PDA

View Full Version : Quirky crossovers

Prime32
2009-07-19, 05:11 PM
If a character from one universe being sent to another would cause... funny things (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerCreepPowerSeep) to happen.

To start, if the spirit powers in Bleach are considered a form of magic... and Hueco Mundo has massive quantities of spirit particles in the air... dump Nanoha Takamachi in there and point her at Las Noches. Three words: Continuous Starlight Breaker. That's one story arc which could be skipped completely. :smallbiggrin:

Similarly, if Archer from Fate/stay Night somehow found himself in the Bleach-verse he could become ungodly powerful very quickly, since there are no laws against spirits and everyone gets their powers from their swords.

Just to pick on Ichigo and pals some more, the characters from Shaman King could screw them up royally with their spirit-controlling powers.

Piedmon_Sama
2009-07-19, 05:54 PM
Captain America should become ridiculously OP in any Shounen action series, since the Super-Soldier Serum pushed him to "the peak of human potential..."

darkblade
2009-07-19, 09:40 PM
Captain America should become ridiculously OP in any Shounen action series, since the Super-Soldier Serum pushed him to "the peak of human potential..."

Taking it the other direction as "The world's number one detective" if L were to cross over into Western comicbooks he upgrades into the goddamn Batman.

Prime32
2009-07-20, 07:24 AM
Taking it the other direction as "The world's number one detective" if L were to cross over into Western comicbooks he upgrades into the goddamn Batman.Correction: L is the world's three top detectives. I'm... not entirely sure how that would work out.

darkblade
2009-07-20, 07:59 AM
Correction: L is the world's three top detectives. I'm... not entirely sure how that would work out.

Batman+The Question+Someone else?

Piedmon_Sama
2009-07-20, 03:15 PM
Probably this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Terrific_(Michael_Holt)). One of DC's most criminally underused characters. >_>

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-21, 01:22 AM
Totally different, but still a quirky crossover:

Barney from How I Met your Mother meets Charlie from 2 Men. :smallsmile:

chiasaur11
2009-07-21, 01:26 AM

Detective Chimp.

Batman's only the best human detective. Bobo's the real champ.

Ravens_cry
2009-07-21, 01:52 AM
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/669/rpgmotivationalposterst.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/rpgmotivationalposterst.jpg/)
I thought this one was pretty high on the awesome scale. I unfortunately have no idea where the original image came from.

Zeful
2009-07-21, 02:36 AM
To start, if the spirit powers in Bleach are considered a form of magic... and Hueco Mundo has massive quantities of spirit particles in the air... dump Nanoha Takamachi in there and point her at Las Noches. Three words: Continuous Starlight Breaker. That's one story arc which could be skipped completely. :smallbiggrin:This would only work if the magic in the Nanoha universe is a seperate form of matter (soul society is made of reiatsu molecules), otherwise, it's a jump of logic to deliberately give a specific advantage.

Similarly, if Archer from Fate/stay Night somehow found himself in the Bleach-verse he could become ungodly powerful very quickly, since there are no laws against spirits and everyone gets their powers from their swords.Does Archer know the names every sword he has access to? Further, those swords are living expressions of the wielder's soul/personality. I doubt he could use them as anything other than swords.

Just to pick on Ichigo and pals some more, the characters from Shaman King could screw them up royally with their spirit-controlling powers.Anna is the only really dangerous one to the shinigami, and the best she can do is send them to soul society. I don't think any shaman has forced unity with a ghost.

Though for some food for thought Hou/Zeke and Yamato, working together.

hanzo66
2009-07-21, 06:10 AM
I've always thought of how Dr. McNinja would do if he were to end up in the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann setting...

Eldan
2009-07-21, 06:28 AM
Dr. McNinja already involves characters from all kinds of genres. On the other hand, if we take people with ridiculous willpower and determination and move them to TTGL...

JabberwockySupafly
2009-07-21, 07:26 AM
Quirky Crossovers?
Why, good sirs and madams, the greatest Quirky Crossover has already been concieved and is being created as we speak...

(spoiler'd due to sheer awesomeness.)

http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/031709_goon_vs_dethklok.jpg

Yes, that is Eric Powell's The Goon. Yes, that is Brendan Small's Dethklok. This is not a shopped image. The Goon Vs. Metalocalypse is actually going to happen. They just haven't announced when...

darkblade
2009-07-21, 08:22 AM
Quirky Crossovers?
Why, good sirs and madams, the greatest Quirky Crossover has already been concieved and is being created as we speak...

http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/031709_goon_vs_dethklok.jpg

Yes, that is Eric Powell's The Goon. Yes, that is Brendan Small's Dethklok. This is not a shopped image. The Goon Vs. Metalocalypse is actually going to happen. They just haven't announced when...

