PDA

View Full Version : The Return. Part 1, Knock knock!

Pages : [1] 2

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-26, 02:01 PM
OOC thread. Please transfer character sheets to here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=21)

The sound of Big Ben rolls out over the city as a light drizzle starts up. The only light is from the street lights and the thin, newly waxing gibbous, moon just visible in a gap in the clouds. You all turn out of side alleys or round the corner at more or less the same time (please indicate where in your post) to see the street layout bellow:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3/regshoe/museum.jpg

You can see three things of interest. First of all there is an elderly homeless man asleep in the bus stop. Second, several other people seem to have just wandered onto exactly the same piece of deserted road (please describe what others see). Third, the gate of the museum seems to be open. Something about seeing that sends shivers up your spine.

Fiery Justice
2009-07-26, 02:19 PM
Alexander Olympios
In the dark, it looks like a young man has turned around the northwest corner close to the Cafe and Museum. His hair is dark and short and his skin is slightly tanned, if you catch a glimpse of him under a street life. He is wearing a very fashionable pair of pants and a golf shirt that seems a little bit too big. He has a backpack slung over his shoulder and he walks slowly and assuredly, glancing over everyone and slowly heading towards the gate which is so suspiciously open. His body language seems calm and in control, even in the dark.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-26, 02:22 PM
northwest corner
:smallsigh:You are, of course, OUTSIDE the museum grounds at this point.

Fiery Justice
2009-07-26, 04:10 PM
:smallsigh:You are, of course, OUTSIDE the museum grounds at this point.

I know that. I just was indicating which side of the street he was on. I assumed it was a corner. My apologies.

Civil War Man
2009-07-26, 04:41 PM
Jack McAllister
A very tall, strong-looking man comes out of one of the side alleys to the west of the bus stop. The drizzle does not seem to be bothering him at all as he looks from the bus stop to the cafe and then to the museum grounds beyond the open gate. Upon closer inspection, he looks to be barely out of his teens, most likely in his early twenties. He has on a pair of dark jeans and a black leather jacket which hangs open, displaying a London Irish t-shirt underneath.

With a glance to either side, the young man brushes some raindrops off his jacket, then jogs across the street towards the gate.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-26, 04:42 PM
NOTE, the Cafe is in the museum grounds, just to clarify.

Last1
2009-07-26, 04:58 PM
Elaine Artway

From the eastern side ally a well dress adolescent approached. Good looking enough in that kid way, and of middling height, it was hard to pick out a gender. A girl, probably, but not something you would want to make a bet on. She strode through the darkness only half paying attention to where she was going, and muttering dark things about the rain and where one could stuff it.

She was dressed in slacks, and a somewhat heavy short sleeved silk shirt that was starting to get wet in the rain.

Blackjackg
2009-07-26, 05:19 PM
Phil Sardelis

In the still of the quiet London night, a dark blue car pulls slowly and easily around the corner, its engine making no more noise than the softly crashing waves of a receding tide. Passing the cafe on its right-hand side, it pulls up to the kerb ahead of the bus stop, outside of the marked "No Parking" zone. The headlights switch off and the engine quiets its roll. The driver steps out of the car directly onto the sidewalk, for the driver's seat is on the left side in the European style. He is a stocky, but very handsome man of Mediterranean descent, wearing well-pressed Italian slacks and a light jacket. He looks about in the crisp night, wondering why he had thought to pull over in front of a closed cafe and an unsettlingly open museum gate.

"Ah," he thought, seeing again the sleeping transient he had noticed in driving past. "That must be why." He approached the man as silently as his polished black shoes would carry him and tucked a Ł5 note into a crack in the bench. Satisfied that he had fulfilled his purpose in pulling over, Phil turned to consider the open gate. "Watch my car, would you mate?" he whispered, more to amuse himself than in hopes of actually communicating with the sleeping or drunk vagrant.

Before he could reach the gate, he noticed the odd assortment of people who had begun to converge on the same location. His first thought was that he was being mugged, his second that he should jump into his car and speed away. But no, something in his gut, and something in the eyes of these others said that they were not here for him, but were drawn here as he was, by forces as subtle and irresistible as an ocean tide.

Tyracus
2009-07-26, 06:26 PM
Steven Richardson

Approaching the Museum from the west, Steven walks on the street with the jacket turned up against the cold rain. As he runs his hand through his recently cropped hair (he did miss his long hair but after Bryn had used it to slam him backwards into the ground for the 30th time he found that denying her the advantage was more important than his fashion sense) he notes the growing crowd around the museum gate. Slowing his steps from his accelerated pace to the more moderate pace of a normal mortal he approaches with caution, taking comfort in the pressure of Nothung at his side should things turn ugly.

Just what have you sent me into Bryn.

For those who pay closer attention to the tall young man approaching you can catch a glimpse of a black t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. He wears a pair of brown leather boots that, while sturdy looking, are a bit of an anachronism in the world of modern footwear. He seems to be very certain of each step he takes and his arms rest easily sides though his right arm is cocked slightly at his waist as if he was used to carrying something there.

Isley
2009-07-26, 11:44 PM
Nathan Ryan
Sitting in his car parked in between two of the alley's Nathan sees a small gathering occurring in front of the museum. Not the normal fare for this part of town at this time, but not who he was on the lookout for. Interested, he gets out of his humvee. He sets the alarm and walks towards the gathering.

The man walking towards you is dressed in slacks and a brown sports jacket. On his feet can only be combat boots. Walking towards you, the one thing you notice is the gait in which he walks. He walks with fluid grace, like a lion stalking prey. Up close you can see he has blue eyes and brown hair. He is pretty tall, around 6'5" and wiry. He looks to be about 23 or 24.

on him right now are 2 8mm w/ lots of spare ammo. In the car are the remmington and an m16

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-27, 03:42 AM
Perception + Awareness rolls.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-27, 04:46 PM
Elaine thinks she hears something, whips her head around to look, slips in a puddle and falls over. While she is not injured beyond a few scrapes she does create something of a noisy distraction (increasing the difficulty for everyone by 1).

Most of you hear nothing beyond the splash and any commentary Elaine wants to make on her predicament.

Philip hears a raised voice coming from the direction of the museum entrance twice.

Nathan hears the following exchange:
North Wales accent "Are you lot nearly done yet? I have a party to be late for."
Very deep Scottish accent "Will ye shut up ye Long BLONDE STREAK OF NOTHIN!"
Glaswegian accent "Shut up the both of yez, we're trin' te work."
"Don't ye..."
London accent "Excuse me, but isn't Justin meant to be on watch?"

There is a pause

"GET BACK TO THE GATE RIGHT NOW OR I'LL BE MAKIN' FAIRY CAKES!"

Blackjackg
2009-07-27, 04:57 PM
Phil is quick to Elaine's side, helping her to her feet. "There we are. Alright then?" His hands are rough and cuffed by a mat of black hair. Conspicuously not removing his thick arm from where it sits on her back, he glances at the other men converging on them, and at the museum gate. The sound of raised voices at the Imperial War Museum after hours concerns him.

"Were you meeting someone here?"

Last1
2009-07-27, 06:59 PM
“@$#% it! My clothes, look at my clothes,” Elaine cursed as she was pulled to her feet, “the b…” She cut herself off and took a deep breath as she turned to talk to her rescuer.

“Sorry about that,” she muttered, distracted, “this wonderful weather seems to have left the ground a little slippery. You where asking something?”

She glanced around at all the gathering people, suddenly a bit nervous, and let her hand drop – if these people were up to something. “Friends of yours?” she muttered, pulling away from the man who helped her up.

Civil War Man
2009-07-27, 07:09 PM
Jack froze when he heard the loud splash. His hand began to instinctively move towards where he kept his dagger concealed under his coat, but he quickly stopped himself when he realized that there was no immediate threat.

Another man was quick to help the young girl up, so Jack saw no reason to rush over. He walked over to them at a brisk pace, though. It wouldn't have been very nice to ignore them, after all.

He nodded at the man as he approached. None of the people here were his regulars, but the dark-haired man in the jacket and slacks had the look of someone who could be one.

"Ye okay, kid?" he asked, directing the question to the girl. His speech was pretty strongly Ulster English, with no more than the slightest hint of a London accent underneath it.

Last1
2009-07-27, 07:35 PM
"Fine, I'm fine," she bit out. "just this bleeding weather. Thought I heard something."

"Some kind of meeting going on here? I was for walk, I don't mean to pest." Her right are stayed loose and low, its underside itching with the urge to make that little twist that would arm her, but she held it off for the moment.

Blackjackg
2009-07-27, 07:57 PM
Phil lets his arm fall when the woman pulls away, but remains instinctively, perhaps protectively, close to her. "No friends of mine."

He turns to the newcomer with the menacing physique, meeting his eyes evenly, waiting patiently as the he exchanges his words with the woman. "Is there an event at the museum tonight? I heard voices, angry voices, and the street seems quite crowded." His accent is more than a little muddy, but mostly South London.

Civil War Man
2009-07-27, 08:11 PM
"I don't know of any," said Jack. "I'd think they'd wait til themarra. I was looking to see if any bars were still open."

He glanced back over his shoulder at the museum. "When'd ye hear the voices? I didn't hear anything except her falling."

Isley
2009-07-28, 01:45 AM
Walking over to the fallen girl, Nathan says to the man in the Irish T-shirt, "Shh, you'll see soon enough, someone's coming". You can tell right away that from his accent, that he must be from America. He looks towards the entrance to the museum and puts one of his hands under his jacket to be within easy reach of one of his holsters.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-28, 03:34 AM
There is still plenty of time for RP however at the moment I also need a Perception+Integrity+Willpower roll.

Blackjackg
2009-07-28, 06:20 AM
Already antsy, Philip's eyes widen as he watches the American's hand dip into his jacket. He places a hand on each shoulder of the girl whose name he doesn't yet know and pulls her backward one pace, driven by chivalry or libido to behave protectively in these uncertain circumstances. Having stepped back himself, he transposes himself with her so his body partially blocks hers from Nathan's line of fire. However intent he is on the activities of Nathan's hand in his jacket, he can't resist glancing once more at the museum gate.

Isley
2009-07-28, 03:10 PM
Seeing the caution in the man's eyes and not sensing any hostility from him, Nathan moves his hand from his holster to his pocket and pulls out his identification. "Nathan Ryan, on temporary assignment with the MI-5 joint anti-terrorist task force

The icon under the identification is:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/MI5_logo.png

Putting the ID away, Nathan tells the assembled group without taking his eyes of the museum entrance: "We received word of a strange individuals stalking the museum at night. You don't fit the descriptions I've been given, so I must ask, what are you doing here?

Civil War Man
2009-07-28, 03:31 PM
"Ye could say I was guided here by Divine Providence," said Jack, with a slight smirk. "That, and want of a good, stiff drink. Though I suppose that since I've had poor luck in finding the second for a good while now, I'll need to settle on the former."

Underneath his sardonic expression, Jack took a moment to examine the people around him. It seemed strange that so many people were out at this time of night, and he couldn't help but think that there was a reason for it.

(OOC: Activating Brehon's Eye. Spending 1 Legend (8 left) and rolling in the OOC thread)

Last1
2009-07-28, 03:59 PM
"I was just out for a walk. I had a meeting with my dad eariler this evening," she paused, feeling uncomferable, but she wanted to give enough of an explination to avoid problems with the law, "I know I know, pretty late 'early.' But he's busy alot. Anyways, I wa just thinking about the museum, what kind of things it represents."

"Not trying to cause problems officer."

Blackjackg
2009-07-28, 05:34 PM
Phil relaxes slightly at the sight of the American's badge. He listens to the Irish man's explanation, then steps aside so he's no longer blocking the young woman when she offers her own. "I was just driving by and stopped for a little fresh air," he explains to the group. Then to Ryan particularly, "Petty Officer Philip Sardelis, formerly Royal Navy. Can I be any help?"

Tyracus
2009-07-28, 05:35 PM
Finally reaching the others with his moderated pace Steven glances over each of them in turn. As he catches sight of Nathan's badge and overhears the dialogue the situation begins to dawn on him and he speaks up with an American accent who's edge has been dulled by spending time abroad.

Well I take a walk because I can't sleep and my pacing about the house was disturbing my host and happen across a couple being accosted by an officer accusing them of being terrorists. I guess that's just one of the funny little breaks fate will throw into your life to keep things interesting. I would like to ask though, if you're here because of suspicious activities inside the museum, wouldn't it make more sense to actually look inside, especially with the gate open as it is. Where I come from we usually leave the god-fearing people to their business and deal with those who are up to more dire ends.

