PDA

View Full Version : Online Cartoon/Anime Parodies

XBobbis
2009-07-27, 03:24 PM
So, I've seen a lot of good anime parodies out there; ranging from voice overs and fake dubs to full on flash parodies.

One of the more famous examples I can think of is the Juggernaut example that actually made it into the 3rd X-Men movie.

Billy vs SNAKEMAN (http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?86750)
If you haven't heard of it, it's an enjoyable little browser game that only takes a few minutes a day.

Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged (http://www.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/)
A fairly hilarious take on Yu-Gi-Oh, I've never seen the series, but I found them entertaining.

Got any good ones to share?

Prime32
2009-07-27, 04:54 PM
Team FourStar (http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar)'s Dragonball Z: The Abridged Series is the best abridged series after Yu-Gi-Oh! (it's an all-star team with people from the abridged series of Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, and a ton of others including LittleKuriboh himself as the narrator)

Girlchan in Paradise (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/484273) is also a hilarious parody of shonen fighting anime (particularly Naruto and DBZ) and poor dubs, from the creator of Metal Gear Awesome.

Lord Seth
2009-07-27, 10:38 PM
Naruto: The Abridged Series is another good Abridged Series (I'm pretty sure it was an early Abridged Series also, before all kinds of people jumped on the bandwagon); the guys who did that also worked on TeamFourStar's DragonballZ Abridged. Unfortunately, it's been really stalled, likely due to their work on other things, including DBZ Abridged. Honestly, the only Abridged Series I really pay attention to are Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, DragonballZ, and Phoenix Wright: Abridged Attorney (which isn't as good as the previous ones but still has some moments of pure brilliance).

Sucrose
2009-07-27, 10:51 PM
I cannot shill for hbi2k enough; both Gantz Abridged and Berserk Abridged are absolutely brilliant. He's also working on Vision of Escaflowne Abridged, but that one's kinda hit and miss. Beyond that, GanXingba's Avatar Abridged is pretty funny, and he has some decent other humor on his Youtube channel.

XBobbis
2009-07-28, 01:05 PM
I wonder why most parodies are of anime, when the people making them have probably been around American cartoons longer.

...oh God, can you think of Sponge Bob Abridged?

My friend mentioned Excel Saga, but I've only seen that last episode which was a clusterfudge of randomness.

raitalin
2009-07-28, 05:21 PM
I wonder why most parodies are of anime, when the people making them have probably been around American cartoons longer.

My friend mentioned Excel Saga, but I've only seen that last episode which was a clusterfudge of randomness.

Its because anime has an overarching story and a tendency to be extremely long-winded.Hence, ripe for abridgment.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-28, 05:29 PM

Doctor Who abridged. That would be awesome. :smallcool:

Sucrose
2009-07-28, 05:31 PM
Doctor Who abridged. That would be awesome. :smallcool:

The main difficulty with live-action abridged series is that you can see the shapes peoples' mouths are making. Thus, it becomes a bit more difficult to 'listen' properly. Anime, which just shows lip flaps, is a lot easier for that.

Jamin
2009-07-28, 08:07 PM
Avoid Avatar the Abridged Series like the plague. When the show you making fun makes fun of itself better than you know you suck.

Sucrose
2009-07-28, 08:37 PM
Avoid Avatar the Abridged Series like the plague. When the show you making fun makes fun of itself better than you know you suck.

I'm sorry that you didn't like it; the comic genius of the Avatar creators notwithstanding, I enjoyed the series from the first incident of Optimist and Skeptic.

Jamin
2009-07-28, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry that you didn't like it; the comic genius of the Avatar creators notwithstanding, I enjoyed the series from the first incident of Optimist and Skeptic.

I dislike the voices he uses and just can't stand when people use racist characters and think that makes them clever. IE Uncle is Jewish haha it to laugh

Sucrose
2009-07-29, 12:32 PM
I dislike the voices he uses and just can't stand when people use racist characters and think that makes them clever. IE Uncle is Jewish haha it to laugh

I can't argue with the voices point; it's just a matter of how poor of acting you can tolerate. As for the Jewish Iroh thing, I didn't see that as a joke, just as a simple way to distinguish him from the other characters, as, like you pointed out, his voice acting kinda sucks.

XBobbis
2009-08-03, 07:00 PM
So why do you think American cartoons not parodied as often?

Jamin
2009-08-03, 07:06 PM
They are less episodic and most are already comedies

Haruki-kun
2009-08-03, 11:34 PM
So why do you think American cartoons not parodied as often?

