PDA

View Full Version : oots theme song

OOTS2ness
2009-07-22, 02:24 PM
oots are cool the oots cast is Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy.
it cool read them it as 669 comics you read oots now plz oots are made by rich he made oots OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!ARE COOL THE Publishers ARE Giant in the Playground.OOTS are better than books it comics that not on newspapers.it as stuff you can buy only oots have it.other comics suck like crap but oots are cool you read it oots now.oots are cool the oots cast is Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy.
it cool read them it as 669 comics you read oots now plz oots are made by rich he made oots OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!ARE COOL THE Publishers ARE Giant in the Playground.OOTS are better than books it comics that not on newspapers.it as stuff you can buy only oots have it.other comics suck like crap but oots are cool you read it oots now.OOTS HAVE A star name:elan he as yellow hair.3 males and 2 females.sometimes it bad or good.oots are cool the oots cast is Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy.
it cool read them it as 669 comics you read oots now plz oots are made by rich he made oots OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!ARE COOL THE Publishers ARE Giant in the Playground.OOTS are better than books it comics that not on newspapers.it as stuff you can buy only oots have it.other comics suck like crap but oots are cool you read it oots now.oots are cool the oots cast is Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy.
it cool read them it as 669 comics you read oots now plz oots are made by rich he made oots OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!ARE COOL THE Publishers ARE Giant in the Playground.OOTS are better than books it comics that not on newspapers.it as stuff you can buy only oots have it.other comics suck like crap but oots are cool you read it oots now.OOTS HAVE A star name:elan he as yellow hair.3 males and 2 females.sometimes it bad or good.

Jamin
2009-07-22, 02:26 PM
Wait what the hack is this mess

Llama231
2009-07-22, 02:28 PM
Bot? Troll? Song? lol?

It's either the best or the worst first post I have seen in a while.

Elfin
2009-07-22, 02:31 PM
:smallconfused:
No comment.

Random832
2009-07-22, 03:08 PM
What's this to the tune of? And you didn't divide it into lines.

Cizak
2009-07-22, 03:41 PM
Ugh, I can't even bother to read more than 3 rows...

Pepz
2009-07-22, 03:46 PM
I suggest you either do something about this mess, or delete it and start with a clean slate.

Although there ARE plenty of bands who write lyrics like this :smallwink:

Elfin
2009-07-22, 03:47 PM
Maybe also work on the lyrics...:smalleek:

Thrax
2009-07-22, 04:32 PM

I can't even bother to read anything. I hope this thread is a joke.

Andore Mordre
2009-07-22, 05:49 PM
Actually, the theme song is already

Bluff, bluff, bluff, bluff, the Stupid Ogre!

Ted The Bug
2009-07-22, 05:51 PM
oots are cool but grammar is cooler

Heroic
2009-07-22, 06:05 PM
Wow my eyes hurt...

GSFB
2009-07-22, 08:10 PM
My OotS Theme Song:

This is the theme to Order of the Stick!

Giant called me up and asked me to write the theme song.

I'm almost halfway finished.

How do you like it so far?

73 Bits of Lint
2009-07-22, 08:12 PM
What's this to the tune of? And you didn't divide it into lines.
What I want to know is how "oots" is supposed to be pronounced. "Oh-oh-tee-es"? Or "Oots," as in "oots-oots-oots-oots-oots-oots-oots, etc."

Whatever, the early OotS theme song would have to be "Junior Kickstart" by The Go! Team. An awesome, fun, inspiring song for an era focused on being awesome, fun and inspiring.
After things started getting all Dark and Edgy in the past couple hundred strips, I'm not really sure.

Janmorel
2009-07-22, 09:22 PM
This is not the theme of Order of the Stick.
This is just a tribute.

silversaraph
2009-07-22, 09:35 PM
Ouch. :smalleek:

Actually, that is pretty interesting, the pronunciation. *oots oots oots oots*

Elfin
2009-07-22, 09:45 PM
First of all, can you tell us what this is supposed to be?
And secondly, what do you mean "it has 3 males two females"?
Assuming you're talking about the Order (which, frankly, I'm not even sure of), it should be 1 female, 4 males, and 1 androgynous elf.

OOTS2ness
2009-07-23, 01:07 PM
i as thy to make my own song about oots

OOTS2ness
2009-07-23, 01:11 PM
I can't even bother to read anything. I hope this thread is a joke.

it not a joke

OOTS2ness
2009-07-23, 01:19 PM

are you keatan

Quinton250
2009-07-23, 01:25 PM
That blew my mind, I am a changed man for having read it.

OOTS2ness, what is your native language?

Spiryt
2009-07-23, 01:28 PM
And are you, per chance, a Dadaist?

Kettle
2009-07-23, 01:51 PM
Well this thread made my morning. Hahahaha.

Blackjackg
2009-07-23, 02:01 PM
oots are cool but grammar is cooler

Says the man with no punctuation, no capital letters, and the plural verb conjugation "are" attached to a singular noun. Comic reference! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0552.html)

zillion ninjas
2009-07-23, 02:27 PM
Says the man with no punctuation, no capital letters, and the plural verb conjugation "are" attached to a singular noun.

surely.....................
you........................
recognize..................

a follower of
.................e e cummings

Pronounceable
2009-07-23, 02:36 PM
I am inexplicably amused thanks to this thread.

Swordlol
2009-07-23, 03:02 PM
This reminds me of the World of Warcraft forums...