Last1
2009-07-28, 06:26 PM
Elaine glanced at the open gate, having somehow missed it in the confusion of the fall, and wished she had her divice with her. "He's right, the blasted gate is open sir. Shouldn't you look over there?"

Civil War Man
2009-07-28, 06:51 PM
Jack watched the open gate as the others talked. "If ye ask me, it's the god-fearing ye should watch," he mused. "Either their god is mad at them for a reason, or they don't have a lick of sense on them, following a god that'd get all pissy at them over nothing."

He stretched a bit. "Well, fate favors the bold. I can help take down whoever's screwing off up there if ye want. Especially if it's a bunch of fecking chavs."

Isley
2009-07-28, 07:53 PM
Talking practically to himself, Nathan says "All this talk about fate and gods. Maybe.. no probably not, but mother has arranged stranger events"
If you had epic perception, you could probably have overhead that
Looking to the rest of the assembled, he replies "Thoth help me I must be out of my mind but you can come along if you want, not standard operating procedures but extra pairs of eyes can be helpful. Just be careful, I would not want any of you dieing on me. To Philip and the Irish man, Nathan says, I just overhead them talking, there are at least four people in there, and one named Justin on guard, so be wary

Blackjackg
2009-07-28, 08:47 PM
Philip's eyes widen and narrow at the mention of Thoth, not a name you often heard entreated in this modern age. He dismisses it with a casual shake of his head, laying his burly hand again on the young lady's shoulder. "You'd best get out of sight, miss. Could get dodgy." He throws her a confident wink before turning to Ryan and the Irish man, watching the other American warily through the corner of his eye. He hunches his shoulders slightly, drawing his jacket up over his neck against the rain.

"Do you have a plan? Shall we risk going through the gate or simply go over the wall?"

Fiery Justice
2009-07-28, 08:49 PM
Alexander Olympios
The young lightly tanned man arrives at the group last, having walked calmly to it. "Plan? For what? He smiles kindly, but something in his eyes seems keen.

(Sorry for the wrench in the Gears of Getting Somewhere, but as I said I only have evening access.)

Civil War Man
2009-07-28, 09:58 PM
"That's not a very progressive attitude," said Jack, raising his eyebrow at Philip. "Assuming the kid wouldn't be able to pull her weight in a fight. She could be quite capable for all you know."

He rubbed his hands together and smiled again. "Now, my suggestion is that, assuming our illustrious American friend is correct, we overpower the one guard as quickly as we can. Quietly, too, if possible. Gives us a better strategic position if we need to run in and start busting heads."

Last1
2009-07-29, 12:36 AM
"One guard?" Elaine glared suspiciously, her hand twisting, rising up…

Elaine pointed an impossible seven foot long javelin at Jack. "How do you know there's only one guard."

Civil War Man
2009-07-29, 01:24 AM
"I don't know if there's only one guard. I just ran under that assumption because that's what the American said. Do try to keep up, please." The smile never left Jack's face, as if he were entirely unconcerned about the fact that he had a spear that appeared out of nowhere being pointed at him. "That's pretty impressive, though. Unfortunately stabbing me with it probably wouldn't accomplish anything. Gift from a relative of yours, I presume?"

Last1
2009-07-29, 01:44 AM
The tip stayed up for a moment longer as Elaine colected her wits, then the whole thing disapeared as her hand dropped. "My dad."

"Sorry. I'm still jumpy from eariier."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-29, 05:55 AM
Most of you see nothing of interest.

Elaine Artway and Steven Richardson see a five foot five blonde man in very expensive looking smart casual attire lopping down the path from the museum towards the gate drinking from a large cider bottle. But it is strange. Even when you turn to look directly at him it is like he is in the corner of your eye, as if your brain does not want to see him. You can also hear him, kinda. It is like you are hearing his footsteps through tinny earphones.

Those who wish to may make any rolls that they feel appropriate.

Blackjackg
2009-07-29, 06:35 AM
Philip Sardelis, who had been prepared to explain that it is not unforgivably primeval to assume that a teenage girl who had just noisily slipped and fallen in a puddle would not be invited on a dangerous government operation, chokes back his retort at the sudden appearance of her javelin.

Slowly, the clues begin to come together-- the ominous feeling he'd been having all week finally beginning to make sense. He takes a moment to process his suspicions, studying the five faces before him even as Elaine drops her hand and dismisses the obviously magical javelin, uncharacteristically slow to speak. "Right then. Let's not waste any more time."

Fiery Justice
2009-07-29, 07:38 AM
Alexander Olympios

The young man's eyes widen when Elaine manifests a spear, "Did Zeus send you?" something in the boy's face is a mixture of fear and anger at the high god of the Greeks, Take out a guard? I'm Alexander Olympios. He takes a moment to check on the failure to register his name, Thank God, I thought you might be here for me... I'm one of Zeus'.. he winces and hesitates before reaching into his shirt and drawing out the characteristic Double-Lightning pendant of a Scion of Zeus, offspring. And I'm fairly sure he's up to something. Since what he does around me, normally involves me, I'd appreciate anything you know about the gate being open.

Just so you know, I don't think Zeus is actually up to anything because I think that the Triple-Lightning Motif is Alexander's, not Zeus'

Last1
2009-07-29, 11:07 AM
“Quiet!” Elaine hissed through her teeth, calling her javelin to hand as she faced the man heading towards the gate. Her feet slipped in a looser stance, ready to move at a moments notice. The air was suddenly clear, not a change in the world, just one in her mind as her thoughts slipped faster and faster. The ground felt diaphanous under her feet.

She tried to focus harder on the man. The way he seemed to shift out of her vision. Had she seen something like that before? She blinked, lost sight of him, her eyes tracking a piece of masonry for a moment. She blicked again, he was back. What was that? She focused harder, trying to remember.

“He’s here…” she finished, breath out in an inaudible sigh.

Tyracus
2009-07-29, 11:26 AM
As Elaine hisses her warning Steven readies Nothung and lets his eyelids droop slightly. If whoever was approaching them was hiding from vision and hearing then he would see how well the man chose to hide from his sense of smell and the feel of the wind around him.

As he strains to focus in on the sensations of the approaching stranger the conversation of the companions fades away, first into a whisper and then into silence.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-29, 11:32 AM
The man is just as vauge to your other senses. It is almost as if your brain was trying to edit him out.

Isley
2009-07-29, 11:32 AM
Heading the girl's warning, Nathan grabs his two 8mm's. Not seeing anyone but trusting another scion to be able to see things he can't, Nathan strains his ears looking for footsteps and even tries to search for his scent.

Civil War Man
2009-07-29, 11:44 AM
Despite what the others said, Jack could not see the person approaching the gate. Damnit, he thought. This isn't rocket science, Jack. You're apparently the son of an effing god. Seeing someone who's trying to hide should not be a problem.

He focused every ounce of his will into seeing through whatever was clouding his vision.

(OOC: Spending 1 willpower to resist mind-influencing power. 5 left)

Last1
2009-07-29, 12:06 PM
“He’s a fairy,” Elaine muttered to her still mostly oblivious companions. “Tylwyth Teg, if I’m not wrong. Which I could be. He will have magic and fear iron, and his powers of illusion should be potent, but not unbeatable. She thought for a second more, watching his approach. He’s going to see us soon. “They like games – and they can’t sully their word. If we want to avoid violence…” She let the thought trail off.

Blackjackg
2009-07-29, 12:26 PM
His suspicions overtly confirmed, Phil's sense of wonder is quickly quenched by the revelation that the watchman has returned to the gate. That he seems to be invisible is no more unusual than anything else that's happened tonight, if more alarming. The chilling sensation of being watched by an unseen observer, not entirely new for the son of a god, still leaves him feeling a little exposed-- naked outside of his protective armor of steel and chrome. He presses himself back against the wall, his hand seeking out the reassuring feel of his car keys in his pocket. Despite himself, he is excited.

As Nathan pulls his guns and the others retrieve stranger weapons from gods-know-where, Philip cranes his neck back, trying to gauge how easy it would be to scramble over the wall into the concealing shadows on the museum grounds.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-29, 12:33 PM
Philip cranes his neck back, trying to gauge how easy it would be to scramble over the wall into the concealing shadows on the museum grounds.Hard but not too hard.

He focused every ounce of his will into seeing through whatever was clouding his vision.

(OOC: Spending 1 willpower to resist mind-influencing power. 5 left)You can now see him, but it is hard to stay focused on him.

Civil War Man
2009-07-29, 04:33 PM
"Fae, huh? Interesting."

Jack turned, and began to walk away from the others. He looked deep in thought (though in actuality he was concentrating to make sure he didn't lose track of the fae man). He only made it a few yards before he suddenly stopped, frowned, and began searching the pockets of his jacket. When the search came up empty, he sighed, and looked directly at the approaching fairy (or as close to directly as he could manage).

"Ye wouldn't happen to have a light on you, would you?" he asked.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-29, 04:41 PM
The man does a double take when adressed. "Um, yeah, hang on."

Then he starts make a show of feeling in his pockets before turning and shouting.

"Six! Six at once! How does that happen?"

If he is trying to warn others however it may backfire, he's still under the effect of The Backwards Step.

Although violence is not happening we are now on combat time. LET BATTLE BE JOINED!

Last1
2009-07-29, 05:43 PM
Elaine coughs politly, and askeds the gentalmen, "Would you be up for a game of chess." She pulls three fifty pound notes from her pocket, "Small stakes only, of course." She smiles, "Just a nice game to pass the time."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-29, 05:44 PM
Too late, he's running.

Tyracus
2009-07-29, 11:03 PM
As he shakes off the mental influence of the guard's magic he sees him start to run. Dropping into a crouch Steven kicks off hard, not worrying about trying to mask his abilities.

Dash action, spd 3 DV -2, moving 13 yards per tick which basically blows my cover as a mortal. (I dont' know many people who can run 28 2/3 mph) Had 6 successes on Join Battle.

Fiery Justice
2009-07-30, 07:48 AM
"Come back here NOW!" Alexander shouts when it's finally his turn to move, his voice ringing of something the other Scions can recognize as the authority of kingship.

When it's finally his turn (which will be awhile...) Alexander uses Overt Command on the Fleeing Fae to make him turn around and come back.

Isley
2009-07-30, 01:21 PM
Breaking the illusion, Nathan is slow to react to the running fairy. When he does, he dashes after him.
15 yards / tick

Civil War Man
2009-07-30, 05:47 PM
"And now the fun begins," said Jack, taking off after the Fae. As he moved, something in the back of his mind thought about what he could do to get a firmer control on the upcoming battle.

Dashing, 9 yards per tick. Also activating Hornet's Nest, on what action to take to defuse the potential chaos. No cost to activate the boon, but taking a -2 penalty to the roll for movement. Roll in the OOC thread.

Blackjackg
2009-07-30, 07:50 PM
It takes Phil a moment to react to the suddenness of the chase, but his reflex soon kicks in. He swings his body through the open gate and sprints for the building, splitting from the direction that Steven and Nathan have taken to run through the shadows to the right of the main path. He thinks wistfully of his car as he charges across the unlit grass.

Dash action, 14 yds/tick

Tyracus
2009-07-30, 11:38 PM
Seeing the large gap opened between himself and the others at the gate Steven realizes that unless they have powers like his that he is the only hope of stopping the guard and that he won't be able to run down his quarry before he reaches the museum.

Seizing the opportunity presented by a low wall Steven hops easily over, clearing the wall by a hair and landing neatly on the far corner. Crouching down he rolls forward he pushes off hard at an angle just above the horizontal to gain an incredible speed boost. As he overtakes his target he plants Nothung deeply into the ground and uses it as a pivot to turn his momentum into meeting the fae head on. As he collides in a tangle of limbs he slams his left hand into the ground and pulls with all of his strength as he attempts to come down in control of the collision.

Speed 5 jump action. Also a Dex+Brawl for the grapple (with a -2 die penalty):

[roll0] + 2 successes from epic dex

Legend point for a re-roll spent, results in OOC for 4 successes.

Last1
2009-07-31, 01:10 AM
Elaine Blinked in confustion as everything exploded into action, unsure of what to do. She shook her head as she began to run. She'd just have to figure it out along the way.

She Dashs towards the melee along with everyone else

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-31, 04:26 AM
Steven lands atop the fleeing fairy, knocking the two of them flying. The Faiy continues to cry out but seems to have forgotten he is still inaubadle to most people.

