PDA

View Full Version : Orion

Pages : [1] 2

DJDizzy
2009-07-09, 05:42 PM
The ingame thread for my campaign; Orion

You awake to find yourself sharing the same prison cell, for crimes you may or may not have commited. Outside the one window, you can see the sun rising.

The walls are damp and wet because of last nights rain.

All of your equipment have been taken from you, and probably lies in the chest outside of your cell.

In the cell are two chairs, a table and a bucket.

What do you do.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-09, 05:56 PM
Shadehart stands up, shaken from a rough night's sleep. He looks on at his slumbering companions, disgusted at their lack of stamina. He had a splitting headache, and couldn't remember anything from the night before. Had he been arrested? Yes, definitely. He had to get out of the cell before guards arrived.
You idiots, do something!
[roll0] (open lock) (my normal is +8, but i get -2 without tools)
[roll1] (Escape artist)

fabio
2009-07-09, 05:58 PM
I trust in Palaniel's wisdom. Her goodness will free us from this cell.

Inside his heart, Arien begins to question his faith and contemplates the cell bars thinking how much strenght would be necessary to break them.
Probably a lot, he thinks.

HereticNox
2009-07-09, 06:13 PM
*uugh, what happened to me*. A slight groan escapes the man currently lying prone on the ground as he painful rejoins the conscious. Rocking himself into a sitting position, the man stiffly pushes himself to the wall.*I suppose they took my gear, what in the world did I do to end up in this place* A flash of sharp pain is deterrent enough for the man to stop pondering the past. Gathering his strength for several minutes, the man gracefully pushes himself up into a standing position.

Looking over the man sees several other prisoners stirring, raising his hand in greeting the man quietly states, "The name is Lyndon." As his gaze drifts over to the cell lock, he finds the halfling hard at work. Taking this as a cue to become proactive, Lyndon eyes scour the room searching for anything that could be assistance in their escape.

Listen
[roll0]

Spot
[roll1]

Search
[roll2]

DJDizzy
2009-07-09, 06:20 PM
[roll0] (open lock) (my normal is +8, but i get -2 without tools)
[roll1] (Escape artist)

Nothing happens

HereticNox, you dont find anything noticeable, but you can hear the guards and some people outside

HereticNox
2009-07-09, 06:39 PM
Walking up to the door,?, Lyndon peers out through the bars, trying to get a better grasp on the current situation

Spot, specifically for the amount of guards and bystanders, [roll0]

DJDizzy
2009-07-09, 06:43 PM
You see 5 guards, 3 of them with spears and chainmail, and the rest of them is wearing a breastplate and carrying longswords

fabio
2009-07-09, 06:52 PM
Arien waits quietfully.
Hands where their eyes can see and everything.

HereticNox
2009-07-09, 07:01 PM
A small sigh escape Lyndon as he turns back to face the rest of the prisoners.
Hurriedly he whispers, "We certainly aren't alone. Stationed right outside the door are 5 guards, all are armed and armored. It would have been slaughter if we tried to escape. The question is, what do to now."

Angry Rogue
2009-07-09, 08:11 PM
I'm getting out of here. I don't want to be in the same plane as those guards when they come in here. Maybe the person with the most strength can have at that window.

Altaria87
2009-07-10, 01:35 AM
Lucius Sentir

The Bald-headed Gnome on the floor wakes up, dizzy. "A who, a wha? a hic, what time is it?"
Recovering slightly from his delerium, Lucius remembers being thrown into the cell by some guards... But search his memory as he might, he can't for the life of him remember what for.
Knowing he will be of no aid to the escape he sits down, remembering his spellbook is in the chest.
"OF COURSE, cheesecake. Oi, Boris, over here, twig."
And his Bat comes out of a corner of the cell and lands on his shoulder.
"Think you can sneak past those guards and get our stuff, nod for yes, shake your head for no."

Albub
2009-07-10, 08:02 AM
Azariah

The big cleric picks himself up off of the floor and looks around the room with bleary eyes.

Goddess... I allow myself one night of revelry and I wake up in jail. I don't even remember meeting any of you, did we get arrested together?

He walks to a corner and sits against the wall, massaging his temples and contemplating using a cure minor wounds to clear up the hangover.

Truwar
2009-07-10, 10:21 AM
Piotr

Piotr’s green, bloodshot eyes snap open. Where was he? He the splitting headache reminded him all too well of the times he had drunk too much while out with the pack of cronies that had called themselves his friends when he was still the heir to his father’s estates. But that did not make any sense, he had only had one glass of wine with the fellow with who had promised that he would be able to provide him with the mercenaries he needed to start his company…

Suddenly a chill runs down Piotr’s spine as his still-groggy mind puts together the evidence and he reaches for his money pouch. Finding only the cut leather straps where his pouch once was, Piotr lets a sulphurous litany of curses bounce around his rather delicate feeling mind. He had been robbed, drugged and robbed. He had lost the last bit of money he had been given when he was shown the door of his father’s estate and now he no longer had the resources to found a mercenary unit.

Blearily looking at his surroundings, he is not surprised to find himself in a cell. The talk of attempted escape alarms him, however. He whispers to the halfling and gnome talking about escape. Are you sure attempted escape is entirely wise? I mean, you have no gear and you are outnumbered. Even, if by some miracle, you do manage to make it out of here, you then have to make it out of the city. I don’t know why you are here but if it is not something that is going to get you hung you might consider talking your way out of this, or maybe escaping at night. Early morning might not be the most auspicious time to attempt an exit.

Altaria87
2009-07-10, 10:27 AM
Lucius

"I know escape is not the best plan, but if my plan works, we can get the chest with our equipment in, and then after I've spent an hour preparing my spells we ca-... wait... That won't work... bubble"
Lucius scratches his bald head...
"Well with our equipment, we should be able to break the door down someway right?"

Angry Rogue
2009-07-10, 10:35 AM
This really all depends on what we were arrested for. If it was murder, then I'm out of here. If it was something like a barroom brawl, I'll serve my sentence, since it is probably very small. But, if you guys bust out of here either way, then I'll come with.

Truwar
2009-07-10, 12:25 PM
Piotr

I have no wish to dangle on the end of a rope for a murder I did not commit either. Although, if they thought us dangerous murderers, you would think that they would not throw us all into one cell…

At any rate, I agree with you. Let’s wait and see what our captors say before we take any action.

HereticNox
2009-07-10, 02:24 PM
"Maybe that is exactly why they through us in here together. Thin the numbers out a little bit. Still you are right, there is no way we are escaping passed all those guards. Now we wait for either someone to come talk to us, or until night falls. "

Extending a hand toward the green eye man, Lyndon locks gazes with man. "The name is Lyndon, it's a pleasure to meet you. Though I wish the circumstances were a little better."

I want to do a sense motive on some of the prisoners. Particularly the newly awoken man, and the halfing, Lyndon wants to see if they are trust worthy or not. Nevermind, what a terrible roll :smallconfused:

Sense Motive
[roll0]

Altaria87
2009-07-10, 02:55 PM
Lucius

"Ok then, I guess I'll go along with you guys, twig. Boris, we won't need you, go back tot he corner. The name's Lucius by the way, Lucius Sentir."

Truwar
2009-07-10, 03:10 PM
Piotr

Piotr takes Lyndon’s hand and shakes it firmly. The pleasure is all mine. I am Piotr. I cannot agree with you more, however. These circumstances are less than ideal, let’s see what we can do about altering that.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-10, 06:07 PM
People call me Shadehart. Pleasure.

DJDizzy
2009-07-10, 06:49 PM
HereticNox, listen check please

HereticNox
2009-07-10, 07:07 PM
"Quiet, I think I hear something."

[roll0] Wow, i rolled what a 19 last listen check. Sorry guys:smallfrown:

DJDizzy
2009-07-10, 07:11 PM
You can hear some mumbling from the guards, but not much more than that.

fabio
2009-07-10, 07:22 PM
Arien contemplates the window and gives it a try at bending the bars

Strenght check?

DJDizzy
2009-07-10, 07:35 PM
Roll it.

(char limit)

HereticNox
2009-07-10, 07:36 PM
Taking a step closer to the door, Lyndon twist his head slightly to the side trying to better hear the guards mumbling.

