PDA

View Full Version : NO IV: Not too good to be bad.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 10:41 PM
NO
NEUTRALIST ORGANIZATION

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/NOlogos-1.png

We have the good guys. And the bad guys. Plenty of both. So we need a place in between. A place for people who wish to be neutral in all meanings of this word. Therefore, we need the Neutralist Organization, founded by Nameless and reformed with the combined effort of all members. It enlists mercenaries, judges and other people interested in maintaining balance this way or another.

The rules:
Neutralist Organization is an ACRONYM serving the purpose of balance between rivaling alignments, forces and agendas. Its members are mercenaries, arbiters, unbiased observers and people who simply want to sit around and drink beer.
1: Obey the rules of Free Form Roleplaying section.
2: Your alignment needs to be Neutral on a Good/Evil axis. This rule can be omitted if, despite your non-neutral alignment, you're dedicated to the cause of balance.
3: Upon joining, you'll be asked to decide what type of Neutral activity you're going to perform. Of course, you can perform more than one of them.
4: You're allowed to have your personal sympathies, biases and the like, but they shouldn't affect the work you do as a part of NO.
5. Certain silliness is allowed, to keep in touch with the spirit of NO at its beginning, but make sure it doesn't interfere with others' serious plots.
List of Mercenaries:
1. Dr. Beit(Lex-Kat)
2. Dipsnig(M0rt)
3. Skodos(Kaelaroth)
4. Oliver(Shades of Gray)
5. Lacrimos(Jjkaybomb)
6. Tsundere Ann Lytnen(Ganurath)
7. Blud the Reborn(Ganurath)
8. Rebecca(Billtodamax)
9. Vincent(Reinholdt)
10. Mr. Mud(Mr. Mud)
11. Garm(Kid Kris)
12. Naeryen(Kid Kris)
List of Arbiters:
1. Sir Daniel Feltcher (Celtois)
2. Ilja the Seer (Beans)
3. Cookiemonster (DD the Cookiemonster)
4. Tonk (Vampire Rot)
5. Vincent(Reinholdt)
"Special":
1. Connor Darkdart(Conbar) - Tech & Magic
2. Atomsized(Atomsized) - Tour Guide
2. Caroline(Lex-kat) - Unsure yet.
List of All Members:
Nameless (Founder & Leader) {Nameless}
Spiryt (Inactive)
Leigh (Inactive)
dallas-dakota {Cookiemonster}
M0rt {Dipsnig}
atomsized {Atomsized}
the_Q (Inactive)
Calamity (Inactive)
Kaelaroth {Phos and Skodos}
Trizap (Inactive)
alexeduardo (Inactive)
Shades of gray {Oliver}
Malfunctioned (Inactive)
Threeshades (Inactive)
Moff Chumley (Inactive)
happyturtle {Ian}
Dirk Kris (Inactive)
KidKris {Sirk, Garm, Naeryen}
Lex-kat {Dr. Al Beit & Caroline}
Tialait (Inactive)
celtois {Sir Daniel Feltcher}
Firefox {Sciano}
Jjkaybomb {Lacrimos}
Beans {Ilja the Seer}
The Gremlin {The Hen}
Person1123 {Pin-Pin}
Vampire Rot {Tonk}
Conbar {Connor Darkdart & Kitcat}
Ganurath {Tsundere Ann Lytnen & Blud the Reborn}
Billtodamax {Rebecca & Terrance}
Reinholdt {Vincent}
Mr. Mud {Mr. Mud}
((Note: by "Inactive" I mean people who joined, but hasn't posted in a long time. It is based purely on my own estimation.))

Previous threads:
NO (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88675)
NO II: II ON (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95149)
NO III: New. And Improved ("http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103718)
Defenses:
1. Dimensional lock, so that noone can just pop in, unless powered by Plot. Cast by Nameless.
2. All doors are reinforced with solid steel.
3. There's a network of tunnels dug by Dipsnig leading to GLoG, Taverna and the Glass Citadel.
4. There's a lot of clockwork penguins running around, some of them are armed. They can talk, and therefore greet visitors, but aren't very smart. They can be controlled by any NO member.
5. Tobias the druid cast a spell on NO HQ that can be activated by any member which makes either good-aligned or evil-aligned people feel sick and weak. It should be activated only in case of emergency.
6. Reinholdt gave NO a magical wand that produces fireballs as payment. It can be used by anone and has unlimited charges - though that's not sure, so it should be used in case of real need, such as an attack on the base.
Layout:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/NOHQ.png
Application form for would-be members:
Name:
Race:
Alignment:
Profession:
Reason for joining:
Type of neutral activity(choose at least one):
* Mercenary(Available to be hired by other ACRONYMs as well as unafilliated people)
* Arbiter (Solves disputes and keeps peace, order and balance in the Acronymia)
* Uncaring (Sits around and does silly stuff like in the old days)
* Something else (specify)
Any undeadtimed NO members can accept application forms and introduce new members.
Banners:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Photouser_/NObanner.png
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/NOBanner.png
http://i35.tinypic.com/21dj6nn.png
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g21663.png

Current contracts:

Neutralist Wiki (http://neutralist.wetpaint.com/?t=anon)

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-09, 02:04 AM
As they come back through Kitcat runs along and jumps into Connor's arms. He sees them covered in dust and with the Hoover.

Found it then? Good thing.

[[Guess I should decide how much XP you get?]]

Reinholdt
2009-07-09, 04:03 PM
((Nah. Not necessary to do that much detail. Any reward or lack there-of is fine.

We did get enough to get to level 3 though!))

Vincent goes and saves the game. He's a compulsive game saver.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 07:47 PM
Caroline smiles at Connor. So what's the next quest?

Then to Vincent, when he's done saving. I think we should get one of those lock picker people.

Reinholdt
2009-07-09, 07:48 PM
Vincent nods. "They're useful. If not for battle, then usually for getting items and finding shortcuts. And somewhere along the way, they usually show their worth in a cut scene. Rescuing the party from capture, that sort of thing."

CMOTDibbler
2009-07-09, 08:38 PM
A man in a black over coat walks in. He's carrying an umbrella. If anyone knows him, it's Menthos.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 08:41 PM
Where can we find one? Then looking at Umbrella man, And who's that?

