PDA

View Full Version : Archangel

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 12:43 PM
http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/102cc44f258dfc89362de3152a8363f6771/archangel+tyrael

Archangel
Size/Type: Large Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
Hit Dice: 70d8+1960 (2275 hp)
Initiative: +14 dex (never surprised or flat-footed)
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), fly 1 mile/1500 miles (perfect)
Armor Class: 123 (-1 size, +14 Dex, +49 natural/deflection, +28 wisdom, +14 armor, +7 shield, +2 insight), touch 102
Base Attack/Grapple: +70/+105
Attack: Sword of Judgement +111 melee touch (2d6+41 plus disintegration, ignores magical protections and damage reduction, 19-20/2x)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, spells, see below
Special Qualities: damage reduction 21/evil artifact, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, immunity to all energy types, death effects, negative energy, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, and form-altering attacks, protective aura, regeneration 21, spell resistance 77, auto-reflect targeted spells ranged touch attacks and ranged attacks, evasion, freedom of movement, see below
Saves: Fort +68, Ref +54, Will +68 (rerolls 1s)
Abilities: Str 73, Dex 39, Con 66, Int 54, Wis 66, Cha 58
Skills: 23 skills maxed at 73 ranks (practically all of them)
Feats: Improved Initiative, Combat Expertise, Improved Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility, Elusive Target, Bonus Words of Creation, Improved Counterspell, Silent Spell, Still Spell, Heighten Spell, Reactive Counterspell, Quicken Spell
Epic Feats: Epic Spellcasting, Improved Heighten Spell, Epic Counterspell, ISC 5x, bonus ISC 7x, Innate Magic: Quickened Miracle, Multispell 2, Bonus Permanent Emanation: Blinding Glory
Environment: Any good-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary or Host [7 archangels and 343 (7x7x7) solars]
Challenge Rating: 49
Alignment: Always awesome good (any)
Items: Celestial Might; no items, double XP if slain

An Archangel's natural weapons, as well as any weapons he or she wields, are treated as good-aligned artifacts for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
An Archangel's supernatural and spell-like abilities are considered Epic for all purposes. DCs are wisdom-based for supernatural abilities and spells, charisma-based for spell-like abilities. Caster level equal to HD for supernatural and spell-like, equal to CR-2 for spells.

Angelic Host (Su)
An archangel can infuse mortal, nonepic creatures with his or her might, empowering them to act as agents of good in places the Archangel herself may not venture. By spending seven rounds concentrating and speaking the name (or otherwise unambiguously designating) the host, the host's strength, dexterity and charisma scores are replaced by the Archangel's scores unless they are higher; this increase applies to final scores, not base scores. All derived stats increase accordingly. In addition, the mortal benefits from the Archangel's protective aura and may employ the abilities under the Archangel's "Light of Creation" ability as spell-like abilities at a caster level equal to his HD.
An Archangel can empower up to seven mortals in this way and can withhold the invested power at any time as a free action.

Aura of Warding (Su)
Like lesser angels, an Archangel radiates a powerful aura. This aura counts as a double-strength circle vs evil and a greater globe of invulnerability, defending against up to 5th level spells. It extends up to 70 feet from the Archangel and it never benefits evil creatures.

Regeneration (Ex)
An Archangel takes normal damage from evil-aligned artifacts and the natural attacks of evil deities, and from epic spells with the evil descriptor.

Spells (Sp)
An Archangel casts as a 47th level spellcaster with the ISC feat as bonus feat seven times. Archangels usually cast as favored souls but other classes are not unheard of.

Sevenfold Gaze (Su)
Legends say that archangels have seven eyes-or seven pairs or eyes-usually one per wing and an additional one at the head. And while legends are not always right, they almost always contain a kernel or truth; archangels do have visual capabilities far exceeding that of most mortals;
Piercing Gaze: An archangel's vision sees through material objects as per X-ray vision and shatters all illusions as per the purge illusions spell. The range of both vision types is 77 squares (385 feet)
Glimpse into the Future: An archangel benefits from Foresight at all times.
Gaze into the Past: Archangels can see and hear into the past as per a rapid Hindsight spell; to use this ability an Archangel must concentrate for 1 minute.
Farseer: An Archangel can observe creatures from afar as per the Metafaculty power; very few creatures can escape his gaze.
See the Supernatural: Archangel's can see and automatically understand the nature and purpose of all spells and magical effects within 240 feet, as per a widened greater arcane sight.
Gaze to the Soul: Archangels can see the alignment of nearby creatures, whether said creatures are lying as well as what they are thinking as per Sacred Sight, Mass Discern Lies and Mass Detect Thoughts. Creatures are entitled to will saves to resist having their thoughts read or their lies detected.
Glimpse True Knowledge: Archangels can benefit from Contact other Plane, only they receive the answer to their question in a vision. The vision never lies; if you roll for a lie in the CoP table, treat it as a don't know result.

