PDA

View Full Version : Nanoha vs. Negima

Prime32
2009-07-19, 04:56 PM
Two series with misleading openings - the characters of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha versus the characters of Mahou Sensei Negima

Nanoha could be paired up in a fight with Negi due to main character status, but thematically Fate is a better match.

Then there's the other characters - Asuna vs. Subaru anyone?

If we take universes as a whole, having a bunch of dimension-hopping spaceships that fire black holes gives the Midchildians a pretty big advantage (giant demon soldiers are cool, but they can't attack from orbit), but in smaller-scale battles I think they're the underdogs.

Dragonus45
2009-07-19, 05:13 PM
Thats a tough one, but i think the guys orbiting ships might be in for a suprise when Jack Rakan come a calling.

Prime32
2009-07-19, 05:14 PM
Thats a tough one, but i think the guys orbiting ships might be in for a suprise when Jack Rakan come a calling.Everyone is surprised when Jack Rakan comes a calling. Constantly. And by "surprised" I mean their jaws are somewhere in China.

Based on prior experience, Jack would pull a sword three times the size of a battleship out of nowhere, throw it straight up, then jump and somehow surf it into space as it takes out half the fleet. He would then take an Arc-en-Ciel directly to the face, which does nothing. He shouts about how "That stung, dammit!" as he punches a battleship so hard it explodes. Overhearing (through illogical means) that one of the TSAB's officers has an attack called Starlight Breaker, he will then somehow fire an exact duplicate of it out of his ear based solely on its name. This will be at several thousand times its normal power, despite being fired in a region where no magic exists.

Or he might decide to do nothing. Rakan is hardly the most predictable guy around.

Oslecamo
2009-07-19, 06:31 PM
First, anybody who tries to witness this will be permanently blinded/deafened.

If they're fighting in some place where colateral damage isn't an issue, then the bastard daughter of CCS and DBZ, aka Nahoa, wins hands down. Becoming a giant lighting is cool and stuff, but the staff girl is blowing up war battleships as a job.

Even if they're trying not to blow up the world, well, Negima is still a gentleman, and Nahoa is a not so shy girl, so eventually Negi-Kun will lower his guard and get owned.

Rakan would probably put a better fight no doubt, but if he tries anything naughty(he will) ,then Nahoa would enter rage mode and you better run to the nearest solar system.

The space fleet will still be screwed however. You don't mess with the guy who breacks alternate realities by flexing his muscles.

lisiecki
2009-07-19, 07:33 PM
Nanoha...
But only because I believe that Raging Heart thirsts for the deaths of all beings

Rogue 7
2009-07-19, 08:21 PM

If they're fighting in some place where colateral damage isn't an issue, then the bastard daughter of CCS and DBZ, aka Nahoa, wins hands down. Becoming a giant lighting is cool and stuff, but the staff girl is blowing up war battleships as a job.

Even if they're trying not to blow up the world, well, Negima is still a gentleman, and Nahoa is a not so shy girl, so eventually Negi-Kun will lower his guard and get owned.

Negi never had such a huge problem with hitting girls, and any sort of thing Nanoha tries to surprise him with, Negi's just going to sort of shrug off, because he has undoubtedly seen it all before. And I think Negi has just as much ability to blow $%^& up as Nanoha, with his Thousand Bolts spell among other things. I wouldn't put odds on any one fighter.

Saying that, Setsuna vs. Signum. How much would you pay for that?

Nerd-o-rama
2009-07-19, 08:39 PM
Saying that, Setsuna vs. Signum. How much would you pay for that?From what I heard about Setsuna last time she came up in one of these, I would probably die of combination awesome and nosebleed.

Rogue 7
2009-07-19, 08:49 PM
From what I heard about Setsuna last time she came up in one of these, I would probably die of combination awesome and nosebleed.

Amen to that, my friend.

Dragonus45
2009-07-19, 08:54 PM
Everyone is surprised when Jack Rakan comes a calling. Constantly. And by "surprised" I mean their jaws are somewhere in China.

