PDA

View Full Version : Bleachitp Episode 21: The Execution Day Arrives! Does this mean Shirubaru's Death?



Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bladedSmoke
2009-08-03, 02:54 PM
Far from the bustle of central Soul Society, there is a dark cliff face, a place named Sōkyoku Hill. At Sōkyoku Hill is an enormous, 200-foot-tall H-shaped construction, and a truly massive halberd (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/bleach/en/images/4/4f/Soukyoku_Hill.jpg). This is the Sōkyoku - an execution device with the power of 1 million Zanpaktou, which will destroy the soul of the one to be punished.

Shirubaru is strapped to the very top of this H-shaped construction. He looks ahead firmly, eyes clear and determined to accept his fate. Far below, he can see the assorted faces of many people from Soul Society, all gathered together to watch his execution. He looks, but cannot see Cecilia. He sighs, and wonders if she hates him. She had not visited him in his cell, either.

Hidden down the back of his uniform, is also Aiko's sword. Shirubaru knows he should have discarded it at the earliest opportunity, but something resembled him to keep hold of it. To die without a sword by his side would be... ridiculous.

Coldly, calmly, Shirubaru waits for the order to be given that will release the Sōkyoku and transform into the massive, fiery phoenix which will destroy him.

And about time too.

Shades of Gray
2009-08-03, 03:03 PM
What my characters are doing

Only Alexander is present, one of his few public appearances. He's wearing his old captain haori.

Alicia is back in Sereitei, wandering about. She doesn't like death.

Xavier's having his first day of sleep in five days.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-03, 03:05 PM
Kusato and Vasae were there long before anyone else. Waiting. Cause their strange.

Abishai appears on a building top, far from the execution. He smiles.

Shiru-kun......Your not going to die yet......No no no no no!!!!! YOUR GOING TO BE CARVED UP LIKE A TURKEY AND DEVOURED!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA!!!

Abishai's laugh is crazed, a sputtering giggle as he slowly walks back and forth on the roof. Waiting.

strawberryman
2009-08-03, 03:07 PM
Lance

Lance leans against a tree, idly tracing where his tattoos on his forearm once were, and occasionally glaring at the pile of coins that followed him up here... His random wanderings brought him to following the crowd, piquing his interest in what all the hubbub was about. Apparently some crazy old Captain was getting executed.

Might at least distract me from my own problems...

Draken
2009-08-03, 03:10 PM
Red Oni and Blue Oni stand menacingly by the sides of the large execution stand, while Hideki himself stands next to the Sokyoku itself, waiting for Daisuke (or next to Daisuke, probably).

Krazddndfreek
2009-08-03, 03:11 PM
Maeda is attending the execution, hoping for someone to stop it.

Revlid
2009-08-03, 03:12 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6641727&postcount=1114
From behind the lens of his mask Kinkuzo stares up at the Sōkyoku, admiration overwhelming any trepidation he may feel at the ex-Captain's scheduled passing. He would have loved to have met its designer.

Turning his attention downward, Kinkuzo scans the small crowd, making certain all of his traps are in place and undetected. There is little doubt in his mind that the execution is involved somehow in the goal of the drifters - stopping it, helping it along, stealing the Sōkyoku, Kinkuzo didn't really care, so long as they showed up.

He leans back on his metal legs, staring upward again.
Well, I suppose I'd best wait for the fireworks to begin.

Lorolar
2009-08-03, 03:15 PM
Gene stumbles out of of the 5th squad appartments, shinigami robes hastily pulled on and his trousers underneath metaphoricaly round his ankles. "Sorry Ladies, but I got an important job to do today, I'll be back later I promise" With a wink and a blur he had transferred himself to the roof and took off the robes he used to disguise himself. "Whew, how any man can feel comfortable running around in a dress like this things I dont know. The lady's didnt seem to mind though."

He sighed and gazed towards the execution grounds "I guess joking time is over... This thing just got real, I hope the kid and his crew made it this long alright, getting Shiribaru out of there under the noses of the entire command crew is gonna be... Interesting"

Ganurath
2009-08-03, 03:28 PM
Marco will be earning money to pay for Alicia's meals when he isn't looking for Viatrix.

Kessen will soon be standing alongside the Vice-Captain, wearing his creepy smile. "Question: How long did it take before you abandoned Project Babysitter?"

Taniko takes her time to come, but will arrive in good time. She had already filed the proper paperwork to allow for Xavier to sleep through it. Unfortunately, due to Abishai's laziness, she had not been able to compile a report on the autopsies in time to stop the execution.

Fan
2009-08-03, 03:45 PM
Vince scoffs at all the pomp, and decorum for a execution. In the mortal world it was something as simple as a firing squad, or lethal injection. Neither of which was out of the Soul Societies reach.

His current position is beside the Kido Corps Commander, muttering to himself about a needless waste of time.

Revlid
2009-08-03, 03:53 PM
Kessen will soon be standing alongside the Vice-Captain, wearing his creepy smile. "Question: How long did it take before you abandoned Project Babysitter?"
Kinkuzo turns his blank mask toward Kessen and frowns behind it. He and the Third Seat hate each other with a casualness and consistency that borders on comradeship, and Kinkuzo notices something... off, about his 'subordinate'.

Chalking it up to nerves regarding the execution, Kinkuzo replies.

"I lost our brat-Captain a few days ago. I'm sure he's fine." Noting the look of mild revulsion (communicated in the form of a slight brow-twitch) at this inexactitude on Kessen's face, Kinkuzo waves a hand.
"The Captain's been shut up in his quarters for far too long." Deliberately ignoring his hypocrisy - at least he was doing something when he locked himself away. I think he might as well get a little bit of fresh air before he's retrieved. It's not like the ryoka'll hurt him, probably. He'll be used as a hostage or something. It'll be fine."

If Kessen isn't too wrapped up in his own problems, he might note a slight trace of concern in Kinkuzo's voice.
"And if it isn't - well, promotions all round."

Neknoh
2009-08-03, 04:31 PM
Elsewhere, still recovering from hearing of house Daikano's demise, Aiko paces to and fro, it took a while, but, by now, everything should be organised, everything should be fixed, in place. She looks up toward the hill from the balcony on which she stands, her gaze wandering across the sheer cliff and up to the hardly visible Sokyoko.

"Shirubaru..." she sighs, she can't be there, she curses herself in silence, this was not good, if she failed, she would not have gotten to see him one last time before his... actual death, before his end. This was not good, not at all, and then... the familliar sound of a Hell Butterfly came, then another, and finally, a third, each with different markings, golden, saphire, silver... one too few, but... that last one could no longer be sent.

Aiko turned arround, her haori billowing behind her as she went, her Zanpakuto clattering at her side as she hurried down the hallway, strapping on her sandals and treading out the main gate of the ninth division quarters, if she could make it, if only there was enough time for everything to be readied, for everything to be set. Hurrying down the streets of the Seireitei, she cast a look toward Sokyoko Hill, "stay alive Shirubaru, just... stay alive for a bit longer."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry, no more time for this!" Senna exclaimed, storming through a Shinigami patrol, she was nearing the hill now, it had taken long to get there... too long, why was things allready starting to move? Her sheated sword slammed against the neck of a shinigami, sending him tumbling into a Kido Corp member before she raised her hand in front of her, "Hado no Sanjyuichi! Shakkaho!" the red ball of fire exploded from her palm, uncontrolled and violent, and from the smoke that now covered a large portion of zinged patrol members, Senna leapt.

She darted, rushed, tumbled, ran, leapt, hurried... yes, she hurried, toward the base of that hill, there were only a few alleyways left before she could start running up the winding path. "Don't you dare do anything stupid Masato" she hissed under her breath.

OverWilliam
2009-08-03, 05:10 PM
Today was the day. It was a weighty day, for all of Soul Society, he knew. And he knew what his role would be today, this day that would change everything.

Kenji finished removing the sleeves from his new shihakshou. Well, for a given definition of 'new', anyway. And a given definition of 'his'. He slipped Suzume back into its sheath, and then the sheath through the back of his sash. He was checking out today, whether anyone else was particularly keen on it or not. His hair was already re-braided, looped with a red band. One more thing remained to do.

Kenji walked over to the balcony, and slid the door open silently. He stretched his shoulders and legs for a little while; he had been doing little exercises for the last two days. He was ready, he knew his own body better than anyone, even the Good doctors at the 4th. With a short bracing stance, Kenji vanished from the balcony. One more thing remained to do.

Sucrose
2009-08-03, 05:15 PM
About half an hour before Shirubaru's execution is scheduled, three figures, one adult, a young teenager, and a child, all lurk in the shadows near the 1st Division Headquarters. Strangely, no patrol seems to come across them, despite their seemingly Brownian movement. Further, no one could hope to sense their reiatsu, as it does not, presently, exist.

Still, Siegfried finds it prudent to whisper.

"Now, since you don't want to be associated with any of this, you'll want to stay here, Vi. Kachisuke and I will move in when there seems to be few people entering and exiting First Division. That'll likely buy us a few seconds. We bust whoever's been captured out, get back out here, and I'll throw up a Sekienton. That'll cover you coming and saving our asses. Are we good?"

strawberryman
2009-08-03, 05:22 PM
Viatrix

Viatrix nods. Merumeru...

"Yeah, yeah, I've got it..."

Ziege Dich, Eingang. Eingang folds around Viatrix protectively.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-03, 05:27 PM
Kusato adjusts his glasses.

I hope there's blood. It's not a good execution without a good lot of blood. And screaming. Mind you, Shirubaru isn't the type to scream. Maybe a manly whimper. Or some kind of grunt, like a primitive cave-dweller who's just annoyed the wrong mammoth. Do you think he'll have good last words? I hope so, but then, I'm not sure we'd even hear them, way down here. I have to say, if I were up there right now, I'd be trying to think of something witty and profound, but when push came to shove, I'd just swear like buggery.

Popcorn? He passes the box to his brother.

There's a long pause.

Bastard deserves this anyway. Killing all them innocent mortals. Destroying a Noble House. It's not like this is unjust. This is justice in its purest form. Right, Vas?

Pause.

Right?

Innis Cabal
2009-08-03, 05:32 PM
Vasae takes a handful of popcorn, munching silenty

"Probably not. I mean, we're killing him after all, after he killed all those people. So are we really any better then him? Does this make us just and him a sinner? Or is this the right we have for doing what we do day in and day out? Are we really...even here to make this judgement? Perhaps this is a dream. A long and terrible nightmare delivered on us by some black god of hate and fury. We might be nothing but illusions in the end? Sound and fury...no meaning truly?"

Vasae then stares at Kusato for a long second, almost as if waiting for a response before raising a hand in the vicotory symbol

"Just kidding"

bladedSmoke
2009-08-03, 05:37 PM
Kusato snorts. Yeah... I guess you're right. He grins weakly. Wow, look at me, being all serious-like, and you being the jokey one, brother. How the worms have turned to scoff on the boots on the other side of their feet!

Kusato looks back up at Shirubaru. Still, he looks so small, way up there...

He sighs, and raises his voice. Bah! Let's get this over and done with, eh? What's with the waiting? It's not the end of the world you know! Except for him, obviously, he adds, nodding towards Shirubaru.

Sucrose
2009-08-03, 05:39 PM
Siegfried nods, picks up Kachisuke with one arm, and watches the door. A second passes by. Two. A full minute has entered the past by the time that Siegfried moves again.

He immediately flash steps into the First Division entry, throwing a punch to the face of the receptionist as he appears. He then notices another adjutant beside him, and knocks his breath out with a kick to the breadbasket. He takes a split-second glance at the building map, and takes off running.

"I think it said this was the way to the cells, but make sure I go the right way, Kachisuke-taicho."

"Of course."

Innis Cabal
2009-08-03, 05:41 PM
Vasae simply shrugs again

"Its almost like you were a nice guy all along. Huh?"

Vasae then jumps up before the assembled

"Ladies, Gentleman! Right Bastards all of you!! Today we gather to mourn the passing of a....well a guy! Wasn't a great guy, wasn't a terrible one either, till the end at least. But its a shame. We shall mourn his passing...for a week maybe. Two at most, but probably not longer then that! Food and drink will be served after, we figured red wine would be a right rude thing to do, so we're serving cherry kool-aid instead!"

strawberryman
2009-08-03, 05:44 PM
Lance

Lance walks up to the two, the silver coins rolling after him. If Kusato tries stealing them they will eventually roll right back out of his pocket and onto the ground. "It certainly isn't, so why not let him savor his last minutes of life?"

bladedSmoke
2009-08-03, 05:48 PM
Kusato stares at Vasae darkly, then looks to Lance.

Bah. Don't implicate me in this. Tell my oh-so-uncouth brother to stop being such a massive arse-hole w*nker. Sometimes there's a limit, you know?

He stalks away, hands in pockets and looking glum.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-03, 05:50 PM
Vasae only gives the new person a lingering glance before he chases after his bother, keeping in step with him as he throws an arm over his bothers shoulder

"Fine fine. Sorry..."

Vasae will keep quiet for the rest of the proceedings.

Draken
2009-08-03, 05:50 PM
Hideki bats his staff on the floor, causing it to rumble.

"This is a solemn cerimony liutenant Ikaru. Do not speak out of your time."

One can wonder which Ikaru he refers to.

Probably both.

Revlid
2009-08-03, 06:08 PM
Kinkuzo grins at Vasae's antics - antisocial he may be, but he recognises proper gallows humour when he sees it.

Thankfully, this grin goes unnoticed amongst Shirubaru's supporters, on account of the mask.

Sucrose
2009-08-03, 08:31 PM
With Kachisuke's help, Siegfried quickly reaches Natsuko's cell.

"So, you're the only one who got caught again. Do you remember me, Natsuko? I'm Siegfried Bieber. I'm here to help you escape. Stand back from the bars."

horngeek
2009-08-03, 10:32 PM
Right.

Natsuko stands back. My Quincy Cross?

Sucrose
2009-08-03, 10:40 PM
Siegfried facepalms.

"You would need that, wouldn't you? Well, regardless..."

Siegfried draws Ingakumo, and takes two quick slashes through the air. Several bars fall to the ground, enough that Natsuko could squeeze through.

"Come on out; we'll try to find it."

Innis Cabal
2009-08-04, 12:41 AM
Vasae has dragged his brother to the back of the crowd, leaning in

"Shouldn't the Commander Captain...I don't know. Start this off or something?"

horngeek
2009-08-04, 06:06 AM
Daisuke is walking up to the execution grounds. He does not look happy. At all.

Shirubaru Reshiro, you have been convicted of the murder of House Daikano. For this, you have been scentenced to execution by use of the Sōkyoku.

Do you have any final requests?

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 07:51 AM
Siegfried glances around as Natsuko gets out.

"This is far too quiet for 1st Division. Someone should have come and tried to stop me by now. ...Do you know if they moved the execution time up?"

"Siegfried? I think I might know where they would've sent her cross."

"Oh? That's good. Let's move, then!"

With that, as soon as he knows that Natsuko is ready to follow, Siegfried begins to run again, blindly following Kachisuke's directions.

(to horngeek)
Apologies for the minor godmodding, but I get the feeling that I'd best get this part of the plot moving. If necessary, I can edit. I'll also let you decide if Kachisuke's hunch is right.

horngeek
2009-08-04, 07:57 AM
{{Yes, the hunch is right. Whatever it is.}}

Natsuko indeed follows. Where is it?

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 08:22 AM
As they continue running, Kachisuke explains, occasionally taking a hand away from Siegfried's neck to emphasize a point.

"There's an archive near the Commander-General's office where they keep dangerous artifacts. More than a few of my favorite toys are there."

"Near the Commander-General's office? Oh, joy."

"Why would they keep it elsewhere?"

"..."

"Exactly."

Just as they round the next corner, a squad finally runs into them. Siegfried bowls them over, delivering dozens of incapacitating blows in an instant.

"It's just on our right here!"

Siegfried takes a right, and opens the first door he sees. It opens into a massive warehouse, seemingly much larger on the inside than the outside.

"....Do you have any way of detecting your cross?"

horngeek
2009-08-04, 08:24 AM
Natsuko concentrates. And grins.

And all sixteen of my Seele Schneider.

She gathers all of them. Right. Let's get going.

----

Daisuke is still waiting for Shirubaru.

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 08:38 AM
Siegfried nods.

"We might get out of here before Daisuke-taicho comes down on us."
With that, he takes off running, trusting Natsuko to keep up.

horngeek
2009-08-04, 08:40 AM
Daisuke blows up the building to stop them

Daisuke is still waiting for Shirubaru's response.