Because most of them are jokes in the first place. Making a parody of a parody makes no sense.

doliest
2009-08-04, 05:41 AM
I think Avatar Abridged is hilarious, I mean what's so bad about the Iroh being Jewish it does lead to some rather funny jokes. There actually are parodies of american cartoons, if you want a good spongebob parody just look up spongebob censored. Several people do it & it's basically just bleeping out words at certain intervals, still funny though.

Death Note abridged by Team DN is pretty funny. Not to mention they have actually shown improvement, the original is rather hit & miss but now at episode 11 they're doing pretty well with one of my favorite being Mello's 'Come ye' child services' song from the Christmas special.

Demons_eye
2009-08-04, 01:24 PM
Yugioh the Abridged is to ****ing funny! I loved Zach and Cody in episode 41

Decoy Lockbox
2009-08-05, 10:44 AM
I cannot shill for hbi2k enough; both Gantz Abridged and Berserk Abridged are absolutely brilliant. He's also working on Vision of Escaflowne Abridged, but that one's kinda hit and miss. Beyond that, GanXingba's Avatar Abridged is pretty funny, and he has some decent other humor on his Youtube channel.

Yeah, Berserk abridged is amazing. For added humor, the outtakes from the english dubbing of the anime are also priceless.

Kato
2009-08-05, 01:35 PM
I can only agree on nothing beating the original abridged series by TAFKALK.
Naruto is also done pretty good, though I feel a decline in the latter episodes (Shipuudden never really appealt to me that much) Also Death Note is done quite well.
Another one I enjoy quite a lot is GWing TAS (Gundam Wing) which is even enjoyable if you do not know the series (though much more f you do) Also, there's an Mteal Gear Solid series which is rather neat. Sadly the GGundam parody is not on the same level but I guess the 'parody a parody factor' kicks in there.

Prime32
2009-08-05, 04:42 PM
I can only agree on nothing beating the original abridged series by TAFKALK.Um... who? The first abridged series was Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series by LittleKuriboh. Naruto TAS is believed to be the second, and they got permission from LittleKuriboh to use his idea.

Kato
2009-08-05, 04:57 PM
Um... who? The first abridged series was Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series by LittleKuriboh. Naruto TAS is believed to be the second, and they got permission from LittleKuriboh to use his idea.

Of course, I know. I was just referring to him as The Artist Formerly Known As Little Kuriboh, since... yeah, he's not going by that name anymore, as far as I know. (Okay, maybe it chould rather be The Account Formerly...) (Am I really that old knowone else rembemering TAFKAP?)

Demons_eye
2009-08-12, 12:59 PM
Does anyone know what happened to team four star?

Rogue 7
2009-08-12, 01:08 PM
Finished Season 1, took a break, I think.

Demons_eye
2009-08-12, 01:09 PM
The account was banned on you tube and I can't find out why

Zeful
2009-08-12, 02:01 PM
The account was banned on you tube and I can;t fond out why

Toei Animation seemed to order a Cease and Desist order to youtube who suspended the account. According to Lanipator at least. (http://lanipwned.blogspot.com/)

Froogleyboy
2009-08-12, 02:44 PM
"My breast challenge you to a duel" Hilarious

Aotrs Commander
2009-08-12, 04:21 PM
The account was banned on you tube and I can;t fond out why

Well, crap. I'm a bit surpirsed I missed it, seeing as I check TFS fairly frequently...I thought they'd all got past this...

Maximum Zersk
2009-08-20, 07:54 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged by LK and Naruto Abridged by Vegeta 3986 and MasakoX instantly come to mind, and then of course Deathnote Abridged is also good.

I've noticed that FMATAABMS (Fullmetal Alchemist The Artistically Abridged By Men Series) by ArtisticMen hasn't been mentioned yet. It was good, quality and funny, but then Youtube banned their original account, so they made a new account here (http://www.youtube.com/user/SonsofSatire) and started abridging video games like Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy VII.

The problem is, that Youtube will delete Abridged Series because they don't recognize legitimate works of parody, which is what happened to Little Kuriboh's old account (His new account is CardGamesFTW (http://www.youtube.com/user/cardgamesftw?blend=1&ob=4)). Same thing with Vegeta 3986 and MasakoX (Now Vegeta 8639 (http://www.youtube.com/user/Vegeta8639) and MasakoXtreme (http://www.youtube.com/user/MasakoXtreme) (As far as I know anyway) respectively. ArtisticMen also was Youtube'd, and was going to upload their videos on DailyMotion, but stopped after the third episode. A new Team Four Star Account was made here (http://www.youtube.com/user/Tfsdbzabridged).

Okay, done talking.

Dienekes
2009-08-21, 12:48 AM
yugioh abridged is funny, but the best has to go to team four star. Pity youtube and toei animation deleted everything