Reinholdt
2009-07-09, 08:47 PM
Vincent shakes his head. "No idea. Sometimes you find them right at the start, sometimes more towards the middle."

He looks over. "No idea. Again. Sorry."

CMOTDibbler
2009-07-09, 08:47 PM
Evening, Ma'am, Sir. Never been here before. Thought I'd look. Oh, I'm Menthos.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 09:08 PM
caroline brightens. Are you a lock-picker Menthos?

CMOTDibbler
2009-07-09, 09:19 PM
Uh... yeah. Why?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 09:21 PM
We found one Vincent!! Caroline squeels and tries to hug Menthos.

Reinholdt
2009-07-09, 09:26 PM
Vincent raises an eyebrow.
"Wow... that was way too easy. This game is so odd sometimes."

Fancy upbeat music starts playing and Vincent spins in place before doing a dramatic pose. Other characters may do this as well. A blue box pops up.

Menthos has joined the party.

CMOTDibbler
2009-07-09, 09:30 PM
Menthos looks around, catches himself trying to spin, and gets hugged by Caroline. Oof... What just happened?

Reinholdt
2009-07-09, 09:36 PM
"You joined the party. I'm the main protagonist. Caroline is the primary female lead and most likely love interest. You're the rogue. Now if you'll excuse me. Caroline? Could you show Menthos the ropes a little? Maybe get him a level or two if he's behind us? Don't forget to figure out what weapons he uses and what spells and specials he has."

Vincent goes off to deadtime save the game.

CMOTDibbler
2009-07-09, 09:38 PM
Uh... Ok. He looks at Caroline, still kind of confused.
((I've got to go. I'll be on tomorrow. Deadtime.))

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-09, 10:15 PM
Garm and Naeryen... do what they usually do.

((Could you add them to the list of mercenaries, Lex?))

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 10:16 PM
Caroline looks to Vincent. L... love interest?

Turning back to Menthos. Was he... awww. You're saving your game too.

Caroline saves her game as well.

@^ Done. :smallsmile:

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-10, 12:52 AM
Connor coughs. As if you sort of denied him access to the group but said that maybe, just maybe, after you had defeated the bunny he might join you.

Connor Darkdart, Mage 1, Mechanical 2 wishes to join you

==> YES
NO

Atomsized
2009-07-10, 08:00 AM
Atomsized is sitting on the couch, where he is not participating in any game of any sort.

Morty
2009-07-10, 08:15 AM
Dipsnig is also sitting on the couch, looking depressed.

Nameless
2009-07-10, 08:18 AM
((undeadtimes))

What's wrong Dipsnig?

Morty
2009-07-10, 08:19 AM
Look at them. They're turning our organization into a circus. How long it's been since we've been given a contract?

Nameless
2009-07-10, 08:42 AM
Look at them. They're turning our organization into a circus. How long it's been since we've been given a contract?

Well, I think we're still supposed to be helping Dr. Beit. Nameless points at Beit's body on the sofa.

Morty
2009-07-10, 08:44 AM
Are we? I forgot, to be honest. And we still have that book to get back...

Nameless
2009-07-10, 08:53 AM
Are we? I forgot, to be honest. And we still have that book to get back...

To the Laboratory!

Morty
2009-07-10, 08:58 AM
I think a psion would have to deal with this kind of thing... we might also ask Connor to try and do something.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 12:27 PM
Connor Darkdart has joined the party
"Sheesh. We're exploding here. You guys know about the party limit of three right? Except for those cases when it's five or tactical based and everyone's invited. Whoo boy. This will get complicated quick. Don't suppose anyone has a new quest to work on yet, do they? If not, we should probably wander Outside a bit."

Vincent looks around and waves cheerfully at Dipsnig.

Morty
2009-07-10, 12:59 PM
Vincent gets a tired look. Dipsnig looks rather down, his ears hanging.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:01 PM
:smallfrown:
Vincent heads over and sits down nearby. "Hey. What's the matter? Still have that feeling of being watched or something?"

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:05 PM
That, too. But mostly, it's sad to see this organization turned into a circus.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:06 PM
"A circus?" :smallconfused:

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I mean, we're supposed to be mercenaries, but we're just fooling around. I bet out there, unafilliated mercenaries laugh at us.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:11 PM
"Hey now! I don't think you understand. We're not fooling around. We're training. In a matter of no time there's going to be a big job coming our way that sets us up on the main story. And it'll have a huge payoff once we succeed. But we gotta train for it and level up and practice on the low level quests. But I guarantee that in about 100 hours or less of game time, this organization will be known throughout the world for its huge accomplishments."

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:14 PM
Dipsnig looks at Vincent, too tired to lash out. Y'see Vincent, not all of us are... protagonists, was it? Some of us won't get stronger just by killing Dust Bunnies. And we can't even get that damn book from GLoG.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:15 PM
"Hmph. I do feel sorry for you though, being stuck as an NPC, even though an important one. What book? I'll go get it myself then. It'll be our next quest."

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:19 PM
Dipsnig's ears perk up - funny how many emotions a goblin can relay that way - when he's in his element again. He also needs to tread carefully now... It's a book of spells of some sort. A very dangerous one, it tempts its user to use it and do something horrible. A human witch hired us to get it from GLoG and we did, but then a member of theirs stole it back from us. I sent Rebecca there, but she screwed up and now they'll know we're after it.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:22 PM
"Hmm... well they don't know about me, right? I can go join up and snoop around to find it. We sure this witch isn't the main antagonist though? Doesn't really matter if she is. The main protagonist often gets duped like that early, so I can still do the job."

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:28 PM
Dipsnig filters Vincent's words to get rid of the insane stuff about antagonists and protagonists. Well... it might work. When Garm, Naeryen and I got the book the first time, we pretended to join as well. It worked, people there are rather dim-witted. Just be careful so that they don't track you down back here, as they did with us.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:31 PM
Vincent nods. "Hmm... alright. Maybe I should join another organization first to cover my trail? HALO perhaps?"