----

Narsuko follows Siegfried. So, what's the plan?

Because I think the execution is starting right now. The Commander-General isn't going to come down on us because he is there right now.

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 09:01 AM
Siegfried sighs, and speeds up.

"I'd been hoping to draw some of the shinigami off from the execution grounds to chase us. Seems like that won't happen. ...We'll just head there as quickly as possible, and aim to save Shirubaru-san before the Sokyoku is released. I have plans for if that fails, but they're pretty basic."

horngeek
2009-08-04, 09:02 AM
Right. Then we'd better get moving.

Natsuko starts running towards the Sokyoku.

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 10:44 AM
Siegfried tries to grab her by the shoulder.

"Stay where you are; we have a faster way. Sekienton."

A cloud of red smoke fills the block, easily visible from Sokyoku Hill.

When Vi arrives, Siegfried quickly says,

"Change of plans. Execution's now: please take us to the Tower of Penitence."

Anyr
2009-08-04, 02:09 PM
Forsaking the usual places of observation for such a ceremony, Kiljaeran could be seen wandering a fair distance from the stands. His position had been selected for its view of the key points around the entire hill, allowing him to keep a steady watch on the full area. He wasn't interested in watching the execution itself, but given the circumstances it was practically certain that someone would try to disrupt it. The presence of so many captains and lieutenants didn't really comfort him; Given their track record, there was nothing to stop some of them from switching sides at a moment's notice. As the ceremony began he paced more rapidly and scanned the area constantly. If anything was going to attempt an attack on the stands, there would at least be one captain there whose aim was to stop it.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-04, 02:18 PM
Daisuke is walking up to the execution grounds. He does not look happy. At all.

Shirubaru Reshiro, you have been convicted of the murder of House Daikano. For this, you have been scentenced to execution by use of the Sōkyoku.

Do you have any final requests?

A cigarette would be nice, says Shirubaru. With the sun in the sky and a cigarette in my mouth, it'll be a fine day to die.

strawberryman
2009-08-04, 02:32 PM
Siegfried tries to grab her by the shoulder.

"Stay where you are; we have a faster way. Sekienton."

A cloud of red smoke fills the block, easily visible from Sokyoku Hill.

When Vi arrives, Siegfried quickly says,

"Change of plans. Execution's now: please take us to the Tower of Penitence."

Viatrix

Vi nods, instantly warping herself and the others to the Tower of Penitence through her black and vaguely blue dimensional portals.

Merumeru...

"There you go. Next stop?"

horngeek
2009-08-04, 03:12 PM
Daisuke nods. A cigarette for the condemmed.

A cigarette is provided!

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 03:21 PM
Viatrix

Vi nods, instantly warping herself and the others to the Tower of Penitence through her black and vaguely blue dimensional portals.

Merumeru...

"There you go. Next stop?"

Siegfried pinches the bridge of his nose, then steps out

"We'll launch our attack from here. Try to find the others, and bring them to the other side of the execution site as quickly as possible. Warp here to tell me when they've arrived. Our chances aren't good, but we may be able to create an opening for them."

bladedSmoke
2009-08-04, 03:23 PM
Daisuke nods. A cigarette for the condemmed.

A cigarette is provided!

Shirubaru stares straight ahead, the cigarette clenched between his teeth.

What are you waiting for? Fire her up.

horngeek
2009-08-04, 03:51 PM
Daisuke nods to the kido corps members. They start to activate the sokyoku.

----

When do we attack?

strawberryman
2009-08-04, 03:53 PM
Viatrix

Merumeru...

"Don't even need to move..."

Piroriparopirirora... A bunch of Viatrix's Void Butterflies center on the area, and then she sends them off in opposite directions (avoiding the execution site, to also avoid suspicion) to scout for the others. Viatrix opens a large portal, which displays the images each individual butterfly sees. Merumeru...

"You think these are just for communication?" Vi smirks a little.

OverWilliam
2009-08-04, 04:32 PM
It was here, Kenji thought. The 4th had done a good job cleaning it up-- already, in just a few days, one could hardly tell there had been any damage at all. But there was one spot Kenji suspected they had not noticed...

Gone were the scorch marks. Gone were the craters. Even the solid stone walls again looked... Solid. But there was an instinctual connection here; Kenji knew that his blood and the blood of his opponent both had been spilt here.

Kenji moved to a specific place. A place he remembered well; he bent down to pick something up, something that had (remarkably) been passed over in the cleanup and repair. Kenji picked up his Lieutenant's badge. Slowly and deliberately, he tied it back to his bare bicep, opposite his new tattoo. Droplets of blood still spattered its white band, as well as stains on the wooden device itself. Somehow, though, it only made it belong even more. Kenji straightened up. He was complete again; and it was then that he was assured of how much it had been missing, how much it had... belonged.

"I am Ryuunosuke Kenji, Vice Captain, 2nd Division. I am not an impostor, or a pretender. This is who I am, this is where I belong." He said out loud, informing the empty walls of this place, they who had witnessed his doubt before, a doubt now banished forever from his heart and from his mind.

"Be with me, Yen... Because I know what I have to do."

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 04:53 PM
Siegfried sighs, responding first to Natsuko.

"When the others are in position, or the Sokyoku is fully active, whichever comes first. In the first case, we'll try to draw attention, and get those attending out of the way for Masato's group. In the second, I'll try to hold off the Sokyoku. If I can, I'll get Shirubaru free, and you can escape with him. If I can't, then try to get him yourself."

His only response to Vi is a slight smirk, and careful attention to the screens, which he tears his eyes away from occasionally to watch the Kido Corps firing up the Sokyoku.

We don't have much time left.

Revlid
2009-08-04, 05:47 PM
Kinkuzo's eyes widen as the Sokyoku begins to activate, the readouts on the lens of his mask skittering madly.

He tilts his head slightly in Kessen's direction, a hint of envy in his voice. "They really did know how to build them back then, didn't they?"

It is only that chance tilt that draws his attention to the column of red smoke in the distance, and causes him to remotely ready his traps, eyes back on the crowd, and the road approaching the execution grounds.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-08-04, 06:57 PM
Metta flickers back into sight, roaring along on the bike (http://agaudi.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/fenrir_test_vray_studio3_by_wen_jr.jpg) he had created. He had hidden and slowly cured some of his wounds after his fight, making sure not to overexert himself and harm his effectiveness in combat. He's been keeping to back-streets, but now discarding his stealth, he leaps onto the nearby roofs and increases his speed. That red glow...the Sokyouku is activating! S***!

strawberryman
2009-08-04, 07:02 PM
Viatrix

Viatrix spots Metta on the screen... Wasting no time, she sticks her hand into the respective screen, in lieu of bringing him to where Siegfried directed, pulls him towards her (if that's fine). She looks to him, then Siegfried. Merumeru...

"He's with us, right? If not, I can put him back..."

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 07:08 PM
Siegfried's grin widens.

"That'll be just fine, Vi. Didn't expect to see him again so soon."

When Metta arrives, he says,

"We're here to coordinate you. All of us will be assaulting the execution, either when Masato gets into position, or when the Sokyoku activates. It'll be most useful to have you on the team."

MageSparrowhawk
2009-08-04, 07:27 PM
((...are you pulling him with or without the motorcycle he's riding on?))

strawberryman
2009-08-04, 07:29 PM
((Without, she's not that strong. :smalltongue:))

MageSparrowhawk
2009-08-04, 07:37 PM
((Ok, I was kinda confused, but this works...I guess...*shrug*))

"What the...oh. Huh. Hi everybody!" And people who I have no idea who they are...

"Um...so this is the part where we save Shiru's ass just before he gets toasted by the sokyoku?"

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 08:06 PM
Siegfried raises an eyebrow, then nods.

"I'd rather it be a bit less narrow than that, but that's the right idea. We can do introductions later. Just know that we're on the same side."

MageSparrowhawk
2009-08-04, 08:15 PM
"Plan? You actually made one? Nice." Metta glances around at those assembled. ((who is that actually?)) "So, do you think you could give me a rundown on that plan of yours?"

strawberryman
2009-08-04, 08:21 PM
Viatrix

Viatrix stares at Metta. She does her weird wind trick by funnelling it off of a mountain somewhere. Shiiiiii...

Sucrose
2009-08-04, 08:24 PM
((It's Siegfried, Viatrix, Natsuko, Kachisuke, and Metta himself))

Siegfried sighs.

"It's been shot to hell at this point, but the idea was to create a distraction by breaking Natsuko here out of First Division. The others would use the chaos to try to rescue Shirubaru. The fallback plan is what we're on now.

We'll attack directly when Masato's team is in position, hopefully creating an opening for them to rescue Shirubaru in. If they aren't ready when the Sokyoku is activated, we'll try for a snatch and grab."

KnightDisciple
2009-08-04, 11:32 PM
(OOC: Sucrose, could you PM myself and Zarah an update on what plan B is, and where we are in it?))

Satoshi

Satoshi stood there, his uniform in fine shape. He is wearing his white haori, the only one he has. For his friend, he would wear only the very best.

He weathered the annoyances of the Brothers Grim and others, staying silent.

Waiting. Because...something was going to happen. He could feel it.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 12:07 AM
(OOC: Double Post FTW!)

Tyler

Tyler suddenly appeared near the others.

"Everybody ready to rock and roll?"

horngeek
2009-08-05, 02:29 AM
Yep. Let's get going.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:32 AM
Meanwhile, in the forest which borders Sokyuko Hill, a team of big, hard-faced men and women are slinking silently through the trees, some leaping overhead from branch to branch.

The entire 11th Squad are out in force.

And at the head of them stand Cecilia and her Vice-Captain Carmen. Cecilia looks up briefly as a seated 11th-Squad-member leaps from a tree behind and lands on a branch above them, his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Cecilia casts her mind back to earlier that day... She'd drawn a line. Given her entire Squad the choice. Cross the line and try to help her rescue their old Captain, at great personal risk. Or stay on the other side, safe, but knowing they wouldn't be out there fighting for their old Captain.

These were 11th Squad. Of course they'd all crossed the line. And now here they were. Preparing to, essentially, cast caution to the winds and declare war on the entire rest of Soul Society.

Right. Cecilia takes a deep breath, flicking back her pink hair. We have to hurry it up, guys, if we're going to rescue Shirubaru. Hands on your swords, gents, and eyes open wide. Everyone know the plan?

"Charge in without any semblance of forethought or forward planning and just hope things work out?" asks the Shinigami overhead.

Yup. That's the 11th Squad way. Cecilia grins. I think Shirubaru will be very happy to see us all, don't you?

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 04:36 AM
Abishai had been running through the woods as well, making his way like a blood crazed bullet to the execution grounds when he caught scent of the 11th Division. A feral grin crossed his lips as he sped through the trees silently. The scout was nothing, dead before he could make a sound, Abishai's jaw unhinging as he bit the mans head and shoulders clean off, his hands grasping the body so it didn't fall. Blood leaked down the body, a single drop landing on the pink haired girls head

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:38 AM
Cecilia frowns as the droplet lands on her forehead.

It's... raining?

She reaches up and brushes the drop away, only to stare in horror at her red-stained hand.

...What? She looks up, and sees Abishai.

Who the hell are you?

horngeek
2009-08-05, 04:39 AM
{{Is Abishai bothering to conceal his reiatsu?}}

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:40 AM
{{Is Abishai bothering to conceal his reiatsu?}}

{{Yes, which is why Cecilia didn't notice til the blood fell on her head.}}

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 04:41 AM
The rest of the shinigami seemed to vanish down the crazed Espada's throat, a few crunching noises his only notes of passing. Abishai ran a hand along his jaw, blood trailing on the arm, a grin sliding in place almost as if the blood hid it

"Who...meeeee? Nannan Abishai...and you? Your my next meal. Before Shiru-kun dies....i'm going to kill all his friends. Starting with you. Baaaaaaaaaaka!!!!"

Abishai is suddenly between the Division, several of the imposing men and women falling to the ground and massive blood red wounds spray forth out of their chests

"ITS RAINING!!!!"

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:52 AM
Cecilia draws her sword, her eyes turning from wide and shocked to flat and hard.

Abishai? As in, the Tercera Espada?

Tough luck, Tercera Espada. You're messing with the Kenpachi of Soul Society here.

She turns to Carmen.

Go! Go with the rest of our Squad. Lead them to the Execution Hill and rescue Shirubaru. Do it for me. And tell him that Abishai is going to get killed for him, courtesy of the girl he gave a name.

Tell only him. I don't want anyone else interrupting this. This is my moment to prove my worth.

Shunpo, and suddenly Abishai's gory antics are interrupted by Cecilia's boot descending towards his face.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 04:55 AM
Abishai grabs the foot, slaming the woman into the tree before dropping her to the ground, leaping down next to her

"Your the Kenpachi? Don't you know? I already killed one once, he just didn't stay dead. But ooh...do I hope he gets freed soon. Because...if he died like this, i'd feel..so very sad. Let me explain something. Female. Your nothing to me. You'll never be anything to me. Your a snack in name only. And when i'm done beating you around this forest, i'm going to do to you what I did to Shiru-kun. First...i'm going to rip off your arms, and beat you with them. Then i'm going to rip off your lower jaw, and then i'm going to light you on fire, and listen to you gurgle. Sound good?"

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:59 AM
Well, I don't have any of those fancy threats to give, shrugs Cecilia. I'm pretty much just going to kill you.

She shunpo's away to another part of the forest, hoping to draw Abishai away from the rest of 11th Squad.

Bite, Mushini! she shouts, releasing her Shikai, and her body is covered in invisible armour. She waits, sword in hand.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 05:01 AM
Abishai appears before Cecillia, his chest suddenly bursting open into a massive set of jaws

"GYYYYYHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Revlid
2009-08-05, 05:51 AM
Reiatsu, when simply released, tends to travel in waves, building up over short periods of time before flowing out properly. It is this final flow that alerts those sensitives nearby to its presence, so in ordinary circumstances, combined with the deliberate suppression of spiritual energy by both parties, no-one would know about the battle going on a mile or so away until some time later.

Of course, in ordinary circumstances, Kinkuzo wouldn't have his reiatsu-scanning devices set up and aimed full bore away from the Sokyoku.

Nor would he have set up the warning system directly into his mask.

As it is, Kinkuzo staggers, before tearing off his welding mask and clutching his ears, while the equivalent of a dozen of the most annoying ringtones imaginable blare out of its speakers.

"&*%£!!!"

That seemed somehow insufficient. So he said it again, repeatedly, and blinded a few times for good measure.

"&*%£!!! $*&#!!! &*%£ing &*%£!!! Hairy &*%£er of $*&#ing TADPOLES!!!"

A solid kick turns off the tones, and Kinkuzo looks up to see everyone staring at him.

"Er, sorry. Just, you know, nerves."

He replaces the silent mask before glaring at the forest. What in the hell was going on over there?

Sucrose
2009-08-05, 06:34 AM
((I take it that you guys have a new plan, now? Sorry for not catching on earlier, and sending the PMs.))

Siegfried glances over, his eyes widening.

"This wasn't part of the plan! You were to approach from the other direction!"

However, at that moment, a faint roar is heard, as the 11th Division comes into view. Siegfried ... actually begins to laugh.

"You fight-crazy sons 'a bitches! All right, I guess that'll prove more than enough distraction. Once they have the Captains' attention, we'll steal in there, and grab Shirubaru-san."

He glances over to Tyler,

"Unless Living Vizard-san doesn't like this plan, either?"

horngeek
2009-08-05, 06:36 AM
Siegfried... I might be able to provide another distraction to divert more of their attention.

The Quincy Final Form.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 06:51 AM
Tyler

Tyler smirked and shrugged at Siegfried.

"Masato said he had it under control. Didn't say much else. I figure we roll in as planned, and adapt on the fly. No plan survives contact with the enemy."

He turns slightly to Natsuko.

"...No. If I remember right, that makes you lose all your powers. There's no need, Natsuko. I think between those 11th Squad guys, us, and the one or two captains who, at the least, won't interfere, we won't need that."

(OOC: So are we saying the 11th Division people are starting to become visual already?)

horngeek
2009-08-05, 06:55 AM
All right...

Let's go in.

She summons her Quincy Bow.

Sucrose
2009-08-05, 07:04 AM
((OOC: Well, they could just be on one of Vi's screens; I'll leave it up to the guy playing the Kenpachis.))

Siegfried nods, and draws Ingakumo.