If i can't roll another listen check, I'll delete this post, [roll0].

fabio
2009-07-10, 07:44 PM
Strength check to try to bend the bars on the window

[roll0]

Angry Rogue
2009-07-10, 08:05 PM
Hey, guys. Why are we trying to escape? WE DON'T HAVE OUR ****ING GEAR!!!!

fabio
2009-07-10, 08:25 PM
Arien

I don't know if they're going to execute me or something. My life is more important than a few gold pieces worth of equipment

By the way, my name is Arien. I was falsely accused of crimes against the crown.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-10, 08:43 PM
I'm called Shadehart.

Unfortunatly, I'm somewhat attached to my equipment.
My crossbow was a family heirloom, but I'd rather not talk about that.

DJDizzy
2009-07-10, 09:28 PM
HereticNox: You hear one of the guards say: "So when are these ones scheduled for execution?"

Fabio, the bars wont budge

Albub
2009-07-10, 10:23 PM
Execution! I go out drinking for a night and suddenly I'm scheduled for execution? I'm a priest! You've got to let me out of here!

(Diplomacy check) (((Will roll when sober enough to recall how /roll works.)))

Altaria87
2009-07-11, 02:10 AM
Lcius Sentir

"Excuse me guards? Would you mind telling us what the charges against us are?"
Diplomacy [roll0]
And if I can increase his attitude to friendly:
"While we're waiting would it be too much to ask, banana. If you could give me a book I've been reading from my pack, I would be ever so greatful, as it could pass the time more quickly."
Bluff [roll1]
---
Darn the completely average rolls >.<

DJDizzy
2009-07-11, 03:15 AM
Lcius Sentir

"Excuse me guards? Would you mind telling us what the charges against us are?"
Diplomacy [roll0]
And if I can increase his attitude to friendly:
"While we're waiting would it be too much to ask, banana. If you could give me a book I've been reading from my pack, I would be ever so greatful, as it could pass the time more quickly."
Bluff [roll1]
---
Darn the completely average rolls >.<

One of the guards get up and growls "None of your business, You're in jail, that's all you need to know"

Altaria87
2009-07-11, 10:02 AM
Lucius

Lucius searches his mind for a plan, and amid the chaos of his brain, finally remembers he doesn't need his spellbook to do a few of his favourite tricks:
"Ghost Sound" He whispers silently, producing the sounds of a break-out in the next room.
As the Guards go to investigate the noise he then whispers "Prestigidation" And using his weak spell he lifts the key slowly towards him and unlocks the door.
"Ok guys, run for it! And if any of you are strong enough, get the chest!"
---
-Please tell me that plan was watertight >.<

Angry Rogue
2009-07-11, 10:34 AM
I'm going to assume the chest is about 60 lb.(25 empty+about 35 with gear)

So I have a medium load.
Run, Get out! I have the chest!

HereticNox
2009-07-11, 12:57 PM
*Alright, so execution perhaps I could ask the guards...What the hell is that noise.* Listening to the what sounded like a break out, Lyndon chuckles to himself. Who would be stupid enough to.., Lyndon couldn't even finish his thought as he saw that apparently his cell mates were.

*Perfect now all our executions get moved to right now.*

Whispering loud enough for those gathered near to hear, Lyndon quickly says "I guess we're leaving now. Stay if you wish to be executed. As for me, I'll try my luck at escape."

Spotting the rash halfling trying to lift a chest full of all prisoner's equipment.
"Someone help Shade-for-brains over there with the chest. He isn't going to be able to carry it by himself. Better yet, grab whatever you need, and leave the rest. "

With that he stealthy makes his into the hall.

move silently, if possible hide

M.S.
[roll0]

Hide
[roll1]

Altaria87
2009-07-11, 01:10 PM
Lucius

Lucius rushes to the chest, gets out his pack with this spellbook and tools in, grabs his dagger, attaches his spell components pouch to his belt then sets off at a run down the hallway, saying to Lyndon on the way:
"Don't bother with stealth, just get out of here ASAP!"

Angry Rogue
2009-07-11, 01:58 PM
Shadehart drops the chest, takes out his Short sword, mace, morningstar, crossbow, armor, and his backpack (with adventuring items in it).

He runs out the door and down the hallway, following Lucius.

Albub
2009-07-11, 07:53 PM
Azariah

Azariah Grabs the sack filled with his possessions and throws it over his shoulder, bolting after The gnome.

HereticNox
2009-07-11, 08:04 PM
Grabbing his gear and trusty morning star, Lyndon dashes with the rest of the group.

DJDizzy
2009-07-11, 08:25 PM
One of the guards shout "Ey you there, Stop! You are under arrest for breaking out of jail."

The guards form a line at the end of the hallway, with the 2 sword armored guards in the middle

Roll for initiative!

Guardwithspear1 [roll0]
Guardwithspear2 [roll1]
Guardwithspear3 [roll2]
Guardwithsword1 [roll3]
Guardwithsword2 [roll4]

fabio
2009-07-11, 08:36 PM
my initiative: [roll0]

(Am I still in time to grab my flail out of the chest? How long do I take to equip my chainmail and shield? how far away are the guards?)

DJDizzy
2009-07-11, 08:40 PM
my initiative: [roll0]

(Am I still in time to grab my flail out of the chest? How long do I take to equip my chainmail and shield? how far away are the guards?)

You can take your equipment out of the chest

The guards are aprox. 50 feet away. it would take you 1 minute to equip your shield and chainmail (in total)

Angry Rogue
2009-07-11, 08:50 PM
initiative:

[roll0]

Wow, I dont even want that +4 bonus.

Actually I'll just run out of there

Shadehart runs 80 ft. in the opposite direction

run is x4, i believe.

fabio
2009-07-11, 08:54 PM
Arien

Not having enough time to put on his chainmail, Airen reaches to the chest and dig out his flail and shield

(My AC is 11 now, but I'm going to use my combat expertise to raise it to 14, dropping my attack bonus to +2)

Arien stands in front of the rest of the group trying to use his body to protect his cellmates

HereticNox
2009-07-11, 08:59 PM
*The response was pretty fast.* sliding to a stop, Lyndon eyes the guards with obvious disdain. Standing to his full height, Lyndon's eyes seem to be filled with a sinister light. Suddenly his body is engulfed in a chaotic purple energy. Turning to the guards. His voice exaggerates into a vile tone,

"You have no idea who you trifle with, leave now if you don't wish your souls to be torn asunder in the chaotic arcane energies that I wield with impunity.

Initiative [roll0]
intimidate check [roll1]

I used my invocation Entropic warding. I get the effects of the entropic shield, can't be tracked by scent (but I still can be smelled just not tracked),and I leave no trail for 24hrs. Also an intimidate check to see if I can get a guard or two to run. Natural 20, interesting.

DJDizzy
2009-07-11, 09:50 PM
*The response was pretty fast.* sliding to a stop, Lyndon eyes the guards with obvious disdain. Standing to his full height, Lyndon's eyes seem to be fill with a sinister light. Suddenly his body is engulfed in a chaotic purple energy, turning to the guards. His voice exaggerates into a vile tone,

"You have no idea who you trifle with, leave now if you don't wish your souls to be torn asunder in the chaotic arcane energies that I wield with impunity.

Initiative [roll0]
intimidate check [roll1]

I used my invocation Entropic warding. I get the effects of the entropic shield, can't be tracked by scent (but I still can be smelled just not tracked),and I leave no trail for 24hrs. Also an intimidate check to see if I can get a guard or two to run. Natural 20, interesting.

The guards drop their weapons and run up the stairs

HereticNox
2009-07-11, 11:17 PM
A small grin spreads on Lydon's face, as he watches the guardsmen turn tail and run. "Lets get going, before the guards come to their senses." By the time that statement had been finished, Lyndon was already sprinting down the hall heading straight for the now vacant door.

Light load, 30x4 120ft. So that should probably takes us outside. We made need some DM plot assistance as to where to go, or stick together.

DJDizzy
2009-07-12, 12:07 AM
As you get outside, you see a smiling young man. dressed in black clothing with a red cape leaning up against the castle wall. As you get outside he extends his hand towards Lyndon "About time you got out" he smirks

Altaria87
2009-07-12, 01:44 AM
Lucius

Impressed by Lyndon's display, Lucius gets out slightly after Lyndon, Boris, who had escaped at the same time, with him. Seeing the new arrival Lucius stands back and lets his new allies handle it.