Based on prior experience, Jack would pull a sword three times the size of a battleship out of nowhere, throw it straight up, then jump and somehow surf it into space as it takes out half the fleet. He would then take an Arc-en-Ciel directly to the face, which does nothing. He shouts about how "That stung, dammit!" as he punches a battleship so hard it explodes. Overhearing (through illogical means) that one of the TSAB's officers has an attack called Starlight Breaker, he will then somehow fire an exact duplicate of it out of his ear based solely on its name. This will be at several thousand times its normal power, despite being fired in a region where no magic exists.

Or he might decide to do nothing. Rakan is hardly the most predictable guy around.

I have never heard a more beautiful description of Jack's Jackness. You sir win an INTERNET.

Dispozition
2009-07-19, 09:13 PM
I would pay to see all of these match ups...Can someone make an actual studio make them? Because it would be made of pure win and awesome and epic...At least 400% of each :D

Negi vs Nanoha
I'd go for Negi due to his amazing ability to react to changes in his opponent and change his strategy to meet them. He's also trained in martial arts, giving an advantage over Nanoha.

Signum vs Setsuna
Setsuna...Totally. Because she's just that awesome.
But really, I'd call this a draw. Both have insane sword skills, both have magic. Equal game.

Asuna vs Subaru
Asuna, hard. Asuna is a better fighter and has the magic canceler, which I presume would work in the Nanoha universe.

Drascin
2009-07-20, 01:34 AM
Now, I'm not going to intervene here because I've only watched the first arc of Negima and so don't know enough, but a small correction:

Asuna vs Subaru
Asuna, hard. Asuna is a better fighter and has the magic canceler, which I presume would work in the Nanoha universe.

Probably, but the point is Subaru doesn't actually need to use the standard thing they call "magic". Cyborg, remember? It was a plot point in StrikerS that the cyborgs weren't diminished in the magic-absorbing fields, while the people of the TSAB were, which caused problems. So a canceler would probably work on everyone except Subaru, actually :smalltongue:.

Prime32
2009-07-20, 07:15 AM
Now, I'm not going to intervene here because I've only watched the first arc of NegimaWatched? As in, the anime? *hiss* (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AdaptationDecay)

Still, Subaru wouldn't be able to use her Divine Buster on Asuna.

Waht about Mana vs. Teana? Note that when she was younger Mana had a magic card which turned into a pair of pistols. :smalltongue:

Oslecamo
2009-07-20, 07:15 AM
Negi never had such a huge problem with hitting girls, and any sort of thing Nanoha tries to surprise him with, Negi's just going to sort of shrug off, because he has undoubtedly seen it all before. And I think Negi has just as much ability to blow $%^& up as Nanoha, with his Thousand Bolts spell among other things. I wouldn't put odds on any one fighter.

Sure, Negi is a very heavy hitter himself, and indeed has pretty much managed to overcome his problems with hiting girls but he really lacks ambition.

This is, all that power and what's the best he can remember? Go into an arena matches?

Nahoa, on the other hand, goes around saving reality as we know it and time traveling as her day job.

Time traveling being the key part. Negi still hasn't mastered that art. He needed the power of the world tree at his peack to pull that off.

Also Negi still hasn't mastered rage mode. He actually seems to get weacker when angry. He does seem to get power from emo mode in return.

Really, it's like comparing DB to DBZ. Negi has potential, but he just hasn't entered the stage where you're traveling trough space blowing up whatever comes into your way. For now he just plays arena matches and faces the ocasional challenger that appears into his way. When he starts playing "screw the rules, I have power!" then he will be ready to give a fair match to Nahoa.

Prime32
2009-07-20, 07:20 AM
Sure, Negi is a very heavy hitter himself, and indeed has pretty much managed to overcome his problems with hiting girls but he really lacks ambition.Huh? Many characters admire Negi precisely because he is so driven.

This is, all that power and what's the best he can remember? Go into an arena match? I'm not sure what you mean.

Nahoa, on the other hand, goes around saving reality as we know it and time traveling as her day job.