"All right; we leave right now, and the 11th will get there shortly before us. Do whatever you can to rescue Shirubaru."

He smirks back at Tyler.
"Adapt to whatever happens. Try to get clear for Vi to help you escape. Let's roll."

With that, he takes off running.

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 10:13 AM
Wolfgang

Wolfgang, having actually tried to follow The Plan, scratches his head at the other end of the execution site as apparently the group split up at some point...


Viatrix

Vi rubs her temple and floats after in annoyance.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:51 AM
Cecilia draws her sword, her eyes turning from wide and shocked to flat and hard.

Abishai? As in, the Tercera Espada?

Tough luck, Tercera Espada. You're messing with the Kenpachi of Soul Society here.

She turns to Carmen.

Go! Go with the rest of our Squad. Lead them to the Execution Hill and rescue Shirubaru. Do it for me. And tell him that Abishai is going to get killed for him, courtesy of the girl he gave a name.

Tell only him. I don't want anyone else interrupting this. This is my moment to prove my worth.

Shunpo, and suddenly Abishai's gory antics are interrupted by Cecilia's boot descending towards his face.

She quickly nods.
Of course Cecilia-San
And Carmen koked to the rest of the division, she smiled.
Come on guys!
Let's go, hurry!
And she heads towards the execution grounds, hopefully with eleventh division following.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 12:30 PM
She quickly nods.
Of course Cecilia-San
And Carmen koked to the rest of the division, she smiled.
Come on guys!
Let's go, hurry!
And she heads towards the execution grounds, hopefully with eleventh division following.

With a roar of assent, 11th Division do indeed follow.

___________________________

And meanwhile, Cecilia leaps back, stabbing with her sword towards the centre of the open "mouth" in Abishai's chest.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 12:34 PM
Abishai snarled, suddenly disappearing, a voice hissing in the Captains ear

"Roaring Cero"

A sudden bright point of light appeared next to her, bathing the forest clearing in wicked red light

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 12:41 PM
Cecilia is trapped at the centre of the bright red blast. So are the trees behind her. When the smoke clears, a huge swathe of the trees behind her are thin, spindly black sticks, burnt down to a crisp.

She herself is standing with her hands on her knees, retching drily. Orange energy crackles across her, and the big armour slowly turns visible. It's cracked, and scorched, and as Cecilia leans down to pick up her dropped sword, a few small sections slide away and hit the ground with a hollow clang.

Sword in hand, Cecilia stares up at the Tercera, breathing hard.

You'll have to... do better than that. She coughs, and her armour creaks ominously as she readies herself into an attack stance once again.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 12:45 PM
Carmen leads them to the execution grounds. Once there she'll order them to stand between the Sōkyoku and Shirubaru.
Carmen smiles up at the former captain.
11th division is here for you, Shirubaru-Sama!

Draken
2009-08-05, 12:49 PM
The eleventh division. How... Well, not really unexpected.

"Liutenant Arule. Call your men and step back. What you are doing is on the verge of treason."

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 12:53 PM
At this point, Taniko is sitting in the stands, working desperately to finish her report. Technically she had everything she needed, but thanks to SOME people she had to wade through a mile of red tape.

Kessen tilts his head as his Vice-Captain's alarms go off. "Question: All those alarms, and the only one missing is the current Kenpachi? This won't do."

Kessen is suddenly next to Captain Kiljaeran. "Shall I sick Project Nukari on them?"

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 12:56 PM
Vasae stares at the crowd, tugging on his brothers shirt

"Haa....things are getting exciting....wouldn't you say?"

Anyr
2009-08-05, 01:02 PM
Kessen tilts his head as his Vice-Captain's alarms go off. "Question: All those alarms, and the only one missing is the current Kenpachi? This won't do."

Kessen is suddenly next to Captain Kiljaeran. "Shall I sick Project Nukari on them?"

Some people might have been surprised by Kiljaeran's reaction. What looked like the entire 11th Division had just marched into the execution grounds and so far he was staying exactly where he was. He slowly shook his head and spoke.

"They're not worth it. No matter how many of them are here, their most powerful officer is just a lieutenant. If they cause a disruption then Hideki or one of the others will scatter them without any trouble. This is just a distraction; Save your forces for the true enemies."

He returned to his watch, having apparently dismissed the 11th Division as a threat. A real rescue attempt would need at least one captain-level member to have a chance of succeeding.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 01:05 PM
Shirubaru stares down at the assembled 11th Squad and Carmen in particular, a proud smile tugging at the corners of his mouth despite his efforts to hide it.

Th-thank you, he says, sounding a little teared up. But... Um, I didn't actually want to be rescued. Although your efforts make me... They make me so proud. So very, very proud. To have known you all. To have taught you. But there comes a time when every man must die, Carmen.

___________________


Vasae stares at the crowd, tugging on his brothers shirt

"Haa....things are getting exciting....wouldn't you say?"

Kusato appears to have completely forgotten the little tizzy he threw earlier. It certainly is, dear brother, he says, a grin stretched across his face. Let us wait and see how this pans out, and hopefully we can have a fun time from this whole curious affair.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 01:11 PM
She ignores the others, just staring at Shirubaru.
But Cecilia-kun...
She said...
Carmen really doesn't want to dishonor Shirubaru's wishes, but she really doesn't want to let Cecilia down...

Zarah
2009-08-05, 01:13 PM
Every eye in the vicinity was glued to the pillar of flame shooting into the sky just before the scaffold. Slowly, it began to deform and rebuilt itself into the shape of a bird and a moment later, the soukyoku's released form was soaring high above all those watching. Brilliant, orange flames rolled off the phoenix as it seemed to stare down Shirubaru, making every second feel like a short eternity. Finally, it let out a graceful shriek, then spread its wings across the sky and began moving.

It would all be over soon.

But from the edge of the hill, behind all the awe-struck Shinigami, a lone figure charged toward the site at an unbelievable speed. A long, brown cloak covered his face and flowed behind him as he made every step. His reiatsu hidden by the material, he rushed straight forward, hoping he could go unnoticed long enough to make it in time.

As soon as he breached the crowd, the Shinigami began taking notice of the intruder. He didn't even bother looking to see who was who, he just simply kept running. It didn't take long before the others had their swords drawn. One swung low, but he simply jumped over it, then slid under another as they swung it in a wide arc. So far so good.

When he finally reached the bottom of the scaffold, he was sure that every person from the thirteen squads was right behind him, so he didn't have time to think. He grabbed hold of his zanpakutou with both hands, letting it burst to life in an instant. As he channeled everything he could into his legs, he bent close to the ground and waited. He could feel the others closing in on him, swords drawn and ready to stop him from taking another step. Luckily for them, he didn't need to.

The second one of the Shinigami was in range, he unleashed all the energy he had, leaping from the ground with a magnificent explosion and leaving a large crater in its wake. Like a bullet, he shot straight upward, right toward Shirubaru's body suspended in the air. The soukyoku continued to close the gap, and for a single moment, it looked as if all their hope was lost.

Shirubaru's eyes closed and braced for whatever was coming.

However, what he didn't see was the figure of a boy leaping before the soukyoku and slamming his massive zanpakutou into the beak of the phoenix. The impact created a huge blast of flames to erupt from both parties, glowing orange and red as they flew in every direction and giving entirely new meaning to fighting fire with fire.

When everything had cleared, everyone could see that the soukyoku had been stopped dead in its tracks. The destructive power of a million zanpakutous had been halted by a single boy. As Shirubaru opened his eyes, he saw the figure of a familiar kid. His cloak had mostly been blown away, revealing his short, messy black hair and devilish grin.

"M...Masato?"

Another small explosion of fire burst from Masato's zanpakutou, sending him into a backflip and landing softly on the scaffold right behind his Master. The soukyoku reared back and screamed at the sudden intrusion. Masato, still grinning as he always seemed to be, simply said,

"Yeah."

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 01:20 PM
"Would you look at that? Looks like in the end, justice is done. Or something"

Vasae picks up his brother, smirking


___________________________________________

The explosion can be seen even out into the woods, causing Abishai to grin further

"Harder...you say? Very well...are you prepared to die? Like your Captain?"

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 01:22 PM
Taniko looks up from her paperwork, perking a brow.

Kessen tilts his head. "Now?"

Anyr
2009-08-05, 01:26 PM
Kessen tilts his head. "Now?"

Kiljaeran nodded.

"Now."

He smoothly drew his sword and leapt forward, aiming for the figure atop the stands. From the reiatsu coming from this mysterious intruder, it seemed that the real attack had begun.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 01:33 PM
Kiljaeran nodded.

"Now."

He smoothly drew his sword and leapt forward, aiming for the figure atop the stands. From the reiatsu coming from this mysterious intruder, it seemed that the real attack had begun.

Carmen jumped, drawing her zanpaktou. She tried to intercept Kiljaren midair with a blade slice.

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 01:34 PM
Kessen draws his zanpaktou, holding the pommel up to his mouth like a microphone with a two-handed reverse grip. "Units 1 through 20, converge on my position and subdue intruders. Calculate, Takusen."

The blade shifts in his grip as he shunpos into the thick of the 11th squad forces, at which point he'll get the most out of his foresight while using nonlethal strikes to subdue those around him. Better not to get in the way of the Captains, and technically SOMEONE had to deal with the small army of brawlers.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 01:37 PM
11th Division members will draw their swords and attempt to non-lethally keep back anyone who tries to interfere.

___________________________

This looks like it's going to be fun, says Kusato, drawing his sword. Now put me down, O psychotic brother of mine.

____________________________

Masato, repeats Shirubaru, in a half-annoyed, half-proud voice. He looks back at the Sokyuko. It recovers itself and dives back towards the two of them, screaming, its flaming body searing the eyes of those watching.

Sh**. That thing's going to kill off the both of us now.

Masato no doubt readies himself to fend it off once again, but Shirubaru is quicker. He breaks free of his bonds without apparent effort and pushes in front of Masato, raising one of his Hollow arms - the one that reads "Shield" in Kanji.

The entire roaring fury of the Sokyuko crashes down towards them, and Shirubaru looks tiny as he waits for it to hit, one fist raised. With the other arm, he reaches up and flips down his mask.

The resulting reiatsu shatters every single window in Seireitei.

The Sokyuko hits. There is a roaring, twisting, moment where the entire world seems to dissolve in fire, thunder, and overpowering reiatsu. And then - silence. The Sokyuko spirals down into Shirubaru's arm with a final screech, before blinking into nothing. There is a moment of shocked silence.

And then fire begins to trace its way up Shirubaru's Hollow arm, filling in the strange patterns and engravings on the white bone, until one of his arms is entirely wreathed in flame. Fire burns in one eye of his Mask, too. In the eye-socket where Shirubaru's true eye is supposedly missing.

Shirubaru stares at his burning arm in shock.

I think I just absorbed the Sokyuko. Shirubaru sounds fairly shocked, and there is an edge of terrible, thrumming power deep in his voice.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 01:41 PM
Carmen landed, she considered going after Kiljaeran again, but decided agains it, the rest of the squad needed her.
She rushed towards Kessen.
Hey! Stop!

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 01:43 PM
Vasae shakes his head

"No. Its time to dance. Nii-san"

Vasae will then drop Kusato, and tango into the fray, kicking and throwing his brother into anyone stupid enough to get in their way

Anyr
2009-08-05, 01:44 PM
Kiljaeran had smoothly dodged Carmen's earlier attack without any apparent effort and continued forward. He released some reiatsu as a warning that she was out of her depth, but otherwise ignored her completely. His eyes were still almost fixed on Masato...

Until, that is, the Soukyoku attacked. He skidded to a halt and shielded his eyes from the tremendous blast of the great weapon. When he opened them again, he expected to find that the would-be rescuer and his charge had been utterly destroyed.

Instead the sight was something almost unbelievable. He blinked a few times and openly stared.

"He...absorbed it?"

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 01:50 PM
Kessen responds by grabbing the sword arm of an attacking unseated that tried to come at him from behind, twisting into a wristlock, and throwing the opponent at Carmen. His own sword arm is commited to deflecting a zanpaktou in shikai into blocking attacks from three other shinigami. He seems unphased by the consumption of the Sokyoku. "Complaint: Predictable."

Taniko, meanwhile, jawdrops. There's no way he can win...

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 01:54 PM
Carmen catches the shinigami, sliding back a bit.
She sets the shinigami on the ground, then charges Kessen, swinging non-lethally at him.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 01:55 PM
"He- It- What?"

Data readouts don't lie. Sokyoku was gone, absorbed into the condemned ex-Captain's Hollow arms. Why they hadn't removed them when the had the chance... Kinkuzo scowls, drawing his zanpaktou.

"Spark, Funkenstock!"

Lightning crackling around the head of his tesla-mace, Kinkuzo activates the innermost layer of his traps, a ring of lesser kido-cannons springing out of the earth, cousins to the massive world-destroyer elsewhere in Soul Society. They point directly at the holding point of the Sokyoku, their appearance further disrupting the already-scattering crowd.

"Fire! Lesser Kido-Cannons one through twelve!"

A dozen identical blasts of spiritual energy rip through reality, heading straight for Masato, Shirubaru, and anyone else fool enough to be on the execution stand.

Elsewhere, rings of mines, horo-jaws, remote-janitors, yokai-flytraps, metaspiritual mesh-nets and battle-gigai drones activate, making any further approach or exit of the Execution Grounds on foot a much more dangerous prospect. Planning permission could bite Kinkuzo's shiny metal ass.

Draken
2009-08-05, 01:57 PM
"The power of a Vizard.

I can't say I am impressed by power steeming from the tainting of one's soul. I think I will have to carry this execution on myself.

Intensify, Hado 33, Sōkatsui."

With Onmyōji pointing up, to Masato and Shirubaru, Hideki released a veritable storm of blue fire into the sky.

Sucrose
2009-08-05, 01:58 PM
((Sorry for the delay; today's been a busy one for me. I'll leave it to the others to describe their actions.))

And thus it was that the cavalry arrived, late as usual. Or, given the amount of opposition, perhaps not.

"YA-HA! Come and get some!"

Toward the front of the group, Siegfried ran through the growing melee, his zanpaktou used only to block what would be hard to dodge; his off hand and feet were all the offense he needed against the unseated he'd run over thus far.

Hopefully, the ruckus and wave of fallen shinigami he was making would draw some of the enemies off of Masato and Shirubaru.

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 01:59 PM
OOC: One last one before deadtime...

IC:
Kessen seems preoccupied with pushing back the giant sword he had worked into blocking the other attacks. He suddenly yields as Carmen comes at him, however, causing the swordsman to swing uncontrollably in a manner so that his sword connects with Carmen's nonlethal strike.

Kessen lands behind the three the big sword had been used to block. The two further ones are knocked out with the flat of Kessen's greatsword before he jerks the blade back, knocking out the third man with his pommel while just managing to avoid a stab from behind.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 02:03 PM
Carmen is knocked back a bit. She gets up and continues help her division. Fending off anyone coming at them.

Fan
2009-08-05, 02:14 PM
Vince stands up, the air around him being charged with electrical energy that caused even his own body to feel charged, and ready. He had been waiting for this, and had developed a few new techniques after that evolved Hollow bastard shanked him in the ribs, and he planned to put them to use,

He raised one arm, hand grasped around the guitar neck, eyes burning with Azure reaitsu as he said.


"Ride the Lightning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI8xrnOrftM) Sono Myu-Jishan."


as his guitar shifted into it's Shikai (http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000050651.jpg) form, the notes streaming out of his guitar with steady, perfect rhythm, azure serpents of electrictity forming behind him from the energy, and lashing out towards the Ryoka with deadly precision.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 02:29 PM
"Don't take this the wrong way, but your killing the buzz dude"

Vasae is suddenly in front of the massive lightning blasts, the energy striking his tonfa, and sparking before disappearing"

"Not even as strong as a cero huh...your going to need to try harder. No hard feelings though...we're not against you per say, but we're not against them either. Right Nii-san?"

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 02:34 PM
Yeah, we've beaten up a few of the 11th Squad but they're too easy, ya know?

Kusato is standing behind Vince with a lazy grin.

Besides, after seeing Shirubaru absorb that thing, and feeling the reiatsu of these ryoka, we figure there's a good chance they'll actually win out in the end. Particularly with the number of Captains sympathetic to Shirubaru.

And the Brothers Grim always back the winning team. No offence, matey-boy. You're a nice guy. Really. Well, not really. I was just saying that to make yourself feel slightly better about all this after we kick your arse. Shatter, Firano.

