PDA

View Full Version : The Rouge [Base class] PEACH

Fredthefighter
2009-08-03, 02:11 PM
This is meant to a sort-of-silly class. It's basically the rogue, but with some added touches to turn to Rogue from front-line combat/skill monkey to master of disguise/sexy enchantress.

The Rouge
The Rouge is that weird yet enchanting woman in the back of a dark alley, the guy sitting at the bar surrounded by beautiful women, that little girl who batted her eyelids at you while she stole all your money, and even that Gnome who used his overwhelming cuteness to steal all of the loot. Yes, all of those people are Rouges. Their motto is "Why do it when you'll do it for me won't you?", which is often said just before they batt their eyelids at you and ask nicely.

Hit Dice: d6
Alignment: Any non-lawful
Skill points at 1st level: 4 x (6 + Int modifier)
Skill points at each level after 1st: 6 + Int Modifier
Class Skills: Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, and Use Rope.

Rouge
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Alluring Disguise 1, Trapfinding.

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Evasion.

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Sneak Attack +1d6, Rouge senses +1.

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Uncanny Dodge.

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Sneak Attack +2d6, Alluring Disguise 2.

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Rouge senses +2.

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Sneak Attack +3d6.

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6|Improved Uncanny Dodge.

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6|Sneak Attack +4d6, Rouge-Senses +3.

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+7|Alluring Disguise 3, Special Ability.

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+7|Sneak Attack +5d6.

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Rouge senses +4.

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Sneak Attack +6d6, Special Ability.

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+9|

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+9|Alluring Disguise 4, Rouge senses +5.

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Special Ability.

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|Rouge senses +6.

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|Special Ability.

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Master/Mistress of Disguise.[/table]

Weapon and armor proficiencies: Rouges are proficient with all simple weapons, as well as the Hand Crossbow, Rapier, Sap, Shortsword and Shortbow. Rouges are proficient with light armor but not with shields.

Sneak Attack: As rogue, except that the extra damage increases to a maximum of 6d6 (achieved at 13th level).

Alluring Disguise: The Rouge disguises themself to look more attractive, all within 30ft of the Rouge must make Will Saves (DC 10 + Half of the Rouge's level + Rouge's Charisma Modifier) or be charmed as the Charm Person spell. The Rouge also gains a passive +2 bonus to all Disguise, Bluff and Intimidate checks.
At level 5 the charm effect is as the Charm Monster spell, and the passive bonus increases to +4.
At level 10, those who fail their Will Save are feebleminded and charmed, those who succeed must make another Will Save or be charmed (at -5 DC), and the passive bonus increases to +6.
At level 15, those who fail their Will Save are subject to the effects of the Suggestion spell. Enemies who succeed must make two consecutive Will Saves (at -5 and -10 DC respectively) or be Feeblemnded (-5 DC save) or Charmed (-10 DC save). The passive bonus increases to +8.
The Rouge can use Alluring Disguise a number of times per day equal to 2 + their charisma modifier.

Trapfinding: As Rogue.

Rouge senses: Against their preferred gender, the Rouge gains the indicated bonus on all rolls. E.g. Mrs.Sneaky, a 20th level female Rouge, gains a +6 bonus to all rolls made against all males.

Evasion: As Rogue.

Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge: As Rogue

Special Ability:
At 10th, 13th, 16th and 19th level, the Rouge may choose one of the following as a special ability.

Crippling Strike - An opponent damage by the Rouge's Sneak Attack suffers 2 points of Strength damage.

Defensive Roll - The rouge can roll with a potentially lethal blow to take less damage from it than she otherwise would. Once per day, when she would be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by damage in combat (from a weapon or other blow, not a spell or special ability), the rouge can attempt to roll with the damage. To use this ability, the rouge must attempt a Reflex saving throw (DC = damage dealt). If the save succeeds, she takes only half damage from the blow; if it fails, she takes full damage. She must be aware of the attack and able to react to it in order to execute her defensive roll—if she is denied her Dexterity bonus to AC, she can’t use this ability. Since this effect would not normally allow a character to make a Reflex save for half damage, the rouge’s evasion ability does not apply to the defensive roll.

Improved Evasion - This ability works like evasion, except that while the rouge still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless rouge does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Opportunist - Once per round, the rouge can make an attack of opportunity against an opponent who has just been struck for damage in melee by another character. This attack counts as the rouge’s attack of opportunity for that round. Even a rouge with the Combat Reflexes feat can’t use the opportunist ability more than once per round.

Skill Mastery - The rouge becomes so certain in the use of certain skills that she can use them reliably even under adverse conditions.

Upon gaining this ability, she selects a number of skills equal to 3 + her Intelligence modifier. When making a skill check with one of these skills, she may take 10 even if stress and distractions would normally prevent her from doing so. A rouge may gain this special ability multiple times, selecting additional skills for it to apply to each time.

Slippery Mind - This ability represents the rouge’s ability to wriggle free from magical effects that would otherwise control or compel her. If a rouge with slippery mind is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She gets only this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw.

