PDA

View Full Version : The Sorting Hat

Haruki-kun
2009-06-30, 11:22 PM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/houses.jpg

Sort your favorite literature/anime/manga/videogame/TV/comic book characters into one of the four Hogwarts Houses!

Gryffindor values courage, daring, nerve and chivalry.
Hufflepuff values hard work, loyalty, tolerance, and fair play.
Ravenclaw values intelligence, creativity, wit, and wisdom.
Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, and resourcefulness.

For example: Ichigo Kurosaki is (IMO) a Gryffindor.

UltraDude
2009-06-30, 11:33 PM
Kamina is obviously Gryffindor.

Samwise Gamgee can go to Hufflepuff.

Light Yagami for Slytherin.

Sokka fits into Ravenclaw.

Agrippa
2009-06-30, 11:49 PM
Gryffindor Batman/Bruce Wayne, Commander Sam Vimes, Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, the Operative, the Joker, Michael Weston, Sam Axe, Fiona Glennanne, Michael and Charity Carpenter, Karrin Murphy, Rorschach and Superman/Kal-el/Clark Kent. Courage does not always mean goodness.
Hufflepuff Death, Nanny Ogg, Waldo Butters and Kaywinnit Lee Frye.
Ravenclaw Adrian Veidt, Daniel Drieberg, Doctor Manhattan, Baron Klaus Wulfenbach, Havelock Vetinari and Innara Sera
Slytherin Captain Jack Sparrow, Scrooge McDuck, Danny Ocean and pals, Terry Benedict, Tony Montana and Booster Gold.

Fri
2009-07-01, 12:05 AM
Batman fits ravenclaw better, I think.

Piedmon_Sama
2009-07-01, 12:15 AM
I'm going to use the characters from that versus thread I made just to start:

Gryffindor: Captain America (Avengers)

Hufflepuff: Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)*, Vash the Stampede*

Ravenclaw: Black Panther (Avengers), Edward Elric* (Full Metal Alchemist), Storm Shadow (G.I-Joe),

Slytherin: Deathstroke the Terminator (Teen Titans), Greed (Full Metal Alchemist)

*Edward Elric is probably one of those few who would get to choose between two houses (Ravenclaw and Gryffindor), and the Sorting Hat tends to stick friends, relatives and flunkies together so Alphonse would probably go with Ed even though I'd say his defining trait is kindness (which would make him more a Hufflepuff). Vash the Stampede is certainly courageous enough to qualify for Gryffindor, but he's such a soft-hearted guy he could fit in Hufflepuff also (and he would probably pick that one himself).

Guts (Berserk), Wolverine (X-Men) and the Kurgan (Highlander) were also in that thread, but.... I just can't.... no. Those guys don't belong in any bording school. >_>

Agrippa
2009-07-01, 12:24 AM
Batman fits ravenclaw better, I think.

Either one fits him. It depends upon the portrayal of course.

JonestheSpy
2009-07-01, 12:37 AM
Sorry, Batman is totally Slytherin. It needs to be said. Ruthless, scary, and driven as hell. Same for Rorshach, doubly.

Oh, and Superman is Hufflepuff - you know, the whole Kansas thing. You don't need the courage of Gryffindor when you're one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

A couple others that spring to mind:

Spider Man is totally Gryffindor. Really, most heroic protagonists are charecterized in such a way.

Indiana Jones is Ravenclaw, though.

Agrippa
2009-07-01, 12:47 AM
Slytherin is (supposedly) the house of ambition, not ruthlessness or intimidation.

Starscream
2009-07-01, 12:57 AM
Ever see that poster that shows Batman as having every D&D alignment? I think the same could be said for his Hogwarts house. He's been depicted so many ways by so many writers that he could be any of them.

The original Bob Kane Batman was Slytherin. Frank Miller still tends to show him this way.

The "Old chum" Silver Age version was Gryffindor.

The 60s TV show was Hufflepuff.

The most common modern interpretation is Ravenclaw.

What about OOTS characters? I'd say that Roy is Gryffindor, Haley is Ravenclaw, Elan is Hufflepuff and Vaarsuvius is Slytherin.

Yeah, V's intelligence seems more Ravenclaw, but his/her personality and recent behavior makes for a solid Slytherin candidate.

Rutskarn
2009-07-01, 01:05 AM
Strong Bad: Slytherin, although he'd probably be expelled.

