PDA

View Full Version : Happy Canada Day

Kneenibble
2009-07-01, 02:04 PM
With the day well under hand in all parts of Canada except our territory in the Antarctic, I'm surprised that I am the one to make this thread.

Happy Canada Day et Jouyeuse Fete du Canada to the forum. It's a gentle sunny day in Winnipeg and there will be an orgy of fireworks at the Forks tonight.

What's Canada Day like in other parts of the Dominion? What about the weather?

*gets ball rolling*

Dr. Bath
2009-07-01, 02:09 PM
I did not know that today was Canada day, I am sorry Kneenibble. :smallfrown:

Lord Loss
2009-07-01, 02:13 PM
Joyeuse , not Joyaux. That's a toy/prized possesion. If it was Masculin it would be Joyeux. But Fête is feminin and therefore it's Joyeuse.

But, Aye! C'est la fête du Canada! It's canada day! YAY! YIPEE! YAYOOO!

Lord Herman
2009-07-01, 02:17 PM
Happy birthday, Canada! :smallsmile:

Chunklets
2009-07-01, 02:18 PM
Yes indeed, a most happy Canada Day to one and all (and it's a truly lovely day for it out here on the vast prairie!)!!

SDF
2009-07-01, 02:27 PM
*sings Blame Canada to celebrate the day*

Kneenibble
2009-07-01, 02:27 PM
Fixed it, thanks, arb514.

Bathophilose:
*SNORT* TYPICAL.

Zocelot
2009-07-01, 03:38 PM
Happy Canada Day to all Canadians, even the ones from Quebec.

thorgrim29
2009-07-01, 07:22 PM
Hey, I like Canada (well, I won't be celebrating or anything, but then again I didn't celebrate St-Jean on the 24th), I can't be blamed for the 30 odd percent of my fellow quebekers who don't can I? Anyway, happy Canada day everyone.

Bracket
2009-07-01, 07:27 PM
Horray for Canada! :smallsmile:

Well, I don't live in Canada, but I'm less than 30 minutes away.

Juhn
2009-07-01, 07:29 PM
Well, we here in Windsor tend to compromise with our neighbours in Detroit when it comes to celebrations, though that doesn't explain why we had our fireworks last week... :smallconfused:

Recaiden
2009-07-01, 07:51 PM
Happy Canada Day!

Alteran
2009-07-01, 07:54 PM
Happy Birthday Canada! Hello to all other Canadians from Toronto. It's been pretty nice today, sort of cloudy. At least it hasn't rained yet...I think. I haven't actually been outside yet. :smallredface:

I feel like I had a better celebration before. For the last two years, I was on a canoe trip on Canada day. This year Canada Day has been a pretty normal day for me.

SDF
2009-07-01, 08:21 PM
My backyard property line was Canada for 12 years, and my great grandmother came to America illegally from Canada, so I feel close to this holiday. :smalltongue:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-07-01, 08:22 PM
For Canada Day, all I did was eat Bannock, BLT's and Cornbread for lunch, and then have some strawberries and whipped-cream on shortbread for desert after dinner. It's not like it was 2 years ago, when it was the 140th.

Moonshadow
2009-07-01, 08:52 PM
Enjoy your milk in bags, my Canadian brethren!

afroakuma
2009-07-01, 08:55 PM
Canadians from all over the world celebrate their patriotic day. Let it be known that we are proud of great Canadia! :smallbiggrin: typo intentional

Zocelot
2009-07-01, 10:02 PM
For Canada Day, all I did was eat Bannock, BLT's and Cornbread for lunch, and then have some strawberries and whipped-cream on shortbread for desert after dinner. It's not like it was 2 years ago, when it was the 140th.

I was in Ottawa that year, the celebrations were fantastic.

Shades of Gray
2009-07-01, 10:21 PM
Tonight my dad did fireworks. And due to forgetting about some of them, saved the worst for last.

But we still love him.

fetfet
2009-07-01, 10:27 PM
For this Torontonian, Canada Day involved the viewing of the movie "The Hangover." It was so good.

Flame of Anor
2009-07-02, 01:56 AM
Yes, happy Canada Day, especially to Nathan Fillion and Kate Beaton.

J.B. Ganning
2009-07-02, 08:59 AM
With the day well under hand in all parts of Canada except our territory in the Antarctic, I'm surprised that I am the one to make this thread.

Happy Canada Day et Jouyeuse Fete du Canada to the forum. It's a gentle sunny day in Winnipeg and there will be an orgy of fireworks at the Forks tonight.

What's Canada Day like in other parts of the Dominion? What about the weather?

*gets ball rolling*

Well shoot. I was busy celebrating Canada too much to notice this thread.

By "celebrate" I mean I was watching half a dozen Canadian films (or films starring Canadians) on my couch, five steps away from the computer. Then I watched Rocky Horror Picture Show because I didn't have a seventh to wrap it all up.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-02, 09:02 AM
Happy Canada Day to all Canadians, even the ones from Quebec.

Yeah I hope this wasn't sarcasm lol.

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-07-02, 09:54 AM
I like Canada, I really do. My family moved there from Ireland during the 1800s. They left because of the National Anthem.

(it make my ears bleed)

fast fact: the music (not words) was used for my high school anthem; but we were not allowed to play it because it depressed the football team before the games. :smallfrown:

So I have to ask. Do you (Canadians) like it?

B-Man
2009-07-02, 09:55 AM
Just want to wish Canada a belated happy birthday. My Canada Day was rather uneventful. I really wish I was feeling better yesterday so that I could've watched the fireworks along the Harbour. :smallfrown:

Also, is it just me, or was anyone else annoyed that stores were open yesterday? >>

EDIT: I do like our national anthem. Our guitar class in high school recorded a heavy metal cover of the anthem. I loved hearing that played over the PA system in the morning. \m/ :smallbiggrin:

MichelleLBC
2009-07-02, 06:39 PM
I heart Toronto

Gem Flower
2009-07-03, 09:25 AM
I call it Dominion Day, cuz I think it sounds cooler.:smalltongue: I went to Ottawa with my family for Dominion Day, it was awesome! Ottawa goes pretty crazy; there was this amazing fireworks show, endless live entertainment, random people saying "Happy Canada Day!", and the nation's capital residents just generally going insane.:smallbiggrin:

puppyavenger
2009-07-03, 06:17 PM
dam, didn't notice this thread

Happy belated Canada Day! as I've bee ntelling everyone I meet

I spent it eating a beaver-tail while watching the corner-gas marathon on the comedy network. Yes seriously.

Zocelot
2009-07-03, 06:25 PM
dam, didn't notice this thread

Happy belated Canada Day! as I've bee ntelling everyone I meet

I spent it eating a beaver-tail while watching the corner-gas marathon on the comedy network. Yes seriously.

That is seriously Canadian. I did go to Tim Hortons, but I think you've got me beat in terms of Canadianess.

phoenixineohp
2009-07-04, 02:32 PM
Happy belated birthday Canada.
I was working for the day, and the place was packed. But it was still nice and sunny. :smallsmile: