PDA

View Full Version : Headbands in the playgound

Berserk Monk
2009-07-13, 08:18 PM
Just wondering if anyone wears 'um. I got to keep the hair out of my face, and being so against ponytails as I am, I'm wondering if headbands aren't just for chicks, hippies, sports types, or martial artist.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2009-07-13, 08:27 PM
I wear a bandanna as a headband, from time to time.

Nameless
2009-07-13, 08:40 PM
Damn, I thought the title said "Headbangers in the Playground"
*leaves*

:smalltongue:

valadil
2009-07-13, 08:49 PM
I prefer a ponytail but sometimes go with the bandana. It's a little too hardcore for me though so I usually reserve it for the gym or concerts.

Coidzor
2009-07-13, 08:53 PM
My RA got several of the guys on our hall my freshman year to imitate him in cutting the sleeves off of plain white t-shirts and using them as headbands.

Agamid
2009-07-13, 09:01 PM
i sometimes wear a tube bandana around, which i guess is kind of like a very long headband.
I have to wear it over my eyes at night because i sleep with my eyes open and thus am disturbed by any light in my room, even the light from my stereo.

Berserk Monk
2009-07-13, 09:12 PM
I'm not too fond of bandanas. I'm just wondering if I should make/wear a jewel encrusted headband. The stone would probably be set in the center to look like a cross between a crown/wizard's accessory. I'm just wondering how socially odd it might look for me to wear something like that (granted I wear over twenty pounds of metal when awake on average, one item being a chainmail vest, but I feel as though I have to draw the line somewhere).

Ninja Chocobo
2009-07-13, 09:27 PM
I'm just wondering if I should make/wear a jewel encrusted headband. The stone would probably be set in the center to look like a cross between a crown/wizard's accessory.

This sounds like a tiara to me (yes it would be very socially odd).

OverdrivePrime
2009-07-13, 09:31 PM
I have been wearing my favorite brown bandanna as a headband since 7 this morning. Unemployment has seen my headband wearing increase by a factor of twenty, at least. Lately I've really been diggin' em, and have been contemplating making my own to accommodate my rather gigantic skull. :smallbiggrin:

Berserk Monk
2009-07-13, 09:32 PM
This sounds like a tiara to me (yes it would be very socially odd).

Damn. What about a chain for a headband?

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-07-13, 10:46 PM
I wear a headband over my ears instead of a toque during the frigid Saskatchewan winters. Not only is it just as warm, since my thick hair is enough for the top of my head (but not my poor, flaky ears), but it generally keeps my hair unmessed-up.

Rutskarn
2009-07-13, 11:18 PM
Headbands: The new hats? Page 32 (http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/day09_english.htm)