Light of Heaven (Sp)
Archangels radiate the power and glory of the Heavens and may employ that power to perform several effects:
They are continiously surrounded by a Blinding Glory effect with a radius of 7000 feet. Due to their Permanent Emanation feat, they can shut down or reactivate this effect as a free action.
They can create barriers of solid light to block or entrap creatures. These function as the Wall of Force and Forcecage spells only they have the light descriptor instead of the force descriptor.
They can attack their enemies with blasts of radiance or constructs of light as per the Radiant Assault, Sunburst and Crushing Hand spells-all effects have the light descriptors instead of their normal descriptors.

Wings of Celestia (Ex)
Archangels are often depicted as having three pairs of wings, one concealing their feet, one concealing their head and one with which they fly. While archangels don't necessarily have six wings-and some don't have wings at all-they do have abilities that inspired those drawings;
An archangel using one pair of "wings" for flying flies at a speed of 1 mile per round, as per cloud charriot and can shift to the Ethereal as per Greater Blink.
An archangel may use his/her other four "wings" to cover their body and protect it from attack as per the wings of cover spell.
An archangel may use all six "wings" as a standard action to transport itself 1500 miles, similarly to a teleport spell. Unlike a teleport spell, the Archangel is still crossing the intervening distance at the speed of thought and while she can bypass physical barriers by going Ethereal, certain wards can still bar her passage.

Words of Creation (Su)
Archangels can speak the Words of Creation, as the feat. In addition, they can use those Words to create the following supernatural effects. They don't need to make truespeak checks;
Breath of Recovery, Greater Word of Nurturing, Ward of Peace, Thwart the Traveler, Anger of the Sleeping Earth, Conjunctive Gate, Deny Passage

Celestial Might (Su)
While Archangels don't have treasure as mortal creatures do, their power does manifest as abilities that mimick magic items or spells; such powers are an extension of themselves, rather than actual items and can't be stolen, sundered or otherwise removed-and they vanish should the Archangel be slain. DMs should give PCs double XP for defeating an Archangel instead of the normal treasure for that encounter.
While Archangels can and do have varying manifestations of their celestial powers and may alter those manifestations by meditating for seven days, the most typical set is detailed below:

Sword of Judgement: Archangels typically wield a +10 speed longsword of ruin. The sword also functions similarly to a Black Blade of Disaster (including the "ignore protections" part), only it does light damage instead of disintegration damage. It appears as a seven-foot bolt of blinding light or holy fire they wield with their right hand.
Shield of the Archons: Archangels typically wield a +3 tower shield of exceptional, infinite arrow deflection and great reflection. The shield usually appears as a halo of blinding light brighter than the sun instead of a physical object.
Armor of the Heavens: Archangels are sheathed in a cloak of heavenly fire that functions like armor-and sometimes even appears as one; it functions as a +5 soulfire, transmutation proof, empyreal, heavenly impervious vestment, a monk's belt and a starmantle cloak with the added benefit of a continuously active sheltered vitality effect.
Power of the Illuminated Heaven: Archangels have a +5 inherent bonus to all ability scores plus a further +14 enhancement bonus to all ability scores. These bonuses are included in the stats above.
Blessing of the Illuminated Heaven: Archangels are immune to all types of energy damage (as per a ring of universal energy immunity), have evasion and freedom of movement (as per the rings of those names), their natural armor counts as deflection (as per scinctillating scales) and benefit from a +14 resistance bonus to all saving throws. They automatically reroll all 1s as if benefiting from a luckblade at all times.

AstralFire
2009-07-07, 01:16 PM
very, very cool. *thumbs up*

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 02:00 PM
It turns out the attack bonus was wrong. Base should have been +70, not +49.