HereticNox
2009-07-12, 08:05 AM
Slightly out of breath, Lyndon rest for a moment against the castle walls. Taking a short break from physical activity, Lyndon takes advantage of the momentary lapse to organize his thoughts. *We were all thrown in jail, none of us have any knowledge of why. What is going on here...*

"About time you got out"

*Odd, but still he seems friendly enough.*

"It took longer than any of us anticipated, to get out of that damn cell."

Hesistating only for a moment, Lyndon shakes the man's offered hand. "The name is Lyndon. Introductions aside would it possible to continue discussions in a safe place."

fabio
2009-07-12, 09:04 AM
Arien

Arien looks dazed. So much have happened so fast.. Who are these people and what is going on? He thinks to himself and remains quiet.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-12, 09:42 AM
Shadehart stops for a minute to equip his armor and weapons.

He then turns to the man with the cape and says:
Who are you? Why are we expected?
Oh, and guys? I may have really killed someone...I have very low tolerance for alchohol....just sayin'...

DJDizzy
2009-07-12, 10:49 AM
"The name is Lyndon. Introductions aside would it possible to continue discussions in a safe place."

"Ofcourse, follow me." He says "Name's Jericho by the way, I have been keeping my eye on you for a while, and all I can say right now is that things are about to heat up, big time."

"If you would just follow me please"

Jericho non-chalantly snaps his finger and a great door appears.

What do you do?

HereticNox
2009-07-12, 10:58 AM
The sudden appearance of the door, catches Lyndon by surprise. Taking a moment, Lyndon carefully studies the door, hoping to gain insight into its, hopefully, arcane nature.

Wow never mind, I could only identify a 1st level spell.
Spell Craft
[roll0]

Knowledge Arcana
[roll1]

Altaria87
2009-07-12, 11:27 AM
Lucius

Before stepping through after Lyndon, Lucius makes some checks of his own on the door:
Spellcraft: [roll0]
Knowledge: Arcana: [roll1]
And if there's any writing on not in Common, Gnome, Draconic, Celestial or Infernal:
Decipher Script: [roll2]
---
OOC: Could I take 10 on the second 2?

DJDizzy
2009-07-12, 11:30 AM
Lucius

Before stepping through after Lyndon, Lucius makes some checks of his own on the door:
And if there's any writing on not in Common, Gnome, Draconic, Celestial or Infernal:
Decipher Script: [roll2]
---
OOC: Could I take 10 on the second 2?

You see that the spell he has just cast is Mordenkainen's Magnificient Mansion

HereticNox
2009-07-12, 11:56 AM
* He doesn't seem to be threatening...I guess I have no choice. Well here goes nothing.*

Cordially Lyndon replies,"With pleasure". Betraying none of the uneasiness he felt. Lyndon swings open the conjured door and steps through it.

fabio
2009-07-12, 12:45 PM
Arien Takes one minute to put on his chainmail and strap his backpack. He doesn't trust this mysterious man, but he sees no other choice.

I guess this can't be worse than being executed.

Arien follows Lyndon through the doors.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-12, 12:59 PM
Shadehart walks through the door slowly, afraid that it might lock him in.

Albub
2009-07-12, 03:52 PM
Azariah

The cleric dons his armor and then follows everyone through the door.

Truwar
2009-07-13, 09:50 AM
Piotr

Although Piotr trusts this man about as far as he could through a Mordekin's Magnificent Mansion, he also has no doubts about his ability to fight with or even esape from someone who could summon one. Quite sure that their simultaneous and convienent tandem executions were probably engineered by this fellow as a means to manipulate this strange little group he found himself a part of, Piotr, notheless, follows the others into the mansion.

Altaria87
2009-07-13, 10:44 AM
Lucius

Lucius walks in as well, noting to the party that it's a Magnificent Mansion spell, nothing sinister

DJDizzy
2009-07-13, 05:32 PM
You enter into a grand foyer with stairs going up to the second floor, you notice that the candles, stairs, chandelier, armor suits and paint frames all seem to be made of gold.

You also see 2 servants, one is a elven female with blond hair, the other is a human female with dark hair.

Jericho turns around with a smile "Should be safe enough eh? However, you must be starved out of your minds, please follow me."

Jericho goes up the stairs and into a room.

The servants stands next to the stairs and extends their arms up towards the room he entered.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-13, 06:30 PM
What....What is this place?

Shadehart continues to walk, staring at all the gold.

Albub
2009-07-13, 07:04 PM
Azariah

Azariah gawks at the extravagance around him, then gawks at the servants, and then goes back to staring slack-jawed at the wealth surrounding him as he follows the man upstairs.

HereticNox
2009-07-13, 08:15 PM
As Lyndon stepped through the portal, he was unsure of what awaited him. Upon stepping through the door, Lyndon eyes light up in child like delight.

*Such magic is possible! Wonderful, is that gold. AHH I must know about this place. Lucius mentioned something about it...What was it, ah yes Magnificent Mansion, I believe. Maybe he can explain more about this place...*

Lyndon's voice does not betray the excitement he feels, as he calmly replies to Jericho.
"Marvelous, you have exquisite taste Jericho," Noticing the elven woman's presence, Lyndon gives a small wink in her direction, "Indeed I believe we will be quite comfortable here, perhaps a good meal would be the best way to discuss current events."

Following Jericho up the grand staircase, Lyndon pace slows until he is beside Lucius. Matching his pace Lyndon quietly says, "Lucius, you seem learned in magical matters. I must admit as a practitioner of sorts, I hold a healthy amount of curiosity for the arcane. What can you explain to me about this place? "

DJDizzy
2009-07-13, 10:00 PM
What....What is this place?

Shadehart continues to walk, staring at all the gold.

"This? This is my home"

"Thank you lyndon"

Jericho takes you into another grand room, in the middle are a longtable also made out of solid gold with spots for about 40 persons. The longtable is decked with silver plates and silver forks, spoons and knives.

Very delicious looking food appears as Jericho snaps his finger. You see Roasted Turkey, Birds, Vegetables, White potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Beef, Pork, Lamb and various fruits.

"Dinner is served, please call the servants for drinks, we have everything you can desire" He says as he sits down.

Albub
2009-07-13, 11:44 PM
Azariah

Azariah sits down eagerly and prepares to eat the best looking meal he'd seen in years.

Altaria87
2009-07-14, 01:30 AM
Lucius

Lucius turns to Lyndon and gives the best explanation of the spell who can, to his knowledge: "The spell is a Conjuration spell which can make a gateway appear that can only be entered by the Caster and any other people designated, cat. Inside the floor plan cna be changed to anything the caster wishes within reason, and it is supplied with enough food to serve a nine-course banquet to many, many people."
Lucius then sits down to eat, afterwards (If possible) spending an hour to sit down and study his spellbook:
---
Spells Prepared:
Level 0:
Ghost Sound
Mage Hand
Daze
Resistance
Level 1:
Magic Missile
Shield

HereticNox
2009-07-14, 06:52 AM
*Thank you Lucius, you have given me much to think about."*Conjuration spell...so is any of this real...hmm*

Though these distracting thoughts are quickly forgotten in the face of Jericho's dining room. His eye's once again light up as Jericho snaps his fingers, and a delicious looking feast appears before them. As Jericho sits down, Lyndon quickly does the same. Turning to one of the servants, "A glass of wine please."

fabio
2009-07-14, 08:08 AM
Arien

Arien is stunned at the mansions splendor. He was so impressed that he could barely keep up with the rest of the party's pace as they walked through the mansion.

Seeing the dinning table, Arien's stomach abruptly reminds him of how long it's been since he had eaten. But before throwing himself into the feast, he looks back at the host and says

You're a very generous man.
And I realise we already owe you much.
But I wonder.. What do you gain from helping us?
I must confess, I'm a little afraid of what you might ask in return.
And even more afraid of the fact that.. I won't be able to refuse.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-14, 08:18 AM
Yeah....everything He said., pointing to Arien.

DJDizzy
2009-07-14, 10:17 AM
"All in good time my friends, now please, sit and eat"

Lyndon, the servant turns around and walks away, shortly after she returns with a wine pitcher and pours some in your glass, before she sets it down infront of you.

fabio
2009-07-14, 12:13 PM
Arien

The young fighter nods at the generous host.
He sits down at the dinning table and eats what is likely to be the best meal he have ever had.

Truwar
2009-07-14, 01:47 PM
Piotr

Still a bit distrustful of the series of “coincidental” circumstances that had so recently put him in the debt of this Jericho fellow. Still, it would be a tactical error not to partake in the meal offered. If Jericho wanted them dead he could have left them in prison and besides, a soldier marches on his stomach.