Link or it didn't happen. After the Hellboy crossover I didn't think The Goon could get anymore crazy awesome with crossovers.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-07-21, 11:30 AM
This would only work if the magic in the Nanoha universe is a seperate form of matter (soul society is made of reiatsu molecules), otherwise, it's a jump of logic to deliberately give a specific advantage.The fact that Starlight Breaker focuses "residual magic" from previously cast spells implies that "magic" in Nanoha does work this way, as does the simple fact that magic is pretty much used like electrical power by the TSAB-administered civilization.

chiasaur11
2009-07-21, 12:05 PM
Quirky Crossovers?

This.

Wednesday.

(You are now freaking out.)

Faulty
2009-07-21, 12:46 PM

Sherlock Holmes?

darkblade
2009-07-21, 01:34 PM
This.

Wednesday.

(You are now freaking out.)

As in tomorrow? :smallbiggrin:

Joran
2009-07-21, 01:48 PM
Odd crossovers I saw while browsing a comic book store:

Star Trek and X-Men

Superman and War of the Worlds

I'm so confused.

darkblade
2009-07-21, 02:08 PM
Star Trek and X-Men

Was made just for two jokes. Comparing Picard and Xavier's appearances and to have someone ask for "Dr. McCoy" and be answered by both Bones McCoy and Beast McCoy. So yeah it was cheesy.

Superman and War of the Worlds

Was terrible all around.

Ravens_cry
2009-07-21, 04:09 PM
Was made just for two jokes. Comparing Picard and Xavier's appearances and to have someone ask for "Dr. McCoy" and be answered by both Bones McCoy and Beast McCoy. So yeah it was cheesy.

I read the novel. It was a gift from a friend, but gah, 'twas pretty bad.

pita
2009-07-21, 04:18 PM
Superman vs. Predator, and Batman vs. Alien.

hamishspence
2009-07-21, 04:22 PM
I read the novel. It was a gift from a friend, but gah, 'twas pretty bad.

If thats the comic book, there is a sequel- Star Trek novel, the X-men in the TNG universe.

Possibly not quite as bad.

Batman is probably the king of crossovers, with numerous heroes/villains from other franchises making some kind of appearance. Judge Dredd. Dracula.

(though the Dracula one is closer to an Elseworlds concept.

Prime32
2009-07-21, 04:28 PM
I think this thread is getting derailed. While things like Archie Meets The Punisher (http://monitosefervescentes.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/archie-punisher-1.jpg) are fun, I was asking for odd things which could happen as the result of combining things from different universes (based on a comment in another thread about Samus Aran bonding with a Guyver unit and going on dimension-hopping adventures).

Hang on, I just inspired myself... Samus integrates TARDIS technology into her Power Suit. :smalltongue: The possibilities are endless.

Ravens_cry
2009-07-21, 04:31 PM
If thats the comic book, there is a sequel- Star Trek novel, the X-men in the TNG universe.

Possibly not quite as bad.

Yes, it was the TNG novel sequel. The best part was them Treknobabbleing Nightcrawlers power.

hamishspence
2009-07-21, 04:35 PM
Was there a comic as well? (the book makes references to a previous crossover.)

Fri
2009-07-21, 04:45 PM
Ghostbusters in Shaman King/Bleach universe.

Ravens_cry
2009-07-21, 04:52 PM
Was there a comic as well? (the book makes references to a previous crossover.)
Yep. (http://originalvigilante.tripod.com/startrekxmen.htm) I never read it, but it sounds OK if your into that kind of thing.

chiasaur11
2009-07-21, 06:08 PM
I hear Archie meets the Punisher was good.

What?

Assassin89
2009-07-21, 07:02 PM
Twilight Vampires in any universe with sensible vampires would either be overpowered or dead.

In Discworld, their kind would really be frowned upon for having none of the traditional vampire weaknesses.

darkblade
2009-07-21, 07:11 PM
Twilight Vampires in any universe with sensible vampires would either be overpowered or dead.

In Discworld, their kind would really be frowned upon for having none of the traditional vampire weaknesses.