I'll do feats and skills in a couple of hours. Searching for possible playtesters.

GryffonDurime
2009-07-07, 02:07 PM
It turns out the attack bonus was wrong. Base should have been +70, not +49.

I'll do feats and skills in a couple of hours. Searching for possible playtesters.

People to fight against THAT thing?

Do Epic Levels even go that high?

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 02:14 PM
Since we have creatures up to CR 57 in the ELH (which are seriously over-CRed by the way), WotC assumed that some crazy guys would end up playing at those levels.

As for me, I've both played and playtested stuff up cr 70.

The Mentalist
2009-07-07, 02:19 PM
There are weaker gods.

I purpose that we send a Host of these into Hell and call it a day.

Hannes
2009-07-07, 02:29 PM
There are weaker gods.

I purpose that we send a Host of these into Hell and call it a day.

Only... There should be one...

Adumbration
2009-07-07, 02:30 PM
Do I see a few familiar Truenaming abilities in there? :smallwink:

Nice job, anyway.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 03:19 PM
Yeah, there is only one Host for every world, not many. As for its power level, it is comparable to advanced Dragons and Elder Titans of similar CR. The dragons are just a bit lower, the Elder Titans of similar CR a bit higher.

Also, I'm thinking of entering the latest competition for Epic creatures with this. What do you think?

arguskos
2009-07-07, 03:23 PM
1. FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Lovin' it. Also, I really dig that picture of Tyrael.

2. Enter it into said contest, I bet it'll go far. :smallamused:

3. Out of curiosity, are you doing a "Prime Evil" or some other evil beastie to match the Archangel here?

4. Also out of curiosity, what do your characters in an ECL 70 game look like? Do you have a sheet you could show us? I'm curious what a game of that level plays like.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 03:31 PM
To enter into the contest I must write a poem or epic about the creature. I suck at poetry and I'm not sure copy-pasting already existing hymns counts.

As for a Prime Evil, I'm making Nyx the Primordial. She's not from the Diablo universe-she's one of the four Primordial powers in the Olympian mythology. She's the sister of Earth, Uranus and Erebus, mother of Aether (air), Hemera (day), Momus (blame), Ponos (toil), Moros (fate), Thanatos (death), Hypnos (sleep), Charon (the ferryman of Hades), the Oneiroi (dreams), the Hesperides, the Keres and Fates, Nemesis (retribution), Apate (deception), Philotes (friendship), Geras (age), and Eris (strife).

So yeah, the's pretty damn terrifying and I'm trying to make her look it.

arguskos
2009-07-07, 03:35 PM
To enter into the contest I must write a poem or epic about the creature. I suck at poetry and I'm not sure copy-pasting already existing hymns counts.

As for a Prime Evil, I'm making Nyx the Primordial. She's not from the Diablo universe-she's one of the four Primordial powers in the Olympian mythology. She's the sister of Earth, Uranus and Erebus, mother of Aether (air), Hemera (day), Momus (blame), Ponos (toil), Moros (fate), Thanatos (death), Hypnos (sleep), Charon (the ferryman of Hades), the Oneiroi (dreams), the Hesperides, the Keres and Fates, Nemesis (retribution), Apate (deception), Philotes (friendship), Geras (age), and Eris (strife).

So yeah, the's pretty damn terrifying and I'm trying to make her look it.
Ah, Nyx. I know of her, thought not amazingly well. Post that when you finish it (if you feel so inclined), since your epic work is always a wonder and a joy to behold.

The Rose Dragon
2009-07-07, 03:36 PM
Weird, the picture is from a Turkish website.

What's with people getting pictures hosted on Turkish websites lately?

quick_comment
2009-07-07, 03:37 PM
I would give this Divine Rank 0 or even 1. Abominations all get to be demigods, I think an archangel should be too.

Of course, level 40 spellcasting is like being a god anyway.

AstralFire
2009-07-07, 03:39 PM
Weird, the picture is from a Turkish website.

What's with people getting pictures hosted on Turkish websites lately?

The reasons involved are highly byzantine. *hides*

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 03:42 PM
While technically not a deity (a requirement for the contest) he has most the immunities of a demigod already. Only thing missing is immunity to dispel magic.

The reasons involved are highly byzantine.
Just good diplomacy. I'm Greek.