Homestar: This is the stuff that Hufflepuff are made of.

Strong Sad: Ravenclaw.

Marzipan: Ravenclaw.

The Cheat: Slytherin.

Homsar: Cockroach Cluster?

Because I'm a shamelessly-self-promoting intarweb person, I'm now going to use my own characters.

Vatsy: Probably Ravenclaw.

Bruno: Hufflepuff.

Rutskarn: Hufflepuff.

Ozongo: Hufflepuff.

Baghut: Slytherin.

Chinbeard: Application rejected.

Agrippa
2009-07-01, 01:10 AM
Rustkarn, I'd like more details on Chinbeard and especially on why his application would be rejected. Also...

Gryffindor Khorne
Ravenclaw Tzneech
Hufflepuff Nurgle
Slytherin Tzneech and Slaanesh

Phase
2009-07-01, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't want Chinbeard within one hundred feet of a school, not with that ghastly facial hair...

Rutskarn
2009-07-01, 01:34 AM
Rustkarn, I'd like more details on Chinbeard and especially on why his application would be rejected. Also...

Reasons:

--Chinbeard is not a guy you want around dangerous magic. Chinbeard isn't a guy you want around industrial machinery. Chinbeard, in point of fact, is not a guy you...want.

--Reasons of: not graduating any sort of prepatory or elementary school, history of offenses, being too old, being dead.

Agrippa
2009-07-01, 01:40 AM
Reasons:

--Chinbeard is not a guy you want around dangerous magic. Chinbeard isn't a guy you want around industrial machinery. Chinbeard, in point of fact, is not a guy you...want.

--Reasons of: not graduating any sort of prepatory or elementary school, history of offenses, being too old, being dead.

Okay, do you have a link to any stories you made about this character. Because from what I'm hearing it's both pretty hilarious and quite possibly disturbing.

P.S. What do you think about some of the sortings I made? Like the Joker in Gryffindor and Booster Gold in Slytherin.

skywalker
2009-07-01, 02:17 AM
P.S. What do you think about some of the sortings I made? Like the Joker in Gryffindor and Booster Gold in Slytherin.

I think you need to put up some reasoning behind those.

JonestheSpy made some pretty good points.

In my opinion, the defining house characteristics are not necessarily what they are described to be. By observing members of the house, you get a much clearer picture of what is valued.

I don't think one house can be qualified as the "house of ambition." All 4 houses court ambition, merely through different ways. Gryffindor are bold and courageous, Ravenclaw are clever and witty, Slytherin are under-handed and conniving, and Hufflepuff are hard-working and politic.

I don't know enough about Booster Gold to say anything. I wouldn't put the Joker in Gryffindor. The insane don't need courage to do what they do.

Athaniar
2009-07-01, 04:22 AM
Hmm...

Order of the Stick
Elan: Gryffindor (courage, daring, nerve and chivalry: all class features of the Dashing Swordsman).
Haley: Slytherin (ambition, cunning, and resourcefulness are typical rogue traits).
Roy: Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.
Durkon: Hufflepuff.
Vaarsuvius: Ravenclaw or Slytherin.
Belkar: Slytherin.

Star Trek
Most members of Starfleet are probably Hufflepuff.
Klingons should generally fit into Gryffindor (like Worf or Martok), although some of the more "corrupt" ones are probably Slytherin (like Duras).
Vulcans are ideal for Ravenclaw.
Romulans are pure Slytherin.
Ferengi are also typical Slytherin.

Star Wars
The Jedi are basically Hufflepuff, with a touch of Gryffindor at times.
The Sith are a perfect example of the Slytherin mentality.

Rutskarn
2009-07-01, 12:17 PM
Okay, do you have a link to any stories you made about this character. Because from what I'm hearing it's both pretty hilarious and quite possibly disturbing.

Okay, see, I'm going to need to see some ID to prove you're not one of my advertising androids.

Uh. I mean. Advertising...androids. That...I...damn it, I'm bad at lying.

Assuming you're a human:

http://www.chocolatehammer.org/?page_id=551

Arachu
2009-07-01, 01:01 PM
Semi-obscure PS1 game reference coming!
(Legend of Dragoon; it was so awesome, they needed four disks to contain it)

Name, defining element, probable house

Dart (fire); Griffindor
Lavitz (wind); Griffindor or perhaps Hufflepuff
Shana (light); Hufflepuff
Rose (darkness); Ravenclaw
Haschel (lightning); umm... not Slytherin?
Albert (wind); Hufflepuff, and yet Griffindor at the same time somehow
Kongol (earth); Griffindor; a little more ambition and Slytherin
Meru (water); Probably Hufflepuff...
Miranda (light); ... She'd fit in anywhere.

