PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Trailer...

Kaelaroth
2009-07-27, 06:30 PM
... is now up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClNAiVhcIMA&feature=popular)
Thoughts?

EvilDMMk3
2009-07-27, 06:33 PM
Part of me wonders what, if anything, this has to do with the Ice Warriors (probably not much). Another part is surprised to see Ood era space suits in what is clearly a near future setting. Most of me is excited, but aprehensive as this "knocks 4 times" thing had better have been carefully done, else we have a gigantic FAIL on the horizon.

Starscream
2009-07-27, 08:09 PM
Looking forward to it. The Doctor Who drought we've had this year is driving me bonkers. I need some, badly!

As for the "knock four times" thing, I'm kind of glad they referred to it. I was afraid it was going to be one of those idiot ball things where the Doctor completely ignores the prophesy until it happens, even though he was the one who proclaimed the woman as a legit psychic.

This comes out in November, right? Can't wait.

Demons_eye
2009-07-28, 08:46 AM
Wait this is a movie?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-28, 08:56 AM
Looking forward to it. The Doctor Who drought we've had this year is driving me bonkers. I need some, badly!

As for the "knock four times" thing, I'm kind of glad they referred to it.

This confuses me. You seem to imply that you didn't see the Planet of the Dead, yet your knowledge of him knocking four times implies you have.

Either way, it was good.

EvilDMMk3
2009-07-28, 09:27 AM
Wait this is a movie?No, the next special.

thorgrim29
2009-07-28, 09:35 AM
Watched the other two (planet of the dead and the next doctor) this weekend, really loved planet of the dead, thought the next doctor was a great idea with a very poor handling. So I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of me liking waters of mars.

Comet
2009-07-28, 09:47 AM
Trailer looks good. Then again, Planet of the Dead made for a much better trailer than an actual episode.

Still, looks like they're doing spooky horror-type stuff again. NewWho has rarely failed with horror episodes, I find. Looking forwards to this.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-28, 09:50 AM
Trailer looks good. Then again, Planet of the Dead made for a much better trailer than an actual episode.

Still, looks like they're doing spooky horror-type stuff again. NewWho has rarely failed with horror episodes, I find. Looking forwards to this.

Don't blink. :smallamused:

I agree, the trailer for Planet of the Dead was better than the episode itself. But after such a long time without Doctor Who (baring the Next Doctor, which I enjoyed) I was glad for something again.

Starscream
2009-07-28, 10:10 AM
This confuses me. You seem to imply that you didn't see the Planet of the Dead, yet your knowledge of him knocking four times implies you have.

I've seen it. just meant we aren't getting nearly enough Who this year.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-28, 10:20 AM
I've seen it. just meant we aren't getting nearly enough Who this year.

Ah. In that case, you are absolutely right.

And I don't like Mr. 11th. I still say he looks like he belongs in Twilight.

Less of a waste of a regeneration than Mr. 'I'm only in one movie!' though.

Athaniar
2009-07-28, 12:44 PM
I hope they'll at least reference the Ice Warriors. They have been gone too long. What is it now, 35 years?

EvilDMMk3
2009-07-29, 05:26 AM
Plus it would be very weird with a huge internal plot hole if they ignore the native race of the planet.

Avaris
2009-07-29, 08:08 AM
On the subject of Doctor Who... what do people think of the other news recently?
Yay! The master is coming back!

kamikasei
2009-07-29, 08:15 AM
On the subject of Doctor Who... what do people think of the other news recently?

Well, that's actually what I was assuming the "he will knock four times" referred to.

"The sound of the drums" was a four-beat pattern.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-29, 08:16 AM
"The sound of the drums" was a four-beat pattern.

You think I'd know that considering I haven't been able to stop randomly tapping that out, exactly as
he did.

magellan
2009-07-29, 08:17 AM

No, he isn't because

Roger Delgado died in a car accident in 1973

;)

Archonic Energy
2009-07-31, 12:29 PM
Don't blink. :smallamused:

i got 4 "weeping angels" and left them ouside my sisters door and knocked after that episode was repeated*... sufficed to say she screamed & I laughed... alot! :smallbiggrin:

*since she was unable to watch it the first time and i knew she'd watch it at her first oppertunity

Starscream
2009-07-31, 02:04 PM
i got 4 "weeping angels" and left them ouside my sisters door and knocked after that episode was repeated*... sufficed to say she screamed & I laughed... alot! :smallbiggrin:

That's nothing. My cousin swears this is true and he can provide proof. He says that his friend and her husband watch Who quite a lot. She found a weeping angel statue at a garden shop and decided it would be fun to put in their yard (visible from their bedroom).

She also bought one with its eyes uncovered, and hid it in the attic. Next time that episode comes on, she intends to switch them. Mwahahaha!

lisiecki
2009-07-31, 04:25 PM
No, he isn't because

;)

But

Eric Roberts is alive and well

Starscream
2009-08-01, 06:56 AM
No, he isn't because

;)

But

Eric Roberts is alive and well

There's no justice, is there?

charl
2009-08-01, 07:38 AM
Awesome. More Doctor Who is always welcome, what with this year only having two episodes (unless you count the five-part Torchwood special).

magellan
2009-08-01, 06:41 PM
There's no justice, is there?

I think Colin baker saw justice last. might want to ask him.

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-06, 07:50 AM
Sweet. I've disliked the lack of Who this year, so I'm looking forward to it.

As for the new Doctor, he's just to young, if he tries to do anything regarding the Time War etc. I fear that it will just come across as emo-whingy.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-06, 07:52 AM
Awesome. More Doctor Who is always welcome, what with this year only having two episodes (unless you count the five-part Torchwood special).

I think they're taking a break to transition between Tennant and Mr. Twilight better.

Archonic Energy
2009-08-06, 09:32 AM
That's nothing. My cousin swears this is true and he can provide proof. He says that his friend and her husband watch Who quite a lot. She found a weeping angel statue at a garden shop and decided it would be fun to put in their yard (visible from their bedroom).

She also bought one with its eyes uncovered, and hid it in the attic. Next time that episode comes on, she intends to switch them. Mwahahaha!
:smallamused:
that's EVIL
I am SO stealing that Idea!
she should start by slowly moving it around... never quite in the same place or at the right angle...

kamikasei
2009-08-06, 09:42 AM
I think they're taking a break to transition between Tennant and Mr. Twilight better.

They're taking a break because Tennant had other commitments (on the stage) and couldn't shoot a full season.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-06, 09:48 AM
I like that better than my suggestion.