PDA

View Full Version : Here's my review of a book but Oots-styled!

Raenir Salazar
2009-07-05, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12HpzDS6FBs

Its a Zero Punctuation parody/imitation as well. I'm reviewing a book called "Made Poorly in China"

Salty
2009-07-05, 09:22 PM
Not too bad, it could use some cleaning up, but a pretty good first try. I would suggest editing the audio a bit more, maybe doing multiple takes to get rid of the points where you stammer or get slightly off topic. Your OotS-Style work is pretty good so far, but could use some improvement. I would definitely suggest changing the open mouth, or however you want to word it. It seems too small and high up, and the Giant began filling the inside quite a while ago. Just use a recent comic as reference. It also would have been nice if you reviewed a book that you had fully read; this felt more like a summary of the first chapter with a brief opinion at the end. There is nothing wrong with that style, but it would probably work better if you used the entire book, and maybe talked a bit more about the qualities of the writing instead of focusing mainly on the content. But good job so far, please post somewhere when you make another one, I will never remember otherwise. :smallredface: Also, this may qualify for the Arts/Crafts board, I'm not sure.

Raenir Salazar
2009-07-05, 09:37 PM
well I know about the open mouth thing but went for something a little more absract and ambigious as it could mean a couple different things, maybe hes breathing with his mouth open? I personally myself don't know I was aiming for some variety.

Now the thing is I'm not sure, I mean I appreciate the positive feedback I am getting but this was ALOT of work to do and doing a series of these I feel would be infringing on what he (Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation) does for a living doing it once or twice has parody value doing it every week feels a bit weird what I DO intend is to write a oots styled comic thats also a blog where I intend to review things, but maybe Ill throw in podcasts as well.

Nevrmore
2009-07-05, 09:44 PM
Get better recording equipment.

Please.

Raenir Salazar
2009-07-06, 12:28 AM
that my computer fan.