PDA

View Full Version : Blind Master PrC

Brett Wong
2005-12-28, 09:56 AM
ok heres my new Prestige class The Blind Master.

Requirments-
Feats, Blind-Fight, Agile, Improved unarmed-strike
Skills, Listen: 7 ranks
BaB, +5
Special, Must be ceremonially purged of ones eyes, by another Blind Master

Hit die: D10
skill points per level: 3+ wisdom modifier
class skills: listen, balance, survival, sense motive

level one: improved alertness, Blind Sense
level two: uncanny dodge, Trap sense
level three: Improoved uncanny dodge
level four: weapon focus (unarmed strike)
level five: weapon specialization (unarmed strike), Tremmor sense
level six: Greater weapon Specialization (unarmed strike), Improved Critical (unarmed strike)
level seven: Blind sight, iron will, skill focus (listen)
level eight: Spring Attack, Stunning Fist
level nine: Whisper Punch, lightning reflexes
level ten: Master Style, Whats mine is yours

The ones i made up:

Whisper Punch: an attack that has a 50% chance to paralyse an enemy.
--Master Style--
pick one

Gental Palm Style: you use the palms of urs fists to knock back enemys every attack you make has a 25% chance of Parilization and knocks them back 5 feet. if you choose this mastery you get skill focus in balance.

Knife Hand Style: you use you hands like knifes and add and extra 2D6 to your Damage if you pick this mastery you get skill focus in Sense motive.

Rukh Fist Style: you use your fists like hammers and beat the living hell outa stuff. And you have a 25% chance of Knocking somthing unconciuse on every attack. if you pick this mastery you get skill focus in survival

Channel Ki Style: you have an extra 20HP

notes on master styles: you can only choose one, you have to be level ten, -- thats it for masteries lets moove on

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats mines is yours: when you atack something you have a 25% chanse that they become blind.

notes- everyting thats says 25% is a if you roll a 4 on a D4 ;D

Democratus
2005-12-28, 10:22 AM
A few comments:

1) You need to assign DCs for each of the powers. You also need saves and BaB for each level of the PrC.

2) Might think about requiring a minimum Wis.

3) Knife Hand Style: Why would knife hands give you sense motive? Also, what's the justification for the +2d6 damage?

4) What is the range of your Blind Sense?

5) What's mine is yours: What's the mechanic for this? Is it per the Blindness spell?

-----------------------------------

You should check a few other PrC threads here and follow the formatting used there. It makes it easier to gauge the level/atk/save progression and do a good comparison.

Mjoellnir
2005-12-28, 10:24 AM
Hm, sounds a bit like the WarCraft Demonhunter to me.

A few corrections:

Skill points are normally an even number, and always + intelligence modifier. You should add some class skills, like knowledge, craft, tumble and such things.
Then I miss the saves and the base attack bonus.
And what the hell are the master styles? Why can you judge if someone lies or tells the truth when you can use your hands like knives? Rukh and "Whats mine is yours" ist totally overpowered.
I think you want to play a blind monk. That's a nice idea, but it needs a bit more work and balancing.

Brett Wong
2005-12-28, 10:27 AM
wow i never thaught of that THEY ARE LIKE DEMON HUNTERS that is so cool

Single Shot Zombie
2005-12-28, 10:36 AM
You should add some unique abilities here; we don't just want an ordinary, plain-Jane vanilla blind monk, do we?

As for what to add, I have no ideas ATM.

Renloth
2005-12-28, 10:42 AM
Do Whisper Punch and Gental Palm style stack?
If so, you've got an ability that can paralyze someone 75% of the time, with (apparently) no save.
Thought that might be worth mentioning.

I would recommend dropping the skill focus from the Master Styles.

Ryver
2005-12-28, 10:44 AM
Does anyone else think that 25% to Blind an opponent with no save is overpowered? Not to mention 25% to make them unconscious, no save. 25% to paralyze, and Whisper Punch is 50% to paralyze, no save or duration listed... needless to say, though, people who get put to sleep or paralyzed are going to get a Coup de Grace in the face from the barbarian next round, which pretty much ruins things, doesn't it?

