PDA

View Full Version : (Hypothetical) Planescape: Torment Movie Cast

Muz
2009-07-24, 10:26 AM
(Original Title: "Mickey Rourke to play TNO in Torment Movie")
...Okay, just kidding. :smallbiggrin: But the idea came to me while commenting on a movie review blog about Raimi's Warcraft movie.

So now I bring to the playground this: If there WERE to be a movie based on Planescape: Torment, what would the cast be? (I'm still pondering, myself, but no sense in holding off starting the thread so the rest of you can take a crack!) :smallsmile:

mangosta71
2009-07-24, 10:46 AM
Tim Curry as TNO. Hilarity ensues. Which is appropriate, given the course material.

Blayze
2009-07-24, 11:07 AM
Damn you, Muz. Damn you. I don't know if my heart stopped from joy or terror when I read the topic title. Possibly both. As for the cast? I really would lean toward the VAs from the games, simply because they're part of the characters in my mind.

I can't imagine Morte, Dak'kon or Annah without those voices. Somehow, they just seem... wrong. I suppose it's because the voices helped the characters "come alive".

pita
2009-07-24, 11:11 AM
My heart stopped from joy when I read the title.
I hate you forever, Muz. You will die a thousand deaths, and even that won't be enough. I will hunt you down.
Oh wait, I just found another memory.
Your doom is delayed to tomorrow! (DOOMORROW)

Muz
2009-07-24, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'm going to the special hell. :smalleek:

Random thought: Christopher Judge as TNO? I'm still pondering the others, but it'd be amusing to see him in a lead role. I also keep thinking of Bruce Spence for Dak'kon, just because of the way his head is shaped.

Still pondering the others...

GrandMasterMe
2009-07-24, 11:26 AM
My heart stopped from joy when I read the title.
I hate you forever, Muz. You will die a thousand deaths, and even that won't be enough. I will hunt you down.
Oh wait, I just found another memory.
Your doom is delayed to tomorrow! (DOOMORROW)

The same thing happened to me!

Muz
2009-07-24, 12:23 PM
Okay, okay, to encourage less rage and more actor-musing, I changed the title to something less cruel. :smallsmile:

pita
2009-07-24, 12:34 PM
Morte and Vhailor should just use their original voices.
Fallen-From-Grace should be Scarlet Johannsen. Besides the fact that I'm completely in love with her, she's also a great actress.
I don't know who else...

Liffguard
2009-07-24, 01:12 PM
I agree with the OP, Mickey Rourke for The Nameless One.
Anna Friel for Annah.

factotum
2009-07-24, 02:09 PM
Pity Sheena Easton is a bit old for Annah these days... :smallwink: She might be able to play Fall-From-Grace, though!

Muz
2009-07-24, 02:17 PM
Hrm. We already know Summer Glau can pull off an Irish accent. Why not Scottish? Or, heck, Shirley Manson, since she's even got the hair. (And both of them are out of work now. :smallmad:)

mangosta71
2009-07-24, 02:24 PM
I don't recall Summer doing an Irish accent. She did a fantastic Cockney English, though.

Haven
2009-07-24, 02:44 PM
Hrm. We already know Summer Glau can pull off an Irish accent. Why not Scottish?

This is the best idea anyone has ever had

Muz
2009-07-24, 03:13 PM
Naaah. 7th best, at most. :smallwink:

More ideas: Trias played by either Matthew Goode or Craig Parker (Ozymandias and Haldir, respectively). Not that deLancie didn't do a good job, but he doesn't really LOOK angelic, does he?

pita
2009-07-24, 05:13 PM
Kevin Spacey as the old guy whose name starts with a P who I don't remember... the guy you get the bronze orb for...

Night Monkey
2009-07-24, 05:32 PM
This is the best idea anyone has ever had

+1.

The chap who plays Ozymandias would be the best Trias I think. We already know he can pull off the "superheroic champion of good turned villain by re-interpretation of the greater good" thing.

Morte would have to be the original voice actor, unless he's dead, in which case they could possibly use his skull.

The only problem with the idea is that no being that walks this earth has the capacity to represent Dak'kon's utter awesome on the screen. So the film could not have Dak'kon in it, and that would make me cry.

pita
2009-07-25, 06:02 AM
The love child of Chuck Norris and Mr. T could probably pull off Dak'kon pretty well.
Or, if I don't want to be that extreme, Cillian Murphy could do it well. You know, SCARECROW.

Liffguard
2009-07-25, 12:44 PM
Ian McKellan is Dak'kon. It is known.

UserClone
2009-07-25, 12:54 PM
Ian McKellan is Dak'kon. It is known.

and we have a winner! I luckily was not drinking milk when I read this.

waene
2011-08-21, 07:40 AM
TNO - John Travolta
Vhailor - Some voice actor
Ignus - Billy Drago
Dakkon - Patrick Stewart. (Dakkon was old and honorable.
The rest.. dunno?

Make a petition for a miniseries on this game

Eldan
2011-08-21, 07:49 AM
And here I was thinking of Clint Eastwood for TNO. But yeah, Mickey Rourke is probably better.

kpenguin
2011-08-21, 02:18 PM
The Modguin: Threadomancy? Threadomancy. Thread locked? Thread locked.