Tick 5: Nathan covers 15 yards and Phil 14 yards.
Tick 6: Alexander uses Overt command, Jack covers 9 yards, Elaine covers 11 yards

Hornet's Nest.
To cause chaos: Go to the Museum.
To defuse chaos: Declare yourself.

Tick 7: Tylyth struggles to free himself.

Tylyth [roll0] +1
Steven [roll1] +2

The Tylyth slips from Steven's grip and moves 5 yards towards Alexander, placing himself in the middle of the group. He looks around and throws up his hands. "I know when I'm beat. I give up. This is so not worth Ł500."

Blackjackg
2009-07-31, 09:33 AM
Philip slows down his running when he sees the others stop their chase, still unable to see the invisible Twylyth. He continues to approach the museum's entrance from the shadows at an oblique angle while switching his attention back and forth from where he's going to the small group gathering around the defeated Faerie.

Civil War Man
2009-07-31, 11:46 AM
"I'm glad that ye did that," said Jack as he approached the surrendering Tylyth. "The Tuatha have generally had a peaceful relationship with the Fae, and I doubt the Dagda would approve of us changing that for little reason."

He approached the Tylyth, and held out his hand. "Name's Jack, by the way," he said, both for the benefit of the Tylyth and for the other Scions who had not yet heard his name. "The Dagda is my father."

Last1
2009-07-31, 12:46 PM
Elaine's approach slowed her as she neared the fae. She didn't dismiss her javelin, instead leaning it against the gate as she passed. She didn't think he had seen her summon it, so no need to hand out information pointlessly.

"Hey, it might be stereotyping, but I understand your folk like a good bash, and I know father approves of those kinds of people. No need for a row, we just want to talk" Elaine flashed her we'll just pretend you didn't try and run away smile and held out her hand.

"Elaine Artway, daughter of Dionysos. Pleased to meet you."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-31, 01:08 PM
He grabs both hands and shakes them, shaking Elaine's very awkwardly as he is using the wrong hand.

"Listen can I go? The guys up at the museum will hear if we talk too much and I was paid up front. Mind you I think Gilbert said they where under orders to scarper if they bumped into Scions, not sure why, so meh. I just have this party you know. Mind you the idea of that lot going anywhere quickly..." He starts giggling. "Stunties and stumpy!"

Last1
2009-07-31, 01:17 PM
Elaine looked thoughfully at the man, "They paid you to guard the door, and I know you can't break your word, so..."

"Well, either they are idiots in what they asked you to promise you would do for that up front money, or you're trying to pull something..."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-31, 01:20 PM
"Sure they made me promice. Morons didn't make me swear. Seriously, if i had sworn I would have been on that gate like ugly on a hag."

Last1
2009-07-31, 01:35 PM
Elaine boggled. "What kind of idiot would make that kind of mistake? I mean, that requires some special stupidity. Quite the windfall for you, blagged a butch of half wits. What’re they up to in there anyway.”

Civil War Man
2009-07-31, 06:04 PM
"It's not that hard for someone to make that mistake, assuming they don't know the rules about dealing with Fae." Jack scratched his head. "Not that that's relevant. I'll tell ye what, if ye tell us what ye know about these guys and what they're doing, ye can be at that party within the hour. Or not, if you're the type that likes to be fashionably late."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-31, 06:18 PM
"Two black dwarves, one called Gilbert. One gimp giant, one of the McOols. Four humans, local and wealthy types. No idea what they want. No idea what they are here for. They are under orders to avoid unessissary fighting. They mentioned a man called M as giving the orders. The whole lot of them are under the Geas of the Closed Tongue so you won't get answers from them. Try and force it and their hearts will stop on them. They where all carrying little silver things, size of a 20p coin, with a tripple M on it, in a triangle right? No idea what that is. They are very boring company. Can I got now?"

Last1
2009-07-31, 06:51 PM
Elaine glanced at her new companions, and then shrugged. "Fine by me. I owe you. Not a lot, mind," she said, fishing through her (now damp) pants pockets, "but you've done me a service," she found what she was looking for in a back pocket, a receipt, which she started writing on the back of, "and at some point I will repay."

"Here," she finished, handing the paper over, "my number. I won't promise to help, but I'll hear you out next time you have a problem."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-31, 07:24 PM
"I suppose a phone number joke here is going to get me a fleshwound isn't it?" He tucks the receipt away in his jacket, you can tell he is still tempted to make the joke. He then pulls out what looks like a buissness card and hands it to you. "Incase you, well, incase." Here he winks. "That all?"

Civil War Man
2009-07-31, 07:46 PM
"No worries. I can see why you would want to hold off on telling such jokes in front of a woman who chased you across a lawn in order to give you her phone number." Instead of a wink, Jack did more of an eyebrow waggle. He leaned over to the fae and whispered, "If you want advice, I know a few good places where you could take her on your first date," while suppressing a snicker.

Last1
2009-07-31, 09:04 PM
"You are aware that I can hurt you, right," Elaine said, giving Jack a glare.

"We're good," She said, looking at the erstwhile guard. "See you around."

Blackjackg
2009-07-31, 09:31 PM
Phil has reached the side of the building and is edging toward the door, watching for any light or movement. He glances occasionally to the exchange that his companions are having with the impatient Twylyth, and watches with a slightly confused expression as the faerie flees unmolested from the scene.

Fiery Justice
2009-07-31, 10:08 PM
Alexander Olympios
"Scamper if they heard about Scions..." Alexander said in a hushed voice, even though he was shouting a moment earlier, "So. Does anyone here know how we got here? Because I want to know how likely it is that they are aware of us."

Isley
2009-07-31, 10:33 PM
"Not sure if they are aware of us just yet. Stay alert just in case. But I really want to know what titanspawn are doing here of all places. Looking down at his 2 pistols, Nathan says to his fellow scions, "Give me on second, if they are on a flee on site order, then I should be properly armed. Moving as fast as possible and still remaining quiet, Nathan moves to his armor plated hummer and takes out a Remington and the m16. He also takes a bag full of ammo and locks the door. Walking back to the group he holds out the m16 and asks, I guess our parents arranged to have us meet here, so I will trust my mother's judgment and trust you all. Moving to Phil and handing him the m16 and keeping the Remington for himself, Nathan says, I trust you know how to use on of these."

Blackjackg
2009-07-31, 10:47 PM
Phil takes the rifle from the American's hands, turning it over to examine it. "It's not part of the standard issue in the Royal Navy, I'm afraid..." he begins, before setting it against his shoulder and peering down the sight into the darkness, "but I think I'll manage."

He returns the gun to a loose, one-handed hold with its muzzle pointed toward the ground.

Fiery Justice
2009-07-31, 10:51 PM
Alexander's face contorts into a grimace, "Father... Well. I guess I came to fight filth like this," He untucks his shirt and draws a desert eagle from a holster hidden beneath the shirt, "We doing this Guns Blazing? Because I've got no object to putting down some titanspawn, but I want to make sure that's the plan first. And, moreover, I want to know there is a plan."

Isley
2009-07-31, 11:19 PM
"I say no, the best bet is to sneak in and see what they are up to before we attack. The guns are if they try to escape or attack us. As the fairy said, they are just pawns, I want the one who's behind them. Anyway, when **** hits the fan, try to disable, not kill. Remember, there are humans in there as well.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-01, 12:30 PM
The Tylyth dances off humming to himself.

Last1
2009-08-01, 12:56 PM
Elaine quietyly walked over to the enterence, conjuring her javelin back to her hand. "What does it matter that some of them are human? A life is a life - it may be conveniant to sentence all Titanspawn to damnation for supporting to reserected Titans, but not all Titanspawn do. Not all of those who come from the goes oppose the Titans."

"If we have carte blanche to slay those Titanspawn who support the overthrow of the gods, then we should treat those humans who do the same no different. If we don't, then we don't have the freedom to kill ever Titanspawn that it is convenant to slay."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-01, 01:07 PM
The aformentioned group is standing before the main enterance (refer to the picture) the giant is only about 8 ft tall and leaning on a large club to support his mutilated left leg. He is carring a large bore shotgun in the other hand. The two dwarves seem to be unarmed and are working on the alarm system. The humans have handguns drawn but don't strike you are the warrior types, one has glasses on and another is easily in his late 50s. One thing that you do notice is that htey are all men.

Blackjackg
2009-08-01, 02:13 PM
The dashing sailor throws Elaine a toothy smile and a confident wink. "Don't worry," he assures her in a hushed tone, "I'm not planning to fire off an assault rifle in the middle of London." He brandishes the gun impressively, careful not to point it at anything living. "But it does add a bit to the presentation, doesn't it?"

Returning to the matter at hand, he indicates to Ryan and the others that he is ready to make a move when they are.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-01, 05:25 PM
In spite of the fact that the gun doesn't end up aimed at any living thing, Alexander winces at the show of bravado. "Look, I'm going to go up and talk to them. Y'all stay back, when I send someone out to guard. I'll try and send the Giant, he looks... experienced." Alexander says, pulling up his pendant and hiding it underneath his shirt. He then slings his backpack off his shoulder and draws a large, oval stone out of it. He tosses his backpack to the side and cradles the stone beneath his left arm, holding his handgun in his right hand.

He then does the unthinkable and strides towards the entrance, totally confident in himself. His face is a mask, looking furious, "Idiots!" he shouts when he finally reaches sight range of the group where they might try to fire on him, "He'll be furious! I come to help you and this is what I find! What if someone came up! There wasn't even a guard! What were you thinking? McOol, get out there now! Gilbert, give me a status report, I need to know what else you might have screwed up."

*lets out a low whistle* I really, really hope this works

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-01, 05:43 PM
The Giant levels the shotgun at you and speaks in a manner that suggests that he has had this drilled into him repeatedly over several years. "Who awaits the bell?"

The dwarf who turned to look at you nodds, clearly happy at what seems to be the needless and pedantic following of procedure.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-01, 07:52 PM
A harsh growl bursts from Alexander's throat and a steady, angry glower falls over his face, "I don't work for your pathetic little lapdog M. I work for Chronus himself, you stupid, pathetic little giant. Where do you think I got this?" He moves the stone in his arm, "He came to me, this very night he came to me. He had been long hungry for this day!" The anger on Alexander's face fades and his face is a mask of sheer, unadultered glee, like a religious fanatic before a god, "It was this very night! I was so estatic I rushed here, without any thought for myself, to help his friends in this crucial hour," and here his face once again becomes angry and his eyes flash with fury, "AND THEN I CAME AND THERE WAS NO GUARD! YOU THREATENED ME WITH A GUN! YOU WASTED MY TIME WITH PROCEDURES! EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR EXISTENCE WILL BE UNDONE FOR THIS IF YOU DO NOT STOP WASTING OUR TIME AND GO CHECK THE GATE!"

I'll go roll up some checks for his lies.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-02, 03:25 AM
"Don't ye shout at me ye sdupid little man!" He fires. "Yer bos aint got no authority here!"

[roll0]

Poised to move Alexander dives out of the way.

Blackjackg
2009-08-02, 07:47 AM
Philip permits himself a little frown of frustration, then turns to Elaine and makes a small apologetic shrug. In the shadows, he raises his borrowed M16 rifle to his shoulder and braces it against his body, peering along the sights set down the barrel. He takes his time, aiming carefully at the wooden club on which the angry, shotgun-wielding giant leans.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-02, 11:38 AM
As he dives to the side, Alexander bites pavement and drops his gun. Cursing as he does so, he stumbles to right himself and grab hold of his gun. "Chronus will have your head for this, McOol." he says, bitter and angry.

So, in addition to being at the end of the round, he retrieves his gun and rights stands up again as his action. I assume his bashing soak can take the scrape though, if it can't that. What are the humans doing?

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-02, 01:30 PM
One of the nearby humans responds first screaming "DEATH TO THE OUTSIDER!" he manages to put a bullet in Alexander's left shoulder as he rolls to the ground. Rolls are in OOC thread, 1 health level of damage.

Tyracus
2009-08-02, 02:47 PM
Sizing up the situation Steven dashes out towards the giant. After closing the distance he brings his blade up hard against the giant's hand hoping the wound will make the giant drop his weapon.

Lovely day for a battle to the death. Wouldn't you agree tall crippled and ugly?

Moving to the giant, basic attack.

Spd: 4
attack: [roll0] +2 successes
Damage: [roll1] + 2 successes + threshold successes

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-02, 02:50 PM
Threshold 4. [roll0] No further sucesses.

Nothung scrapes across the flesh of the giant's arm but does not injure him.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-02, 02:57 PM
Elaine glared at the men standing in her way. She wondered why they did it.

