

Anteros
2009-06-30, 06:53 PM
I would hate myself forever if I didn't say Richard Nixon. It's kind of obligatory.

Eh...as someone who studied a lot of American History...Washington deserves a lot of his praise.

Kris Strife
2009-06-30, 07:02 PM

And was a sniper in Nam with 70+ confirmed kills...

Trizap
2009-06-30, 07:05 PM
most memetically mutated.............

hrm. I think Internet is what is most memetically mutated.

Mando Knight
2009-06-30, 07:12 PM
Here's the thing.

For Roosevelt, it's all stone cold fact.

Yep. Theodore Roosevelt's the only reason why we're not enslaved by the Tau, and was banned from all matches because da Ork players couldn't believe that he really did have enuff dakka.

And the only reason why Mexico didn't join in World War One was because they were afraid of Teddy coming back and killing them all. :smalltongue:

If he were president today and there was a military coup by the vice president, Metal Wolf Chaos would look like the children's picture book version of the story. :smalltongue:

chiasaur11
2009-06-30, 07:20 PM

Not actually true.

Man was as squeaky clean as he looked. Which is saying something.

BRC
2009-06-30, 07:20 PM
It is said that "Death had to take him [Roosevelt] in his sleep. If he was awake, there would have been a fight".

Unfortunately for death, Roosevelt never sleeps.

Well, not quite, he did sleep once, after he dug the entire panama canal with his bare hands in less than two hours, but that was just a quick five minute catnap, and he did it with his eye's open, so Death stayed away.

horngeek
2009-06-30, 08:52 PM
No way. It has to be Chuck Norris.

Aging, infomercial sell-out, turns into God-killing abomination?

I'm sorry, please see my signature. Toho was one of two responsible for Norris' creation.

Sucrose
2009-06-30, 09:03 PM
I'm sorry, please see my signature. Toho was one of two responsible for Norris' creation.

Well, while he is indeed responsible for such a meme, we should bear in mind that memetic mutation has nothing to do with how powerful or awesome someone is, but how altered they've become by popular perception.

Since Toho's Expy in normal Bleach is Captain Broken, he hasn't been mutated all that much.

Norris and Rogers, on the other hand, are almost unrecognizable to anyone who knows them by their reputation.

However, I have to side with those saying Mikuru "Mikuru BEEAM!" Asahina, given just how different a klutz from the future is from a Wave Motion Gun. The other two at least have some impressive talents that could lead to memedom. Mikuru's just... kinda pathetic, really.

Zocelot
2009-06-30, 09:43 PM
I'll bring in a new idea and say that Jesus is the most mutated. People just like to throw his name around on the internet, even if they aren't religious or making a point about religion.

Lupy
2009-06-30, 11:59 PM
Chuck Norris of the Internet and the real kick-boxing, movie making, total gym selling Mr. Norris have virtually nothing in common but a beard and Texas.

Sholos
2009-07-01, 12:15 AM

Just for fun, the video of him doing it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q).

kpenguin
2009-07-01, 12:23 AM
I'll bring in a new idea and say that Jesus is the most mutated. People just like to throw his name around on the internet, even if they aren't religious or making a point about religion.

Religions are memes and when we consider the extension of memes beyond the internet, than Jesus has certainly "memetically mutated" far beyond the Chuck Norris, whose memeticness for the most part resides on the internet.

Trizap
2009-07-01, 12:28 AM
Religions are memes and when we consider the extension of memes beyond the internet, than Jesus has certainly "memetically mutated" far beyond the Chuck Norris, whose memeticness for the most part resides on the internet.

oh my god........your right.......religions ARE meme's........now I can't picture anything about religion without coming up with this guy thousands of years ago going "Jesus facts: He came back from the dead, because Death lost the wrestling match!" :smalleek:

Anteros
2009-07-01, 01:27 AM
You guys should really know better than this. This thread's probably going to get locked now. People were avoiding religion for a reason.

kpenguin
2009-07-01, 01:31 AM
The OP asked for who was the memetic and I gave my answer. I highly suspect Dawkins would agree with me. In fact, I'm certain.

horngeek
2009-07-01, 01:39 AM
Well, while he is indeed responsible for such a meme, we should bear in mind that memetic mutation has nothing to do with how powerful or awesome someone is, but how altered they've become by popular perception

What has Toho done, however?

Sat on his chair.

Prime32
2009-07-01, 05:05 AM
However, I have to side with those saying Mikuru "Mikuru BEEAM!" Asahina, given just how different a klutz from the future is from a Wave Motion Gun. The other two at least have some impressive talents that could lead to memedom. Mikuru's just... kinda pathetic, really.
In the novels, she actually did fire various beams based on the colour of the contact in her eye (because Haruhi wanted it). I don't think the meme was based on that though.

If we're going by that basis, I would like to nominate Farmer with Shotgun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqlLB8ScaYw&fmt=18).

Llama231
2009-07-01, 08:48 AM

What about this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4)? At least 705 confirmed kills in under 100 days.

Also, Ghandi.

Dr. Bath
2009-07-01, 08:56 AM

I would link to the George Washington song by the Professor Borthers, but it has swearing and etc. in it.

TengYt
2009-07-01, 09:29 AM
As a group of people, I'd say Ninjas. Ninjas were usually trained in disguise and infilitration and usually sought to avoid combat when possible. Fiction over the centuries has mutated them into some kind of invincible shadow warriors capable of using mystical magical arts with the ability to go undetected even when wearing their trademark, anachoristic pitch black outfit in daytime.

toasty
2009-07-01, 10:06 AM
As a group of people, I'd say Ninjas. Ninjas were usually trained in disguise and infilitration and usually sought to avoid combat when possible. Fiction over the centuries has mutated them into some kind of invincible shadow warriors capable of using mystical magical arts with the ability to go undetected even when wearing their trademark, anachoristic pitch black outfit in daytime.

What about the inverse ninja law?

Prime32
2009-07-01, 10:47 AM
What about the inverse ninja law?
That just adds to the depth of mememity.

Remember, ninjas are mammals. (http://realultimatepower.net/)

TSED
2009-07-01, 08:56 PM

Man, they're so memetically mutated that you don't even know what they originally WERE.

They were guerrilla monks who fought dirty in a forest against an encroaching Shogun's army. Sneak attacks during the night and such. Killed a rather large army off by not fighting fair, basically.

I think they began selling themselves as mercenaries afterwords (and you know, not-fighting-fair thing was hard for the Japanese to wrap their minds around) and so got their 'shady' reputation.

Nowadays though... Sheesh.