Sitting down at the table, Piotr nods in gracious thanks to their host and begins eating once everyone is settled.

DJDizzy
2009-07-14, 02:45 PM
After you finish eating the main course and desert, Jericho once again snaps his finger for dramatic effect and the food disappear, he gives you all a serious look.

"I know you are probably wondering why you were brought here, so I will tell you. 12 months ago, some agents of the old kornan empire, thought to be extinct infiltrated the court of Theradon." He pulls out a map like your own but this one is constantly updated by means of magic.

"We dont know how they did it, but they did it. We recently captured one of them and he said, and i qoute "Your monarchy shall fall, we have already made sure of that, the Kornan empire marches to war once more." According to our intelligence, there exists a prophecy about the 6 of you, we dont know what it is about, but it is bad enough that they imprisoned you on charges of treason against the crown"

"That is why, I must ask you this, go to the mercenary fortress in the swamplands, and plead for aid. Although they might be criminals, they know how to fight, and if we are to survive the coming storm, we need their aid. What do you say?"

Altaria87
2009-07-14, 03:11 PM
Lucius

"Though I am not quite sure what's going on, I shall gladly accept an attempt to foil the people that imprisoned us, and seek to corrupt and already appocalyptic world, whale."
After his answer, Lucius decends into his spellbook to prepare his spells.

fabio
2009-07-14, 04:51 PM
Arien

You can count me in, Jericho.
But I am no diplomat, nor a learned man or one of great riches.
I'm just a soldier.
How are we supposed to get the mercenaries on our side?
How do you know they're not already working with the Kornans?

And that's not the end of my concerns.. Even if the mercenaries help us and we defeat the infiltrated Kornan..
Won't the mercenaries feel deserving of political power in Theradon?
If we let them inside our castles.. how do we ask them to leave?

Then again, I'm just a soldier.
maybe it's not my place to make these questions.
And surely we should focus on the impending danger, rather than speculate about future issues.

Truwar
2009-07-14, 06:18 PM
Piotr

I am more than willing to rally forces against an invading army but my soldier friend has asked some very pertinent questions. How will we get the mercenaries to join us? Will you provide us with the financial means to do so, or will we be offering them something else? Whatever we offer, it is likely to be expensive, giving the rather precarious position of Theradon.

His second question is also important. What do we plan on doing with the mercenaries, once we have won them to our side? I would suggest against using them as static defense forces, for the very concerns that Arien stated. Of course, you may have already though of that but if not, I would suggest using them as a harrying force.

I have one question I would like to add. What have you found out about the military of the Kornan Empire that makes you feel we need to go to a group of what you described as criminals and plead for aid?

DJDizzy
2009-07-14, 07:52 PM
"We happen to know that the mercenary commander Kane has taken great interest in a certain artifact, that we have in our possesion, it is called the Sword of Armageddon, a most potent artifact. It will surely be enough to persuade him."
Jericho replied

"In regards to your other questions, we have no intention of using them as a defensive force, but rather an invasion force. You see, the kornan military is big, and if it were to commit all of its forces to attack, it would smash theradon to pieces, that is why we need to set up multiple fronts." He said, looking at you sternly.

"Now, please let the servants escort to your bedchambers, you leave tommorow"
Jericho stated.

As you reach your bedchambers, you see 6 separate rooms, each with a king-sized bed and several couches, recliners, tables and chairs, each room also has a lit fireplace.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-14, 08:14 PM
I will gladly accompany my fellow warriors to plead help to these mercenaries. But now, I must sleep. I haven't had a good night's rest in weeks.

HereticNox
2009-07-14, 10:20 PM
"I will gladly accompany my companions on this errand. Though I am wary of giving, as you said so yourself, a potent artifact, to a group of mercenaries. Still my knowledge of this situation is minimal, and I am sure you have weighed the risks of such a venture. So I will ensure that these mercenaries are contracted in our favor."

*Hopefully for a more reasonable price.*

With that Lyndon once again shook Jericho's hand, thanking him for the wonderful meal and for providing accommidations for everyone.

As the servants showed Lyndon his bed. Weary from the days events, he nursed a small hope that his new-found companions would not to converse into the nighty. If no conversations is to be had, Lyndon heads promptly to bed. Barely getting his armor off, before he is unconscious..

fabio
2009-07-14, 10:56 PM
Arien

Arien goes to sleep worried about what the future might hold for him.
He has nightmares all night and doesn't sleep well at all.

Albub
2009-07-14, 11:19 PM
Azariah

The cleric mumbles his approval of the mission and then heads to his bedchamber. He is asleep nearly as his head hits the pillow.

Altaria87
2009-07-15, 01:29 AM
Lucius

Lucius, having given Jericho his thanks for the meal, goes to his chambers and slips soundly into sleep, somehow, no nightmares bother him.

Truwar
2009-07-15, 10:29 AM
Piotr

Piotr thanks their host for his candor and hospitality then heads to bed, getting what rest he can in preparation for the arduous journey ahead of them.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-15, 05:13 PM
Shadehart snatches some wine up from the table as he is led to his chamber. He takes two gulps, hiccups, and then falls down on the floor on the floor of his chamber, knocked unconscious by the wine.

As he sleeps, he mumbles: Beer.....Beeeeeeer.......

DJDizzy
2009-07-16, 12:10 PM
As morning comes and you assemble down in the dining hall, you see the table already filled with breakfast and various drink, with Jericho sitting at the head of the table.

"Good morning, please feel free to eat some breakfast, you've got a long journey ahead of you, I have taken the liberty to station whatever animals you had before your rather unjust imprisonment, at the stables"

fabio
2009-07-16, 01:42 PM
Arien

Oh! You rescued Kiwi, my mule? Thank you so much! I thoguht she had been eaten by our captors or something.
Thank Palaniel she's unhurt.

Arien sits down and eats.
He's not wearing his armor nor carrying any weapons at the moment.

Altaria87
2009-07-16, 01:47 PM
Lucius

Lucius sits down at the table, after bowing slightly to Jericho, and begins to eat.
"I'm ready to go when everyone else is, I prepared my spells this morning, puppy."
---
OOC:
Prepared spells are still like last time's

Incidentally, I'm thinking of leaving my typo's in when Lucius speaks, to further amplify his craziness, would anyone be annoyed by that, or am I okay to?

Angry Rogue
2009-07-16, 04:36 PM
Still dressed in his armor, Shadehart walks into the room.
I assume you will provide us with accurate provisions for our journey, and perhaps some "compensation" for our time. After that, I am ready to leave.

HereticNox
2009-07-16, 04:47 PM
Lyndon glances at the rather brusque halfling,*I thought you were suppose to be a jolly folk*

Setting his fork down on his plate, signifying he had finished his meal. Lyndon folds his hands on the table, "Though my companion may be blunt, he does raise several valid points. We require a few necessities before our departure. Can you supply us with rations? As we won't be able to return to the city to purchase some for the trip. Most importantly which one of us, will carry the sword of storms to our destination?"

DJDizzy
2009-07-16, 04:49 PM
"We will supply you with rations and compensation, should you return alive. I have no preference on who should carry the Sword of Armageddon. But. It is of the utmost importance that you never use the sword in combat. For using the sword without the proper knowledge, could be very dangerous" Jericho stated, still eating breakfast.

Albub
2009-07-16, 10:04 PM
Azariah

I'd say the sword should either go to you, Lyndon, because you seem to be the most perceptive and most knowledgeable member of this band; or give it to the boy. He's the strongest of us, the toughest of us, and he's a devotee of the goddess. That puts him in my good books, at least.

The cleric indicates Lyndon and Arien in turn with a nod of his head.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-17, 08:01 AM
Lyndon glances at the rather blunt halfling, *I thought you were suppose to be a jolly folk*

You wouldn't be very jolly if you saw all of your friends and family's souls getting sucked out.

fabio
2009-07-17, 08:33 AM
Arien

Thank you for your trust, Azariah.
We have all just met under very unpleasent circunstances and I understand if some of you don't trust me yet.
Still, I would like to carry the sword. If Lyndon doesn't mind..

*Looking at Shadehart*

What do you mean by souls getting sucked out? What happened to your family?