Kusato snaps his glass sword, and broken glass ripples over the entire area. A large number of 11th Squad members yelp as shards shoot up through their feet.

Told you this'd be funtimes, brother O brother.

Fan
2009-08-05, 02:35 PM
The point of the blasts was not to do damage. The blocked blasts disapate upon contact, suffusing themselves into any metal, including his Zanpaktou, that may be on or outside of Vasae, drawing his Zanpaktou inevitably towards his body through the power of the 7 super magnets that his body just turned into with that block. (It was intended to be a slight danger for multiple people, now Kasae is having his blade pulled into Hara Kiri.)

Sucrose
2009-08-05, 02:44 PM
Realizing that Kiljaeran won't be phased by Shirubaru's absorption for long, and that he was a Captain could actually be approached quickly, Siegfried grins and vanishes, just as an unseated stabs at his back.

He reappears directly behind Darius, his cheerful grin still attached, and a roundhouse kick aimed at the captain's head.

"Ohayou, Kiljaeran-taicho."

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 02:44 PM
I would advise you to let go of my brother, Vincey baby, says Kusato menacingly, the broken glass all around them beginning to shiver and shake as if getting ready to leap into the air. Lest we decide to start fighting for real and end up tearing you into small sad ribbons. I advise you not to up the ante. I advise you not to be such a d***, although I realise this might be an inborn trait of yours.

{{OOC: The broken glass covers a much smaller area than usual, so as only to affect Vince and a few random 11th Squad members nearby. Vince has broken glass shards sticking up into his feet, by the way, and might want to react to that. :smalltongue:}}

Anyr
2009-08-05, 02:52 PM
Realizing that Kiljaeran won't be phased by Shirubaru's absorption for long, and that he was a Captain could actually be approached quickly, Siegfried grins and vanishes, just as an unseated stabs at his back.

He reappears directly behind Darius, his cheerful grin still attached, and a roundhouse kick aimed at the captain's head.

"Ohayou, Kiljaeran-taicho."

Having been the target of moves like this throughout his career, Kiljaeran's reaction was practised and calm. He swung around and intercepted the attacking limb with his blade.

"Pathetic. Surrender if you want to live, lieutenant. I'm in no mood to play games."

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 02:58 PM
The point of the blasts was not to do damage. The blocked blasts disapate upon contact, suffusing themselves into any metal, including his Zanpaktou, that may be on or outside of Vasae, drawing his Zanpaktou inevitably towards his body through the power of the 7 super magnets that his body just turned into with that block. (It was intended to be a slight danger for multiple people, now Kasae is having his blade pulled into Hara Kiri.)

Vasae drags his feet into the ground, screaming and whining

"NO! THIS ISN'T FAIR! WHAT WILL I DO!! WHAT WILL I DO NII-SAN?!?!"

This of course, is said in his typical flat voice, his face clearly displaying the latest predicament isn't so bad as he stops, his arms trembling to keep ahold of his weapons

"Kidding. Up the voltage dood. This is like wrestling with Tani-chan."

Fan
2009-08-05, 02:58 PM
Vince grimaces as the abnormally sharp glass sticks into his feet, but continues playing, the reaitsu strings plucking themselves as he raises his hand like a puppet master drawing his marionette strings, as he says, eyes closed in focus.

"If anyone here is a d*** it's traitors like you who want to let a murderer go free. Half Hollow or not, he admitted to his crimes, and was convicted. I've rarely been on the right side of the law myself, and have seen where it can go wrong, but those people who died deserve their justice! Do you really think I can be stopped by the likes of you?!"

His eyes flare with the azure Reaitsu underneath the lids, the air around him still charged as the song reaches it's crescendo the lightning forming up for another magnetic attack, serpents with wicked, and jagged grins cut into their electrical maws as they soar up in a spiraling pattern, weaving together into a massive electrical monster the size of a semi truck.

"Now you'll see Sono Myu-Jishan's true form. Years of rushing through the refinement process, years of striving towards nothing but bankai were for naught. Now even after the intense, but short, practice of these three days I realize were I went wrong all along, why I was always so much weaker then all the other captains despite having ban-kai.

Now.

YOU"LL SEE TOO!"

He raises his right hand again, open palmed at first, before clenching it, the massive beast now diving towards the Brothers Grimm, the air around it ionizing, and burning leaving a trail of smoke behind it, as it spirals towards the two.

(I set this by Byakuya's shikai level... It seems fair considering some things, namely the stationary nature.)

Sucrose
2009-08-05, 03:15 PM
Having been the target of moves like this throughout his career, Kiljaeran's reaction was practised and calm. He swung around and intercepted the attacking limb with his blade.

"Pathetic. Surrender if you want to live, lieutenant. I'm in no mood to play games."

Siegfried, having delivered attacks like this throughout his career, calmly parries the counter with Ingakumo, spinning too far away to deliver the kick, but landing on the ground unhurt, and catching the blade in his sword breaker's teeth. The smile is gone now, perhaps having served its purpose.

He proceeds to either lock Kiljaeran's sword arm, or force his blade from his hands, with a twist of his dirk. In the former case, he then tries to strike at the side of the sword arm's elbow with his off hand, a blow that could shatter the fragile bones therein.

"If you refer to me by my rank, at least have the decency to stay updated, Kiljaeran-taicho. I achieved the rank of Captain before saving Masato. You would be wise to remember it."

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 03:18 PM
Kusato stares, eyes wide, at the massive behemoth descending upon them.

How delightfully terrifying. Quaint, in its way. Old school. Shall we partake of our bankai, brother?

Let's, growls Vasae, eyes fixed on the descending creature.

They open their mouths as one. They speak as one.

Ban. Kai.

The two twins' reiatsus merge, from black and white to a single all-encompassing grey, as strong as a Captain's.

Suddenly, the broken glass scattering the ground begins to shine brightly as sunshine gets trapped within it. The glittering glass arcs up in an enormous shimmering crescent, forming a lethal, razor-sharp barrier in front of the descending electric monster.

Kusato is already gone from his position, confident that the barrier will slow, rather than stop, the monster. It was never intended to stop the mondster, though, just to allow Kusato time to get out of the way. Vasae was perfectly capable of the whole "stopping" business.

Kusato "surfs" on a wave of broken glass towards Vince, raising his hands in the air and raining more lethal shards down on the 10th Squad Captain.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 03:21 PM
Carmen is still helping defend the remaining 11th squad from members of other squads.
Al lot are unconscious or injured.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 03:22 PM
Kinkuzo turns toward the fray without bothering to see the effect his kido-cannons have on the ryoka and ex-Captain, and ignoring numerous updates popping up in the corner of his mask, alerting him to 11th Division members falling left-right-and-center to mines and jaw-traps. Idiots.

Heading for the twin-fighting duo that so amused him earlier, Kinkuzo readies Funkenstock, pausing only momentarily at the sight of the electrical serpents bearing down on them. With a grin, he thrusts his zanpaktou forward with one hand while reaching into a pouch with the other, and green lightning arcs around the serpents, adding to their already shocking power.

He shouts over the music.
"Snakes and toads don't normally work together... But I guess we'll make an exception, okay?"

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 03:24 PM
Vasae's tonfa explode along with the glass, the electrical energy coursing over them shattering as well

"Won't make this mistake again"

A sudden blast of energy lances from his now massive two handed sword, cutting the rest of the beast apart. The green energy simply hitting against the massive shield and skitting off

"Threshing Dragon. Now unleashed. Nii-san. Premission to go Raging Grain Beast."

Vasae stands slack, the weapon sliding across the ground

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 03:25 PM
Lance

Lance raises an eyebrow, leaning against a tree and watching the proceedings with amusement.

((Sorry, Sucrose, would have started the fight with Sieg, but I had to deadtime for an appointment. :smallsigh: Anyway, Lance will jump in on the next fight possible (on the Shinigami side, not Masato/Ryoka/11th), probably.))

Fan
2009-08-05, 03:29 PM
Vince grins when he sees the Kido Corps boy join in the fight, it was nice to have back up, as he diverted the power that would have made the Serpent even more powerful only for a second, to create a electro magnetic shield, the iron from the blood that had been spilt, and thousands of belt buckles/buttons forming together a shield to protect him from the lethal rain, before diverting it back, casting the ruined shield aside, however, he did have time to do a spiraling motion with his hand causing the beast to arc up over the shield, and do a power dive towards the remaining twin, however when it's cut short as the blade cuts through the electrical energy, the blade, although likely still diamond, conducts the electricty like a jacob's ladder to zap the twin with well over 40,000 Volts of electricty into his body.

When this is finished Vince turns to flash his new ally a grin, even though the effort of maintaining this is obviously straining him due to the beading sweat on his brow.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 03:33 PM
Eyes widening at the display from the brothers, Kinkuzo squats, before momentarily vanishing from view. He reappears in front of Vince, partially sheltered by his iron shield, mace raised as though to block the raining glass. What he's just done is clearly not shunpo, but also clearly not without cost, as parts of his legs are glowing cherry-red with heat.

"Funkenstock! Tesla Cage!"

Lightning sparks out from the head of Kinkuzo's mace, forming a net, or one side of a cage, that somehow deflects or melts most of the nearby falling glass that would have otherwise hit him. The directed stuff could well be another matter.

"Captain." Kinkuzo addresses Vince. "Their strength is in their link - if one falls, they both will. I'll be happy to stall Kusato, if you'll take out..." he wracks his brain. "...the other one."

OOC: Can someone point me to Vince's character profile? I can't find it anywhere?
Oh, and Kinkuzo's 12th Division, not Kido Corps - they're the morally ambiguous mad scientist types, not the barely-ever-seen Gandalf types. :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 03:33 PM
Vasae's first raging blade attack seemed to miss the beast, but it was as planned. The beams reflected against the glass in the air, lashing further against the beast, only the shock wave striking Vasae , knocking him a fair bit o

"Premission granted. Thank you. Nii-san."

Vasae's blade glows brightly, the glass in the area suddenly exploding like a mini sun.

"Grain Beast Mode. Activated. Rain of Golden Waves. Good bye. Fools."

The area suddenly grows hot, as energy beams reflect and strike the area inside the glass, the ground exploding from each strike. Vasae is outside the glass by this point. As a note, the glass still stops sonido and shunpo.

Neknoh
2009-08-05, 03:33 PM
The moat arround the chamber of the Central 46 lay silent, its waters holding afloat the petals of countless roses, a deep red, it was almost as if it was filled with blood, flaked and scattered across its surface. In front of that small walkway, standing at attention and in a row stood guards, wherefrom, nobody quite knew, or rather, they were from all three Great Houses, allong with the personal bodyguards and best warriors of all the lower houses. Two rows, each facing eachother, their faces masked, their bodies clad in armour, white, unmarked banners held by their backs.

From far away, overshadowing the roar of the Sokyoko and of the chaos coming from the distant hill, music can be heard, the gates of each major house are opened, their massive, laquered wood creaking as they are, the heavy hinges groaning under the strain. Honoka, Ryder, Hideki, the banners of the three Great Houses are held high, fluttering in the wind and Reiruku preassure unleashed at the hill, who's top is now blazing like the sun itself. Fifteen people, their faces hidden behind veils march out, none of them ancient in appearance, but rather, young or at least in their prime. Thirteen wizened, two judges, fifteen people. Fifteen times three. Cymbals, drums, chanting and bells, carried by and played by servants, lesser guards accompanying the processions, the best ones sent ahead to secure the paths. Across the rooftops and in the alleys, all hidden by shadows, further shadows stalked, the assassins, the spies of each house, nobody expected things to go wrong, but if they did, no house wanted to be the one that did not strike back.

All three of the processions stopped short of the two rows of armoured guards, the blank, white flags standing as a message, a meaning. Each representative from each house, the nobles that is, not those lowly servants, slowly took off their vests and signets, their rings, their seals, their house and identity, now completely removed. Clad solely in white, one after another, they started walking down that path, their socked feet softly treading upon the cold, white marble that was the bridge across.

Each of the persons there, each of the sages and judges, representatives of the Three Great Houses, slowly sought their way to their seats, a number for each of them. Two, Three, Four, Five... but, there were no number one, at least not a number someone picked up. In the middle, on a pediestall, resting on a blood red pillow, lay a simple circlet, a metal band about two inch in height, a Badge at its front center, reading "One". It lay untouched.

Silence slowly filled the chamber, it's layered terraces seething with it, it was like mist being poured softly from the ceiling, people almost held their breath, why they were here was obvious, whom it was that had summoned them however, was not as clear.

Outside of the chamber, another set of socked feet trod on the white marble bridge, pausing as their owner was lost in thought, gazing at the petals floating in the moat, hardly moving at all, ever growing darker untill they finally sunk, much like humans... The feet started moving again, and behind, all of the guards moved with them, as the person, owner of the feet, entered the Chamber, the armoured guards, the Yojimbou and Samurai of the Noble Houses, spread out, lining up outside of the walls of the chamber. The staircase down was long, narrow, and gazes from veiled eyes followed every step the feet took.

"Men and women of the Chamber, Sages and Judges of the Central... people of the Houses, I brought you here for a reason." Her voice was soft, but they heard her, all of them, and now, the chamber itself seemed to gasp as Aiko stood herself behind the circlet, or "crown" if you will.

"A few days ago, we lost the house of Daikano, our peers, our equals, and not only that, but we lost what little structure we had left. What little order was left after the brutal murders, the slaughter of the former Central 46, the petals outside, those pulled from roses of far off lands, that is the blood of those we have lost and those whom we cannot forget, but everything ages, and memories are only that, memories, whom will sooner or later fade away, sink, and vanish.

Today is now, it is not yesterday, and with what has happened, with the losses we have all suffered, this mayhem, this chaos can not go on." Aiko took a step forward, her haori gently rocking from the motion. "People of the Rokun have been crying out to us, and are probably doing so still, to save them, to bring them something new, without someone to lead, we cannot do that. We are all the descendants of three of the Great Four Houses, now, all that is left, are us, there is no Daikano, there are no four houses any more, but three of us are left. And here, within this chamber, there exists no house, there exists no Seireitei or Rokungai, only humans, only lives, all of whom must be treasured, respected... and none of whom deserves to live in chaos."

Aiko paused, she could hear them, all of them, holding their breath, waiting for what was to happen next, "The former Central 46 would not listen, they were caught in their old ways, their deaths were horrible, but they were needed. Central 46, this, ruling body, has to be young, at least for now, we have to listen, and we cannot dissolve into political bickering." Her voice was no longer calm, instead, somewhere deep within it, it seethed of repressed anger, Aiko was serious, sincere, and there was something more to her than the kind, lovingly, motherly character she always displayed.

"The letters delivered to the heads of your houses, the messages, the plan, they were different for each, but one thing was made clear. The Central 46 needed to change, even if it was by force. This change, is what I now present to you." Aiko reached arround her neck, opening a lock to a thinn, silver chain, slowly removing a delicate necklace from herself.

She held the necklace in front of her, its locket shaped in the form of a resting crane, the sign of the Honoka, "My family crest, that of the Honoka. I do not abstain from it, I do not cast it away, but within this chamber, it holds no place." She lowered her hand, letting the chain slowly come to rest within the circlet in front of her, the silver glinting amidst the red cloth it rested on. "There are forty five of you here, fifteen representatives from each house, forty five individuals, forty five humans, chosen for your connections to the commoners, your politics, and your different views."

Aiko paused, she trembled a little, nobody saw, it was minimal, but she herself knew, this decision, what she was about to ask them... it was a hard one, one that had not been done before... "I, Aiko, Captain of the Ninth Division, Senior amongst captains and long time protector of everything Soul Society stands for. I have seen loss, I have lived through it myself, and I have lived only to serve. I ask to take the seat of the First within this new Central 46, however, this First is different than the former, I hope you understand that. In front of you, there is an envelope, open it, and read."

The hall gasped for breath at her statement, and then, the chamber was filled with the sound of paper being torn as envelopes were opened, murmurs spread throughout the air, whispered discussions started and were later silenced. The six judges each stood up, "Aiko of the Ninth," one spoke, "You do realise that this," another continued, "Would give you political control," "In a lot of matters.".

"Yes, Judges of the Central, I am well aware, however, I use power sparingly, and I can attest to this... that if we dissolve into political bickering, if we fail to command, if we fail to give orders, are we not the same as those who were before us? Are we not susceptible to corruption? And you will also notice, that I can never go against two thirds of the assembled members." Aiko lowered her head, "Judges, I urge a vote for this."