Feat - The Rouge may choose a bonus feat in the place of a Special Ability.

Master of Diguise: The Rouge gains access to the Shapechange spell as a Spell-like Ability. The Rouge may use this ability at will any number of times per day, but may only select humanoid forms.

Critique?

Random832
2009-08-03, 02:26 PM
The Alluring Disguise progression is uneven. Seems like it should be 1/6/11/16 or 5/10/15/20 (rebalance descriptions as necessary)

"any weapon that can be easily concealed " seems gameable.

BisectedBrioche
2009-08-03, 02:30 PM
I'm sure I've seen this before...

Fredthefighter
2009-08-03, 02:30 PM
The Alluring Disguise progression is uneven.

"any weapon that can be easily concealed " seems gameable.

And by uneven you mean? Elaborate please.

Hmmm, by easily concealed, I would say anything that is light for your size. E.g. if you're a Gnome, you're proficient with Simple weapons and tiny weapons. If you're a Human, you're proficient with Simple weapons and small weapons. Hmmm, you do have a point though. I've edited it to the point where they have the same proficiencies as regular Rogues.

EDIT: Bisected8 - It's very similar to Rogue, Rouge sense is a trade-out for Trap sense, Sneak Attack's damage has been lowered and Alluring Disguise has been added.

BisectedBrioche
2009-08-03, 02:32 PM
No, I mean I'm certain that there's been a class based on the Rogue/Rouge spelling error on these boards before.

Random832
2009-08-03, 02:33 PM
Wait a minute - so you _did_ mean to include smaller size categories? What exactly does it mean to be proficient in such a weapon?

If you meant that, you should have said "Any light martial weapon, including weapons in smaller size categories" - and does this make them immune to the -2-per-size-category-difference attack roll penalty? And are you sure about that tiny greatsword? [tiny two-handed = light for medium creatures. tiny greatsword = 1d8 = medium longsword]

And what you're saying now implies a small greatsword (1d10 = medium bastard sword) would qualify for a human, when what you said earlier about being light did not.

To differentiate further, maybe this shouldn't have as many class skills or 8+ skill points

Maybe throw in some reflavored bard abilities? I don't know

Fredthefighter
2009-08-03, 02:36 PM
Bisected8: Well, I've never seen it before. I apologise if I have copied someone without knowing it.

Random832: Yes, for example, a Gnome Rouge would be proficient with the usual allotment of Simple weapons, the shortsword, the shortbow and any Tiny or smaller weapons they can get their hands on. Perhaps I should've just put it as "Proficient with all simple weapons and all martial weapons that are size Small or smaller. Well, it's currently exactly the same as Rogue's proficiencies.

To be proficient with a weapon means to not take a -4 penalty to all attack rolls with that weapon due to not being proficient. It means you have trained enough with that weapon to be able to use it properly.

And I can see them with less skill points.

As for re-flavoured bard abilities, the Bardic Music and Bardic Knowledge abilities fit almost perfectly. Perhaps something quite similar.

BisectedBrioche
2009-08-03, 02:42 PM
Bisected8: Well, I've never seen it before. I apologise if I have copied someone without knowing it.

You don't need to apologise to anyone. It's not like you can patent a concept (not one that broadly anyway). Anyway, I found it via the compendium thread;

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10445

Fredthefighter
2009-08-03, 02:48 PM
You don't need to apologise to anyone. It's not like you can patent a concept (not one that broadly anyway). Anyway, I found it via the compendium thread;

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10445

Well, by the looks of that, the only things that are similar/the same here are the names (both are called Rouge), some of the special abilities and the HD.#

And I've changed the skill points from 8+Int to 6+Int.

Random832
2009-08-03, 03:11 PM
So, again - what does it mean to be "proficient" in a smaller size category weapon? Because there's a penalty for those that's separate from the penalty for not being proficient in the weapon type, -2 per size category difference.

And even with that, allowing a small greatsword is madness, and allowing a tiny greatsword is not much better.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-04, 09:37 AM
So, again - what does it mean to be "proficient" in a smaller size category weapon? Because there's a penalty for those that's separate from the penalty for not being proficient in the weapon type, -2 per size category difference.

And even with that, allowing a small greatsword is madness, and allowing a tiny greatsword is not much better.

A character who uses a weapon with which he or she is not proficient takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls.

A character who wears armor and/or uses a shield with which he or she is not proficient takes the armor’s (and/or shield’s) armor check penalty on attack rolls and on all Strength-based and Dexterity-based ability and skill checks. The penalty for nonproficiency with armor stacks with the penalty for nonproficiency with shields

Weapon, armor, or shield proficiency may be granted by the character's race, class or by the following feats:

Armor Proficiency (Light)
Armor Proficiency (Medium)
Armor Proficiency (Heavy)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Martial Weapon Proficiency
Shield Proficiency
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Tower Shield Proficiency

That's the SRD version of proficiency. There is nothing else.