PDA

View Full Version : The Gnomish Face Diver

Frojoe21
2005-10-08, 08:57 PM
Inspired by events from the Sea of Starry night PBP.

Gnomish Face Diver
D6

Prerequisites:

Race: Gnome
Skills: Climb 4 ranks, Jump 8 ranks, Tumble 8 ranks
Feats: Athletic, Combat Expertise
Special: Must have Successfully jumped off the face, shoulders or back of at least a medium sized subject and landed a distance of at least 15 feet away from the subject

Skill Points per level: 2+int
Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Jump (Str), Perform (Cha), Ride (Dex), Tumble (Dex)

1.1: The gnomish Face Diver{table]
Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special

+0
+0
+2
+0
Focused Jumper, Diving Attack +1

+1
+0
+3
+0
Piggyback

+2
+1
+3
+1
Diving Attack +2, Diving Stunt

+3
+1
+4
+1
Mantis Legs

+3
+2
+4
+2
Diving Attack +3, Diving Stunt

[/table]

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
Gnomish Face Divers gain no proficiency with any weapons or armor

Diving Attack (Ex)
At 1st level, after jumping off the face, shoulders or back of a medium sized creature, a Gnomish Face Diver may make a DC 15 jump check. If the check is sucessful, she may make a charge attack at an opponent at most 15 feet away from her with a +1 competence bonus to attack rolls and damage. At 2nd and 3rd level, this bonus to attacks and damage increase by +1. Reach weapons may not be used for a Diving attack.

Focused Jumper (Ex)
A Gnomish Face Diver with 5 or more ranks in Concentration gains a +2 synergy bonus on jump checks. For each additional 5 ranks she has, this bonus increases by +1.

Piggyback (Ex)
A Gnomish Face Diver may make a DC 15 climb check to get on the face, shoulders or back of a willing subject who is of at least Medium size. For an unwilling subject, the DC increases by 2 plus the unwilling subject's wisdom bonus. While piggybacking an unwilling subject, both Gnomish Face Diver and subject are considered to be in a grapple. A Gnomish face diver can use her Ranks in Climb instead of her normal grapple bonus to escape a grapple and end up on the subject's head.

Diving Stunt (Ex)
At 3rd and 5th level, a Gnomish Face Diver may choose one of the following Diving Stunts:
Bonus Feat: A Gnomish Face Diver Gains one of the following bonus feats: Acrobatic, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Mobility, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Jump or tumble only) or Toughness
Diving Feint: While making a Diving attack, a gnomish face diver may make feint as a free action. However, the subject of the feint gains +5 to the sense motive check
Diving Flurry: While making a diving attack, a Gnomish Face Diver gains an extra attack at a -2 penalty
Spinning Assault: While making a Diving attack, a gnomish face diver gains the benefits of the Whirlwind Attack feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites
Springboard Attack: When making a Diving attack, if the target is felled, a Gnomish face diver may make a DC 18 jump check to make another Diving attack a target within 10 ft of the previous one
Spray Attack: While making a Dive attack, instead of making a charge attack, a Gnomish Face Diver may instead insteat attack everyone in a 10 ft radius with a barrage of throwing weapons (Reflex DC 15 + the Gnomish Face Diver's class level negates). A gnomish face diver must have an appropriate number of throwing weapons with her, and after a spray attack, she is considered prone for 1 round.

Mantis Legs (EX)
A gnomish face diver may take 10 on a jump under any circumstances

Sample Gnomish Face Diver

Lench, Female Gnome monk 6, Gnomish Face Diver 5; Small Humanoid; HD 6d8+5d6+11 (69hp); Init +6; Spd 40ft; AC 22, touch 19, flat-footed 14; Base Attk/Grp +7/+7; Attk +6/+6/+3 melee (1d6, Unarmed Strike) or +10/+5 (1d4+2, +2 cold iron handaxe); SA Diving Attack +3, Diving Flurry, Flurry of Blows, Ki Strike: Magic, Springboard Attack; SQ Evasion, Focused Jumper, Gnome Traits, Mantis Legs, Piggyback, Purity of body, Still mind, Slow fall 30ft; AL LN; Sv Fort +7, Ref +14, Will +14; Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8

Skills and Feats: Balance +18, Climb +4, Concentration +11, Craft +0, Diplomacy -1, Escape Artist +4, Hide, Jump +16, Knowledge (arcana) +0, Knowledge (religion) +0, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Perform -1, Profession +4, Sense Motive +4, Spot +4, Swim +3, Tumble +20, Athletic, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Grapple, Mobilit, Monastic Training (Gnomish Face Diver)

Posessions: +2 Cold Iron Handaxe, Bracers of Armor +3, Parapait of wisdom +2, Gloves of Dexterity +2, Ring of sustainance, 2 flasks of Alchemists Fire, 300gp

EDIT: Bolded table, added springboard attack
EDIT EDIT: Added sample Gnomish Face Diver

Vikingkingq
2005-10-08, 09:27 PM
Oooh - I have an idea. Why not create a combo spring attack/cleave? The idea being that if you can successfully
dive off a subject and land one someone's face that you
then springboard the momentum onto another face!

Frojoe21
2005-10-08, 09:39 PM
Good idea. I'm glad I thought of it ;D

Vikingkingq
2005-10-08, 09:45 PM
Oops....didn't see Springboard Attack.

HempRope
2005-10-09, 01:13 PM
Yay! Glad to see that you've actually done it. I'm linking in SoSN...

I hereby revoke my endorsement of its balance.

If enyone were ever to create a gnome ninja, they could become invisible, and then jump on 4 opponents, getting a full attack against each, complete with Sudden Strike...

Or a Monk could Flurry of Blows four opponents in a single round? No.

I think the character could take, at most, their total # of attacks, and may make any number of them on any single opponent, but no more attakcs than that. It could be used in conjunction with Flurry of Blows, but you could not Flurry four opponents. That's just wrong.

The_King_of_Durf
2005-10-09, 01:41 PM
:o You actually did it!

Bravo, an amazing class!

Seerow
2005-10-09, 01:47 PM
It seems to me that halflings should be able to take this class.

Quite possibly only because I see Belkar enjoying it a lot, but oh well.

Phasm
2005-10-09, 08:40 PM
I love it! ;D Now I just need to put some ranks in Lissa's Tumble skill and give her the feats (next time she gets them) so she can be an official Face Diver... ;)

And I concur, it should be open to halflings who meet a Gnomish Face Diving master willing to teach them the art of boinking off your allies to reach your enemies. Belkar and his halfling rage jumping attack would be perfect, if he could get along with someone long enough for them to teach him.

EDIT: Ooh, you should add a Chicken diving stunt! Something where the Face Diver can move with a willing subject for a certain amount of time or distance. That would allow a Diver to 'mount' from relative safety, then launch once the two reach the fray. And maybe add a willing subject's Str bonus for distance, because he's giving the Diver a boost?

Man, the mental images here... ::cracks up::

Lysander
2005-10-09, 08:50 PM
Two men enter. One man leaves.

Super_Ashura
2005-10-10, 12:59 AM
*cough* Flyby attack *cough*