Time traveling being the key part. Negi still hasn't mastered that art. He needed the power of the world tree at his peack to pull that off.Wait, what? When did Nanoha ever travel through time? How is that relevant to a fight? Besides, he masters the Cassiopeia well enough to use it as a shield.

Really, it's like comparing DB to DBZ. Negi has potential, but he just hasn't entered the stage where you're traveling trough space blowing up whatever comes into your way. For now he just plays arena matches and faces the ocasioanl challenger that appears into his way.And Nanoha does fly through space blowing stuff up at random? Negi fought the aforementioned Jack Rakan to a draw. If he pulled off his absorption technique on Starlight Breaker Nanoha would be in for a world of hurt.

Zeful
2009-07-21, 02:24 AM
Sure, Negi is a very heavy hitter himself, and indeed has pretty much managed to overcome his problems with hiting girls but he really lacks ambition.

This is, all that power and what's the best he can remember? Go into an arena matches? Are you talking about Chao's tournament or the Magic world tournament? The latter has Negi at nearly Jack Rakan level of power, and the ability to use a lightning spell to turn himself into electricity, a spell that allows him to duplicate and use his opponents attack (which he designed from scratch in a month).

And lacking ambition? Are you reading the same manga? Ambition is what made Negi who he is. He nothing if not ambitions.

Nahoa, on the other hand, goes around saving reality as we know it and time traveling as her day job.It took Negi minutes to master the use of Cassiopeia in combat, starting without a functional knowledge of it.

Also Negi still hasn't mastered rage mode. He actually seems to get weacker when angry. He does seem to get power from emo mode in return. Magica Ereba also gave negi the ability to absorb any spell he has access to to enhance himself. He specializes in wind and lightning magic, which can enhance his speed to the freaking speed of light, which against Rakan, who had seen it all, meant nothing. Against someone without that 40 years of experience, the thousand-bolts enhancement would make Negi unbeatable. Coupled with his other tricks (judo style magical redirection and absorption, magic enhanced martial arts) he could crush the unprepared before they realized that he moved. And with his pactio artifact, he can pull the ability to magic cancel out of now where in seconds. Or read minds, or make art real, heal himself, generate daggers out of thin air, have the cape base, hack computers and magic networks, or get the book that can get him any information his predecessors have stored.

Really, it's like comparing DB to DBZ. Negi has potential, but he just hasn't entered the stage where you're traveling trough space blowing up whatever comes into your way. For now he just plays arena matches and faces the ocasional challenger that appears into his way. When he starts playing "screw the rules, I have power!" then he will be ready to give a fair match to Nahoa.I doubt it. Negi is closing the gap to Jack Rakan's level of power. And he's ambitious and inventive, he's changed strategies on the fly before. And he can cancel magic. The only way Nahoa has a chance is to one-hit ko Negi as the opening act. Which I don't know if she can do (as I've never seen/read the series).

Cubey
2009-07-21, 03:24 AM
Wait, what? When did Nanoha ever travel through time? How is that relevant to a fight?

I think Oslecamo mistook Midchilda for THE WORLD OF TOMORROW. Which it isn't. It's a different planet. Despite looking like Japan turned into Mary Sue-topia in the future.

Or maybe he meant that Nanoha is so powerful that she can use her powers to break down physics? Like TTGL, which could hit strong enough to rip a hole in the dimension?

(The second theory isn't serious.)

Also, this thread is full of win.

gods2war
2010-11-25, 06:14 AM

Rakan would probably put a better fight no doubt, but if he tries anything naughty(he will) ,then Nahoa would enter rage mode and you better run to the nearest solar system.

The space fleet will still be screwed however. You don't mess with the guy who breacks alternate realities by flexing his muscles.

Since when has nanoha been the daughter of dbz? the most damage i remember being done was when nanoha made an explosion the size of a city. not once did she ever come close to blowing up the world. this is nanoha and negima not dbz, tenchi muyo, or galactus from marvel were talking about here.

Zeb The Troll
2010-11-25, 06:22 AM
Troll Patrol: Yeah, this one's just a wee bit past the expiration date.