A foot rose, shifted forward, and hit the ground with a smack! Droplets of water thrown into the air, haloing her ankle for an instant before starting to fall. She was suddenly unbalanced the weight of the javelin pulling her back. She began to shift forward.

Life was something so precious. You had it, this vibrant, burning thing. You held onto it until you were forced to let go. She could understand gambling it away. She was doing so right at that moment – there might not be anything more valuable then life, but life didn’t end with you. You had friends, families, cultures, and the culture you hoped the next generation would build, bigger and more beautiful then anything you could do.

The shaft resisted for a second, dragging back as it tugged against the weight of her body, its initial inertia to keep moving back. Physics won, it was not as heavy as her, it began moving forward, upward with the twisting of her body, her eyes focused on a point on the second man’s head.

She wasn’t sure everyone really thought that way. Oh, most of them talked about it – but then they would gamble on the stupidest things. They would smoke; they would get smashed and still drive themselves home, they would pick fights. She saw it all the time, the Revelry – her father’s domain. She never quite understood it. But then, she never understood those who took no risks either, life was too short.

The water slicked shaft slipped easily from her fingers, cutting a line through the air, as it sped towards its victim

I’m going to kill that man. He’s in my way. His life will endanger other lives. His death will make those lives safer. Or safer.

Somebody stop me.

Nobody heard.

The blow easly transfixes the target. As no specific human was stated I will roll [roll0] Human 2, quite fittingly the one who shot Alexander.

Meanwhile Nathan's shot send's the giants shotgun flying just over Steven's head and away.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-02, 03:11 PM
Philip draws a bead on McOol's walking club.

One of the Dwarves starts to run as fast as a dwarf can. Dashes 8 yards per tick.

Two of the other humans open fire on Elaine, Nathan.
Elaine attack: [roll0] Vs DV 5 (-1 for attack but this is still the same scene so +1 for untouchable)
Nathan attack: [roll1] Vs DV 6

Both miss massively.

Civil War Man
2009-08-02, 04:05 PM
Once the gunfire started, Jack was off like a shot. He was never one to shy away from a fight, a quality that seemed to have been amplified since the visitation from his father. The guns did not frighten him. The humans did not frighten him. Even the Giant seemed barely worth mentioning. Jack felt like he could take them all on, maybe a dozen more.

With the battle ongoing, it's unlikely that any of the enemies noticed Jack sprinting towards them. That quickly changed as he opened his mouth and let out a primal howl. It was an unearthly shriek, one which could most accurately be described as the male version of a banshee's keen.

(Dashing into the fray, and activating the Battle Cry boon)
9 yards per tick
1 Legend spent to activate boon

Battle Cry
Charisma 4 + Presence 3 - 2 for multiple actions + 1 automatic success
[roll0]

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-02, 04:11 PM
NOTE: You do not get the bonus sucesses from Epic Atributes when using Boons unless specificly stated, this was clarified in Scion Companion.

Civil War Man
2009-08-02, 04:18 PM
Okay. I figured it was the opposite, since the core book pretty much only lists the dice pools, and then indicates when epic attributes don't apply. I don't have the companion, though, so only 3 successes instead of 4 (not that it matters, since as far as I can tell Battle Cry only requires 1).

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-02, 04:24 PM
Well I think it may have been errata disguised as a clarification. The problem is that without that (for example) a Satur (demi-god level monster) can render even Odin totaly helpless with their pipes as attack would go up exponentialy but defense goes up linearly.

Last1
2009-08-02, 04:50 PM
Yes, but that also renders a large number of boons basicly worthless just to protect aganst attacks on Integrity. What page is that?

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-02, 05:05 PM
OK, seems my scourse was lieing in the last game. Nevertheless it makes a good houserule. My explanation in the OOC thread.

Tyracus
2009-08-03, 05:02 PM
Seeing that his first attack had little Steven brings his left hand up to grip the hilt below his right and he brings the sword down as hard as he can with the full weight of his body in the swing.

Basic Attack (Spd 4) [roll0] + 2 AS
Damage: [roll1] +2 AS

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-03, 05:04 PM
Threshold 4 [roll0]

The blow lands hard but barely manages to break the skin causing instead significant brusing.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-03, 05:23 PM
The other dwarf lopes off at the same speed as the first.

Human 4 fires on, lemme see, Jack (why not?) [roll0] EDIT: Missing.

The Giant on the other hand, Roars in agony, then just plain roars, "STICH THIS LADDIE!" and jumps up and headbuts Steven on his way down. [roll1] EDIT: Missing as well.

Last1
2009-08-03, 05:28 PM
They shot at me.

It was a stupid thought, because she had just thrown a deadly shaft at someone, and was about to do so again, but it was still jarring. Her hand did its little twist as she conjured her weapon back to her hand. She tried to focus through the pandemonium, but couldn’t. She wasn’t sure who was hurt, or fine.

She let her body do as it was taught, her shoes scuffling the ground as her stance shifted, then again as she did the little half step forward to throw her body weight behind the javelin. It sped forward again, towards her bleeding opponent.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-04, 04:21 PM
Philip blows the walking stick away. "YE CALLIAKE!"

The Dwarves they keep on running. (Starting about 30 yards away and have now gained 5x8 and 3x8 yards)

The javelin impales another human, number [roll0] Ok as he is dead make that 4.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-04, 04:33 PM
Being pressed on the ground, Alexander decided, might be good for him. And by good for him he meant that it might hurt less than standing up. "Dwarf!" he calls into the distance, "get back here!"

(Overt Command.)

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-04, 04:56 PM
And the Dwarf replied "Screw yew!"

Humans 1 and 3 fire at Elaine [roll0] [roll1] DV 6. After all, she is the one with two kills to her name...

Seeing the fleeing dwarves, Nathan shoulders his rifle and takes aim at on of them. Even though they are under a geas to not talk, you can still get some information out of them. Seeing as how killing them would be counter-intuitive, Nathan aims to disable them, stop them from running. Taking aim, Nathan gets a bead on the target. Finally, he fires a bullet straight at the dwarf's leg. (OOC in two ticks)

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-04, 04:57 PM
OK, rolls narked up there.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tyracus
2009-08-04, 07:17 PM
As the giant brings his head down to strike Steven the Scion darts to the left, lands in a spring-like crouch against the steps and springs forward with Nothung leading into the giant's skull.

Attack: [roll0] +2
Damage: [roll1] +2L
Speed 4

Civil War Man
2009-08-04, 10:25 PM
The gunfire did nothing to dissuade Jack from continuing his charge. Even had most of those shots been aimed at him, he would have refused to slow down. With a wild grin on his face, he barreled down upon one of the human assailants, his arm cocked back to strike.

(Continuing dash attack 9 yards per tick. When one of the humans comes in range in a couple ticks or so, I'm throwing a punch. I'm rolling the attack at a -2 since I assume they count as simultaneous actions. If they don't, I'll roll the other 2.)

Dexterity 3 + Brawl 3 - 2
[roll0]

And if I connect

Strength 4 + threshold successes + 1 + 1 automatic success
[roll1]

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-05, 04:31 AM
More human running.

The Blow against the giant lands hard and causes large amounts of brusing and contusions, still not actualy breaking the skin.

Swaying wildly the giant lashes out at Steven with his fists [roll0] Yeah, right.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-05, 04:34 AM
Nathan hits the dwarf as intended, knocking him to the floor.

Last1
2009-08-05, 01:50 PM
A with a sharp twist, Elaine again conjured and threw again.

3 Successes on the attack roll

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-05, 02:14 PM
And that is 3 for 3.

Tyracus
2009-08-05, 05:10 PM
As the Giant flails wildly his fists Steven crouches below the first and brings his blade forward into the second as he steps inside. As the blade catches inside the base of the giants thumb Steven braces against the heavy push and counters with his own, hoping to use the combined pressure to finally score some appreciable damage against his foe.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

9 successes on the attack after epic dex. :smallbiggrin:
4 on damage. :smallannoyed:

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-05, 05:11 PM
Threshold of 4 [roll0]

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-05, 05:12 PM
forgot the epic dex [roll0]

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-05, 05:14 PM
GAH! Wound penalties.[roll0] Sigh.

The sword scrapes once again over the giant's skin.

The other dwarf has passed out of sight.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-05, 06:19 PM
Alexander groans out of pain. He's still on the ground. It still hurts. Stupid dwarf didn't even listen to him. He grabs for his gun and aims it at the Giant's knee, which is the only thing he can reasonably aim it at.

(Aim action.)

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-07, 02:02 PM
The human goes down to Jack's punch, but not before sending a bullet Jack's way: [roll0]

The giant continues to rant and rave "I'm gonna BREAK YOUR NECK!"

He tries to grab his assailant. [roll1] + 2 epic. Which with the attack penalty I think is enough!

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-07, 02:12 PM
Bullet damage [roll0] Lethal (3, so bullet proof skin!)

Steven is now Inactive

Clinch damage [roll1]+2 Lethal (5, so unless I am mistaken that it 2 post soak.)

Last1
2009-08-07, 03:44 PM
Elaine watched another man fall, stuck through. A scrap weapon, a head made from shavings and bits of extra material that didn’t quite make the cut. A cheap weapon, for cheap lives.

She jerked her arm back, did that odd twist again, conjuring her weapon back to her hand. It’s wooden shaft was hot against her palm. She reflexively shook it to throw off phantom blood – nothing real could stick to it, and sighted the last moral man standing tall against the progeny of the divine. Didn’t he know how small he was? She was about to punish him for his courage. The thought tasted bitter.

Half step backwards, twist, half step forward, put the body behind it. Jack stepped in front.

Elaine let out a little gasp as he moved in front of her, taking the man down with a punch. She threw her weight to the side, shoes slapping against pavement, and let got of shaft as it burnt her fingers, sliding free through the air.

Toward the giant.

Seven successes, plus any extra dice for stunt, of course. For damage [roll0] + any threshold.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-07, 03:46 PM
1 dice stunt [roll0]

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-07, 03:47 PM
3 dice threshold [roll0]

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-07, 03:53 PM
The spear tranfixes the giant's left eye and he goes down with a roar. Flat on the floor with the spear a full 3 1/2 inches into his head.

Still breathing.

OOC: OK guys. When you go round the courner you can't find the dwarf. Gone.

As for the others, you have the Giant (KOed), a Dwarf (Crippled) and a human (KOed) alive, 3 dead humans and a vanished Dwarf.

To determine trophies and whatnot, roll Int+Occult.

Combat is over.

Last1
2009-08-07, 04:03 PM
Elaine stared deadpan at the stunned giant.

"You know, that what they call not using your head."

Blackjackg
2009-08-07, 08:56 PM
As an uneasy calm settles over the scene in the wake of the violence, Philip takes his eye away from the sight on the M16 and scans the grisly view. He lets the gun fall limply in one hand, catching it before the muzzle scrapes on the ground. He steps gingerly over a body to stand in the middle of the carnage. He turns to his companions with a frown of disgust.

"If anyone has any brilliant ideas how to dispose of three bodies, I'd like to hear some."

Civil War Man
2009-08-07, 09:12 PM
Jack almost cringed. "Ye'll need a bit of work to improve your action movie one-liners," he said as he picked up the gun of the man he punched. He inspected the pistol closely, clearing the chamber and turning the safety on before tucking it into the back of his jeans. "I personally would use 'Can ye see my point now?' Works on a few different levels."

He crouched, and began rummaging through the pockets of the unconscious human. "Anyone see anything that might give us an idea of why they were here?"

Last1
2009-08-07, 09:19 PM
"Not all of them are dead. Do you think I should dispell my javelin? I understand you can kill someone by pulling out an arrow, because it was blocking the wound and stopping blood loss." Elaine gestured at the fallen giant. "But it's kind of disturbing, seeming that just stick out there."

"The bodies, the bodies. I think we'll have to load them up in the car and dump them. We should photo them first, I guess, to help us iditifiy them, but we'll have to be careful, since we don't want to be attatched to there murder. We also need to do something about yon vagabond." Elaine contenued, guestureing at the wino. "I don't think he's aware enough to iditify us, but we need to be sure."

Isley
2009-08-07, 10:26 PM
Don't worry about the bodies. You forget, I was under orders to investigate the terrorists in the museum. They fired first and we returned fire. Let the police handle cleanup. But, can one of you go tie up that dwarf I crippled. I don't want him to get away. Now for that other dwarf, I am loathe to let him escape ... While reloading the Remington, Nathan mummers a word in some forgotten language ad stares into the sky. For any who recognize it, it could only be ancient Egyptian.Spending 1 legend to activate Smoking Mirror to look for the other dwarf.