Truwar
2009-07-17, 09:45 AM
Piotr

Piotr considers a moment, the addresses Jericho. Are we still wanted by the authorities? Or has that been cleared up? If we are going to be pursued by the local watch and our faces are decorating wanted posters all across the land, it may be difficult for us to complete our mission.

Altaria87
2009-07-17, 10:21 AM
Lucius

"Well it would stand to reason that we're only wanted in this city, so as long as we get out of here ASAP, we'll be fine, teabag. Also, though I am also interested in Shadeheart's remark, I think we should keep the idle chatter for when we're on the road, where we can properly introduce ourselves."

HereticNox
2009-07-17, 04:23 PM
"We will discuss that a little later Shadeheart."*Something of that nature...He may be someone to watch.*

Turning to Azariah and Arien, "It is perfectly fine if Arien carries the sword." Redirecting his attention back to Jericho, "Would it be possible to leave us somewhere out of the city.?"

DJDizzy
2009-07-17, 08:41 PM
"Sure it would, and we are still working on making you free men again." jericho said "Just tell me when you want to go, and you'll be on your way" he added

fabio
2009-07-17, 09:27 PM
Arien

"Well then! If you'll excuse me, I'll put on my armor and get my backpack ready. Maybe take one or two of these..." The young fighter snatches a couple of baked goods from the table. "You know.. For the road.. He smiles at everyone. "A fighter needs a full stomach! Oh, I'd also like to go down to the stables and check on Kiwi, my mule. How long should it be before we reach the mercenaries fortress? If I remember correctly, I only have three days worth of feed." Arien heads towards the room in which the group spent the night.

fabio
2009-07-17, 09:35 PM
Arien

"Although.. Maybe the swamplands wouldn't be the best terrain for an equestrian such as Kiwi.. I don't know.. If we were to carry heavy weight, she would be very useful! But I don't expect us to do that on this mission.." Arien looks at Jericho "I don't mean to abuse from your hospitality, but would it be too much trouble if I kept my mule and cart on your stable for a few more days? You can deduct it from my reward."

DJDizzy
2009-07-18, 05:22 AM
"The journey to the swamplands usually takes 1 week, and then the journey through the swamplands takes a week aswell. Once you reach Corath, find a man called Nicolai, he is one of us. We will provide you with 2 weeks worth of rations. And I am afraid that I cant take care of your mule while you are away" Jericho said out to you.

Altaria87
2009-07-18, 05:46 AM
Lucius

Lucius decide sto add his own input: "So you aim to dismiss the mansion once we leave then, rhino?" After that he spends a few more minutes ensuring verything he has is ready to go, and then waits near the door for everyone else.

HereticNox
2009-07-18, 07:50 AM
After checking to ensure all his equipment was in place. Lyndon hefts his backpack, and wanders to the entrance. Strapping his morningstar on the move, Lyndon purposely strides over toward Lucius.

"Ah Lucius, already to go I see. I'm sure everyone will be along soon."

Albub
2009-07-18, 04:27 PM
Azariah

After double checking to ensure he has all of his equipment on or packed, the cleric heads to the door and stands with the growing group of adventurers.

Altaria87
2009-07-18, 04:29 PM
Lucius

Lucius starts humming and doing a little dance while he waits...

---
OOC:
The dance is Caramell Dansen without the hands xD

Angry Rogue
2009-07-18, 08:28 PM
Shadehart stands and looks at Lucius strangely. He did not understand this dance.

DJDizzy
2009-07-19, 01:36 AM
"Ah, you're ready to leave I see?" Jericho said. "No need to use the door." he said as he snapped his finger again, instantly teleporting you outside. You find yourself standing in the city's stable outside of the city, your provisions already packed on a carriage with 2 horses drawing it. "I believe this should be adequate, now take this sword." He hands you a sword shaped package, packed in with silk. "It is of the utmost importance that you never use the sword, except under circumstances where you are about to be killed. Right then, just follow that road untill you reach Corath" he points to the road in front of the stable. "Good luck" Jericho says as he dissappears in a flurry of magical energy.

What do you do?

Altaria87
2009-07-19, 01:41 AM
Lucius

Lucius, snapping out of his danceytrance (TM) looks around and then adresses the party.
"Well, shall we be off?"

Angry Rogue
2009-07-19, 09:04 AM
Ok, then.

Shadehart jumps onto the carriage, waiting for the others.

Albub
2009-07-19, 10:01 PM
Azariah

The cleric hops aboard the carriage.

I'd love to ride up front, but I'm afraid I'm ill-equipped to fight off any bandits or other wayward scoundrels that might attack us. Halfling, you should probably hold that honour on account of your crossbow.

HereticNox
2009-07-20, 10:16 AM
"Why don't we take turns driving the horses. Two of us are on the cart, while four of us walk. That way if something happens, we can react and everyone will get to rest for a couple hours."

Truwar
2009-07-20, 10:39 AM
Piotr

Having never actually driven a carriage, Piotr checks his gear and climbs on top of the carriage, unlimbering a few javelins and keeping them within easy reach, in case of trouble. As he settles in he takes note of their mode of transportation, running ambush scenarios they might run into as they travel towards their destination and coming up with ways to use the carriage and the apparent talents of his party members to overcome them.

Altaria87
2009-07-20, 10:40 AM
Lucius

Lucius states his agreement with the plan, and prepares to run alongside the carriage.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-20, 11:53 AM
Shadehart agrees with the plan, and hops aboard the carriage, quickly stopping to equip his crossbow.
"Let our enemies pray they don't come across us. We shall act quick, and slaughter them for their attempted conquest of our lives."

He says this with no enthusiasm at all, concentrating on something else.

fabio
2009-07-20, 01:19 PM
Arien

Looking worried, Arien speaks to the rest of the group

Maybe we should try to disguise this sword of armaggedon somehow.. If the worst happens and we're killed by bandits on the road, they would immediatly guess this is a valuable item.
I mean, the way it is now.. all wraped in this fancy silk and everything.
I know this may sound stupid.. But what if we threw some mud on it.. and put it inside my chest among with animal feed?
Make it look just like a common sword?
Would the magic forces the work beyond my comprehension punish us somehow?

Arien is sitting in his cart, dragged by Kiwi the mule, making a very odd contrast with the beautiful carriage.

Altaria87
2009-07-20, 01:43 PM
Lucius

"I don't know about the mud, but if you put it in the animal feed chest it might be a good idea, let me check it over for a minute, I'll see if I can find anything out about the magic on the sword."

However since he doesn't unwrap the sword, he doesn't uncover anything.
---
OOC:
-Can I take 10?

DJDizzy
2009-07-21, 06:00 AM
As you lay your hands on the package, you feel the sword reverbrating, almost vibrating with magical power.

Altaria87
2009-07-21, 08:24 AM
Lucius

Lucius recoils form the magical force of the sword.
"Ok, I think it would be best if we didn't do anything with the sword, sink." He says in a worried voice, "Now, should we be off?"

fabio
2009-07-21, 09:08 AM
Arien

Yes, off to the swamplands we go!
May Palaniel's goodness be on our side.

DJDizzy
2009-07-21, 09:49 AM
You travel steadly down the road for several hours, untill you camp for the night. Infront of you, a good kilometer or so, you can see the faint glow of a rift.
Everything is quiet, almost to quiet to be natural.

Make a listen check please

HereticNox
2009-07-21, 09:58 AM
Turing to Arien, "Do you hear something?"

[roll0]

fabio
2009-07-21, 09:59 AM
Arien

[roll0]

fabio
2009-07-21, 10:00 AM
Arien

Not a thing, Lyndon.. It must be your imagination!
Worry not! The good eyes of Palaniel are watching over our group.

OOC: I think I can assume 11 was a bad roll, right? :b

DJDizzy
2009-07-21, 10:01 AM
OOC: Please post OOC chat in the OOC thread

oh and both of you hear nothing

Truwar
2009-07-21, 10:04 AM
Piotr

Piotr looks up sharply at Lyndon's question straining to hear anything in the odd silence.

Listen: [roll0]

HereticNox
2009-07-21, 10:04 AM
"Maybe..." Lyndon unbuckles his morningstar, taking it in hand. Lyndon body tenses slightly."Best stow the sword somewhere, you don't want it on your person in battle."