I hate to admit it but they pretty much pwn the Buffyverse. Although one step towards the Hellsing verse and they all become goey red puddles.

chiasaur11
2009-07-21, 07:14 PM
I hate to admit it but they pretty much pwn the Buffyverse. Although one step towards the Hellsing verse and they all become goey red puddles.

Maybe they'd manage most of the local bloodsuckers (even if William the Bloody could use... Sarcasm.) but they'd probably draw the attention of full blooded demons. And when that happens, well...

Oslecamo
2009-07-21, 07:24 PM
Although one step towards the Hellsing verse and they all become goey red puddles.

Hear hear! Alucard would never allow the name of the vampires to be tainted like that!

Anyway one crossover I commonly imagine is what would happen with(insert KAWAI anime character here, magical girl, fighting girl, whatever), and put her on the 40K verse, with 40K ideals, but still using her original powers/weapons(with lots skulls here and there of course).

Think sisters of battle, but with frilly power armors, big round eyes and perhaps cat ears and tail, and a magic staff/ very oversized gun. Or a magic staff that turns into an oversized gun.

Riding some kind of badass flying magical beast, raining death on the enemies of the emperor.

Also a chaos version of the above (LOVE FOR THE LOVE GOD! HEARTHS FOR THE HEARTH THRONE!)

Another reason to get rich and buy GW, so I can make it reality!

darkblade
2009-07-21, 07:59 PM
Anyway one crossover I commonly imagine is what would happen with(insert KAWAI anime character here, magical girl, fighting girl, whatever), and put her on the 40K verse, with 40K ideals, but still using her original powers/weapons(with lots skulls here and there of course).

Think sisters of battle, but with frilly power armors, big round eyes and perhaps cat ears and tail, and a magic staff/ very oversized gun. Or a magic staff that turns into an oversized gun.

Riding some kind of badass flying magical beast, raining death on the enemies of the emperor.

Also a chaos version of the above (LOVE FOR THE LOVE GOD! HEARTHS FOR THE HEARTH THRONE!)

Since 90% of Magical girls and other anime heroines make extensive use of the power of love they'd become Chaos coruppted fast.

Which only serves to make this more awesome in a very depressing way.

Lord of Rapture
2009-07-21, 07:59 PM
Well, I'm a big fan of Bleedman's work. His crossover comics using Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon shows really hit the right spot for me.

JabberwockySupafly
2009-07-21, 08:46 PM
Link or it didn't happen. After the Hellboy crossover I didn't think The Goon could get anymore crazy awesome with crossovers.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Features/Trailers/1042/The-Goon-vs-Dethklok-comic-teaser

From the official Darkhorse website :)

tribble
2009-07-21, 09:03 PM
Hear hear! Alucard would never allow the name of the vampires to be tainted like that!

funny, i had the idea of putting the cast of Azumanga Daioh (great anime) into the Old World six months ago. I want you to picture this guy, (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpikesOfVillainy) but with Osaka's smiling face peeking out from the top instead of that helmet.

Oslecamo
2009-07-21, 10:04 PM
Since 90% of Magical girls and other anime heroines make extensive use of the power of love they'd become Chaos coruppted fast.

Which only serves to make this more awesome in a very depressing way.

What about the love for the emprah?:smalltongue: Heck what doesn't lack on anime is warrior nuns who kick ass in the name of god all mighty.

Sisters of battle are technically warrior nuns, but they just aren't kawai enough...

Also there's plenty of magical girls who fight for justice, wich is definetely more on the emperium side. It would be interesting to see wich ones would join chaos head on and wich ones would fight alongside the rugged warriors of the emperium.

tribble:Now that's whay I'm talcking!

tribble
2009-07-22, 06:39 PM
tribble:Now that's what I'm talking about!

Is this what you meant to say?:smalltongue:

If anyone has seen pictures of what I described, please link. :P

comicshorse
2009-07-22, 06:59 PM
Superman vs. Predator, and Batman vs. Alien.

They have, of course, swapped them round and done comic series of those as well ( though I actually quite liked the first Batman vs Predator series)

None of them were a match for the Judge Dredd vs Aliens story

tribble
2009-07-23, 08:52 PM
come on guys, we cant allow this to die until i get a picture of Sakaki taking down Karl Franz!

Prime32
2009-07-25, 09:35 AM
Gundam Double-X vs. a random Saiyan

*energy from the moon beams down to the DX Gundam*
"Twin Satellite Cannon... HASHAA!!!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCnUqsrtK3I&fmt=18)
*Attack deals no damage, saiyan's eyes turn red (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dycQGzR64QA&fmt=18)*
"Oh sh-"