Last1
2009-08-07, 10:30 PM
"We need to get the dwarf underground soon. They turn to stone in the sunlight."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-08, 02:49 AM
You cannot see the Dwarf via smoaking mirror, or anything else noteworthy.

Last1
2009-08-08, 03:31 AM
"If, when... No, if. If we kill the giant, well - the blood from their heart is valuable. It can grant great strenth and stanima, for a short time. It has to be gatherer a short time from his demise."

"Just..." Elaine shook her head, "an unplesant thought. Sorry."

Isley
2009-08-08, 12:40 PM
Damn, can't find that little bugger. Oh well. For the he dwarf lets bring to headquarters in Thames house. There is a nice dungeon with no window in the bowels of the building. The blood though, you said it increases strength and stamina, but is there a side-effect

Last1
2009-08-08, 12:53 PM
"It will make you mad and dumb. Not as mad or dumb as a giant, but you won't be at your best."

Tyracus
2009-08-08, 05:00 PM
Shaking free of the unconscious giant's grasp Steven walks to the head of the giant and speaks as he inspects the javelin in the creature's eye.

She is correct about the Eitr that is contained within a giant's blood. It is in many ways similar to the Jotunblut that is tradition within my father's lineage but the edge it carries against you is far stronger. As for recovery, that is a simple matter if what my mentor told me is correct.

Steven collects the cider bottle, empties it and walks back to the giant. He removes the javelin from it's eye, throwing it back to it's owner's feet, and then strikes his sword into the giant's throat cutting through flesh and bone to remove the head. As the body quickly rots he catches the heart and turns the largest opening to pour into the bottle.

Giants are not natural parts of this world. They were crafted long ago to exist as basic troops for the titans. With the reshaping of the world by the gods they managed to maintain their form but by their very nature they should not exist in this world. When they perish that rejection takes hold and the body rots leaving only the core of their being intact, the heart.

Civil War Man
2009-08-08, 05:38 PM
"Did you really have to do that?" asked Jack. "I mean, I understand that you would need a container to hold giant blood and whatever, if you ask me, it's a rather horrific waste to just dump the cider on the grass."

Last1
2009-08-08, 10:23 PM
"Never mind all that. We need to figure out what these people were here for. A new exibit would be my first thought - but it could also be something that has been here awhile and forgoten. Or it could be the location."

"Somethings going on. Fate doesn't just move this mean Scions around for no reason, even if we're just Heroes."

Fiery Justice
2009-08-08, 11:15 PM
Alexander did not want to stand up. I suppose that goes without saying when you are shot in the side, but there it was. He was quite bitter about the whole escapade. They should have believed him, for one thing, and for another he had just been shot... by a human. Giant, two dwarfs, and he gets shot by someone who goes down to a spear not five seconds later. He grunted and placed his arms in front of him and pushed himself off the ground. It hurt. If you want my opinion, he should have just asked for help up, the proud git.

"I couldn't figure out anything before the shooting started," Alexander said, disappointment showing in his face as he glanced down at the wound. It wasn't the worst he'd ever had, but then again it is rather hard to trump the injuries of an assault by titanspawn and a car crash.

"We should check out the exhibits here, I agree, and someone should stay here and make sure that they don't come back at least till morning. As far as the location goes if anyone has any contacts who might know about it or expects to see their Parent, they might ask them about this area see if it has any particular significance. If neither of those turn up anything, we can do research at some of the libraries and on the internet or we can come back here, see if anything is stopping by for verification or the like. Anyone else got any ideas?"

Last1
2009-08-08, 11:57 PM
Elaine gave an unfocused stare, looking towards Alexander. "I can see," she stiffled a giggle, "see dead... sorry... people... Hehehehe."

"I wanted to say that for the longest time. Sorry. But really, I can. When they're around at least. I can cheek to see if the local ghosts have seen anything. They wouldn't notice the same things the living would."

Fiery Justice
2009-08-09, 05:16 AM
Alexander chuckled at Elaine's joke and let out a booming laugh when she explains how long she's been waiting to use it, remarking that he probably would have felt the same even though he had never watched that movie. His stomach let out a growl of titanic proportion and he sighed inwardly, he would need to eat now.

"I probably would have felt the same," he says to Elaine, "That'd be good, if there are any around here. I don't know how that works. Is anybody else hungry? Because I have a craving for some post-combat feed."

Last1
2009-08-09, 12:04 PM
"I just ate." Elaine's stomach chose that moment to let out a sympathetic grawl, she bluched slightly. "Though it was just a quick one."

"Ehh, I also need to swing by my hotel soon. I dropped off one of my relics eariler tonight because I didn't want to be to conspicuous, but if we're going to get in another fight I would like to have it."

Blackjackg
2009-08-09, 02:14 PM
Philip hands the rifle back to Nathan. "There's a cafe in the museum. If you lot're going to break in anyway, you might as well heat up a couple of pies if you're hungry. Of course, we've just fired several very loud firearms in the middle of London, so if the cops show up, I won't be sticking around for snacks. I'm as curious as the rest of you what's going on and why we were all brought here, but I'm not interested in being questioned by the police. So if we have to split up, I know a safe place we can meet up." He gives the location of a warehouse on the south bank of the Thames. It should be easy enough to find.

He claps Alexander on his unwounded shoulder. "How badly are you hurt, mate? Or cousin, I suppose I should say."

Fiery Justice
2009-08-09, 02:52 PM
"Cousin..." It took a few moments to register in his mind. Through his father's side. Alexander's parents were poor ones, though not monetarily I suppose, and he had never been very fond of either. He loved his grandmother and grandfather. He liked, maybe even loved, his uncle Jonathan and his kids. So his feelings on his cousins and uncles weren't really like his feelings for his mother. Could he fairly do the same to his paternal cousins?

So it was one of those moments. Is father's family even family at all? Alexander asked himself. He didn't decide just then on that fatal question and opted instead to come up with a dodge for it instead (for by the time he had sorted it out he had forgotten it wasn't a question), "I suppose that would be accurate," was his well reasoned response response, "But wouldn't we have to call the children of Apollo and Ares and such nieces and nephews?" Alexander finished, "Well aside from the homeless man on the bench out there, we didn't have any direct witnesses. Did he wake up?"

Wow. It was a lot harder to write that than I would have expected.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-09, 02:59 PM
As you look you do see that the old man has indeed gone (as has the Ł5 when you get close enough to see) possibly in search of better shelter against the rain than the flimsy bus shelter.

Civil War Man
2009-08-09, 05:45 PM
"I did not find any open bars around here," said Jack. "Taking the Underground out of here is our best bet. I think Lambert North is closest."

He prodded the unconscious human with his foot. "If you ask me, the only guys we should be really concerned about here are the ones who are still alive. The fact none of them died by gunshot wounds is suspicious, but it's not like they can give the Shades our description."

Last1
2009-08-09, 07:22 PM
Elaine dispelled her javilin. "Nor find the murder weapon."

"We really should go. Give us the address where you think we should be, and let us be gone."

Blackjackg
2009-08-10, 12:25 PM
"Right, great. Leaving, then. There's a pub near that warehouse I mentioned before that'll still serve food and'll give us a quiet place to talk. I can give three of you a lift, if you'd like. Only whatever we're doing, let's do it now."

Philip starts to walk back toward his car, his eyes and ears peeled for lights and sirens as he fishes his car keys out of his pocket.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-10, 01:51 PM
There is a menu for the "Whether suitable good taste you didn't think truly?" 24 hour chinese takeaway in the driver's door handle. The cover has what looks like a grining (but supprisingly accurate) Oni on the cover and a banner that reads "With each set meals valuables free bamboo slip cakes! Obtains the valuable knowing and tasty food!"

Blackjackg
2009-08-10, 02:46 PM
Philip glances up and down the darkened street with a mildly suspicious expression furrowed across his heavy brow, then re-reads the menu twice more. Something about the grinning oni is unnerving him, and the baffling text feels less like poor translation than like some sort of code bearing a hidden message. He turns to the person nearest him, handing over the menu.

"Or we could go here. Looks alright."

Fiery Justice
2009-08-10, 04:27 PM
Alexander, who had followed because his arm hurt and he didn't feel like walking in the rain, looked at it momentarily before taking it, "Looks tasty, did you forget to lock your doors?"

Civil War Man
2009-08-10, 06:51 PM
"So what do we do with the dwarf and the surviving human?" asked Jack. "As I said, I'm more concerned about the police finding them as opposed to the corpses."

As he spoke, he moved between the dead humans, carefully unloaded their pistols (gripping them through his leather jacket to keep from getting his fingerprints on them), and pocketed the ammunition.

Last1
2009-08-10, 07:31 PM
A frown crossed Elaine's face. "My hotel room isn't sucure, and I don't have any way of sneeking them up, so I can't help."

Tyracus
2009-08-10, 07:56 PM
I believe I may have a suitable location to store the prisoners. I'm not sure how she'll react to the visitors but she'll have no difficulty in keeping them subdued.

Civil War Man
2009-08-11, 06:27 PM
Jack shrugged. "Good enough for me." He picked up the knocked out human and threw him into a fireman's carry. "Someone grab the dwarf. And open up the boot. Do you want to grab takeout before or after we drop these guys off?"

Blackjackg
2009-08-11, 06:59 PM
Phil holds up his hands in protest. "Whoa there. No one's putting any hostages in my boot. Throw them in G.I. Joe's Humvee, and a couple of you can take them to your safe house. We'll pick up some Chinese takeaway and meet you there. Alright?"

Isley
2009-08-12, 12:26 AM
Nathan, over by the giant retrieving his spent ammo, walks back towards the group. Hearing Phil's comment, Nathan sighs. I'll take them both, but only if someone can stop their bleeding. The seats are leather and bloodstains are hard to get out.

Last1
2009-08-12, 01:11 AM
"Ah, hell." Elaine muttered, then looked around at the other Scions, "Do any of you even have bandages? I don't. No idea how to stop the bleeding without some."

Tyracus
2009-08-12, 08:35 PM
Standing up and sealing the bottle tightly Steven turns to the others.

I've never had to be too concerned about injuries of that scale so I haven't learned how to treat them. I learned in a rather frightful manner that the ichor in my body is far more capable of healing my body than any other force out there. As long as I can channel the energies to do so that is. It's dark enough and with the weather I doubt too many people will be watching outside. I'll carry the prisoners to my mentor's house and meet you back here, I did walk here from there. Assuming you have to return to the hotel and then back here we should be back at roughly the same time.

As he lifts the captives and begins to walk away he turns back to the others.

By the way, I think I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Steven Richardson, originally from America but I came here to learn under an acquaintance of my father's. Of course that was not my original intent but I'm sure you'll all understand the pressures of at least one overbearing parent. Not that my mentor is much better in some regards, and I'll likely get an earful from her about not being able to even draw blood cleanly while an unprepared javelin wielder shows me up so cleanly. Anyways the sooner I go the sooner I'll be back, just don't get into too much fun without me. I'll also check to see if there are any other uses for the Eitr we managed to collect, not that I'm expecting much.

Isley
2009-08-12, 09:13 PM
"Nice to meet you Steven. Don't worry about taking them, my Humvee does have room, and I have gauze in my trunk, but I'm no good in dressing wounds. I do need someone to sit on either side of them, the car does not have child safety locks, being military issue."

Civil War Man
2009-08-12, 09:43 PM
"I agree with putting them in the Humvee," said Jack. "Few people will be watching, but you would not wish to meet those who are. With a car, you will get there faster, and be less visible." He gave a sidelong glance at the Humvee as he placed the human inside. "At least, you will probably be less visible. You will not need to worry about treating the human's injuries, though. He is not bleeding."

Blackjackg
2009-08-12, 10:26 PM
Phil acknowledges Steven's introduction with a nod before returning to the conversation about first aid. "I'm not much for doctoring either, I'm afraid. I'd offer to come with you and staunch the bleeding, but I've got to take my own car."

In a brief pause, he looks over the faces of the group, flashing with sudden recollection when his eyes fall on Alexander. "I'm sorry, you were asking me something just now, weren't you? Whether or not I'd locked my doors." He glances over his shoulder, trying in vain to see whether the doors are unlocked. "I'm afraid I don't recall. Usually do I, but I'm a bit out of sorts tonight, and I may have forgotten. Why do you ask?"

Fiery Justice
2009-08-12, 10:55 PM
"I was hoping I might find out if we were dealing with someone accustom to thievery. Would've let me get into his head. Oh well, he's something of an imp no matter how he did it." Alexander straightened his back, "Can I have some of that gauze? Do you have any disinfectant? I need to treat my arm."