"Very well, Aiko of the Ninth, we shall vote." the fifth of the judges said, writing something down on a paper in front of him, "Those in favour of the proposition, those who want to place the seat of 'One' upon Aiko of the Ninth, pass your votes." Slowly, one by one, the members walked forward, placing a folded piece of paper in an urn, a simple "yes" or "No" written upon it in the most beautiful caligraphy imaginable.

It took a while, outside of the hall, far away, Shirubaru absorbed the Sokyoko in a blaze of glory, the shockwaves caused even the guards to crouch down, their hands for their eyes and on their zanpakuto, however, inside of the chamber, all was quiet.

Forty Five men, Forty Five votes.... none were against it.

Still shivering, if ever so slightly, Aiko's frail hands slowly grasped the cold metal of the circlet in front of her, raising it as the chamber drew for breath, she held it in front of her. "This chaos, this madness and this unending death... has to end." she said, placing the crown on her head, the edge was coarse, the metal chilled, and it brushed against her hair as she placed it, and the whole time, her eyes were closed.

Opening them, and raising her head, the text on it, that simple line, reading "one" glowed with a cold blue glow, if only for a second, "In times of war, people must know, that they have a leader."

Aiko moved slowly, picking up two small arrowheads from underneath her haori, holding them out in front of her, and letting them go. The black, metallic pointers fell a few inches before the stopped, hanging in the air, and then, they went to work. Quickly, almost hurridly, the moved, inscribing a chain of signs on Aiko's arms as she started to speak an incantation.

"Black and white net. Twenty-two bridges, sixty-six crowns and belts. Footprints, distant thunder, sharp peak, engulfing land, hidden in the night, sea of clouds, blue line. Form a circle and fly though the heavens. Bakudo no 77, Tenteikura." the air in front of Aiko seemed to bloom with blue, stretching across the chamber, reaching its ceiling and its walls, the light cast blazing in the silence.

"This is Honoka Aiko, Captain of the Ninth, after reinstating the Central 46, I have now been elected as the First Number amongst their ranks.

People of the Gotei, People of the Seireitei, the Rokungai... no... every member of Soul Society, I pray that this will be the start of something new."

Anyr
2009-08-05, 03:34 PM
Siegfried, having delivered attacks like this throughout his career, calmly parries the counter with Ingakumo, spinning too far away to deliver the kick, but landing on the ground unhurt, and catching the blade in his sword breaker's teeth. The smile is gone now, perhaps having served its purpose.

He proceeds to either lock Kiljaeran's sword arm, or force his blade from his hands, with a twist of his dirk. In the former case, he then tries to strike at the side of the sword arm's elbow with his off hand, a blow that could shatter the fragile bones therein.

"If you refer to me by my rank, at least have the decency to stay updated, Kiljaeran-taicho. I achieved the rank of Captain before saving Masato. You would be wise to remember it."

Kiljaeran frowned as his sword was caught by the opposing weapon, but he exerted enough force to avoid being disarmed. He twisted his arm and body to dodge the off-hand attack and his frown abruptly turned into a smile.

"Oh, my deepest apologies, captain. Still, forgetting someone's rank is far better than forgetting the abilities of their sword. Cry havoc, Sensouken!"

The blade in his hand grew notches along its surface and started to vibrate with a terrible intensity. Its locked position now became an advantage as waves of disorienting sound echoed through the sword breaker and into its owner. Depending on Siegfried's mental strength it could feel like anything from a disorienting distraction to the blow of a jackhammer to his brain. Whatever the case, the effect would rapidly get worse for as long as it remained in contact. Kiljaeran focused on keeping his sword entangled for as long as possible.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 03:35 PM
AS the rain of glass is blocked and the shield discarded, Kusato continues to surf along behind the rain of glass, leaping off at the last minute and letting the wave of glinting glass wash towards Vince (EDIT: and Kinkuzo).

Meanwhile, three "broken glass golems" - 8-foot man-shaped creatures made entirely of absurdly sharp shards - rear up all around Kinkuzo and attempt to subdue him and drag him away from Vince (rather than kill him).

And an enormous hand made entirely of broken glass will arc up behind Vince, and attempt to close around him in a fist. The wave from the front = mere distraction.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 03:43 PM
Kinkuzo's mask compensates as the energy around him glows, darkening and lightening as it brightens and fades. Meanwhile, he reacts to the golems surrounding him by tossing out three oddly-shaped balls, and charging.

His crackling mace sweeps toward one, melting and shattering nearby glass.
One of his metal legs is brought down in a crashing kick on another.
The three charges detonate simultaneously around the third.

If all three are destroyed, however temporarily, Kinkuzo will charge at an angle toward Kusato, trying to both engage him and draw him away from the Captain.

OOC: I'm treating these golems as part of your character, so you decide what the reasonable effects would be.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 03:48 PM
All three golems explode into broken glass, which hovers spinning in the air as Kinkuzo charges towards Kusato, before zooming towards his back like three swarms of deadly wasps.

Meanwhile, Kusato cheerfully shunpo's directly in front of Kinkuzo and attempts to knee him in the groin.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 03:57 PM
OOC: I thought shunpo couldn't be used inside the glass area? Ah, well, it's all good.

IC: Kinkuzo happily takes the knee to the groin, and grins behind his welding mask as Kusato hops back, cursing and rubbing his knee in surprise.

"They don't call me 'The Engineer-Lieutenant' for nothing. Mind you, they don't call me 'That Freaky Robot Guy' for nothing, either. Because an advantage of having metal parts? Beyond the obvious appeal to girls?" Sarcasm, how Kinkuzo loves thee. "They don't get cut, and they don't-" Kinkuzo jumps over the metal shards as whizz past him toward their master, a few impacting on his legs or tearing his clothes. "-get tired."

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 03:58 PM
OOC: I thought shunpo couldn't be used inside the glass area? Ah, well, it's all good.

((It can't. Unless your the twins.))

Revlid
2009-08-05, 03:59 PM
OOC: Ah, right.

horngeek
2009-08-05, 04:00 PM
Daisuke looks around. If I thought it would do any good, I'd tell everyone to stop.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 04:02 PM
OOC: I thought shunpo couldn't be used inside the glass area? Ah, well, it's all good.

IC: Kinkuzo happily takes the knee to the groin, and grins behind his welding mask as Kusato hops back, cursing and rubbing his knee in surprise.

"They don't call me 'The Engineer-Lieutenant' for nothing. Mind you, they don't call me 'That Freaky Robot Guy' for nothing, either. Because an advantage of having metal parts? Beyond the obvious appeal to girls?" Sarcasm, how Kinkuzo loves thee. "They don't get cut, and they don't-" Kinkuzo jumps over the metal shards as whizz past him toward their master, a few impacting on his legs or tearing his clothes. "-get tired."

"You wanted to get us apart. Here I am"

A series of swordswings flash through the air, even if Kinkuzo tries to step out of the range, he will find the blade thrown at him.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:04 PM
OOC: I thought shunpo couldn't be used inside the glass area? Ah, well, it's all good.

IC: Kinkuzo happily takes the knee to the groin, and grins behind his welding mask as Kusato hops back, cursing and rubbing his knee in surprise.

"They don't call me 'The Engineer-Lieutenant' for nothing. Mind you, they don't call me 'That Freaky Robot Guy' for nothing, either. Because an advantage of having metal parts? Beyond the obvious appeal to girls?" Sarcasm, how Kinkuzo loves thee. "They don't get cut, and they don't-" Kinkuzo jumps over the metal shards as whizz past him toward their master, a few impacting on his legs or tearing his clothes. "-get tired."

The glass shards stop inches from Kusato's body and drop to the ground. He's still rubbing his knee and grimacing.

You have a metal crotch? Oh, you poor man. Does it not even have a vibration button or something? If you knocked something like that together, you could definitely attract the ladies, if you know what I mean. I have to say, the whole metal down there thing is good in a fight, but not worth it, man. Not worth it.

The entire time Kusato rattles on, an enormous pillar made of broken glass is rising up behind Kinkuzo, with an open "doorway" directly behind Kinkuzo to turn the column into a broken-glass-prison. And when Kusato finishes his meaningless babble, the glass beneath Kinkuzo's metal feet will abruptly shift backwards like a conveyor belt, while the column rumbles forward, both together trying to trap Kinkuzo.

EDIT: Vasae's attacks probably leave even less room to dodge.

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 04:07 PM
Viatrix

Viatrix slips through the battlefield stealthily, occasionally teleporting... whatever mooks that are fighting the 11th squad off into the labyrinth far below at random spots. Her floating aimlessly around the Seireitei wasn't for nothing, folks!

Fan
2009-08-05, 04:10 PM
Eyes widening at the display from the brothers, Kinkuzo squats, before momentarily vanishing from view. He reappears in front of Vince, partially sheltered by his iron shield, mace raised as though to block the raining glass. What he's just done is clearly not shunpo, but also clearly not without cost, as parts of his legs are glowing cherry-red with heat.

"Funkenstock! Tesla Cage!"

Lightning sparks out from the head of Kinkuzo's mace, forming a net, or one side of a cage, that somehow deflects or melts most of the nearby falling glass that would have otherwise hit him. The directed stuff could well be another matter.

"Captain." Kinkuzo addresses Vince. "Their strength is in their link - if one falls, they both will. I'll be happy to stall Kusato, if you'll take out..." he wracks his brain. "...the other one."

OOC: Can someone point me to Vince's character profile? I can't find it anywhere?
Oh, and Kinkuzo's 12th Division, not Kido Corps - they're the morally ambiguous mad scientist types, not the barely-ever-seen Gandalf types. :smalltongue:

"Sounds like a plan, I'm going to have to drop the magnetism field if I want to engage the other one, so stand back."

The electrical energy will subside now, the smell of burnt oxygen fading quickly as the Electrical Energy was absorbed back into Vince's body, his spiritual pressure returning to it's normal full levels, before flaring a bright Cerulean around him, forming into a spiraling tornado, before burning a bright, fiery red, and exploding with the force of two tons of TNT, leaving a crater where Vince had once stood a single yell punctuating the noise.
[I]"ERUPT! SONO GRIKETSU MYU-JYISHAN!"

As the dust settled in a swirling cloud around him it revealed a volcanic rock version of this, minus the gun (http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/274/943338_20081001_screen001.jpg), a bladed axe guitar in his hands, as two speakers blared on his back, playing this at maximum volume. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEr3AGcKwz4) (No lyrics.), a crack as he moved at the literal speed of sound. This was obviously not shunpo, or sonido. This was just sheer physical movement.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 04:13 PM
OOC: Just to make sure - are both brothers fighting Kinkuzo right now? Or was Vasae's attack aimed at the Captain-class opponent, rather than the Vice-Captain currently in the process of being trapped by his brother?

"Metal-covered crotch, you cretin. The harness and nerve-connectors for my legs aren't exactly-" Kinkuzo stops, realising that he probably lost the glass-wielding VC around the word "harness". "Besides, I don't see you getting all that much action." He grins, and it's clearly visible, even behind his mask. "I can only assume those rumours about you and your brother were true. You're even more degenerate than I thought..." He shakes his head in mock exasperation.

As he speaks, a little over half-a-dozen small metal spheres drop out of a pouch on his back and silently roll seemingly of their own volition, a little distance away. They're not exactly noticeable, and hopefully Kusato's reaction to that comment will distract him further.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 04:13 PM
(There were sword attacks going for him, so yes. They were. Vasae is now defending against Vince)

The energy beams arcing through the field hadn't just disappeared, more striking Vince as he dashed forward, a leg suddenly slamming into his face mask as Vasae turned to defend himself.

"No. Your not strong enough."

Sucrose
2009-08-05, 04:17 PM
Kiljaeran frowned as his sword was caught by the opposing weapon, but he exerted enough force to avoid being disarmed. He twisted his arm and body to dodge the off-hand attack and his frown abruptly turned into a smile.

"Oh, my deepest apologies, captain. Still, forgetting someone's rank is far better than forgetting the abilities of their sword. Cry havoc, Sensouken!"

The blade in his hand grew notches along its surface and started to vibrate with a terrible intensity. Its locked position now became an advantage as waves of disorienting sound echoed through the sword breaker and into its owner. Depending on Siegfried's mental strength it could feel like anything from a disorienting distraction to the blow of a jackhammer to his brain. Whatever the case, the effect would rapidly get worse for as long as it remained in contact. Kiljaeran focused on keeping his sword entangled for as long as possible.

Siegfried roars with pain, his mind feeling like it's being pounded on directly with a mallet. Even removing his sword breaker from Sensouken, normally the simplest of tasks, takes multiple seconds. By the time that he's free, a bit of blood has begun to run out of his nose. He flash steps back, about thirty feet away. His off hand massages his temples, while his blade arm remains interposed between him and his opponent.

"I...I didn't forget, Kiljaeran-sama. I merely hoped you wouldn't escalate. Fight your best, now. Otherwise... I may kill you. Weave, Ingakumo."

Spider silk quickly wraps itself around Siegfried's arm and hand. A white whip forms at the end of Ingakumo. Siegfried feints a rapid, vertical strike, then, when Kiljaeran moves to block, flash steps to flank Kiljaeran from range, lashing out with an extremely fast, broad slash from about twenty feet away.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:23 PM
OOC: Just to make sure - are both brothers fighting Kinkuzo right now? Or was Vasae's attack aimed at the Captain-class opponent, rather than the Vice-Captain currently in the process of being trapped by his brother?

"Metal-covered crotch, you cretin. The harness and nerve-connectors for my legs aren't exactly-" Kinkuzo stops, realising that he probably lost the glass-wielding VC around the word "harness". "Besides, I don't see you getting all that much action." He grins, and it's clearly visible, even behind his mask. "I can only assume those rumours about you and your brother were true. You're even more degenerate than I thought..." He shakes his head in mock exasperation.

As he speaks, a little over half-a-dozen small metal spheres drop out of a pouch on his back and silently roll seemingly of their own volition, a little distance away. They're not exactly noticeable, and hopefully Kusato's reaction to that comment will distract him further.

Yup, they're totally true, says Kusato with a grin. I'm not ashamed! In fact, I was about to offer you a threesome. You interested?

No, this isn't true, he is merely trying to freak Kinkuzo out. He doesn't notice the little metal balls, which is a good thing, since doubtless Kusato would have made a reference to balls dropping.

The column should be glomping around Kinkuzo pretty much now, anyway.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 04:30 PM
Kinkuzo snorts behind his mask as Kusato speaks. It seems their senses of humour intersect.

"I'll have to turn you down on that one. I doubt either of you could-"

Whatever he was going to say to say is cut off by the column of glass closing around him.

The spheres vibrate imperceptibly for a second, like a phone on silent.

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 04:32 PM
Viatrix

Vi, however, does notice the metal balls Kinkuzo dropped, and noting him fighting Kusato, decides not to take chances and teleports them out of the range of the battle. A void butterfly floats in.

"Watch yourself~<3 Go, go, Kusato-kun!"

Fan
2009-08-05, 04:33 PM
(There were sword attacks going for him, so yes. They were. Vasae is now defending against Vince)

The energy beams arcing through the field hadn't just disappeared, more striking Vince as he dashed forward, a leg suddenly slamming into his face mask as Vasae turned to defend himself.

"No. Your not strong enough."

"Not Strong Enough? I'll make you eat those words. I'll make you see why I am the Captain of the 10th Divison of the Gotei 13."


As the kick went to impact, Vince continued to move at the speed of sound, his hand raising to catch the leg, which seemed to be almost moving in slow motion to him, even with shunpo, and he moves to sling the Twin away from him, as he chants, pointing toward him with the other hand even as he grasps the other one as he says.

""Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens. Soren Saktuski."

Then twin lances of energy kido built up inb his hands, and unleashed themselves in a horrible conflagartion that cut wicked streak on it's way to Vassae.

(His entire being moves at the speed of sound. not just his legs. =p )

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 04:35 PM
Vasae skids across the glass, somehow not being cut, the glass leaping around him like a shield as the fire blasts strike. The shield shatters. And Vasae seems to be gone.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:38 PM
Kusato bats away the Void Butterfly.

Not now, Vi, he says, not realising the fact that Vi most likely just saved his scrawny arse.

The column around Kinkuzo begins to spin.

I like you, Kinky, says Kusato. You just chose to fight the wrong person, is all.

And suddenly the broken glass merges together, to form perfectly smooth, perfectly flat glass formed in a column, with Kinkuzo in the centre.