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:33 PM
Dipsnig thinks about it, honestly surprised. Elves weren't supposed to be sneaky. They were supposed to dive head-on into danger and survive because they're so spunky and good-looking.
That's not a bad idea. Just remember to mention it and in the time they'll waste on searching in HALO, we'd give the book to our client.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:34 PM
"Sounds like a plan. Now to just figure out who will be in my party..." He looks over at Caroline, Connor, and Menthos.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 01:35 PM
There's a knock at the front door. It's something pretty strong.

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:36 PM
B-P 9000 opens the door.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 01:39 PM
Oh. Look. Vorka's outside. What's left of him, dressed in black, black raiments covering cold, blueish flesh, that surrounds his red, raw eyes, and the dark hair that blows ever so mysteriously out behind him in the breeze. There is a large black travelling bag slung over his back, and in his hands he carries the Book, and a large crackling storm of energy.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn217/Holammer/test5.png
Where is the leader?

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:40 PM
Nameless is currently unavailable, Neutral Sir.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 01:42 PM
Fetch the next highest, then, swiftly, automaton. Vorka says, shivering. No. That's not quite right. He flickers, as if he's a faulty televisual signal, getting tossed and turned by a cruel atmosphere.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:43 PM
"So what does this book look like then? How will I recognize it?"

Vincent pauses. "I sense a cut scene coming. See how the graphics suddenly got better?" Dipsnig and Vincent are better detailed then ever before.

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:46 PM
It's rather hard to miss, so don't wo- then, however, B-P 9000 waddles over and says:
Mr. Razortooth, a visitor requests Nameless' second-in-command.
I'll go check. And Dipsnig goes to see Vorka.
Meanwhile, around Dipsnig and Vorka, shadows get thickier, darker, colder, heavier.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:47 PM
Vincent sees no reason not to, so follows politely behind the goblin. Plus he wants to watch the cut scene.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 01:48 PM
You. A woman wants my book. Who? Where? Vorka says, his voice a cruel hiss from his slightly pointed teeth, his red eyes crackling with menace.

Morty
2009-07-10, 01:49 PM
Dipsnig's first reaction is fear, but not for long. He's still Astir's Spouse and a de facto leader of this organization. We don't reveal our customers to anyone.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 01:53 PM
"Oh. Hey. Is that the book we're supposed to get then?" Vincent points at... the book.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-10, 02:00 PM
Connor sense that things are not as they should be. He sends a magical message to Dipsnig.

Say the word and there will be several distractions. Also to reply to this mess-

Uh Sorry syllable limit, anyway to reply just think "The clock is closed" That will tell me what I need to know.

He's not visible from the doorway, but those inside might notice him now suited in his mechano armour from earlier and weaving his hands and muttering in a arcane manner.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 02:41 PM
You shall not acquire my book. Vorka says, coldly, before flickering again.

Morty
2009-07-10, 02:44 PM
Dipsnig thinks: Got it. Wait for my signal... And he says:
So it's the book we're after? Seems our info is outdated.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 02:50 PM
Explain, goblinoid. Vorka hisses, crackling.

Morty
2009-07-10, 02:52 PM
Well, calling Dipsnig "goblinoid" or "goblin" is the best way to piss him off. He frowns and bares his fangs a little, but speaks calmly and rationally.
Well, I last saw that book in posession of a whiny, paranoid psychic belonging to GLoG. But then I got distracted and I wasn't tracking it as it apparently switched owners.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 02:56 PM
He thieved it. I am its true owner. Vorka growls.

Morty
2009-07-10, 02:59 PM
Well it's just grand, but what does it have to do with us?

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 04:02 PM
Who wants it? Whatever she paid you, I can pay you more. Vorka says, crafting golden coins out of the flaming air before him with dark ease.

Morty
2009-07-10, 04:07 PM
Dipsnig's eyes gleam.
I'd be all for it, but we have a reputation to maintain, you see...

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 04:08 PM
Who needs to know? Vorka hisses.

Morty
2009-07-10, 04:08 PM
Well, the person in question might spread the word about it... Dipsnig says, but his resistance is weakening.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 04:11 PM
"You can't seriously be considering backing out on a job can you?! What about the experience points for the quest?" :smalleek:

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 04:14 PM
Silence, child. Vorka says, before turning to focus on Dipsnig's next words, gold still flaming itself into existence all around them.

Morty
2009-07-10, 04:16 PM
Inside Dipsnig's mind, his greed and Astir's influence are fighting his set-in-stone professional standards.
Um, I suppose I'd have to consult the rest of the organization... I'm not the supreme executive here.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 04:18 PM
Vincent growls at Vorka a bit and clutches the hilt of his wooden sword tighter. "I won't stand by idly while I think someone is making a mistake. I think we should take the book here and now and finish the mission."

Vincent makes no moves however as Dipsnig is still his senior officer.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-10, 04:18 PM
Write the name on the grass outside when you agree, and all this gold shall be yours. Vorka says, ripping the illusory gold away, while he, also an illusion, in fact, fades away, flicker-blurring out for the last time.

Morty
2009-07-10, 04:22 PM
Dipsnig shivers.
I don't think taking the book from this bloke is going to be easy.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 04:23 PM
"Hmph. No kidding. Teleporting villains are always the worst. Fortunately they rarely teleport away when you get them properly cornered. Are you sure that guy was with GLoG?"

Morty
2009-07-10, 04:24 PM
No, this wasn't the guy who took the book from us. I don't think he's from GLoG...

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 04:28 PM
"So how do we find him then?"

Morty
2009-07-10, 04:30 PM
Beats me. If we refuse his offer, it's possible he'll come to us himself to beat us up. Now, that's an idea... perhaps we could agree, or disagree, whatever, and when he shows up again, we'll gang up on him and take the book.

Reinholdt
2009-07-10, 04:32 PM
"Now that sounds like a plan. Whoo boy. I better get to the weapons shop and upgrade my equipment. Get some leather armor. Maybe an iron sword if we have the money." To Erin's Emporium!