Isley
2009-08-12, 11:24 PM
Unlocking the doors to his car and taking out a standard first aid kit, Nathan says to Alexander All I have is the disinfectant that comes in here. Its not that good, but I don't have much call for it. But we should hurry, thanks to all the gunfire, the police should be here soon.

Last1
2009-08-12, 11:34 PM
"Somethings bugging me. Giants and Dwarves. Don't they both have strong Aesir connections?" Elaine muttered.

"I think we should look for a connection to the Third Reich." Elaine contenued. "We couldn't meet up here, not after the gun shots. There's a Chinesse place nearby, lets met there. We can come back here when it opens."

Blackjackg
2009-08-12, 11:50 PM
"Let's just concentrate on getting ourselves and these guys out of here." He opens up his door and climbs in the driver's seat. "I can take three with me. Hop in now or find your own way. We'll pickup some Chinese takeout on the way."

Last1
2009-08-13, 12:21 AM
Elaine nodded and fallowed.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-13, 12:38 AM
Alexander takes the disinfectant and hurridly applies it, grimacing. He hands whatever is left back to Nathan and then joins Phil and Elain.

Blackjackg
2009-08-13, 01:08 PM
"Safety belts on? Let's go."

The ride in the Balios X4 is swift and smooth, the engine humming quietly. Philip wastes no time, cruising through the streets at high speeds and running several yellow lights that he ought to have stopped for, but his passengers are never jostled. The interior of the car is comfortable and smells new. Many of its features are very modern and luxurious, but it lacks a few seemingly basic amenities like a CD player, even a radio. As a result, the ride is eerily quiet, with only the soft white noise of the engine. Phil gazes at the street ahead illuminated by his LED headlights as the lights of a London night whiz past to hypnotic effect.

The spell is broken when he stops the car at the restaurant, having to repeat the order several times to the person behind the counter. He returns to the car with several plump paper bags, emitting the delicious aroma of grease and steamed vegetables. On the road again, Philip is a little livelier, asking his passengers about themselves, and relating short anecdotes about his European travels as the car darts through the early morning traffic. He pulls up at Steven's safe house and climbs out of the car, carefully locking the doors once all his passengers have disembarked.

Ok, pointless and self-indulgent. But I blew a lot of points on this car and I may never get to use it. So I'm milking it.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-13, 01:41 PM
OOC: I pride myself that whenever a PC dumps all their points into something marginaly useful yet awesome, I will ensure it can shine at least once.

Tyracus
2009-08-13, 02:04 PM
Stepping up to the gate Steven lays his hand on it before turning to the others.

I'll take them in on my own and see if I can persuade her. I'd recommend that you wait out here but I won't say you can't come in. She can be a little critical of scions and is very ingrained with the Aesir's ideals on how a warrior should be, even after the long hiatus she was on before my grandfather called her back and my father roped her into mentoring me. She's a little resentful still, I'm not sure how familiar you are with Wagner's operas but it's a fair approximation of what happened last time she got involved with a Scion so any loud noises you may hear up to and including cries of agony has been par for the course before now.

Gathering the prisoners Steven steps boldly through the gates in true viking tradition but is keenly aware of any surprises that may await him.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-13, 02:06 PM
OOC: we can carry this out via PM and slide it back into the action later.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-13, 02:28 PM
The one thing that strikes you about the meal is the strange design of the fortune cookies, they are cubes about 1 inch wide made of a very hard biscuit material, you may need to hit them hard to break them open.

Cookies should not have sharp edges.

Last1
2009-08-13, 02:38 PM
Elaine stares at Steven's retreating back, then shrugs. She roots around through the piles of food, and finds one of the little plastic forks,

"Szechwan Beef for me," she muttered, puting her fortune cookie on her lap to eat after she finished.

Civil War Man
2009-08-13, 06:43 PM
(OOC: I'm assuming we're skipping ahead to everyone being at the safehouse for food now)

"Nice, still warm," said Jack as he began to rummage through the bags. "Let's see...I put in for the General Tsao's, large pork fried rice, beef teriyaki, and egg rolls." He stacked the food up on the table.

"Here's the Szechwan Beef," he added, handing the next container to Elaine. "Did anyone else order anything in particular?"

Something then seemed to occur to him. "How are we for drinks? Do you have any beer on you, or barring that, are there any nearby offies?"

Last1
2009-08-13, 07:13 PM
"Soda for me. I don't drink." Elaine stated, finishing off a obstinate bit of cow.

She looked up a moment later "...what? Something on my face?"

Fiery Justice
2009-08-13, 08:13 PM
"If you have any tea, that'd be great. If not, this just a midnight snack anyway." Alexander, as was his tradition, got out the fortune cookie first. He looked at it strangely and grabbed chopsticks out of the bag. He holds the chopsticks together and uses the heavy end to break open the fortune cookie.
Whenever I get a fortune cookie, I prefer to eat it immediately.

Last1
2009-08-13, 08:19 PM
"Don't... Gah. You'll ruin your appiitite eatting that first." Elaine scolded.

Me to, but I try and give my character's idosynriese that I don't have.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-13, 08:36 PM
"It's a fortune cookie!" Alexander replied defensively
I dislike tea. But I figured it might be helpful if I just jumped straight to it.

Last1
2009-08-13, 08:55 PM
"Whatever," Elaine muttered, braking hers open as well, "Let's all see what we got."

Fiery Justice
2009-08-14, 08:14 AM
"Five men can see what one man sees in a week in one day, nine hours and thrity six minutes which is great if you are hunting but kind of a waste if you are sightseeing in bed... No doesn't work." Alexander repeated the tired old to his compatriots, perhaps in the hope of lightening the mood.

Blackjackg
2009-08-14, 09:50 AM
Phil looks up from his pork and white rice as Alexander reads his fortune, a look of mild confusion passing over his face as he scoops up another mouthful with his chopsticks. "Weird fortune," he says before popping the food into his mouth. He eyes the four remaining fortune cubes as he chews.

Civil War Man
2009-08-14, 10:20 AM
"Sounds like some kind of math problem," added Jack in between bites. "Like the ones involving two trains leaving a city in opposite directions, or a farmer trying to fence in a field with a limited amount of materials."

Reaching across the table, he grabbed one of the remaining fortune cookies. Balling his hand into a fist, he crushed it, letting the shards sprinkle the top of his General Tsao's chicken as he read the slip of paper with his fortune.

(OOC: I don't care how hard the biscuit is. Strength 4 + Epic Strength 1 + the Crushing Grip Knack defeats it. No, I'm not actually activating the Knack, but its mere presence is more evidence in favor of my ability to crush odd fortune cookies)

Last1
2009-08-14, 01:11 PM
Elaine went still as she read her cookie. "Everyone, read yours now," she muttered. "I think we just got another nudge from fate."

"And turn on the TV. Mine reads, 'what a lucky lady to have two men try and give her their phone numbers. And they say the idiot box is for idiots.'"

Blackjackg
2009-08-14, 01:54 PM
Phil reaches out and takes hold of one of the fortune cookies, trying his best to break it open with his hands. Failing, he changes strategies and smashes it on the table, picking through the remnants to find his fortune.

Tyracus
2009-08-14, 02:11 PM
Entering the room Steven easily takes a carton of sweet and sour pork and starts into it. As he takes note of the shattered fortune cookies around him he takes his and snaps it in half with a lazy flick of the wrist to get at the fortune inside.

Well our prisoners are safely incarcerated. The only real news to report is that the gods of Albion have decided to enlist several clans of giants into their ranks so unless someone happens to know the name of that giant we probably want to expect a little trouble.

Civil War Man
2009-08-14, 03:14 PM
Jack's chewing slowed, eventually coming to a complete stop. He wasn't sure if what he was about to say was the smartest idea, but the mere thought of withholding the information caused his divine half to threaten to push out the food he was eating.

"The elf mentioned that the giant we fought was a McOol. It's not quite the same pronounciation as MacCumhaill, but the Brits sometimes have a hard time with Irish pronounciations. Fionn MacCumhaill is one of Ireland's most legendary Irish warriors. He may also have been a giant, depending on who you ask. Supposedly he was the one who built the Causeway up in northern Antrim. It's hard not to pick up information like that, especially when one turns out to be the son of one of the chief gods of this region."

Jack then placed his fortune on the table where the others could read it, then went back to eating.

The best spy is a spy who does not know that he is a spy, but I prefer a baker who realises he is standing next to an oven.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-14, 03:35 PM
When turned on the TV displays the news with the caption:

"TERRORIST ATTACK AT IMPERAL WAR MUSEUM"
A middle aged female reporter is at the scene for the BBC

"...so as of yet very little actual news Huw."

The shot cuts back to the studio where a greying man with a welsh accent.

"So Sarah, I understand that the operation has been taken in hand by the Unusual Circumstances Response team, do you know if this is related to the contamination incident at the Backwater Reservoir in Scotland?"

And back

"Not as yet." She turns around. "I think the head of the taskforce is going to issue a statment." The camera zooms to a blonde man in his mid twenties wearing almost the steriotyped civil service grey suit, Oxford college tie and bowler hat. "Sir Andrew, what can you tell us?"

"Hello Sarah. At the moment we are just appealing for wittnesses. We think that the intuders may have been interupted and would be very interested indeed to get their side of events. All witnesses that come forward can be assured total privacy and discression, our incident room number is 0494772295. That number again, 0494772295. That is all I can say at this time. Thank you." He walks off.

Last1
2009-08-14, 04:24 PM
Elaine frowned thoughtfully. "We need to find out what they know. Do any of you have the skills or connections to find out what the, what was it? What the Unusual Circumstances Response Team is up to."

Isley
2009-08-14, 04:36 PM
Putting down his chopsticks and his bowl of kung pao chi ting, Nathan says to his compatriots: "Technically I'm on loan to MI5, which I think is the parent organization of the Unusual Circumstances Response Team. Let me call Dave, my contact in America and he'll see what he can find out.

Nathan takes out his international cell phone and dials Agent David Biddey.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-14, 04:38 PM
The phone rings for a while then "Speak to me."

Blackjackg
2009-08-14, 05:41 PM
(Moments ago)

Phil reads his fortune silently twice, then out loud. "'A week is a long time in politics. A year is a short time in government. Always remember who is who.' But what does it mean?"

Fiery Justice
2009-08-14, 05:56 PM
Alexander took a bite out of his food to consider his fortune. On the one hand, it seemed to recommend splitting up. But he hated splitting up and he didn't know who provided this information. More than that, Alexander distrusted the gods and he was fairly sure this was their doing. When he saw the spy quote, Alexander glanced nervously at his backpack which once again carried The Omphalus Stone, a relic of Chronus and Zeus. He considered for a moment holding back, these people were strangers and servants of the gods no less.

But Alexander wasn't his father and he wasn't careless with his friends. Or allies. Whatever. "So, speaking of spys who might not know their spies..." Alexander got the rock out of his backpack and held it up in front of him, "Meet the Omphalus Stone, the rock swallowed by Chronus in substitution for Zeus. I don't know who gave it to me, it was on my doorstop unlabeled a week or so after I moved to London."

Last1
2009-08-14, 07:10 PM
"I wounder if that means someone close to you is a spy for the titans and doen't know it? Prophecy isn't my strong suit - I guess I was lucky getting something so clear cut."

Tyracus
2009-08-14, 07:13 PM
McOol you say? Bad news for us then because that was one of the clans that had been drafted into service. I'm sure we can plead ignorance and self-defense this time but if it comes up again we may have more trouble.

After reading the fortune cookie he looks puzzled.

I don't know what kind of messed up fortune this is but it seems like fate is throwing down the gauntlet this time. Save each other twice, once from fear and once from love the former I'll know too late and the latter too early. Well it's better than "You'll be smashed into paste by a giant next Tuesday" buy it's gonna bug me til I figure it out. Which will naturally be right after the events have already gone by. It's almost as bad as talking with the Norns.