OotS > Warcraft

sam79
2009-07-23, 03:09 PM
oots are cool the oots cast is Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy.
it cool read them it as 669 comics you read oots now plz oots are made by rich he made oots OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!ARE COOL THE Publishers ARE Giant in the Playground.

*Continues in this vein for a surprising amount of time, so, snipped*

O. Kay.

Ten points to the first one to come up with a guitar tab for this?

Or, then again, perhaps not.

Zerg Cookie
2009-07-23, 03:10 PM
Wall of text attacks you
*roll* natural 20
*confirm threat* natural 20
*confirm instant kill* natural 20
You die

Random832
2009-07-23, 03:14 PM
*confirm instant kill* natural 20

Cool, I thought my group was the only one with that house rule :smallbiggrin:

Sanguine
2009-07-23, 03:50 PM
Cool, I thought my group was the only one with that house rule :smallbiggrin:

I played in a group with that rule and the inverse.:smallbiggrin:

Acero
2009-07-23, 07:54 PM
:smallconfused:
No comment.

agreed.......

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-23, 08:13 PM
I read a fanfic like this theme song once. It was called My Immortal.

...is disregard for the English language a reportable offense here, like it is at fanfiction.net?

Although the OP does bring up a question, although I don't think it was his intention; what would the theme song for OotS be, assuming an already made song was just pasted on the opening credits.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-07-23, 09:02 PM
Ok, I'd like to analyze this in the most scientific and unbiased way:

1. The first reaction to this was mostly shock and horror, with some people considering it humorous mixed in there. A storm of negative reactions.

2. OOTS2ness's "song" has no punctuation, capitalization, grammer, etc, indicating that English is either not his first language, or he don't speak it very well/type it very well regardless. This is only an impression, however, and is not backed up by fact.

3. He says on his profile that you're from OOTS Land. While many people put humorous answers, such as "Candyland" etc, his is...not very imaginative.

4. I checked his previous posts section of your profile, and the only things he's ever posted are on this thread.

5. He posted this without any tune, or reference to a tune, or even any indication other than the title that this is, in fact, a song, and not just a string of words.

6. His song looks like the same paragraph posted four times, at first glance, but upon further reading, his song goes like this, line for line:

OOTS is cool. The cast of OOTS includes Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy.

it cool read them it as 669 comics you read oots now plz oots are made by rich he made oots
It's cool. Read it. There are 669 comics. You should read OOTS now. Please, OOTS is made by Rich. He made OOTS. (Why did you say it twice?)

OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!ARE COOL THE Publishers ARE Giant in the Playground.
OOTS is cool. The publishers are giant in the playground. (note: actually, the website is Giant in the Playground. The publisher of the comic is Rich, and the publisher of the books is APE Games.)

OOTS are better than books it comics that not on newspapers.it as stuff you can buy only oots have it.
OOTS is better than books. It has comics that are not in newspapers. There is stuff you can only buy from OOTS. (note: ? What does that even mean? the OOTS is the fictional group, Roy Haley etc. You buy from Rich Burlew, not them.)

other comics suck like crap but oots are cool you read it oots now.oots are cool the oots cast is Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy.
Other comics suck like crap. (note: uh, no. No, I enjoy many other comics.) OOTS is cool. You should read OOTS now. OOTS is cool. (you said that already.) The cast of OOTS includes Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy. (You said that at the beginning.)

it cool read them it as 669 comics you read oots now plz oots are made by rich he made oots OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!ARE COOL THE Publishers ARE Giant in the Playground.OOTS are better than books it comics that not on newspapers.it as stuff you can buy only oots have it.other comics suck like crap but oots are cool you read it oots now.
Okay, that IS a repeat, but right after it comes:

OOTS HAVE A star name:elan he as yellow hair.3 males and 2 females.sometimes it bad or good.
The star of OOTS is Elan. (Elan? WTHeck?) He has yellow hair. (technically, it's blonde, but that's a nitpick.) There 3 guys and 2 girls. Sometimes OOTS is good and sometimes it's bad. (Ok, what? There's four boys in OOTS: Belkar, Elan, Durkon, and Roy. One female: Haley. And one either-way: V.)

The rest is those last two paragraphs repeated.

So, taking this all into account, I would like to declare my three options for him:

1. OOTS2ness is posting this much the same way as Rickrollers do: to make people dislike him.
2. OOTS2ness is not good at English, and therefore he should probably be pitied because it's hard to be taken seriously when you have problems communicating.
3. OOTS2ness honestly doesn't see anything wrong with what he has done, and should be pitied all the harder.

Thank you for your time.

Ted The Bug
2009-07-23, 10:30 PM
Says the man with no punctuation, no capital letters, and the plural verb conjugation "are" attached to a singular noun. Comic reference! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0552.html)

Intentional, Blackjack. :smallbiggrin:
Oh, and I just noticed that in the song, Vaarsuvius is spelled and capitalized correctly. One small bit of English lives on!

Dark_Stryke
2009-07-24, 02:59 AM
I am deeply, deeply confused by this... "song".

Does it have a tune? For some reason I just imagine a guy wailing on an acoustic guitar and yelling out the lines in an intentionally tuneless, sometimes hoarse voice.

I actually think the song improves when read this way.

Hideki
2009-07-24, 04:59 PM
Yes, I think this song is best sung with no tune at all.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-24, 05:20 PM
oots theme song it cool song oots2ness are cool oots theme song are made by oots2ness and OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!ARE COOL plz moar oots theme song it some good stuff on oots.i sing it all time not like other song suck like crap. moar song about Belkar, Vaarsuvius, Elan, Haley, Durkon, and Roy plz. OOTS2NESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARE COOL