There, that should be about it... I think

In addition;

David Valentine (from the Vampire Earth book series) would fit best in Griffindor or Ravenclaw

Any dwarf from Dwarf Fortress would be dark wizards disguised as Slytherins; the elves would be dementors :smallamused:

Most of my video game characters for alignment would be either Huffelpuff or Slytherin, but they'd work anywhere, especially Ravenclaw (I'm a saboteur)

... Also, Revan from Star Wars KotOR would found his own house and "convince" the other houses to integrate under his banner :smallamused:

Selrahc
2009-07-01, 01:15 PM
MItchell and Webb sketch on the Sorting Hat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXF4JuA6tcg

*looks at nearby books...*
Flashman is obviously a Slytherin
Catch 22 is rather hard to sort out. I think Yossarian belongs in Gryffindor, Milo is a Slytherin, a lot of the other characters are Hufflepuff.
Most Terry Pratchett protagonist characters are Gryffindor, sooner or later with a slant to Ravenclaw on a lot. Rincewind is the most notable exception, being probably a rather inept Ravenclaw.
Kurt Vonnegut characters are probably majority Ravenclaw.

Rogue 7
2009-07-01, 01:19 PM
Less obscure PS2 RPG! Persona 4!

Let's start with the easy ones.

Chie- Gryffindor to the bone.

Naoto- as Ravenclaw as they come.

Teddie- Loyal as anything, so he's in Hufflepuff.

Kanji- I think I must give him Gryffindor as well- while he may be scared and inept at talking to the ladies, and not particularly into "manly" things, he's still fairly straightforward and hard-charging when it comes down to it.

Rise- Hufflepuff, honestly. Because she really doesn't honsestly seem to have a dishonest bone in her body. That her stage persona was dishonest about who she really is doesn't make her dishonest, and I think it showed with her social link.

Yukiko- Ravenclaw. Like Naoto, she's clever (though she does occasionally channel Luna Lovegood slightly)

Yosuke- Slytherin. He's really sneaky and dishonest at times, and always the guy who gets in trouble for supposedly "clever" plans- signing the girls up for the beauty pageant, for example.

J.Gellert
2009-07-01, 01:28 PM
Asterix: Ravenclaw
Obelix: Hufflepuff
Spiderman: Gryffindor
Naruto: Gryffindor
Rock Lee: Hufflepuff
Sasuke: Slytherin
Sakura: With Sasuke...
Wolverine: Doesn't care...
Iron Man: Buys Hogwarts...
Conan: In all 4 houses, pillaging the valuables...
Elminster: Wondering where his hat went...

Phase
2009-07-01, 01:31 PM
The Scout - Hufflepuff
The Soldier - Gryffindor
The Pyro - Ravenclaw
The Demoman - Gryffindor
The Heavy - Gryffindor
The Engineer - Ravenclaw
The Medic - Slytherin
The Sniper - Slytherin
The Spy - Slytherin

Blayze
2009-07-01, 07:21 PM
Sadly -- but not for me, as it makes writing the whole thing interesting as hell -- everyone in Estra belongs in Slytherin, simply because I intend it to be a deconstruction of fantasy and the other three Houses are where the "good" characters go. Slytherin might as well have been called "Always Chaotic Evil".

Raz_Fox
2009-07-01, 07:37 PM
Silmarillion:
Feanor - Ruthless, ambitious, slightly-underhanded? Of course, at the start of his story he was probably a Gryffindor...
Fingolfin - Brave, honorable and tenacious.
Finarfin - "Please don't fight, guys!"
Finrod Felagund - Friendly and a good craftsman, while a bit of a dreamer.
Maedhros - Most honorable of the sons of Feanor, with a good heart.
Beren - Guy was determined, heroic and loyal.
Luthien - A bit controversial, but I personally think Luthien was the brains of the duo. :smalltongue:
Thingol - No reason, really. Guy just struck me as smarter than any of the Noldor.
Maeglin - Sneaky yet smart, ambitious and creepy.
Melkor - ...Yeah.