Morty
2009-07-10, 04:36 PM
And I'll put up a notice to tell everyone about the plan. And Dipsnig goes to put up said notice, saying that the plan is to gang up on [Vorka's description here], defeat him and take the book. Details and the exact date of the battle will come later, as Dipsnig's player is tired and the goblin deadtimes.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 07:04 PM
Caroline volunteers to join the fight against Vorka.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-11, 03:30 AM
Connor relaxes and releases the message spell, he dismisses the armour. He looks around and goes to get Kitcat. Its long overdue for some loving care. And its nearly...

OM NOM NOM NOM TIME!

He also signs up for the battle noting the fact that he will serve as home defense should they go out of base to assault Vorka.

Morty
2009-07-11, 09:05 AM
And now the details of the notice:

I discovered to whom the book we seek currently belongs. This person offers us payment for droppping the contract and revealing our customer. I plan on agreeing with him and attacking him when he comes to give us the money in order to take the book. However, due to occurences beyond the fourth wall, it won't happen in some time.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-11, 09:33 AM
Meanwhile, Sirk returneth! And there was much fanfare. Or not. =/

Morty
2009-07-11, 09:40 AM
Where've you been, Sirk? Dipsnig folds his arms across his chest.

Nameless
2009-07-11, 12:40 PM
Meanwhile, Sirk returneth! And there was much fanfare. Or not. =/

Ah! Sirk, do you know why Dr. Beit is unconscious?

Atomsized
2009-07-12, 06:02 PM
Atomsized is walking around the base, monitoring the halls for no reason.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-12, 08:57 PM
"I have been away doing personal business. I trust nothing horrible has happened in my absence?"
She turns to Nameless.
"I do not know why Dr. Beit is unconscious."

Morty
2009-07-13, 11:01 AM
Nothing ever happens here, so nothing horrible, either. Dipsnig grumbles. We got some new members, though.

Nameless
2009-07-13, 05:00 PM
I say we throw a dinner party for all the organisations.

Atomsized
2009-07-13, 06:20 PM
Hmmm, dinner party you say? That doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

Nameless
2009-07-13, 06:22 PM
Hmmm, dinner party you say? That doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

It will probably end in chaos... What with HALO, GLoG and AMEN all in the same room, but at least it'll give us something to do.

Atomsized
2009-07-13, 06:50 PM
Besides us, wasn't there a fifth organization around.....?

I remember they were evil aligned.

Nameless
2009-07-13, 08:15 PM
Besides us, wasn't there a fifth organization around.....?

I remember they were evil aligned.

You mean PEACE?

Atomsized
2009-07-13, 08:21 PM
I believe that was the name.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-13, 09:02 PM
An onion rolls into NO, then shifts into the form of Vidalia. I'm looking for a mercenary that has good tracking skills.

Morty
2009-07-14, 08:17 AM
I will relay the message, says the B-P 9000 and goes to tell someone about the job.
Meanwhile, Dipsnig shakes his head and rolls his eyes. Guys, AMEN is officially dead and HALO won't stick its nose out of their underground base. GLoG and PEACE remain as options, but the latter is dead as well, just not officially.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-14, 09:11 AM
An onion rolls into NO, then shifts into the form of Vidalia. I'm looking for a mercenary that has good tracking skills.

Have no slightly less than previously fear! For Garm & Naeryen, awesome mercenary duo of tracking and banditry are here! Of course, if Vidalia wants to track down who I think she wishes to track down, timezones may be a problem, as Neon Knight and I are only on together for an hour or so. And that's if I wake up early.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-14, 09:12 AM
What's this, a new thread?
The Cookiemonster leaves cake on the main-table.

Atomsized
2009-07-14, 11:43 AM
Atomsized jokingly smiles.

Well, if most of the organizations are either dead or insane, then I guess we should use our weaponry to TAKE OVER ACYRONYMVERSE!

......Peacefully. You know, to stay neutral.

Morty
2009-07-14, 11:50 AM
That might sound like a good idea, but consider that it would mean we'd have to run this nuthouse.
Dipsnig takes a piece of the cake.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-14, 12:35 PM
Vidalia, seeing Dipsnig moves over to him. Hello, my name is Vidalia. I think your little robot penguin delivered a job offer to you?

((She doesn't know yet that Garm and Naeryen have volunteered, since they didn't speak to her.))

Morty
2009-07-14, 12:47 PM
That's true. I take it you need someone tracked?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-14, 12:54 PM
Yes. I... I need the love of my life, Corentin, to be found. He left GLoG in search of... me. Vidalia looks down.

Morty
2009-07-14, 01:02 PM
Dipsnig shrugs.
I think Gram and Naeryen are qualified for this task.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-14, 01:04 PM
Who are they?

Morty
2009-07-14, 01:05 PM
They're a mercenary duo, a gremlin and a human. I think they're good at this sort of thing.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-14, 01:06 PM
Okay. Thank you. Vidalia then DEADTIMES, waiting for the duo to appear.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 06:48 AM
The duo undeadtime.

Morty
2009-07-15, 07:04 AM
And they're approached by Dipsnig.
Hey there. There's a job for you, although because of those pesky deadtime oozes you might have to wait.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 07:23 AM
"Hmm.. Yes. I thought I'd smelled grape jelly around here."

Naeryen remains silent, hanging in the background, partly because that's the type she is, at least when she isn't acting, and partly because Kid Kris forgot her voice color. Again. Deep Sky Blue, wasn't it?

Morty
2009-07-15, 07:26 AM
Grape jelly? Well, anyway, it's a woman who wants to find the "love of her life" who's gone astray or something. Dipsnig never undestrood the romantic rituals of humans.

((Yes, I think it was DeepSkyBlue.))

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 07:28 AM
Garm nods.
"Aye, grape jelly. The tell-tale smell of deadtime oozes. I'd always thought it was familiar, and I realized why yesterday."

Morty
2009-07-15, 07:34 AM
Hm. They never had any smell to me. Are you up for the task, then?

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 07:36 AM
"We are. We'll track the wayward manling down as if our lives depended on it."

"Of course, we'll have to ask the lady a few questions first."

Morty
2009-07-15, 07:37 AM
Good, good. Now that the book is somewhat inaccessible, it's our only serious contract.

Nameless
2009-07-15, 08:58 AM
I believe that was the name.

Let us begin Operations: Feast!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-15, 09:32 PM
Vidalia walks up to Garm and Naeryen. What questions would you like to ask?