AstralFire
2009-07-07, 03:45 PM
It was a pun. *flees*

arguskos
2009-07-07, 03:48 PM
It was a pun. *flees*
I was thinking it was a pun, but wasn't sure, so I didn't post going "did you intend that horrible, horrible pun?" :smallannoyed:

Shoulda posted. *sigh*

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 03:52 PM
*facepalm*

I keep forgetting stuff. Now added the protective aura-is was missing

DracoDei
2009-07-07, 04:02 PM
Since the sword is a manufactured weapon (I assume), it should get 4 attacks per round as a full-attack(as per a Epic Level fighter) not 1. Unless you are having their sword count as a natural weapon and thus limiting it in that one respect.

Double check the wording of the aura of Core angels, I think you have the Greater Globe of Invulnerability effect filtering out beneficial spells as well as harmful ones when their lesser counterparts don't have that problem.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 04:11 PM
It is neither a manufactured weapon nor a natural attack; it is a supernatural ability that attacks as a weapon. It should get additional attacks though-just one of the things I haven't fixed.

EDIT:
Did feats and corrected alignment. Spell slots still on the to-do list.

Frosty
2009-07-07, 06:43 PM
I'm sure Tippy can kill it with a level 20 Wizard/Incantatrix somehow. :smallwink:

Barbarian MD
2009-07-07, 06:45 PM
So... you're looking for playtesters?

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 06:51 PM
Yes, looking for testers.

The creature build is basically a Solar, advanced by the only epic progression that is any good (dragon) for stats. Instead of SLAs it has some special abilities plus appropriate items for its level.

What I am not sure of is how much impact to its CR would the special abilities have.

Barbarian MD
2009-07-07, 06:54 PM
Well, give me some numbers, and I'll try to cook up a character. I'm assuming you'll want to recruit a party, rather than one vs. one.

Barbarian MD
2009-07-07, 06:58 PM
Actually, I've an idea. I'll try to forget all the stats I've just seen. You might want to start a recruiting thread and not show off your new creation. That way, the PCs won't metagame knowledge of how to beat the thing (although, I'll admit that--without metagame knowledge--it's probably indestructible, since it'd take about 2 dozen rounds to figure out what it's vulnerable to...)

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-07, 07:08 PM
Yeah, party needed. Best test for a creature is the BBEG test-party of 5 that is 4 levels lower. If the creature dies easily, it is over CRed. If it dies very hard, taking all of the party's resources to do it plus good tactics, it is fine. If it curbstomps them, it is either too strong or they didn't use good tactics.

So characters should be 45th level, standard race , appropriate treasure, 32 point buy, reasonable optimisation (strong choices are OK. using stuff to take abilities you are not supposed to have is not)

House rules:
1) No epic spells on either side.
2) Nothing stacks with itself.
3) No antimagic.
4) You can't use dragon magazine or campaign-specific classes and spells.
5) No intelligent items.

Barbarian MD
2009-07-07, 07:19 PM
Multiclass penalties or alignment restrictions (aka a chaotic paladin or lawful barbarian?)

I'm trying to make up my mind about going the caster route (those saves are insane) or monk/fighter or monk/barbarian.

EDIT: Okay, I was looking at how to build a caster to affect your monster, but those saves are out of reach, as far as I can tell. ISC up to level 20 spells, plus 10. Even if I could build a +30 charisma, that's still under your monster's +60 to saves...

So now the question becomes, how to reach +120 on attacks...

EDIT EDIT: I know you're a fan of taking level dips for things like a double charisma bonus to AC. I'm guessing that's disallowed for this test?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Any house rules regarding monks?

mikeejimbo
2009-07-07, 08:18 PM

Double points for epic poems? I hope you can get an epic written then, since this really should be submitted. I don't often read homebrew monsters (mostly because I don't trust myself to know much about balance) but I love the flavor of powerful divine warrior-angels, and you did a great job with it.