Agrippa
2009-07-01, 07:40 PM
Sadly -- but not for me, as it makes writing the whole thing interesting as hell -- everyone in Estra belongs in Slytherin, simply because I intend it to be a deconstruction of fantasy and the other three Houses are where the "good" characters go. Slytherin might as well have been called "Always Chaotic Evil".

Yeah, that's how it turned out. Rowlling, had an interesting premise for Slytherin House. Yes it produced the most evil wizards of all of Hogwarts' houses, but its main virture wasn't cruelty or ruthlessness but ambition. Let's take a closer look at the meaning of the word.

Main Entry: 1am·bi·tion
Pronunciation: \am-ˈbi-shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin ambition-, ambitio, literally, act of soliciting for votes, from ambire
Date: 14th century
1 a: an ardent desire for rank, fame, or power b: desire to achieve a particular end
2: the object of ambition <her ambition is to start her own business>
3: a desire for activity or exertion <felt sick and had no ambition>
— am·bi·tion·less \-ləs\ adjective

Does any of this sound inherintly evil? Not to me. Unfortunately instead of acting the house of ambition Slytherin behaved like Psychopathic Bigot House or Simpering Toadie House. Snape (but not always) and Horace Slughorn were sole exceptions to this rule. Next question: would you consider Rorschach terribly ambitious?

Krazddndfreek
2009-07-01, 08:31 PM
Well, generally in stories of adventure and magic and those kinds of things, ambition often LEADS to ruthlessness and violence. At least in my experience.

And from The Greater Good (http://www.neorice.com):
Burk: Gryffindor
Noah: Slytherin
Sunny: Slytherin
"Diplomat": Ravenclaw or Slytherin
Tobi: Gryffindor
"3": Hufflepuff

and I may or may not think of more. And who's Rorschach?

Blayze
2009-07-01, 08:43 PM
Next question: would you consider Rorschach terribly ambitious?

From what I've read of Watchmen, I'd say yes on the third meaning -- if only for his drive and determination.

ambition often LEADS to ruthlessness and violence.

Sadly, even when it's done well -- see the early part of the game Jade Empire for a good example -- it quickly falls apart.

According to the "Way of the Open Palm," the key to maintaining the universe is by being in harmony with nature, one's surroundings, and one's station in life. As an effect of being in nature with one's surroundings, one is expected to actively assist in lessening the chaos in the area, through the assistance of lessening burdens. While this seems "Peaceful", the Way of the Open Palm is strict in another form: one should not act outside their station and purpose in life.[12]

According to the "Way of the Closed Fist," on the other hand, the purpose of life is to follow the ways of serving oneself — to face one's challenges head on, challenge one's station in life, and work to become self-reliant. The emphasis of the Way of the Closed Fist is combat, turmoil, and constantly challenging oneself, which is why many of those who are evil tend to be considered to follow the Way of the Closed Fist, in that they bring about chaos in the universe.[13]

Context plays a large part in the interpretation of these philosophies. For example, an evil follower of the Open Palm path could enable the suffering of others in order to achieve greater order,[12] and a good follower of the Closed Fist path could encourage self-reliance in others, thus making them happier.[13] For instance, if a follower of the Open Palm came upon a peasant being attacked by a gang of bandits, he would help because it is the right thing to do. Conversely, if a follower of the Closed Fist encountered this situation, he would reason that the peasant must survive on their own merit, or die. However, the Closed Fist student might also help the peasant if he felt that the peasant was too far out of his league for such a battle to be a valid test of his strength. For example, if a common thug came upon this situation he may not help the peasant due to concern for his own safety, but then later claim he was merely following the way of the Closed Fist. In this way, the Closed Fist tends to be misconstrued as evil.

Despite the philosophical nuances, the actual game play in Jade Empire for the most part casts Open Palm actions as selfless and heroic, and Closed Fist actions as selfish and thuggish.

UltraDude
2009-07-01, 08:47 PM
Going for more cast placings in the vein of JRPGs: Tales of the Abyss!

Luke - Gryffindor, though his early behavior almost makes him a Slytherin.

Tear - Ravenclaw; she has her Hufflepuff moments, but she uses her head more.

Anise - ...Slytherin probably fits.

Jade - Ravenclaw. While his cruelty and past would suggest Slytherin, he's mostly in it for the knowledge.

