PDA

View Full Version : looking for a specific G.I. joe episode.

Mystic Muse
2009-07-06, 10:18 PM
I don't know which series it's from. I'm hoping somebody's seen it and can tell me which one it is through these details.

the main character (don't remember the name. may actually have been Joe) was put in cryostasis for 50 years and is currently capable of punching through steel.
he fought these weird robot things that were immune to his preferred weapon which is the chaingun. he has to fight him again but can punch right through them now.
his arch-enemy is a badguy called "kreeger" or something. may be wrong since it was a long time ago but I think he looked a bit like colonel sanders. (yes the KFC guy)
there was some plan to do something with a rocket that fails at the end and "kreeger" flies away in a jet.

any chance anybody can help me?

chiasaur11
2009-07-06, 10:50 PM
Doesn't sound like a main series episode.

Maybe it was a different 80s series?

Mystic Muse
2009-07-06, 11:38 PM
it's a possibility. I had it on video as a kid and it was the only episode. maybe a few more details will help.

main character recruits a few guys by clobbering them in basketball and then blowing up the basketball by squeezing it with his bare hands.
there's a plane in it that the main character flies with a shark head painting on the front that he finds in a junkyard.
he punishes one of the new recruits, who's bald, by making him peel potatoes.
takes new recruits through a junkyard and treats it like an obstacle course.

does that help anybody?

Thane of Fife
2009-07-07, 03:57 PM
Sergeant Savage and his Screaming Eagles. Enemy is the amusingly-named Blitz Krieger (he's German).

Video Cassette that came with the Action Figure.

You can find it on Youtube.

Mystic Muse
2009-07-08, 02:38 PM
Sergeant Savage and his Screaming Eagles. Enemy is the amusingly-named Blitz Krieger (he's German).

Video Cassette that came with the Action Figure.

You can find it on Youtube.

thank you. you get an intraweb and a cookie.

are there any other episodes with sergeant savage and his screaming eagles?

also I don't really get the blitz krieger pun. mind explaining it?

Thane of Fife
2009-07-08, 03:36 PM
I do not know if there is anything else with Savage., although I want to say that there was another video which I never saw.

As for the pun, in WW2, the German strategy was called Blitzkrieg (meaning lightning war, I believe). The villain's name, Blitz Krieger, plays off of that.

Mystic Muse
2009-07-08, 05:40 PM
I do not know if there is anything else with Savage., although I want to say that there was another video which I never saw.

As for the pun, in WW2, the German strategy was called Blitzkrieg (meaning lightning war, I believe). The villain's name, Blitz Krieger, plays off of that.

ah okay thanks.

and I'm assuming there's another one because the ending is pretty much open.

Ascension
2009-07-08, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a "We'll keep making them if this succeeds" sort of venture that lacked the success element. In other words, I think they stopped after the first video.

When I was a kid, though, I thought it was freakin' awesome.

skywalker
2009-07-09, 05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a "We'll keep making them if this succeeds" sort of venture that lacked the success element. In other words, I think they stopped after the first video.

When I was a kid, though, I thought it was freakin' awesome.

I thought so too.

They definitely didn't make another one.

I loved that stuff man... I had all the toys and everything, except for the bad guys. Which is kinda a weird combo, but it happens.

Anyway, definitely not another episode.

chiasaur11
2009-07-09, 06:10 PM
They also had two pack in mini comics.

Mostly standard stuff. No real plot, short, no characterization. Only one thing distinguished them.

Art by Joe Kubert.