Ouranos
2009-07-07, 09:55 PM
Hate to say it, but I have a character I built a long time ago (as a way to ruin my pc's lives should they be foolish enough to attack random npcs, they were all drow characters :D ) that could take him IF he can get him in melee. it isn't SRD of course, but there's a really good rulset for Highlander Immortals out there, using these I made a lvl 39 character, 20 ranger 19 fighter. he was a 1500 year old Highlander, and one of their special Immortla Powers let them use their Quickening to beef up their stats, and spend more Points to maintain it. Thing is, he had enough points that for 1 round, he could increase his strength by over 300 points. He has perfect two wepaon fighting. Even with this guy having high DR, 8 attacks at MINIMUM damage of 150 each (with +150 to hit, as well) would cut this guy's health in half in one round. Now, a small party of Immortals of similar power could bring this guy down in a single round.

Oh, and that was just MY character that a made. Had my (then)girlfriend co-DMing and made up a character for her that was 22 paladin/20 fighter, my ranger's mentor. Again, requires getting in melee range, but if they could, this guy might go under.

(Disclaimer: Requires intense useage of now-Wizards supplement. Exposure to Highlanders should be limited, possible side affects include god-moding, arrogance, stupidity, and head loss. Consult your Game Master before taking Highlanders).

GryffonDurime
2009-07-07, 10:07 PM
I'm almost feeling masochistic enough to consider throwing my hat in the ring against this monstrosity, even more foolishly as some sort of arcanist.

Not sure I've got the chops, though.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-08, 02:18 AM
@mhvaughan;
That's the point of the crapload of defenses; unless a caster is seriously dedicated to being, well, a caster, they should not be able to affect him. As for the save DCs, it is possible to affect him... eventually. See, there's this little feat that gives you +1 to a spell's DC for each subsequent casting. Adding a limited wish for a -7 to enemy saves and a spell enhancer for +2 to spell DC, it could work-unless he counterspells, that is.
Level dips are OK, if you don't go overboard with them. Having a stat twice to your AC is OK. Having a stat seven times to your AC is not.
Monks don't need house rules to be strong, if you play them right.

@Ouranos;
Trust me. A meleer alone cannot touch an Archangel, let alone kill-just like a caster alone can't. You need cooperation.

Debihuman
2009-07-08, 03:41 AM
Glimpse True Knowledge: Archangels can benefit from contact other plane; only they receive the answer to their question in a vision. The vision never lies; if you roll for a lie in the contact other plane table, treat it as a “don't know” result.

What about getting a Random Answer? "The entity tries to lie but doesn’t know the answer, so it makes one up." Would an archangel really do this? Doesn't seem right. Perhaps this should also be treated as a "don't know" result.

Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), fly 1 mile/1500 miles (perfect)

I wasn't sure why you have 1 mile/1500 miles in there as it wasn't explained.

Debby

DracoDei
2009-07-08, 07:31 AM
Depends on if they are using 2 "wings" or all 6 I think.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-08, 07:35 AM
Yep, explained in the "Wings of Celestia" ability. But you're right on the "Glimpse True Knowledge" ability-I'll fix it.

Barbarian MD
2009-07-08, 11:17 AM
I've been playing with numbers all morning, and I can't seem to build a melee character that can touch that AC...

Granted, I don't have ToB, but I've tried variations of stacking templates for strength bonuses and playing off the pros and cons of different builds.

The best I've come up with so far is:
+22 Strength bonus (Feral Werebear Half-Celestial Warshaper 2)
+26 BAB (Monk2/Warshaper 2/Fighter27)
+10 weapon.

That's 58.

True strike for another 20, giving 78.

Add a magic item giving a strength bonus of 12 (+6), that's 84.

Fighter feats: focus, greater focus, melee weapon mastery +4. That's 88.

And yet it still doesn't touch 120 AC...

I imagine there're more magic items I could add, but I need another +20 to attack rolls, without compromising his damage too badly.

And that's just attack rolls, at the cost of optimizing AC, which means he'll die fairly quickly against your angel's attack rolls of +70...

You have created a beast of a monster!

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-08, 11:32 AM
+34 BAB (full)
+4 feats (focus, greater focus, epic focus)
+18 strength (46 str for unbuffed human fighter with items is easily doable)
+10 weapon enhancement (at least)
+20 buffs (bard)
+10 giant size or similar

That's easily a +96 vs a touch AC of 101.

Adumbration
2009-07-08, 11:43 AM
There's also Tenser's Transformation for epic abuse. BaB=character level.

Personally? I'd hit it with an Epic Binder.

tonberrian
2009-07-08, 11:51 AM
Minor nitpick: As far as I can tell, you can't reflect ranged attacks; the Great Reflection enchantment only reflects spells.