Guy - Ravenclaw. Another smart party member, though he could fit into any house to a degree.

Natalia - Hufflepuff. She's introduced as 'the princess who mostly just wants to help her people a lot.'

Surprisingly Ravenclaw cast.

Rutskarn
2009-07-01, 09:12 PM
The Scout - Hufflepuff
The Soldier - Gryffindor
The Pyro - Ravenclaw
The Demoman - Gryffindor
The Heavy - Gryffindor
The Engineer - Ravenclaw
The Medic - Slytherin
The Sniper - Slytherin
The Spy - Slytherin

I'd put Scout and Pyro in Gryffindor--the one because of their brash posturing, the other because...well...W+M1.

Agrippa
2009-07-01, 09:16 PM
From what I've read of Watchmen, I'd say yes on the third meaning -- if only for his drive and determination.

Which is also embraced by Gryffindor House. Any feeling that those two houses aren't that different from each other. Not to mention that definition number three of ambition (a desire for activity or exertion) is something that any Hogwarts' student should have.

Sadly, even when it's done well -- see the early part of the game Jade Empire for a good example -- it quickly falls apart.

Yet again, interesting premise, flawed execution.

Haruki-kun
2009-07-02, 01:14 AM
Going for more cast placings in the vein of JRPGs: Tales of the Abyss!

Then I'll be doing Tales of Symphonia's!

Lloyd: Gryffindor

Genis: Ravenclaw

Colette: HufflePuff

Kratos: Gryffindor

Raine: Ravenclaw

Sheena: Gryffindor

Zelos: Slytherin

Presea: Gryffindor

Regal: HufflePuff

J.B. Ganning
2009-07-02, 09:12 AM
Rutskarn: Hufflepuff.

Wouldn't you be best suited for Ravenclaw?

Lord Loss
2009-07-02, 09:25 AM
''L'' For Ravenclaw

Ryuk for... um...DEATH EATER!

Misa For Hufflepuff

Light's Father for Gryffindor

I think that Light goes in Ravenclaw or Slytherin

Rogue 7
2009-07-02, 09:57 AM
Tales Trifecta! Vesperia!

Yuri- Hufflepuff. A badass Hufflepuff, but his main quality is that he's stubborn as hell, even if the Chaotic Good tendencies mean he might be more Gryffindor.

Estelle- Ravenclaw. She's very Luna-esque, with a bit more grounding in reality.

Karol- Gryffindor.

Rita- Ravenclaw.

Judith- I must say Slytherin.

Raven- Slytherin as well.

Flynn- Gryffindor.

Repede- chills with Hagrid.

Rutskarn
2009-07-02, 11:59 AM
Wouldn't you be best suited for Ravenclaw?

In all honesty? I'm pretty damn sure I, myself. would end up in Hufflepuff.

I have a kind of ready-to-pitch-in stoicism that the House upholds as sacred.

Rutskarn is Hufflepuff for those and a variety of different ways--he keeps moving, doesn't let anything break him down, and (while he might not be the most educated man alive) is more than a little cunning.

skywalker
2009-07-02, 02:25 PM
Does any of this sound inherintly evil? Not to me. Unfortunately instead of acting the house of ambition Slytherin behaved like Psychopathic Bigot House or Simpering Toadie House. Snape (but not always) and Horace Slughorn were sole exceptions to this rule. Next question: would you consider Rorschach terribly ambitious?

This is why I said that you get a better image of the house from looking at the characters, not from what they say is the primary goal of the house. When it comes down to how they're described (not necessarily portrayed), Slytherin aren't even the House of ambition, but of blood-purity. So, they're the elitist house.

Really, tho, I don't see how you can say ambition is the exclusive purview of Slytherin house. The only two Hufflepuffs who are really explored in the books are Ernie MacMillan and Cedric Diggory, both of whom are quite ambitious. They merely have a different way of going about getting what they want.

J.B. Ganning
2009-07-02, 06:28 PM
In all honesty? I'm pretty damn sure I, myself. would end up in Hufflepuff.

I have a kind of ready-to-pitch-in stoicism that the House upholds as sacred.

Rutskarn is Hufflepuff for those and a variety of different ways--he keeps moving, doesn't let anything break him down, and (while he might not be the most educated man alive) is more than a little cunning.

Apparently, I got http://timidity.org/tests/hufflepuff.gif (http://timidity.org/tests/sortinghat.html) myself.