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 09:34 PM
"What does the man look like, for starters?"

Lex-Kat
2009-07-15, 10:32 PM
He's around 6 foot. He has a lean, sexy, tanned body, with lovely dark black hair and the most perfect shade of brown eyes you've ever seen. Vidalia closes her eyes imagining him, topless while working in the Rose Garden with her.

Oh, and he carries a pair of old style pistosl. Firey lock, I think he called them.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 10:36 PM
Naeryen nods, while Garm resists the urge to roll his eyes. These humans all looked the same anyway. He'd leave Naeryen to the description part.
"Right-o. I'm sure that's sufficient. Now, where did you see him last, and where do you think he might be? Does he have any hangouts?"

Lex-Kat
2009-07-15, 11:33 PM
Last I saw him.... we had just pulled up the curtain at GloG. We were in my room.

But I'm sure he was in his own room last. I.... I left him a note telling him that I was evil and leaving, so I think that's where you should start, or maybe my room, he may have searched...

Yes!! He took my picture of him and me together. So I know that's where he was just before he left!

He may have gone to Yaza's.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 11:39 PM
"Alright. We'll find him."

Garm and Naeryen leave. And probably deadtime.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-15, 11:45 PM
Vidalia smiles. Thank you. Thank you so much!! She then shifts into an onion.

The onion then melts away into nothing, leaving a white rose behind.

billtodamax
2009-07-16, 12:57 AM
There's a knock on the door of NO.

Morty
2009-07-16, 01:19 PM
B-P 9000 opens the door.
Yes?
Meanwhile, Dipsnig is around.

billtodamax
2009-07-16, 04:09 PM
James is standing at the door, in his normal attire of a red robe, slightly dull. He nods to the penguin.
Want to make a contract. Need sources of magical fire. Lots of them. Strong. Am willing to offer base defences, favours, or knowledge.

Morty
2009-07-16, 04:20 PM
I will inform all members of NO of this task. How can they contact you should they find what you request?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-16, 04:22 PM
The cookiemonster comes in, overhearing the last two sentences.
Perhaps I could be of assistance? How long would you want the fire to keep on going? How big do you want it? Details like that would be usefull.

Morty
2009-07-16, 04:46 PM
Now that a member is present, B-P 9000 steps back.

billtodamax
2009-07-16, 04:57 PM
Hmm... James says. He thinks for a bit then says:
I'll need a continous flame, lasting as long as you can get, as strong as you can get. Also, several smaller sources for research purposes, so they should be as different as possible. He says.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-16, 05:42 PM
(sorry for the half-deadtime and the now deadtime:smallmad: Stupid RL and timezones.)
Well I could pull up a very large and strong blue magical fire, though I'm afraid that multiple fires at the same time are beyond my skill with magical fire. It's probably best if we could round up a couple more people. Umm, I'm not that good with payments and such, maybe Dipsnig is around, he's better at those things.

The cookiemonster lets James in and searches around for Dipsnig.

I'm terribly sorry, one of my homes is in threat, and I'm afraid it's very urgent, so I must be off, we shall talk later.

The cookiemonster hurries off to his rooms and is not seen again.

billtodamax
2009-07-16, 05:53 PM
No, need artifact! Shouts James at the cookiemonster's retreating back. He follows it (him? her?) in, and looks around.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-17, 04:38 AM
(Just call him him. :smalltongue:)
(I could go and set up a plot, but would you want that? I mean, you do have James already in a plot?)

billtodamax
2009-07-17, 04:42 AM
((Well, yeah, but it's gonna take him ages, as he's easily distracted. So go for it.))

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-17, 05:27 AM
(Stupid RL)
James doesn't see Dipsnig around, but he does see Cookiemonster heading off into a room, through a door which looks like it has purple scorch marks and is a bit melted at the top.
If he listens closely, he can hear rumbling and glass being knocked against eachother.

If he goes into the hallway(or in the room)
James can see that there are all kinds of seemingly chemical vials and such set-up with a cabinet of crossbows. Cookiemonster is seen moving around and taking the occasional thing and putting it in....his fur?

billtodamax
2009-07-17, 05:35 AM
Walk into a room full of dangerous and probably flammable chemicals? Why not!? James heads in.
What're you doing? He asks.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-17, 05:40 AM
What? Oh?
The cookiemonster looks up a bit to see James walk in.
You might as well come...Hmm...
See, I'm home to several worlds....Like belonging to several factions or whatever. One of them is currently in danger, I have no idea what it is yet, just that the warning system has gone off. Do you have any particular skills with magic that could potentially help me?

The cookiemonster speaks a little bit rushed, while gathering things.
And please, don't touch the vials, we don't want you to die in a icky way...

billtodamax
2009-07-17, 05:41 AM
I'm a pyromancer. Says James. A good one. Probably the best. He says, without arrogance or pride. Just stating facts.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-17, 05:44 AM
Good, good, just don't burn the whole forest down, please...
The cookiemonster pushes a closet aside and quickly taps a combination of pokes on the wall and a blue portal opens.
Don't worry, it's safe. Just be calm when we arrive, the environment is a lot different there then here.

The cookiemonster quickly steps into the portal and dissapears.
Slowly, very slowly the portal is closing itself.

(New thread, hmm?)

billtodamax
2009-07-17, 05:46 AM
(yeah, I'd say so.)
James looks at the portal, looks around the room, then figures he has nothing better to do, and hops through.

Morty
2009-07-17, 07:55 AM
Dipsnig shrugs when Cookiemonster tells him that he needs to leave. The blue, furry monster was always something of an enigma to the goblin.

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:04 AM
There is a knock on NO's door.

Morty
2009-07-17, 08:05 AM
And P-B 9000, the enchanted clockwork penguin, opens.
Neutral day, sir or madam.

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:08 AM
At the door is the most stereotypical government spook you can imagine. "Hello. I am Mr. Green. I am here to inform NO that the Inside government has two contracts available for any interested mercenaries."

Morty
2009-07-17, 08:16 AM
Bzzzzt. Do you wish to speak to a member?

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:18 AM
"I would." Mr. Green adjusted his government issue shady sunglasses. "It is necessary that anyone accepting the contract be aware of its parameters."