Spot [roll0]

fabio
2009-07-21, 10:13 AM
Arien

Unsuspicious of any danger, Arien carefully puts the sword of armaggedon on the bottom of his chest, placing some animal feed on top of it, trying to hide the valuable artifact. *Boy.. I wish I had a lock..* He stares at the chest for a while. *If I were a bandit, I would find this sword for sure! Guess I cannot let myself be defeated.* Then he speaks out loud:
brr! It's getting cold! Is there any bread left? I'm still kinda hungry.
Hey, Piotr.. No need to look so worried. There's nobody out there.

Altaria87
2009-07-21, 10:14 AM
Lucius

Lucius relaises that the rift in the distance is the rif tin which he was... born... While contemplating, Lucius looks around and listens out for things, with Boris' aid:
Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Angry Rogue
2009-07-21, 11:54 AM
hmmm.... I Wonder...

Angry Rogue
2009-07-21, 11:59 AM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

DJDizzy
2009-07-22, 12:35 AM
You all dont hear or see anything.

Altaria87
2009-07-22, 01:46 AM
Lucius

Content they are not being followed, Lucius goes to sleep.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-22, 08:17 AM
shadehart looks at the others, and then falls straight to sleep.

fabio
2009-07-22, 08:31 AM
Arien

We should take turns watching over the camp. I volunteer for the first turn.
Lyndon, you're next. Then shadehart, Piotr, Alzariah and finally Lucius.
Alright?

Altaria87
2009-07-22, 08:34 AM
Lucius

Lucius wakes up just in time for a tired "Ok then, hay... zzzz..."

Truwar
2009-07-22, 09:46 AM
Piotr

Piotr chuckles. Lucky me, the middle watch. Well I will go get my first two and a half hours of sleep. Wake me on my shift. Piotr turns in, knowing that in battle one must get all the sleep they can, where they can.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-22, 10:33 AM
Shadehart wakes when his shift starts.
He silently begins his watch.

DJDizzy
2009-07-23, 06:07 AM
The night progresses uneventful, and as the sun rises you can hear the familiar singing of birds. All of a sudden it turns very cloudy.

Altaria87
2009-07-23, 06:27 AM
Lucius

Waking up, Lucius looks to the others, unphased my the change in weather. "How do we aim to get through the rift then?"

HereticNox
2009-07-23, 06:32 AM
Waking from his slumber, Lyndon casually brushes the hair out his eyes. Looking up at the quickly clouding sky, he grumbles a little bit. Yawning, he manages to articulate, "Perfect, it looks like rain today. Who wants to do breakfast? "

Albub
2009-07-23, 08:34 AM
Azariah

That rift is going to be a problem. Hmm, there must be a bridge across somewhere. The question is, do we want to waste time looking for it?

Angry Rogue
2009-07-23, 08:56 AM
Who Cares? I want some food.

Truwar
2009-07-23, 09:50 AM
Piotr

Piotr pulls his canvas cloak out of his back and put it on in preparation for the weather. As he does so, He thinks about what he knows of the rift and the best way to cross it.

Knowledge Local: [roll0]

Altaria87
2009-07-23, 10:27 AM
Lucius

As Lucius eats one of his own lots of Trail Rations (-1 Trail Rations) he considers what he knows about the geography of the rifts:
Knowledge: Geography [roll0]

Angry Rogue
2009-07-23, 11:46 AM
Oh dear.
Shadehart looks frantically in his backpack for trail rations.
Dang it! I forgot rations! What about that pack of provisions that the creepy guy gave us? Are there any in there?

fabio
2009-07-23, 12:35 PM
Arien

Yes, Jericho provided us with enough food for this trip. They're in the carriage, I think.
Arien hops on the carriage. Oh, here they are! There you go, Shadehart.
Arien hands some food to Shadehart.
About the rift, let's just keep on going.. We'll worry about it when we get there.

DJDizzy
2009-07-23, 03:42 PM
As you get closer to the rift, you can see a bridge, It looks like it is being held up by powerfull magics. It is approximately 200 meters long and almost completely transparent. You can see the occasional floating rock bouncing of it.

Everyone make a spot check.

fabio
2009-07-23, 04:59 PM
Arien

[roll0]

Truwar
2009-07-23, 05:37 PM
Piotr

HereticNox
2009-07-23, 06:43 PM
Spot check

[roll0]

Altaria87
2009-07-24, 01:35 AM
Lucius

[roll0]

Angry Rogue
2009-07-24, 07:19 AM

DJDizzy
2009-07-24, 07:28 AM
If you have over 13, you see 3 Humanoid looking bodies of flame about the size of a gnome, although only with Torso, Head and arms, They are speeding towards you. They seem to originate from the rift.

Roll Initiative

Enemy1 [roll0]
Enemy2 [roll1]
Enemy3 [roll2]

Altaria87
2009-07-24, 07:41 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana) to identify: [roll1]
(presuming they're magical as they're coming from the rift)

Lucius gets into a fighting stance, and clears his mind, ready to cast a spell at a moment's notice.
Status block:
HP: 7
AC: 13
Spells:
Ghost Sound []
Mage Hand []
Daze []
Resistance []
Magic Missile []
Shield []

HereticNox
2009-07-24, 07:42 AM
"Ready yourselves.". As Lyndon turns to face the onslaught, his body explodes in chaotic energies. As if slowly withdraws into itself, soon forming a skin tight layer before fading from the eye completely.

Entropic Warding, Can't be tracked, and 20% miss chance for any ranged weapons (including rays. I guess that is important for some reason.)
Last 24 hours
Initiative [roll0]

To figure out what it is.
Knowledge: Arcana [roll1]
Knowledge: The Plane [roll2]
Knowledge: Religion [roll3]

Angry Rogue
2009-07-24, 08:03 AM
initiative: [roll0]

Angry Rogue
2009-07-24, 08:08 AM
Assuming I go first:

Shadehart prepares his crossbow, then fires at the first creature.

[roll0]

[roll1]

DJDizzy
2009-07-24, 08:34 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana) to identify: [roll1]
(presuming they're magical as they're coming from the rift)

Lucius gets into a fighting stance, and clears his mind, ready to cast a spell at a moment's notice.
Status block:
Spells:
Ghost Sound []
Mage Hand []
Daze []
Resistance []
Magic Missile []
Shield []

they are small fire elementals

Angry: Your bolt misses the elemental as it continues to thunder towards you.

Charge attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1] fire damage:[roll2]

If attack hits, make a reflex save DC 11

Altaria87
2009-07-24, 08:42 AM
Lucius (I presume I'm up)

Lucius waits until he has an oppurtune chance to cast a spell, so he moves backwards and gets ready to dodge any attack thrown at him, determination in his eyes.
HP 7
AC 17 (13+4 from total defence)
Spells:
No Change
Acitons Taken:
Move 20 feet away from the elementals
Total Defence
---
OOC:
(I know I should say this in the OOC Thread, but still) Can't you just roll initiative OOC, so combat is sped up slightly (we don't need to wait for eveyrone to roll before we even start)

Angry Rogue
2009-07-24, 08:58 AM
The Elemental misses Shadehart.

(I'm going to be gone for a while, so this is what I'll do on my next turn.)

Shadehart shoots his crossbow at elemental 3 (or whatevers remaining)

[roll0]

[roll1]

HereticNox
2009-07-24, 09:05 AM
Keeping a sharp eye out, Lyndon throws a blast of purple energy at the closes fire elemental.

Ranged Touch Attack [roll0] -1 if they aren't in 30ft
Eldricth Blast [roll1] -1 if not within 30ft

fabio
2009-07-24, 10:12 AM
Arien

initiative: [roll0]

Whenever Arien is able to act, he runs to the front of the group, trying to use his body to defend the rest of the group. He sees one the fire beasts already got too close to Shadehart, but the rest will have to pass through him first.
Then, Arien tries to attack the monster who attacked shadehart.

Attack roll: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

AC: 20 (using combat expertise)
HP: 11

Truwar
2009-07-24, 02:21 PM
Piotr

Piotr starts giving out orders, coordinating the party in a surprisingly effective way and giving them an advantage against the flaming creatures.

Intiative: [roll0]
Piotr will uses “bardic song” to bolster the troops, giving them a +1 to hit, dmg, and saves vs. charm and fear effects.