Isley
2009-08-14, 07:31 PM
"Dave, its Nathan. Great idea to come to London on vacation, its gorgeous. I actually met a bunch of people here who were as blessed by their parents as I was. As far as I can tell they're a great bunch. That attraction you said might be full of cockroaches was indeed. Those little bugs were hostile when I stumbled onto them in the middle of eating. One of them was a quite bit bigger than the others, but not as smart, so I stomped on it. Ony one of them got away. Anyway, the reason that I'm calling is to ask you two favors. One is to call my new office to check in for me and tell them that I'm going to need temporary leave to sightsee some more and that I'll continue my work outside. The other thing is, can you find out what that organization who is watching my work knows and if they are interested in hiring." Thanks a bunch. SMS me with the results. Well good night and enjoy your fishing trip tomorrow

The reason Nathan is speaking like that is because he doesn't know if the line is being tapped or not. Dave should understand what was said to be "I'm in London, met a bunch of friendly scions, confirmed enemy action in museum, confirmed titanspawn. 1 escaped enemy. Asking him to let MI5 know he is investigating and hunting the remaining terrorist and that it was him + others who staved off the terrorist plot. Also he asked about the Unusual Circumstances Response Team, if they were friendly and to find out what they know. Finally the fishing thing tells Dave what encryption to use on the SMS.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-14, 08:08 PM
"It's not Fate giving us these, it's someone. A person, not a force. Who knows who? It might even be the homeless man who was outside the museum. We don't know who and we don't know why. Don't be too trusting. These could be from an enemy. But if we assume they're true, I agree with Elaine, someone conveying information to the titans. I pointed out that I got the Omphalus Stone from an unknown benefactor. When I found it I had assumed it was a threat or something from my father, well after I figured out what it was, but now... I'm not so sure."

Civil War Man
2009-08-14, 09:55 PM
"Hmm..." Jack chewed thoughtfully on one of his egg rolls. "Now, I'm not exactly cut out for riddles, but I think that trying to figure out these fortunes separately may make it harder. Perhaps they'll make more sense if we look at them together."

He put down the half-eaten eggroll, and began to work on the fried rice. "Now, the math problem one. Five can see the same things that one person can in what I assume is one-fifth the amount of time. Good for hunting, since if the five people split up, they can cover the same area faster. Bad for sightseeing, because none of them see the whole picture."

Jack leaned forward in his chair. His mind seemed to be running steadily, trying to find connections between the slips of paper. "Elaine's seems pretty easy. It seems to be focused on getting us the phone number to this agency. There may be some other meaning hidden in it, but for now we at least have a plausible explanation." He pointed at Philip. "A week in politics versus a year in government. Politics is cheap. Words are cheap. An MP will say anything to get elected. What matters is what they do once they are elected. It may be a warning to look at the intentions and goals of supposed allies, as opposed to simply trusting their words."

He ate a little more rice. Jack seemed to be on a roll. At least, he hoped he was. "Save each other twice. Once from fear, once from love. Fear you'll know too late, Love you'll know too early. Perhaps not all threats will be the same? Or allies and enemies will be hard to distinguish? Maybe saving from Love too early will make a potential ally into an enemy?" Jack drummed his fingers against the table. "And a spy who does not know they are a spy. I think it would be naive to assume that it is someone I know. It may be wiser to figure that the unwitting spy is one of us. And since I got that fortune, if that is true then it may very well be me. I mean, there is a common thread. The clan of the giant we fought had at least some influence in where I grew up, if Fionn was one of them. But it doesn't necessarily say that being a spy is bad. A spy may be working for the good guys. It may be that the fortune writer simply prefers whoever they are referring to to be aware."

Jack stopped, and ate some more of the fried rice. He seemed to have run out of ideas for the time being. "I don't know," he said. "There isn't really enough information to make an informed judgment. I suppose that's why the Tuatha prefer to meet their obstacles head-on."

Fiery Justice
2009-08-14, 11:15 PM
Alexander sat perfectly still for a moment. He nodded his head and picked up his bag and the Omphalus Stone and sat it outside the room, closing the door as he returned. "Once from fear and once from love. Phobus and Demios along with Anteros and Eros, maybe. Two sets of brother deities, all children of Aphrodite and Ares according to myth, all of their names basically mean 'Fear' or 'Love'. I don't know, I'm Greek that's what I think of. So if you see any nubile, sexy young men other than me, be weary.

Another possibility is that we'll meet individual beings who are really hideous or terrifying but are on our side, we'll assume their monsters and instigate the fight. Then we'll meet people who are really attractive, physically or by prospect, and we'll assume they're NOT on our side, our suspicion will get us into trouble and you'll bail us out. Fates, I'm glad I'm not one of the Aesir."

Tyracus
2009-08-14, 11:53 PM
You will save each other twice. Once from one you fear, and once from one you love. You will know of fear when it is too late, and love when it is too early.

As I said; letting these fortunes, which are as much a part of fate as anything else, rule our decisions and effect how we act and proceed is a dangerous game to play. I was taught to be mindful of the spear hidden in the dark that was taking aim but to never allow that fear to cause me to hesitate in front of the spear I can see as either spear will kill you just as surely as the other.

The real kicker is that I really don't have anyone I love or anyone I fear. The latter is understandable, I won't know how fearful that person is until I've saved someone from it but the former either means this prophecy is sometime in coming or it relates to the closest thing I have to a loved one, my mentor Brynhildr. She is a terrifying beauty made manifest in the glory of battle, she carries with her einherjar who have proven themselves in the harshest battles and even some who have partaken of the blood of gods to become more than human and even a match for anyone at this table. The only time I know that she has turned is when the ring of andvari came to her with it's curse when Siegfried was with her. I know Wagner's version of the story which is obviously wrong since she's alive but what that could portend is something dire indeed.

But to take a deeper look at the others, I think you're disregarding the last part of yours Jack. The meaning I take from it is that while there are times that it can be good to not notice things there are things which must not be ignored for one to fulfill their purpose. "The baker who is next to his oven" could be a warning that you're missing something important. Something that will give us the direction we need.

As for the politics one, look at the most recent elections we've had in America. Accusations flying, promises being made, broken, and remade, and polls jumping from day to day as to who was in the lead. Now that we're past all of that we have to see how our new president is going to overcome the inertia of the very large organization he now heads. Fate's going to place us in position to act for a cause soon, but it will take time for us to fulfill our roles.

I know I seem to chalk things up to fate a lot but I went from being a private investigator in America who received a check, plane ticket, and a note to a god-spawned warrior who learns from the chief Valkyrie of the Aesir and is figuring out random clues from huge fortune cookies with five other people like me. I stopped trying to make sense of things a long time ago and just accept what happens as I follow my own convictions through the briers.

As for being Aesir, it's not all that bad. We have a remarkably focused pantheon as long as Loki isn't involved and when you really need something smashed it's all a matter of finding a scion of Thor. They have such a wondrous talent for destruction should the need ever arise. Then again Nothung is hardly a slouch in the property destruction department either. The tale related to it's reforging isn't just talk and in Wagner's opera it did work well enough against Gungnir.

Last1
2009-08-15, 03:37 AM
"He, I'll admit I'm balls at inturupting prophecy. Don't really have anything to add. Speaking of the Aesir though, I think we should cheek out the world war two exibit when it opens."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-15, 03:47 AM
The reason Nathan is speaking like that is because he doesn't know if the line is being tapped or not. Dave should understand what was said to be "I'm in London, met a bunch of friendly scions, confirmed enemy action in museum, confirmed titanspawn. 1 escaped enemy. Asking him to let MI5 know he is investigating and hunting the remaining terrorist and that it was him + others who staved off the terrorist plot. Also he asked about the Unusual Circumstances Response Team, if they were friendly and to find out what they know. Finally the fishing thing tells Dave what encryption to use on the SMS. The decripted reply comes as follows:

Unusual Circumstances are part of the British Civil Service, not Ministry of Intelligence 5, Secret Intelligence Service, Government Communications Headquarters or the Defence Intelligence Staff as such is out of our communication radar. Does report to the Joint Intelligence Committee however, as well as a department of the civil service that we know only a little of. Head of taskforce is Civil Servant by name of Sir Andrew Hardcastle, can be googled for surface info.

Fiery Justice
2009-08-16, 03:05 PM
Alexander yawns exaggeratedly, "So are we gonna call these guys like the fortune cookie tells us to?"

Isley
2009-08-16, 11:04 PM
"For the prophecies, they will unfold in time, the more you try to guess what they mean, and act on those guesses, th more trouble you'll get yourself in."
Just then, Nathan's phone buzzed. Philip got back to him. Decoding the message, he exclaimed: "Civil Service? The Unusual Circumstances is part of civil services? This complicates things. Sighing, Nathan says to the group "I vote to call them after we do a little digging on them. They could be pawns of the person pulling the strings in the museum, so it doesn't hurt to be careful. Alex, you have an Internet phone, right? Look up the head of the Response Team, Sir Andrew Hardcastle. My phone doesn't have Internet here in Britain."

Tyracus
2009-08-16, 11:15 PM
We're all tired at the moment so I would recommend we rest. I'll go with Elaine in the morning to look around the museum, maybe see what there is to find there. Alex and Nathan can do their digging and see what else they can find on the men behind that number while Jack and Philip can do a little carousing to see what else there is coming into town. I don't think those giants are going to take kindly to the death of their kin and I'd much rather know when they come into town looking than to have them drop in on me unannounced. With that I'm going back to Bryn's to crash there, maybe something will come up and I'll have a report about our prisoners in the morning.

Last1
2009-08-17, 01:12 PM
"I also vote for caution when dealing with the goverment - even if they aren't on the titan's side, they won't automaticly be on our. But enough of that, we all need some sleep." Elaine yawned, and got up.

"Dibs on the coach."

Blackjackg
2009-08-17, 02:15 PM
Philip grunts agreeably as he puts away his chopsticks. "Fine, fine. The floor's good enough for me. I'll give the pair of you a lift to the museum in the morning, then take a spin about the neighbourhood."

Civil War Man
2009-08-17, 07:56 PM
"Pub hopping is probably not going to yield anything for most of the day." Jack, unlike the others, showed no signs of fatigue. Which was good, considering that he was still working his way through his food. "The morning drinkers aren't exactly the type who will have a lot of information. And even if they did, they'd be too **** faced to remember any of it."

He propped his feet up on the table. "I may as well take a look at the museum, too. At least for a few hours. And if we don't find anything, I'll at least have seen the inside for once. It's funny how one can live in a town for years and never visit any of the major attractions."

Fiery Justice
2009-08-17, 09:15 PM
Alexander smirked at the conversation of who was sleeping on the floor of a safehouse when he had a bed at home, "I have an apartment with a bed. So I'm going home for the next four hours, after which I'll wake up when the sun comes up. After that, I'll do some rapid fire searches on this Hardcastle guy. Nathan, do some morning research with whatever local contacts and call me when you've got something or you've used up your resources, here's my number." Alexander quiet seriously produced a business cards with the word, Alexander Olympios, Your New Best Friend on it right above his contact number and email address.

Alexander headed outside and looked up. He held still when he got out the door. The rustle of wind, the slight sweeping touch of it as it moved into his bones. The sudden press of the light drizzle against his skin, somehow heavier. The tingling sensation that ran through his body. He rose higher and higher where he stood, touching the sky and not the earth. He look up and saw the clouds mixed with stars, more like mist and candles now as he joined their place in the sky. He smiled. Alexander loved flying. Of course, he still had to find street signs and such in order to get home and it'd take him longer. But nonetheless, he loved flying.

What qualifies as a scene for you, EvilDMMk3?

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-18, 02:24 AM
A scene:
Untill the end of combat.
Untill the start of something major and new.
About 20 minutes.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-18, 02:38 PM
It is morning, you have all met up.

Blackjackg
2009-08-18, 02:54 PM
Phil emerges from the bathroom, his skin shining with the warm glow of one who has just showered, further evidenced by the steam escaping through the door behind him and the fact that he's drying his short hair with a towel. He's wearing a set of clean clothes, similar in style to those he was wearing the night before: a loose, sky-blue silk shirt and black slacks. Casually, he tosses the towel over his shoulder as he sets to rolling up the makeshift bedding he had laid out on the floor the previous night.

"Good morning," he smiles, "did you sleep well? Are we all ready to go?"

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-18, 03:14 PM
Last night's drizzle has quickened and redoubled, the sky is dark with clouds and water pours from the sky, despite the weatherman predicting light showers, although there is no significant wind.

Last1
2009-08-18, 03:49 PM
"Yeaheh-eh-ah." Elaine yawned out, as she rolled off the coach. "Could we swing by my motal? I left a Relic of mine their last night. It's a bit blatent to wear, but by the way things are going, I may need it."