Morty
2009-07-17, 08:20 AM
B-P 9000 gives a loud *bzzzzzzt* and another clockwork penguin waddles away. After a while, a brown-skinned goblin approaches the door.
So, apparently there're contracts to be done.

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:21 AM
"Yes. The government of Inside is willing to provide significant compensation to anyone capable of handling certain problems."

Nameless
2009-07-17, 08:22 AM
Nameless walks over. There's a government now?

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:25 AM
"If in name only. I'll freely admit that we have little control. But the government of Inside does its best to protect and provide for the citizens of the city."

Morty
2009-07-17, 08:35 AM
And what would the details of the contracts be?

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:37 AM
"The first contract is for the removal of an extremely large, unusual undead found in the Deep Slums region. The second is an investigation into some disruptive occurrences around the city related to the shutting down of the city's medical system and a rash of arms smuggling."

Morty
2009-07-17, 08:42 AM
Interesting. We'll be sure to dispatch someone to look into it. What payment can we expect?

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:47 AM
"We will attempt to provide whatever form of compensation that is preferred by the person who completes the contract."

Morty
2009-07-17, 08:49 AM
I see. The goblin opens his backpack and produces two pieces of paper as well as a pen. Now let's write the contracts down and sign them.

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:53 AM
Mr. Green takes a piece of paper and a pen. "The first contact will be considered completed when the undead in the Deep Slums is destroyed. Additional compensation may be offered for information relating to the undead's source and owner. The second contract is more of an open ended bounty on any information or person connected to the recent threat to Inside's hospitals to the strange appearance of new weapons in Inside."

Morty
2009-07-17, 08:57 AM
When the contracts are written, the goblin signs them in NO's name as Dipsnig Razortooth.
I will notify all members of the contracts.

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:58 AM
Mr. Green nods to Dipsnig. "Thank you for your time."

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:05 AM
Uh-oh. There's a loading screen there suddenly. When it's gone, Vincent is around.

"Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I need the experience. Maybe me and Caroline can get a few levels. That and we needed to go into town anyways to upgrade from wooden to iron weapons and cloth to leather armor."

Not that he'd be able to do much today as his player is pretty busy today.

Morty
2009-07-17, 09:07 AM
It's nothing. And I don't think you and Caroline should go on either of those missions alone, Vincent. Both offing a great undead and investigating sabotage or gun smuggling may be dangerous. You can accompany other members though, of course.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:16 AM
"Awww... one of those higher level up accompanies the two of us missions and makes everything easy? Sure... alright... but whoever we go with has a ninety percent chance of getting killed or kidnapped."

Morty
2009-07-17, 09:18 AM
As the point of fact, I intend to go on one of the investigation missions, possibly both, as I've done my share of sabotaging and smuggling.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:25 AM
Vincent facepalms. Could that be an even worse choice? Didn't he complain about feeling like he's being watched all the time? Recipe for disaster...

"Okay... you're the boss. Tried to warn you though."

Morty
2009-07-17, 09:27 AM
Why would someone who accompanies you have a higher chance of dying than you two, anyway?

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:32 AM
"Laws of video game drama. They'd met an old foe, or the final boss, or the final bosses' best or most sadistic henchman. Something like that. And either they'd die protecting us as we run, or they'd die and the other guy just leaves, ignoring us. If you're lucky you'll just be kidnapped. Either way we have to swear vengeance and spend a good two-thirds of the game leveling up to be powerful enough to take him down."

Morty
2009-07-17, 09:34 AM
Dipsnig blinks.
That's daft.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:37 AM
"Yet true." Filler

Morty
2009-07-17, 09:39 AM
I'll take my chances. I've found that "laws of drama" only work when you expect them to.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:44 AM
"But... but... we expect them to!" :smallsigh:

Morty
2009-07-17, 09:47 AM
But I don't. And since you're... protagonists, was it? Yep. Anyway, you can expect the laws of drama to work, because they'll net you good stuff. And I, being what you called an "NPC" and a goblin to boot will ignore them, because they'd get me killed.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-17, 09:49 AM
Sirk drifts in, addressing Dipsnig in her harsh whisper.
"If I may, I wish to investigate the matter of the undead out of curiosity. I am not typically a mercenary, but I believe I may be more suited to the task due to my experience with these matters."

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:52 AM
"Okaaaay. You're the boss." He facepalms again when a second NPC decides joining in is a good idea.

But goes and waits for the group to leave.
By deadtiming saving his game for now.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-17, 09:53 AM
A ninja kitten comes in, carrying a note. In very standard writing it says:
Or the lower levels could be killed as a warning that this is a Threat or Serious Business.

Morty
2009-07-17, 09:54 AM
By all means Sirk, go for it. I'll go check either the sabotage or the weapon smuggling. It's up to Caroline and Vincent who to join. Cue an eyeroll on Dipsnig's part.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-17, 09:55 AM
Of course, little did Vincent know that this particular NPC was the mole that would eventually betray the party to (one of) the (many) Big Bads. Mwahaha! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
*ahem*

Morty
2009-07-17, 10:04 AM
Dipsnig picks up the note.
... What?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 11:30 AM
Caroline skips in, just in time to hear that her and Vincent get to join on a mission. I'll go wherever Vincent goes!

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 11:39 AM
Vincent nods. "Oooh. I feel a story split coming on. Could affect the ending of the game Caroline! Quick! Save in a separate slot so that we can come back and see what the other one is once we're done with the first one."

Unfortunately for Vincent there's only memory enough for one save spot.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 11:52 AM
I... don'tr seem to be able to save in a seperate... slot. We'll just have to play this one out. Caroline frowns.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 12:17 PM
"Awww... that sucks. I hate having to start way back at the beginning just to see seperate endings. Especially if there's more than two. Which there probably is." Vincent kicks a wayward dust bunny. It dies.

"So who do you want to go with? If we look into undead with Sirk, it'll probably be more combat orientated. If we investigate the sabotage and weapons smuggling with Dipsnig it's probably going to be more puzzle orientated and just talking to people. At least until we find the seedy underbelly of the town. Most likely involves sewers."

"So which would you prefer?"