I wonder if Catbert would get Slytherin while Dogbert may get Ravenclaw... or rather, they'd get whatever one they want.

Haruki-kun
2009-07-02, 08:10 PM
I think that Light goes in Ravenclaw or Slytherin

I'm voting for Slytherin. Even removing the whole "being the big bad" thing, he was known for his cunning and resourcefulness, not for his great mind. The two are very close together, but you can see a different, although it's difficult to explain. Besides, he's very ambitious.

Arachu
2009-07-02, 11:24 PM
Well, one of Light's defining attributes was his mind, but the other was his sheer lust for power.

Recall how he once asserted that he might trade half of his lifespan for wings to appear more divine. On that same tangent, he seeks to help the world... Shortly before becoming its new god.

I'd say he had even more ambition than intelligence (which is already ridiculously high by itself).

ghost_warlock
2009-07-03, 12:15 AM
Page 2 and nobody's done Firefly yet? I'm shocked. :smalltongue:

Agrippa
2009-07-03, 12:59 AM

Well I've mentioned Innara, Kaylee and Mal. I've also mentioned Sam Axe, Michael Weston, Fiona Glennanne, the Operative, the Joker and Rorschach.

Kaez
2009-07-03, 01:52 AM
Gryffindor values courage, daring, nerve and chivalry.
Hufflepuff values hard work, loyalty, tolerance, and fair play.
Ravenclaw values intelligence, creativity, wit, and wisdom.
Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, and resourcefulness.

For example: Ichigo Kurosaki is (IMO) a Gryffindor.

If we're using your values for Ichigo (your example) I'm gonna have to argue that you are both right and wrong.

He has lots of traits, more than one person should have. He has and values courage, daring, nerve and chivalry (I mean look at the current arc).

But he has and values Hard Work (Bankai ring any bells?), loyalty, tolerance (poster boy for tolerance with his Orange hair :P), and Fair play (hates fighting people who has a disadvantage, even doesn't use rally cheap shots unless need be).

He has creativity (slightly), his intellegence is good but not great (unless in combat, then he normally dominates), he has ambition (rescuing Rukia is a giant ambition :P), and he is cunning and resourcful.

The ones I didn't mention are his....lacking traits :P. But I do feel he would be more strongly suited in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.

hamishspence
2009-07-03, 05:06 PM
from the Sorting Hat:

"these cunning folk use any means, to achieve their ends"

"power hungry Slytherin, loved those of great ambition"

"took only pure blood wizards, of great cunning, just like him"

Now, the pure blood thing certainly isn't a requirement these days (Voldemort, Snape, Harry)

and if an element of ambition is present in all the houses, that leaves "great cunning"

Which again, crops up sometimes outside Slytherin.

Its really not very well defined. Closest thing to a likeable Slytherin is Horace Slughorn.

Oslecamo
2009-07-03, 06:14 PM
I'd say he had even more ambition than intelligence (which is already ridiculously high by itself).

Someone who lets himself be cornered like he did, weaponless, and then blurts out his big secret, doesn't really fit any criteria of intelegence. More like madness.

He's clearly fit for the guy who cleans the bathrooms. Perhaps he'll learn something once he has to do some hard worck himself instead of sacrificing other people for minimal gains.

Arachu
2009-07-03, 06:28 PM
Well, he had intelligence before the whole insanity part...

Oh, and STARGATE!!! Mwahaha!

O'Neil: Griffindor?
Daniel: Ravenclaw
Samantha: Probably Ravenclaw, maybe Hufflepuff
Teal'c: Griffindor!
Mitchell: Also Griffindor
Ronin: ... He learned on his own...
Tayla: Probably Griffindor
Mc'Kay: Ravenclaw, or Slytherin? Probably Slytherin...

Gah, my concentration broke... Too many peoples :cough:

... And after about four years in Ravenclaw, Gordon Freeman almost destroys the entire school and then gets promoted to Headmaster for saving it again. :smalltongue:

Or, wait, was Lamarr the Headmaster? (boom:smallamused:)

Dhavaer
2009-07-03, 06:45 PM
Hammer - Gryffindor or Hufflepuff
Garth - Ravenclaw
Reaver - Slytherin

Rutskarn
2009-07-03, 07:19 PM
... And after about four years in Ravenclaw, Gordon Freeman almost destroys the entire school and then gets promoted to Headmaster for saving it again. :smalltongue:

Hey, wasn't HIS fault they told him to shove a cart full of magical crystals into a ritual. He was just the operator.