DJDizzy
2009-07-24, 03:11 PM
Another fire elemental scurries over to Arien and strikes him

Charge attack:

Damage: [Roll]1d4 fire damage: 1d4

DJDizzy
2009-07-24, 03:12 PM
Damage roll

[roll0] [roll1]

Altaria87
2009-07-24, 03:29 PM
Lucius (when it becomes my turn)

Wait... was that blast what I think it is... I'll ask him later, more important things right now
Moving even further away from the Elementals, Lucius concentrates his mind, and a bolt of pure force emmanates from his hand, and enerringly strikes the first elemental.
Damage: [roll0]
Spells:
Ghost Sound []
Mage Hand []
Daze []
Resistance []
Magic missile [X]
Shield
Actions:
Move a further 20 feet away from the elementals
Magic Missile on the first elemental

HereticNox
2009-07-24, 04:03 PM
Lyndon's eyes flash, and he quickly slings another ball of bright purple energy at the closest standing elemental.

Is 15 their touch AC, my attack is a ranged touch attack. I ignore armor and what not.

I love being ineffective in combat.

[roll0]

[roll1]

fabio
2009-07-24, 05:39 PM
Arien

Whenever my next turn comes up:

Ouch! You bastards this really hurts!
Arien still tries to stand in the way of two of the fire creatures.
And he takes another swing at the third one, who already got too close.

Attack: [roll0] hearing the tactical instructions from Truwar!
damage: [roll1]

AC: 20 (combat expertise)
HP: 5

Albub
2009-07-24, 08:14 PM
Azariah

Azariah casts cure light wounds on Arien.

DJDizzy
2009-07-25, 03:12 AM
Lyndon's eyes flash, and he quickly slings another ball of bright purple energy at the closest standing elemental.

Is 15 their touch AC, my attack is a ranged touch attack. I ignore armor and what not.

I love being ineffective in combat.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Your blast hits the elemental square in the face and destroys it.

Last elementals turn, Thunders towards Arien

Charge attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1] [roll2]

DJDizzy
2009-07-25, 03:17 AM
Order:
Shadeheart
Elemental1 (dead)
Lucius
Elemental2
Elemental3
Arien
Lyndon
Truwar
Albub

Shadeheart misses. Lucius you hit... strangely enough...

Elemental2

Slams arien again

1d20+3

1d4 1d4

DJDizzy
2009-07-25, 03:22 AM
Elemental2

Slams arien again

[roll0]

[roll1] [roll2]

DJDizzy
2009-07-25, 03:24 AM
Elemental3

Slams arien again

[roll0]

[roll1] [roll2]

lets just call that miss.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-25, 09:46 AM
Shadehart attacks elemental 3 with his heavy crossbow.

[roll0]

[roll1]

HereticNox
2009-07-25, 09:56 AM
"Annoyances", moving closer Lyndon raises his hand a ball of purple energy again forms above his palm. Gripping it tightly he propels it directly for the the second fire elemental.

Moving to within 30ft of the elementals

Attack, Ranged Touch
[roll0]+1

Damage
[roll1]+1 (maybe not sure if the bardic song effects this)

Still I think we just defeated both of them, maybe.

fabio
2009-07-25, 10:53 AM
Arien

Arien swings his flail at the second fire creature "Take this, you barbecue monster!"

Attack: [roll0] - hearing tactical instructions from Truwar
Damage: [roll1]

AC: 20 (combat expertise)
HP: 11, thanks to Albub! :)

DJDizzy
2009-07-25, 11:43 AM
The elemental turns to nothingness as your weapon makes contact with it.

Only 1 left.

Angry Rogue
2009-07-25, 08:30 PM
attack (xbow)

[roll0]

[roll1]

(im adding in bardic song)

Altaria87
2009-07-26, 01:22 AM
Lucius (I think it's my turn if Shadeheart just went)

Lucius steps in closer to the party, just within reach of an elemental, and then, after moving his hands in a precise spiral, causes the consciousness of the Elemental to become clouded.
Spells:
Ghost Sound []
Mage Hand []
Daze [X]
Resistance []
Magic missile [X]
Shield []
Actions:
Move within 30 feet of the last elemental
Daze on the Elemental
[Or if I cannot come within range of it, or despite the form they took, they still don't count as humanoid]
Lucius, having ran out of magic missiles, moves closer to Arien and then prepares to spring out of the way of anything thrown at him.
AC: 17
Spells:
Ghost Sound []
Mage Hand []
Daze []
Resistance []
Magic missile [X]
Shield []
Actions:
Move 20 feet towards Arien (I think it's spelled that way)
Total Defence

Truwar
2009-07-27, 09:47 AM
Piotr

Looks like it is time to engage. Piotr charges the remaining elemental, bringing his longsword to play in a series of thrusts and overhand chops.

Attack: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Albub
2009-07-27, 09:38 PM
Azariah

The cleric does his best to position himself between the remaining elemental and the wizard.

Assist Lucius

DJDizzy
2009-07-29, 09:11 AM
The elemental slams Azarius

[roll0]

Damage: [roll1] [roll2]

Truwar
2009-07-29, 10:07 AM
Piotr

Piotr moves into a flanking position on the elemental and attacks again.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Angry Rogue
2009-07-29, 01:32 PM
shadehart moves in with his crossbow, with a quick prayer to the gods of dice.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Altaria87
2009-07-29, 01:34 PM
Lucius keeps back, assessing whether use of any more spells would be worthwhile. Seing the melee fighters are handling it pretty well, Lucius once again goes into full defence.

DJDizzy
2009-07-29, 04:15 PM
The elemental shatters into pieces of fire as Piotr sword cleaves through it.

All the elementals are dead.

HereticNox
2009-07-29, 04:18 PM
Knocking off several sparks that had settled on his armor, Lyndon turns to the rest of the party. "Well done everyone, anyone hurt?"

fabio
2009-07-29, 08:15 PM
Arien

I'm alright, thanks to Azariah.
What were those creatures? I'd never seen anything like that before..

Altaria87
2009-07-30, 10:51 AM
Lucius

"Fire Elementals, beings made purely out of flames that like nothing more than to spread discord throughout the material plane. I don't remember them being here last time I was here, but then again, in this world, is anything like you remember it to be? Now, will we be going to the bridge?"
---
Yeah, in the aftermath of the battle, Lucius is slightly less crazy.

Truwar
2009-07-31, 12:20 PM
Piotr

I'm alright. We should definitely get across the bridge before we bivouac for the night. Lets put as much ground between us and here as possible. There may be more hostiles about. Piotr then climbs back on top of the carriage, then draws his sword, checking the edge closely for any damage. Satisfied, he runs an oil cloth along the weapon before returning it to his scabbard and settling in for the ride across the bride.

fabio
2009-07-31, 06:11 PM
Arien

Very well! Let's keep on going then. I have a bad feeling about this bridge, though..

Angry Rogue
2009-07-31, 09:02 PM
Shadehart shrugs his approval, then silently steps in line with the carriage.

Altaria87
2009-08-01, 03:14 AM
"Well the bridge is the only chance we've got. These rifts are dangerous... I should know..." Lucius then jumps on top of the carriage, not wishing to run along for this leg of the journey.

Albub
2009-08-01, 03:45 PM
Azariah

The big man grumbles his approval of the plan and steps in behind the carriage as the party begins to move.

DJDizzy
2009-08-04, 01:29 PM
As you continue your journey towards Corath, you eventually come to the border of the swamplands, next to the road is, what looks to be an abandoned guard tower, It looks to have been abandoned quite a long time, Outside the tower is a fireplace that looks to have recently been used. There are cart tracks leading into the swamplands.

Altaria87
2009-08-04, 02:57 PM
Lucius looks around, seeing the guard tower he says: "So, we gonna look in there, or just move down the wheelie-tracks?"

Angry Rogue
2009-08-04, 06:40 PM
it depends
shadehart takes a look at the building

[roll0] spot

[roll1] listen

DJDizzy
2009-08-04, 06:55 PM
it depends
shadehart takes a look at the building

[roll0] spot

[roll1] listen

It is a very old round guard tower standing about 30 meters tall, some of the stones at the top have fallen off, inbetween the stone cracks you can see some green stuff growing, you notice a set of stones that looks newer than the rest of the tower, the new stones looks to fill the same amount of space as a door.

fabio
2009-08-05, 09:55 AM
Arien

I think we should keep on going. We don't know what might be living inside that building. Arien lowers the tone of his voice to almost whispering we're carrying a very valuable item. I don't want it to be lost inside some old guard tower if we're attacked by monsters again.

Truwar
2009-08-05, 10:04 AM
Piotr

Piotr raises an eyebrow as he sees Shadeheart closely examining the tower. See anything interesting?