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 12:26 PM
I think our powers would best serve Dipsnig. I can be ghosty-like, and I'm sure you can be stealthy, right?

Besides, this will go to paying off my debt to him and Nameless.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 12:39 PM
"Stealth... isn't really the main protagonist's good skill. Unless it's one of those subgames. Still, I'm not as horrible at it as the tank. Which we haven't met yet. So yeah. We go with Dipsnig then."

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 12:41 PM
Caroline smiles then goes to hug Vincent. Thanks.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 12:45 PM
D'awww... The young kids hug. It's so sweet.
Seriously, I think Vincent is only 13. Cause these video games are silly like that. That and he WAS in an orphanage until a little while ago.

"Glad to help."

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 12:51 PM
I can't wait to go shopping! She heads to her room. I need to get ready.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 12:52 PM
"Heh. Don't forget your gil." Not that it matters. Such things seem to travel with the person constantly anyways.

Vincent heads off as well.

Morty
2009-07-17, 02:47 PM
Dipsnig sits down heavily. Investigating sabotage and smuggling is going to be hard with two delusional kids tagging along.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 07:12 PM
When Caroline comes back out, she is dressed in a black pair of jeans, a black sleeveless turtle neck shirt, and pink and black sneakers. I'm ready. And I got some gold.

billtodamax
2009-07-17, 07:18 PM
Rebecca's in the main room, eating cereal. Delicious, generic cereal.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 07:25 PM
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. Wait a second! You can change your clothes in this game? Wow... must be a really advanced one..." Vincent shakes his head.

"Alright. Well... let's get going then. Dipsnig said something about meeting us there. I think. And we're off!" Vincent goes to take Caroline's hand and head to...
Outside?
Ah right. Random encounters first.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 07:50 PM
But..... Caroline takes a quick glance at what she is sure is the deadtimed form of Dipsnig sitting in the main room.

Okay! Caroline, her hand in Vincent's, follows him to the Outside.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 09:42 PM
((Double Post Yay!!!:smallbiggrin:))

Caroline looks around. That is just so weird!

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:49 PM
"You get used to it. Let's grab some sleep to refill."

Vincent heads off.

And comes back 10 seconds later stretching. "Ahhh... a good night's rest fixes everything."

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 09:53 PM
Um, yeah. Caroline fakes a yawn and stretch. Let's go kill some slime!! Caroline heads back Outside.

Reinholdt
2009-07-17, 09:54 PM
:smallconfused:
"I thought she was terrified of slime..."
He shrugs and shakes his head. "Women." And follows her Outside again ready to try anew.

Atomsized
2009-07-18, 08:13 AM
Atomsized wakes up from his slumber wondering when he ever slept in the first place. He walks around, noticing that most of the members are gearing up or attending to their missions. He walks over to Dipsnig.

Dipsnig, since I've noticed that most of our mercenaries are out for work, you can employ me in any mission if it calls for it (despite my experience with being a mercenary).

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-18, 08:41 AM
Sirk drifts back in from her quick jaunt outside.

Morty
2009-07-18, 08:43 AM
You can go help Sirk Atom... Then, he notices Sirk herself. How's the mission going?

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-18, 08:44 AM
"The undead are no longer troubling Inside."

Morty
2009-07-18, 08:57 AM
Alright then, it's one contract fulfilled.

Atomsized
2009-07-18, 09:36 AM
Atomsized approaches Sirk.

Alright then. I guess I'll be accompanying you on the next mission, which I believe is to find more information about weapons and threats to this "Inside" thing.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-18, 09:37 AM
Sirk shakes her head.

"I'm not taking that mission. That one, I believe, is being undertaken by Dipsnig, along with Vinvent and Caroline."

Morty
2009-07-18, 09:39 AM
That's right... except they seem to be gone.

Atomsized
2009-07-18, 10:02 AM
Hmmmmmm. In that case, you better get going with Vincent and Caroline, Dipsnig.

Morty
2009-07-18, 12:08 PM
Why don't you go looking for them? I mean, I work best alone, and I'll try to infiltrate the weapon smuggling, which is best done alone as well. You could find them and investigate the hospitals together.
The words "And besides, this way it'll be you dealing with those kids, not me" though unspoken, hang in the air.

Atomsized
2009-07-18, 03:23 PM
Atomsized is comically "blown-back" by Dipsnig statements.

I dunno Dipsnig. All their talk about random encounters and stats might possibly drive me almonds and cashews. I mean nuts.

Morty
2009-07-18, 03:24 PM
Better you than - I mean, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Atomsized
2009-07-18, 03:55 PM
I guess I'll give it a go then.

And with that, Atomsized leaves.

Morty
2009-07-18, 03:59 PM
Look for them Inside! Dipsnig shouts after him and when he's gone, he rubs his hands. So they day won't suck completely after all. Then he heads to Inside himself.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-19, 08:55 AM
Connor jumps out of his cryogenic-deadtimer and skips with Kitcat in arms over to the mission board. He saw the undead contract and his eyes lit up, but noticed the convenient note saying it had been done already and sighed.

Dipsnig always leaves before I can discuss new defences with him. *sigh* he says to no one in particular. He walks over to the kitchen and pours Kitcat some helpful Darkdart Dark Park for Kitcat, which appears to be small mice made of cat food and himself some of the generic cereal.

[[Was the purple scorch marks on the door a reference to Connor's rather fruitless attempts to scry on whatsername?]]

Reinholdt
2009-07-19, 03:04 PM
*knock*
*knock*
*knock*

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 08:12 AM
*BANG*
*BANG*
*BANG* filler

Nameless
2009-07-20, 08:15 AM
Nameless answers the door.
Yes?

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 08:17 AM
It's Irene, the beautiful nymph.
"Hi there. I hear you take jobs? If so, I wish to hire."

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-20, 08:28 AM
Sirk floats up next to Nameless.
"What for?"

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 08:31 AM
"There's a lich. Calls himself the White King. A chess nut. Wants to turn the whole world into a chessboard. So... I may have beat him at a chess game just this one time and now he's really got it in for me. I could probably handle him alone, but he's gathering minions or pieces or whatever. I'm hiring you to take them out."

