PDA

View Full Version : Shakugan no Shana [Spoiler Question]

ChameleonX11
2009-08-02, 03:47 PM
I am watching this show for the first time, and i'm comming to the end of season 1, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long this yoshida/yuji thing lasts... I don't like it.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-02, 04:28 PM
I am watching this show for the first time, and i'm comming to the end of season 1, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long this yoshida/yuji thing lasts... I don't like it.

It's part of the base for season 2.

ChameleonX11
2009-08-02, 04:38 PM
That is... depressing.

:smallsigh:

I was honestly hoping he would just choose Shana and end the whole contest thing. Go back to what the show used to be, which i'm now realizing was only like 6 episodes ago...

EDIT: Oh, and thank you! :smallbiggrin:

Nerd-o-rama
2009-08-02, 04:39 PM
I haven't seen Shakugan no Shana, but I have heard really terrible things about the second season. Is this one of them?

Haruki-kun
2009-08-02, 04:40 PM
I haven't seen Shakugan no Shana, but I have heard really terrible things about the second season. Is this one of them?

I don't really know what went wrong with the second season, but I suppose this might be one of the reasons. They say it gets much better closer to the end, but I never finished Season II.

ChameleonX11
2009-08-02, 04:41 PM

Haven't a clue, but i'll let you know by tomorrow. I'm only about 3 episodes from the end of season one, and I plan on going immediately into season two. :smallcool:

ChameleonX11
2009-08-02, 04:44 PM
I don't really know what went wrong with the second season, but I suppose this might be one of the reasons. They say it gets much better closer to the end, but I never finished Season II.

Isn't there a season 3 coming out this fall?

Nerd-o-rama
2009-08-02, 05:17 PM
Or was it Zero no Tsukaima that jumped the shark? People always bring them up together, presumably because of TEH RIE.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-02, 05:25 PM
Isn't there a season 3 coming out this fall?

No, it's an OVA. *sigh* Stupid third season OVAs....

Or was it Zero no Tsukaima that jumped the shark? People always bring them up together, presumably because of TEH RIE.

Yes, that one jumped the shark in season 3. Being a huge fan of Zero no Tsukaima I can tell you that season 3 was terrible.

nothingclever
2009-08-02, 05:36 PM
I loved the first and second season. Yoshida cracks me up. This is probably a spoiler for the OP but at one point she's given a magic item she can use to call someone to Yuji's side to help him if he's in danger but using it will kill her. Look at it from a morbid perspective like me and you'll find it funny. Her rivalry with Shana goes on through all of Season 2 and no conclusion is given. She just gets marginalized more and more because she is powerless and gets depressed.

*.*.*.*
2009-08-02, 05:42 PM
Being a huge fan of Zero no Tsukaima I can tell you that season 3 was terrible.

Agreed, season 3 made me wanna cry. I watched both seasons within a few days and even got my brother into watching them, I really enjoyed them. However, season 3's failure was horrific.......

ChameleonX11
2009-08-02, 05:51 PM
No, it's an OVA. *sigh* Stupid third season OVAs....

Sorry for this silly question, but i'm still rather new to anime. What is an OVA?

*.*.*.*
2009-08-02, 05:52 PM
OVA?

Original
Video
Animation

(I believe)

It's like a bonus episode~

Atomsized
2009-08-02, 06:30 PM
Yes, that one jumped the shark in season 3. Being a huge fan of Zero no Tsukaima I can tell you that season 3 was terrible.

The third season of ZoT was tolerable to me. I just felt that the ending to it was a ripoff.

Closet_Skeleton
2009-08-03, 06:52 AM
Every season of Zero no Tsukaima was crap. Didn't bother watching past the first.