Haruki-kun
2009-07-03, 08:31 PM
He has ambition (rescuing Rukia is a giant ambition :P),

Would you say his reasons for saving Rukia were more out of ambition than out of loyalty or friendship?

Obrysii
2009-07-03, 08:56 PM
I am going to select Naruto, mostly because Orochimaru is almost identical to Voldemort and the Third Hokage is pretty much identical to Dumbledore. Also, Naruto is about a perfect example of Gryffindor.

Gryffindor: Naruto, Gaara post-Narutofight**, Kakashi*, Nagato

Ravenclaw: Sakura, Sarutobi (Third Hokage), Neji, Shikamaru

Hufflepuff: Lee, Gai

Slytherin: Sasuke, Gaara pre-Narutofight**, Orochimaru

*Kakashi could fit in either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor

**I wonder if, when people have drastic changes of hearts, they can be assigned to different houses later?

Assassin89
2009-07-03, 09:20 PM
I'm choosing Final Fantasy IV

Cecil: Gryffindor
Kain: Slytherin
Rydia:Ravenclaw
Rosa: Gryffindor
Tellah: Ravenclaw
Edward: Gryffindor
Yang: Hufflepuff
Cid: Hufflepuff
Palom: Slytherin
Porom: Ravenclaw
Edge: Ravenclaw
Golbez: Slytherin
Scarmiglione: Slytherin
Cagnazzo: Slytherin
Barbariccia: Slytherin
Rubicante: The sorting hat would have been burnt to a crisp, but Slytherin

Finn Solomon
2009-07-03, 10:11 PM

Let me try!

Gryffindor: Mal Reynolds, Zoe Alleyne Washburne, Shepherd Book

Mal's a no-brainer. He took a hell of a lot of torture in War Stories and kept River Tam on his ship even though it meant that the entire Alliance would be against him. Plus, he's a veteran of Serenity Valley. Zoe survived the same battle intact and doesn't hesitate doing her duty, whether its rescuring her captain or fighting off a wave of Reavers.

Ravenclaw: Simon Tam, River Tam, Inara Serra

Top three percent in his class and a genius who makes that seem like a child seems about right here. Although I'd imagine the sorting hat having difficulty whether to sort Simon into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, given the immense bravery he displayed in rescuing his sister from the Academy.

Hufflepuff: Kaylee Frye, Hoban Washburne

Loyalty, good-natured, hard workers, people you just like to spend time with. Kaylee and Wash would feel right at home here.

Slytherin: Jayne Cobb

Ambition, ambition, ambition. Mrs Cobb's baby boy would sell out the crew in a heartbeat if the money was good enough. Or would he? Either way, Jayne has displayed ruthlessness in the pursuit of his aims and cunning to come up with a plan to kidnap River, which puts him squarely in the green house.

I had difficulty sorting Book and Inara, given the complexity of their characters. Book has displayed traits from Red, Blue and Yellow. After much thought, I think I'll place the Shepherd in Gryffindor. Voluntarily leaving the Alliance must not have been easy, and it takes a brave man to preach the word to a hostile verse.

Inara...I have no idea. She's loyal to Mal, or at least loves him. She was brave enough to fight Reavers and offer herself to Atherton Wing if only he would spare Mal. She's smart enough to come up with the plan to trap Saffron. And she does have ambition, able to be House Priestess in Madrassa before it all went wrong. In the end, I think I'll put her in Ravenclaw. She's very cool, measured and collected and is knowledgeable on a wide number of topics.

Kaez
2009-07-03, 11:00 PM
Would you say his reasons for saving Rukia were more out of ambition than out of loyalty or friendship?

I suppose it can be defined that way, but I mean he still can fit into other houses instead of Gryffindor for his different traits :P. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Starscream
2009-07-03, 11:54 PM
Gryffindor: The Third Doctor, The Eighth Doctor, The Ninth Doctor
Hufflepuff: The Second Doctor, The Fifth Doctor, The Tenth Doctor
Ravenclaw: The First Doctor, The Fourth Doctor
Slytherin: The Sixth Doctor, The Seventh Doctor

I suppose the Doctor as a whole would be Ravenclaw. They've all been geniuses.