Nameless
2009-07-20, 08:33 AM
I like Chess.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-20, 08:39 AM
"I remember you. The White King was the one with the undead Tyrannosaurus?"

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 08:42 AM
"I like chess too. Much rather not BE chess though." :smalltongue:

Irene looks over Sirk trying to place her. Hmmm... nope. Got nothing. Must've been watching from afar or the shadows or something. "Yes. That, his zombie horde, that robot that travels with him, and that guy in armor and that nasty gun. I want those eliminated as well as any others he might have that I don't know about. By eliminated I mean destroyed, killed, incapacitated, converted away from helping him, whatever."

Nameless
2009-07-20, 08:49 AM
Perhaps I can challange him to a chess game.

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 08:55 AM
"Ha! I'm quite certain you can. Just be careful about winning. He's one of the most sore losers I've ever met."

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:03 AM
A goblin heads towards NO. He's wearing a long, dark grey tunic with a hood and has a messy hair. NO members will recognize that he's Dipsnig in disguise, but it's not certain for others.

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:06 AM
Regardless of whether she recognizes him, Irene waves at Dipsnig. Before glaring at the other members who were less than helpful before they disappeared into deadtime.

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:08 AM
Dipsnig waves back at Irene.
Excuse me for a moment, miss.
After said moment, he comes back, looking like his normal self.
What can I help you with?

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:10 AM
"Yes. I came to hire." She repeats pretty much everything she said already word for word.

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:12 AM
It's not going to be easy, but we'll try to eliminate him.

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:15 AM
"Actually, I only wanted his pieces eliminated. I'd prefer to deal with him personally." To the victor goes the spoils... and the reality shaping crown.

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:17 AM
I see. Well, that'll be much easier. What payment can we expect?

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:20 AM
"There's a minor bit more. Firstly no one must know about me. When you go, claim you're trying to stop his mad scheme or something. Secondly, you must not knowingly accept a job that will assist the White King."

"As for payment, there will be payment for each piece destroyed, including any I'm unaware of. The zombie horde and other pawns only count once. Does that sound appropriate? As for what... well... you tell me. What would you consider suitable?"

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:23 AM
Dipsnig nods. Those terms are acceptable.
We accept precious metals and gems, favors, magical or technological items or more unusual but valuable items, information or deeds. For a job of this scale, I have to request something quite expensive.

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:25 AM
"Of course. I can provide a number of powerful magical services. If you want that. Unless you'd prefer cash or magic items. Heck, you could even get a mixture if you'd like depending on how many pieces you get rid of."

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:28 AM
I find magic items a more convenient form of payment, so we'll take magic items, perhaps with some arcane services if we take out more pieces.

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:29 AM
"Very well. What type of magic items are you looking for?" Sooooo many types.

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:31 AM
Means of quick transportation would be most convenient.

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:32 AM
"Very well. I shall prepare something. Anything I need to sign?"

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:33 AM
Just sign here. Dipsnig hands Irene a piece of paper with the contract written out and a place to sign.

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:36 AM
Irene signs and hands the paper back. "There you go. Best of luck. Anything else?"

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:38 AM
I don't think so. I'll be sure to send someone to this contract.

Reinholdt
2009-07-20, 10:42 AM
"Thanks. Have a good day." Irene turns to leave.

Morty
2009-07-20, 10:44 AM
She can leave freely and when she's gone, Dipsnig deadtimes.

billtodamax
2009-07-21, 01:45 AM
Rebecca looks at the contract that should probably be on the notice board.
Whaddya think Terrance? Wanna try? She asks. Oh come on, we'll be fine. Let's go! She says, as she heads out the door to Outside.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-21, 01:00 PM
An onion rolls into NO. I have a new contract for you guys.

First, let it be known that I've found Corentin. But now I need help with a trial, and I know you guys are neutral, so you'll be fair.

I wish to bring Corentin's murderer on trial. He is supposed to be arriving at GLoG and I'll have him turned over to you immediately.

Morty
2009-07-21, 01:02 PM
Dipsnig answers Vidalia. Alright... our only arbiter who was serious about the job has been absent for a while, though... and the other one is away.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-21, 07:38 PM
It may be noted that Garm and Naeryen are still somewhere in Acronymia looking for him.
Luckily Garm brought a communicator.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-22, 01:35 AM
Connor perks up noticably when he hears the onion. What? Weirder things have happened within the past 5 minutes than a talking onion.

Dipsnig, I know I didn't sign up as an Arbitrator but could I please handle this? I even already have a bailiff! he says running over to Dipsnig careful to not step on the onion. Its just that most of the contracts lately have been taken on by other people and there isn't much for me to do... and law is a particular fancy of mine, what with the comparisons to magic and technology.

Connor looks like he is going to burst into a million pieces soon.

Nameless
2009-07-22, 04:37 AM
An onion rolls into NO. I have a new contract for you guys.

First, let it be known that I've found Corentin. But now I need help with a trial, and I know you guys are neutral, so you'll be fair.

I wish to bring Corentin's murderer on trial. He is supposed to be arriving at GLoG and I'll have him turned over to you immediately.

((undeadtimes))

That sounds fine.
Do you need just a jury? Or a whole court?

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:17 AM
BOOM.
Eek, it's just outside! :smalleek:

In other news, Dipsnig might get a strong telepathic calling to find his beloved husband in Freedom Glades.

Morty
2009-07-22, 08:21 AM
Dipsnig shrugs.
Sure, go for it, Connor. The mercenray/arbiter distinction is mostly for show anyway... now excuse me, but I have something important to do.
Dipsnig runs outside and heads to Freedom Glades, with ?something? following him.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:22 AM
Indeed. Something that made said boom is pursuing Dipsnig, swiftly. Invisibly. However, what with the air powers, the human-sized entity may well be noticed.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-22, 08:51 AM
Garm and Naeryen are back at NO, the fourth wall having informed them that their contract is now void.

Morty
2009-07-22, 09:04 AM
And Dipsnig, presumably, is walking back towards NO as well.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 09:27 AM
Astir appears outside. Dipsnig. Please come here.

Morty
2009-07-22, 09:28 AM
Dipsnig gulps and leaves the NO HQ.