PDA

View Full Version : Dragonhead Cantrips

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-29, 12:19 PM
The title is a deliberate parody of Crystal Cantrips, because the main bad guys (spelldrakes, my own homebrew) were inspired by that thread.

This is a campaign journal. I am the DM.

I only have 1 player :smallfrown:, and he's my little brother :smallfrown::smallfrown:. Still, I have 3 DMPCs, and can deal with him. (You[re character] cannot commit suicide just because you rolled badly!)

Characters:
Blackscale, human black dragon shaman, PC
Verda, kobold warlock
Zoomz, xeph monk, very fast
The Giant's Platinum Burst, dragonborn half-giant soulknufe, feats focused on breath weapon

------

First (mini-)Session:
An elven farmer complained about tiny dragons attacking his farm. He offered them gems from his gem trees (MAGICAL farmer :smallsmile:) if they did.
Spelldrakes, a white-colored one that casts Cure Minor Wounds, and an opposite to it. Blackscale threw a ruby from a nearby tree at them, but it didn't work. They went into combat, both dragons dead. Verda made a Knowledge (arcana) check to determine how to harvest the heads fro magic. Next, a pair of bigger, stronger ones, which the group killed before they could use their magic by pretending they were interested in diplomacy. Verda described how he could use the dragon heads to improve his eldritch blast. He was in the middle of using the example of a Burning Hands when Zoomz interupted, saying, 'Would that be one?"
Combat, my brother yelling only to have the soulknife kill it immediatly. The end of the session.

Sorry about the only vague descriptions of combat, my memory sucks. Too bad the soulknife didn't get to use his metabreath feat.
And, no, there won't be a dragon-swarm from a Drifter-type BBEG trying to become a god.

evil-frosty
2009-07-29, 02:32 PM
Your DMPCs are looking awfully familiar to SCS group :smalltongue::smalltongue:

But this should be interesting. Please tell me you have a different plot in mind then a hivemind trying to infect the cosmos.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-30, 06:38 AM
Your DMPCs are looking awfully familiar to SCS group :smalltongue::smalltongue:

But this should be interesting. Please tell me you have a different plot in mind then a hivemind trying to infect the cosmos.

Well, yeah. That group is the reason I originally thought Zoomz should be a kobold.
But, no worries. No hivemind. I thought I mentioned that already...

evil-frosty
2009-07-30, 06:49 AM
Eh you might of if so i dont remember seeing it. And how little is your brother? I love how little kids play DnD i remember when i was little and played with my dad. I had harry potter, frodo, sam, aragorn, gandalf, drizzt and bruenor since my dad read the books out loud to me. It was a lot of fun. Then i would DM and throw pokemon at him doing the damage on the card and having the hitpoints in 2nd edition.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-30, 07:09 AM
Eh you might of if so i dont remember seeing it. And how little is your brother? I love how little kids play DnD i remember when i was little and played with my dad. I had harry potter, frodo, sam, aragorn, gandalf, drizzt and bruenor since my dad read the books out loud to me. It was a lot of fun. Then i would DM and throw pokemon at him doing the damage on the card and having the hitpoints in 2nd edition.

I actually put it in white...:smallredface:
My brother is only a couple of years younger than me.

evil-frosty
2009-07-30, 07:25 AM
I always miss the white text. Maybe i should just high light every post so i never miss it again.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-08-02, 06:24 AM
An update will be coming. I play when I can, and my little brother wants to DM a campaign. I'll try to get this campaign back on track so I can show it to you.