Angry Rogue
2009-08-05, 10:22 AM
hmm. there are several rocks that look newer than the ones around them...what do you think?

HereticNox
2009-08-05, 10:27 AM
"Hmm, I say we go and investigate." Jumping off the wagon, Lyndon walks over to get a closer view.

Albub
2009-08-05, 04:45 PM
Azariah

"Let's not get hasty. Some of us need to recover from that fight. Rest, prepare spells, I need to pray to Palaniel, that sort of thing. The tower will still be there in the morning, I vote we set up camp now and investigate after we've grabbed some sleep. The only complication I can think of is that we'd have to keep watch on both the surrounding wilderness and that tower, in case there's someone in there."

Altaria87
2009-08-06, 02:25 AM
"I agree with that plan!" Lucius says enthusiasticly

HereticNox
2009-08-08, 01:19 PM
Sighing Lyndon reigns his curiosity and reluctantly agrees "I suppose you are right."

fabio
2009-08-11, 07:21 AM
Arien

Well.. I'd really prefer we left the tower alone. But if you folks insist on exploring, I'll tag along.. setting camp is a good idea though, we're all tired. I'll take the first turn in watch. Azariah is next, then Lucius, Shadehart, Lyndon and Piotr.

Angry Rogue
2009-08-11, 09:36 AM
Fantastic.
Shadehart wakes up right on time for his watch, then falls back asleep when it is over.

DJDizzy
2009-08-11, 10:57 AM
The night proceeds without event. You are woken up by an earthquake, The sun hasnt come up yet, although you can see that it is about to.

Take spot checks and if you have it, knowledge geography.

Truwar
2009-08-11, 04:35 PM
Piotr

Pitor’s eyes snap open at the feel of the earthquake’s shaking. Quickly getting his bearings, he scans the terrain, looking for any kind of indication of damage done.

HereticNox
2009-08-11, 04:59 PM
As the ground began to gently vibrate, softly muttered words escape from Lyndon mouth, "Oh...hello..." As the ground began to raise in intensity, Lyndon wakes and pushes himself up, "What is going on here." Looking around, he tries to spot the source of the trouble.

[roll0]

fabio
2009-08-12, 02:52 PM
Arien

Albub
2009-08-13, 06:35 PM
Azariah

1d20+3

Angry Rogue
2009-08-13, 07:06 PM
[roll0]

DJDizzy
2009-08-15, 09:19 AM
If you get over 15 you notice that the tower seems slightly taller than it did when you went to bed last night, however the patch of new stones appear not to have moved.

Albub
2009-08-17, 10:40 PM
Azariah

Gentlemen, I propose we explore the interior of this tower as soon as possible. It is calling our name, calling to our destiny. our future lies in it.

fabio
2009-08-18, 07:35 AM
Arien

Alright, I'll come along.. Says the young warrior not in the most cheerful tone.

Truwar
2009-08-18, 10:52 AM
Piotr

Piotr eyes the tower closely. Is it just me, or is that tower taller than it was yesterday?

Angry Rogue
2009-08-18, 06:34 PM
I don't know, and I don't care. But let's get in there and kill something. I hope.

HereticNox
2009-08-19, 01:24 PM
Lyndon looks curiously at the tower, "I wonder, is it magic or something else entirely."

Spellcraft
[roll0]
Knowledge Arcana
[roll1]
Knowledge religion/planes just in case.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Albub
2009-08-21, 05:08 PM
Azariah

"In retrospect, don't we have a mission to complete? I mean, that tower has piqued my curiosity in a big way; but won't our employer be rather displeased if he discovers we wasted time exploring a dusty old keep? And maybe it's just me, but I think he probably has ways of checking up on us."

Altaria87
2009-08-22, 02:28 AM
"I'M BACK BITCHES! Wait... why did I say that I've been here the whole time, sqiggle." Lucius then walks over to the rest of the party and suggests. "Maybe we should keep time and if we take more than two hours we leave?"

Angry Rogue
2009-08-22, 04:19 PM
Fine. I'm walking in there now, if you want to follow, fine, if you don't, your share of the loot is mine.

DJDizzy
2009-08-23, 07:09 AM
Shadehart, as you enter the tower you see unlit torches that flicker to life when you step into the tower. In the middle you see 2 rotten chairs and a rotten table. Alongside the wall there is a spiralling staircase going both up and down.

Altaria87
2009-08-23, 11:02 AM
[OOC: I presume I see the same thing]
Lucius walks into the room and sees the staircase going down. "I call exploring the cellar!"

Angry Rogue
2009-08-23, 03:31 PM
shadehart looks at the staircase. probably some more gold for me in the cellar. I'll go with you. (referring to lucius)

Truwar
2009-08-24, 11:16 AM
Piotr

More food or more rotten potatoes. Piotr shrugs and follows his companions down into the cellar.

fabio
2009-08-24, 01:45 PM
Arien

Arien follows the group, not too excited about exploring the place.

Albub
2009-08-24, 06:28 PM
Azariah

The cleric agrees to the two-hour time limit, and follows the rest of the group.

DJDizzy
2009-08-28, 09:20 AM
As you descend down into the cellar of the tower, you notice no signs of decay or wear at all, No cobwebs are hanging about, the stair seems to get more fresh and healthy-looking the further you go down. The torches flutter to life as you pass them. You spend a good 2 minutes walking down the winding stair. As you reach the bottom, you emerge in a wide stone room, with a wooden floor. The torches alongside the wall lights up immidiately when you enter.

At the end is a door, What do you do?

HereticNox
2009-08-29, 09:47 AM
Eyeing the walls and floor, Lyndon face shows a small amount of surprise."Not quite what I was expecting, though much more interesting." Pointing to the door, "Who wants to open the door?"

Albub
2009-08-29, 04:39 PM
Azariah

"I can say with confidence that I do not want to open that door. I will do everything in my power to render aid to the brave soul that does open it, but I don't have the guts for it."

DJDizzy
2009-08-29, 05:18 PM
"Oh yes small sentients, Open the door" A maniac voice cackles in your mind.

fabio
2009-08-30, 03:20 PM
Arien

Step back, my friends. Prepare your spells, draw you weapons. Let me open this door.

Arien tries to open the door.

DJDizzy
2009-08-31, 10:15 AM
The door swings open as your hand approach the handle, and reveals a stone wall behind it. "Ahahaha, tried to enter my house did you? Try something more... Creative next time. Ahahahaha"

Altaria87
2009-09-02, 06:19 AM
Lucius

Lucius steps up to the door and blows a rasberry. "Forget creative just come out and face us like a man"

Truwar
2009-09-02, 04:06 PM
Piotr

Piotr searches the area around the stairway, looking for an alternate entrance.

Knowledge Architecture: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

Albub
2009-09-03, 05:26 PM
Azariah

"Hmm, I think this is a sign, let's not stray from our mission any longer."

HereticNox
2009-09-05, 07:56 AM
"You may be right, or it could be a sign for us to keep going."

Raising his voice, in attempt to ensure he would be heard, "What is this place, is it your home?"

DJDizzy
2009-09-07, 10:56 AM
"Why yes, this is my home, quite beatiful it is, isn't it?" The voice cackles. "To pass you must prove yourself worthy, and bring me a sacrifice, be it anything, however it must be worthy, or, you can answer a riddle, What do you state?"

Altaria87
2009-09-07, 01:36 PM
[[OOC: Ooh a riddle!]]
IC: "Ooh a riddle! I think we'll take that eh, guys?"

Albub
2009-09-08, 04:16 PM
Azariah

"A riddle will have to be it, we've nothing of value with us."

HereticNox
2009-09-12, 11:27 AM
Lyndon smiles at the prospect of the riddle. "Lets have it then"

DJDizzy
2009-09-14, 08:48 AM
"A hoard of rings am I,
but no fit gift for a bride;
I await a sword's kiss.

What am I?" The voices speaks almost monotonous now

Truwar
2009-09-14, 10:20 AM
Piotr

Piotr looks at the others. My guess would be chainmail.

HereticNox
2009-09-14, 12:24 PM
Lyndon smiles, "Indeed that was my guess as well."

DJDizzy
2009-09-14, 04:47 PM
"Oh Piotr, you are quite right, feel free to enter my sanctuary, but the rest must stay behind untill my riddles they answered have" the voice cackles as the door swings open to reveal a long passageway.