There. I could've had the glass shoot inwards and mess you up in all sorts of ways. But you can stay there till we sort all this out, yeah? Don't try to break the glass. It's very strong and if you manage... let's just say it'll all fall with the sharp bit pointing downwards, and leave it at that, eh?

Revlid
2009-08-05, 04:39 PM
Inside his glass prison, a blinking red symbol on the inside of Kinkuzo's mask alerts him to the fact that the spheres have been activated by an outside party. He grins. Just as planned.

Reacting to the reiatsu used to teleport them, the spheres unfold with a hiss, becoming segmented shells that reveal a mechanical brass-and-bone toad in each one. Every toad has its mouth opened exaggeratedly, revealing a curious speaker in each one.

From within his glass prison, Kinkuzo speaks, while the toads leap toward the appropriate range - happily, not that far from where they had been deposited. Kinkuzo didn't want those things too close.

“When I was young, I wanted to go to a circus in Rukongai – I’m sure you know of it. The freaks, the sights, the snacks... Ah, but the thing I really wanted to see was a man said to be able to crack glass with the sound of his voice. It sounded impossible to me, and above all else, I admire impossible things. It’s why I joined 12th Division.

Of course, now I know that it isn’t impossible at all.”

“Because glass, however reinforced, is an inherently brittle substance.
You see, it has very few mechanisms with which to absorb energy, which means that any excess is directed into increasing the length of any cracks, making the shattering of the glass even quicker, and more thorough. Hell, glass is practically made to be broken.

I never actually got to see glass being broken by that singer. Let’s see if I can’t top him, though.”

The toad-speakers blare. The resulting “croak” passes through “too low to hear” and reaches “too high to hear” in less than a second, at a volume that would break any speaker system. Some distance away, bats fall from the sky and dogs collapse, howling.

The glass shatters. And shatters. And shatters. By the time it hits the ground it is essentially powdered. Kinkuzo charges through it at a speed equivalent to shunpo, his legs whistling cherry-red with heat, mostly protected by his airtight mask and heavy work-robes. He swings his mace with a crackle of green lightning.

“12th Division, bitch. We Are Prepared.”

Fan
2009-08-05, 04:39 PM
Vince, bewildered by this, brings up his zanpaktou in a defensive stance, his armor would cushion any but the deadliest of blows, but he couldn't risk that against a Captain level being that is the twins.

He even begins a chant to be sure.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 04:41 PM
Inside the relative darkness of his glass prison, a blinking red symbol on the inside of Kinkuzo's mask alerts him to the fact that the spheres have been activated by an outside party. He grins. Just as planned.

Reacting to the reiatsu used to teleport them, the spheres unfold with a hiss, becoming segmented shells that reveal a mechanical brass-and-bone toad in each one. Every toad has its mouth opened exaggeratedly, revealing a curious speaker in each one.

From within his glass prison, Kinkuzo speaks, while the toads leap toward the appropriate range - happily, not that far from where they had been deposited. Kinkuzo didn't want those things too close.

“When I was young, I wanted to go to a circus in Rukongai – I’m sure you know of it. The freaks, the sights, the snacks... Ah, but the thing I really wanted to see was a man said to be able to crack glass with the sound of his voice. It sounded impossible to me, and above all else, I admire impossible things. It’s why I joined 12th Division.

Of course, now I know that it isn’t impossible at all.”

His speech is now interspersed with occasional grunts or yelps as parts of the glass close in on him.

“Because glass, however reinforced, is an inherently brittle substance.
You see, it has very few mechanisms with which to absorb energy, which means that any excess is, ugh, directed into increasing the length of any cracks, ah-ah, making the shattering of the glass even quicker, and more thorough. Gah. Hell, glass is practically made to be broken.

I never actually got to see glass being broken by that singer. Let’s see if I can’t top him, though.”

The toad-speakers blare. The resulting “croak” passes through “too low to hear” and reaches “too high to hear” in less than a second, at a volume that would break any speaker system. Some distance away, bats fall from the sky and dogs collapse, howling.

The glass shatters. And shatters. And shatters. By the time it hits the ground it is essentially powdered. Kinkuzo charges through it, mostly protected by his airtight mask and heavy work-robes, swinging his mace with a crackle of green lightning.

“12th Division, bitch. We Are Prepared.”

An arm and sword burst out of the ground in front of the charging man. The tip glows. There isn't time to dodge, the rest of the ground exploding behind him with more beams of energy. The blade cuts deep into the man's arm, and then, the blast goes off

"No."

Anyr
2009-08-05, 04:42 PM
Siegfried roars with pain, his mind feeling like it's being pounded on directly with a mallet. Even removing his sword breaker from Sensouken, normally the simplest of tasks, takes multiple seconds. By the time that he's free, a bit of blood has begun to run out of his nose. He flash steps back, about thirty feet away. His off hand massages his temples, while his blade arm remains interposed between him and his opponent.

"I...I didn't forget, Kiljaeran-sama. I merely hoped you wouldn't escalate. Fight your best, now. Otherwise... I may kill you. Weave, Ingakumo."

Spider silk quickly wraps itself around Siegfried's arm and hand. A white whip forms at the end of Ingakumo. Siegfried feints a rapid, vertical strike, then, when Kiljaeran moves to block, flash steps to flank Kiljaeran from range, lashing out with an extremely fast, broad slash from about twenty feet away.

The laughter that issued from Kiljaeran's mouth as he heard his opponent's words was rich and full. He obviously had a low opinion of his skill. He brought Sensouken up to block the obvious slash and moved to counter...

..and realised that the target was gone. Siegfried's sudden disappearance caught Kiljaeran completely off-guard. He had barely begun to turn when the whip's edge sliced across his back. Wincing in obvious pain, he finished the spin and stared at Siegfried in surprise.

"Being able to deliver that kind of attack with Sensouken's howling still in your ears...I underestimated you. But to see my best you're going to have to push a lot harder than that!"

He swung his sword in a vertical arc and sent a screaming wave of sound towards Siegfried. He seemed far more focused now. Siegfried had now earned his full and undivided attention.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 04:46 PM
“12th Division, bitch. We Are Prepared.”

Brothers Grim, bitch.

The power swirls up into the air, forming an effective smokescreen around them all.

We just charge in blindly and on a whim.

Shzink

And then suddenly, the very air is thickly packed with razor-sharp broken glass as the powder melds together back into its original form.

It seems to work.

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 04:48 PM
Viatrix

Viatrix's eyes widen as she dissapears into a vaguely-blue outlined portal that flashes for a second then disappears. Scouting out the frog speakers she deposited across the Seireitei, she begins throwing them off into the Mortal World as quick as she can. Though it might still take a bit in relation to the fight, combined with her slight slowness from not being by her sister, and just how spread out the toad speakers are. Idly, she sends a bunch of Void Butterflies to pester Kinkuzo with insults and jeers.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 04:49 PM
Kinkuzo screams as the blast tears apart his arm, while a return swing at Vasae clocks him on the side of the head, lightning crackling down his skull. "Yes!"

He backs off, the bleeding from his arm stemming unnaturally quickly. If Vasae can notice through the incredibly pain he is no doubt in, Kinkuzo's "blood" hasn't been blown off his blade by the blast, but is rather clinging to it with unnatural viscousity.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 04:51 PM
Vasae pulls himself from the ground, rubbing his head

"How long can you live. Your arm is done. The air is a hazard. Your friend can't run around anymore at his speeds, or he'll get cut...and we've got back up. Give up."

This is all said as he steps next to Kusato, smiling

Revlid
2009-08-05, 04:53 PM
Kinkuzo pants, casually incinerating the irritating Void Butterflies with a wrist-mounted flame-thrower. The pain from his arm decreases, courtesy of auto-injectors loaded with anesthesia, and he derives some slight satisfaction from seeing his "blood" on Vasae's blade. That could come in useful.

"Fine. FINE. You two... idiots! Have done enough. I've tried to play nice - I've joked, I've laughed, I've tried to settle this non-lethally - and you cut my arm off.

BAN KAI."

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/203/d/c/BANKAI__Denkogama_Funkenstock_by_Revlid.jpg

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 05:02 PM
Vasae only smiles, another series of blasts firing off his blade, the metal itself glowing red hot.

"Question. Why are you fighting against us? Is it because you think we're helping the man being executed?"

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 05:10 PM
Kusato gazes up at the... thing. Cute. He fiddles with his glasses, the lenses of which had dissolved into powder as well. In all honesty, Kinkuzo's Bankai was too blurry for him to accurately assess it.

Actually, he says, I was very nice to you. You could've stayed in my little glass pillar and sat back, maybe had a few beers, I could've provided them. We could've had a bit of a joke and a laugh. That would've been easy for the both of us. But you were having none of it. And we're not idiots. If idiots managed to cut your arm off, what does that say about you?

Revlid
2009-08-05, 05:10 PM
Vasae only smiles, another series of blasts firing off his blade, the metal itself glowing red hot.

"Question. Why are you fighting against us? Is it because you think we're helping the man being executed?"

The tongues of Denkogama Funkenstock swat the blasts out of the air like flies - an apt simile, given its form. Clouds begin to gather in the sky.

"Before? I was fighting you because you were fighting a Captain, and because you kind of annoy me. You, that is, your brother's not so bad."

The mask tilts slightly, light gleaming off it. The sky above is now thick with black stormclouds.

"Now? Now I'm fighting you BECAUSE YOU CUT MY ARM OFF, YOU STUPID PUNK *******!"

Denkogama's five tongues twist together temporarily into a woven bundle before unravelling. The resultant emerald lightning strike is impossibly thick and hot, and hits Vasae dead on as a series of other bolts strike the ground around the four combatants. Kusato is largely ignored, beyond collateral damage.

OOC: Night Surgeon? A little help here? They seem to be ignoring an opponent who can theoretically match both of them, which doesn't seem right.

Fan
2009-08-05, 05:12 PM
Vince chuckles, it seems he wasn't the only vice Captain to have learned bankai after all. He raises his blade again, the armor protecting him from the glass effect for the most part, as he thought... He noticed that it was the brother with the glass blade that seemed to be doing them most actual damage, as he continued to move at the speed of sound, sweat pooled in every possible place,
vince however, was far from done, and he moved again with another crack, appearing directly over the two, fingers extending as he chanted in rapid speed.

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south!"

A massive red fire ball being unleashed at point blank range on the two, red energy flooding the entire area.

Then in rapid succesion he chanted again.

"Vanish. Kykakko."

and with that HE vanished, light itself preventing him from being seen.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 05:20 PM
{{Um... NS? There's a lot of very sharp glass hovering around in the air at the moment, so Vince's movement will be restricted as he'll have to force it out of the way. So I'll respond to your post and the outcome will be the same, but an Edit to say Vince isn't going quite that fast would be appreciated. :smallbiggrin:}}

A shield made of broken glass rapidly forms to stop the fireball, but the pressure of it and the heat leaking through still pushes Kusato to one knee, singes his eyebrows away, and covers him in minor blisters.

A shield will also curve up to shield Vasae from the bulk of the lightning.

Revlid
2009-08-05, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately for Vasae, chunks of broken glass aren't the best insulator against heat or electricity. Or against anything else, really. All the glass shield manages to do is partially disperse the main bolt before melting.Vasa

As a result, now Vasae's being hit not only by crackling green lightning, but also by falling molten glass.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 05:24 PM
Vasae sighs as he bats the blasts away, his blade glowing brighter and brighter, his flesh on his arms burn, stray strikes of lightning hitting him in the chest, scorching through his clothing, iliciting screams of pain, though a grin seeps through. To say Vasae looks bad...is an understatement

"My sword charges"

Vasae then shunpo's behind the attacking man, the shield still hovering behind him

"You attacked my brother fist. Idiot."

The shield suddenly grows bright, channeling the charged beam slash at the Vice Captain

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately for Vasae, chunks of broken glass aren't the best insulator against heat or electricity. Or against anything else, really. All the glass shield manages to do is partially disperse the main bolt before melting.Vasa

As a result, now Vasae's being hit not only by crackling green lightning, but also by falling molten glass.

Which seems to splash everywhere but Vasae. Almost as though it were being controlled by some mysterious external force. Ahem. :smalltongue:

The lightning still gets through though.

Fan
2009-08-05, 05:31 PM
(Vince still moves at the speed of sound, and glass is hardly a deterent when one can bend steel, and has armor that can take multiple point blank cero.)

Vince's scar curls up as he gives a wicked grin of his own, raising the blade again, as his invisibility bends the light around him, and he rushes in for a Speed of Sound attack, blade lashing out with a sonic boom behind each slash, as he pushed against Vassae from behind.

"One thing you need to learn buddy, even though you have your brother backing you up, you can't hit what you can't see. and people don't just dispear, so watch your back rookie."

Revlid
2009-08-05, 05:33 PM
"My sword charges"

Vasae then shunpo's behind the attacking man, the shield still hovering behind him

"You attacked my brother fist. Idiot."

The shield suddenly grows bright, channeling the charged beam slash at the Vice Captain
Snarling slightly from pain, Kinkuzo gestures from his perch atop Denkogama Funkenstock, and two of its tongues move to block the blast. They succeed, but both have their tops blown off. For now, they can't channel lightning. What they can do (and they do it) is streak toward the midair-Vasae, one wrapping around his chest and the other around his arm.

"A... tactical decision... I assure you. If I'd known.... how annoying you are... I would have gone for you first." He pants. He's lost his arm, and Vasae is zapped to the point of being medium-well-done. Neither looks like they'll last much longer.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 05:34 PM
((Vasae. Its Vasae NS))

Vasae takes the strikes, his back exploding into blood as he falls to the ground, propped up by his sword

"Nii....san...."

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 05:35 PM
Viatrix

Still watching the fight from an idle screen projected by Eingang, Viatrix's eyes widen further. She abandons her mission of throwing the toad speakers into the Mortal World, popping back to the battle, and pulling Kusato and Vasae into her pocket dimension. Then, directing some of Denkogama Funkenstock's lightning at Kinkuzo through dimensional rifts before escaping herself.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 05:36 PM
Vasae lays on the ground, bleeding and burned badly within the pocket space

"Nii-san...are you...ok?"

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 05:39 PM
(Vince still moves at the speed of sound, and glass is hardly a deterent when one can bend steel, and has armor that can take multiple point blank cero.)

Vince's scar curls up as he gives a wicked grin of his own, raising the blade again, as his invisibility bends the light around him, and he rushes in for a Speed of Sound attack, blade lashing out with a sonic boom behind each slash, as he pushed against Vassae from behind.

"One thing you need to learn buddy, even though you have your brother backing you up, you can't hit what you can't see. and people don't just dispear, so watch your back rookie."

{{Ahhh, fair enough. And just before Vi comes to the rescue...}}

One thing you need to learn, "Captain," says Kusato. Invisibility doesn't work that well when you boast about it. Loudly.

And all the broken glass in the entire area crashes down into Vince, a huge ball of scraping, screeching, razor-sharp-beyond-the-point-of-sanity glass with the Captain at the centre. The glass packs tighter and tighter...

And the Kusato is gone. And so is the glass.

He tries to shake his brother awake. Speak to me, Vas.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 05:40 PM
Vasae grabs his brother by the hand, wincing

"Stop shaking me...ass..."

Fan
2009-08-05, 05:44 PM
As the glass in the area that was once in a cloud, zooms in to impale him, his armor prevents any seriously lethal wounds, but a ear shattering scream erupts from Vince as this is like being stuck in a blender, where you can't die, and is prechance more painful then being cut with razor blades, and having lemon juice put into the wounds.

"ARRGGGGGAAAGGGGH!"

Draken
2009-08-05, 05:44 PM
Red Oni extends a hand to Blue Oni.

"The brothers grime turned tail. Pay off."

"F*** it."

Revlid
2009-08-05, 05:48 PM
Kinkuzo snarls in outrage as the brothers vanish, before collapsing inside Denkogama's mouth. For its part, his Bankai crouches to deposit him on the ground before disappearing, crumbling away into his sealed zanpaktou.

"You- Get back here! You-"

The shock of limb-loss kicks in alongside auto-injecting local anesthetic, and Kinkuzo begins to slide into unconsciousness.

His last acts before doing so are to set off all his remaining traps, causing huge portions of the Execution Grounds to erupt into fire and death, and to record a last note on his mask's dictaphone.

"Note... to self: Capture... Bount girl - Vi? For study. Painful, painful study."

((Aaaand Kinkuzo's out, minus an arm and any positive relations that might have been had with Vasae, at least. Still, the twins appear to be gone, too, and Vince is free to return to the main fight... Wherever that is.