That said, it looks over CR'd. My basic outline of a party so far is Bloodstorm Blade/Master Thrower, Inspire Courage optimized Bard, and counterspelling Sorcerer. The sorcerer can get enough spell slots and epic bonus feats to completely shut down the Archangel's spellcasting and the Bloodstorm Blade can eviscerate the thing with ~100 touch attacks a round (twice that with Time Stands Still) all with a reasonable chance to hit (thanks to the bard) - and since the attacks are treated as melee, they aren't deflected. He'd need to do, on average, around 50 damage with each attack (assuming no Time Stands Still) - and the bard alone gets me halfway there.

Estimated life expectancy - one round.

Barbarian MD
2009-07-08, 01:21 PM
Here's a thought: I wasn't thinking about the feat "Epic Prowess".

That'll give a fighter +20 to hit, and the were-bear build +9 to hit.

And I hadn't thought of a Bard's +20, either.

EDIT: Alrighty, here's my fledging attempt to build a meleer to fight the thing. I totally understand if you take a different build from someone who knows how to optimize better than I do--I just liked having an excuse to build a level 45 monstrosity.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=138150

Ouranos
2009-07-08, 03:06 PM
Wow. Forgot my epic book was 3.0. I might need to update my ranger >.<

Here's what I have so far for him, feats list isn't complete, this is basic stats block from my old (read: likely obsolete) excel sheet for him. just lemme know how bad it is.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=138165

Also remember, he can give himself an instant boost of over 300 to strength for 1 round.

Great enemy you made dude, again my guys here can only have a chance IF they could force the guy to stand and melee with them.

Barbarian MD
2009-07-08, 04:00 PM
Ouranos, what's the mechanical basis for the boost? I'd be curious to see how it works. Is it a feat? Or do you have class levels that aren't listed in "Highlander"?

Ouranos
2009-07-08, 04:06 PM
It's a racial template. it grants certain powers based on the age of the Immortal and afew other things. You get a pool of Quickening points, and spend points to use powers.

Empower Abilities
Quickening Save DC: 20
Base Cost: 10 points per increase
Upkeep Cost: 5 points per increase

This allows the Immortal to increases any ability by empowering himself with Quickening. For every 10 Quickening Points used; the Immortal can raise any ability score 1 point for 1 combat round.

Taken from the file I have. He has roughly 3000 quickening points (would take me A LONG TIME to remember how i got that number). Which reminds me of how off my memory is, he'd up it around 300 points for 1 round. or 30 for alot of rounds, etc.

Cieyrin
2009-07-09, 11:26 AM
Linking the source for the Highlander template would probably help us all out much in seeing where your numbers are coming from.

@mhvaughan: I'd have thought you'd go for the bracers of relentless might (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#bracersofRelentlessMight), which would open up your belt and amulet slots by using the wrist slot, which honestly doesn't have much in the way of usefulness otherwise for meleers (though me without my MIC could obviously be wrong on this point). Plus, further size enhancements via the bracers can't hurt you any. Gotta conserve them item slots to load up on more magical loot, am I right?

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

P.S. I'd totally write up something for this, as the thought of making a 45th level character is titillating but i don't have access to my library of books for the next couple weeks, so that kinda screws me a bit on making something fight worthy with just access to the d20 SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm) and Realms Helps (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/). -_-

Zeta Kai
2009-07-09, 11:57 AM
Since we have creatures up to CR 57 in the ELH (which are seriously over-CRed by the way), WotC assumed that some crazy guys would end up playing at those levels.

As for me, I've both played and playtested stuff up cr 70.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who likes to do that. :smallbiggrin: For those who don't play that high, here's an oversimplified analysis:

D&D @ Level 60

Fun & Playable? Yes, mostly. :smallcool:
Realistic & Balanced? Oh, god. NO. :smalleek:

Ouranos
2009-07-09, 11:57 AM
I don't have any file-hosting sites I use, nor do I have attachment rights, but I do have copies of both the pdf and word file. PM me an e-mail addy and I'll send em that way. it took me seriously like 2 months to go through and build this character completely (right down to a rather extensive history I lost unfortunately, that covered in Earth time between the years of 467 a.d. and current for use in a online RP). I need to sit down one of these days and start from scratch and do him over again.