Isley
2009-08-18, 04:34 PM
Nathan pulls up to the safe house after a visit to the local coffee shop and sees Alexanders car around the corner. Walking in just as Phil gets out of the bathroom, he shuts the door and walks into the kitchen.
Seeing as how Nathan woke up at 11:00 PM, Nathan did some research on the unusual circumstances response team and its leader on google. Holding the printouts of what he found under his arm and cups of coffee and scones for everyone, Nathan sits down at the table.
Responding to Elaine's question, he responds:
No problem, I'll take you there before we go to the museum. It might be best if I we all went to the museum albeit at separate times so people think we are not together. Too much attention is being payed to the museum for something not to happen, and it might be best to have backup.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-18, 05:20 PM
The articles are as follows:

Government forms new taskforce.
From 2004, this article explains that the government created a special taskforce to co-ordinate and oversee the government's responce to scenarios outside of the normal remit of intelligence agencies. As well as preparing for the more unlikely terrorist threats it also absorbed several small (ie 2 or 3 man) committees on stuff like Alien Invasion Protocalls and even one on what to do in the case of the Second Comming. The article is joking about it a bit.

Unusual Circumstances called in on Llanwertha killings
The taskforce was brought in to help invesitage a grousome string of killings where the victims heads had been crushed to pulp in and around the Welsh village of Llanwertha in late 2004. The killer was found to have committed suicide.

Unusual Circumstances investigate dissapreanace of "Ragnarok Prophet".
Mostly taken up in asking why they are bothering this article from 2005 mentions them investigating the disapreance of a noted Stafford Doomsayer, who was predicting the events leading up to Raganrok and giving some exact dates (the first of which, the start of Fimbelwinter, was for late 2008).

Department of the Occult existance denied.
In 2006 a book called "Britain's Secret Witches", launched to try and catch a wave with the Davinchi Code movie, accused the UK government of having a "Department of the Occult" who where (amoung many other wierd things like causing the UK's wet climate with a secret magic weather generator) the real bosses of the taskforce.

UFO, not Unidentified, not Flying, not an Object.
Unusual Circumstances investiaged a string of UFO sightings in a media lampooned mission near Manchester. Scource discovered to be a funny effect of light from cars reflected off a new glass and steel building.

Virus outbreak calls in Unusual Circumstances.
In 2008 there was a virus outbreak at the Backwater water resevour. The team was called in. This case is still open.

Unusual circumstances investiage museum break in.
This one you know.

Sir Andrew's Who's Who article.
Born 29th Febuary 1974. Illegitimate child of the 17th Duke of Whichurch and an unknown woman. Youngest of the Duke's sons, born after the death of his wife. Eaton, Oxford. Good Civil service carrier, high flyer. Current rank of Private Secritary (one of the youngest in history).

Fiery Justice
2009-08-18, 07:04 PM
Alexander, who was already grateful to Nathan for the work he had done, smiled happily when he saw him carrying coffee, "Remind me I owe you one, Nathan."

Alexander had changed into a fine, well tailored business suit from his business casual the night before. He picked up the article on Sir Andrew first, "Looks like we've got a scion on our hands," he remarked in a level tone, "I wonder who of.."

Isley
2009-08-18, 07:46 PM
Sipping his coffee, Nathan says to Alex, "Don't be so hasty in jumping to conclusions. All we know is that he was born to an unknown mother and is on the fast track. When I first read the article, thats what I thought too, but we can't be sure. For all we know he's the son of a titanspawn. I know, doubtful, but all I'm saying is that we shouldn't make any decisions about that until we know more.

Last1
2009-08-19, 01:56 AM
"Or, for that matter, he may have a perfectly normal family line going back to the dawn of human history. If he's the man in charge we need to find up. Even if he is a scion, it doesn't mean he's on our side."

"The interests of gods do not always conicide. For that matter, the inerests of gods and the interest of goverments don't always match, and not all scions side with their divine parent."

Civil War Man
2009-08-19, 01:58 PM
"We may not know his exact lineage, but he is both the bastard kid of a single parent and head of some ministry's agency that's apparently ass deep in the affairs of gods. Let's just say that the chances of him being more than mortal are pretty good, whether he's Scion, Titanspawn, elf, dwarf, alien, zombie, or any one of a long list of mythical creatures that seem to be conveniently hanging around."

Last1
2009-08-19, 11:19 PM
Elaine shrugged. "We could debate the issue all day, and come no closer to an answer. If we want to know, we'll have to investigate him."

Tyracus
2009-08-19, 11:56 PM
Entering the house and setting a very we umbrella by the door Steven takes a scone and cup of coffee as his eyes glance over the papers quickly.

Seems like an unusual paper chain you have there. Now we just have to find out what the common thread is, if there is one. The Llanwertha story really screams giants to me, that or a rogue scion who has a talent for that sort of bloody killing, the culprit killing himself seems really suspicious also. It really seems like someone is working on keeping things hush hush as to not cause worry and to make it a joke so if anyone comes forward with good evidence they'll be torn down as a hoax.

The Ragnarok Prophet does intrigue me though, let's see what we find and if we come up empty that'll be one I might have a lead on.

Last1
2009-08-20, 10:48 AM
"Speaking of finding commons here, have any of you visited the imperial war museum before? Where should we met up inside?"

Isley
2009-08-20, 02:19 PM
"I don't know, it'll take a bit more investigating. Did your mentor have any luck getting any info out of the two prisoners or is that geas ironclad?

But, as of right now, the best course that I can see would be to investigate at the scene of the incident. I say we meet up somewhere easy to find, the large exhibits gallery, next to the royal navy cruise missile. How does that sound?"

Last1
2009-08-20, 04:28 PM
"Sounds good," Elaine stated as she stood up. "Lets go."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-20, 04:31 PM
OOC: You mean Polaris. Britian never used Cruise, we ended up buying Trident. Anyway I will move you to your locations when I get a more rounded YES on that subject, be aware that I may be conducting portions via PM and please, prefix each post while the party is split with the location name I will give in BLOCK CAPS BOLD so we can all keep track of what is happening where..

Civil War Man
2009-08-20, 06:40 PM
"May as well get going now. Otherwise, we're just burning daylight. I'll head with people over to the museum, then start canvassing the pubs tonight to see if there are any leads there."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-21, 12:27 PM
As you head through the torrential rain and get near the Imperial War Museium you see that, quite sensibly in retrospect, the area has been cordened off by the police. It seems that the museium is closed and the area is being treated as a crime scene.

Percpetion + Awerness from all of you.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-22, 01:06 PM
Alexander + Jack

The rain obscures your vision of most things, but you can see a pair of police constables walking towards the car.

Philip

You can also see something in a nearby alley to your left.

Elaine

As well as the thing in the alley, there is also a humanoid figure on roof ahead of you, behind the cordon.

Nathan

The figures in the alley are 3 giants. There is also a furtive figure off to the right.

Steven

The furtive figure is wearing a hooded robe. One of the giants has darkened glasses on.

Last1
2009-08-22, 02:54 PM
"On the roof," Elaine mutters under her breath so only her fellow Scions will hear. "Another someone is up there."

Tyracus
2009-08-22, 08:11 PM
There's more than the one on the roof. There are three giants in the alley to the left and a hooded figure off to the right. It seems there must be some big prize in there.

Civil War Man
2009-08-22, 09:59 PM
"Assuming they are all working together, it may just be escalation. After all, their last attempted was disrupted by approximately half a dozen people with superpowers. That being said, I only see the two cops coming over here."

Isley
2009-08-22, 11:44 PM
I see the giants too, but let me deal with the cops first, we do not want them in the middle of things when they go to hell. As for the giants, I say just watch for now, but be prepared for the worst.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-23, 06:46 AM
As the police near they are a female police sergent and a male police constable. The Sergent knocks on the window of what would be the driver's side in a british car, the passanger side in this car.

Blackjackg
2009-08-23, 07:47 AM
Philip indicates to his front seat passenger that they should roll down the window as he fishes out his driver's license and the registration for the car. "Good morning, officers, he calls, leaning across the divide toward the window, "Something the matter?"

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-23, 07:50 AM
"This area has been closed off, there was an incident here last night. The Musieum is closed for the time being." The sergent looks around the car. "Are you here for any particular reason?"

Blackjackg
2009-08-23, 08:15 AM
"We were only hoping to take my American friend here to see the museum... in this weather we couldn't very well do anything outdoors. But if it's closed as you say, we'll find something else to do."

Last1
2009-08-23, 01:06 PM
"Thank god," Elaine muttered under her breath, "why do I always have to come to these kinds of gatherings."

Louder, "They're closed, can we go now? I have a play I need to practice." She bouced to showcase her 'wings.' "I'm playing the angel."

Civil War Man
2009-08-24, 07:56 AM
"Any idea when the museum should reopen?" asked Jack from the back seat. "Because with the museum closed and the rain not letting up we're probably not going to see half the stuff we planned."

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-24, 08:00 AM
"Forensics has allready been here, we don't know for sure but we have been told that the museum's website will have information, and that the earliest it will be open is the day after tommorow."

At this point a large open can of lager is thrown (if you can see him then by the cloaked man) so that it lands on the bonnet of the car. If you so wish you may take an action. One only.

Blackjackg
2009-08-24, 08:07 AM
Phil looks up in confusion, then looks over at the constables. "Did you see who threw that, officers? I think they were trying to hit you!"

Last1
2009-08-24, 11:50 AM
Elaine stared at the can for half a second, what the bloody h...

Isley
2009-08-24, 12:23 PM
Following the path of the lager back to its source, Nathan concentrates on the furtive figure and giants. Under his breath, Nathan says: What in my mother's name does he think hes doing throwing a can of beer at my car..."

Civil War Man
2009-08-25, 04:56 AM
"Son of a..." muttered Jack as he undid his seatbelt. "Did any of you see where that can came from, because I'm going to head up there and teach whoever threw it a lesson in manners."

Fiery Justice
2009-08-26, 07:46 AM
Alexander, who is sitting in the back of Nathan's car, seems to be quiet content to sit quietly, perhaps not wanting to draw attention to his gunshot wound.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-26, 01:32 PM
The can does something that few cans of high alcohol content beverage have done in the past.

Lager can go BOOM. The relic car is rocked by the blast but is unharmed. This creates a safe zone behind it, shielding the second car from most of the damage, at worst you might need new windscreen wipers and a spot of paint. The same cannot be said of the two police officers who, if alive, need serious and imediate medical care.

Let battle be joined.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-28, 06:30 AM
Combat order:
0 Cloaked figure
1 Nathan
2 Steven
4 Elaine
5 Philip, Giant 1, Giant 2, Blind Giant
6 Alexander, Jack
7 Rooftop figure

The cloaked figure darts backwards and around the nearest corner.

Nathan?

1 Nathan
2 Steven
3 Cloaked figure
4 Elaine
6 Alexander, Jack
7 Rooftop figure

Isley
2009-08-28, 11:39 AM
Nathan, never slow to react, sees the fleeing attacker and decides that he is the greatest threat. Grabbing his M16 from under the seat and slinging it behind his back, Nathan opens the door and sprints to the building next to the one that the shrouded person ran behind. Trying to bridge the gap and get a better shot, Nathan jumps as high as he can. At the apex of his jump, he grabs onto the bricks of the building and continues to climb the remaining yards to the top.

jump=strength + athletics: 3+3=6 yards
sprint = 5+6+2(epic)

evil, if you want me to roll something to catch onto the wall, just tell me, until then, I'll assume that epic dex made it auto succeed.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-28, 11:49 AM
The robed figure was at ground level. You are confusing two people.

The hooded figure is on the other side near similar buildings and at ground level too.

The rooftop figure is a longish way off, past the corden. ANYWAY. You see the figure standing on the ground, close to the wall of the road furthest from the cars in what looks like a clumsy attempt to grab the first person to come round the corner after him. You can see him from your vantage point's angle.

Steven.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-30, 05:48 PM
Steven charges at the blind giant, using the wall of a building to prevent himself being surrounded. He draws Nothung as he moves and brings it round from its draw in an attack. The blow hits home but barely scraches the skin. The giant sniffs deeply and then mutters "Norse."

The cloaked figure continues to wait. Elaine throws and misses.

Philip

6 Alexander, Jack, Steven, Cloaked figure.
7 Rooftop figure, Elaine

Civil War Man
2009-08-30, 07:05 PM
(for when it comes around to my turn)

"Well now," said Jack as he jumped from the car and ran towards the giants. "I do hope that he's not planning on fighting all of them by himself."

(I'm running at the giants. If I am within range, I'll also throw a punch at one of the not-blind ones.)

Blackjackg
2009-08-31, 08:21 AM
Acting on instinct, Philip slams his foot down on the gas pedal, pulling the car squealing ahead into the street. He screeches to a halt about fifty feet further on, then checks to see if anyone (particularly police) is following the car. With his left hand, he rummages under the driver's seat and retrieves his handgun.