PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying help

Gaiyamato
2009-07-06, 01:57 AM
Ok. It seems that I may have finally bitten off more than I can possibly chew with my latest character.
I would be grateful if anyone who has rped aspects of this character or something similar could give me some rp tips.

He is an Amphibious-Killorean Barbarian 1/Paladin of Elishar 1. NG alignment and 14 STR, 10 DEX, 15 CON, 10 INT, 14 WIS, 13 CHA.
I am looking at going into the Prestige class for Elishar and then into the Purifier PRC in Heroes of Horror.
Next 3 levels will be Paladin.

Description:
Ealiannal is a massive green knight. His armor is a dark deep forest green and covers all parts of his body. His shield is the next closest thing to a tower shield and is coloured the same dark green as his armor. Both his Tabbard and Shield bare a white five pointed star with a smaller light green five pointed star set inside it.
He wears a huge flowing light forest green cloak and atop his large helmet is a massive pair of stag antlers.

Ealiannal walks with pride and confidence and shows no fear or hesitation.

The description I have is just what I slapped together for the time being.

derfenrirwolv
2009-07-06, 03:44 AM
Why a barbarian paladin? Doesn't that negate most of the good abilities? (rage is gone since you're lawful, increased movement is gone if you wear heavy armor)

Google fails. Whats a Amphibious-Killorean ?

Fishy
2009-07-06, 05:06 AM
Killoren are the plant-like fey thingies from Races of the Wild. They either sprung up or were created to destroy 'unnatural' things. They are armed with a lot of knowledge and power necessary to do so- but the Aspects are also sort-of-kind-of 'outside' of themselves. They themselves don't always know why they do the things they do- sort of like Fey cylons.

Add it together with Purifier and Barbarian, and you have someone who is obsessed with rooting out 'abominations' of various kinds, but probably doesn't spend a lot of time thinking about why. Maybe there's an actual mental block that keeps you from self-examining too hard.

Gaiyamato
2009-07-06, 05:08 AM
Using the alignment Paladin variants as well as the Basic variant from UA.
Also taken the Holy Warrior class option from Complete Champion.

Using Whirling Frenzy variant from UA for Barbarian and Lion totem from Completel champion.

Killorean are from Races of the Wild.
The Amphibious Template is from Stormwrack. :)

I just wanted to make a kind of "green knight" character. An avenging spirit of the woods, clad in heavy armor and weilding an assortment of weaponry.

Killoren are the plant-like fey thingies from Races of the Wild. They either sprung up or were created to destroy 'unnatural' things. They are armed with a lot of knowledge and power necessary to do so- but the Aspects are also sort-of-kind-of 'outside' of themselves. They themselves don't always know why they do the things they do- sort of like Fey cylons.

Add it together with Purifier and Barbarian, and you have someone who is obsessed with rooting out 'abominations' of various kinds, but probably doesn't spend a lot of time thinking about why. Maybe there's an actual mental block that keeps you from self-examining too hard.

Hmm. So I'm kind of just along for the ride sort of thing.
I took the UA Basic Paladin Variant and Took Favoured Enemy (Undead) to go along with a theme like that. It was along the lines of what I was thinking.

Just not 100% about Killorean given the vague history and almost non-existent creation myths etc.

I was thinking maybe some sort of obsessive positive energy force of nature that hunts and decimates abominations, evil outsiders and undead.
Manifests the Destroyer aspect evry day.. so not overly a nice to be around, but a very ncie guy to have on side. lol.