A clever DM could use elves/dragons/other creatures immune to magic sleep, but they shouldn't have to. That's some seriously broken stuff, there.

Blind Master: Sorry, but you can't move anymore.
Dragon: But I'm a fracking DRAGON.
BM: But I rolled even on my whisper punch. It doesn't seem quite right, does it?
D: No. No, it doesn't.

On a purely aesthetic note, it seems odd that the style you choose only comes into effect when you hit BM10. To me, it seems like you should have lesser mastery of the style, working up to full mastery. That's my opinion, though.

As it stands, the abilities need to be fixed before anything else, really.

Renloth
2005-12-28, 10:50 AM
Oops, I knew I forgot something...
I agree, the premise is good, but the execution is wrong.

Also, nice use of CAD Ryver. :)

Brickwall
2005-12-28, 12:29 PM
What if the guy was already permanently blinded? Does that mean he has no chance of becoming one of these guys because he already can't see? The whole ceremony thing seems unnecessary.

What's mine is yours: tone that wayyy down. A save needs to be implemented, I'd reccomend reflex. Also, I'd take the chance down to 10%.

Master style: this should definitely be removed and replaced. I'd probably give him some Sight Beyond Sight ability (see invisible&ethereal creatures or something). That's only a suggestion, but Master Style seems out of place,

Fix the skill points (probably 4+int)

More class skills. He has practically none (climb and swim are good to add, tumble maybe. Just look at the monk list and take away spot and other sight-reliant skills)

Add a save to Whisper Punch

Get rid of the Weapon specializations and focuses; assuming this is mostly monk-based, he should at least be able to use monk weapons with proficiency almost equal to his unarmed strike. Perhaps add bonuses of different sorts.

That's all I feel like whining about right now

LoopyZebra
2005-12-29, 02:46 AM
Hmm... I think if the character is blinded, they should function like a chracter hit with the blindness spell, decreasing the hit chance. As a bonus to his class, seeing as he'll rarely hit because of this, maybe the character should be able to inflict lots of damage/effects on the enemy.

McDeath
2005-12-29, 06:29 AM
Or make it that as they take levels of Blind Master, the miss chance decreases (or they have to make a Listen check in order to ignore the modifier, or something).

Also: This class...is BROKEN. BROKEN. Someone who gets to level ten in this class cannot help but be grossly overpowered; 25% chance to blind/cripple an opponent? Without a save? Like Ryver showed, against powerful enemies like a dragon...also, shouldn't there be a size modifier on Gental (presumably Gentle) Palm? How is a monk going to knock back a 40-tonne dragon?

Draedan
2005-12-29, 05:09 PM
I created a blind swordsman class a while back based on Zatoichi (which is what i guess you are trying to do), though my version was a base class, not a PrC.

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: D8
Skills: Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Knowledge (Local), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Sense Motive, Tumble
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4+Int Modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4+Int Modifier

BAB: Fighter
Saves: Rogue

Level
1st Blind Sense 15ft +5 Feet/5 Levels
2nd Evasion, Sneak attack +1d6
3rd Still Mind
4th Uncanny Dodge
5th +1 AC, Sneak attack +2d6
6th Bonus Feat
7th Wholeness of Body
8th Improved Uncanny Dodge, Sneak attack +3d6
9th Improved Evasion
10th +2 AC
11th Sneak attack +4d6
12th Bonus Feat
13th
14th Sneak attack +5d6
15th +3 AC
16th Abundant Step
17th Sneak attack +6D6
18th
19th Empty Body
20th +4 AC, Sneak attack +7d6

Class Features:
Blind: Is immune to all sight based effects and can never make a spot check.
AC Bonus: As per a monk

Its still in the works, but this is what I have come up with so far.