Oh, and most of the execution ground bar the actual Sokyoku stand is now covered in fiery death and spiritual bear-traps. So, enjoy!))

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 06:01 PM
Viatrix

Vi floats over to Kusato with bandages cradled in Eingang's tail. She's silent, for now.

bladedSmoke
2009-08-05, 06:04 PM
Stop whining, Kusato says to Vasae, then looks up as Vi approaches.

Kusato smiles to Vi. Thanks, we'd be dead without you. I gotta hope those ryoka win now though.

He begins to bandage his brother.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-05, 06:06 PM
"Can you, tie it into a bow? A nice...pretty one? Please?"

Vasae tries to raise a hand, it falls limpy to his side with a small whine

"Ow....Nii-san, I feel like i'm on fire. Can you get a pretty girl to sing to me?"

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 06:45 PM
The Commander-General would hear a brief whisper in his ear.

"I'm sorry sir. I must do the right thing, not the easy thing."

Satoshi is nowhere to be seen.

The injured 11th members are suddenly appearing over to one side, safe from immediate harm. Those first moved might have heard the words "Terrify the wicked people, Kurai Kishi!" for a moment. Then, in less than a minute, they were safe.

And the thunder rolled...

Suddenly, Captain Tsukami Satoshi is standing opposite Vince. Clad in his shikai's armor, scarf flapping in the wind.

"Captain Vince. Stand down."

Meanwhile, 2nd Division troops are flitting about, disabling other unseated, and moving them to areas divided by division, and sometimes divided by the group they're fighting for.

"Stand down, and you won't be hurt any more than you are. This is your only chance."

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 07:01 PM
Carmen who was still fighting with the eleventh division, watched the other fights.
Satoshi cathches her eye, he was helping them.
Sort of.
Well, that was her guess, he entered the fray as soon as her division's wounded were being transported to safety.
Thank you captain!
She called, standing strong at the head of the remaining 11th division.

Fan
2009-08-05, 07:20 PM
Vince, stares harshly at Satoshi as he says, a tone of vindication in his voice as he says.

"You know. I never did like you. Always so pompus, and in everyone's business. I'm here to do my job, and make a guilty man pay for the thousand plus people he slaughtered. Half Hollow or not. Girkio, or anything. It was his blade that cut them down. Broke families, and butchered children. Friend or not he commitied those crimes, and has to serve his sentence."

He brings his blade up defensively, the heat had cauterized the wounds when they had occured, but it was obvious that he was injured, but he was never one to back down, even if it meant he might die.

"I'm not the only one, and my own Vice captain should be arriving here soon in addition to my unseated."

Then as if on cue some of the lower seated members shunpo into the area, in addition to a mass of unseated, and Vince smirks a bit looking Satoshi in the eye.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 07:28 PM
Tyler

Tyler rocketed overhead, his mask (first stage) already donned, leaving a trail of firey reiatsu. He tried to snipe at various unseated who seemed to be fighting on the "execute Shirubaru" side.

Luther

Luther stood watching the chaos.

"I don't know about you, Lance, but I'm going to sit back on this one. I haven't been here long enough to get a good feel for the politics here. Besides...I'm not too keen on this whole execution thing."

Satoshi

Satoshi tilted his head to the side a bit. Then he snapped his fingers.

50 men and women clad in dark clothes appeared, Alicia among them (Edit: OOC: Unless you say different, Shades.). All of them silent and ready. All of them highly trained.

"Let's see. Not counting us, it's 50 to (OOC:Unstated number). Second Division! What do you think of those odds?"

As one, they roared back. "Unfair! There should be three times as many of them!"

Satoshi smirked.

"You know your duty. Go."

With that, 2nd Division blurred to the fight.

Turning, Satoshi's eyes narrowed.

"My job isn't to make people like me, Vince. It's to protect Soul Society, and to do the right thing. And right now, I'm doing the right thing. I promise not to kill you."

His hand flashed across his face, his mask forming.

"Let me show you real speed."

And his disappeared. To reappear a moment later at Vince's side, a punch rocketing in at supersonic speeds, enough strength to likely send Vince flying off the side of the cliff a couple hundred feet away.

Shades of Gray
2009-08-05, 07:41 PM
Alicia

Prolato, Eden! Alicia's zanpaktou turns into a long chain, with a bladed moon at the end. "Disintegrate, you black dogs of Rondanini!! Look upon yourselves with horror and then claw out your own throats!" Custom Bakudo #9, Concuto! She swings her chain in a large arc, making whoever gets hit shake uncontrollably and fall to the floor.

Fan
2009-08-05, 07:44 PM
Vince had expected this, and rather then taking a full on impact, he sort of.. Rolls with the blow, chanting at what seemed to be super sonic speeds, but to Satoshi it seemed to not be any kido he recognized.

"Ye Lorde of Demons, Encapsulate the heart, and break the chains of reality. Seven fold pillars of light, bleek demons break through the sky. Hand of iron comes crashing down. Hakudo."

Then, if Satoshi prusues the charge he'll find a manically laughing, and falling Vince

However, Vince's unseated aren't too shabby in number either more of them pouring in from various locattions in the serreitei, and their pretty much equal in combat, and they manage to rouse some of the other fighters who Satoshi had rounded up into battle.

(Sorry, but your above post gave a "My division is better then yours." vibe, and I don't think that can be true at all. their ninjas, The inverse ninja law applies.)

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 07:50 PM
Carmen yells, leading 11th division into combat, trying to help the 2nd division.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 07:51 PM
Vince had expected this, and rather then taking a full on impact, he sort of.. Rolls with the blow, chanting at what seemed to be super sonic speeds, but to Satoshi it seemed to not be any kido he recognized.

"Ye Lorde of Demons, Encapsulate the heart, and break the chains of reality. Seven fold pillars of light, bleek demons break through the sky. Hand of iron comes crashing down. Hakudo."

Then, if Satoshi prusues the charge he'll find a manically laughing, and falling Vince

However, Vince's unseated aren't too shabby in number either more of them pouring in from various locattions in the serreitei, and their pretty much equal in combat, and they manage to rouse some of the other fighters who Satoshi had rounded up into battle.

(Sorry, but your above post gave a "My division is better then yours." vibe, and I don't think that can be true at all. their ninjas, The inverse ninja law applies.)

(OOC:No. Inverse Ninja Law does not apply. These are highly trained individuals. Besides, the odds mean they're fighting 3 to 1. So even if the Inverse Ninja Law did apply, which it doesn't, it'd still be 1 ninja to every 3 others. My division is better than most others; it's smaller and more elite. Remember Yen's Training from Hell way back? That's daily stuff, right there.:smallamused: Also, Satoshi is moving at supersonic speeds; there's no real difference, in my mind, between "moving fast" and "shunpo". It's just how long it's sustained, and Satoshi can definitely sustain it. And how does one chant faster than sound?:smallconfused:)

Satoshi dodge the kido, gave a kick to speed Vince along...

And blurred away. Falling off the side meant he was out of the way. And this was a target rich environment.

Satoshi went to work, disabling various unseated who were on the "pro-execution" side, moving them safely to one side. He left most of the 10th Division members for his people, trusting their skill.

Draken
2009-08-05, 07:53 PM
"I bet on the Ninjas."

"But there are like... 200 of them. Doesn't that mean each of them suck?"

"Inverse ninja law? Bull****. They are outnumbered. So what applies is the law of conservation of competence. The other guys are bound to suck. More than those joes normally suck anyway."

Dorizzit
2009-08-05, 07:55 PM
Damara Shishihara

Damara has been at the execution from the start. As chaos is unleashed and the execution site turns into a battlefield, he stands back from the melee and fights his own internal battle. He watches the various fights, and finds that it is no battle at all for him.

He draws his sword.

"Shiro Hoshi. Cast Away the Darkness."

The blade shines brightly. Trailing light, he shunpos into the main battle, fighting with the badly outnumbered 2nd and 11th divisions.

Fan
2009-08-05, 07:57 PM
(OOC:No. Inverse Ninja Law does not apply. These are highly trained individuals. Besides, the odds mean they're fighting 3 to 1. So even if the Inverse Ninja Law did apply, which it doesn't, it'd still be 1 ninja to every 3 others. My division is better than most others; it's smaller and more elite. Remember Yen's Training from Hell way back? That's daily stuff, right there.:smallamused: Also, Satoshi is moving at supersonic speeds; there's no real difference, in my mind, between "moving fast" and "shunpo". It's just how long it's sustained, and Satoshi can definitely sustain it. And how does one chant faster than sound?:smallconfused:)

Satoshi dodge the kido, gave a kick to speed Vince along...

And blurred away. Falling off the side meant he was out of the way. And this was a target rich environment.

Satoshi went to work, disabling various unseated who were on the "pro-execution" side, moving them safely to one side. He left most of the 10th Division members for his people, trusting their skill.


I didn't even describe the effects, and god modding again Knight, it may be faster then me, but a block can still be discerned from the gust of wind from your movement.:smallsigh:


You also say your division is small, despite the inverse ninja law not applying to weather or not their outnumbered, but to the fact that it is a group of ninjas designed for STEALTH. Not frontal attacks.

Anyways, the Dodge is what this Hakudo (mixed chant Bakudo, and Hado) forms a net right in front of Vince's face as he falls, most likely ensnaring Satoshi kick despite a firm, extended kick connection his Vince's torso doing only minimal damage, as the Rabbit was caught in the snare, and he drew the net of ultra strong fibers in close around his leg garunteedly, and maybe the rest of his body if I catch enough by surprise.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 08:22 PM
Satoshi

Satoshi grunted as his foot was caught.

His arms shot down, stopping any momentum the two of them had.

His left leg was caught, but his right was free. He twisted a bit, and a jackhammer kick met Vince's face.

Shades of Gray
2009-08-05, 08:24 PM
Alicia

Bow down before me, you black dogs of Rodanin. Accept your place at my feet! Custom Bakudo #14, Contineo! She swings Eden again. The effect is similar to Bakudo number one, except the arms are bent behind their head, covering their mouth. Their legs get pushed to their chest as well.

Alexander

Alexander is standing a ways away from the fight. If anyone not in 2nd or 11th gets near him, he unleashes a silent but powerful bakudo on them. He puts on an act of terror at the bloodshed.

Fan
2009-08-05, 08:31 PM
Satoshi

Satoshi grunted as his foot was caught.

His arms shot down, stopping any momentum the two of them had.

His left leg was caught, but his right was free. He twisted a bit, and a jackhammer kick met Vince's face.

The kicks, which apparently didn't carry the force of super speed kicks as otherwise Satoshi's leg would be dust (You got on me for chanting faster then sound.), the kicks dent the face plate, slightly, but he pulls down mightily on the net intent on bashing Satoshi into the wall, he then attempts to close as much as possible, grabbing Satoshi, and pull him close enough for him to smell his breath as he says.

"Nova, Sono Griektsu Myu-Jishan."

If successful enough to even get within 50ft of him, they will both be convered in a fire storm the likes of hell itself has never seen.

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 08:37 PM
Wolfgang

Wolfgang jumps in on the lower-seat pummel.


Luther

Luther stood watching the chaos.

"I don't know about you, Lance, but I'm going to sit back on this one. I haven't been here long enough to get a good feel for the politics here. Besides...I'm not too keen on this whole execution thing."

Lance

"Eh." Lance throws his arms in the air. "Yeah, let 'em kill each other..." Luther might note Lance eying Carmen more than once. Occasionally releasing a sigh.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 08:39 PM
The kicks, which apparently didn't carry the force of super speed kicks as otherwise Satoshi's leg would be dust (You got on me for chanting faster then sound.), the kicks dent the face plate, slightly, but he pulls down mightily on the net intent on bashing Satoshi into the wall, he then attempts to close as much as possible, grabbing Satoshi, and pull him close enough for him to smell his breath as he says.

"Nova, Sono Griektsu Myu-Jishan."

If successful enough to even get within 50ft of him, they will both be convered in a fire storm the likes of hell itself has never seen.

(OOC:Ok...even if the kick isn't "supersonic", it's still incredibly strong. Not from speed, from sheer strength. Besides the fact that my toughness goes up at the same rate as my speed and strength. Meaning I can always handle the full level of my abilities without "going to dust". Also, what wall? But yeah, as I recall, Vince's face is covered by mere rock. It's going to get more than dented at this point. But beyond that...)

Satoshi's eyes narrow as he's pulled in.

The explosion goes off.

After the dust clears, Satoshi is barely standing, his armor burned, cracked, missing in a few places.

Then, over the course of several seconds, he straightens.

"For the sake of speeding up future fights...BANKAI!"

Satoshi glows, and is soon clad in his bankai armor, which is now pristine.

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 08:41 PM
Lien is there as well, snapping out of a month long auto-pilot. Hopefully somebody will take pity on her player and give some direction as to what is happening and what she can do.

Fan
2009-08-05, 08:48 PM
(OOC:Ok...even if the kick isn't "supersonic", it's still incredibly strong. Not from speed, from sheer strength. Besides the fact that my toughness goes up at the same rate as my speed and strength. Meaning I can always handle the full level of my abilities without "going to dust". Also, what wall? But yeah, as I recall, Vince's face is covered by mere rock. It's going to get more than dented at this point. But beyond that...)

Satoshi's eyes narrow as he's pulled in.

The explosion goes off.

After the dust clears, Satoshi is barely standing, his armor burned, cracked, missing in a few places.

Then, over the course of several seconds, he straightens.

"For the sake of speeding up future fights...BANKAI!"

Satoshi glows, and is soon clad in his bankai armor, which is now pristine.

(*Volcanic rock was mere description, It's the reverse of a Zanpaktou his spiritual energy hardened to it's best to provide him with protection, and the armor has taken similar blows before.)

However, even with Bankai the firestorm rages on, Vince's bare fist going for a facial impact as he is immune to the effects of his own bankai raging around them in a fiery tornado that burrows through the stone of the cliff wall.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 08:51 PM
In the twinkling of an eye, Satoshi is well out of the way.

"Stand down, Captain. You are already injured, and I'd rather not injure you further."

Edit: He stands there, cape flapping in the wind, sword held casually at his side, ready to move aside any worrying attacks.

Fan
2009-08-05, 09:00 PM
"I see no reason to. Your a man who wants to stop the death of a mass murderer. Set up or not Satoshi MURDER IS MURDER! Those people had families, children, BROTHERS! I'm not one to let a murdere go free, and if that's what you want I'll never back down. I'll never fall no matter how much you cut me. Now matter how many of my bones you break I will never back down. That is my resolve Satoshi Tsukami. I ask you to back down, and respect the Judgement that has been passed. I know he was your friend, and I would NEVER support the Death Penalty normally, but he killed well over a thousand LIVING people Satoshi. I know he was in his half hollow form, but thats where the danger is, he could do it again. Just a SPLIT SECOND slip of concentration and he would be slaughtering children, women, and men all over again. HOW CAN YOU FIGHT FOR THAT?!"

Vince says, tears in his eyes, he knows when he can't win, and with so many divisions allied against him it's inevitable, but he can't allow this to happen. Not now, not ever.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 09:17 PM
"I see no reason to. Your a man who wants to stop the death of a mass murderer. Set up or not Satoshi MURDER IS MURDER! Those people had families, children, BROTHERS! I'm not one to let a murdere go free, and if that's what you want I'll never back down. I'll never fall no matter how much you cut me. Now matter how many of my bones you break I will never back down. That is my resolve Satoshi Tsukami. I ask you to back down, and respect the Judgement that has been passed. I know he was your friend, and I would NEVER support the Death Penalty normally, but he killed well over a thousand LIVING people Satoshi. I know he was in his half hollow form, but thats where the danger is, he could do it again. Just a SPLIT SECOND slip of concentration and he would be slaughtering children, women, and men all over again. HOW CAN YOU FIGHT FOR THAT?!"

Vince says, tears in his eyes, he knows when he can't win, and with so many divisions allied against him it's inevitable, but he can't allow this to happen. Not now, not ever.

"Because he and I are practically the same. WE now both have monsters chained within our souls. And he's no more guilty of murder than a person robbed of their will by some other form of mind control. The creature that killed those people is restrained. Shirubaru himself is innocent."

Satoshi pointed to his mask.

"I fight for it, because I carry the same burden. And I believe in Shirubaru enough to know he can carry that burden as well as I. You fight to have an innocent soul carrying a terrible burden wiped from existence. I cannot abide that. Do not waste your tears on me."

