PDA

View Full Version : Spell Craft

Demons_eye
2009-07-04, 09:54 AM
Whats the best way to up spellcraft? Any items that increase it? Feats that give more then a +2? Any help? I ask because I looked into the Inantatrix call and I wonder how you would make those checks.

Coidzor
2009-07-04, 10:09 AM
Item Familiars bonuses up to your ranks in the skill. +10 competence bonus magic items. +2 MW tool. Allies with half a rank or more in spellcraft doing the aid another action to boost your roll.

http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-517935.html

http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-496080

That's two threads so far.

Claudius Maximus
2009-07-04, 10:13 AM
A familiar can use aid another since it shares your ranks. Also, if your DM allows it you might be able to make a custom item of up to +30 to a skill. Another option, also depending on DM approval, is to use a "Tool, Masterwork" for Spellcraft. There isn't one in any book that I know, but that's the basis for custom ones.

EDIT: and don't forget other bonuses. Cast Heroism, UMD a wand of Divine Inspiration or whatever that's called, get a Luckstone, etc.

Gaiyamato
2009-07-04, 10:17 AM
Precocious Aprentice gives a permanent +2 to spellcraft. Wizards only, level 1 only.
Skill Focus(Spellcraft) gives +3.
Skill Synergies. Knowledge Arcana gives a strait +2 where UMD gives +2 for scrolls (doesn't help you).

Greater Skill Shard of Spellcraft gives you +5.

Sinfire Titan
2009-07-04, 10:25 AM
Precocious Aprentice gives a permanent +2 to spellcraft. Wizards only, level 1 only.
Skill Focus(Spellcraft) gives +3.
Skill Synergies. Knowledge Arcana gives a strait +2 where UMD gives +2 for scrolls (doesn't help you).

Greater Skill Shard of Spellcraft gives you +5.

Once. Only.

Gaiyamato
2009-07-04, 10:29 AM
Once. Only.

Still. :P
The OP did ask for anything. lol.

Darkfire
2009-07-04, 11:06 AM
Actually, it's available to all arcane casters rather than just wizards. Complete Arcane p181 if you want to verify.