(Edit: Leaving this space blank, in limbo, until further determined.)

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 09:21 PM
Taniko shunpos behind Satoshi, her bankai out. We'll say she was spamming Hakufuku while her player was deadtimed in order to minimize casualties, targetting those against Shirubaru and any members of the 11th Squad that may happen to get carried away in the fighting. "Well, this is certainly a nightmare scenario."

Kessen has been teleported away by Viatrix, because he didn't have enough time to study her powers and handed Project Rojak over to Kiljaeran. Due to this translocation, the Abominations that were ordered to converge on his position are harmlessly redirected. Go Vi!

Marco is directing Karte: Jack of Diamonds in using her red reishi arrows in providing Alicia cover fire when needed and blowing the various traps to bits when not.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 09:25 PM
Satoshi

"I daresay that's an understatement. Have your people move the wounded out ASAP. I think things are going to get worse, before they get better. If you have a way to help get the unseated and lower level seated out of here, that would help, too. I'm surprised Hideki hasn't already cut loose."

He seemingly stands still, observing the battle.

The fact that he can also occasionally be seen on the battlefield, moving a wounded person, or knocking out a combatant, is immaterial to his conversation.

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 09:30 PM
Taniko nods, sending her bankai out in a swarm to relay orders with sound control, and the 4th Squad is quick to comply. Some are unloading stretchers that had been stashed under the stands, almost as though somebody had made preperations for this fiasco that didn't involve reckless violence.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 10:33 PM
Carmen runs up next to Satoshi.
She's sweating, and holding a sealed Severat.
No injuries, bare any scratches, and no blood on her blade.
She smiles.
I have ordered the eleventh to pull back, captain.
And indeed, a lot of the 11th division is pulling back, away from the execution grounds. The few left behind are engaging in already started fights.

Shades of Gray
2009-08-05, 10:38 PM
Xavier sighs, waking up at a hell butterfly yelling at him. He checks a clock. Three hours. Better than usual. He gets dressed, provided he still has clothes, and runs to the execution ground.

Alicia is paralyzing enemies left and right, however one NPC enemy gets at her blindspot, leaping in the air at her.

((Hey, Quin. Mind posting in Mee's SPAAACE game?))

horngeek
2009-08-05, 10:40 PM
Daisuke looks behind him.

People. Stop this madness.

Hai.

The 1st division go, to stop the fighting.

{{You can dictate what effect they have on your fights}}

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 10:44 PM
Xavier sighs, waking up at a hell butterfly yelling at him. He checks a clock. Three hours. Better than usual. He gets dressed, provided he still has clothes, and runs to the execution ground.

Alicia is paralyzing enemies left and right, however one NPC enemy gets at her blindspot, leaping in the air at her.

((Hey, Quin. Mind posting in Mee's SPAAACE game?))

((Posteded))


Carmen sees the NPC jumping at Alicia.
She jumps in too, trying to knock him out of the air using her elbow.
If this is plot important, or anything, just ignore this.

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 10:47 PM
Marco had been providing Alicia cover fire by proxy, and he does not stop. A flurry of red reishi arrows knocks the sword out of the shinigami's hand, followed by grazing shot for the ankle.

Taniko, having finishes distributing orders, gives her undivided attention to healing the wounded. Namely, a dozen wounded simultaneously scattered across the battlefield. Who says she doesn't have a healing zanpaktou?

Draken
2009-08-05, 10:49 PM
"Tani-chan is so effective at her job!"

"Bet your ass she would be more effective if she had a healing zampakuto instead of that sound-based one."

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 10:52 PM
The blue oni would find its words unable to escape its mouth. Instead, Taniko's voice comes out, probably caused by the blade that floated between the two of them. "She'd be more effective if the two onis would stop lounging around and start breaking up fights, stopping this madness as the Captain-Commander ordered."

Shades of Gray
2009-08-05, 10:56 PM
Plot important NPC? Pshaw. He's subdued. Thank you...? She asks to Carmen, they haven't met. She's using her other hand to create a small shield.

Alexander appears next to Daisuke. *cough* Pleasant... afternoon, old friend. Need... any help?

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 10:58 PM
You're welcome.
Carmen says, nodding.
Carmen Arule, 11th squad vice captain.

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 10:58 PM
Lance

Lance has somehow procured popcorn. He offers to Luther. He seems almost scarily nonchalant about the whole thing, really.

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 10:59 PM
Lien works her way through the battle area, dispatching weaker soldiers with ease. She hasn't even released her zanpaktou yet. Her face is its typical blank expression and she barely seems away of each blade stroke she makes, or of the enemies falling under her attacks.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 11:00 PM
Satoshi

(OOC:Posting this, we'll let conversation stand, and chalk it up to speed. Anyways.)

Satoshi stood opposite Vince for a moment.

He then blurred, moving impossibly fast towards the other Captain, intent on striking to disable.

(OOC:Horngeek, this is where Daisuke stops the fight.)

Shades of Gray
2009-08-05, 11:02 PM
Alicia Eve Ryder, 2nd Division. It should be noted that Ryder is a noble name. She sees Lien. Oh dear. She grips her zanpaktou. Want me to clear a path?

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 11:02 PM
Lance

Lance has somehow procured popcorn. He offers to Luther. He seems almost scarily nonchalant about the whole thing, really.

Luther

Luther looks askance at Lance.

"You're surprisingly relaxed for this whole thing."

Tyler

Tyler is still flying overhead, giving covering fire. Still in first stage mask.

(OOC:I thought someone mentioned wanting to fight Tyler or something.)

Draken
2009-08-05, 11:04 PM
"We don't have to do squat about Daisuke's orders. We work for the Kidõ Corps and he can tan my rear if he thinks he can boss me."

"More likely to give you a sunburn dude."

"Shut your trap you [censored]."

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:04 PM
I've got it.
She says, rushing towards Lien.
Hey!
Why don't you pick on somebody your own size?

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 11:07 PM
Lien doesn't seem to hear Carmen as she yells at her. She honestly seems to be lost in her own world.

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 11:08 PM
Luther

Luther looks askance at Lance.

"You're surprisingly relaxed for this whole thing."

Lance

"Eh, you're the one who said we shouldn't get involved. Why not do that and enjoy it a little bit?" Munch munch popcorn. "...Plenty of babes around here."

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:09 PM
Carmen sighs, and tries to kick Lien in the back of the head, really hard.

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 11:09 PM
Lance

"Eh, you're the one who said we shouldn't get involved. Why not do that and enjoy it a little bit?" Munch munch popcorn. "...Plenty of babes around here."

Luther

Luther looked over at Lance.

"Any in particular catch your eye?"

Zarah
2009-08-05, 11:12 PM
"The power of a Vizard.

I can't say I am impressed by power steeming from the tainting of one's soul. I think I will have to carry this execution on myself.

Intensify, Hado 33, Sōkatsui."

With Onmyōji pointing up, to Masato and Shirubaru, Hideki released a veritable storm of blue fire into the sky.

The blue flames spread out and covered the entire edge of the hilltop, even making the entire scaffold disappear behind the veil of bright, blue light. After a tense moment, the energy began to dissipate and be carried away with the wind. From their place at the top of the scaffold, both Masato and Shirubaru were gone.

But they were not defeated.

A small wall of crimson fire remained burning up from the ground with two blurred figured hiding behind it. The ground all around them had been scorched and blown away except for a small cone of the land right behind the shield of fire. A few seconds of silence passed before the wall began fading away, revealing Shirubaru and Masato standing proudly and completely unharmed. Masato kept a two-handed grip on his zanpakutou, which was shooting flames from its backside like a wildfire.

"Whew! That one had a lot more punch than the last one you used on me! Nice show!"

He still had his grin.

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 11:12 PM
At the very last moment Lien suddenly drops below the kick, spinning in place to bring her sword sweeping around at her attacker.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:14 PM
Carmen jumps backwards, she pushes off the ground into a back hand spring.
She lands, and readies her weapon.
Good, now I've got your attention.

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 11:15 PM
Lance

"They're all pretty good... I'd say about a 8.6 average between all of them on the Lance-o-meter." Lance tosses a piece of popcorn up and catches it in his mouth. Luther may notice him still giving a bit more attention to Carmen than anyone else, if he's an expert at tracing eye movements. Why he is not admitting to this is anyone's guess. "But that's just the sexiness scale. There's the experience scales, the liveliness scale, the f-" Choke on kernel. "D-dammit I hate when that happens."

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 11:16 PM
Luther

Luther watches Lance for a moment, then watches the field.

"So, what about that gal over there? The one from 11th, it looks like, who just did a nice flip. What's your rating for her?"

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 11:16 PM
Taniko shunpos between Lance and Luther. "If you want to be helpful while remaining neutral, it seems those 12th Squad traps don't have target filters, and that you two can blow things up without setting off more traps."

The blade floating by the onis shakes back and forth like a shaking head. Now it's Kagekyoku's voice. "Well, you certainly don't have to, but I'm sure that those who want the fighting to stop would be grateful. Daisuke, Taniko, Satoshi..."

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 11:17 PM
Luther

Luther draws Steel Rain.

"Mind designating the targets?"

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 11:19 PM
Lien takes her in and the faintest smile crosses her lips. Lien: Vice-Captain, 10th squad. She arcs an eyebrow, requesting the same information from her opponent.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:21 PM
Carmen Arule; Vice captain 11th division.

Draken
2009-08-05, 11:23 PM
"How surprising."

Hideki pointed his staff to the two again.

"I will not ask how did you survive, for such knowledge would be moot in short order.

But now, I need space, and there are just too many people in this hill for my taste, before I deal with the two of you."

Hideki shumpo'd to the very edge of the Soukyoku hill, facing Masato, Shiru and... Well, everyone else.

"Do try to keep your ground you two.

Intensify, Hado 58, Tenran. Hado 73, Sōren Sōkatsui."

Oooh, two in sequence.

First, a tornado wind gushed over the Sokyoku hill, announcing just what Hideki planned to do, and scattering all who were wise enough not to resist it.

And then... Then a tsunami of blue fire washed over the place, up until the very edge of the woods.

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 11:25 PM
Lien's smile grows ever so slightly more. Finally an opponent worth bloodying her sword on. Forgive me if I sound rude, but I am still unsure of why this fighting is taking place. I am sure my captain explained it to me, but I tend to not pay attention. Either way, I assume that because you have your sword drawn, that we are on opposite sides of this conflict, correct?

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 11:26 PM
Lance

Lance frowns a bit. But responds anyway. "Her? Well, considering many of the intricacies and factors... I would have to say a 5." He pauses, waiting for reaction. "As in, she rolled past 10, back past 1 to 5 again. Pass Go, collect $200." Chomp popcorn.

He looks to Taniko. "You, my enchanting medic, are a solid 9." As if she cared. "But, there's not much I can do about these alleged traps, as me and my Purifier are at a slight clash of opinions. Well, I am. Damn clingy bastard won't get off me." He glares at the coins. "So I will leave this operation to my much more willing compatriot."

KnightDisciple
2009-08-05, 11:29 PM
(OOC:This works too.)

Satoshi is no longer headed towards Vince.

Instead, he's desperately evacuating first the wounded, then the remaining members of his Division that are standing, then everyone else who is lower than 4th Seat, mostly up to Vice-Captain (OOC: Not sure how low-ranked some PCs are).

They find themselves at 4th Division, scattered in various open courtyards, medics already rushing out. Those who were fighting find themselves far enough away from each other to get the hint.

The efforts of 4th and 1st have helped greatly.

The Captains and Vice-Captains (OOC:basically, any PCs) are left to their own devices, as this effort strains Satoshi to the limit.

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 11:30 PM
In response to the storm, fourteen inverted pyramids form in various locations on the hill, shielding those who cannot defend themselves. Many are empty, though, as Satoshi is a ninja. Ironically, one of them just barely manages to include the onis. The shield easily withstands the roaring winds, and are broken by the flames. "Saved your lives, now you owe me. Help evacuate the wounded!"

Using her bankai, Taniko continues to coordinate the evacuation of the wounded, many of which probably would have been killed by being thrown around had Taniko and/or Satoshi not interferred.

Marco and Karte, unfortunately, are blown away.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:31 PM
That we are.
Then the tornado came, Carmen saw her chance, she tried to grab Lien, and let the tornado blow them into the forest to fight. It would get them away from the others, and it would let them avoid any thing else coming.

Fan
2009-08-05, 11:33 PM
Vince's own injuries from this fight, and the last fight take their toll, and he clutches his side in agnoy as some internal stiches tear inside his stomach, and he vomits blood on the ground.

Deciding he's no longer in any condition to fight, he goes to Taniko, at a limping pace, and collapses in front of her, exhausted, and bleeding.

Zarah
2009-08-05, 11:35 PM
Although the powerful blasts were surely enough to kill anyone being hit with them, another wall of flames went up the moment before they hit, thus protecting anything behind them. Once the blue flames began to clear, it was obvious that Shirubaru and Masato had held their ground once again, and had apparently worked. With the threat now over, the shield faded away, but revealed the form of only one man; Shirubaru.

Masato was already gone.

As the remaining parts of the kido attack continued to rocket outward into the sky, they were suddenly carved in half by a bright, red light, which was followed up by a blast of crimson fire, heading in a straight line for Hideki.

Ganurath
2009-08-05, 11:36 PM
Taniko kneels over Vince, placing a hand on him before she shunpos them both a safe distance away, and she begins using her healing kido. Should he gain conciousness anytime soon, Taniko has words for him. "I think we're done with this nonsense for now, don't you?"

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 11:37 PM
Lien starts to dodge away from her, but sees the tornado coming and guesses what Carmen's plan is. She lets herself get carried by it into the forest. As soon as the two of them land she leaps back several paces and holds her sword at ready. Shall we begin?

strawberryman
2009-08-05, 11:37 PM
Lance

Lance sighs as he's nearly blown back. "Pushy, pushy... Well, if someone wants us off of the cliff for some alone time, I'll indulge them." He zips off to a tower with a hopefully still quite good view.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang, lacking the power of flight, is blown away. Landing face-first next to a toad-speaker halfway across the Seireitei. He stares.

Shades of Gray
2009-08-05, 11:38 PM
Alicia

Alicia manages to hold onto some part of Marco as they go flying, hoping to land a good distance away from the fighting.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:39 PM
Let's.
Carmen says, spinning he blade and taking a defensive stance.

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 11:43 PM
Lien takes the invitation. She springs forward, sweeping her blade in a powerful downwards cleave.

Draken
2009-08-05, 11:43 PM
Blue Oni and Red Oni leapt from their positions towards Hideki, shouting midflight to Taniko.

"You kidding me punk? If he had exploded us he would just have summoned the two of us back again before you could bat an eyelash! I owe you nuthin'!"

"I owe you thanks Tani-chan! Being back in hell, even for a few moments is horrible!"

"Wuss!"

And then they were both standing menacingly by Hideki.

"Impressive. A fire type zampakuto. Bakudo 81, Danku."

A translucent wall erected itself between Masato and Hideki (and the two onis), shattering after absorbing the crashing flame wave.

"Truly Impressive. Kill him."

"Gladly."

Blue Oni lifted his halberd with a single hand, and with a single leap, he went at Masato with a powerful horizontal swing.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:46 PM
Carmen rushed forward, swinging into Lien's strike so that their blades meet.

Jacklu
2009-08-05, 11:51 PM
Metal meets metal. Lien leans forward into her blade, putting her full, if somewhat limited, weight into it. She tries to lock eyes with Carman. Her expression has returned to its normal combat state of blank and emotionless. Her eyes still reflect a desire to fight, though.

Quinsar
2009-08-05, 11:53 PM
Carmen pushes back, she has a lot more strength than her small figure should allow. She hopes to knock Lien back onto her back, or just backwards.
She's smiling.

Zarah
2009-08-05, 11:55 PM
Masato landed on the scorched earth a short distance from Hideki, watching him carefully. His robes were burned and still smoking a little as he had just barely managed to get out of the way of his attack. His breathing was beginning to get heavier as well, but he didn't let it scrub his confidence.

"A fire-type zanpakutou. Heh," he added to Hideki's observation. When he saw the Oni begin to rush forward, he met the beast in head-on combat. The two traded a few blows, neither one making any significant progress until finally coming together and meeting each other face-to-face.

"Not exactly," he said. Suddenly, Masato's fire pulsed through his blade. He slid it along the Oni's halberd before breaking away and unleashing a wide wave of flames in the hopes of pushing the Oni off-guard, or even getting rid of him altogether.